PDA

View Full Version : Football Everyone Calm Down~!

BleedingRed
10-03-2016, 08:14 AM
It was a weather game, and we just were on the wrong side of the RIVER OF LUCK last night.

Lets just remember the following things before we discuss what "WE" think should be done.

Facts:
- Spencer Ware has had 3 fumbles in 3 weeks. He never fumbled in college, he can fix this issue. If this was something like not having "Vision" or "Power" we could have an issue. But this kid keeps looking the part running the ball.

- Alex Smith + Rain = no deep ball (well erm, we will see even if it is sunny I would like more deep shots)

- Our Division isn't stacked with "Complete" teams...
Denver's defense looks amazing, how ever they have a injured QB and now the rookie is starting. Mistakes will happen, we just need to limit ours (bad timing after last night, but that wasn't representative of our team)

Oakland's defense is far worse off than our is even without Justin Houston. I'm disappointed in our D/Line (minus Poe) but, we can start to fix this with sending CB's or Derrick Johnson on more pass rushes. In any case, Raiders Defense is swiss cheese right now. (They do have a very good offense) So the name of the game is to bait Carr into mistakes, something Marcus Peters is amazing at.

San Diego - Nuff Said, these guys make choking look easy.

In closing:
Andy Reid has a great ability to make games like last night into a "Rally Cry" (God at least I hope he does this) And he is a steady hand that will get this Team back on track... With Jamaal coming back, and the emergence of Spencer Ware I believe we can really open our passing attack up (You know... Alex Smith only throwing to wide open people) and I hope that means we can push the ball down field more.

Our Defense will only be able to live up to the expectations we have formed for them if our D/Line steps up their damn play. (I personally don't think our secondary is bad, even with the mental lapses last night)

Cheers guys, and just remember 1-5 to 11-5....... We are going to be fine

Red Dawg
10-03-2016, 08:15 AM
I think I am going to vomit.

ptlyon
10-03-2016, 08:15 AM
Ah, blow it out your ass Howard

kccrow
10-03-2016, 08:18 AM
Teams have enough film through 4 weeks, not just last night, to realize that they can rush for 7+ yards a carry on this team and will have time to throw bombs all day. Run and gun it right down the Chiefs' throat all day long.

Beef Supreme
10-03-2016, 08:19 AM
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/67192789.jpg

NJChiefsFan
10-03-2016, 08:20 AM
Realizing that the weather and luck weren't the problem would probably be the best way to start understanding what needs to change.

Sandy Vagina
10-03-2016, 08:22 AM

It's a good overall post, but you do know you are posting it here at CP, right?

notorious
10-03-2016, 08:22 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/13t2OTCFzCqJbO/giphy.gif

chiefzilla1501
10-03-2016, 08:24 AM
The Chiefs have played 4 games. The offense has not only looked bad... It's looked puke bad for about 12 out of 16 quarters despite being very improved over last year. And playcalling looks like the biggest culprit.

And the defense is what the realists expected. No Houston, no Sean Smith, we lost Abdullah. And to make matters worse, we didn't have Gaines.

This team needs to rally around the offense to win games. Something we haven't needed much in a few years. That is why there is a sense of panic in this place.

Mr. Laz
10-03-2016, 08:25 AM
https://jimdroberts.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/atomic-finger.jpg

Molitoth
10-03-2016, 08:26 AM
Alex Smith and Andy Reid are a garbage combination.

lcarus
10-03-2016, 08:28 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/13t2OTCFzCqJbO/giphy.gif

ROFL

What WAVIN A FUCKIN GUN AROUND?!

