PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Positives

RINGLEADER
09-18-2016, 02:40 PM
As I've said elsewhere this was a pretty much a total team failure on offense with just about everyone (Maclin - four drops, Ware - first fumble, Harris - drive killer, Fisher - penalties, Smith - erratic throws, Morse - bad snap, etc.). Still KC was right there about to win missing out best offensive and defensive players, starting guards, against a good defense in their house. This is one of those games that hurts because we could have had it.

But I also doubt we'll see another game this year where so much goes wrong all at once for this offense. It was more execution than play-calling (although there were a couple of series that were classic Andy Reid WTF moments) so not worried about that.

I will say there are a bunch of positives to take away from the first couple games about this team:

Gaines - Sean who?

Peters - He'll gamble but he pays out more often than he busts (and FTR that taunting penalty was pure BS BTW)

Ford - Made some plays and didn't stand out as a weak spot

Hill - Speed, speed, speed. We'll see him more involved I have no doubt (and FTR that holding penalty on his return was pure BS BTW)

Morse - Outside of that bad snap he played a really solid game.

Ware/West - I prefer Ware over West but we are really, really deep at RB.

What do all those guys above have in common? They're young, athletic, and fast. They're playmakers who should only get better over this season and into the future.

Cue all the "we'll suck until Alex Smith is replaced" comments. He had a very bad game to be sure, but he wasn't the only reason we lost today. In the next few weeks we'll see if week one or week two is more representative of who the team is. I'll stay positive.

CupidStunt
09-18-2016, 02:43 PM
Only a complete retard would try to spin positives at this point. The only one I can think of is that Smith's contract is getting shorter every week, right? Or at least he's getting older and closer to retirement.

Easy 6
09-18-2016, 02:46 PM
Agreed on Hill, he is REALLY starting to have an impact, biggest bright spot of the day by far

Right again about Gaines, he is greasy fast and can stick with the slickest receivers

ps - stupidc**t is a worthless woman and should go finger herself

Bwana
09-18-2016, 02:49 PM
No one was killed on the field.

TripleThreat
09-18-2016, 02:51 PM
Only a complete retard would try to spin positives at this point. The only one I can think of is that Smith's contract is getting shorter every week, right? Or at least he's getting older and closer to retirement.

And you also are getting older and closer to dying, so you should try to enjoy the next 7-8 years smith will be on the team rather than waste 7-8 years of your football life being a stupid c*nt.

Deberg_1990
Tyreek 'the thrill' Hill was superb

petegz28
WTF is Morris and what did we do with Morse? :shrug:

oaklandhater
09-18-2016, 02:53 PM

This the sooner he retires the better.

FloridaMan88
09-18-2016, 02:54 PM
The defense looked better, but it is hard to see many positives considering how bad the offense looked today.

Things won't be much easier for the offense next week against a good NY Jets defensive line.

RunKC
09-18-2016, 02:57 PM
Justin March looked a lot better this week.

The Poz
09-18-2016, 02:59 PM
Right again about Gaines, he is greasy fast and can stick with the slickest receivers

I agree that Gaines looks the part of a fast and sticky CB but damn, the boy has to learn to tackle! Back to back weeks this guys completely misses in the open field.

Pointer19
09-18-2016, 02:59 PM
It was a tough game for the offense, but defense did a great job of shutting down drives. I like reading your points, RINGLEADER. ClaypidStunt, please GTFO.

MMXcalibur
09-18-2016, 03:00 PM
Winnable game, despite looking like ass.

.....I dunno if that's a positive or not.

Hammock Parties
09-18-2016, 03:04 PM
The running game and defense looked good. Good enough to win.

Just need to shore up that passing game. We'll do that one of the years...someday.

RINGLEADER

Yeah okay. See you at recess.

RINGLEADER
WTF is Morris and what did we do with Morse? :shrug:

Oh **** me...

On edit: Huh? What?

Easy 6
09-18-2016, 03:05 PM
I agree that Gaines looks the part of a fast and sticky CB but damn, the boy has to learn to tackle! Back to back weeks this guys completely misses in the open field.

