PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Lets Talk Jets

O.city
09-18-2016, 09:43 PM
Tough loss today. Gonna have to improve, going forward.

On to the Jets.

Tough tough DL, secondary is a bit iffy. On offense, great WR's, good RB, hot and cold QB.

Charles expected to be back this week. Need to get back to Arrowhead and get a win.

Discuss.

DaneMcCloud
09-18-2016, 09:44 PM
Brandon Marshall with a sprained MCL. Questionable.

oaklandhater
09-18-2016, 09:45 PM
our offense will suck unless we get a bunch of turnovers on d then every one will say we are godlike again meh....

O.city

I didn't see that. He came back and played Thursday, that would be a big loss.

kcpasco
Hopefully LDT and Ehinger are back.

SAUTO
09-18-2016, 09:46 PM
10 pounds of rape

Hammock Parties
09-18-2016, 09:46 PM
If the starting guards are back we might have a puncher's chance.

If not....might be the worst offensive game of the year.

oaklandhater
09-18-2016, 09:47 PM
http://nypost.com/2016/09/18/the-intangible-jets-already-have-shown-that-marks-real-contender/

they looked amazing if they play like they did vs buff its gonna get ugly

Candiru
09-18-2016, 09:48 PM
Bad matchup for Zombo since these are NFL players

NJChiefsFan
Putting pressure on fitz, safeties helping the corners, and containing the jets d line. Unfortunately those are things that have been an issue this year.

Jerok
Let's just say I have the Jets D in my fantasy league and am going to be playing them.

MMXcalibur
If the defense plays like it did in Week 1, we'll be giving up a lot of points.
If the defense plays like it did in Week 2, we'll be able to keep them to around 20-24.

Either way, we're not scoring a lot of points.

...I'm not getting a whole lot of good vibes out of this game and with a trip to Pittsburgh coming up in Week 4, we can't afford to drop a second game.

oaklandhater
09-18-2016, 09:49 PM
Jets also look amazing on run D so its gonna be in Alex's hands on offense so yea......

LoneWolf
09-18-2016, 09:49 PM
If the starting guards are back we might have a puncher's chance.

If not....might be the worst offensive game of the year.

Texans D is > than the Jets D

DaneMcCloud
09-18-2016, 09:52 PM

Anal fissures>>>>Claynus

TLO
09-18-2016, 09:57 PM

Absolutely. We will beat the Jets.

oaklandhater
09-18-2016, 09:58 PM
Absolutely. We will beat the Jets.

based on what ???

DaneMcCloud
09-18-2016, 09:59 PM
Hopefully LDT and Ehinger are back.

Realistic expectations are Ehinger only

09-18-2016, 10:01 PM
Fitzpatrick was awful against the Bengals. It depends which Fitzpatrick shows up. And the secondary was awful the first two games. I don't see Andy Reid calling deep throws like the bengals and the bills did, which would be advantageous to the Jets.

LoneWolf
09-18-2016, 10:01 PM
based on what ???

KC lost to a better team than the Jets today by 7 points on the road when they played their worst game in over a year. Next Sunday against the Jets, KC should win at home as long as they don't beat themselves like they did today.

oaklandhater
09-18-2016, 10:02 PM
KC lost to a better team than the Jets today by 7 points on the road when they played their worst game in over a year. Next Sunday against the Jets, KC should win at home as long as they don't beat themselves like they did today.

KC is a strong Run team jets have a strong run D and fitzpatrick has a history of owning the chiefs....

DaneMcCloud
09-18-2016, 10:05 PM

The only way they lose is if they're flat.

If that happens, people will start pointing fingers and shit might implode.

Three years in a row with shitty starts is a major cause for concern.

kcpasco
09-18-2016, 10:07 PM
The only way they lose is if they're flat.

If that happens, people will start pointing fingers and shit might implode.

Three years in a row with shitty starts is a major cause for concern.

It's an Andy Reid thing.

jjchieffan
09-18-2016, 10:23 PM
Chiefs win 24-16. Alex and JMac make up for this week and connect for 124 yards and a touchdown. Kelce adds another 72 yards on 4 catches. Charles doesn't get a lot of touches. 30 yards on 6 carries and adds 2 catches for 26 yards. Conley catches 3 for 45 yards. Ware has 72 yards on the ground and another 66 receiving, including a 48 yarder for a touchdown. Hill gets one target and takes it to the house for the 3rd TD. Catch is good for 45 yards, 23 after the catch. Alex puts up nearly 400 yards of offense and 2 TD's. Hill wins my bet for me and Claynus weeps.

Hammock Parties
09-18-2016, 10:25 PM
Chiefs win 24-16. Alex and JMac make up for this week and connect for 124 yards and a touchdown. Kelce adds another 72 yards on 4 catches. Charles doesn't get a lot of touches. 30 yards on 6 carries and adds 2 catches for 26 yards. Conley catches 3 for 45 yards. Ware has 72 yards on the ground and another 66 receiving, including a 48 yarder for a touchdown. Hill gets one target and takes it to the house for the 3rd TD. Catch is good for 45 yards, 23 after the catch. Alex puts up nearly 400 yards of offense and 2 TD's. Hill wins my bet for me and Claynus weeps.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I8mC0fOHO3c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New World Order
09-18-2016, 10:47 PM
This is a 50/50 toss up.

One thing is for sure this is a must win; we are at Pitt the following week.

Buehler445
09-18-2016, 10:49 PM
D Is right. Fitzpatrick looked fucking great against the Bills who have a decent secondary. Hopefully Peters gets in his head. Couple early gambles could pay off.

Hopefully our guards are back. I wish Andy would bootleg. I think an early PA bootleg looking for Maclin on a double move would be effective and get in their heads some. At least make them respect it.

LOL. Looked like an ACL. Then they said it was a finger (WTF?) now we are back to knee. Looked bad on screen. I would still be on the turf trying to find the other half of my leg.

Dude is getting old but he's still fucking good. I mentioned in the game thread that I'm glad he isn't a donk anymore.

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2016, 10:59 PM
Two evenly matched teams. Edge goes to Arrowhead. Chiefs win by 3.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-18-2016, 11:00 PM
Here's Fitzzy's career stats vrs Chiefs

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzRy00/gamelog/?opp_id=kan

4 wins 2 losses
9 TD 4 int

Hammock Parties
09-18-2016, 11:58 PM
They know.

Alex smith doesnt throw the ball more then 10 yards down the field. Suffocate the running game and force smith to complete deep passes.

Alex Smith is an easier target for our demolition derby guys than TT was. And you saw what happened to Andy Dalton. I think they will put a beating on him.

Offense

- They weren't explosive at all and didn't/couldn't stretch the field. They ran
a very compressed offense within 15-20 yards of the line of scrimmage

- Their main weapons were Kelce & Maclin

- Supposedly they were missing a couple of OLinemen and Smith was harrassed all day

- Usually Smith is very accurate, but not today. In addition HOU really limited his
ability to scramble

Defense

- Peters & Berry are their most dynamic defenders. Peters kept them in the game with
two INT's

- Their front 7 was very pedestrian. Sutton runs a Ryan type of 3-4, their DLine is
stout against the run. But without Houston there wasn't anything threatening coming
off the edge. Hali is a shell of himself

On O, I think we match up well against them, especially without Houston. They aren't the same team they were last year. Assuming they are all healthy, our 3 headed monster at WR is tough to scheme against. Fitz should be able to read where they are rolling coverage at the LOS and exploit the 1v1.

Only time will tell but Alex Smith and that Chiefs offense doesn't scare me whatsoever. Alex Smith was the definition of mediocre against Houston's defense while being sacked 4 times along with 2 fumbles.

If our defensive line pins their ears back and focuses on collapsing the pocket; Smith could end up being sacked 5+ times and in serious trouble with Wilkerson, McLendon, Williams & Richardson coming after him all day.

And good luck to Jamaal Charles returning against this Jets defensive front. They're a dominant group of players and chances are (like Bernard & McCoy) he'll be a non factor. You aren't running on these guys up front and with Darron Lee our coverage ability against HB's out of the backfield has been greatly improved.

The Chiefs do have a good defense and Arrowhead Stadium or not but I don't feel Kansas City's offense can keep up with our offense of the Jets.

It feels weird saying that. But it's true. If Fitzpatrick, Marshall, Decker, Enunwa & Forte show up the Chiefs offense wouldn't stand a chance in terms of keeping up.

New World Order
09-19-2016, 01:28 AM
Haha

That guy acts like they have the offense of the 99 Rams.

He may be more delusional than most Raider fans.

oaklandhater
09-19-2016, 01:36 AM
They know.

Obvious to every one but the Chiefs front office.....

Nickhead
09-19-2016, 02:20 AM
charles better have a lead blocker, or be a slot receiver.