TEX
10-03-2016, 08:28 AM
https://jimdroberts.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/atomic-finger.jpg

ROFL :clap:

KC_Lee
10-03-2016, 08:30 AM
2-2 right now, remaining schedule;

@Oakland; right now this looks like a loss to me (2-3)
New Orleans; win, NO D is awful (3-3)
@Indianapolis; loss, Indy has our number (3-4)
Jacksonville; win, close one, but we win (4-4)
@Carolina; loss, unless Newton is down with a concusion KC ain't wining this one (4-5)
Tampa Bay; win, KC beats up Winston (5-5)
@Denver; loss, won't matter who is at QB at this point (5-6)
@Atlanta; loss, Julio Jones sets another reciving yardage record and torches our secondary (5-7)
Oakland; win, season split (6-7)
Tennessee; win, KC does what it does best...beat up on bad teams (7-7)
Denver; loss, Denver sweep (7-8)
@San Diego; loss, unless the entire coaching staff has been fired from SD (7-9)

A few of those are toss ups so we might, just might have a shot at 9 - 7 or 8 - 8. How exciting, nothing like a vet team with a 30+ year old QB going .500 to fire up a fan base.

TEX
10-03-2016, 08:30 AM
The Chiefs have played 4 games. The offense has not only looked bad... It's looked puke bad for about 12 out of 16 quarters despite being very improved over last year. And playcalling looks like the biggest culprit.

And the defense is what the realists expected. No Houston, no Sean Smith, we lost Abdullah. And to make matters worse, we didn't have Gaines.

This team needs to rally around the offense to win games. Something we haven't needed much in a few years. That is why there is a sense of panic in this place.

Exactly the case. And this is year 4, so that should be an easy thing for the offense to handle. The fact that it's not, even with the upgrades, should be a cause for concern.

TEX
10-03-2016, 08:33 AM

@Carolina; loss, unless Newton is down with a concusion KC ain't wining this one (4-5)
@Atlanta; loss, Julio Jones sets another reciving yardage record and torches our secondary (5-7)

A few of those are toss ups so we might, just might have a shot at 9 - 7 or 8 - 8. How exciting, nothing like a vet team with a 30+ year old QB going .500 to fire up a fan base.

I said 10-6 was the ceiling going into the season. I'm sticking to that. It's a long season...

Discuss Thrower
10-03-2016, 08:34 AM
They aren't capable of winning 10 games.

Period.

Sandy Vagina

Possible, sure. Only, in this case, I'd predict the OL stays bottom 10, and Houston doesn't return at all this season.

BleedingRed
They aren't capable of winning 10 games.

Period.

I think you are wrong, is there anything I could cite that would change your mind?

TEX
10-03-2016, 08:36 AM
Teams have enough film through 4 weeks, not just last night, to realize that they can rush for 7+ yards a carry on this team and will have time to throw bombs all day. Run and gun it right down the Chiefs' throat all day long.

Yes. IF things remain the same. However, get a pass rush and things can change dramatically.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-03-2016, 08:36 AM
Expected the loss. Don't really care about the score. Didn't matter for Pitt....BUT if they don't turn it around against Oakland it's crrrrreature time

Discuss Thrower
10-03-2016, 08:37 AM
Yes. IF things remain the same. However, get a pass rush and things can change dramatically.

Houston isn't coming back this year.

Their pass rush is toast.

Mr. Laz
10-03-2016, 08:39 AM

so then we are going to wait until week 10 and Houston comes back before we start winning?

Sutton is a sack of shit who is just reading from Ryan's Family playbook that he copied before he left town.

Pasta Little Brioni
I am suddenly confident in his return

BleedingRed

@Oakland; right now this looks like a loss to me (2-3) Based on? Their defense is way worse off than ours. I agree it will be a tough game...
New Orleans; win, NO D is awful (3-3) agreed
@Indianapolis; loss, Indy has our number (3-4) They don't have anyone's number this year. This team will make our's look amazing.
Jacksonville; win, close one, but we win (4-4) Agreed
@Carolina; loss, unless Newton is down with a concusion KC ain't wining this one (4-5) Matt Ryan just dropped 500 yards on them, but I will concede this is probably a loss
Tampa Bay; win, KC beats up Winston (5-5) agreed
@Denver; loss, won't matter who is at QB at this point (5-6) Disagree
@Atlanta; loss, Julio Jones sets another reciving yardage record and torches our secondary (5-7) Probably a loss if they don't cool off
Oakland; win, season split (6-7) Agree, but I believe we sweep
Tennessee; win, KC does what it does best...beat up on bad teams (7-7) Win
Denver; loss, Denver sweep (7-8) Not going to happen, we might drop One but not two
@San Diego; loss, unless the entire coaching staff has been fired from SD (7-9) No.....

