PDA

View Full Version : Football Tonight - Texans @ Patriots

Pages : [1] 2

Mile High Mania
09-22-2016, 11:26 AM
OK, so the Pats are 2-0 and now down to their 3rd QB. Can they pull off the victory? Does Houston really go to 3-0?

I have no idea what to make of this game. And, I have to think that some of the issues at QB and the early matchups are the reason why ratings are down.

I'm pretty sure we want NE to lose, we don't need them undefeated when Brady returns - as if it really matters for them in that division.

In58men
09-22-2016, 11:37 AM
I heard Gronk should be playing tonight. I have a feeling Blount is going to have a day.

Easy 6
09-22-2016, 11:40 AM
Both of these teams can get bent, I'm going fishing tonight

ptlyon
09-22-2016, 11:49 AM
Both of these teams can get bent, I'm going fishing tonight

To soon?

BleedingRed
09-22-2016, 11:52 AM
Texans by 14

DaFace
09-22-2016, 11:58 AM
I think the Texans will take it, but if not, my perception of Belichick will definitely improve even more. I've always been a "What's Belichick without Brady?" guy, but you can't deny that he's done just fine with shitty backup QBs too.

Easy 6
09-22-2016, 11:59 AM
To soon?

Its always too soon for the patriots, and the texans need to just fade off into the farthest reaches of my mind

Amnorix
09-22-2016, 12:05 PM
I think the Texans will take it, but if not, my perception of Belichick will definitely improve even more. I've always been a "What's Belichick without Brady?" guy, but you can't deny that he's done just fine with shitty backup QBs too.

Every great coach, without fail, has had great talent, and more often than not, at the QB position. Do you downgrade Shula because he had Unitas, Griese, Csonka, Marino? Walsh because he had Montana? Paul Brown because he had Jim Brown and Otto Graham?

I think Belichick winning four Super Bowls, and going to six, with an ENTIRELY different team around Brady, is enough to prove his greatness. Sure, Brady is great, but is he really FIVE more SB appearances than Marino great, when Marino had Shula? TWO MORE SB WINS greater than Peyton?

It doesn't take away from Brady's greatness to recognize Belichick is great. It also doesn't take away from Belichick's greatness to recognize Brady is great.

Amnorix
09-22-2016, 12:06 PM
Hard to see the Patriots winning this, to be honest. How they do much on offense with a third string, rookie, QB, and presumably without Gronk (I doubt he plays tonight, myself) is a real issue.

Red Dawg
09-22-2016, 12:25 PM
Every great coach, without fail, has had great talent, and more often than not, at the QB position. Do you downgrade Shula because he had Unitas, Griese, Csonka, Marino? Walsh because he had Montana? Paul Brown because he had Jim Brown and Otto Graham?

I think Belichick winning four Super Bowls, and going to six, with an ENTIRELY different team around Brady, is enough to prove his greatness. Sure, Brady is great, but is he really FIVE more SB appearances than Marino great, when Marino had Shula? TWO MORE SB WINS greater than Peyton?

It doesn't take away from Brady's greatness to recognize Belichick is great. It also doesn't take away from Belichick's greatness to recognize Brady is great.

I think I speak for us all when I say to you "SHUT THE FUCK UP" Go slob on
Bill and Gay boy on another board.

Red Dawg
09-22-2016, 12:30 PM

Don't kid yourself. They would have a loss right now except the kick was missed. Brady is more important than Bill. McDaniels is more important than Bill. Go look at the Bill's record with the Browns. 36-44.

Don't give me the Matt argument either. He made the playoffs with us as well with the easy schedule he had there and here.

scho63
09-22-2016, 12:39 PM

That miserable insufferable prick always finds a way to win with his teams. He is Lombardi like and I hate his guts but he is a winner under ever circumstance. :cuss:

jjchieffan
09-22-2016, 12:43 PM
Texans win easy. You saw what they did to the juggernaut Chiefs offense last week. The Patriots don't have a chance. LMAO

Quesadilla Joe
09-22-2016, 01:17 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Supposed to be a counter play - huge hole, too - but Clowney blows up *both* pullers <a href="https://t.co/sauD9jP2uH">https://t.co/sauD9jP2uH</a></p>&mdash; Chris B. Brown (@smartfootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/smartfootball/status/779028881353371648">September 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Amnorix
09-22-2016, 01:23 PM
I think I speak for us all when I say to you "SHUT THE FUCK UP" Go slob on
Bill and Gay boy on another board.

Thank you for sharing your opinion with me. I truly care deeply about what you think and your thoughts on all matters, including my participation on this board.

Easy 6
09-22-2016, 01:24 PM
That miserable insufferable prick always finds a way to win with his teams. He is Lombardi like and I hate his guts but he is a winner under ever circumstance. :cuss:

Yeah, gotta give the devil his due... winning on the road against the vaunted Cardinals, without Brady or Gronk was impressive, and further proved that teams success definitely isnt all about Brady

Kman34
09-22-2016, 01:30 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Supposed to be a counter play - huge hole, too - but Clowney blows up *both* pullers <a href="https://t.co/sauD9jP2uH">https://t.co/sauD9jP2uH</a></p>&mdash; Chris B. Brown (@smartfootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/smartfootball/status/779028881353371648">September 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's more of a piss poor effort on Reid than Clowny making a play

Amnorix
09-22-2016, 01:31 PM
Don't kid yourself. They would have a loss right now except the kick was missed. Brady is more important than Bill. McDaniels is more important than Bill. Go look at the Bill's record with the Browns. 36-44.

Don't give me the Matt argument either. He made the playoffs with us as well with the easy schedule he had there and here.

You are truly a genious. With a win tonight, Belichick will tie Curly Lambeau with the fourth-most wins in NFL coaching history. Meanwhile, EVERY Poll over the last ten or so years ranks Belichick #1 in terms of NFL head coach rankings -- even a poll of NFL head coaches and GMs.

Just a few examples:

ESPN's Mike Sando surveyed eight current general managers, four former GMs, four personnel directors, four executives, six coordinators and four position coaches for the ranking. Sando asked them to rate every coach on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being the best.

