PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Andy Reid has this team streaking all over the place

Mr. Flopnuts
10-03-2016, 12:30 PM
His first season we started off like 9-0 just to fall off a cliff and end 2-5. His 2nd season we started 2-2 then won 5 in a row, just to lose 4 out of 6. Last season we start off 1-5, to reel off 10 straight and a playoff win. What's it going to be this season? Either way we're going to win or lose a few games in a row coming off of our bye week. I wonder what causes this? Was it the same way in Philly? I haven't looked it up. It's weird that this team goes on these roller coasters though.

Honestly, and I know it'll draw some laughter around here but I predict we're going to finish 12-4 and win our first division championship since he's been here.

Bowser
10-03-2016, 12:31 PM
They're streaking horizontally pretty impressively, I'll give you that.

Simply Red
10-03-2016, 12:32 PM
His first season we started off like 9-0 just to fall off a cliff and end 2-5. His 2nd season we started 2-2 then won 5 in a row, just to lose 4 out of 6. Last season we start off 1-5, to reel off 10 straight and a playoff win. What's it going to be this season? Either way we're going to win or lose a few games in a row coming off of our bye week. I wonder what causes this? Was it the same way in Philly? I haven't looked it up. It's weird that this team goes on these roller coasters though.

Honestly, and I know it'll draw some laughter around here but I predict we're going to finish 12-4 and win our first division championship since he's been here.

I don't mind the optimism one bit. I hope you're right.

New World Order
10-03-2016, 12:32 PM
Maybe if we run into Landry Jones and Ryan Mallet we can go on a streak.

dls6501
10-03-2016, 12:33 PM
The good streaks always fall when we are playing the soft part of our schedule, against backup QBs, etc.

The good streaks are mirages with this team.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-03-2016, 12:37 PM

This team with all cylinders firing has the potential to be one of the best. We just need to get healthy and quit making stupid uncharacteristic mistakes.

thabear04

I say 10-6.

Discuss Thrower
They have effectively lost the division unless Simien is severely injured and Lynch is as bad as many here have crowed about.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-03-2016, 12:39 PM
I say 10-6.

Could be more accurate. Lose another 3 in a row and then win 8 of 9 to head into the playoffs.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-03-2016, 12:40 PM
They have effectively lost the division unless Simien is severely injured and Lynch is as bad as many here have crowed about.

Overreaction planet, fam.

Red Dawg
10-03-2016, 12:41 PM
This team with all cylinders firing has the potential to be one of the best. We just need to get healthy and quit making stupid uncharacteristic mistakes.

Getting a few td's may help as well.

New World Order
10-03-2016, 12:41 PM

Haha

Bowser
10-03-2016, 12:42 PM

"Firing on all cylinders" is one thing, but when was the last time you saw this team "firing on all cylinders" against a quality opponent? The Monday Night game against the Patriots in 2014? That's the problem with the Chiefs under Reid thus far - they play up (usually) against inferior teams and look good, and then they turn around and get clowned by the better teams. That has been a constant since Reid got here.

OnTheWarpath15
10-03-2016, 12:43 PM
They're streaking horizontally pretty impressively, I'll give you that.

All horizontals.

http://www.footballplaybookonline.com/PlayImages/1475519979522.png

Simply Red
10-03-2016, 12:44 PM
All horizontals.

YUS AND WHY?!?!?!?!? They never work for us. Yet they can't quit doing that bullshit!

TimBone
10-03-2016, 12:44 PM
The offensive mistakes are not uncharacteristic at this point.

Bowser
10-03-2016, 12:45 PM
Can't wait for Andy to realize Alex can get the ball out to Maclin two yards behind the line of scrimmage much faster if he just lines Alex up in shotgun behind the tackle and has Morse snap it to him over there.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-03-2016, 12:46 PM
"Firing on all cylinders" is one thing, but when was the last time you saw this team "firing on all cylinders" against a quality opponent? The Monday Night game against the Patriots in 2014? That's the problem with the Chiefs under Reid thus far - they play up (usually) against inferior teams and look good, and then they turn around and get clowned by the better teams. That has been a constant since Reid got here.

