PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs apologize for parking mess

InChiefsHeaven
09-23-2016, 07:33 AM
Didn't see anything about this, so sorry if repost:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article103423277.html#emlnl=Chiefs_Extra

I usually get to the stadium by 8am, so I've never really had problems parking. I guess it has been a total abortion these last few seasons though. Thoughts on Donovan's "apology"?

notorious
09-23-2016, 07:39 AM
Apologies are nice, but fixing the problem is better.

Dayze
09-23-2016, 07:44 AM
Sorry about the mess. But if you buy the $50 double secret probation red pass, it should go smoothly. Thanks.

/Chiefs

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

wazu
09-23-2016, 07:48 AM
The all-out, full court press effort by the Chiefs to drive off ticket holders this year has been quite the show. Go ahead and apologize. Then fire yourself.

InChiefsHeaven
09-23-2016, 07:55 AM
I'm going to the Jags game in November. Hopefully they have this crap figured out. Not so worried about getting in as getting the hell out after the game.

Planned on buying the advanced pass, cuz 40.00 bucks is absolutely insane. I mean, I remember being pissed about 25.00 to park...

Beef Supreme
09-23-2016, 08:21 AM
"Hey, you know how we are bending you over on the parking costs and blowing sunshine up your ass about how it's going to improve the parking experience? Yeah, we just made that up. Sorry."

WhawhaWhat
09-23-2016, 08:36 AM
If the keep playing like they have the past 2 weeks, then the parking will take care of itself.

POND_OF_RED
09-23-2016, 09:34 AM
Just charge at the gate and make it a free for all parking lot. You wont have to pay anyone and it will probably go just as smoothly as your plan.

sedated
09-23-2016, 09:54 AM
There was no problem with parking until they suddenly decided they had to "fix" it, and every year since then it seems to have gotten worse.

InChiefsHeaven
09-23-2016, 10:09 AM
Just charge at the gate and make it a free for all parking lot. You wont have to pay anyone and it will probably go just as smoothly as your plan.
years ago
Agreed, have like a lot or two set aside for people who want to pay for it, and everybody else just park where you can...didnt' it used to be that way like 5 years ago?

scho63
09-23-2016, 10:21 AM
There was no problem with parking until they suddenly decided they had to "fix" it, and every year since then it seems to have gotten worse.

Same goes for my health insurance! :D

gblowfish
09-23-2016, 10:28 AM
Making "Gold" and "Platinum" parking designations (for more $) has also made the traffic tangle much worse. I'm going in three hours early this week. If three hours isn't early enough to get parked, then I give up.

luv
09-23-2016, 10:33 AM
I've never parked in a lot, except for at preseason games. There was a season or two where we had to start fighting for our spot (beating a few others there), but early entry seems to have solved that problem for us. This week will be the first game that the CHIEFS WINnebago goes to this year, so I guess it will be the real test at the gate.

InChiefsHeaven
09-26-2016, 08:12 AM
So was it any better yesterday? KC Star says it was a little, but people were still bitching...

Beef Supreme
09-26-2016, 09:30 AM
For $40, you could probably get a hand job. Or park at Arrowhead.

REDHOTGTO
09-26-2016, 12:15 PM
Haven't been to a game for a few years parking wasn't broke then but now..............
They took us clear around to a1 never been over there (or had too) sucks balls

REDHOTGTO
09-26-2016, 12:16 PM
Haven't been to a game for a few years parking wasn't broke then but now..............
They took us clear around to a1 never been over there (or had too) sucks balls

Bugeater
09-26-2016, 01:11 PM
My only issue was trying to get where the rest of my group was. Had to have D2112 get out of the van and move cones at one point, also squeezed between two barricades and had to jump a median as well. Other than that, no problems

TimBone
09-26-2016, 01:13 PM
My only issue was trying to get where the rest of my group was. Had to have D2112 get out of the van and move cones at one point, also squeezed between two barricades and had to jump a median as well. Other than that, no problems

So, things are improving.

Bugeater
09-26-2016, 01:58 PM
So, things are improving.
I did get to my spot in a timely manner. :D

BWillie
09-26-2016, 04:36 PM
I'm quite disappointed the Chiefs are so money hungry that they put up the vinyl fence and hired security to not allow you to park outside of the stadium and walk in going down the hill. I'm almost furious. I absolutely love parking outside the stadium. I pay $35 less. I get into the stadium quicker and I get out WAAAAAY quicker without having to deal with 95% of the traffic.

Valiant
09-26-2016, 05:39 PM
I'm quite disappointed the Chiefs are so money hungry that they put up the vinyl fence and hired security to not allow you to park outside of the stadium and walk in going down the hill. I'm almost furious. I absolutely love parking outside the stadium. I pay $35 less. I get into the stadium quicker and I get out WAAAAAY quicker without having to deal with 95% of the traffic.

Really? As shit as the new parking policy is this is worse. I would email a local news anchor about to put extra press on them.

CapsLockKey
09-26-2016, 08:04 PM
So was it any better yesterday? KC Star says it was a little, but people were still bitching...
Much better for me. Got to the stadium about 40 minutes before kickoff and was parked within 10 minutes. Don't know how much of that was due to the later kickoff.