According to the survey, the best coach in the NFL is a former Browns coach, Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots. Belichick had a 1.07 average. Voters cited his three championships and 11 consecutive seasons with double-digit victories.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/08/cleveland_browns_mike_pettine_10.html

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2015/02/nj_sports_now_why_bill_belichick_is_the_greatest_coach_in_nfl_history.html

1) Bill Belichick, New England Patriots
This should come as no surprise, given what Belichick has accomplished in his 16 years with the Patriots. What is most daunting, at least in terms of other coaches trying to match Belichick's legacy: New England's remarkable accomplishment of making 10 conference title games in the past 15 years. Only Tom Landry has equaled that kind of run. No other head coach has led his team to six Super Bowl appearances -- or five, for that matter, if we're condensing this to coaches who've been active in the past two decades. That's impressive.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000671714

1. Bill Belichick
Career Record: 223-113 (.664)
With The Patriots Since: 2000
Last Year’s Ranking: 1

The greatest coach of all time isn’t just riding on his reputation in the top spot. Bill Belichick, who is 187-69 (.730) over 16 years in New England, has won at least 12 games each of the past six seasons. To put that in perspective, Bill Parcells oversaw four 12-win campaigns. Bill Walsh, three. The Cleveland Browns have one 12-win season since joining the NFL in 1950. Belichick’s run of success isn’t just historic, it’s completely without peer or precedent.

The Patriots couldn’t defend their title in 2015, but nevertheless came within three points of the Super Bowl despite having one of the league’s worst offensive lines and running games. Their 2014 defensive MVP, Darrelle Revis, was playing for a divisional rival (who missed the playoffs). The central “argument” against Belichick — besides his “Controversies” section on Wikipedia — has always been that he’s a product of Tom Brady. Any reasonable observer can probably discern that 187-69 wasn’t built on the back of one player, but even unreasonable ones have to admit: Belichick was given the best player of his generation and knew what to do with him. Belichick is alone at the top, and will remain there for however long he continues coaching.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/60776/57/nfls-best-coaches-2016

Buehler445
09-22-2016, 04:41 PM
Hard to see the Patriots winning this, to be honest. How they do much on offense with a third string, rookie, QB, and presumably without Gronk (I doubt he plays tonight, myself) is a real issue.

Belichick beats the bejesus out of his former assistants. You're fine.

He's going to have Asswiler pissing backwards by half time.

Buehler445
09-22-2016, 04:42 PM

Besides that, the Chiefs would have won without the fumbles with fuckall for a pass rush and no Jamaal

Coochie liquor
09-22-2016, 04:45 PM
I'm pulling for New England only because Texans just beat us so we've already lost the head to head. We gotta finish with a better record than them if it comes down to playoff birth now. We don't play NE this year and let's face it, they're probably the team to beat in the AFC. And they're surely gonna win their division so if it comes down to wild card we need Houston to lose.

Red Dawg
09-22-2016, 04:47 PM
The media give Bill a pass on spy gate but other fans don't. Its bullshit that his cheating is celebrated but in other sports a coach would be hammered forever. He acts like an asshole to the media and gets pass on that as well. Anyone else gets blasted. Media are a bunch dumb shits and hypocrites like NE fans.

kccrow
09-22-2016, 05:00 PM
If Gronk plays, which it looks like he will, those multiple TE sets are going to be used frequently by NE to negate that pass rush and help the running game. Brissett is good enough to throw all the underneath routes the Patriots run and hand the ball off. I think it'll be a good, close game, but the Texans still have to travel across the country and beat NE in their house. I have NE 24-20.

KCCHIEFS27
09-22-2016, 05:08 PM
Vegas is LOVING that gronkowski is playing tonight. They needed more money on the Pats. Otherwise, this would have been a lopsided affair and they could have only rooted for the Pats.

Rasputin
09-22-2016, 05:13 PM

I think your user name should be changed to Asterix*

Coochie liquor
09-22-2016, 05:34 PM
I wonder what BB record is against RAC led defenses?

BWillie
09-22-2016, 05:38 PM
I'm not sure but the Texans d-line really is something else.

srvy
09-22-2016, 05:53 PM
Well another Thurs nite game and Neon Deon still has that stupid frozen on grin on his face. Its like he fell in some Joker slime and got the pepsodent smile.

As for the game who the hell knows im not sure of Asswiper but who the heck is this guy for NE. Knowing the Pats there will be some WR- TE seeking gyro inserted in the pigskin. So I guess Pats by 7 at home.

Chiefshrink
09-22-2016, 06:09 PM
Well another Thurs nite game and Neon Deon still has that stupid frozen on grin on his face. Its like he fell in some Joker slime and got the pepsodent smile.

Sanders and Irvin are just waaaay over the top obnoxious. :rolleyes:

Baby Lee
09-22-2016, 06:12 PM
I'm going Houston. And I think us Chiefs fans get a little perspective on our performance last weekend.

dannybcaitlyn
09-22-2016, 06:15 PM
Picking the Patriots. Hoody will have that team prepared no matter how many pieces are missing.

MahiMike
09-22-2016, 06:17 PM
21-17 pats.

Belichik rolls out his FB as QB and they still win.

KCCHIEFS27
09-22-2016, 06:37 PM
Looked like textbook defensive holding on that last pass play to Hogan.

the Talking Can
09-22-2016, 06:38 PM
brissett looks like he pooped his pants

DaFace
09-22-2016, 06:40 PM
I think if I'm belichick, I challenge that.

dannybcaitlyn
09-22-2016, 06:41 PM
That looks short

RunKC
09-22-2016, 06:42 PM
Texans are being pussies. You have Hopkins and Fuller. Fucking throw it

MMXcalibur
09-22-2016, 06:42 PM
A+ job by Houston to not rush up and run a play, but to instead take a timeout that will allow Belichick to scope out the obvious: Miller didn't make it.

Baby Lee
09-22-2016, 06:45 PM
I'm ready to boycott McGuyver on that tagline alone.

'Mac is back?

Go fuck yourself CBS.

MMXcalibur
09-22-2016, 06:45 PM
Holy shit, what a pussy call.

Kiimo
09-22-2016, 06:48 PM
Did they really just give Lamar Miller 8 carries in the first drive and he only managed 27 yards?

Yikes. I have three shares of Lamar Miller.

PunkinDrublic
09-22-2016, 06:48 PM
Texans are being pussies. You have Hopkins and Fuller. ****ing throw it

Except Osweilers accuracy sucks.

MMXcalibur
09-22-2016, 06:51 PM
Pass interference on an uncatchable ball?

Kman34
09-22-2016, 06:59 PM
If that was a back shoulder throw.... it's a TD to Gronk

siberian khatru
09-22-2016, 07:00 PM
NFL refereeing is just atrocious

Kman34
09-22-2016, 07:01 PM
It's a fumble

mr. tegu
09-22-2016, 07:01 PM
NFL refereeing is just atrocious
I came here just to post the same thing. It wasn't even close so you have to let that play go and not blow it dead.

dannybcaitlyn
09-22-2016, 07:02 PM
Should be fumble

New World Order
09-22-2016, 07:04 PM
What was taking so long?