So you are thinking .500, I'm STILL
thinking 10-6 / 11-5

bricks
10-03-2016, 08:40 AM
Meh

I see these same posts about the Chiefs for years. We know what the end result will be. Be calm in a sense where as a fanbase you know what to expect. Don't get your hopes up. This team is going nowhere again and will most likely miss the playoffs or lose in the playoffs.

What can I say? Wash, rinse and repeat.

kccrow
10-03-2016, 08:40 AM
I think you are wrong, is there anything I could cite that would change your mind?

I don't think you could change very many minds today. The offense is an absolute train wreck, and my opinion is the problems are 1. Alex Smith and 2. Andy Reid. You aren't going to see that change. The defense is Swiss cheese. They give up rush yards like free candy and the coverage down the field is abysmal with no pass rush to speak of. If San Diego doesn't lose Keenan Allen and Ryan Fitzpatrick doesn't have an all-time meltdown, this team is 0-4 with ease.

The Franchise
10-03-2016, 08:41 AM
8-8 and all is great.

TEX
10-03-2016, 08:42 AM
Houston isn't coming back this year.

Their pass rush is toast.

If that's the case - you're probably correct.

scho63
10-03-2016, 08:44 AM
So you are thinking .500, I'm STILL
thinking 10-6 / 11-5

I need to drink whatever you are having! :rolleyes:

THIS POS team an 11-5 team?!? WOW you might win "Homer of the Year" ROFL

TEX
10-03-2016, 08:44 AM
I don't think you could change very many minds today. The offense is an absolute train wreck, and my opinion is the problems are 1. Alex Smith and 2. Andy Reid. You aren't going to see that change. The defense is Swiss cheese. They give up rush yards like free candy and the coverage down the field is abysmal with no pass rush to speak of. If San Diego doesn't lose Keenan Allen and Ryan Fitzpatrick doesn't have an all-time meltdown, this team is 0-4 with ease.

Defense looks the same as it did all preseason, and the offense looks much worse.

TEX
10-03-2016, 08:45 AM
Meh

I see these same posts about the Chiefs for years. We know what the end result will be. Be calm in a sense where as a fanbase you know what to expect. Don't get your hopes up. This team is going nowhere again and will most likely miss the playoffs or lose in the playoffs.

What can I say? Wash, rinse and repeat.

So much logic in your post that I cant follow...:D

BleedingRed
10-03-2016, 08:46 AM
I need to drink whatever you are having! :rolleyes:

THIS POS team an 11-5 team?!? WOW you might win "Homer of the Year" ROFL

Why? Because I watch what is happening outside of the AFC West? Because I see a really weak AFC this year in the terms of teams that can rush the ball. This happens every year. Weather Changes, defenses tighten. And the teams that can rush the ball and play defense start to pull away.

We are 4 games in, just take a deep breath.

chiefzilla1501
10-03-2016, 08:47 AM

If there's any benefit, it's that the Chiefs schedule this year is much easier. Carolina has been awful this year and they're really reeling from losing norman. I think Pagano has completely lost his team - - that offensive line is crazy bad so Indy is winnable. This team will probably pull off 8 or 9 and miss the playoffs. If there's any bright side, it's that Pittsburgh with leveon bell is arguably the beat offense in the nfl.

gblowfish
10-03-2016, 09:02 AM
Yikes!