Better question, did you honestly think the outcome couldn't have changed in Foxboro last year with a healthy Charles, Maclin, and Houston??
This team has been fighting thru a ton of key injuries over the last few years: Charles, DJ, Gaines, Houston, Berry, Kelce, Fisher.

It's an anomaly and we have clearly outperformed expectations since the Reid era has started.

New World Order
10-03-2016, 12:47 PM
What playbook do we run? Air Coryell?

New World Order
10-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Better question, did you honestly think the outcome couldn't have changed in Foxboro last year with a healthy Charles, Maclin, and Houston??
This team has been fighting thru a ton of injuries over the last few years: Charles, DJ, Gaines, Houston, Berry, Kelce.

It's an anomaly and we have clearly outperformed expectations since the Reid era has started.

No

Bowser
10-03-2016, 12:52 PM
This team has been fighting thru a ton of key injuries over the last few years: Charles, DJ, Gaines, Houston, Berry, Kelce, Fisher.

No way to know. Andy would likely have turned to his small ball, horizontal offense in an attempt to keep Brady off the field, and it would have failed. A 15 play, 5 minute drive in the fourth quarter down by two TD's, only to score leaving 1:13 on the clock? That's not due to injured players being out. That's due to shitty play calling and game management.

The injuries certainly haven't helped anything, I'll agree there, but the injuries haven't dictated the coaching philosophies or game calling.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-03-2016, 01:06 PM
No way to know. Andy would likely have turned to his small ball, horizontal offense in an attempt to keep Brady off the field, and it would have failed. A 15 play, 5 minute drive in the fourth quarter down by two TD's, only to score leaving 1:13 on the clock? That's not due to injured players being out. That's due to shitty play calling and game management.

The injuries certainly haven't helped anything, I'll agree there, but the injuries haven't dictated the coaching philosophies or game calling.

But when you have an inexistent pass rush and your DB's are getting burned for 5 TD's.. how can you expect Reid to get creative on offense against a defense that could get solid pressure rushing just 4 players? There's literally nothing in your playbook that can overcome that type of situation unless you are playing the Chargers, Falcons, or Saints pass defense.

Bowser
10-03-2016, 01:10 PM
But when you have an inexistent pass rush and your DB's are getting burned for 5 TD's.. how can you expect Reid to get creative on offense against a defense that could get solid pressure rushing just 4 players? There's literally nothing in your playbook that can overcome that type of situation unless you are playing the Chargers, Falcons, or Saints pass defense.

The Steelers knew what to do - make Alex uncomfortable to begin the game and watch him make shit decisions the rest of it. Alex got happy feet as much as he got pressure, because Alex doesn't operate well if everything isn't going perfectly. Add in the shit playcalling, and you get the turdburger that was served up last night.

Want to beat the Chiefs? Be aggressive on both sides of the ball. Pittsburgh played us perfectly last night, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Raiders copy that plan to a T and still win comfortably in two weeks.

temper11
10-03-2016, 01:18 PM
I don't mind the optimism one bit. I hope you're right.

Seconded. No snickers from me Flopnuts. Good time for the bye week except for the fact that CP will eat itself for two weeks. I'm still optimistic that they get shit figured out like last year - I'm not predicting 10 straight... but they still have both games vs. raiders and broncs in front of them. Season is still there if they can pull their head out.

notorious
10-03-2016, 01:20 PM
Nothing surprises me anymore, Flop.

The Chiefs don't play a stretch of mediocre teams this year, though. That might throw a wrench in the gears.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-03-2016, 01:23 PM
The Steelers knew what to do - make Alex uncomfortable to begin the game and watch him make shit decisions the rest of it. Alex got happy feet as much as he got pressure, because Alex doesn't operate well if everything isn't going perfectly. Add in the shit playcalling, and you get the turdburger that was served up last night.