Stanley Nickels
09-22-2016, 07:04 PM
I like and appreciate the replay system, but I can't understand why you can challenge a play where the outcome is dictated after the whistle-- eg, that fumble pileup occurred after at least one ref was blowing the whistle, and you can't be sure everyone was legitimately trying to get to the loose ball post-whistle.

DaFace
09-22-2016, 07:05 PM
It's kind of crazy to see the Patriots running that kind of offense.

siberian khatru
09-22-2016, 07:05 PM
Belichick could find a way to win with me at QB

the Talking Can
09-22-2016, 07:06 PM
brissett looks like he pooped his pants

mea culpa.....he did what we couldn't

penbrook
09-22-2016, 07:08 PM
Longest run by a Pats QB since 1978

Stanley Nickels
09-22-2016, 07:08 PM
Jesus, CBS.. That's making diamonds out of shit right there. A useless tweet from four years ago...

KCCHIEFS27
09-22-2016, 07:10 PM
Osweiler Sucks.

siberian khatru
09-22-2016, 07:14 PM
Some 610 guy on Twitter: So, if Brissett wins this week, the Pats will have 2 drafted QBs win in 2 weeks yet #Chiefs can't get one for 35 years????

DaFace
09-22-2016, 07:16 PM
It's just not fair that the Pats are basically good no matter what happens.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-22-2016, 07:17 PM
New England is on a whole other level.

If the Chiefs make the playoffs and go back to Foxboro, it's a wrap.

penbrook
09-22-2016, 07:19 PM

One word..... Belichick

KChiefs1
09-22-2016, 07:20 PM

Disgusting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RunKC
09-22-2016, 07:21 PM
Hoodie is the GOAT

KChiefs1
09-22-2016, 07:22 PM
76-0 when leading at halftime. Damn.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-22-2016, 07:22 PM
One word..... Belichick

I won't dispute that he's the greatest coach of all time but still, how much can he know that other NFL coaches don't? Like any team, the players have to play eventually, and it's legitimately plug and play up there in New England.

Deberg_1990
09-22-2016, 07:26 PM
Are we closer to Osweilers floor or ceiling ???

Coochie liquor
09-22-2016, 07:27 PM
I won't dispute that he's the greatest coach of all time but still, how much can he know that other NFL coaches don't? Like any team, the players have to play eventually, and it's legitimately plug and play up there in New England.

He's insanely good at putting players in a position to win. And taking away the opponents big threats offensively.

jimidollar
09-22-2016, 07:27 PM
The Chiefs lost to these jokers?

Just Passin' By
09-22-2016, 07:29 PM

This year's Patriots team is stacked, even with the missing players. If this (Brady out for 4, JAG out after 1.5) had happened in, say 2011, the outcome would likely have been different.

siberian khatru
09-22-2016, 07:29 PM
NOW they challenge it, and more commercials. JFC.

tk13
09-22-2016, 07:30 PM

How many good coaches are there really? There just aren't that many who can manage a franchise of professional athletes while having a common sense approach. Belichick makes mistakes but he's created a system where they not only play smarter than everyone else, but more importantly... everybody they bring in plays hard. You either fit in or you're out. That's probably the snowball effect of having success, but Belichick deserves credit for not screwing it up, or burning everyone out in the process.

Hammock Parties
09-22-2016, 07:32 PM
The Chiefs lost to these jokers?

The Texans look like garbage tonight. Certainly puts last week in a lesser perspective.

the Talking Can
09-22-2016, 07:33 PM
o'brian is getting his ass-weiler handed to him

Deberg_1990
09-22-2016, 07:34 PM
The Texans look like garbage tonight. Certainly puts last week in a lesser perspective.

I imagine Thursday night games are extremely rough for the road team

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-22-2016, 07:35 PM
Turnover differential. That is all.

Mr. Laz
09-22-2016, 07:35 PM

Everyone says the only reason the Patriots win is because of Brady.

I guess not.

Andy Reid couldn't outcoached Belichek's jock

RunKC
09-22-2016, 07:38 PM
The Texans look like us last Sunday. They've already made 3 big mistakes and it's not even halftime.

BucEyedPea
09-22-2016, 07:39 PM
Everyone says the only reason the Patriots win is because of Brady.

I guess not.

Andy Reid couldn't outcoached Belichek's jock

I thought Brady was just a system QB though.

KChiefs1
09-22-2016, 07:40 PM
I wish we had played this Texan team.

CupidStunt
09-22-2016, 07:41 PM
I wish we had played this Texan team.

We did. We just made them look a lot better than they are.

MahiMike
09-22-2016, 07:41 PM
Osweiler has a noodle arm.

And how did we lose to the Texans?

jspchief
09-22-2016, 07:46 PM
We did. We just made them look a lot better than they are.

Osweiler has a noodle arm.

And how did we lose to the Texans?
Makes me wonder how bad the Chiefs are capable of being.

Iowanian
09-22-2016, 07:47 PM
I thought the Texans defense would have scored twice by now. I expected an ass kicking for NE.

staylor26
09-22-2016, 07:54 PM
Lol @ people thinking this means the Texans suck.

Hoody went into Arizona and won big week 1. Do the Cardinals suck too? At least the Texans are on the road and it's a short week.

Hammock Parties
09-22-2016, 07:54 PM
It's only 10-0.

The "best WRs in the NFL" should be able to come back from this, right? LMAO

Hammock Parties
09-22-2016, 07:55 PM
Lol @ people thinking this means he Texans suck.

It's Jacoby fucking Brissett out there.

GloucesterChief
09-22-2016, 07:56 PM
I suspect that Hoodie never stopped the massive amount of cheating that he is known for.

staylor26
09-22-2016, 07:57 PM
It's Jacoby ****ing Brissett out there.

Way to ignore the second part of my post.

Do the Cardinals suck too? Answer the question. And don't give me this shit about Jimmy G vs. Brissett. Like I said, the Cardinals were at home and not on a short week. They also had film on Jimmy G.

BTW, didn't you neg rep me and tell me to stop trying to "engage you" in threads? Isn't that what you're doing right now hypocrite?

Iowanian
09-22-2016, 08:08 PM
There is still time for the Texans to turn this around and I'm sure they can score 3 time...

Ne is doing better than I expected with their 3rd QB.

jspchief
09-22-2016, 08:09 PM
The Chiefs game was just too big of a physical toll.

Dylan
09-22-2016, 08:09 PM
The game worth watching?

TIA

CupidStunt
09-22-2016, 08:10 PM
The game worth watching?

TIA

Not watching.

Answer: no

ClevelandBronco
09-22-2016, 08:11 PM
Belichick is a minor god.

jspchief
09-22-2016, 08:11 PM
The game worth watching?

