PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game: Week Two

gblowfish
09-18-2016, 03:33 PM
Ten Things About Today’s Game: Week 2

10. I’d rather be lucky than good. That saying was never truer than in today’s giant banana peel slip and slide contest. It was one of those days where the Chiefs couldn’t find their ass cheeks with either hand, and the Texans had everything go their way -including getting a mystery holding penalty on a 105 yard KC kickoff return and having a blocked FG do a dying quail over the crossbar to put the game out of reach. Maclin hadn’t dropped a ball in over 50 some odd games, dropped a bushel basket full, ended up pulling in only six of fifteen targets, most of the receptions in catch up garbage time. Smith and Ware hadn’t fumbled in over a year; both lose fumbles at critical times. Harris gets hit in stride with a perfect pass for a game changing play….fumbles -or drops the ball says the inconsistent crappy NFL officiating crew. We’ll look at both sides of the ball and at specials, but ultimately it comes down to what my dear old dad used to say when he’d scream at the Chiefs offense back in the early 1980s: THREES DON’T BEAT SEVENS!

9. Let’s start with the offense. The offensive line was a patchwork, missing our two starting guards, and their quality of play was uneven. Alex was sacked four times. Morse sets the tone for the game by hiking the ball over Alex’s head for the first turnover that played itself into the game’s only TD. Schwartz had his hands full with JJ Watt, who got the best of the matchup, and caused several critical false starts. KC had 77 yards in penalties, most of those on offense. Fisher holding. Fisher false start. And because of the inconsistent line play, Smith averaged less than five yards per pass and KC was 3 for 14 on third down. Despite all that, KC was in the game until about four minutes left in the fourth quarter. Hard to fathom.

8. Smith had a lousy day. No TDs, few passes over 10 yards completed, but some of that was on his butterfingered receiving corps. This team sleep waked through the first and third quarters again this week. First three possessions in the third quarter were three and out. That’s a sure way to wear out your defense, and is a reason Houston went to the hurry up offense in the second half; to literally grind our D into the ground. Most of Alex’s passing yardage was in garbage time in the last four minutes of the game. Kelce disappeared for most of the game. Conley was a non-factor. Harris gets one ball thrown at him for a momentum changing play and puts the ball on the ground. KC only got into the red zone twice, and withered and died there both times. Just one of those days were nobody stepped up to make a play.

7. Was it just me, or did it seem like our players were slipping and sliding all over the damn field? Ware gets hit with a pass down the seam -one of our few big plays- and he tackles himself. Maclin was falling down on cuts constantly in the first quarter. Our defensive backs were slipping and sliding in coverage. Why can’t we do a better job equipping our guys with the right cleats for the playing surface? Seems like a basic chore for a professional football equipment crew. And there still seems to be confusion on both sides of the ball getting plays called in, and defenses set. On a critical third down play with about five minutes left, the Chiefs defense was hopping around trying to figure out coverage. The Texans put two guys on on the edge. Gaines was waving his arms wildly because he couldn’t cover both guys. DJ noticed it too late; sprinted over that direction; Texans quick snapped the ball, threw out to the uncovered receiver, Gaines got chipped, missed the tackle, and instant first down; Chiefs lose another critical two minutes in game time bleeding away. That's purely bad communication.

6. Spencer Ware’s fumble was a killer. If he goes down with that football in hand, it changes the entire momentum of the game. I guess on the bright side, perhaps he’ll learn from this experience, and get better at ball security. I know Bienemy gave him an earful on the sideline afterwards. West is improving at blitz pickups. For a little guy, he’s not afraid to stick his nose in there and pancake a linebacker. Small consolation, but perhaps a positive we can build on.

5. The defensive front played mostly better today. Poe and Howard had a much better game this week; Alan Bailey is still MIA. I think Bailey needs to sit, and Chris Jones needs to play in his place. In the fourth quarter, Jones’ rush draws a hands to the face penalty which pushes Houston out of field goal range; then Hopkins catches a pass across the middle missing a first down by half a yard; then Jones gets a hand on the field goal attempt that quacks like a wounded duck barely over the crossbar. Play this guy. He’s a game changer. Still not getting much pass rush or sacks. Tamba got one, DJ got one. Mr. Ford….paging Mr. Ford….

4. Oh PETERS PETERS PETERS. The Peters giveth, the Peters taketh away. This kid is the Chiefs version of Yordano Ventura. Sometimes brilliant; sometimes a Bone Headed Dipshit. I’m going to say this; and you may or may not agree with it: But when you go all John Carlos for the National Anthem, you’re going to have a negative spotlight on you. And deserved or not, when you start to get the reputation as a hot head and a trash talking taunt-tongued punk, you’re going to draw attention from the zebras. I can’t help but think Peters focus is not all there. Hopkins for the most part, ate his lunch today. Both Peters picks were off target throws from Osweasle. Hopkins had over 100 yards receiving, most of that on Peters. Peters is supposed to be our number one corner, but teams are choosing to pick on him as the primary target. And he’s a candidate to get kicked out of every game on Personal Fouls. And the Personal Foul he drew today was because of his punk ass reputation. JJ Watt can wag fingers at people all day long and never gets called. But he’s JJ Watt, poster boy for the NFL; versus Marcus Peters, poster boy for the prototypical NFL Hood Rat. My advice to Peters: Strap Up, Shut Up, let your play do the talking. Zip it. Go back to the huddle, concentrate on doing your job.

3. Special Teams: This game reminded me a lot of our loss to Cincy last year where the Brazilian Midget kicked seven field goals and we still lost 36-21. Santos was on target; but after his third FG; which got the Chiefs back into the game, he kicks the ball OUT OF BOUNDS which gives the Texans the ball at the forty. Texans won field position battle all day long. And of course, the other play that could have put KC back in the game, a 105 yard kickoff return by “Probation” Hill gets called back on a mystery hold by Nelson. I watched that play three or four times; and that call is dubious at best. And did Hill injure himself by dancing in the end zone afterwards? Looks like he went to the bench in a slow and gingerly manner?

2. If the Chiefs continue to only play half of games, they’re going to be playing from behind week after week. It’s easier to get away with that at home than on the road. If you look at the last five minutes of this game, and how many times our line false started for noise issues, it’s just too much of a hole to overcome. And although Alex has led us to a big comeback, well, ONCE…LAST WEEK, he can’t be expected to be Jesus Christ and Aaron Rodgers every time we get down by ten or more. Most of this was back to lucky vs. good; Today Houston was lucky and good, Chiefs were neither.