He definitely isnt the most physical guy out there, but I still love his overall performance

Its good to see you back around btw!

stevieray
09-18-2016, 03:05 PM
Keeping it within seven with the TO's against a GOOD defense.

Defense basically giving up FG's.

CupidStunt
09-18-2016, 03:06 PM
And you also are getting older and closer to dying, so you should try to enjoy the next 7-8 years smith will be on the team rather than waste 7-8 years of your football life being a stupid c*nt.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

My God. If Smith is still here for 7-8 YEARS and you retards are still chugging his cock, I won't be able to stop laughing the rest of my life.

scho63
09-18-2016, 03:12 PM

He missed a big tackle at the end of the game that gave the Texans a first on third and 6 or 7. He had the guy stopped behind the line. It was the play the Texans did a quick snap

keg in kc
In the next few weeks we'll see if week one or week two is more representative of who the team is. I'll stay positive.I don't see much difference between the two weeks, aside obviously from the outcome. The offense looks terrible. One quarter of good play doesn't wipe away the other seven. The defense struggles early then solidifies, keeping us competitive on the scoreboard if nowhere else.

As I said in the game thread, based on the first two weeks, the Chiefs are a very poorly-coached/-prepared team built around a solid defense that will, however, give up big pass plays (no surprise to most of us when you consider Houston and the young dbs...) and a bad offense that will occasionally have a few okay series, but will mostly just spin its wheels.

We might luck into a wildcard with play like this, but we won't get far if we do. Much like the last two times we made the postseason. We just won't be able to beat top-tier quarterbacks with playoff calibre teams around them.

Something has to change on offense. Actually several somethings. Alex Smith has to consistently be what he was in the fourth quarter against the bolts. Wilson needs to be cycled out in favor of Hill (which I hate to say, I love Wilson's story...). The line needs to get healthy and solidify on the right side. Andy Reid's playcalling needs to get much less predictable/conservative.

I'm okay with the defense at this point although I get why some people are frustrated with Peters. Special teams are fine. It's the offense that's gonna determine how far we go.

Hammock Parties

Gaines was abused by Hopkins. He's a nickel corner at best.

Easy 6
09-18-2016, 03:25 PM

LMAO

Hammock Parties
09-18-2016, 03:27 PM
LMAO

I don't know what you're laughing about.

Our vaunted secondary just allowed two 100-yard receivers.

That was literally the difference in the game.

PS - throw it deeeeeeeep.

TripleThreat
09-18-2016, 03:28 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

My God. If Smith is still here for 7-8 YEARS and you retards are still chugging his cock, I won't be able to stop laughing the rest of my life.

What is with you and alex smith's cock? Thats the 2nd time in two posts that you have talked about it.. No one here has once said they are on alex smith's cock, but for you to constantly talk about it makes me think you fantasize about posters here on his cock which is weird. Do you want to touch this dudes dick or something??? :hmmm:

and since we got the kid in 2013, weve been to the posteason 2 out of the last 3 years, and if we go this year, we will have made the postseason 3 times out of the last 4 years.. Your emotional hate for the guy is ROFL ... You so mad cause he wont let you touch his cock...

Bad game all around from our offense, but the fact that you seem intent on keeping the blame solely on the QB is retarded, and again, shows you are just emotionally blindly hating the guy with no logic to back up your dick fantasys you got going on.

notorious
09-18-2016, 03:29 PM
Positives?

http://i.imgur.com/S8sj4.gif

FloridaMan88
09-18-2016, 03:29 PM
Wasn't this supposed to be the year that everything came together for the offense?

Fourth year in Andy Reid's system, more talent than any previous season under Reid, etc.

6.5 quarters of football this season sure haven't looked like that.

DaneMcCloud
09-18-2016, 03:33 PM

It was Smith's fault that LDT and Ehinger were out today.

It was Smith's fault that the ball was snapped over his head, which led to a Texans recovery and score.

