PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Burnt Ends: How We Do It

gblowfish
10-04-2016, 11:36 AM
Sorry if a Q...this is more of a BBQ Q.

Burnt Ends is a KC BBQ thing: Here's a good primer, first two chapters:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bal0-6KX6K8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/58xq0N25djs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Titty Meat
10-04-2016, 11:42 AM
Is Plowboys any good?

In58men
10-04-2016, 12:02 PM
Arthur Bryant's would be good if they didn't smother their burnt ends.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-04-2016, 12:52 PM
did LC's a couple weeks back, their burnt ends were terribad

TimBone
10-04-2016, 01:04 PM
did LC's a couple weeks back, their burnt ends were terribad
Yeah, that place is hit or miss. When they're on though, it's good.

Fish
10-04-2016, 01:09 PM
Arthur Bryant's would be good if they didn't smother their burnt ends.

Ask for it dry next time, dummy.

In58men
10-04-2016, 01:11 PM

It was my first time there, I wasn't too sure how they prepared them.

ClevelandBronco
10-04-2016, 02:20 PM
Hali is a burnt edge.

Fire Me Boy!
10-04-2016, 02:26 PM
Chapter 3

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WzV8paETUR0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gblowfish
10-04-2016, 02:46 PM
Burnt ends have never been my go to choice because of the consistency question. Sometimes they can be very tasty, sometimes they're fatty and rubbery and nasty. The best I've had has been from Smokin' Guns in NKC. Gates were terrible, greasy and nasty. Each BBQ place in KC has something they excel at, just have to know what to ask for in each joint.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-04-2016, 02:51 PM
I've been thinking about trying Smokin Guns next time I go to Harrah's. Thanks for the tip George! Burnt ends are my favorite.

Believe it or not there is a place in Springfield MO that has some of the best burnt ends I've EVER had. Place called City Butcher. Line goes out the door every weekday just like KC and when they're out of shit, they're out. So if you're in town, go early if you want those. I was blown away.

Prison Bitch
10-04-2016, 03:00 PM

-why would anyone want to imagine that?

Iowanian
10-04-2016, 03:21 PM
I don't own a smoker, and outside of helping occasionally with an electric box smoker at work don't have much experience.

This weekend I hosted a pretty large party. I had a buddy bring over a trailer smoker and we used hickory, apple and peach wood I cut from my orchard to smoke pork loins. It's not often I have an entire day to do stuff like that, but we started at 7am(after a late night of celebrating the night before) and had the meal ready to go by 5:30.

The pork loins were very successful and my buddy is talented. I learned a lot by spending the day with him(in between cleaning and getting ready). I'd imagine I'll have a smoker before long and try to do a lot more myself.

I'd guess I'll end up with a lot of burt ends....too burned to eat.

Fire Me Boy!
10-04-2016, 03:23 PM
Burnt ends have never been my go to choice because of the consistency question. Sometimes they can be very tasty, sometimes they're fatty and rubbery and nasty. The best I've had has been from Smokin' Guns in NKC. Gates were terrible, greasy and nasty. Each BBQ place in KC has something they excel at, just have to know what to ask for in each joint.

I'll always pick burnt ends. It's my favorite thing, but it is kind of dangerous from a consistency POV. But when they're good, there's nothing better. I'll take that chance.

:drool:

MTG#10
10-04-2016, 03:53 PM
Believe it or not there is a place in Springfield MO that has some of the best burnt ends I've EVER had. Place called City Butcher. Line goes out the door every weekday just like KC and when they're out of shit, they're out. So if you're in town, go early if you want those. I was blown away.

City Butcher is the only good BBQ joint in the area in my opinion and I've been to all of them more than once. Before they opened up Springfield BBQ was a disgrace. They have very good burnt ends and the best brisket I've ever had. Don't care much for any of their pork though.

Supposedly they opened or are opening a location downtown that will be open all day and for dinner and "wont run out". What that means to me though is it wont be as fresh, so I'll stick to their original location on S Campbell.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-04-2016, 04:17 PM
City Butcher is the only good BBQ joint in the area in my opinion and I've been to all of them more than once. Before they opened up Springfield BBQ was a disgrace. They have very good burnt ends and the best brisket I've ever had. Don't care much for any of their pork though.

Supposedly they opened or are opening a location downtown that will be open all day and for dinner and "wont run out". What that means to me though is it wont be as fresh, so I'll stick to their original location on S Campbell.

The guy that owns it is a pro. Their brisket chili is fucking fire, isn't it? My God. I may have to take a trip up there in the morning. I've got a craving all of a sudden. I agree with you though on the S Campbell location. It's far more convenient for me anyways, and the food is fresh. I think sell it until it runs out is a great idea.

MTG#10
10-04-2016, 04:21 PM
The guy that owns it is a pro. Their brisket chili is fucking fire, isn't it? My God. I may have to take a trip up there in the morning. I've got a craving all of a sudden. I agree with you though on the S Campbell location. It's far more convenient for me anyways, and the food is fresh. I think sell it until it runs out is a great idea.