1. Well, you didn’t expect to go undefeated, did you? Me either, but still, games like this are always ones you wish you had back later in the year. I don’t think we had any major injuries -hopefully Ware and Hill are OK- and KC now comes home against a Jets team that looked good against Coach Foot Fetish’s Bills. Jets will get a couple extra days to prepare for this game, which will be to their advantage. So, HOLD ON TO THE BALL, PETERS SHUT THE HELL UP AND JUST PLAY, GET A PASS RUSH ON FITZ, and most of all, PLAY ALL FOUR QUARTERS! See you guys at the yard next Sunday.

Trivers
09-18-2016, 03:38 PM
Spot on. Excellent write up.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-18-2016, 03:42 PM
Spot on as usual George. We shot ourselves in the foot from go this week. Never once did I think they were going to get back into the game because they couldn't catch any kind of continuity out there together at all today. We're going to learn a lot about this team next week.

Candiru
09-18-2016, 03:45 PM
I'm sorry, but calling Peters a hood rat makes me think you are a POS

Meatloaf
09-18-2016, 03:48 PM
Another excellent summary. Thanks!!!

oaklandhater

he didn't call him one he said it makes people think he is one.

kcpasco

He's not a POS but I'll agree that calling Peters a hood rat is definetly in bad taste.

oaklandhater
09-18-2016, 03:49 PM
and I agree with 4 this stupid kapernick kneel/black power fist makes the Refs have an eye on you.

Bugeater
09-18-2016, 03:51 PM
I'm sorry, but you whining about that makes me think you're a gaping vagina.

gblowfish
09-18-2016, 03:52 PM

Like I said, you may or may not agree with that observation. I personally think Peters is immature. But he's drawn a controversial spotlight on himself, and there's no denying that. That spotlight is going to come with baggage that he would not have otherwise.

And you watch who you call a POS.

Bwana
09-18-2016, 03:53 PM
Good read buddy, it defiantly wasn't their day.

WilliamTheIrish
09-18-2016, 03:54 PM
I still cannot believe that Smith didn't see an uncovered Conley on that long pass to Ware (9:30 or so in the 4th.) Conley's CB never paid a dime of attention to him.

I don't really care all that much. This team just seems like all the other recent Chiefs teams. Kind of good. Capable of great things at home. But on the road? Can't find their way.

7 quarters of bad offense is something to worry about.

Discuss Thrower
Might be the saltiest 10 Things I've read yet.

Not a lot to disagree with, however. George might have Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys' vision, but he's on target this week.

Candiru
Like I said, you may or may not agree with that observation. I personally think Peters is immature. But he's drawn a controversial spotlight on himself, and there's no denying that. That spotlight is going to come with baggage that he would not have otherwise.

And you watch who you call a POS.

I'm sure you watch when you call someone a hood rat. Make sure no black people are around.

notorious
09-18-2016, 03:55 PM
I still cannot believe that Smith didn't see an uncovered Conley on that long pass to Ware (9:30 or so in the 4th.) Conley's CB never paid a dime of attention to him.

I don't really care all that much. This team just seems like all the other recent Chiefs teams. Kind of good. Capable of great things at home. But on the road? Can't find their way.

7 quarters of bad offense is something to worry about.

In the past, this team has played very well on the road.

R Clark
09-18-2016, 03:55 PM

I say you don't your ass from a hole in the ground.Good read as usual and spot on about peters,you don't get kicked off a football team when you have his talent for nothing

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-18-2016, 03:57 PM
Peters plays like Terrell Buckley. He gambles all the time for picks, and he gets them, but he also gives up a ton of yardage.

kcpasco
09-18-2016, 03:57 PM
I like the emotion that Peters brings to this team. It's going to burn him from time to time but that's just who he is.

That taunting call was weak as shit anyways.

oaklandhater
09-18-2016, 03:58 PM
I'm sure you watch when you call someone a hood rat. Make sure no black people are around.

Omg way to make it about race.....

MMXcalibur
09-18-2016, 03:59 PM
Anybody here anything on that JJ Watt guy?
He had a solid day, but didn't get much focus on the telecast.

carcosa
09-18-2016, 04:00 PM
It was Ware's first fumble since high school, so not sure how much better he could get at ball protection.

gblowfish
09-18-2016, 04:02 PM
I like the emotion that Peters brings to this team. It's going to burn him from time to time but that's just who he is.

That taunting call was weak as shit anyways.

I agree on the emotion. I'd rather have a guy who cares than one who goes through the motions. But this is a game of controlled violence. Like it or not, Peters is going to be under a microscope by the league and by the officials. He needs to be more concerned with giving up 100 yards to the opposing receivers. And he's got a ton of A listers coming up on the schedule in the weeks to come. It won't get any easier.

MahiMike
09-18-2016, 04:02 PM
#6. Just like last year's week 2.

Halfcan
09-18-2016, 04:03 PM
It looks like the REAL Chiefs have showed up. This is just a bad football team all the way around. They have played one good quarter out of 8 so far in two games.

Alex -had his worst game as a Chief. Fifty passing yards at the half. He was waaay off target on many open receivers and the fumble was inexcusable. No leadership, no emotion, and showed why so many Chiefs fans hate him.

Kelce- must have been thinking about his next dating show. He did nothing and that holding penalty was costly.

Gaines- torched all day. He is going to have a long year of disappointment.

Peters- was screwed on the first TD-how was that not Offensive pass interference when Hopkins goes to Peters head and wrestles him out of the way. Then the penalty for waving a finger? The Refs had an agenda. Teams now realize they can hold him and push him around without drawing a flag. Peters is a marked man in the NFL.

Bailey-is he still on our team?

Andy- this was another one of your WTF games. You come out at the half and run it up the middle three straight times? You were out-coached. You stood there as your team fell apart-showing no emotion and doing Nothing. Romeo destroyed your pitiful game plan.

Easy 6
09-18-2016, 04:08 PM
Still have much to read, but... Lordy

3 consecutive 3 and outs to start the 3rd quarter is horseshit, thats on Reid... pathetic

kcpasco
09-18-2016, 04:09 PM
I agree on the emotion. I'd rather have a guy who cares than one who goes through the motions. But this is a game of controlled violence. Like it or not, Peters is going to be under a microscope by the league and by the officials. He needs to be more concerned with giving up 100 yards to the opposing receivers. And he's got a ton of A listers coming up on the schedule in the weeks to come. It won't get any easier.