Hammock Parties
09-19-2016, 03:34 AM
Fitzpatrick slinging that rock like he just don't care. Down the field, jack. I think he's turned into a latter-day Trent Green. OL looks really good here, too.

<iframe width="800" height="450" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yAL5uyzI6GA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nickhead
09-19-2016, 03:38 AM
Fitzpatrick slinging that rock like he just don't care. Down the field, jack. I think he's turned into a latter-day Trent Green. OL looks really good here, too.

<iframe width="800" height="450" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yAL5uyzI6GA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8 & 8 vs 8 & 8

vs

11 & 5 vs 10 & 6

mcaj22
09-19-2016, 06:32 AM
Jets aren't that good. If the Chiefs lose it's because they beat themselves, again.

The Chiefs players that are paid the big bucks need to step up and play like they are paid, it's that simple. When you have a WR and TE making almost 20 million, you need more than 50 and 30 yards from them. When you have a QB making 17 million, you need more than 200 yards. When you have a safety making 11 million, he needs to do more than be invisible all game.

Someone needs to step up and take over the game.

TEX
09-19-2016, 06:35 AM
KC needs a pass rush in the worst way for this one or Fitz will light them up. Dude is very good when u give him time. I can easily see the Jets winning this game.

Best22
09-19-2016, 06:37 AM
KC is a strong Run team jets have a strong run D and fitzpatrick has a history of owning the chiefs....

Just like Alex has a history of owning the Texans?

Red Dawg
09-19-2016, 06:46 AM
This team will have to play way above their talent level to beat the Jets. They won't beat Pitt period. 1-3 heading into Faider land would my guess.

TEX
09-19-2016, 06:48 AM
Jets aren't that good. If the Chiefs lose it's because they beat themselves, again.

The Chiefs players that are paid the big bucks need to step up and play like they are paid, it's that simple. When you have a WR and TE making almost 20 million, you need more than 50 and 30 yards from them. When you have a QB making 17 million, you need more than 200 yards. When you have a safety making 11 million, he needs to do more than be invisible all game.

Someone needs to step up and take over the game.

The Jets are a good team and thus far this season, have looked better than KC. Your take above describes a team not playing well.

mcaj22
09-19-2016, 07:05 AM
The Jets are a good team aandthus far this season, have looked better than KC. Your take above describes a team not playing well.

And on paper, we should have the better team. But we don't

Chiefs don't have anybody stepping up. Jets have some 3rd WR named Quincy Whatever that looks better than any WR currently on the Chiefs. That's clearly an Andy Reid problem. He's got to get this team to play like they should.

Greg Salas and Marquis Goodwin ate the Jets alive last Thursday. WHO ARE THOSE GUYS, ARE THEY EVEN NFL PLAYERS? There's no reason Maclin can't have 200 yards receiving against them. Or maybe Chris Conely can actually step up like he's been hyped to.

Lzen
09-19-2016, 07:35 AM
our offense will suck unless we get a bunch of turnovers on d then every one will say we are godlike again meh....

I don't expect the offense to play that terrible again. Everyone on offense played badly and that is highly unusual. It would also help if we can get our starting guards back in the lineup.

Lzen
09-19-2016, 07:37 AM
And on paper, we should have the better team. But we don't

Chiefs don't have anybody stepping up. Jets have some 3rd WR named Quincy Whatever that looks better than any WR currently on the Chiefs. That's clearly an Andy Reid problem. He's got to get this team to play like they should.

Greg Salas and Marquis Goodwin ate the Jets alive last Thursday. WHO ARE THOSE GUYS, ARE THEY EVEN NFL PLAYERS? There's no reason Maclin can't have 200 yards receiving against them. Or maybe Chris Conely can actually step up like he's been hyped to.

Conley was open several times yesterday and Alex just missed him. As a matter of fact, on the pass to Ware when the Chiefs offense started moving against the Texans late in the game, Conley was wide open on the left side. Alex just didn't see him. Too bad because that would have been a sure TD.

raybec 4
09-19-2016, 08:04 AM
Conley was open several times yesterday and Alex just missed him. As a matter of fact, on the pass to Ware when the Chiefs offense started moving against the Texans late in the game, Conley was wide open on the left side. Alex just didn't see him. Too bad because that would have been a sure TD.

He also missed a wide open Ware in the end zone, right before we settled for that last field goal.

notorious
09-19-2016, 08:08 AM
If they pull their heads out of their asses, they will win.

If not, review this past week's game.

Herewego
09-19-2016, 08:11 AM
Chiefs bounce back with double-digit win. In Arrowhead. In the bag. Steelers will be tough the week after that, though. 2-2 isn't the greatest start, but it will be good enough, since the schedule improves dramatically after the bye.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-19-2016, 08:15 AM
Not sure I'd call Hali a 'shell of himself', but that's just me

TEX
09-19-2016, 08:24 AM
Chiefs bounce back with double-digit win. In Arrowhead. In the bag. Steelers will be tough the week after that, though. 2-2 isn't the greatest start, but it will be good enough, since the schedule improves dramatically after the bye.

Agreed. Going in I had them at 2-2 through 4. I had them beating SD and NYJ. Losing at HOU and PITT. So, we'll see how it goes. But the way this Chiefs team ahs looked - NOTHING is "in the bag."

pugsnotdrugs19
09-19-2016, 09:23 AM
a win over NY and Pittsburgh would put us on a great path to a bye... easier said than done obviously

bricks
09-19-2016, 09:29 AM

I like this post.

It implies how this place is fickle!

Pasta Little Brioni
09-19-2016, 09:31 AM
Hali still caused havok. Guido fucks.

Red Dawg
09-19-2016, 09:38 AM
He also missed a wide open Ware in the end zone, right before we settled for that last field goal.

He misses wide open guys because he stinks. The commentators even pointed it out both times.

He is just looking at one part of the field because he gets nervous.

The Franchise
09-19-2016, 09:40 AM
Our defense looked much better against the run....so that doesn't worry me very much with Forte. And our CBs should have an easier day with Enunwa and Decker (if Marshall is out). Both of those guys aren't blazing fast....should Gaines and Peters should be able to keep with them at all times.

Hopefully Ehinger and LDT are back because we'll need help against the Jets defensive line.

Trivers
09-19-2016, 09:47 AM
He misses wide open guys because he stinks. The commentators even pointed it out both times.

He is just looking at one part of the field because he gets nervous.

You mean the play were he escaped the sack and scrambled to the right then threw the ball at the sideline receiver while having a defender draped on him? He never had the chance to look up and see Ware become open in the right corner of end zone while trying to extend the play.

Do you even bother to watch the game sober? You may want to try it; perhaps your posts would have more credibility.

TEX
09-19-2016, 10:09 AM
You mean the play were he escaped the sack and scrambled to the right then threw the ball at the sideline receiver while having a defender draped on him? He never had the chance to look up and see Ware become open in the right corner of end zone while trying to extend the play.

Do you even bother to watch the game sober? You may want to try it; perhaps your posts would have more credibility.

No. The one where he missed a WIDE OPEN Spencer Ware in the end zone, flapping his arms like he was doing jumping jacks... He threw to the covered guy instead...It was huge miss.

TEX
09-19-2016, 10:12 AM
Our defense looked much better against the run....so that doesn't worry me very much with Forte. And our CBs should have an easier day with Enunwa and Decker (if Marshall is out). Both of those guys aren't blazing fast....should Gaines and Peters should be able to keep with them at all times.

Hopefully Ehinger and LDT are back because we'll need help against the Jets defensive line.

We need a consistent pass rush or Fitz and the Jets WR's will kill us.

CapsLockKey
09-19-2016, 10:16 AM
A history of owning the Pioli Chiefs. Everyone owned them.

Trivers
09-19-2016, 10:20 AM
No. The one where he missed a WIDE OPEN Spencer Ware in the end zone, flapping his arms like he was doing jumping jacks... He threw to the covered guy instead...It was huge miss.

Same play.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-19-2016, 10:20 AM
It amazes me how one single game, in September no less, can create such a frenzy amongst a fan base. It's not even just us, but pretty much any team. Fortunately the team and staff would not look at it this way, but still.

We played like ass offensively, sure. But is the sky really falling down? We're 1-1. We didn't lose to the Browns. We lost to a Houston team that is much better than the playoff version of themselves last season, and really we could have very easily won the damn thing in spite of our sloppy play.

Like I get that there are issues there to be fixed but I don't see the need for panic whatsoever. There's big expectations and rightfully so, but has any Super Bowl team in the modern era ever looked perfect week in and week out? The league is set up to be too competitive nowadays for that. I still expect this team to get to 4-2 after the bye one way or another and by the time Justin Houston returns, they should be ready to hit stride for the long run.

TEX
09-19-2016, 10:23 AM
Same play.

Ok - sorry. My mistake.