TIA
No

Dylan
09-22-2016, 08:13 PM
QB has all the time in the world to throw into the endzone - and still fucks it up LOL

Dylan
09-22-2016, 08:14 PM
No

:D Thanks, jspchief ...

WTH happened to the Texans defense?

KChiefs1
The game worth watching?

TIA

I'll watch the rest to see if the Texans put up a fight.

lewdog
The game worth watching?

TIA

QB has all the time in the world to throw into the endzone - and still fucks it up LOL

A woman asks a question.

Woman is presented with an answer.

Woman does opposite because she didn't actually care about the answer to her question.

notorious
09-22-2016, 08:15 PM
NE can win with their 3rd string QB, yet the Chiefs can't score a fucking TD.

Fuck this game.

Buehler445
09-22-2016, 08:17 PM

Who told you dumb motherfuckers? Oh yeah. Me.

I wouldn't melt down too damn much. A couple things to remember:

1. Thursday night games are usually a shitfest, and that lessens the correlation to whether or not an involved team is acutally good.

2. With the Thursday night game, the schedule is fucked. Houston had to travel, and Belichicks guys are never unprepared.

3. Fuck both these teams.

Dylan
09-22-2016, 08:18 PM
Thanks guys

No lewdog - I do care. I just turned it on - I was typing my question and looked up and noticed the QB with all the time in the world to throw a TD and misses his WR... :D

I guess I'll watch - I enjoy the game threads

notorious
09-22-2016, 08:21 PM
Texans are playing kind of like the Chiefs did last week.

Chiefs were still in that game. Texans are getting elephant fisted by a 3rd string QB.

Mr. Laz
09-22-2016, 08:23 PM
aren't the Patriots missing their starting left tackle to injury as well?

notorious
09-22-2016, 08:24 PM
LMAO

Red Dawg
09-22-2016, 08:25 PM
Pats are tough up front. Just running and running. Texans are bums and this tells you how bad we fucked up.

dannybcaitlyn
09-22-2016, 08:25 PM
NE can win with their 3rd string QB, yet the Chiefs can't score a ****ing TD.

**** this game.

Lol

KChiefs1
09-22-2016, 08:26 PM
We lost to this piece of shit team? Embarrassing.

KChiefs1
Where is that Texan fan to tell us how great they are?

notorious

NE makes a lot of teams look like shit.

Rain Man
09-22-2016, 08:28 PM
I just turned on the TV. Is anyone else worried that New England is killing a team that beat us and they're apparently using a random fan from the stands at quarterback?

Red Dawg
09-22-2016, 08:29 PM
Coaches are afraid to play there. Seems like teams go there expecting to lose and make
Every good in the world. How embarrassing for the Texans. Pathetic.

Spott
09-22-2016, 08:30 PM
It will be good kick to nuts for Goodell if NE goes 4-0 while Brady gets a nice, relaxing vacation out of the deal.

staylor26
You would almost think Hoody knows the opposing coaching staff like the back of his hand and is catching them on a short week at home.

Oh yea, and it's hard to be competitive when you turn the ball over twice on returns deep in their territory.

jspchief
NE can win with their 3rd string QB, yet the Chiefs can't score a fucking TD.

Fuck this game.
Coaching

notorious
09-22-2016, 08:31 PM
I just turned on the TV. Is anyone else worried that New England is killing a team that beat us and they're apparently using a random fan from the stands at quarterback?

Not worried.

The way it looks now, the Chiefs won't have to face them.

notorious
09-22-2016, 08:32 PM
Coaching

Reid is a decent coach, but nowhere in BB's league.

The Pats might be the only team in the league that really never loses to the other team, they can only beat themselves.

NJChiefsFan
09-22-2016, 08:33 PM
And don't give me this shit about Jimmy G vs. Brissett. Like I said, the Cardinals were at home and not on a short week. They also had film on Jimmy G.

The Patriots are good. They do all the little things right and put their players in a great position to win. That being said, Jimmy G vs. Brissett absolutely is a relevant point. Film or not, he was much more prepared and Houston is playing like crap.

The NFL is crazy sometimes. You simply can't try to do math by saying "well if team A beats team B and team A then loses to team C, that team B can't beat team C." That's simply not true.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Houston playing poorly doesn't mean KC sucks. It does however underline how much Reid leaves on the field. He has some major blunders and KC really may have screwed itself by crapping themselves. This doesn't say anything definite about KC but it sure doesn't make it look better.

MMXcalibur
09-22-2016, 08:34 PM
The Chiefs should feel awful for losing to these guys last week.

staylor26
Coaching

O'Brien is a good coach. BA is a good coach. Reid is a good coach.

But Hoody is the GOAT.

TEX
Coaching

Yep. Plus consistent pass rush plus decent OL play and they are MENTAL about New England.

Kinda like us playing the Colts.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-22-2016, 08:36 PM
I think as much as anything that makes NE successful, it's the mentality and approach BB demands from players. It's like, you either come in and work your ass off and get better, or you're cut. Nothing guaranteed.

Hammock Parties
We drafted that bust Russell and forfeited a pick for tampering instead of picking Jacoby Brissett. LMAO

ClevelandBronco
Oh, yeah. The Broncos should have paid for this guy.

OldSchool
09-22-2016, 08:38 PM
Pats coaching staff is on another level.

ThaVirus
09-22-2016, 08:39 PM
Bullshit organization has a horseshoe firmly planted in its collective asshole

staylor26
09-22-2016, 08:39 PM
The Patriots are good. They do all the little things right and put their players in a great position to win. That being said, Jimmy G vs. Brissett absolutely is a relevant point. Film or not, he was much more prepared and Houston is playing like crap.

The NFL is crazy sometimes. You simply can't try to do math by saying "well if team A beats team B and team A then loses to team C, that team B can't beat team C." That's simply not true.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Houston playing poorly doesn't mean KC sucks. It does however underline how much Reid leaves on the field. He has some major blunders and KC really may have screwed itself by crapping themselves. This doesn't say anything definite about KC but it sure doesn't make it look better.

It's not relevant because the story of the game has been the two turnovers deep in the Texans territory. They could win with Edelman at QB with gifts like that. I don't care who they're playing.

Aside from that, I'll acknowledge it would be a good argument if they weren't at home and on a short week as opposed to a trip to Arizona.

Dylan
09-22-2016, 08:40 PM
come back time?

siberian khatru
09-22-2016, 08:45 PM
The Pats could win with Jacqueline Bisset at QB

Dylan
09-22-2016, 08:48 PM

I was thinking the same thing ... instead of Bisset - they can win with the kid from the stands

Texans 0 / Patriots 20

I thought it was 10 nothing ...

game over

Buehler445
09-22-2016, 08:49 PM
Reid is a decent coach, but nowhere in BB's league.