CupidStunt
10-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Serious question here:

Why does it take an ass-raping like yesterday for the homers to finally wake up?

The Chiefs have looked like the POS team they are all season. This wasn't a surprising game AT ALL. The defense is brutal and the QB is a pathetic, scared little bitch. You cannot win with those 2 things. One is bad enough but the Chiefs have both on lock down.

The worst thing about the Chiefs, as has been true over the years, is that there's no hope. They will continue to be a laughing stock as long as Alex Smith is at QB. Oh, and rest assured we won't get another SNF game for another 5 years. NBC couldn't get our sorry asses off the network fast enough.

Discuss Thrower
10-03-2016, 09:10 AM
I am suddenly confident in his return

Llllllllllllllllllloaded lllllllllllllllllloaded lllllllllllllllllloaded lllllllllllllllllloaded

Scorp
10-03-2016, 09:10 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z447qc4ZRRA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Discuss Thrower
10-03-2016, 09:11 AM
Serious question here:

Why does it take an ass-raping like yesterday for the homers to finally wake up?

The Chiefs have looked like the POS team they are all season. This wasn't a surprising game AT ALL. The defense is brutal and the QB is a pathetic, scared little bitch. You cannot win with those 2 things. One is bad enough but the Chiefs have both on lock down.

The worst thing about the Chiefs, as has been true over the years, is that there's no hope. They will continue to be a laughing stock as long as Alex Smith is at QB. Oh, and rest assured we won't get another SNF game for another 5 years. NBC couldn't get our sorry asses off the network fast enough.

They can't flex the Christmas night game.

But yeah. They'll get a TNF game next season because they "have" to put everyone on a national game but that'll be about it.

FloridaMan88
10-03-2016, 09:27 AM
It was a weather game, and we just were on the wrong side of the RIVER OF LUCK last night.

Losing 43-14 (in game that wasn't as close as even that lopsided score indicates) has nothing to do with bad luck.

CupidStunt
10-03-2016, 09:30 AM
They can't flex the Christmas night game.

But yeah. They'll get a TNF game next season because they "have" to put everyone on a national game but that'll be about it.

Wait, are you serious? We have another national game?

ROFLROFLROFL

Oh my. Tough luck, Murica.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Just have to recover and finish strong, that's all there is to it

ModSocks
10-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Oakland is gonna carve KC up. KC doesn't have the corners to run the scheme that Sutton wants to run and Sutton is to stubborn to adjust.

In Today's NFL receivers and QB's are too good to play 1v1 with no safety help.

We have good, high priced Safeties and we use them to play man on TE's...

BlackHelicopters
10-03-2016, 11:54 AM

Lets just remember the following things before we discuss what "WE" think should be done.

Facts:
- Spencer Ware has had 3 fumbles in 3 weeks. He never fumbled in college, he can fix this issue. If this was something like not having "Vision" or "Power" we could have an issue. But this kid keeps looking the part running the ball.

- Alex Smith + Rain = no deep ball (well erm, we will see even if it is sunny I would like more deep shots)

- Our Division isn't stacked with "Complete" teams...
Denver's defense looks amazing, how ever they have a injured QB and now the rookie is starting. Mistakes will happen, we just need to limit ours (bad timing after last night, but that wasn't representative of our team)

Oakland's defense is far worse off than our is even without Justin Houston. I'm disappointed in our D/Line (minus Poe) but, we can start to fix this with sending CB's or Derrick Johnson on more pass rushes. In any case, Raiders Defense is swiss cheese right now. (They do have a very good offense) So the name of the game is to bait Carr into mistakes, something Marcus Peters is amazing at.

San Diego - Nuff Said, these guys make choking look easy.

In closing:
Andy Reid has a great ability to make games like last night into a "Rally Cry" (God at least I hope he does this) And he is a steady hand that will get this Team back on track... With Jamaal coming back, and the emergence of Spencer Ware I believe we can really open our passing attack up (You know... Alex Smith only throwing to wide open people) and I hope that means we can push the ball down field more.