Chiefshrink
09-19-2016, 10:31 AM
Fitz loves playing in Arrowhead and has performed well in the past few years. With Marshall and Decker our 2ndary better be ready:rolleyes:

ModSocks
09-19-2016, 10:36 AM
Yay, another set of receivers to abuse our corners.

Hammock Parties
09-19-2016, 04:45 PM
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, and as noted during Sunday’s Football Night in America on NBC, Marshall emerged from the incident with an MCL injury. While the team believes Marshall will be ready to go next week, it’s not a lock that he’ll be ready to go when the team faces the Chiefs in Kansas City.

Chief Pagan
09-19-2016, 04:51 PM
If they pull their heads out of their asses, they will win.

If not, review this past week's game.

You under estimate this team. They have far more ways to 'eff up and lose than the abomination that was on display last week.

:harumph:

dannybcaitlyn
09-19-2016, 05:31 PM
Fitz always gives us problems. Really don't like this match up, especially if Smith has another shitty game.

Mr. Laz
09-19-2016, 05:42 PM
Same fucking game as the Houston Texans.

Can our secondary handle their receivers?
Can our Oline handle their Dline?
Will our BRILLIANT(sarcasm) coordinators be a positive or negative influence on the game?
Will we show this time or shit ourselves again?

Titty Meat
09-19-2016, 06:54 PM
I'm still not confident about this and think we're going to start this season 1-3. The offense has looked like a bigger question mark than the defense.

Chief Northman
09-19-2016, 08:09 PM
Same string of shit-talk posters preaching doom and gloom as usual.
Two weeks in. Must be time to wear black and fly banners again.

jjchieffan
09-19-2016, 08:38 PM
I have a banner idea. SOCP: Ban Clay....MU his minions

Titty Meat
09-19-2016, 09:01 PM
Same string of shit-talk posters preaching doom and gloom as usual.
Two weeks in. Must be time to wear black and fly banners again.

I forgot we can't have honest football discussions on here. Has the offense not looked like dog shit for 7 quarters?

O.city
09-19-2016, 09:04 PM
Apparently maclin had a close friend pass away, as he just posted about it on social media. I'm guessing that's where the personal day last week was from and how he was a little out of it sunday

OctoberFart
09-19-2016, 09:06 PM
They are going to buttfuck you guys.

BlackOp
09-19-2016, 09:07 PM
I forgot we can't have honest football discussions on here. Has the offense not looked like dog shit for 7 quarters?
Losing 3 fumbles, dropping passes and penalties are correctable...KC looked like shit because they were out of sync on all fronts. It happens but wont be the norm....SB winning Patriots lost 41-14 in their 4th game.

Chiefs have a history of starting slow...for whatever reason. Texans game will not be the story of 2016. They'll have Charles and Houston before long...

Titty Meat
09-19-2016, 09:56 PM
Losing 3 fumbles, dropping passes and penalties are correctable...KC looked like shit because they were out of sync on all fronts. It happens but wont be the norm....SB winning Patriots lost 41-14 in their 4th game.

Chiefs have a history of starting slow...for whatever reason. Texans game will not be the story of 2016. They'll have Charles and Houston before long...

I never claimed the Chiefs were done. I think 1-3 is a real possibility said that during pre season too. They can make up for it by beating up teams in their division.

Titty Meat
09-19-2016, 09:56 PM
They are going to butt**** you guys.

Didn't you guys lose to the Falcons?

R Clark
09-19-2016, 10:21 PM
They are going to butt**** you guys.

We aren't the raiders not into butthole abuse.just cause you like it in the ass doesn't mean every one does

New World Order
09-19-2016, 10:25 PM
Same ****ing game as the Houston Texans.

Can our secondary handle their receivers?
Can our Oline handle their Dline?
Will our BRILLIANT(sarcasm) coordinators be a positive or negative influence on the game?
Will we show this time or shit ourselves again?

Good points.

DaneMcCloud
09-19-2016, 10:41 PM
Same fucking game as the Houston Texans.

Bullshit.

For one, it's at home. That's yuge.

Two, does anyone really expect Morse to snap the ball over Smith's head again, resulting in a turnover and a score? Does anyone expect Maclin to be flat, Ware to fumble for the second time ever since high school or Harris not to protect the ball better?

Ehinger will be back so most likely, Fulton will slide over to the RG position, so the protection should be better.

Gaines, Nelson and March will have one more week's experience and Berry will have had another week to knock the rust off.

Marshall has an MCL and their tight ends are garbage.

This isn't the "same game" at all.

Hammock Parties
09-19-2016, 10:44 PM

Far more difficult game. The Jets are better than the Texans with more experienced players.

The Chiefs have a fighting chance only because it's at home.

Psyko Tek
09-19-2016, 11:16 PM

really?
we beat Sandy Eggo
because their coaches went prevent, and Andy went no huddle
we didn't beat the chargers the let us win

pugsnotdrugs19
09-19-2016, 11:18 PM
really?
we beat Sandy Eggo

Let me guess you think that because the Chiefs came back it means the Chargers had to have went with a prevent defense?....

Lol.

LoneWolf
09-19-2016, 11:27 PM
really?
we beat Sandy Eggo

I didn't mention the San Diego game at all in my post so I'm not sure what you are rambling on about. If you think the Chargers went into a prevent defense in the third quarter, then I'm not sure you are smart enough to talk about the upcoming game.

BlackOp
09-19-2016, 11:41 PM
Didnt SD just have the Jags down 35-0? KC just had a bad day..it happens.

Do people really expect them to look like this every week? They played like total shit and STILL barely lost on the road... against a division winner last year with a shiny, new $70 million QB.

Relax...

I think this early trend of QBs "picking" on Peters is over.....2 (almost 3) INTs. OCs are going to scale back...he sent notice.

MMXcalibur
09-19-2016, 11:58 PM
They are going to buttfuck you guys.

Just lost to the Falcons at home, but still won't shut the fuck up.

SeeingRed
09-20-2016, 06:59 AM
Jets with 10 days rest will be tough. Bad match up. Too many weapons on offense and and punishing defensive front.

TEX
09-20-2016, 07:02 AM
Jets with 10 days rest will be tough. Bad match up. Too many weapons on offense and and punishing defensive front.

Yep. Especially with no consistent pass rush, Fitz will pick us apart. He's only "Bad Fitz" when pressured. This one could get ugly.

In58men
09-20-2016, 07:21 AM
Weather looks like shit.

PutQuinnIn
09-20-2016, 08:56 AM
25% chance thunderstorms on Sunday.

Does this affect Charles return if the field is slick?

Discuss Thrower
09-20-2016, 08:58 AM
Jets probably win and it will look like it was a close one on the board but not on the field.

Ming the Merciless
09-20-2016, 09:03 AM
Line opened at chiefs being a 4 point favorite.

Looks like it slid a point or two and has comeback to settle at the chiefs being a 3 point favorite still.

I wouldn't touch this game with any real money, I don't think.....

Red Dawg
09-20-2016, 09:51 AM
I now this much. The Jets are rough riders that play hard and have a mentally tough coach and mind set. They have play makers that will kick our ass if we don't match their intensity.

KC must get better on offense in a big damn hurry or they will wipe us off the planet. Then Pitt will wipe us off the planet and we will be 1-3 and that is horrible in year 4 of this coaching staff and GM.

This a must win game for confidence and needed to go 2-2 and have a shot in the division. If we lose this sucker then we have big problem.

CupidStunt
09-20-2016, 11:09 AM
Over/under on Smith fetal position sacks? Gotta be at least 6. That front is going to fucking sodomize our pathetic protection and QB.

But that might not be the ugliest part of the game. Our embarrassment of a front seven is going to get clowned which will allow a shitty QB like Fitzpatrick to ensure the secondary is raped for the 3rd straight week.

O.city
09-20-2016, 11:20 AM
Lotta optimism in here atleast.

New World Order
09-20-2016, 11:21 AM
I now this much. The Jets are rough riders that play hard and have a mentally tough coach and mind set. They have play makers that will kick our ass if we don't match their intensity.

KC must get better on offense in a big damn hurry or they will wipe us off the planet. Then Pitt will wipe us off the planet and we will be 1-3 and that is horrible in year 4 of this coaching staff and GM.

This a must win game for confidence and needed to go 2-2 and have a shot in the division. If we lose this sucker then we have big problem.

KC won't recover if we go 1-3.

You can talk about last year all you want but we're not running into Johnny Manziel, Jimmy Clausen and Landry Jones this year.

O.city
09-20-2016, 11:22 AM
The schedule weakens quite a bit after the bye, but they need to win this week. Can't dig yourself a hole like that again.

CupidStunt
09-20-2016, 11:30 AM

You can talk about last year all you want but we're not running into Johnny Manziel, Jimmy Clausen and Landry Jones this year.

Exactly. This is the saddest, truly the saddest possible way to realize how this season is gonna go:

After this week, the Chiefs don't face a QB who's worse than Smith until November 27th. And that team? Oh yeah, they have an all-time great defense who will fucking destroy Smith to a degree we'll be lucky to score 10 points. ROFL

Mr. Laz
09-20-2016, 12:18 PM
Bullshit.

For one, it's at home. That's yuge.

Two, does anyone really expect Morse to snap the ball over Smith's head again, resulting in a turnover and a score? Does anyone expect Maclin to be flat, Ware to fumble for the second time ever since high school or Harris not to protect the ball better?

Ehinger will be back so most likely, Fulton will slide over to the RG position, so the protection should be better.

Gaines, Nelson and March will have one more week's experience and Berry will have had another week to knock the rust off.

Marshall has an MCL and their tight ends are garbage.

You are such a stupid fucking shit

The stuff you mentioned have NOTHING to do with anything i said

There are lots of variables to every game but the keys to the game are almost exactly like they were for the Texans game.

Jets have good WRs
Jets have a good Dline
Our offensive and defensive playcalling is always an issue
We didn't have our minds right against the Texans and need to against the Jets

Same keys as the Texans game ... same fucking keys

I never said what would happen, i said the the keys are same. Can your brain comprehend the situation?

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2016, 12:40 PM
You are such a stupid fucking shit

And you're the whiniest fucking CUNT in Chiefsplanet history.

You're a fucking broken record "Fuck Sutton!", "The Chiefs FUCKED UP Houston!" and on and on and on.

Every fucking thread.

Fuck off and die, you worthless cunt rag. Choke on Claythan's panties.

staylor26
09-20-2016, 12:42 PM
And you're the whiniest ****ing **** in Chiefsplanet history.

You're a ****ing broken record "**** Sutton!", "The Chiefs ****ED UP Houston!" and on and on and on.

Every ****ing thread.

**** off and die, you worthless **** rag. Choke on Claythan's panties.

:clap:

Hammock Parties
09-20-2016, 12:48 PM
Choke on Claythan's panties.

They're edible.

Red Dawg
09-20-2016, 12:51 PM

All true and exactly what I'm saying. This is a must win game if there is any hope of a div title. We should have gone 3-1 this month and now there's pretty much no hope of that with a short week trip to Pitt looming.

If it wasn't for a miracle come back we would be 0-2. This team is in real trouble if the offense doesn't wake the hell up this week.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-20-2016, 01:09 PM
Offensively, I would think the gameplan has to be to get the quick game rolling early. Slants, outs, hitch routes. Bowles is notorious for blitzing and they are obviously stacked up front, so that needs to be slowed down early with your passing game and screens. I would expect Jamaal to play, and hopefully he will be able to make some things happen in the run game with Ware on their own, cause it's going to be tough to open up big lanes this week. The Jets secondary is very much in question and needs to be attacked.

Defensively, will Marshall play? Idk, but regardless the key is going to be stopping the run early to force Fitzpatrick to make big throws. We need better push from Howard, Bailey and Poe in the middle. Hali either needs to play more or Nicolas needs to take snaps from Zombo.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-20-2016, 01:18 PM
In watching the Jets game from last week, their OL really struggled with Buffalo's front. A lot of New York's offense came on chuck and duck throws that their receivers made plays on.

If our front shows up Sunday, they should be able to have success against them for sure.

Dark Horse
I must have slept through almost all of Fitzpatricks stellar HOF career. I guess I've got to get Sunday ticket and see what all this buzz is about.

jjchieffan
I would just be happy to see the offense start using the 3 TE set. It's their best formation. It would have helped so much at Houston, yet Most of the game, Kelce was the only TE on the field. I don't think they even ran that formation once did they?

Palko 4 ever
09-20-2016, 01:27 PM
I would just be happy to see the offense start using the 3 TE set. It's their best formation. It would have helped so much at Houston, yet Most of the game, Kelce was the only TE on the field. I don't think they even ran that formation once did they?

This

pugsnotdrugs19
09-20-2016, 01:34 PM
Also in watching over the NYJ-BUF game, I think the Jets front is being a little bit overblown right now. I'm guilty of this too.

So talented, but man it looks like they take their share of plays off. On several pass plays Tyrod has all the time in the world to throw. I mean ALL day. Really, I guess you could say they look a lot like us right now up front. Pretty stout in the middle, but not a lot coming off the edge. Their pass rush is completely dependent on their interior beasts on making stuff happen, and they didn't against Buffalo. They stop the run well but aren't consistently getting a pass rush and they are undisciplined in their rush lanes. This could very well be a week we see Alex run for 60 or so yards.

I like our odds A LOT better just going off what I've seen. If the Chiefs show up from snap 1, it's a double digit win.

RunKC
09-20-2016, 01:35 PM
its up to Andy. Don't call shit plays and get your players ready from the beginning.

He needs to be preaching to the team all week that we need to start the game off strong.

Hydrae
09-20-2016, 01:45 PM

I was at the game and am not the most knowledgeable guy out there but I did notice a 3 TE set at least once early in the game. Wasn't really watching for it though.

I will also note that Kelce seemed like his back hurt or something. He walked gingerly every time I saw him going on or off the field in the second half.

jjchieffan
09-20-2016, 01:56 PM
I was at the game and am not the most knowledgeable guy out there but I did notice a 3 TE set at least once early in the game. Wasn't really watching for it though.

I will also note that Kelce seemed like his back hurt or something. He walked gingerly every time I saw him going on or off the field in the second half.

I posted the snap counts in the WTD happened thread. Out of 72 offensive snaps, Kelce had 55, Harris had 19, and Ross had 6. So the maximum number of times that we could have ran it was the 6 times that Ross was out there. That is just crazy. We have all seen how effective that formation is. Yet it obviously wasn't even part of the game plan. I just don't get it. Are they trying to save it back and then surprise the Broncos with it when we play them? Use it for crying out loud. It works!

Mr. Laz
09-20-2016, 01:59 PM
And you're the whiniest fucking CUNT in Chiefsplanet history.

You're a fucking broken record "Fuck Sutton!", "The Chiefs FUCKED UP Houston!" and on and on and on.

Every fucking thread.

Fuck off and die, you worthless cunt rag. Choke on Claythan's panties.and once again has nothing to do with the fact that when it comes to football i was correct and you were just a bleeding vag.

Mr. Laz
09-20-2016, 02:01 PM
Oh look, all the whiny little homers banding together because they don't like reality and can't understand the basics of football.

no surprise

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2016, 02:05 PM
Oh look, all the whiny little homers banding together because they don't like reality and can't understand the basics of football.

no surprise

Dr. Fucking Defensive Coordinator Laz

No one understands NFL defenses and ACL surgery, repair and rehab like you.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2016, 02:08 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> release WR Seantavius Jones and sign OL Daniel Munyer to the practice squad.</p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/778320257068834816">September 20, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2016, 02:09 PM
Looks to me as if Ehinger will be ready to go at LG, with Fulton at RG.

If something happened to Morse, either Fulton would slide over or be replaced with Munyer at some point.

Yet, 4 tight ends.

Dinny Bossa Nova
09-20-2016, 02:10 PM

no surprise

FWEEEEET!!!!!

PERSONAL FOUL ; GIVIN' staylor THE BUSINESS ESS ESS

15 YARDS & SINCERELY APOLOGIZE TO DANE ANE ANE

AUTOMATIC FIRST DOWN!!!!

Dinny

09-20-2016, 02:28 PM
Jets don't stand a chance, because of Arrowhead and Dane. They're a bad/terrible overrated team.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2016, 02:30 PM
Jets don't stand a chance, because of Arrowhead and Dane

LMAO

staylor26
09-20-2016, 02:36 PM

no surprise

The irony of YOU telling me that I don't understand the basics of football. The same guy that said movie Berry to LB and had us keeping 4 WR's at one point (Plus Jamaal Charles our future slot WR!!).

:rolleyes:

You wanna know what "not liking reality" is? Thinking you know more than the HC, GM, Doctors, and DC of a team that's had 3 consecutive winning seasons, and continuing to bitch about them and feel as though you've been right all along, and they've been doing it ALL wrong. You don't have a ****ing clue dude, and you're completely delusional. Top 5 biggest idiot on this forum.

The Franchise
09-20-2016, 02:43 PM
I like our odds A LOT better just going off what I've seen. If the Chiefs show up from snap 1, it's a double digit win.

They've shown so far in two games that they won't.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2016, 02:48 PM
They've shown so far in two games that they won't.

Well, we now know that Maclin was clearly depressed (the article is in the Star) and most likely, Reid won't see the field again. That's 2 out of 11 players that should perform better on Sunday.