Why should he be under a microscope though? He's not a criminal or a thug, he just plays with a lot of emotion.

Easy 6
09-18-2016, 04:19 PM
It was Ware's first fumble since high school, so not sure how much better he could get at ball protection.

Wow, thats an interesting stat... guess I'll try to forgive Spencer

Why should he be under a microscope though? He's not a criminal or a thug, he just plays with a lot of emotion.

Why doesnt matter, it just IS...

And OH YEAH gb, we need moar Jones... let Bailey sit on the bench a bit and see if that motivates him

Bwana

If you watch him on the field he runs his mouth a lot at the officials. I have no idea what he's saying, but I have seen some stink eye looks from the official's after he's done.

Chiefs4TheWin
Any loss to Suck Asswieller hurts, but despite the terrible terrible way we played, we still had a chance in the 4th and didn't pull it off. Good read as usual!

Buehler445
09-18-2016, 04:27 PM
Great read George. Appreciate the take.

It is hard for me out here in BFE to discern how others feel about the whole Kaepernick anthem business, but your point stands, his reputation is that of a hot head, with or without the anthem. And most importantly, your advice is sound. I find it unlikely it will happen but maybe. Andy did get Vick to check his ego, maybe he can work on Peters.

While I was watching the game, it occurred to me that good teams don't make the kind of mistakes that kill us. Sure, they drop passes, make penalties, blow coverages or whatever, but the point about equipment, fucking up kicks, dumbass fouls, and the shooting themselves in the foot, good teams just don't do. Pitt, NE, even fucking donk don't mess the easy shit up. It seems like we are still making the mistakes that good teams don't even on bad days. Maybe it's just a personal bias after losing to a bad team (Houston had no business winning that game), but it's damn discouraging that we can't take the next step to becoming a good team.

BlackHelicopters
I understand completely now. Thanks G.

vailpass

Kinda' uppity, aren't you?

Deberg_1990
I blame Smith and the offense more than anything the defense did.

Calling Peters a thug or hood rat is low George. Very low blow.

jjchieffan
09-18-2016, 04:28 PM
You could have made it simple, 1-10 Alex Smith Sucks/Clay and his minions

But, nobody really cares what those dipshits think. You have it spot on George. Alex definitely had a bad day, but his supporting cast didn't help. This loss was an across the board 100% on everyone from Andy to Schwartz and everyone in between, including Alex. Good Write up as always.

Buehler445
09-18-2016, 04:31 PM
Peters plays like Terrell Buckley. He gambles all the time for picks, and he gets them, but he also gives up a ton of yardage.

Yeah, I think looking at the yardage that Hopkins racked up and say he had a bad game. He had 2 picks, and was a great stab by hopkins away from having 3. The TD he gave up, he was trying to draw a flag for OPI (which was deserved). He didn't get it, and he probably should have abandoned that and done whatever he could to make the tackle, but on a day when nobody other than DJ and Hali got off the bus, I'm happy with his performance.

Buehler445
09-18-2016, 04:36 PM
BTW, where has Poe been? It's really easy to just push the edge rushers (I miss you Houston, come back soon) out of the play when the QB can step up because there is a clean pocket.

This is a contract year, and he's been MIA for 12.5% of the season.

Deberg_1990
09-18-2016, 04:37 PM
The defense played very well outside of a few plays.

The offense kept shooting itself in the foot. Once again Smith holds the ball too damn long and looks indecisive too much. It's like they have told him to not run as much this season, and he has no idea what to do if his primary is covered. So he panics in the pocket instead of running like he has in the past.

Buehler445
09-18-2016, 04:39 PM
OMFG, George is now a racist because, he stated that refs view him as a hood rat because he does dumb things.

Come on folks. 1. Learn to read. 2. Not everybody is racist. Especially guys who have held season tickets for a Pro Football team for 50 years.

Sandy Vagina
09-18-2016, 04:42 PM

.. and on this bolded part, I felt that Alex Smith looked lethargic and defeated from start to finish. No idea what or who pissed in his cheerios.. but he really seemed lifeless.

Discuss Thrower
09-18-2016, 04:48 PM
It looks like the REAL Chiefs have showed up. This is just a bad football team all the way around. They have played one good quarter out of 8 so far in two games.

Alex -had his worst game as a Chief. Fifty passing yards at the half. He was waaay off target on many open receivers and the fumble was inexcusable. No leadership, no emotion, and showed why so many Chiefs fans hate him.

Kelce- must have been thinking about his next dating show. He did nothing and that holding penalty was costly.

Gaines- torched all day. He is going to have a long year of disappointment.

Peters- was screwed on the first TD-how was that not Offensive pass interference when Hopkins goes to Peters head and wrestles him out of the way. Then the penalty for waving a finger? The Refs had an agenda. Teams now realize they can hold him and push him around without drawing a flag. Peters is a marked man in the NFL.

Bailey-is he still on our team?

Andy- this was another one of your WTF games. You come out at the half and run it up the middle three straight times? You were out-coached. You stood there as your team fell apart-showing no emotion and doing Nothing. Romeo destroyed your pitiful game plan.

?

Meatloaf
09-18-2016, 04:51 PM
.. and on this bolded part, I felt that Alex Smith looked lethargic and defeated from start to finish. No idea what or who pissed in his cheerios.. but he really seemed lifeless.

I agree, Cheeks. I thought early on that Alex looked alert and aggressive; however when the WRs dropped a couple of balls, it looked like Alex went into a shell, was indecisive, and actually looked kinda scared. I really do think Smith lacks confidence in self. Too much the analyst and not enough reckless gunslinger with short memory.

KChiefs1
09-18-2016, 04:54 PM
Great read as always George.

10. Nailed it!

Everything the Chiefs did today was bad or didn't go their way & yet they only lost by 7pts. Crazy.

8 & 9. Offense was unbearable to watch.

7. Everything was just a tick off today.

6. The WareWolf's fumble was a killer. Gotta live Bienemy giving him an earful. I bet he holds onto the ball a little tighter next game.