The Pats might be the only team in the league that really never loses to the other team, they can only beat themselves.

They've rolled out some fuckfests personnel wise and have been defeated before. Belichick isn't all that good of a personnel guy

I think as much as anything that makes NE successful, it's the mentality and approach BB demands from players. It's like, you either come in and work your ass off and get better, or you're cut. Nothing guaranteed.

Yeah, I remember an article about TG going to the Pro Bowl coached by Belichick. He dicked off on some play and Belichick harassed him about it, so by god he put for the effort. TG. In an exhibition.

CoMoChief
09-22-2016, 08:49 PM
Fuck the Pats. Can't believe they're going to come out of the Brady suspension leading the division, possibly being undefeated or at worst go 3-1.

AFCE is such a shitty division they're going to run away w/ it again, and win home field throughout the playoffs. God seriously fuck them. Makes me sick.

BB is a helluva coach.

Dave Lane
09-22-2016, 08:50 PM

They may only win 4-5 games this year. This is how bad Alex was on Sunday.

Rain Man
09-22-2016, 08:50 PM

Yeah, but she's not afraid to go The Deep.

(Nobody under the age of 45 is going to get that, but I still had to do it.)

staylor26
09-22-2016, 08:51 PM
Bullshit organization has a horseshoe firmly planted in its collective asshole

Miller is ALREADY hurt.

srvy
09-22-2016, 08:52 PM
I dont think NE defense is as good as Denver even with Ware out. The Chiefs D isnt as good as NE or Donky Dicks without Houston. Its going to be a steep Mountain to climb to get past these guys without Houston it just puts to much pressure on a young secondary. My fear is we are inching closer and closer to a injury settlement with Justin.

Mile High Mania
This has been a miserable game.

Red Dawg
AZ blundered the winning kick but NE defense killed Mia and now Houston. That is the story. Their defense is just way better than sorry ass teams like the last two they played. It doesn't take a genius to run the ball damn near every down and get fumble recoveries. Oz is a bum and that is the rest of the story.

Nut Fumble
09-22-2016, 08:54 PM
This has been a miserable game.

KC looked good against Houston though. So there's that...

KChiefs1
09-22-2016, 08:55 PM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160923/424dfa0ad85bb40af6825f712cf50b72.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160923/fe3e1b6138541a4f7171043b54e10161.jpg

Marcellus
09-22-2016, 08:55 PM
Brock is Cassel 2.0.

Discuss Thrower
09-22-2016, 08:58 PM
**** the Pats. Can't believe they're going to come out of the Brady suspension leading the division, possibly being undefeated or at worst go 3-1.

AFCE is such a shitty division they're going to run away w/ it again, and win home field throughout the playoffs. God seriously **** them. Makes me sick.

BB is a helluva coach.

Yup. Denver or Pitt vs New England in the AFC championship. Hooo. Ray.

hometeam
Pats D in fantasy im killin it

Nut Fumble
Brock is Cassel 2.0.

Huh?? Cassel actually won when he was with the pats...

TEX
09-22-2016, 09:01 PM
Brock is Cassel 2.0.

Against a good pass rush he sure is. KC didnt have that.

DaneMcCloud
09-22-2016, 09:02 PM
Phenomenal execution tonight by the Patriots

DaFace
09-22-2016, 09:02 PM
This game is simultaneously impressive and depressing.

OldSchool
09-22-2016, 09:03 PM
This game pisses me off.

The Pats OL is shoving the Texans' shit in. So is their defense.

CoMoChief
09-22-2016, 09:04 PM
Man...I drafted blount really late in my league. What a value pick that's been so far.

he's been the best RB I've had by far.

ClevelandBronco
09-22-2016, 09:05 PM
Um. Wow.

You guys want the division this season?

CoMoChief
09-22-2016, 09:05 PM
This game pisses me off.

The Pats OL is shoving the Texans' shit in. So is their defense.

Our running game wasn't bad...it was effective, we were just playing from behind.

And Reid LOVES to abandon the running game like it's going out of style.

Amnorix
09-22-2016, 09:06 PM

You got this waaay more right than I did!

srvy
09-22-2016, 09:06 PM
Texans getting horsewhipped behind the woodshed. Houton D looks tired it was a physical payback payback game last week and shows this short week.

Buehler445
09-22-2016, 09:07 PM
Yup. Denver or Pitt vs New England A-fucking-gain for fucks fucking sake in the AFC championship. Hooo. Ray.

FYP

This game is simultaneously impressive and depressing.

Yeah. No question. But again, the short week Thursday Night games aren't always true representations of teams.

But yeah. Parity my fucking nutsack.

notorious
09-22-2016, 09:09 PM
Texans put their entire season into last week's game and still had to get a bunch of breaks to win.

Hammock Parties
09-22-2016, 09:11 PM
Patriots Put Hellen Keller In At Quarterback, Somehow Still Manage To Win

http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/keller-500x334.jpg

First reported by ESPN’s Mike Reiss, it was announced Thursday morning that the team had signed a rather unknown QB, Hellen Keller. The 5’3″ 119-pound Keller played at the Tusumbia School for the Blind in Alabama, only lesser known because of it’s in-state rival Alabama Crimson Tide. “Nobody saw this coming,” Reiss noted. “Frankly, she didn’t either.”

Keller started for the Patriots against the Houston Texans in Foxborough on Thursday Night Football, completing 1 of her 37 pass attempts, 3 of those attempts being intercepted. Yet somehow, someway in Bill Belichick’s system in New England, the Patriots still found a way to win – their third of three with Brady suspended.

“She’s been great. Adapted real quickly to our system,” head coach Bill Belichick said. “In fact it took us longer to translate the playbook into braille than it did for her to memorize plays. Helped with all the secret film we have though.”

Buehler445
09-22-2016, 09:13 PM
Hellen Keller ROFL

notorious
09-22-2016, 09:14 PM
Bring her in for a look.....errr........

MMXcalibur
09-22-2016, 09:14 PM
Just hand the Patriots their fucking trophy already and let's move on to next season.

RunKC
09-22-2016, 09:15 PM
Patriots will again be in the SB. This is their easiest other path in years.

Buehler445
09-22-2016, 09:17 PM
I'm going to laugh my ass off if they hand the ball to Brady 4-0 and then the wheels come off. Won't happen, but I want it on record that I would laugh hard.

notorious
09-22-2016, 09:18 PM
Yeah, this is the pre-return of a pissed-off Brady era.

They will probably grease-spot the remaining schedule.

RealSNR
09-22-2016, 09:19 PM
She's taking the league by surprise. I don't think there's a single defensive coordinator out there who even knows what the OHHWHHWUUUAAHHHHOOOOO offense is

Buehler445
09-22-2016, 09:20 PM
Yeah, this is the pre-return of a pissed-off Brady era.