The other stuff a like False Starts, bad snaps and fumble fingers can be fixed. Who knows, maybe Maclin's situation took the air out of the offense?

But if they play like they did against San Diego for 45 minutes and against the Texans, there are bigger problems afoot, mainly, the coaching staff not motivating its players.

Mr. Laz
09-20-2016, 02:59 PM
Dr. Fucking Defensive Coordinator Laz

No one understands NFL defenses and ACL surgery, repair and rehab like you.

LMAO
and again, not a single rationale football post to be found

Just Dane losing his fucking mind again.

Same thing happen awhile back before you blew a casket.

What was again that sent you into hibernation?

something about you liking high school girls or something? :hmmm:

Mr. Laz
09-20-2016, 03:01 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> release WR Seantavius Jones and sign OL Daniel Munyer to the practice squad.</p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/778320257068834816">September 20, 2016</a></blockquote>

O.city
09-20-2016, 03:03 PM
I'm less worried about the defense now though. The young corners look better than I expected and the run d was much better against the Texans.

The problem is the damn offense. It was supposed to be better, but it's been meh.

New World Order
09-20-2016, 03:39 PM
I'm less worried about the defense now though. The young corners look better than I expected and the run d was much better against the Texans.

The problem is the damn offense. It was supposed to be better, but it's been meh.

Tamba Hali only playing a half bothers me.

O.city
09-20-2016, 03:42 PM
Tamba Hali only playing a half bothers me.

It sucks, but I'm tired of getting to December and January with banged up pass rushers. So, if this allows them to all be healthy then, fine.

If they had a healthy Houston, it would be a much smaller issue IMO, but it's the cards they've been dealt.

09-20-2016, 03:45 PM
FYI Steve McClendon has been a beast in his first two games as a Jet. The d line has been dominant and just got Richardson back last Thursday. The Chiefs will have to be unpredictable on offense. If they try pounding the running game it's gonna be a long day. Alex smith is going to have to win this game.

The Franchise
09-20-2016, 03:46 PM
Zombo is the bigger issue.

O.city
09-20-2016, 03:48 PM
Yeah, the Jets DL is what we wish the Chiefs DL was.

NJChiefsFan
09-20-2016, 07:21 PM
Same thing happen awhile back before you blew a casket.

https://juicemakesugar.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/kanecasketfire.gif?w=474

New World Order
09-20-2016, 07:23 PM
THE CASKET IS ON FIRE THE CASKET'S ON FIRE

Hammock Parties
09-20-2016, 07:37 PM
FYI Steve McClendon has been a beast in his first two games as a Jet. The d line has been dominant and just got Richardson back last Thursday. The Chiefs will have to be unpredictable on offense. If they try pounding the running game it's gonna be a long day. Alex smith is going to have to win this game.

Alex Smith without a running game. LMAO

Oh, this'll be a hoot!

http://sensesofcinema.com/wp-content/uploads/images/09/51/ferris-buellers-day-off/ferris-bueller-6.jpg

The last 3 years, when we rush for less than 75 yards Alex is...0-5! ROFL

New World Order
09-20-2016, 07:39 PM
Alex is going to put the team on his back just like Greg Jennings

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1P0yfq2wDvU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jjchieffan
09-20-2016, 07:44 PM
I'm pretty sure that stat is pretty consistent across the league. If you can't get at least 75 yards on the ground you lose way more than you win. Even if you're Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady

pugsnotdrugs19
09-20-2016, 07:54 PM
The Jets DL is nice but again, just take the time to watch last week's Buffalo game over. I did today and honestly came away feeling way better about the matchup.

Wilkerson, Williams and Richardson are hardly ever all on the field at once. They do a nice job against the run but Tyrod Taylor had time to read the entire field of pass options on a large number of dropbacks.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2016, 07:56 PM
The last 3 years, when we rush for less than 75 yards Alex is...0-5! ROFL

You're 0-34

BlackOp
09-20-2016, 09:06 PM
Little factoid I found interesting....KC has allowed 9 2nd half points. Jets have allowed 31...

Why do people claim Sutton cant make adjustments?

If the Chiefs offense would quit dicking around in the first half....these games would'nt be close.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2016, 07:13 AM
I'm pretty sure that stat is pretty consistent across the league. If you can't get at least 75 yards on the ground you lose way more than you win. Even if you're Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady

Aaron Rodgers: 2-5
Tom Brady: 9-5
Philip Rivers: 2-13
Tony Romo: 4-6
Matt Stafford: 6-10
Matt Ryan: 4-12
Andy Dalton: 2-6
Eli Manning: 3-10
Kirk Cousins: 2-7

Looks like several quarterbacks can win more than once a year in this situation. Alex is just a fucking loser. No excuse for being 0-5.

jjchieffan
09-21-2016, 07:27 AM
Looks to me like everyone but Brady loses way more than they win without a running game, which is what I said(except for Brady). Thanks for proving my point.

TEX
09-21-2016, 07:48 AM
Little factoid I found interesting....KC has allowed 9 2nd half points. Jets have allowed 31...

Why do people claim Sutton cant make adjustments?

If the Chiefs offense would quit dicking around in the first half....these games would'nt be close.

Yep. We all knew that going into the season, that without a consistent pass rush combined with a few inexperienced DB's in the Secondary, that the defense would take a step backwards - especially early on.

It was also easy to believe that the offence should pick up the slack being that this is year 4, more talent at skilled positions, upgrades to the OL, etc...We were spot on about the defense, but way off with the offense. Except for one qtr and OT period, the offense has been a huge disappointment.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2016, 08:05 AM
Looks to me like everyone but Brady loses way more than they win without a running game, which is what I said(except for Brady). Thanks for proving my point.

Thanks for proving MINE: Alex is LEAGUE WORST in this statistic. Just like winning against 24+ and throwing the ball down the field.

RunKC
09-21-2016, 08:16 AM
This game reminds me a lot of the Rams game at Arrowhead in 2014. I hope we use the same gameplan.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-21-2016, 08:20 AM
This game reminds me a lot of the Rams game at Arrowhead in 2014. I hope we use the same gameplan.

You're right as far as their defense goes, but we are facing a much better offense this week and we don't have Justin Houston to take over the game.

CupidStunt
09-21-2016, 08:30 AM
The Jets DL is nice but again, just take the time to watch last week's Buffalo game over. I did today and honestly came away feeling way better about the matchup.

Wilkerson, Williams and Richardson are hardly ever all on the field at once. They do a nice job against the run but Tyrod Taylor had time to read the entire field of pass options on a large number of dropbacks.

You focus a lot on the Jets specifically; what you're missing is that the Browns would be a tough matchup for the Chiefs right now. Shit, they'd struggle with the Crimson Tide.

Even if Smith has time, which I strongly doubt due to inept OL play and the NFL's worst internal clock, he doesn't survey the field and carve up chunk plays like Taylor did. Do you think the Chiefs are throwing an 85-yard TD pass any time this decade? ROFL

pugsnotdrugs19
09-21-2016, 08:32 AM
You focus a lot on the Jets specifically; what you're missing is that the Browns would be a tough matchup for the Chiefs right now. Shit, they'd struggle with the Crimson Tide.

Even if Smith has time, which I strongly doubt due to inept OL play and the NFL's worst internal clock, he doesn't survey the field and carve up chunk plays like Taylor did. Do you think the Chiefs are throwing an 85-yard TD pass any time this decade? ROFL

With Tyreek Hill, I wouldn't be surprised a bit.

But luckily you don't need 85 yard TDs to win a football game.

jjchieffan
09-21-2016, 08:49 AM
Thanks for proving MINE: Alex is LEAGUE WORST in this statistic. Just like winning against 24+ and throwing the ball down the field.

He's still won more games than just about every quarterback in the league the last 3 years. I'll take that statistic any day of the week. I couldn't care leass if he's lost 5 games when the team has ran for less than 75 yards. So has every quarterback on the list. So what if the others have managed to pull out a couple of wins in that situation. Those wins are clearly an anomaly. He is our quarterback. That is the choice made by our coach and GM. All the hating that you do is not going to change that. You can act like a 6 year old and continue to pout about it until he's gone, or you can enjoy watching him and this team win 10 games a year average and win in the playoffs. I choose to enjoy the wins. And just so you know. I also want to develop a quarterback. I wanted Geno Smith, Johnny Manziel and Jimmy Clausen. I'm glad that I didn't get what I wanted there. I wanted Derek Carr. I also wanted Paxton Lunch this year and was upset when Dungver jumped in front of us and got him. I REALLY hope that I was wrong again there. But the fact of the matter is, that Alex Smith is our quarterback. Nothing that you or Dagnabit, or me, or any of us can do about it. Besides, we could do worse. Alex Smith is not a bad quarterback. No, he's not ever going to be Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. But those guys are rare. So I'm going to watch the Chiefs win with Alex Smith at quarterback. I'm going to enjoy watching them play, and you're going to whine and cry like a 6 year old because you didn't get your way.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2016, 08:52 AM
I couldn't care leass if he's lost 5 games when the team has ran for less than 75 yards. So has every quarterback on the list. So what if the others have managed to pull out a couple of wins in that situation. Those wins are clearly an anomaly.