It was Smith's fault that Demetrius Harris couldn't hold on to a big gainer that would have put the Chiefs in the Red Zone.

It was Smith's fault that Spencer Ware fumbled in Texans territory after a big gainer.

It was Smith's fault that Cairo Santos kicked the ball out of bound and put the Texans on the 40 with a short field.

It was Smith's fault that a phantom holding call was called during Hill's return for a touchdown.

Kman34
We all didn't die from an asteroid hit....................but today Isn't over yet..

Meatloaf
I'll second the observation that Tyreek Hill had a breakout game. This kid can definitely make a difference in a game. Good to see him shine in a regular season game. A definite "positive" coming out of this game.

Candiru
09-18-2016, 03:36 PM
Special teams was great. The sideline protection package at the end of the 1st half was ****ing awesome

Hammock Parties
09-18-2016, 03:37 PM
Special teams was great. The sideline protection package at the end of the 1st half was ****ing awesome

http://i.imgur.com/sktnWBc.gif

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-18-2016, 03:38 PM

you're a fucking dumbass . I've never used the ignore function but after talking to Simply Red I think I will now . Fuck You !

Candiru
09-18-2016, 03:38 PM

Lol don't do that to me

Hammock Parties
09-18-2016, 03:39 PM
you're a fucking dumbass . I've never used the ignore function but after talking to Simply Red I think I will now . Fuck You !

thanks

have a nice day

Bewbies
09-18-2016, 03:42 PM
Positives: the game is over.

stevieray
thanks

have a nice day

I'll give you six weeks.

...tops.

nobody, even you, will be surprised.

Candiru
I don't know what you're laughing about.

Our vaunted secondary just allowed two 100-yard receivers.

That was literally the difference in the game.

PS - throw it deeeeeeeep.

Does seem to be a problem. Can't be giving up 10+ yards per target.

Mr. Laz
Houston made the big pass just about each time they needed it.

Then just didn't continue throwing it because they didn't need to. Our offense was a big of shit and they knew it.

I'm not sure why people are applauding our secondary.

I'm not sure the Parker isn't our 2nd best cover man.

Have our safeties EVER been on time when helping deep down the sideline?

keg in kc
09-18-2016, 03:50 PM
Young corners + no pass rush + officials allowing WRs to manhandle said young corners will always equal some big plays.

Peters needs to calm down, though - he'll never get calls like Hopkins' obvious OPI if he continues doing what he's been doing.

dannybcaitlyn
09-18-2016, 03:51 PM
D-line and Hill were the only positive.

New World Order
09-18-2016, 03:57 PM

Lol

Baby Lee
09-18-2016, 03:57 PM
Supposing today was fated as a loss, in the long run it was far more important for the defense to show themselves capable of sustaining some pressure than for the offense to flash anything in particular today.

Easy 6
09-18-2016, 04:00 PM
Young corners + no pass rush + officials allowing WRs to manhandle said young corners will always equal some big plays.

Peters needs to calm down, though - he'll never get calls like Hopkins' obvious OPI if he continues doing what he's been doing.

Truth about Peters... someone better get in his ear about those emotions

Tons of bad body language coming from him throughout the game, too much jawing with everyone and hangdog sulking on the sideline

Pablo
09-18-2016, 04:01 PM
We still have the loudest stadium in the league! Wooooh!

notorious
09-18-2016, 04:01 PM
Peters was yelling up at the crowd.

Is that normal? One would think that the distractions aren't helping him.

jjchieffan
09-18-2016, 04:06 PM
Biggest positive was that Clay, Inmem and Dagnabit were all booted from the game thread before it ever started. Thanks Bob Dole!!

Hammock Parties
09-18-2016, 04:12 PM
Biggest positive was that Clay, Inmem and Dagnabit were all booted from the game thread before it ever started. Thanks Bob Dole!!

I know for a fact that the rest of this place did an admirable job of shitting on the Chiefs.

threebag
09-18-2016, 04:28 PM
Why stop at game threads?