5. I want more Chris Jones!

4. The finger wag penalty was all due Peter's Oakland thug life attitude. We needed a big play from him today.

3. There was no hold on the return. Bogus call. Gotta curb the enthusiasm during your celebration Reek.

2. The slow starts drive me nuts.

1. Jets will be tough. Hope we can get a consistent pass rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rain Man
09-18-2016, 04:54 PM
?

Why wasn't I informed of this?

Discuss Thrower
09-18-2016, 04:55 PM
Why wasn't I informed of this?

Because we took you off the company listserv.

Seriously. Cut it out with the FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: shit, m8.

TimBone
09-18-2016, 05:00 PM
Anybody here anything on that JJ Watt guy?
He had a solid day, but didn't get much focus on the telecast.

jj wut

gblowfish
09-18-2016, 05:03 PM
Yeah, well, being a three time Defensive MVP will get you some TV time. I thought Clowney played much better. This is the first time he's really been healthy in his NFL career. He was almost as disruptive as Watt today. They have a good defensive front, and will be better when Cushing comes back; same as we'll be better when Houston comes back.

Discuss Thrower
09-18-2016, 05:03 PM
THIRD DOWN FOR WATT

tecumseh
09-18-2016, 05:09 PM
Good read, Mr. Flopnuts. Perhaps the term "hood rat" is a bit much. It carries a certain connotation that goes beyond "dumbass". Perhaps this wasn't your intent or maybe it kind of was... I don't know you personnally, however, this might provide some perspective to critical posts.

Deberg_1990
09-18-2016, 05:13 PM
I thought the Peters finger wag thing was absolutely ridiculous call by the refs.

But what we as fans don't know is that he could have gotten warnings on previous plays that the cameras never caught. We just dont know?

Sandy Vagina
09-18-2016, 05:14 PM
I thought the Peters finger wag thing was absolutely ridiculous call by the refs.

But what we as fans don't know is that he could have gotten warnings on previous plays that the cameras never caught. We just dont know?

and how many times have we seen a DL/LB standing over a QB and gyrating after a sack?

never see that called... ridiculous is right.

Deberg_1990
09-18-2016, 05:19 PM
and how many times have we seen a DL/LB standing over a QB and gyrating after a sack?

never see that called... ridiculous is right.

The Texans got one of those early in the game after a turnover.
Excessive celebration. Which I thought was another stupid call.

But these players all know the rules. It's a no fun league, it sucks but it is what it is.

Red Dawg
09-18-2016, 05:19 PM
At the end of the day we lost because Smith doesn't get us td's. He needs to make things happen by running and buying time but he doesn't. SB contenders have a QB that can.

scho63
09-18-2016, 05:23 PM
I give you tons of credit George for finding Ten Things after watching that shitfest. It was one of the Top Ten most boring and lifeless games I've seen the Chiefs play in 25 years.

Not much to say or much energy to waste on that crapper.

Thanks for the writeup GB.

KChiefs1
09-18-2016, 05:28 PM
I've watched Hill's return a couple of hundred times & it was a TD when he was at the 15 yard line.

The penalty was bogus & even if Nelson just stands there...Hill blows by everyone.

This kid only needs a crack to get through & once through, its over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyChuckles
09-18-2016, 05:57 PM
I didn't know Smith was on the injury report. How did he hurt his elbow, and when?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-18-2016, 06:16 PM
Great write up!

Otter
09-18-2016, 06:33 PM
Good read and thanks for the input. First game I got to see and it was a turd but the team is 2 in and it's early.

threebag
09-18-2016, 06:43 PM
As always thanks George.

Pointer19
09-18-2016, 06:46 PM
Thanks as usual, George. Summed it up well.

Kman34
09-18-2016, 06:50 PM
Good write up.... I think though Peters had a pretty good game.... Getting a INT on the goal line after the flag showed me he kept his concentration.... He could of had 3 INTs for the game which is almost a seasons worth in one game...he plays aggressive style of Man to man which is going to get a lot of attention from the referees...we all need to remember is just a kid and will take awhile to mature....

PHOG
09-18-2016, 07:10 PM
That ref can take that finger wagging penalty and stick it up his ass!!

gblowfish
09-18-2016, 07:10 PM
Game photos on the KC Star Website are here:
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/article102641817.html

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-18-2016, 07:14 PM

Hood rat has nothing to do with race. Get lost kid.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-18-2016, 07:16 PM

The offense kept shooting itself in the foot. Once again Smith holds the ball too damn long and looks indecisive too much. It's like they have told him to not run as much this season, and he has no idea what to do if his primary is covered. So he panics in the pocket instead of running like he has in the past.

Agree with the defense. They were actually quite effective, offense killed them by keeping them on the field. We shut down their run which was nice.

Smith had a lot of bad throws but we'll have to look at the All 22. From what they showed during the game our receivers were smothered all over the field.

TEX
09-18-2016, 07:26 PM

Nailed it. Smith had many opportunities to take off and run. Thats a big part of his game, and it was sorely missed today.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-18-2016, 07:26 PM
Apparently this isn't taunting...
http://a3.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F0918%2Fr127162_1296x729_16%2D9.jpg&w=570

gblowfish
09-18-2016, 07:28 PM
http://a3.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F0918%2Fr127162_1296x729_16%2D9.jpg&w=570

Yeah, well, like we said, when you're the poster boy for the NFL; a three time Defensive MVP, playing at home, you get to do that stuff. Not fair, but that's the way it is.

GloryDayz
As always, wonderful..

Buehler445
LMAO

This will be funny for awhile.

Discuss Thrower
09-18-2016, 07:31 PM
Hochuli basically told Cam in a game last yea that he doesn't quite carry enough water to get calls that other QBs get.

Buehler445
09-18-2016, 07:35 PM
Hochuli basically told Cam in a game last yea that he doesn't quite carry enough water to get calls that other QBs get.

And nobody refuted it. If a parabolic picked that up, it should have ended Hochuli's reffing career.

Buehler445
09-18-2016, 07:37 PM
Peppers is fucking ageless.

I still remember him swallowing fools up while he was playing basketball at UNC.