They will probably grease-spot the remaining schedule.

Ah, yes. I had forgotten about the fuck you NFL Patriots.

Marcellus
Brock looks rattled, big time.

Discuss Thrower
I'm going to laugh my ass off if they hand the ball to Brady 4-0 and then the wheels come off. Won't happen, but I want it on record that I would laugh hard.

If the Pats go 4-0 without Brady... There's a better than expected chance they run the table.

Only game they'll be seriously tested in will be Denver if it's at Mile High.

I'm just sick of seeing the same fucking teams win year in and year out while KC sits with its thumb up its own ads.

Buehler445
09-22-2016, 09:23 PM

I told you guys he'd be pissing backwards.

This is a game made for Belichick. But again, most of the Thursday games have been shitfests.

alanm
09-22-2016, 09:24 PM
I cannot believe the Chiefs lost to this team last week. Granted the Texans had more incentive to win. But Jeez. :shake:

alanm
09-22-2016, 09:25 PM
O'Brien is a good coach. BA is a good coach. Reid is a good coach.

But Hoody is the GOAT.Lombardi.

TEX
09-22-2016, 09:26 PM
I cannot believe the Chiefs lost to this team last week. Granted the Texans had more incentive to win. But Jeez. :shake:

They NEVER play well at New England.

Discuss Thrower
09-22-2016, 09:27 PM

The chiefs are almost the same team as Houston, except their ridiculously expensive defensive star is playing and they have better receivers.

ClevelandBronco
Ossy - 24/41, 96, 0, 1

And the man made a million dollars tonight.

Dodged that bullet. Good call, Mr. Elway.

notorious

The Texans blew their load on that game.

Buehler445
I'm just sick of seeing the same fucking teams win year in and year out while KC sits with its thumb up its own ads.

Agreed. But it's not over yet. A few concussions here and there and NE can look mortal again.

TEX
09-22-2016, 09:28 PM

Yep. Pass rush gets inside his head BIG time.

alanm
09-22-2016, 09:29 PM
Texans put their entire season into last week's game and still had to get a bunch of breaks to win.Don't know about entire season. But they sure as hell wanted the game more than the Chiefs.

Garcia Bronco
Ossy - 24/41, 96, 0, 1

It's just one game...but yeah :)

KCUnited
That Pats D looked stout AF.

Amnorix
09-22-2016, 09:30 PM
Jesus. Hand belichick the coach of the year award now. Who else can ignore all the noise and win with backup qbs?

Discuss Thrower
09-22-2016, 09:31 PM
Romeo.... You magnificent bastard. I read your Damn book!

Gen. Georgill Pattichik

BucEyedPea
09-22-2016, 09:31 PM
AZ blundered the winning kick but NE defense killed Mia and now Houston. That is the story. Their defense is just way better than sorry ass teams like the last two they played. It doesn't take a genius to run the ball damn near every down and get fumble recoveries. Oz is a bum and that is the rest of the story.

Their D didn't stop much against the Dolphins in the second quarter though.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-22-2016, 09:32 PM
Worthless. My expectations just went down. As usual, I hope I'm wrong.

ClevelandBronco
It's just one game...but yeah :)

Oops. I fumbled a digit. He had 196 when I posted, not 96.

BucEyedPea
I never expected to win tonight. Thought it would be a beat down.

ClevelandBronco
09-22-2016, 09:34 PM
I never expected to win tonight. Thought it would be a beat down.

You got the beat down part right.

Chiefspants
09-22-2016, 09:34 PM
I would prefer it if Andy Reid didn't have to go toe to toe with Hoodie again this year.

Rain Man
09-22-2016, 09:36 PM
Ossy - 24/41, 96, 0, 1

When you hang out with Von Miller and Aqib Talib, you become adept at dodging bullets, I guess.

New World Order
09-22-2016, 09:37 PM
Jesus. Hand belichick the coach of the year award now. Who else can ignore all the noise and win with backup qbs?

Arians

notorious
09-22-2016, 09:37 PM
ZING

staylor26
09-22-2016, 09:38 PM
Arians

Arians just got beat in his house by the Pats backup with his starter.

Red Dawg
09-22-2016, 09:39 PM
This game goes to show that winning in the trenches is a good strategy. When was the last time Pats drafted a skill player in th first round? Never.

New World Order
09-22-2016, 09:41 PM
Arians just got beat in his house by the Pats backup with his starter.

He asked the question; I answered.

KChiefs1
09-22-2016, 09:46 PM
The Texans blew their load on that game.

Without a doubt but still amazing what the Pats did to them tonight.

Hammock Parties
09-22-2016, 09:49 PM
Ossy - 24/41, 96, 0, 1

It was 196.

But yeah, all that with the "best WRs in the NFL" according to homers here. ROFL

TLO
09-22-2016, 09:50 PM
It was 196.

But yeah, all that with the "best WRs in the NFL" according to homers here. ROFL

Patriots provided consistent pressure on Assweiler. That is why they won, and we lost.

That and the turnovers I suppose.

Rain Man
09-22-2016, 09:52 PM
So have we figured out yet how the Patriots are cheating now?

Dave Lane
09-22-2016, 10:08 PM
Texans put their entire season into last week's game and still had to get a bunch of breaks to win.

No we just played down to them. NO tds in 60 mins. Unbelievable.

Dave Lane
09-22-2016, 10:09 PM
Patriots provided consistent pressure on Assweiler. That is why they won, and we lost.

That and the turnovers I suppose.

That's totally the reason we scored 12 points.

MagicHef
09-22-2016, 10:11 PM
If the Pats go 4-0 without Brady... There's a better than expected chance they run the table.

Only game they'll be seriously tested in will be Denver if it's at Mile High.

It is in Denver, 12/18.

notorious
09-22-2016, 10:11 PM
No we just played down to them. NO tds in 60 mins. Unbelievable.

That too.

MagicHef
09-22-2016, 10:12 PM

Kubiak? Although I guess not qbs plural. Only one backup qb.

Just Passin' By
09-22-2016, 10:14 PM
Agreed. But it's not over yet. A few concussions here and there and NE can look mortal again.

That's how it happened last year. They started out 10-0, and then the injuries began to pile up. This year looks like it could be a bit of a reversal, though. Brady and Ninkovich will be back in week 5. Lewis will eventually come back from PUP, and Vollmer could make it back later in the year from IR.

BucEyedPea
09-22-2016, 10:28 PM
You got the beat down part right.

Just on the wrong team.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-22-2016, 10:30 PM
How bad is this league if Denver and NE are 5 and 0??? Sad

Pitt Gorilla
09-22-2016, 10:34 PM
A franchise QB is so important in the NFL that Garapolo's backup (whoever that is) just led his team to a 27-0 beat down of the Texans.

