PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Streaming With Mr. Smith - QB gives teammates advice on what shows to watch

DaWolf
09-27-2016, 11:15 AM
https://theringer.com/kansas-city-chiefs-alex-smith-tv-books-ddff5c6ecb28#.w4nd3i8sf

Fun article if anyone is interested. A snippet:

Smith has a captive audience for his suggestions because, as Murray noted, binge-watching fits perfectly into NFL lives. There’s a seven-month offseason, and there are plenty of viewing pockets during the season, too: After studying film or practicing for about 12 hours a day, players need something to do that’s not football, “and you can’t take a nap because you are so wound up from practice, but you need to get off your feet, so you pick a few shows and try to watch a little bit,” Murray said. Smith, of course, has suggestions. “He’ll sit there and pitch shows to us,” said backup Chiefs QB Tyler Bray. “He’ll come in and say ‘OK, time to watch this show.’” Center Mitch Morse explained the game of Telephone: Smith gives the quarterbacks a show to watch, and then the quarterbacks tell others until the reco works its way through the roster. It’s good for bonding: Morse and Murray held Game of Thrones viewing parties in the offseason.

Kiimo
09-27-2016, 11:19 AM
Why would anybody take a football player's advice on what TV to watch?

That being said, I like the quality of shows Smith is watching. Surprising. I imagine most football players watch Jersey Wives trash or something similar.

TLO
09-27-2016, 11:23 AM
May I please have my thread starting privileges back?

Rasputin
09-27-2016, 11:27 AM
May I please have my thread starting privileges back?

Ask again and see if Mods don't put you on MU that would be hilarious :D

TLO
09-27-2016, 12:40 PM
Ask again and see if Mods don't put you on MU that would be hilarious :D

I just think it's kinda bullshit. I didn't do anything to have them taken

Rasputin
09-27-2016, 12:53 PM

Have you PM Bob Dole? That seems to be the best way. This one time a mod changed my user name and I ended up PM Bob Dole to change it back and he did. True Story.

This is my testimony to PM Bob Dole

rtmike
09-27-2016, 01:16 PM
Have you PM Bob Dole? That seems to be the best way. This one time a mod changed my user name and I ended up PM Bob Dole to change it back and he did. True Story.

This is my testimony to PM Bob Dole

He's normally pretty hard to get ahold of so you have to send PM's about every hour to get his attention.

This is my testimony to reading about the Senator.

threebag
09-27-2016, 01:28 PM
Think you'd be better off asking for a bag of dicks

RealSNR
09-27-2016, 01:36 PM
I think Frasier is Alex's favorite show. The similarities are obvious.

-Frasier lasted for 11 seasons, and Alex is playing in his 11th season. Also ties in with Alex wearing #11.

-Frasier is just the character's first name. The title isn't "Frasier Crane" or "The Frasier Crane Show." Meanwhile, NFL fans just call Alex Smith, "Alex," except for those queerbag weirdo 9er fans who say "AS11," but they're subhuman and don't count.

-Frasier had a tumultuous time in his early career in Boston, but moves to Seattle to start anew. Alex had a tumultuous time in his early career in San Francisco, but also moves to a different city to start anew.

-Alex is a decent team psychologist, who leads guys on the sideline and in practice through any mental struggles they might have, yet in tense situations, his own mental processing and neuroses flair up and make him skittish and awkward. Frasier is a real psychologist, who demonstrates questionable behavior in his own actions during tough situations.

-Frasier is a misunderstood man with a lengthy history of pissing people off. His best relationships occur when people just accept him for what he is-- a flawed human. Alex is a misunderstood QB with a history of pissing his fans off more than most game manager QBs do. It's best for people if they just accept him for what he is-- a flawed QB.

TimBone
09-27-2016, 01:37 PM

Really? Really?!?

TLO
09-27-2016, 02:37 PM
Really? Really?!?

In the past, I definitely have. I'll be the first to admit that.

But for when they were taken Sunday? Nope.

The last thread I started was about why it was taking so long for my doctor to see me, which was nothing but stupid fun. It was started last Wednesday or Thursday.

Sunday is gameday, and I consider making the game day thread. Clay beats me to it, which is perfectly ok. I go about posting as usual.

I wake up Monday morning, and my ability to start threads is gone.

Yes I'm being a whiney bitch about this, but I fully believe I have good reason to be.

Discuss Thrower
09-27-2016, 02:39 PM
I think Frasier is Alex's favorite show. The similarities are obvious.

-Frasier lasted for 11 seasons, and Alex is playing in his 11th season. Also ties in with Alex wearing #11.

-Frasier is just the character's first name. The title isn't "Frasier Crane" or "The Frasier Crane Show." Meanwhile, NFL fans just call Alex Smith, "Alex," except for those queerbag weirdo 9er fans who say "AS11," but they're subhuman and don't count.

-Frasier had a tumultuous time in his early career in Boston, but moves to Seattle to start anew. Alex had a tumultuous time in his early career in San Francisco, but also moves to a different city to start anew.

-Alex is a decent team psychologist, who leads guys on the sideline and in practice through any mental struggles they might have, yet in tense situations, his own mental processing and neuroses flair up and make him skittish and awkward. Frasier is a real psychologist, who demonstrates questionable behavior in his own actions during tough situations.

-Frasier is a misunderstood man with a lengthy history of pissing people off. His best relationships occur when people just accept him for what he is-- a flawed human. Alex is a misunderstood QB with a history of pissing his fans off more than most game manager QBs do. It's best for people if they just accept him for what he is-- a flawed QB.

Ba gawd

OldSchool
09-27-2016, 06:20 PM
“Aaron Murray got really into Twilight"

Now we know the real reason why they didn't sign Aaron Murray to the practice squad.

Gonzo
09-28-2016, 04:58 AM
Hmmm, Alex Smith's current Tivo lineup:

1. You're the Worst
2. Better Things
3. Stranger Things
4. Speechless
5. The A Word
6. Outcast
7. The Get Down
8. Braindead
9. Wrecked
10. Penny Dreadful

This was just too easy, sorry.

loochy
09-28-2016, 08:08 AM
Alex's favorite movie:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attachments/movies/145061d1424370208-what-last-movie-you-have-watched-drop.jpg

Alex HATES this show with a passion:

http://cdn.renewcanceltv.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/goingdeep2.jpg

mdchiefsfan
09-28-2016, 01:47 PM
In the past, I definitely have. I'll be the first to admit that.

But for when they were taken Sunday? Nope.

The last thread I started was about why it was taking so long for my doctor to see me, which was nothing but stupid fun. It was started last Wednesday or Thursday.

Sunday is gameday, and I consider making the game day thread. Clay beats me to it, which is perfectly ok. I go about posting as usual.

I wake up Monday morning, and my ability to start threads is gone.

Yes I'm being a whiney bitch about this, but I fully believe I have good reason to be.

What was the thread you were going to start on Monday about?

TLO
09-28-2016, 01:48 PM
What was the thread you were going to start on Monday about?

Hamburgers