Hammock Parties
09-18-2016, 07:39 PM

You are fooled by the camera angle. Watt is behind Conley, and presenting the ball to the crowd.

http://i.imgur.com/8zpY7gH.jpg

Hammock Parties
09-18-2016, 07:41 PM
Game photos on the KC Star Website are here:
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/article102641817.html

God damn, can you imagine seeing this coming at you.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/tzu14l/picture102641802/ALTERNATES/FREE_960/CHIEFS%20TEXANS%200155%20SK%2020160918F

GloryDayz
09-18-2016, 08:13 PM

It would be nice if the Chiefs would fax that to the NFL head office and ask them to review their policy on being consistent. Minimally just ask if they have one. And lead-in with, "and don't tell me 'they didn't see it' - or you'll call them blind."

the Talking Can
09-18-2016, 08:46 PM
im going to pretend i didn't read any of that nonsense about peters...

BlackOp
09-18-2016, 08:52 PM
im going to pretend i didn't read any of that nonsense about peters...

Yeah...that wasn't cool.

I like your write-ups...but "hood rat" had a definite racist undertone. Peters is an emotional player...but that association is a stretch.

If he were white...had problems with his coaches in college and did the same exact thing today..would you label him a "hood rat" or just a "spoiled, immature kid"?

SAUTO
09-18-2016, 09:03 PM
Yeah...that wasn't cool.

I like your write-ups...but "hood rat" had a definite racist undertone. Peters is an emotional player...but that association is a stretch.

If he were white...had problems with his coaches in college and did the same exact thing today..would you label him a "hood rat" or just a "spoiled, immature kid"? when I was a kid I was labeled a hood rat

Discuss Thrower
09-18-2016, 09:09 PM
when I was a kid I was labeled a hood rat

Referred to that busted ass Nike sweatshirt you wore and that atrocious haircut of yours. #rattail

lewdog
09-18-2016, 09:10 PM
when I was a kid I was labeled a hood rat

You're black?!?!

I've had the sincere wrong mental image of you all this time.

MMXcalibur
09-18-2016, 09:29 PM
Losing to Houston? Eh, it won't matter when it comes to playoff tiebreakers too much since I expect the Texans to run away with the AFC South. The only way it impacts us if we win the AFC West and are competing for a first-round bye (which I doubt).

Now, for this week against the NY Jets, it's much more important. The Patriots are going to win the AFC East running away. If we're stuck with the Jets in that wildcard shuffle, this week's result could be the one that differentiates between controlling our own destiny and scoreboard watching in the final weeks of the season.

SAUTO
09-18-2016, 09:36 PM
Referred to that busted ass Nike sweatshirt you wore and that atrocious haircut of yours. #rattail

Never had either. Who could afford anything nike? Even thrift shop nike was out of our price range.

By looking at old pictures we all knew when we started working.

It was the first time we had nice shoes.

SAUTO
09-18-2016, 09:36 PM
You're black?!?!

Asian

temper11
09-18-2016, 10:00 PM
Wow... from the other thread, it sounded as though Smith was soley responsible for this loss. That's not at all the way it sounds in this week's "10 things". Either way, not really looking forward to watching the game anymore.

On to next week. Brush it off Chiefs and move on.

temper11
09-18-2016, 10:07 PM
You're black?!?!

"Hood rat" is racially specific? I thought it just refered to people constanly in trouble with the law (being bent over the "hood" of a police car). Didnt realize it was race specific.

Dave Lane
09-18-2016, 10:13 PM
Spot on as usual George. We shot ourselves in the foot from go this week. Never once did I think they were going to get back into the game because they couldn't catch any kind of continuity out there together at all today. We're going to learn a lot about this team next week.

Bad daddy came to play today. Which is his normal mood.

Great job George

Why Not?
09-18-2016, 11:11 PM
Well, the game sucked. The Chiefs looked awful all around. Not much more to say about that.

Oh, also, I think some folks need to learn how to read things in context.

KevB
09-18-2016, 11:17 PM
For the all the talk about Peters, he had 2 picks and was a breath away from a third, going against Hopkins. Lots of other corners have gotten torched by Hopkins and didn't have 2 picks to show for it. He needs to be a bit more level headed out there but he's young and still looking for that balance. His swagger is part of what makes him successful.

Demonpenz
09-19-2016, 12:23 AM
I wonder if Reid could have Boerichter and Priest come in and talk to priest about having a lunchpale type of attitude

Anyong Bluth
09-19-2016, 12:35 AM
Top notch as usual, GBlow!

If you mirrored the Chiefs' play today, #1 would be a normal observation, #2 a fragment, #3 just a bunch of various symbols, #4, 5, 7, & 8 completely missing, #6 a picture of a #FAIL meme, #9 a 500 word run-on sentence, & #10 a knock knock joke with no punchline.

Always enjoy your game reflections and certainly more consistent than the team in the early stages of this season!

Anyong Bluth
09-19-2016, 01:02 AM
He's earned his reputation. Today's call was iffy at best. Wagging your finger when the guy is 10 yards away is pretty weak. Peters has a rep for jawing and the rest, and the zebras aren't going to cut him any slack.

I care less about the yards he gives up as long as he's picking off the QB and keeping guys out of the endzone. My suspicion is the book on Peters already around the league is to bait him into losing his cool and he can be had on the short routes and quick hits especially when you make a hard cut or change of direction because he plays the passing lanes far more often than his man.

He needs to realize teams are going to keep pressing to get under his skin to their benefit to draw a dumb penalty. If he hasn't or doesn't figure that out he's an even bigger fool and his team mates and coaches equally dumb if no one can talk some sense into him or otherwise sideline him for a series, quarter, however long to get the message through to him that it's too costly to the team to get hit with penalties for being immature.

I don't want him to lose his swagger. I don't even at this point mind if he is a bit more cowboy in how he gambles playing his position, but last I checked playing with swagger isn't a 15 yard penalty and warning another flag will get him ejected from the game.

SAUTO
09-19-2016, 06:02 AM
"Hood rat" is racially specific? I thought it just refered to people constanly in trouble with the law (being bent over the "hood" of a police car). Didnt realize it was race specific.

Not even close to what it came from

SAUTO
09-19-2016, 06:05 AM
Re watching and I think Peters got warned when he batted a ball away and kinda stood over the guy for a second looking down

srvy
09-19-2016, 06:14 AM
Nice write up once again George. I just can't figure our game plan in this one. Seems we get down and forget the run. Was it because the 2 guards down. It seemed like QB hurt against a strong pass rush establish a run get them back on heels. Oh well we seen this with Andy.
I think we will have to eccept this with peters. He will make enough great plays we will forget most of it. He is a playmaker that takes a lot of risk just someone needs tell him you don't win by always yapping as the zebras.
Ty George this is always 1st read for me after the game.