CapsLockKey
09-22-2016, 10:39 PM
Texans probably had the Chiefs game circled over the Pats for the revenge factor and blew their load Sunday leaving nothing left on a short week.

Baby Lee
09-22-2016, 10:39 PM
A franchise QB is so important in the NFL that Garapolo's backup (whoever that is) just led his team to a 27-0 beat down of the Texans.

With 11 completions for 100 yards and change passing.

BryanBusby
09-22-2016, 10:41 PM
It's pretty easy to figure out what the Texans are doing on Offense. Too bad the Chiefs didn't figure it out.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-22-2016, 10:42 PM
You guys remember how awful these Thursday games have been for away teams right?

Titty Meat
09-22-2016, 10:46 PM
Overreaction somewhat. Texans are still a decent team coming off an emotional win and a short week. Bill B is the greatest coach ever. Never thought we bridged the gap vs New England anyway. Just goes to show you how great Bill is. Reid is a top 10 maybe top 5 coach in the league and he's nowhere close to Belicheck.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-22-2016, 10:49 PM
Texans were built up to be fed to the Pats

Dave Lane
09-22-2016, 11:04 PM

Bill >>>>>> Franchise QB

ClevelandBronco
09-22-2016, 11:05 PM
So have we figured out yet how the Patriots are cheating now?

By suiting up in a league that can't keep up with them.

Just Passin' By
09-22-2016, 11:11 PM
JJ Watt vs. all other teams: 76 sacks in 79 games. JJ Watt vs. the Patriots: 0 sacks in 4 games.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/779160476596961280

BucEyedPea
09-22-2016, 11:11 PM
Anyone hear the crowd yelling "Fire Roger"?

Nickhead
09-23-2016, 12:58 AM
it appears the same thing happened to the texans, as did the chiefs in their matchup. at least the chiefs didnt get blanked tho.

they were wore out from the emotions and physicality of the previous weeks game.

RINGLEADER
09-23-2016, 02:41 AM
That's totally the reason we scored 12 points.

Not sure why this is so hard for people to grasp.

When a team commits 3+ turnovers they usually lose.

Happened to KC last week. Happened to Houston tonight.

If we force the Jets to commit 3 turnovers this Sunday we'll win too.

Coochie liquor
09-23-2016, 04:14 AM
I would prefer it if Andy Reid didn't have to go toe to toe with Hoodie again this year.

I doubt we have to worry about that. Would likely be in the second round of the playoffs, and idk if we make it that far the way thie Chiefs have played as of now.

Red Dawg
09-23-2016, 05:16 AM
Not sure why this is so hard for people to grasp.

When a team commits 3+ turnovers they usually lose.

Happened to KC last week. Happened to Houston tonight.

If we force the Jets to commit 3 turnovers this Sunday we'll win too.

Bullshit. Turnovers and time of possession are the most over blown stats in football. Getting turnovers only matters if you get points from it. Last week we got two and did nothing. Donkeys turned it over a shitload last season but no one could score so it didn't matter. Unfortunately our offense is sucking so if we get a turnover it's almost useless. That must change for us to win the div.

Red Dawg
09-23-2016, 05:20 AM
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/779160476596961280

All you have to do is run the ball and run the ball away from him. We couldn't and we lost. Bill has no QB so they manned up and beat the Texans with their OL. Hardly a genious move. If a team can't stop the run then run the ball down their throat.

Mr. Derek
09-23-2016, 05:34 AM
Brady is the GOAT!
The Patriots can barely win 90% of their games without him.

Lzen
09-23-2016, 07:49 AM
Bullshit. Turnovers and time of possession are the most over blown stats in football. Getting turnovers only matters if you get points from it. Last week we got two and did nothing. Donkeys turned it over a shitload last season but no one could score so it didn't matter. Unfortunately our offense is sucking so if we get a turnover it's almost useless. That must change for us to win the div.

Anecdotal evidence does not change the fact that having a positive turnover ratio gives NFL teams a much better chance of winning.

http://www.footballnation.com/content/nfl-teams-that-win-turnover-battle-have-72-17-record/26247/

Statistics show that in the NFL, teams with positive turnover ratios have a significantly higher probability of winning. Over the past five full seasons, clubs with more takeaways than giveaways have a combined 810-220-2 (.786) record.

RunKC
09-23-2016, 07:53 AM
This is why the Chiefs absolutely have to have HFA if they want to have a shot at the SB. Nobody is winning at New England.

Sandy Vagina
09-23-2016, 07:56 AM
Anecdotal evidence does not change the fact that having a positive turnover ratio gives NFL teams a much better chance of winning.

http://www.footballnation.com/content/nfl-teams-that-win-turnover-battle-have-72-17-record/26247/

haha, owned.. well done to you. :)

Red Dawg
09-23-2016, 08:10 AM
This is why the Chiefs absolutely have to have HFA if they want to have a shot at the SB. Nobody is winning at New England.

It's still early. NE has lost at home in the playoffs a few times.

Amnorix
09-23-2016, 08:20 AM
They've rolled out some fuckfests personnel wise and have been defeated before. Belichick isn't all that good of a personnel guy

Have to disagree here. We had a dip with some bad drafts in the mid 2000s, which effected teams in the '09-10'ish, range, but otherwise he's a phenomenal personnel guy. He wheels and deals, bringing in extra picks, because he knows youre' going to hit on 50% at best.

The list of stud players is long, and the roster is very, VERY deep. A key part of BB's philosophy so the team can withstand injuries.

the Talking Can
09-23-2016, 08:38 AM
put's our moral victory in perspective

staylor26
09-23-2016, 09:14 AM
put's our moral victory in perspective

Again I will ask, do the Cardinals suck too?

They lost at home to the Pats, and it also wasn't a short week.

Why do you idiots on CP try to play the "well team A beat team C, so team B..." bullshit.

RunKC
09-23-2016, 09:20 AM

Why do you idiots on CP try to play the "well team A beat team C, so team B..." bullshit.

We should have beaten the Texans. It's not that fucking hard to admit. They aren't very good.

CupidStunt
09-23-2016, 09:22 AM

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Wow. It's so much more relevant to be discussing the top 10 draft prospects than home-field advantage. Holy shit man. Have you even watched the first 2 weeks? Apparently the homers around here need to see the Chiefs get raped at least once more before their eyes are opened.

staylor26
09-23-2016, 09:26 AM
We should have beaten the Texans. It's not that ****ing hard to admit. They aren't very good.

I agree we should've won, but what does that have to do with what I said? You love to put words in my mouth and make assumptions. It's really fucking annoying.