And "those wins" could be the difference between going 9-7 and making the playoffs, which is exactly what happened to this team in 2014 and will probably happen this year.

jjchieffan
09-21-2016, 08:52 AM
With Tyreek Hill, I wouldn't be surprised a bit.

But luckily you don't need 85 yard TDs to win a football game.

Thanks for quoting that moron. Stupid posts like this are why I have him on ignore. He probably really believes what he's saying. That the Chiefs would struggle with Alabama and Cleveland. What a moron. ROFL

jjchieffan
09-21-2016, 09:03 AM
And "those wins" could be the difference between going 9-7 and making the playoffs, which is exactly what happened to this team in 2014 and will probably happen this year.

Well, IF we miss the playoffs this year(not likely), then you can say I told you so. But I doubt that you get that opportunity. It's also not likely that the team rushes for less than 75 yards in a game anyway. That 0-5 number. Is that since he was a Chief or for his career? I'm assuming as a Chief. Either way, the Chiefs are a strong running team and a sub 75 yard game is such an anomaly, that I really have no concerns over how Smith does when we have one of those rare games. Bad games happen. Last week was one of those games.

Dave Lane
09-21-2016, 09:06 AM
In watching the Jets game from last week, their OL really struggled with Buffalo's front. A lot of New York's offense came on chuck and duck throws that their receivers made plays on.

If our front shows up Sunday, they should be able to have success against them for sure.

This is a easy victory. We laid a huge egg against a crap Texan team. Jets will not be so lucky. They are total crap.

TEX
09-21-2016, 09:24 AM
Thanks for quoting that moron. Stupid posts like this are why I have him on ignore. He probably really believes what he's saying. That the Chiefs would struggle with Alabama and Cleveland. What a moron. ROFL

Gotta disagree with him on his Bama take. That was kinda dumb. But the Chiefs DID struggle with Cleveland at home last season. :shrug: Course that was last season...

Red Dawg
09-21-2016, 09:32 AM
Smith's history is that he doesn't throw td passes. End of story. In today's NFL that is not good enough. We have seen him do everything he is capable of and it's not good enough. There is a lot I like about Smith, he's smart, takes responsibility for the offense, can run well and has made numerous plays with his legs when needed and doesn't turn the ball over much.

With all that being said he still just hasn't put enough points on the board to even win the division yet. We would have lost last season to Buff, Browns SD, Balt and the Raiders if not for the defense bailing us out. He is easier to defend than most other QB's because he is not a down field shot taker most of the time. Even at the 15 yard line he's hesitant to throw it towards the end zone.

Just saying he limits this teams success going forward because of points.

staylor26
09-21-2016, 09:35 AM
Gotta disagree with him on his Bama take. That was kinda dumb. But the Chiefs DID struggle with Cleveland at home last season. :shrug: Course that was last season...

The Broncos struggled with Cleveland last year too.

It's the NFL.

TEX
09-21-2016, 09:46 AM
The Broncos struggled with Cleveland last year too.

It's the NFL.

Not at home they didn't.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2016, 09:49 AM
Not at home they didn't.

The Broncos beat the Browns in OT, 26-23, in Cleveland.

Meatloaf
09-21-2016, 09:53 AM
Smith's history is that he doesn't throw td passes. End of story. In today's NFL that is not good enough. We have seen him do everything he is capable of and it's not good enough. There is a lot I like about Smith, he's smart, takes responsibility for the offense, can run well and has made numerous plays with his legs when needed and doesn't turn the ball over much.

With all that being said he still just hasn't put enough points on the board to even win the division yet. We would have lost last season to Buff, Browns SD, Balt and the Raiders if not for the defense bailing us out. He is easier to defend than most other QB's because he is not a down field shot taker most of the time. Even at the 15 yard line he's hesitant to throw it towards the end zone.

Just saying he limits this teams success going forward because of points.

I agree with much of what you said, however, I don't think we can pin all of our offensive woes on Smith. To me, our WR corps looks weak. Not sure if it's worst in the league, but it's close. Also, again this year our offensive line struggles to remain healthy -- missing BOTH guards in game #2 does not engender good OL continuity.

Then we also have Andy Reid's game plan"......which for the life of me I couldn't figure out. That poor effort also leads to offensive woe.

Nope, as poorly as Alex has played, he isn't alone in inducing poor offensive performance. Bottom line is that we need a whole lot of offensive performers to step up their games....Big Time.

jjchieffan
09-21-2016, 09:59 AM
I agree with much of what you said, however, I don't think we can pin all of our offensive woes on Smith. To me, our WR corps looks weak. Not sure if it's worst in the league, but it's close. Also, again this year our offensive line struggles to remain healthy -- missing BOTH guards in game #2 does not engender good OL continuity.

Then we also have Andy Reid's game plan"......which for the life of me I couldn't figure out. That poor effort also leads to offensive woe.

Nope, as poorly as Alex has played, he isn't alone in inducing poor offensive performance. Bottom line is that we need a whole lot of offensive performers to step up their games....Big Time.

This

Red Dawg
09-21-2016, 10:48 AM

I'm not saying it's all on Smith and I'm not talking just about the just Houston game, Andy's plan was all over the place and several players were crap. I am talking about him as a QB in general. We certainly don't have the greatest WR's but too many times he's so conservative you can't win with him on a regular basis. In year 4 he should be able to sling it better than he has in this offense. Maclin, Connely, Wilson (who I hate) Kelce know the offense and where to be. One good quarter from him in two games is not good going forward.

Every year we same the same thing it seems with him and every year we can't score worth a shit. We have to get TD's this season or next year we should replace him. Probably won't happen but it should. He is who he is and nothing has changed for the better.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-21-2016, 10:50 AM
LDT is practicing today

DaneMcCloud
I think Andy's biggest issue is scripting. He sticks with his script for far too long, even if it's not working.

Once he's realized it's a failure and starts getting into the game itself, the offense generally improves.

DaneMcCloud
LDT is practicing today

Well that's awesome. I guess it was a minor high ankle sprain or misdiagnosed.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-21-2016, 10:52 AM
Hali (rest), Barrington, Ehinger, and Reid not practicing

jjchieffan
09-21-2016, 10:55 AM
Ehinger still not practicing? I thought that I read somewhere that he was better and expected to play Sunday? Also, what happened to Reid?

staylor26
09-21-2016, 10:59 AM
Wow. Great news about LDT.

SeeingRed
09-21-2016, 11:07 AM
how much will Charles be used?

Sandy Vagina
09-21-2016, 11:11 AM
This

This, yes. Plus.. so long as the KC rushing TDs are top 10 like they have been since Smith arrived three yrs ago.. I don't give a shit who is scoring them.

O.city
09-21-2016, 11:13 AM
So apparently Charles is ready to play, but they're being careful with him. This situation getting weird to anyone else?

Hammock Parties
09-21-2016, 11:14 AM
So the rain...gonna be really wet. I'm actually thinking that favors KC. Neutralize some of the Jets advantage with playmakers. Thoughts?

O.city
09-21-2016, 11:16 AM
So the rain...gonna be really wet. I'm actually thinking that favors KC. Neutralize some of the Jets advantage with playmakers. Thoughts?

Nah, it's gonna go the other way. If it's that wet, we're gonna have to run the ball more against taht DL.

Doesn't sound like an ideal situation.

RunKC
09-21-2016, 11:16 AM
So apparently Charles is ready to play, but they're being careful with him. This situation getting weird to anyone else?

Why? Snap count is best for guys coming back from these injuries. We want to make sure he's 100% 2 months from now with no lingering injuries.

We also want him to be 100% effective. Splitting carries with Ware and lining up as a receiver is far better than giving him 20+ carries every game

O.city
09-21-2016, 11:17 AM
Why? Snap count is best for guys coming back from these injuries. We want to make sure he's 100% 2 months from now with no lingering injuries.

We also want him to be 100% effective. Splitting carries with Ware and lining up as a receiver is far better than giving him 20+ carries every game

He's been practicing and was taken off the PUP like a month and a half ago, yet he's still not ready?

I don't understand why they didn't PUP him from the beginning.

Meatloaf
Ehinger still not practicing? I thought that I read somewhere that he was better and expected to play Sunday? Also, what happened to Reid?

As I recall, Andy said Reid had both ankle and knee issues. Neither sounded horrible, but apparently bad enough to skip practice.

Rausch

It hurts our pass rush.

Our only hope is a solid pass rush and turnovers.