FloridaMan88
09-18-2016, 04:32 PM

At least he appears to give a shit.

More than you can say about the entire offense today.

New World Order
09-18-2016, 04:33 PM

Need to ban those 49er homer assholes who aren't even Chief fans.

BlackHelicopters
09-18-2016, 05:59 PM
This game was a shitfest. No positives.

CupidStunt
09-18-2016, 06:25 PM
Eric Berry wanting $15m/year ROFL ROFL ROFL

TEX
09-18-2016, 07:14 PM
Houston made the big pass just about each time they needed it.

Then just didn't continue throwing it because they didn't need to. Our offense was a big of shit and they knew it.

I'm not sure why people are applauding our secondary.

I'm not sure the Parker isn't our 2nd best cover man.

Have our safeties EVER been on time when helping deep down the sideline?

You're correct with all of this. Berry was late getting over all day. That pass to Fuller where he bobbled it, then caught it, was a joke.

TEX
09-18-2016, 07:20 PM
What is with you and alex smith's cock? Thats the 2nd time in two posts that you have talked about it.. No one here has once said they are on alex smith's cock, but for you to constantly talk about it makes me think you fantasize about posters here on his cock which is weird. Do you want to touch this dudes dick or something??? :hmmm:

and since we got the kid in 2013, weve been to the posteason 2 out of the last 3 years, and if we go this year, we will have made the postseason 3 times out of the last 4 years.. Your emotional hate for the guy is ROFL ... You so mad cause he wont let you touch his cock...

Bad game all around from our offense, but the fact that you seem intent on keeping the blame solely on the QB is retarded, and again, shows you are just emotionally blindly hating the guy with no logic to back up your dick fantasys you got going on.

:LOL:

Easy 6
09-18-2016, 07:29 PM

That was a troubling scene, no lie

A couple trainers standing by while he had that obviously very heated exchange with some fans...I hope someone on this staff or team is able to rein him in

He is fighting the pressure of his own expectations right now, settle down and focus

DaneMcCloud
09-18-2016, 07:30 PM
That was a troubling scene, no lie

A couple trainers standing by while he had that obviously very heated exchange with some fans...I hope someone on this staff or team is able to rein him in

He is fighting the pressure of his own expectations right now, settle down and focus

Beyond that, he's a noted hothead

Easy 6
09-18-2016, 07:37 PM
Beyond that, he's a noted hothead

Its concerning, but I'd bet you're no more worried than I am

He is learning some unavoidable lessons this year, its a process...

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-18-2016, 07:38 PM

So clutch. I will continue to donate twice a year to this wonderful place.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-18-2016, 07:39 PM
Eric Berry has a special place in my heart. But he's not playing like he's on a contract year and that really bothers me.

oaklandhater
09-18-2016, 07:43 PM
So clutch. I will continue to donate twice a year to this wonderful place.

because any Negatives about the team is trolling right.

jjchieffan
09-18-2016, 07:44 PM
Yeah. Berry really needed to be in training camp and getting himself into game shape. He is rusty and it shows. I get why he did it, but that doesn't change the fact of how selfish it was. His play is obviously affected and it's going to take weeks for him to get to where he would already be had he been in camp.

jjchieffan
09-18-2016, 07:48 PM

Your and idiot.

There has been negativity from most of CP about the team today. The offense was horrible and everyone agrees on that. But that doesn't make them trolls. You know who the trolls are. The guys that are reveling in the loss and using it to support their tam bashing agenda. A few of them got themselves banned from the GDT before it even started because they were trolling.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-18-2016, 07:50 PM

I'm critical about players if there's reason to be. But I'm optimistic about what we have going for us rather than buying into the sky is falling motto that a bunch of crybabies on here quickly revert to when we go down 2 scores.

Baby Lee
09-18-2016, 07:57 PM

I swear to fucking God, the people who pretend that the trolls are just regular critics are getting more irritating than the trolls themselves.