Our Defense will only be able to live up to the expectations we have formed for them if our D/Line steps up their damn play. (I personally don't think our secondary is bad, even with the mental lapses last night)

Too much sugar. Too sweet. Up comes lunch.

dls6501
10-03-2016, 12:14 PM

Yeah man. It is crazy how the rain affected both QBs and neither of them were able to throw the ball long.

Bowser
10-03-2016, 12:18 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc1x59mCYw1r1x5d7o4_500.gif

Mr. Flopnuts
10-03-2016, 12:20 PM
We're going to finish 12-4.

Simply Red
10-03-2016, 12:28 PM
Serious question here:

Because it was still early and they/we/whatever didn't have a grasp as to what we had. Plus so much negativity throughout the week make it even harder to watch a game. I'm just glad we found out early what we TRULY have.

New World Order
10-03-2016, 12:28 PM
Expected the loss. Don't really care about the score. Didn't matter for Pitt....BUT if they don't turn it around against Oakland it's crrrrreature time

Haha yes!

Simply Red
10-03-2016, 12:30 PM
Because it was still early and they/we/whatever didn't have a grasp as to what we had. Plus so much negativity throughout the week make it even harder to watch a game. I'm just glad we found out early what we TRULY have.

Or do NOT have.

TribalElder
10-03-2016, 12:31 PM
Currently at work leaving a Chiefs prime time performance in the bowl

Bowser
10-03-2016, 12:32 PM
Currently at work leaving a Chiefs prime time performance in the bowl

It will NOT be a clean breaker.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-03-2016, 12:38 PM
Serious question here:

So much butt hurt drama in this one.

We have been playoff contenders since the new era and are in position to continue to build on talent that we've acquired...we are far from being a Tampa Bay and are a lot closer to Seattle.

CupidStunt
10-03-2016, 01:36 PM
So much butt hurt drama in this one.

We have been playoff contenders since the new era and are in position to continue to build on talent that we've acquired...we are far from being a Tampa Bay and are a lot closer to Seattle.

ROFL

We're a million miles away from Seattle. They have Russell Wilson, we have Alex Smith. They go to back-to-back Super Bowls, we score 10 points after the defense forces 8 turnovers. :shake:

Discuss Thrower
10-03-2016, 01:41 PM
ROFL

We're a million miles away from Seattle. They have Russell Wilson, we have Alex Smith. They go to back-to-back Super Bowls, we score 10 points after the defense forces 8 turnovers. :shake:

This. The Chiefs should be 2013 Seahawks good at this point.

They've had four draft classes and are still dependent on the core of Houston / Hali / DJ / Berry on defense that was inherited by the current regime.

They are about as far away from a SB team as you can be without being Browns level terrible and they'd be the fourth best team in the West had the Chargers not sustained so many injuries to this point.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-03-2016, 02:29 PM
Need that cartoon dog on fire pic...Everything is ok!

Bowser
10-03-2016, 02:31 PM
Need that cartoon dog on fire pic...Everything is ok!OP -

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-64231-this-is-fine-dog-fire-comic-Im-N7mp.png

Everyone else -

http://i.imgur.com/43N12iQ.gif

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-03-2016, 02:34 PM
I'm just getting everyone going so I can shove all this negative garbage back down your pipes

Pasta Little Brioni
10-03-2016, 02:35 PM
I predict a return of the creature avs after our trip to that dump in Oakland.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-03-2016, 02:35 PM
I'm just getting everyone going so I can shove all this negative garbage back down your pipes

Creature Don't care bruh. It will feast.

Baby Lee
10-03-2016, 02:52 PM
As bad as yesterday was, the glory of the NFL is it still only counts as one loss.
No different in the big picture than if we'd had a defensive stalemate or a gunslinging shootout decided at the gun by a missed FG.
Plus, it was a road loss
Minus, it was a conference loss.