Perineum Ripper
09-21-2016, 11:18 AM
He's been practicing and was taken off the PUP like a month and a half ago, yet he's still not ready?

I don't understand why they didn't PUP him from the beginning.

I think they should hold off one more game..coming back from a knee injury on a wet slick field doesn't seem like the best way to start up

New World Order
09-21-2016, 11:18 AM

Yes. It almost feels like they don't want him on the field.

Meatloaf
09-21-2016, 11:19 AM
Sounded to me lik Andy was leaning towards giving Charles another week off. And, with our other RBs playing well, I don't see this as a big issue.

O.city
09-21-2016, 11:20 AM
Ware is averaging about 150 TYPG. I'm all about getting Charles back, but Ware and West have been really good.

They could have PUP'ed him, let him have 6 more weeks, then brought him back without taking up a roster spot. I'm guessing they thought he'd be back by now though, so it doesn't really matter.

Rausch
09-21-2016, 11:20 AM
Yes. It almost feels like they don't want him on the field.

I'd prefer to hold him out.

All our division games are late in the year.

Get healthy and make a run...

Rausch
09-21-2016, 11:21 AM
Ware is averaging about 150 TYPG. I'm all about getting Charles back, but Ware and West have been really good.

They could have PUP'ed him, let him have 6 more weeks, then brought him back without taking up a roster spot. I'm guessing they thought he'd be back by now though, so it doesn't really matter.

Reid refuses to use Ware as he should be.

He can do it all.

On 3rd/4th and short don't get cute. Don't use motion. Just put in the FB and let Ware beast out the 1st down...

O.city
09-21-2016, 11:21 AM

People keep talking about this and while true, I'm not sure I agree with it.

Games early are just as important and they don't need to dig a hole again like last year. I'm all about playing well going in to the playoffs, but you've gotta win to get there.

If they limp in at 3-4 or worse thru the first couple months, they're in big trouble.

Discuss Thrower
09-21-2016, 11:22 AM

Make a run for what? Shittier draft position?

Meatloaf
09-21-2016, 11:23 AM
Also, if it's gonna be wet weather wise, I'd consider sitting Wilson and activating DAT. Quick guys on a wet turf can wreck havoc.

Rausch
09-21-2016, 11:25 AM
People keep talking about this and while true, I'm not sure I agree with it.

Games early are just as important and they don't need to dig a hole again like last year. I'm all about playing well going in to the playoffs, but you've gotta win to get there.

If they limp in at 3-4 or worse thru the first couple months, they're in big trouble.

If we don't make the playoffs the HB position won't be to blame...

Rausch
09-21-2016, 11:26 AM

If completely healthy this team has the second most talent in the AFC.

I'd argue only the Bengals have more.

Winning this division will absolutely depend on the last 8 games...

O.city
09-21-2016, 11:27 AM
If we don't make the playoffs the HB position won't be to blame...

No, but with the offense shitting off the wheels, they could use all the help they can get. Charles could help.

Rausch
09-21-2016, 11:30 AM
No, but with the offense shitting off the wheels, they could use all the help they can get. Charles could help.

Reid refuses on settling on an identity on offense.

That's on him.

We have the talent. Even DV knew when to abandon an ideal for the talent he had on hand.

It's time for Reid to do the same...

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2016, 11:30 AM

He told Andy on Sunday that he was not ready to play.

I don't find it weird, at all. He's 29 years old, had surgery 11 months ago and still isn't trusting his knee.

I hope he can take a few snaps against the Steelers but if he can't, oh well.

staylor26
09-21-2016, 11:32 AM

You're such a fucking moron it is unbelievable. One road loss to a playoff team and our season is over?

You and the rest of Clays minions are even worse, and somehow more stupid, than he is.

Rausch
09-21-2016, 11:33 AM

I don't find it weird, at all. He's 29 years old, had surgery 11 months ago and still isn't trusting his knee.

Better to hold him out until he's 100%.

Even if Charles was 100% I'd prefer a 50% Charles/25% Ware/25% West usage...

O.city
09-21-2016, 11:34 AM

It just seems if they're gonna be this careful with him, they could have saved taht roster spot for month.

penbrook
09-21-2016, 11:39 AM
Per Ed Werder

@TylerGreenSB @PFF Have been told it will be RB by committee even when Charles returns

Rausch
It just seems if they're gonna be this careful with him, they could have saved taht roster spot for month.

For whom?...

Rausch
Per Ed Werder

@TylerGreenSB @PFF Have been told it will be RB by committee even when Charles returns

If true, good...

staylor26
09-21-2016, 11:41 AM
Per Ed Werder

As it should be.

We should use Charles/Ware the same way Cincy uses Hill/Bernard.

Rausch
09-21-2016, 11:44 AM
As it should be.

We should use Charles/Ware the same way Cincy uses Hill/Bernard.

O.city
09-21-2016, 11:47 AM
They need to use all of them someway.

staylor26
09-21-2016, 11:51 AM
They need to use all of them someway.

Yea, I should've mentioned some West sprinkled in.

R Clark
09-21-2016, 11:53 AM
I think Andy's biggest issue is scripting. He sticks with his script for far too long, even if it's not working.

Once he's realized it's a failure and starts getting into the game itself, the offense generally improves.

I believe this is right on.id also run the wheels off ware , lot of talent that's not being used as it should.I think I seen that he only had six Carries last week and that's not enough .He did fumble once big deal, he normally does t put it on th e ground

O.city
09-21-2016, 11:54 AM
I know it's week 3, but this is getting pretty close to being a must win game. Tough latch up in pitt next week, going into the bye 1-3 is no bueno.

Rausch
09-21-2016, 12:01 PM
I believe this is right on.id also run the wheels off ware , lot of talent that's not being used as it should.I think I seen that he only had six Carries last week and that's not enough .He did fumble once big deal, he normally does t put it on th e ground

Reid is a great HC.

He's a HORRIBLE OC...

Red Dawg
09-21-2016, 12:04 PM
I know it's week 3, but this is getting pretty close to being a must win game. Tough latch up in pitt next week, going into the bye 1-3 is no bueno.

This is a must win game.

Rausch
09-21-2016, 12:07 PM
This is a must win game.

Proven by last year's 5 game losing streak...

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2016, 12:11 PM
Reid is a great HC.

He's a HORRIBLE OC...

He's not a horrible Offensive Coordinator, he's just not a great play caller.

Rausch
09-21-2016, 12:15 PM
He's not a horrible Offensive Coordinator, he's just not a great play caller.

He's horrible in every aspect.

If "his people" are calling the plays it makes it even worse.

There is a complete disconnect from what does or doesn't work on the field and the play calling...

09-21-2016, 12:17 PM
This is a easy victory. We laid a huge egg against a crap Texan team. Jets will not be so lucky. They are total crap.

Total crap the Jets are.

09-21-2016, 12:18 PM
He's horrible in every aspect.

If "his people" are calling the plays it makes it even worse.

There is a complete disconnect from what does or doesn't work on the field and the play calling...

He can't manage a game as a coordinator or a head coach. He should have done what he did against SD in the New England playoff game, but he didn't. Maybe he's learning from his mistakes? Finally?

Rausch
09-21-2016, 12:24 PM
Maybe he's learning from his mistakes? Finally?

No, clearly not...

Red Dawg
09-21-2016, 12:44 PM

This is not last years schedule nor team. You think we will run off ten straight then your insane. We need this win to go 2-2 because we are not winning in Pitt.

Rausch
09-21-2016, 12:51 PM
This is not last years schedule nor team. You think we will run off ten straight then your insane. We need this win to go 2-2 because we are not winning in Pitt.

We both have a better team then last year and will be getting more healthy instead of less.

We should be stronger late this year than we were last year and more experienced.

Fuck yeah I expect more...

TEX
09-21-2016, 12:54 PM

But how many times has KC, or any team for that matter, turned it around like last year? That was far from the norm for any team. I wouldn't say this is a "must win" for the season, but lose this one, then it's off to Pittsburgh, where 1-3 is staring you right in the face. So, looking at that, this is a "must win" to not be on the path to 1-3 and sliding...

09-21-2016, 12:58 PM
No, clearly not...

Yeah, he's got balls like raisins.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2016, 01:30 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WRs Brandon Marshall (knee) &amp; Eric Decker (shoulder) didn&#39;t practice today. Bowles unsure if they will 2morrow. Could be game-time decisions</p>&mdash; Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/778676067322048512">September 21, 2016</a></blockquote>

staylor26
09-21-2016, 01:39 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WRs Brandon Marshall (knee) &amp; Eric Decker (shoulder) didn&#39;t practice today. Bowles unsure if they will 2morrow. Could be game-time decisions</p>&mdash; Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/778676067322048512">September 21, 2016</a></blockquote>

I'd be willing to bet they both play, but even one being out would be huge.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-21-2016, 01:48 PM
They won't be close to 100% either way

NJChiefsFan
09-21-2016, 03:16 PM
will be getting more healthy instead of less.