They don't even appreciate all the trolls' hard trolling work.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-18-2016, 08:03 PM
I swear to ****ing God, the people who pretend that the trolls are just regular critics are getting more irritating than the trolls themselves.

They don't even appreciate all the trolls' hard trolling work.

ROFL

Chief Roundup
09-18-2016, 08:32 PM
Eric Berry has a special place in my heart. But he's not playing like he's on a contract year and that really bothers me.

Neither Berry or Poe are playing in that manner. I have been surprised by their play up to this point.

staylor26
09-18-2016, 08:37 PM
Neither Berry or Poe are playing in that manner. I have been surprised by their play up to this point.

Poe played great today. I don't know what game you watched.

Hoover
09-18-2016, 08:38 PM
Great post.

There are positives in every game.

Peters might be a thugs, but damnit he's our thug. I love the fact that the dude is always lurking out there. And you damn well know when he gets burned he's going to make up for it. The guy just has a knack for the ball.

Pleased with Ford. I think this team really misses Houston's leadership. Would like to see Houston and Ford on the field together. Could end up being even better than Houston and Hali.

The old guys, Hali and DJ, showed up today. Defense played much better.

Gaines is good. Very happy with him.

We really missed LDT today. With our nef found cap space why in the hell don't we go get Geoff Schwartz?

the Talking Can
09-18-2016, 08:40 PM
hmm....positives

1. tyreek hill single-handedly made domestic violence matter less than nfl kick offs

2. eric fisher is a stud LT

3. the Chiefs TE group is one of the best in the league

4. you can still make excuses for alex smith

DaneMcCloud
09-18-2016, 08:47 PM

Poe had a chance to body slam Osweiler

He didn't

DaneMcCloud
09-18-2016, 08:49 PM
If Ford continues to ascend, the dopey "bust" label will be quickly eschewed

Baby Lee
09-18-2016, 08:54 PM

He didn't

I was pretty impressed how he corralled that sweep.

A NT has no business tracking a runner like that.

RunKC
09-18-2016, 08:57 PM

He didn't

Did you not see him hit Asswiper right on the chest?

Chief Roundup
09-18-2016, 08:58 PM
Had to watch a shitty stream today soo maybe I missed it. Sure hope so.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

staylor26
09-18-2016, 09:04 PM
If Ford continues to ascend, the dopey "bust" label will be quickly eschewed

The thing that's frustrating to me is, after seeing Ford and Gaines so far, I know we'd be playing championship defense with a healthy Houston.

staylor26
09-18-2016, 09:05 PM

He didn't

Did you not see him hit Asswiper right on the chest?

RunKC
09-18-2016, 09:11 PM
Positives:

-DJ and Tamba were awesome today. Sure didn't look old.
-Ford didn't get a sack, but he got a QB hit, a few pressures and looked good vs the run.
-March was quietly good today.
-Hill looks awesome
-Parker is pretty damn good in coverage
-Poe looked awesome today in all facets. He was owning the C.

We should have won this game. I can't believe we made so many mistakes..

Easy 6
09-18-2016, 09:13 PM
The thing that's frustrating to me is, after seeing Ford and Gaines so far, I know we'd be playing championship defense with a healthy Houston.

We're two games in, give it time, let our resident Billy Batts be tough guys for a while

Let these clowns keep hating, this team hasnt yet hit its stride ;)

O.city
09-18-2016, 09:18 PM
We had family over all day so I'm finally getting to check in here, is the sky falling?

We turned it over what, 3 times on the road to a really good team. Offense kept shooting it's dick off, defense played pretty well against a good offense.

Can't make mental mistakes and do dumb shit and win on the road. Not sure why everyone is freaking out.

staylor26
09-18-2016, 09:21 PM
We had family over all day so I'm finally getting to check in here, is the sky falling?

We turned it over what, 3 times on the road to a really good team. Offense kept shooting it's dick off, defense played pretty well against a good offense.

Can't make mental mistakes and do dumb shit and win on the road. Not sure why everyone is freaking out.

Nobody is really reaking out. Clay and his minions are just running around spewing their bullshit.