Other than that, it's history. On to the next opponent.

Everyone can spitter and sputter, but that's the way successful competitors look at it.

Easy 6
10-03-2016, 02:57 PM
As bad as yesterday was, the glory of the NFL is it still only counts as one loss.
No different in the big picture than if we'd had a defensive stalemate or a gunslinging shootout decided at the gun by a missed FG.
Plus, it was a road loss
Minus, it was a conference loss.

Other than that, it's history. On to the next opponent.

Everyone can spitter and sputter, but that's the way successful competitors look at it.

It isnt just that we lost, its HOW we lost

The Chiefs were absolutely unprepared in every single phase of the game, that is inexcuseable

Hammock Parties
10-03-2016, 02:59 PM
https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/b0guAMzUKTcAUFx2fImskg--/YXBwaWQ9bWFnYXppbmVzO3c9ODAw/https://s.yimg.com/os/en-us/homerun/Hitfix/5cc45d548cbeb82d6e127bb3e1c2d011

Baby Lee
10-03-2016, 03:04 PM
It isnt just that we lost, its HOW we lost

The Chiefs were absolutely unprepared in every single phase of the game, that is inexcuseable

No one's looking for excuses.

The loss will be a loss tomorrow, and in preseason 2017, and in 2150.

Doesn't have anything to do with how best to prepare to play the Raiders in two weeks.

Hammock Parties
10-03-2016, 03:15 PM
how best to prepare to play the Raiders in two weeks.

http://liarcity.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Jim-Jones-Getty-Images-e1366632634555.jpg

Beef Supreme
10-03-2016, 03:19 PM
http://liarcity.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Jim-Jones-Getty-Images-e1366632634555.jpg

ROFL

Mr. Laz
10-03-2016, 03:28 PM
No one's looking for excuses.

The loss will be a loss tomorrow, and in preseason 2017, and in 2150.

Doesn't have anything to do with how best to prepare to play the Raiders in two weeks.
Yea, but the poor way we prepare for the Steelers is definitely an issue when it comes to how well we are probably going to prepare for the Raiders and other future games.

Shitty trends tend to remain shitty

RippedmyFlesh
10-03-2016, 03:36 PM

http://www.betterthanpants.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/176x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/h/o/how-sprinkles-are-made-tshirt-thumbnail.jpg

Bugeater
10-03-2016, 05:03 PM
Serious question here:

Uhhh...read some of TigerHomerbone's retarded posts.

xztop123
10-03-2016, 05:19 PM
The problems are basically in order of suckage

1) Zombo. Literally never gets pressure - Houston will fix this

2) D-line pass rush. not sure whos sucking hard but I dont think Bailey has any pass rush moves, its time to play the guy we drafted, and maybe start him.

3) The offense was at its best with West, not Ware. West is the best pass catching RB on the team and is ideal for the offense, that needs a Brian Westbrook presence.

4) Reid has some weird playcalling idiosyncrasies.... That fake bubble screen quick slant play ALWAYS works but he only uses it ONE time per game... usually the first drive... Does he think that using it more than once simply will not work? I don't understand this.

5) its very possible Doug Pederson was responsible for the success we had last year and that without him we will keep seeing odd playcalling.

chiefzilla1501
10-03-2016, 05:59 PM
The problems are basically in order of suckage

1) Zombo. Literally never gets pressure - Houston will fix this

2) D-line pass rush. not sure whos sucking hard but I dont think Bailey has any pass rush moves, its time to play the guy we drafted, and maybe start him.

3) The offense was at its best with West, not Ware. West is the best pass catching RB on the team and is ideal for the offense, that needs a Brian Westbrook presence.

4) Reid has some weird playcalling idiosyncrasies.... That fake bubble screen quick slant play ALWAYS works but he only uses it ONE time per game... usually the first drive... Does he think that using it more than once simply will not work? I don't understand this.