InChiefsHeaven
09-19-2016, 06:22 AM
Awesome as always. You should write for the KC Star.

This was a game where I was just wanting it to be over. Hopefully they got that shit out of their system. It's always something with this friggin' team.

Beef Supreme
09-19-2016, 08:44 AM
The Chiefs deserved to lose today with their shitty play. But I'm gonna have to say that if you call back a special teams touchdown because of a holding call, you should be required to give the number of the player that did it, and show it on the fucking replay. I saw no hold. And the fact that they just glossed over it pisses me off.

64 Chief
09-19-2016, 08:45 AM
Greatly appreciate your observations. Pay no attention to the PC crowd.

TEX
09-19-2016, 09:02 AM
The Chiefs deserved to lose today with their shitty play. But I'm gonna have to say that if you call back a special teams touchdown because of a holding call, you should be required to give the number of the player that did it, and show it on the ****ing replay. I saw no hold. And the fact that they just glossed over it pisses me off.

Yep. It looked clean... I saw no hold. In fact a few of my buds, who are Texan fans, said as much... The only thing I saw was a Texan player SPIN while being blocked. Maybe the refs thought he was being held. He did the same thing that a D-lineman does sometimes when rushing the passer. :shrug:

philfree
09-19-2016, 09:24 AM
He's earned his reputation. Today's call was iffy at best. Wagging your finger when the guy is 10 yards away is pretty weak. Peters has a rep for jawing and the rest, and the zebras aren't going to cut him any slack.

I care less about the yards he gives up as long as he's picking off the QB and keeping guys out of the endzone. My suspicion is the book on Peters already around the league is to bait him into losing his cool and he can be had on the short routes and quick hits especially when you make a hard cut or change of direction because he plays the passing lanes far more often than his man.

He needs to realize teams are going to keep pressing to get under his skin to their benefit to draw a dumb penalty. If he hasn't or doesn't figure that out he's an even bigger fool and his team mates and coaches equally dumb if no one can talk some sense into him or otherwise sideline him for a series, quarter, however long to get the message through to him that it's too costly to the team to get hit with penalties for being immature.

I don't want him to lose his swagger. I don't even at this point mind if he is a bit more cowboy in how he gambles playing his position, but last I checked playing with swagger isn't a 15 yard penalty and warning another flag will get him ejected from the game.

He wasn't even close to the guy so there is no way that should have been called. He gave up the TD early because he left his man to do something other then his job. He basically guessed and got it wrong. Edit(maybe that wasn't on the TD but just a big completion.)

gblowfish
09-19-2016, 09:35 AM
Mellinger wrote an extensive column about Peters in this morning's KC Star. Too long to post it all, you can read it at this link:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article102644192.html

scho63
09-19-2016, 10:09 AM
I just took a good look at the stats from yesterdays game. I was very surprised that our stat line was not really as bad as I thought and some areas looked good.

The RB's averaged 6.3 yards on 19 carries.

We held our own in most phases.

Where we got killed:

1. Penalties 9-77 yards. Of course a few killed a drive with momentum we had.

2. Our #1 receiver caught 6 of 15 targets, not all his fault but he had the drops yesterday real bad

3. Alex Smith's accuracy-it was HORRIBLE yesterday; a 5 yard swing pass thrown in the dirt, at least 5 passes over thrown too high and overall one of Alex's worst games to date. Add in that Alex did not make any great runs and was just 2 for 2 yards. He normally gets at least 25 a game and many times are for first downs or avoiding a sack.

4. Texans deep throws: burnt us bad and Peters and Berry looked like to lost souls on both plays. They had about 80 more yards in the air then us and most of ours came in garbage time.

5. Our Turnovers vs their turnovers: They capitalized on ours and we didn't on theirs

6. TOP was 8 minutes in their favor.

Everything from crappy play calling, guys who had the dropsies, poor tackling, and lastly guys who couldn't get on or off the field in time let to one of the sloppiest Chiefs game under Andy for sure.

gblowfish
09-19-2016, 10:11 AM
In the second half Ware left the field to go to the locker room for (perhaps) a foot injury. He came back later, but after he went out, Andy basically abandoned the run. Think we may see the introduction of Charles into the mix this week vs NYJ?

Chiefshrink
09-19-2016, 10:17 AM
Collectively from a psychological perspective the Chiefs still keep reading their press clippings from last year and viewed both the Chargers and Texans as the same versions of 2015. Peters needs to grow up and definitely is reading his press clippings from last year and it shows as O coordinators continue to find his weaknesses.

The team needs to move on mentally and emotionally from last year and ignore all the overhype they have received as well as Peters IMO. "Build" on last year as opposed to "living" in last year.

dj56dt58
09-19-2016, 10:22 AM
I blame Smith and the offense more than anything the defense did.

Calling Peters a thug or hood rat is low George. Very low blow.

Maybe he should stop acting like one?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-19-2016, 10:34 AM
Good read, Mr. Flopnuts. Perhaps the term "hood rat" is a bit much. It carries a certain connotation that goes beyond "dumbass". Perhaps this wasn't your intent or maybe it kind of was... I don't know you personnally, however, this might provide some perspective to critical posts.

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Black-Guy-Meme-Question-Marks-11.jpg

sedated
09-19-2016, 10:43 AM
Hopefully they got that shit out of their system.

/CP last week

Danguardace
09-19-2016, 10:44 AM
On top of the KR Penalty another thing that was glossed over was the free play where Alex tossed it up got picked and they got flagged for taunting. But the Chiefs had to refuse the dead ball penalty.

Unless I am missing something that was another fuck up from the refs, I have never seen a dead ball penalty refused.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-19-2016, 10:47 AM
Mellinger wrote an extensive column about Peters in this morning's KC Star. Too long to post it all, you can read it at this link:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article102644192.html

That was a good read. Thanks for posting it.

Discuss Thrower
09-19-2016, 10:51 AM
On top of the KR Penalty another thing that was glossed over was the free play where Alex tossed it up got picked and they got flagged for taunting. But the Chiefs had to refuse the dead ball penalty.

Unless I am missing something that was another **** up from the refs, I have never seen a dead ball penalty refused.

Because taking the taunting penalty would mean that the INT was the result of the play.

Hydrae
09-19-2016, 11:39 AM
Always a fun time reading these each week George. Thank you for taking the time to keep all entertained and informed.