O.city
09-18-2016, 09:22 PM
Nobody is freaking out. Clay and his minions are just running around spewing their bullshit.

I haven't really looked around, just read this thread, but I figured that was the case.

I'm pretty pumped to see Gaines thus far this year. Looking good. DL and front 7 was much improved today against the run. Need to get a little more pressure from Ford and Zombo is still shit, but it was much better.

staylor26
09-18-2016, 09:26 PM
I haven't really looked around, just read this thread, but I figured that was the case.

I'm pretty pumped to see Gaines thus far this year. Looking good. DL and front 7 was much improved today against the run. Need to get a little more pressure from Ford and Zombo is still shit, but it was much better.

Yea the defenses perfomance was encouraging. Should get Jamaal back next week to give the offense a boost too.

Hammock Parties
09-18-2016, 09:26 PM
I'm pretty pumped to see Gaines thus far this year. Looking good.

Why do people think Gaines played well?

We allowed over 200 yards to their two starting receivers, and Gaines was also flagged for a penalty and badly missed a tackle.

He was OK vs SD, and shit today.

O.city
09-18-2016, 09:30 PM

We allowed over 200 yards to their two starting receivers, and Gaines was also flagged for a penalty and badly missed a tackle.

In his 2nd game back from a torn ACL, he's playing pretty well. The Texans two WR's are really really good and they take a lot of shots down the field.

So my question is why do people always respond to you and converse with you here, yet here I am. So kudos.

staylor26
09-18-2016, 09:30 PM

You are fucking terrible at evaluating talent.

You did nothing but shit on guys like Gaines, Ford, and Hill, and they've all played well.

Hammock Parties
09-18-2016, 09:32 PM

You did nothing but shit on guys like Gaines, Ford, and Hill, and they've all played well.

This isn't about "evaluating talent."

For all his "talent," Gaines was beaten again and again today by his man. Great talent. RESULTS SUCK!

Ford is still nothing special and Hill didn't do shit on offense today, which is the main reason I've always doubted him.

The Chiefs need a lot more from those guys if they want to compete.

Jerok
09-18-2016, 09:33 PM
Next we play a crazy good jets team

kcpasco
09-18-2016, 09:36 PM

And he's still outplayed Sean Smith so far

NJChiefsFan
09-18-2016, 09:37 PM
I would have to see stats and video because I have a hard time focusing on individual players during games. From what I saw Gaines played well against difficult assignments. The corners will be tested next week as well.

DaneMcCloud
09-18-2016, 09:42 PM
Aaron Rodgers with 3 fumbles on the road, losing to Sam Bradford.

Season over.

staylor26
09-18-2016, 09:45 PM

Season over.

Same story with Russell Wilson and the Seahawks in LA. Clay and his minions won't acknowledge that though.

CP's favorite young QB's Carr and Bortles continue to struggle also.

O.city
09-18-2016, 09:46 PM
Luck was bad today as well.

Chiefs=Champions
09-18-2016, 10:14 PM
This isn't about "evaluating talent."

For all his "talent," Gaines was beaten again and again today by his man. Great talent. RESULTS SUCK!

Ford is still nothing special and Hill didn't do shit on offense today, which is the main reason I've always doubted him.

The Chiefs need a lot more from those guys if they want to compete.

Very poor takes friend. Go chiefs!

DaneMcCloud
09-18-2016, 10:21 PM

LMAO

Hammock Parties
09-18-2016, 10:24 PM

I respect your opinion, even if I disagree. Many blessings, and thank you for handling football discussion in as kind a manner as possible.

temper11
09-18-2016, 10:40 PM

Season over.

And an INT!! Bench that bag-o-dicks!