5) its very possible Doug Pederson was responsible for the success we had last year and that without him we will keep seeing odd playcalling.

In that order? The Chiefs have played 8 halves this year. The Chiefs' D showed up for 5 of 8 of those halves. Our offense has shown up for 2 or 3 of 8, and that's being generous since the Jets game was gift wrapped for the offense.

Actually, let's run that over Reid's entire run. The % seems about the same. The defense showed up 75% of the time, the offense showed up 25% of the time. And the offense has no excuses. They are playing with better talent this year than the one they had to end last year. A big chunk of last night's blame can be attributed to lack of a pass rush and DJ White, backups forced into a starting role due to injury. The offensive problems are primarily on the shoulders of Andy Reid and Alex Smith, two guys who are not injured whatsoever. That's cause for concern.

xztop123
10-03-2016, 06:24 PM
In that order? The Chiefs have played 8 halves this year. The Chiefs' D showed up for 5 of 8 of those halves. Our offense has shown up for 2 or 3 of 8, and that's being generous since the Jets game was gift wrapped for the offense.

Actually, let's run that over Reid's entire run. The % seems about the same. The defense showed up 75% of the time, the offense showed up 25% of the time. And the offense has no excuses. They are playing with better talent this year than the one they had to end last year. A big chunk of last night's blame can be attributed to lack of a pass rush and DJ White, backups forced into a starting role due to injury. The offensive problems are primarily on the shoulders of Andy Reid and Alex Smith, two guys who are not injured whatsoever. That's cause for concern.

Well the two fumbles cost us points both games. A lot of people just look at the score board and determine how well the offense is playing (or isnt playing) Had the Hill Td's held up it would look like our o is doing better than it is. Yards and stuff the O isn't doing that terribly.

My issue with the offense is that it takes so long to get plays in. So far everytime we let Smith run a no huddle, we've had success but Reid seems like a control freak with the playcalling.

chiefzilla1501
10-03-2016, 06:36 PM
Well the two fumbles cost us points both games. A lot of people just look at the score board and determine how well the offense is playing (or isnt playing) Had the Hill Td's held up it would look like our o is doing better than it is. Yards and stuff the O isn't doing that terribly.

My issue with the offense is that it takes so long to get plays in. So far everytime we let Smith run a no huddle, we've had success but Reid seems like a control freak with the playcalling.

For one game, sure. But I'll look at the long-term view on this....

New problems: Plays are taking even longer to get in than the slow time it took last year. Our over-reliance on the sideway screen game -- we're throwing sideways passes that aren't working over and over and over again even when we're down by 2, 3, 4 TDs. Alex Smith can't see beyond his initial read -- arguably, he's gotten worse with a better OL, as interestingly he isn't running as much as he used to. It seems like his game is maybe built off of one read, then run... not a trend I'm terribly excited about.

Old problems: Alex Smith has no urgency whatsoever until he's down 2-3 scores, or down a score in the 4th. Andy Reid's game management still sucks.

Reid/Dorsey made the strategic decision to invest a lot in the pass offense. To the point where I believe it's eating big time into our defense. The problem is, the D is understandably declining and the O is getting worse despite better talent. That's cause for concern and right now, Reid and Smith, the two guys who are our mainstays are the biggest part of our problem. By a mile.

tecumseh
10-03-2016, 06:57 PM
Yep. Blahblahblah. After last night, I'm ready to see what Foles can do. I know Andy calls the plays but the QB can audible.

tecumseh
10-03-2016, 06:58 PM
Last night Smith played like Bambi lost in the woods. #$%^ Composure. Show some emotion.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-03-2016, 07:13 PM
Uhhh...read some of TigerHomerbone's retarded posts.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-23-2016, 09:34 PM

3 weeks later...I just have to do it....*clears throat*

TOLD YA SO!

CHIEFS BABY!