A couple of quick notes: First, here is the Urban Dictionary definition for Hood Rat. Make what you will of it, just trying to clear up any confustions: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hood%20Rat

Second, I was at the game yesterday and even Texans fans thought the taunting call on Peters was bull crap. Also, Harris (I thought it was Travis but must have been wrong) did fumble that ball although the guy who tackled him re-tackled him when he tried to get up to go after the ball. Somehow that move seemed like it should have been its own penalty.

Finally, I thought Kelce looked like he was hurting. He was slow getting on and off the field and generally acted like maybe his back was hurting him. I sure hope not but it didn't help the offense to have one of the top weapons at well under 100%.

After as poorly as we played I really did not have an issue with losing by. Obviously would have rather had a third win in just over 12 months in their house but was not surprised by the loss. But we were closer than I would have expected if I had known ahead of time how flat we would look.

Oh, and I did not see Tamba on the field at all in the first half. He did make his presence felt in the second half though.

temper11
09-19-2016, 11:53 AM
Not even close to what it came from

ha ha ha... I don't doubt this at all. Just what I've always assumed based on the context in which it is normally used. What did it actually come from?

GloryDayz
09-19-2016, 12:19 PM

As always it'll go largely overlooked, but among all the fluff Mellinger has in the article, the NFL needs to fix this part:

Receivers are too good and the rules too biased for offense for it to be any other way.

While few people want 7-3 games, I think the NFL has gone way too far in making rules that favor offense and no-call favoring offense all too often. From rub routes, to PI pretty-much always going one way, to very few holding calls on the O-line, to this era when the O-line can seemingly move all they want, to only one side really being able to attempt to draw the other off sides, they've really gone overboard in an attempt to get/keep scoring high.

I'm just waiting for the NFL to make D-linemen count to 5-Mississippi before they rush.

notorious
09-19-2016, 12:23 PM
Because taking the taunting penalty would mean that the INT was the result of the play.

Which gives anyone free reign to take someone's head off on a turnover like that. Dumb rule.

Discuss Thrower
09-19-2016, 12:25 PM
Which gives anyone free reign to take someone's head off on a turnover like that. Dumb rule.

..?

So would you rather defensive offsides result in a dead ball rather than a free play?

Chief Pagan
09-19-2016, 12:51 PM

I don't know that the guy who got the interception realized it was a free play, perhaps he did.

But I agree, I don't see why the personal foul only counts if you accept the interception.

On a different note, when the offense gets a personal foul after a play that results in a first down, they move the ball back 15 yards but it is still first and ten not first and 25. Never understood that one either.

Baby Lee
09-19-2016, 01:17 PM
ha ha ha... I don't doubt this at all. Just what I've always assumed based on the context in which it is normally used. What did it actually come from?

NeighborHOOD rat.

As in, someone shabby you are familiar with because you see him around the neighborhood regularly. Connotes an urban setting, which leads to the racial overtones.

Actually and technically, it's usually a GIRL who's known to wander the 'hood for 'socialization.' ie, a 'round the way girl,' hootchie or hot mess.

DaFace
09-19-2016, 01:43 PM

Only if it's after the play. If it had been a defenseless receiver call or similar, we would have gotten the 15-yard penalty and a first down. The taunting penalty was a dead-ball foul, which means that it's enforced AFTER the play rather than DURING the play.

In essence, the taunting penalty didn't interfere with the ability to make the catch, so if we'd accepted it, the INT would have stood, but the Texans would have lost 15 yards from that spot (or half the distance - I don't recall how close to the goal line they were at that point).

I don't know that the guy who got the interception realized it was a free play, perhaps he did.

But I agree, I don't see why the personal foul only counts if you accept the interception.

On a different note, when the offense gets a personal foul after a play that results in a first down, they move the ball back 15 yards but it is still first and ten not first and 25. Never understood that one either.

Same deal. The result of the play was a first down, and the PF didn't interfere with the play, so it's a first down. But you still lose the yardage.

If it were something like an offensive face mask that occurred DURING the play, it would be a 15-yard penalty from the previous spot and first and 25.

Discuss Thrower
09-19-2016, 01:44 PM
NeighborHOOD rat.

As in, someone shabby you are familiar with because you see him around the neighborhood regularly. Connotes an urban setting, which leads to the racial overtones.

Actually and technically, it's usually a GIRL who's known to wander the 'hood for 'socialization.' ie, a 'round the way girl,' hootchie or hot mess.

FWIW, 'neighborhood' is discouraged from use in real estate appraisal reports because of the racial connotations.

Chief Pagan
09-19-2016, 02:36 PM
Same deal. The result of the play was a first down, and the PF didn't interfere with the play, so it's a first down. But you still lose the yardage.

If it were something like an offensive face mask that occurred DURING the play, it would be a 15-yard penalty from the previous spot and first and 25.

I think I understand how the rule is written and enforced, I just think it is strange. On first and ten you run for 3 yards and then get a taunting a penalty after the play. It is now 2 and 22. They don't back you up 15 yards and say it is 2 and 7. So this penalty is way bigger than getting a taunting penalty on a play where you get a first (the scenario where they back you up 15 but it is still first and ten).

Chief Pagan
09-19-2016, 02:44 PM
..?

So would you rather defensive offsides result in a dead ball rather than a free play?

Absolutely. First off, if the defense comes across before the snap, the refs have to make a decision whether it is encroachment or they were drawn off by a false start. If it is a false start you want to blow the play dead before somebody gets a hit on the QB. If it is encroachment, you let the play go. Unless the offense also jumps before the snap, in which case you blow it dead. And unless the guy jumping has a straight shot to the QB, in which case you blow it dead.

Sometimes the D jumps across and appears to have a straight shot to the QB so they stop (so as not to get a personal foul), but after they stop, they no longer have a straight shot and the ref lets the play go ahead. This really sucks. Sure, the guy screwed up by jumping, but if he jumps and has a straight shot at the QB, you always want him to hold up. Don't penalize him for holding up. Always blow it dead.

Makes it hard on the ref for no upside. Movement or somebody across before the snap, blow it dead, sort it out, and asses the penalty.

Finally, there is always the chance that the QB thinks the D is across early, the ref throws the flag, the QB throws an interception on a "free play" and it turns out the ref was throwing the flag for something else (say illegal formation). I don't like that outcome either.

Anyong Bluth
09-19-2016, 03:31 PM
3. Alex Smith's accuracy-it was HORRIBLE yesterday; a 5 yard swing pass thrown in the dirt, at least 5 passes over thrown too high and overall one of Alex's worst games to date. Add in that Alex did not make any great runs and was just 2 for 2 yards. He normally gets at least 25 a game and many times are for first downs or avoiding a sack.

Maybe I'm wrong and flipflopping arms, but his elbow got WREAKED last week. Photo's been posted, and right after the game it was already about the size of a grapefruit.

It's virtually impossible to throw the ball without bending your elbow. The fact that it swelled that big that quickly tells you how significant of damage was sustained to cause that big a contusion. I've had my thumb bent completely back to the point it touched my wrist. A lot more structural damage with 2 bones broken and 2 ligaments shredded, but all that trauma and it wasn't until the next morning my hand had swollen and the part of my palm just below the thumb was the size of an orange.

Some of his throws were so off I am almost certain that his elbow played a part in it. Even with a cortisone shot he's still got a gimpy elbow being banged around in an area of the body that's loaded with bundles of nerves shallowly run close to the dermis. If pain wasn't acting up on him getting a numbing shot is going to affect his touch all the same. Everyone has had a local at the dentist's office at some point & knows how alien your lip can feel and cumbersome it can be to talk.

I only mention it because while no one is claiming Alex is some marksman, looking at some of his throws it's easy to see his mechanics were thrown off, contributing to a some really bad throws, & just another in the long list of unlucky factors for the Chiefs yesterday.

Anyong Bluth
09-19-2016, 03:41 PM
It shouldn't. One's a conduct penalty for taunting, and the neutral zone infraction is procedural. You don't take the procedural and take the conduct penalty. Flip it around, and that's exactly what happened to Peters. They took the taunting penalty and it was tacked on at the end of the play- it didn't negate the gain. The entire point is to penalize. Why would the rule make sense if taking the penalty results in helping the team that got flagged. You accepting the taunting flag shouldn't result in a turnover to their gain.

Anyong Bluth
09-19-2016, 03:44 PM
As always it'll go largely overlooked, but among all the fluff Mellinger has in the article, the NFL needs to fix this part:

While few people want 7-3 games, I think the NFL has gone way too far in making rules that favor offense and no-call favoring offense all too often. From rub routes, to PI pretty-much always going one way, to very few holding calls on the O-line, to this era when the O-line can seemingly move all they want, to only one side really being able to attempt to draw the other off sides, they've really gone overboard in an attempt to get/keep scoring high.

I'm just waiting for the NFL to make D-linemen count to 5-Mississippi before they rush.
Except that he's arguing against something that the nfl intentionally changed to give offenses that advantage because more points = more eyeballs.

Hydrae
09-19-2016, 06:17 PM
It shouldn't. One's a conduct penalty for taunting, and the neutral zone infraction is procedural. You don't take the procedural and take the conduct penalty. Flip it around, and that's exactly what happened to Peters. They took the taunting penalty and it was tacked on at the end of the play- it didn't negate the gain. The entire point is to penalize. Why would the rule make sense if taking the penalty results in helping the team that got flagged. You accepting the taunting flag shouldn't result in a turnover to their gain.

You have to take the procedure penalty so that the play ends there. If the play extends through to the taunting then the interception occurred. And Peters broke up the pass and that was the only penalty on the play, not sure how it fits here.

Anyong Bluth
09-19-2016, 06:54 PM
You have to take the procedure penalty so that the play ends there. If the play extends through to the taunting then the interception occurred. And Peters broke up the pass and that was the only penalty on the play, not sure how it fits here.
It shouldn't. Your behavior is the problem completely independent of the play or not.

GloryDayz
09-19-2016, 06:56 PM
Except that he's arguing against something that the nfl intentionally changed to give offenses that advantage because more points = more eyeballs.

Yup... Whores! And every time they say "tradition" I hope every crab on their nut sack bites hard, then makes them itch.

ChiefAshhole1056
09-19-2016, 07:03 PM
Idk if it's been mentioned yet, but Maclin lost a good buddy of his sometime recently (and may be why he was clearly off his game yesterday). Don't know how to link, but it's all over his social media.

Squalor2
09-19-2016, 08:00 PM
thanks george, for me, our line is a tweener. not road graders in pass or swiftys in pulls. and that is the salt on our tail. both of our lines were undisciplined this game.

GloryDayz
09-19-2016, 08:24 PM
All things be equal, George has no equal!

gblowfish
09-20-2016, 08:39 AM
Idk if it's been mentioned yet, but Maclin lost a good buddy of his sometime recently (and may be why he was clearly off his game yesterday). Don't know how to link, but it's all over his social media.

One comment I heard yesterday on Keitzman's show was they were wondering if Maclin had after effects from a borderline concussion vs. San Diego. He got pulled for the protocol in the 4th quarter of that game, but went back in during the OT. The question was, if he's still foggy and groggy from last week. May be something to that...

kgrund
09-20-2016, 08:59 AM
Maybe I'm wrong and flipflopping arms, but his elbow got WREAKED last week. Photo's been posted, and right after the game it was already about the size of a grapefruit.

It's virtually impossible to throw the ball without bending your elbow. The fact that it swelled that big that quickly tells you how significant of damage was sustained to cause that big a contusion. I've had my thumb bent completely back to the point it touched my wrist. A lot more structural damage with 2 bones broken and 2 ligaments shredded, but all that trauma and it wasn't until the next morning my hand had swollen and the part of my palm just below the thumb was the size of an orange.

Some of his throws were so off I am almost certain that his elbow played a part in it. Even with a cortisone shot he's still got a gimpy elbow being banged around in an area of the body that's loaded with bundles of nerves shallowly run close to the dermis. If pain wasn't acting up on him getting a numbing shot is going to affect his touch all the same. Everyone has had a local at the dentist's office at some point & knows how alien your lip can feel and cumbersome it can be to talk.

I only mention it because while no one is claiming Alex is some marksman, looking at some of his throws it's easy to see his mechanics were thrown off, contributing to a some really bad throws, & just another in the long list of unlucky factors for the Chiefs yesterday.

This is not always true. The swelling around the elbow could have been a bursa sac that got inflamed. Once the swelling goes down on one of those, it is usually business as usual.