Ming the Merciless
09-19-2016, 12:34 AM
And you also are getting older and closer to dying, so you should try to enjoy the next 7-8 years smith will be on the team

LOL

ROFL

oaklandhater
09-19-2016, 03:20 AM
Who in there right mind would blame Carr for the loss yesterday raiders d was 2003 Chiefs bad

scho63
09-19-2016, 06:00 AM
Eric Berry wanting $15m/year ROFL ROFL ROFL

He was so late coming over the top to help Peters

The Poz
09-19-2016, 07:08 AM
He definitely isnt the most physical guy out there, but I still love his overall performance

Its good to see you back around btw!

Thanks bud,
I'm still around but more so during the season.
Did Chris Jones do anything in this game? Don't recall hearing the name of our first pick out there.

TEX
09-19-2016, 07:12 AM
He was so late coming over the top to help Peters

Yep. Could have made an impact early on too, when Fuller bobbled the ball then made the catch. Was VERY late arriving...:shake:

TribalElder
09-19-2016, 08:03 AM
Positive: I got my Sunday's back

TEX
09-19-2016, 08:22 AM
Positive: I got my Sunday's back

:LOL: rep!

staylor26
09-19-2016, 09:41 AM
Who in there right mind would blame Carr for the loss yesterday raiders d was 2003 Chiefs bad

Saying Carr has struggled isn't the same thing as saying the loss was on him.

He's also played against two defenses that are just as bad as his. He's been inconsistent, and minus a couple bad calls could easily be 0-2 right now. Yea the stats look nice, but even Raiders fans are saying this.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-19-2016, 09:54 AM

As evidence by his shit GM work in Madden

Pasta Little Brioni
09-19-2016, 09:56 AM
The Faid losing at home to a bad Atlanta team would be worrying. Losing to a solid Texan team due to bad officiating and fluke plays....nah

O.city
09-19-2016, 11:28 AM
It may not have made much difference in the game outcome, but I've went back and watched the KO return TD that got called back and can't for the life of me see a hold there.

Discuss Thrower
09-19-2016, 11:48 AM
It may not have made much difference in the game outcome, but I've went back and watched the KO return TD that got called back and can't for the life of me see a hold there.

You can call a block in the back or hold on any punt or kick return. It's not really the end of the world.

ModSocks
09-19-2016, 11:55 AM
Positives that I noticed:

Dee Ford. He looked solid in the run game, applied pressure, made a couple of plays.

Derick Johnson. Still a Stud.

Eric Berry looks like he's getting into form. Made some solid, sound tackles. Brought down a ball carrier in the backfield.

Dontari Poe was blowing the OL up on several plays. He looks like his old self imo.

Chris Jones...dude does not look like a rookie till he takes his helmet off.

ModSocks
09-19-2016, 11:56 AM
I'd like to see Marcus Peters put together a complete game....

DaneMcCloud
09-19-2016, 11:57 AM

I didn't, either.

You can call a block in the back or hold on any punt or kick return. It's not really the end of the world.

Yeah, I'd say it was pretty much the "end of the world" in that case. Had it not been called back, the Chiefs would have had a much easier time tying the game or winning it.

As I stated yesterday, I think it's just fucking time to eliminate the kick return and the punt return. It seems like 50% or more of each play results in penalties and since refs can just make up phantom calls, just get rid of it altogether.

NJChiefsFan
09-19-2016, 03:32 PM
Positives that I noticed:

Dee Ford. He looked solid in the run game, applied pressure, made a couple of plays.

Derick Johnson. Still a Stud.

Eric Berry looks like he's getting into form. Made some solid, sound tackles. Brought down a ball carrier in the backfield.

Dontari Poe was blowing the OL up on several plays. He looks like his old self imo.

Chris Jones...dude does not look like a rookie till he takes his helmet off.

Ford's play on the one misdirection run to his side was one of the most encouraging plays I have seen from him. He used intelligence and patience on that play. Experience starting to help him.

I still think he needs to step up his pressure if we are going to beat the good teams in our way until Houston comes back. Hopefully he continues to become more consistent.

Beef Supreme
09-19-2016, 03:45 PM
The HIV positives

Easy 6
09-19-2016, 03:48 PM
Heres a positive, week 2 is over and in the books... now we go back home for the Jets