Want to beat the Chiefs? Be aggressive on both sides of the ball. Pittsburgh played us perfectly last night, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Raiders copy that plan to a T and still win comfortably in two weeks.

The first drive went fine and ended with a punt into their 5. Defense holds. Then of course ware fumbles in our own red zone to start our second drive, giving them an easy TD. Then a terrible screen pass by Smith where Ware got caught in traffic (wasn't even pressure on smith) and everything unraveled from there.

From then on, it was just rush 4 (Yet somehow getting adequate pressure) and playing prevent. There was an embarrassing play of both Kelce and fisher trying to stop Harrison and Smith got drilled in the chest. Just unacceptable. It was an absolute team failure.

temper11
10-03-2016, 01:24 PM
All horizontals.

This is what is driving me the most crazy. As a 9ers fan, I am a big fan of the west coast offense, but that is a bunch of short to medium throws mixed with an effective run game and then being opportunistic with the big down field plays.... what we are seeing here, is just a ridiculous amount of behind the line of scrimmage passes that are GOING NOWHERE. This is not the west coast offense as I've known it. God damn... last year, you gave the calling to Pederson and Smith and rolled off 10 straight. Give the damn calling to someone else Reid. Clearly you are a great football coach, but your play calling sucks.

FringeNC
10-03-2016, 01:29 PM
Three points:

1.) Does Andy Heck run some type of ridiculously hard to learn blocking scheme? Seems that the every single year he has been here that the offensive line can't pass block until mid season if ever.

2.) Sutton seems to refuse to adjust coverage schemes even if we aren't getting pressure. If we get pressure, his D works fantastically. If not, worst in the league.

3.) We got manhandled in the trenches last night. Is that scheme or personnel or players sometimes not showing up because Reid is such a players' coach? Terrible on both sides last night.

Beef Supreme
10-03-2016, 03:36 PM
The way I see it, the chances of going on a long losing streak are better than going on a long winning streak.

Rasputin
10-03-2016, 04:51 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1jWmvtBZSaI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wouldn't want to imagine Andy Reid streaking all over the place.

Deberg_1990
10-03-2016, 04:59 PM
Andy seems bored.

Maybe Dorsey will fire him?

KCUnited
10-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Andy reports to Clark.

KChiefs1
10-03-2016, 05:10 PM
Andy's Chiefs are slow starters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rasputin
10-03-2016, 06:05 PM
A brown streak in Andy Reid underwear.

Rasputin
10-03-2016, 06:12 PM
Andy reports to Clark.

Clarks dad was about loyalty but I think Clark is about results and hates losing. So with him getting rid of Pioli regime I wonder how his loyalty is going to sit with Andy Reid? That also said I think Clark is going be more loyal to Andy Reid for a reason that he knows he can get or draw a big name HC if he does show loyalty because the next coach will want the same longevity without fear of fired after a couple of years.

I just don't think Clark is going put up with back to back losing years but we just came off a playoff win so Andy is safe and will probably get an extension anyways.

MahiMike
10-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Streakers. Don't look Alice!

Mr. Flopnuts
10-03-2016, 06:18 PM
Clarks dad was about loyalty but I think Clark is about results and hates losing. So with him getting rid of Pioli regime I wonder how his loyalty is going to sit with Andy Reid? That also said I think Clark is going be more loyal to Andy Reid for a reason that he knows he can get or draw a big name HC if he does show loyalty because the next coach will want the same longevity without fear of fired after a couple of years.

I just don't think Clark is going put up with back to back losing years but we just came off a playoff win so Andy is safe and will probably get an extension anyways.

Hate to say it, but we've got Andy and Dorsey for a decade. He is his father's son. Hopefully John can get this team strong enough to counter Andy's fetish of trying to outsmart the league.