NWTF
09-23-2016, 09:31 AM

You seem over sensitive toward any slight at the Chiefs. Hey, its going to get better. They arent playing that great right now, thats true, but there are valid reasons for that. Let them get healthy and get the ball rolling. They arent on the Pats level right now. So what? hardly anybody is. They are just a middle of the pack team that could easily be 0-2 right now, but unlike other middle of the pack teams that arent going to get much better then they are at this point the Chiefs will. This is a playoff team they just havent played like one yet. I wont be that shocked to see meh, .500ish play for the better part of the 1st half of the year only to see them get healthy, get it together, and rip of several wins to end the season on a hot streak entering the playoffs.
But right now with all the injuries and all they are beatable by most teams.

O.city
09-23-2016, 09:33 AM
Well, what a shit loss that looks like last week.

It loomed that way at the time, with the chiefs doing dumb shit after dumb shit to lose.

staylor26
09-23-2016, 09:38 AM

It loomed that way at the time, with the chiefs doing dumb shit after dumb shit to lose.

The Texans were a legit contender for the #1 seed according to you a few days ago.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2016, 09:39 AM

Like I said earlier this week, the Texans suck.

The Chiefs played their worst game since 2012 IMO and still had a chance to win or tie with less than 2 minutes left.

If the Chiefs step on their dicks this Sunday and lose to a mediocre Jets team at home, I think it'll be filed as the worst game under the Reid/Dorsey regime and will seriously hamper their playoff chances.

O.city
09-23-2016, 09:39 AM
The Texans were a legit contender for the #1 seed according to you a few days ago.

They'll still win 11 games because they're division is shit, but they were outclassed and we shit down our legs and should have beaten them.

O.city
09-23-2016, 09:41 AM

The Chiefs played their worst game since 2012 IMO and still had a chance to win or tie with less than 2 minutes left.

If the Chiefs step on their dicks this Sunday and lose to a mediocre Jets team at home, I think it'll be filed as the worst game under the Reid/Dorsey regime and will seriously hamper their playoff chances.

This jets game is a must win game.

If the Chiefs wanna be considered with the pats, broncos, etc, they're gonna have to get their shit together.

O.city
09-23-2016, 09:42 AM
In fairness, these Thursday night games are always a shit show.

I wouldn't be upset at all if they did away with them.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2016, 09:49 AM
In fairness, these Thursday night games are always a shit show.

I wouldn't be upset at all if they did away with them.

They're not going away because there's too much revenue generated through advertising and network fees.

That said, IMO, they need to schedule Thursday night games so that they coincide with Bye Weeks.

So for example, the Chiefs would play this Sunday, then have a Bye next Sunday, then play the following Thursday, play again 10 days later on a Sunday.

The league could still start on a Thursday but would need to delay their next Thursday night game until Week 3 at the earliest, as no team would want a Bye after Week 1 or Week 2.

RunKC
09-23-2016, 09:49 AM

Worse than the Titans game? Idk but it's close.

I'm so tired of this team being unprepared early in the season.

Amnorix
09-23-2016, 09:50 AM
They're not going away because there's too much revenue generated through advertising and network fees.

That said, IMO, they need to schedule Thursday night games so that they coincide with Bye Weeks.

So for example, the Chiefs would play this Sunday, then have a Bye next Sunday, then play the following Thursday, play again 10 days later on a Sunday.

The league could still start on a Thursday but would need to delay their next Thursday night game until Week 3 at the earliest, as no team would want a Bye after Week 1 or Week 2.

Err...that would be two bye weeks, which the NFL doesn't currently have.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm an idiot.

Amnorix
09-23-2016, 09:51 AM
Agreed that Thursday night football sucks and should be removed from the NFL. Also agreed that it won't happen because those greedy pricks wouldn't change anything that costs them a fucking nickel.

O.city

I agree that they should always be the week after the bye.

CupidStunt
This jets game is a must win game.

If the Chiefs wanna be considered with the pats, broncos, etc, they're gonna have to get their shit together.

ROFLROFLROFL

Pats just fucking sodomized the Texans with their third-string QB.

The Texans made our starter LOOK like a third-string QB while shitting down our throats.

We're in different leagues, brah.

O.city
09-23-2016, 09:53 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

Pats just ****ing sodomized the Texans with their third-string QB.

The Texans made our starter LOOK like a third-string QB while shitting down our throats.

We're in different leagues, brah.

Eh, Thursday night game after a Sunday game, shit happens.

The Texans had 2 kickoff return fumbles and a pick. The 3rd string qb didn't really do a whole lot, but the pats are an all around great team. No doubt.

The first 3 weeks of the nfl season are always weird.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2016, 10:13 AM
Eh, Thursday night game after a Sunday game, shit happens.

The Texans had 2 kickoff return fumbles and a pick. The 3rd string qb didn't really do a whole lot, but the pats are an all around great team. No doubt.

The first 3 weeks of the nfl season are always weird.

Belichick's teams just consistently operate at a different level.

It took his own foolish decisions and an amazing Denver defense to keep them out of consecutive Super Bowls last year.

CupidStunt
09-23-2016, 10:13 AM
I hope the Chiefs turn it around, the reason I'm so pessimistic is that every bad thing I either expected or worried about has proven true. Especially on defense.

O.city
09-23-2016, 10:15 AM
I hope the Chiefs turn it around, the reason I'm so pessimistic is that every bad thing I either expected or worried about has proven true. Especially on defense.

The pass rush is worrisome, but I expected that. The young secondary has been better than I thought it would be.

Frankly, the defense isn't what I'm concerned about. It's the offense.

Just Passin' By
09-23-2016, 10:57 AM
All you have to do is run the ball and run the ball away from him. We couldn't and we lost. Bill has no QB so they manned up and beat the Texans with their OL. Hardly a genious move. If a team can't stop the run then run the ball down their throat.

If it was as easy as you say, everyone would do it.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-23-2016, 10:59 AM
This is their reward for taking a knee and kissing the ring for Papa Peyton.

Just Passin' By
09-23-2016, 11:01 AM
Brady is the GOAT!
The Patriots can barely win 90% of their games without him.

Under Belichick, the Patriots are 19-18 when Brady doesn't start.
During the Montana era, the 49ers were something like 14-6-1 when Montana didn't start, and 7-3-1 when neither Montana nor Young started.

TEX
09-23-2016, 11:15 AM
The pass rush is worrisome, but I expected that. The young secondary has been better than I thought it would be.

Frankly, the defense isn't what I'm concerned about. It's the offense.

Yep. Going in we all thought, with good reason, that the offense would pick up the slack for the defense. That's not been the case at all. This is year 4 - offense looks like year 1. :shake: