PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Derrick Johnsons chop tackle.

Demonpenz
09-30-2016, 11:40 PM
Derrick Johnson chops people down. It is kinda dirty in my own opinion. Did anyone notice he chopped a dude down in true DJ style like in a weird spot on the field. Like when it was a straight power run. I would love to see that .gif.

Psyko Tek
10-01-2016, 12:00 AM
show me vid to illustrate your opinion

jonzie04
10-01-2016, 12:00 AM
http://www.12up.com/posts/3759384-derrick-johnson-is-a-model-for-nfl-safety

The nfl safety committee thinks his tackling style should be a model.

jonzie04
10-01-2016, 12:04 AM
I assume you mean tackles like this onehttp://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/130/files/2015/12/DJ-5.gif

Good clean hit imo

Demonpenz
10-01-2016, 12:14 AM
He had one like that but it was directly down the los. Weirdest looking tackle I have ever seen. Yeah he chops from the front and of course out in in the open, but this was the first time a back hit a hole and he chopped coming down the los. I think it is a bit dirty, I love it, and what I really want was a .gif because that play was something I have never seen.

Demonpenz
10-01-2016, 12:15 AM
http://www.12up.com/posts/3759384-derrick-johnson-is-a-model-for-nfl-safety

The nfl safety committee thinks his tackling style should be a model.

I would call bullshit on his wrapping up part. I want to say I have watched more game film on DJ than any other football player in my time.

Tribal Warfare
10-01-2016, 01:01 AM
What do you expect the hit zone has limited defenders to go low in comparison to tackling at the pad level in fear of a penalty

R Clark
10-01-2016, 02:44 AM
No chance of a head to head hit.clean hit anyone who thinks otherwise is a dipshit

Nickhead
10-01-2016, 02:58 AM
Derrick Johnson chops people down. It is kinda dirty in my own opinion. Did anyone notice he chopped a dude down in true DJ style like in a weird spot on the field. Like when it was a straight power run. I would love to see that .gif.

at least he is smart enough not to get flagged :D

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-01-2016, 04:56 AM
He's always busted the knees out at the line of scrimmage. Can't remember him ever causing an injury. When he's in the flat he hits at the waist and wraps up. Solid !

threebag
10-01-2016, 05:05 AM
Yeah if claynus was on 56 nuts like he is on 11 nuts i would have to hunt him down. Love me some DJ

Hoover
10-01-2016, 06:24 AM
One of our best draft picks IMO.

milkman
10-01-2016, 06:53 AM
One of our best draft picks IMO.

Could have had Aaron Rodgers.

Messier
10-01-2016, 06:58 AM

Does that take away from the quality of the pick?

Hoover
10-01-2016, 07:02 AM
And would I rather have Rogers? Of course. But DJ has been an awesome Chief. One of the best. Plus I'm not sure Aaron Rogers would have become Aaron Rogers under Herm, Haley, and Crennel.

Best22
10-01-2016, 07:13 AM
He had one like that but it was directly down the los. Weirdest looking tackle I have ever seen. Yeah he chops from the front and of course out in in the open, but this was the first time a back hit a hole and he chopped coming down the los. I think it is a bit dirty, I love it, and what I really want was a .gif because that play was something I have never seen.

Talking low is part of the game, especially now. Its not dirty

Fansy the Famous Bard
10-01-2016, 07:30 AM
Can't tackle high cause it's dirty, can't tackle low cause it's dirty.... The pussification of the sport continues.

Next, we'll be calling waist-tacklers "ballsack-grabbers"

ZootedGranny
10-01-2016, 09:13 AM
https://giant.gfycat.com/FirsthandJaggedAmericanalligator.gif

He's always busted the knees out at the line of scrimmage. Can't remember him ever causing an injury.

Funnily enough, I can only ever remember him injuring Matt Forte with that tackle when he was on the Bears. Sprained his MCL and put him out for the final 3 games of that season.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d824b6d7d/Forte-hurt

NJChiefsFan
10-01-2016, 09:38 AM
You can tackle high on a runner. That moron from Cincy or MIA did it Thursday. No penalty or threat of one.

SAGA45
10-01-2016, 09:40 AM
That's DJ's signature tackle....remember his predraft highlight vid from Texas? That chop...submarine, spear tackle is his M.O.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PQCiEhbwxwo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lcarus
10-01-2016, 10:10 AM
Sure we could have had Rodgers but at the time we were in a win now mode and desperately needed defense to help out our great offense. I remember us having some really awful drafts leading up to that season so it was nice to actually hit on a guy. He's been great on and off the field. Can't wait to see him on the ring of honor.

Urc Burry
10-01-2016, 10:22 AM
It's even better when DJ goes low on the lead blocker and takes out the back in one swipe. Berry has also made that play quite a few times

Rasputin
10-01-2016, 02:48 PM
Does that take away from the quality of the pick?

If we could have won Super Bowls with Aaron Rogers then yes. I hope we still can with DJ if so then no.

Pablo
10-01-2016, 03:19 PM
Yeah if claynus was on 56 nuts like he is on 11 nuts i would have to hunt him down. Love me some DJHave you made a post in the last three months that didn't reference Clay in some manner?

That dude is on your mind quite a bit.

Valiant
10-01-2016, 03:43 PM

And did what with him? Who would of tutored and coached him? He would have never got a shot here. What qb have we ever developed?

The woulda shouldas are a nice dream. But our long history of qb developments are not pretty.

Zero drafted qbs in franchise history to win a playoff game or go to a probowl I believe. Maybe the jags also.

Valiant
10-01-2016, 03:48 PM
Dj is usually sound on tackling, while I would prefer our guys to also try and pop the ball out on tackles. His style is consistent and many do not break free when your legs get taken from underneath you.

I miss DTs tomahawk tackles on the qb and rbs with that arm. Seems a few players also are aiming their helmets for the ball on tackles.

Bowser
10-01-2016, 03:58 PM
Anybody still have that gif of Derrick Johnson just flat blowing up Jake Plummer?

vailpass
10-01-2016, 04:03 PM
Clean tackle, bad ass play. Wood have.

threebag
10-01-2016, 06:17 PM
Have you made a post in the last three months that didn't reference Clay in some manner?

That dude is on your mind quite a bit.

Yeah i have the dipshit cocksucker on ignore(doesn't help). He wrecks every thread with his bullshit aganda. Fuck him and his white knight circle jerk.

NJChiefsFan
10-01-2016, 07:55 PM
And did what with him? Who would of tutored and coached him? He would have never got a shot here. What qb have we ever developed?

The woulda shouldas are a nice dream. But our long history of qb developments are not pretty.

Zero drafted qbs in franchise history to win a playoff game or go to a probowl I believe. Maybe the jags also.

Never have gotten a shot? That's quite an extreme stance to take. Never....

Our development has to do with the talent we have brought in. None of our jags have done nothing anywhere else. Rogers would not have turned out like Brodie Croyle, that's for sure.

MotherfuckerJones
10-01-2016, 08:43 PM
What DJ does is clean and just smart. Go low and take the legs out. He's not knee hunting there he's just getting them to the ground with what is effective for him. Football is all about leverage, so what's he's doing is very effective.

oldman
10-01-2016, 11:05 PM
Those appear to be clean hits to me, right on the thigh pad.