You assume.

Deberg_1990
09-21-2016, 03:51 PM
J....E....T.....S.......

Jets!! Jets!!! Jets!!!

pugsnotdrugs19
09-21-2016, 04:33 PM
FWIW, the vast majority of 'experts' on ESPN, CBS, and other football networks are picking us to win. 65% at the moment to be exact.

The outside perspective seems to see things a little brighter for us than some on here.

Sandy Vagina
09-21-2016, 05:21 PM
On 3rd/4th and short don't get cute. Don't use motion. Just put in the FB and let Ware beast out the 1st down...

So agree with this.. and have wanted it for 3 and counting yrs now, regardless of the RB.

The Chiefs have a top 5 FB in the League, and still insist on utilizing him for 10? snaps a game?

and why? so we can have an average TE2 or WR3 like Albert Wilson on the field? :shake:

Sandy Vagina
09-21-2016, 05:21 PM
J....E....T.....S.......

Jets!! Jets!!! Jets!!!

is that you, Clay or SDH?

scho63
09-21-2016, 07:32 PM
Berry didn't practice with swollen knee today and Charles looks like he is out again. Weather may be a factor for Jamaal still out.

Meatloaf
09-21-2016, 07:57 PM
I'm tiring of this injury business. Just keep Charles out until after the bye week. There, done. Next problem?

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2016, 08:09 PM
I'm tiring of this injury business. Just keep Charles out until after the bye week. There, done. Next problem?

NFL players are never injured.

It's just the Chiefs way.

lewdog
09-21-2016, 08:12 PM
Maybe the rain will help remind Andy to get Ware more touches?

CapsLockKey
09-21-2016, 08:19 PM
Interesting fact, Andy Reid and Alex Smith in their careers have never lost a game to the Jets.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2016, 08:22 PM
Interesting fact Andy Reid and Alex Smith in their careers have never lost a game to the Jets.

Andy Reid was 6-0 versus the Texans.

Before last Sunday.

New World Order
09-21-2016, 08:22 PM
So agree with this.. and have wanted it for 3 and counting yrs now, regardless of the RB.

The Chiefs have a top 5 FB in the League, and still insist on utilizing him for 10? snaps a game?

and why? so we can have an average TE2 or WR3 like Albert Wilson on the field? :shake:

That's because of our high scoring, vertical passing offense.

CapsLockKey
09-21-2016, 08:31 PM
Andy Reid was 6-0 versus the Texans.

Before last Sunday.
Good point, but the Chiefs beat themselves more than anything. If the Chiefs continue to turn the ball over and start half their drives 1st and 20 like they did last week they will most likely lose. Clean that shit up and they should be fine.

LondonChief
08-23-2017, 06:57 AM
Hi guys,

I'm flying over from the UK to attend our away game against the jets in New York on 12/03/17.

I had a few questions and wondered if anyone could assist. This is my first 'away' NFL match and being a big football (sorry, soccer) fan, I know the US go about these games differently.

1. I know that home and away fans sit together at NFL games, however, is there a way I can book tickets through the Chiefs to ensure I sit with some Chiefs fans? I've looked on the usual Ticketmaster, seat wave etc. and I have found some great end zone seats available but would prefer to sit and chat with some Chiefs.

2. Has anyone been to MetLife as an away fan? Am I ok to wear colours? I wouldn't dream of wearing colours to an away game in the UK, but believe the culture is different in the US? Obviously I would be respectful to those home fans around me as well as accepting I am going to be a target for some 'banter' from Jets fans.

3. Is the game at risk of being moved? In the UK, they have a habit of moving games purely for TV coverage at the last minute. Thankfully being a supporter of a average League 1 side, I'm not effected by this!

It is currently scheduled for 1pm E.T on 12/03/17. I fly out on 12/01/17 so if the game is moved to the Thursday, I'm screwed.

Really appreciate your help in advance.

Chiefnj2
08-23-2017, 07:13 AM
Hi guys,

I'm flying over from the UK to attend our away game against the jets in New York on 12/03/17.

I had a few questions and wondered if anyone could assist. This is my first 'away' NFL match and being a big football (sorry, soccer) fan, I know the US go about these games differently.

1. I know that home and away fans sit together at NFL games, however, is there a way I can book tickets through the Chiefs to ensure I sit with some Chiefs fans? I've looked on the usual Ticketmaster, seat wave etc. and I have found some great end zone seats available but would prefer to sit and chat with some Chiefs.

2. Has anyone been to MetLife as an away fan? Am I ok to wear colours? I wouldn't dream of wearing colours to an away game in the UK, but believe the culture is different in the US? Obviously I would be respectful to those home fans around me as well as accepting I am going to be a target for some 'banter' from Jets fans.

3. Is the game at risk of being moved? In the UK, they have a habit of moving games purely for TV coverage at the last minute. Thankfully being a supporter of a average League 1 side, I'm not effected by this!

It is currently scheduled for 1pm E.T on 12/03/17. I fly out on 12/01/17 so if the game is moved to the Thursday, I'm screwed.

The Jets look like they will be one of the worst teams in the league this year. By December there should be tons of seats available.

In general at Jet games you can wear opposing team colors, but be respectful. By December their spirits should be completely broken and they will be having Christmas wishes for a QB in round one.

They won't move the game.

If I go to the game I will pm you and maybe we can get a group to meet up.

prhom
08-23-2017, 07:14 AM
Hi guys,

1. I've never heard of choosing who you sit with in terms of fans. Maybe some places do it, but not that I've seen.

2. You should be fine wearing Chiefs gear at a Jets game. If you aren't an asshole you shouldn't find yourself in any danger of getting in a fight. It's much easier to get in trouble at Broncos or Raiders games. Even then you really have to encourage things to get in a fight.

3. You never know, but I'd be surprised if the game was flexed to a primetime game. We have 6 prime time games already this year. Getting flexed to a 7th would be pretty crazy. Also, the Jets look to be really bad this year and usually the games that get flexed are ones where both teams are relevant or something in on the line like a division lead or HFA. As far as I know they can also only change the game to later that day and make it a night game. I don't think flex rules allow them to change a game from Sunday to Thursday.

Have fun!

LondonChief
08-23-2017, 07:32 AM
Thank you both Chiefnj2 & prhom! Really appreciated.

Looking forward to my first ever Chiefs game!

Amnorix
08-23-2017, 07:40 AM
3. You never know, but I'd be surprised if the game was flexed to a primetime game. We have 6 prime time games already this year. Getting flexed to a 7th would be pretty crazy. Also, the Jets look to be really bad this year and usually the games that get flexed are ones where both teams are relevant or something in on the line like a division lead or HFA. As far as I know they can also only change the game to later that day and make it a night game. I don't think flex rules allow them to change a game from Sunday to Thursday.

Have fun!

Correct, game can't move DAYS absent some crazy weather or some other extraordinary event. Only thing that can be flexed is the time of the game.

And given that the Jets are unquestionably going to suck, there is approximately a 0.000000000000000001% chance of that game being flexed to a different start time.

Amnorix
08-23-2017, 07:41 AM
Thank you both Chiefnj2 & prhom! Really appreciated.

Looking forward to my first ever Chiefs game!

Heard good things about the stadium. I assume you know it's "across the river" in New Jersey, not in New York City itself. Not a big deal to get there, I'm sure, though I haven't done it myself. Have fun!

NJChiefsFan
08-23-2017, 10:32 AM
Hi guys,

Heard good things about the stadium. I assume you know it's "across the river" in New Jersey, not in New York City itself. Not a big deal to get there, I'm sure, though I haven't done it myself. Have fun!

I've been to the Meadowlands complex hundreds of times for Devil games and football games. The Meadowlands is a pretty easy place to access with a car. Will be traffic getting in on gameday but not too bad.

As for colors, you will be fine. Been to about 5 Jets games and 4 Giants games. Jets fans are far worse than Giants fans with giving away teams crap but they are even worse at giving their own team crap.

A lot of Jets fans want them to lose at this point to get a QB anyway. Trust me they will be too busy yelling at their own team come December to care at all about the Chiefs fans. I have gotten a lot of grief from Jets fans in the past but if you only cheer on your team and aren't obnoxious you will be fine.

If you wait I would imagine you will get tickets for less than $40 easy. That's my plan. Get the Giants tickets now and the Jets tickets in November.

BlackOp
08-23-2017, 11:18 AM
I'm just impressed a thread about the Jets has 16 pages...

Halfcan
08-23-2017, 01:05 PM
I'm just impressed a thread about the Jets has 16 pages...

Joe Namath predicted that it would. :)

ptlyon
08-23-2017, 01:08 PM
Fuck the jets.

Sorry if Q.