Haven't tried the chili, I always just buy brisket and/or burnt ends by the pound but I will try some when it gets colder outside.

In order to run a BBQ joint that never runs out around this area there's going to be some reheating of meat the next day. That's why I'm 99% sure the S Campbell location will still be better.

threebag
10-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Burnt end, like meat candy. I guess i will pull a brisket out of the freezer. You fuckers and your food threads and posts. Damn you

scho63
10-04-2016, 08:26 PM
Nice post! Gives those of us outside of KC and not BBQ cooks a good lesson and background on Burnt Ends.

The first time I had them they were too greasy at a place here in the DMV. Jack Stacks were pretty good. A place called Willard's BBQ does them pretty good here in Chantilly VA.

Psyko Tek
10-04-2016, 08:37 PM

why ask why,
take it dry

Fire Me Boy!
10-04-2016, 08:39 PM
Nice post! Gives those of us outside of KC and not BBQ cooks a good lesson and background on Burnt Ends.

The first time I had them they were too greasy at a place here in the DMV. Jack Stacks were pretty good. A place called Willard's BBQ does them pretty good here in Chantilly VA.

Fuck Jack Stack and their cubed brisket.

threebag
10-04-2016, 08:41 PM
When we BBQ at home i can't hide my ends from my kids. Its crazy

Even when i am slicing i have 3 or 4 hands reaching in for the pieces with nice bark.

Groves
10-04-2016, 09:26 PM

My understanding is the downtown location will be open in the later part of the day, but not when the Campbell location is open.

Remember, their winning business formula was, "Stay open til you run out, which is going to be earlier than you think." This created a huge demand (the Q is top notch too, of course)

They said they didn't want their stores in competition with each other. That's just multiple-location-speak for, "High demand for our product is goooood for business and we shant purposefully lower it."

Dang good BBQ!

Nickhead
10-04-2016, 11:49 PM
ordered me a brisket for next week. i dont smoke beef often. so if anyone wants to add their beef 'rub' recipe i may take a looksee.

i will be smoking it with briquettes and cherry, peach wood.

not worried about number of people per serving, but what would be a good weight for a brisket. i ordered a 3 kilo, but i think that will be too small?

Demonpenz
10-05-2016, 12:51 AM
bb's lawnside and bbq always have good ends.

MTG#10
10-05-2016, 04:29 PM
Fuck Jack Stack and their cubed brisket.

Not defending Jack Stack, I dont care for their overpriced menu at all but all restaurants serve "cubed brisket" as burnt ends. Its the only way to meet the demand.

Fire Me Boy!
10-05-2016, 04:34 PM
Not defending Jack Stack, I dont care for their overpriced menu at all but all restaurants serve "cubed brisket" as burnt ends. Its the only way to meet the demand.

Fuck anyone who does that. Especially Jack Stack, since that's the only place I've been served fake burnt ends.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-05-2016, 04:34 PM
Haven't tried the chili, I always just buy brisket and/or burnt ends by the pound but I will try some when it gets colder outside.

In order to run a BBQ joint that never runs out around this area there's going to be some reheating of meat the next day. That's why I'm 99% sure the S Campbell location will still be better.

Agreed. Totally try that chili. When you see how much it costs you're going to doubt yourself, buy it! There's no beans. It's all brisket, and it's easily over a pound for the large. It is fucking no less than amazing!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
10-05-2016, 04:35 PM
When we BBQ at home i can't hide my ends from my kids. Its crazy

Even when i am slicing i have 3 or 4 hands reaching in for the pieces with nice bark.

I am a jealous man. Teach me your ways!

stevieray
10-05-2016, 04:43 PM
Woodyard

Dunit35
10-05-2016, 05:03 PM
I'd love to smoke a brisket. It's the one meat I haven't tried. It's too expensive to mess up.

TinyEvel
10-05-2016, 05:09 PM
That Mr. Burns sandwich at Q39 is :drool:

kysirsoze
10-05-2016, 06:47 PM

There's a difference. Yes, all places manufacture burnt ends at this point, but Jack Stacks are not right. They are the wrong part of the brisket or something. It's really just cubed brisket. Not the chewy, crunchy, fatty, delicious burnt ends served at Bryant's, Joe's, etc.

Couch-Potato
10-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Jack Stack & Gates!

SAUTO
10-05-2016, 07:06 PM
ordered me a brisket for next week. i dont smoke beef often. so if anyone wants to add their beef 'rub' recipe i may take a looksee.

i will be smoking it with briquettes and cherry, peach wood.

not worried about number of people per serving, but what would be a good weight for a brisket. i ordered a 3 kilo, but i think that will be too small? that's kinda small.

MahiMike
10-05-2016, 07:19 PM
I'm so hungry now!

MahiMike
10-05-2016, 07:21 PM
I'm going to smoke me a brisket during the hurricane party this weekend on my big green egg

threebag
10-05-2016, 07:34 PM
that's kinda small.

Sounds like a trimmed flat. Dry and tough

Nickhead
10-05-2016, 11:55 PM
that's kinda small.

i was thinking the same. when i buy a silverside, its around 2 kilo's. that feeds the five of us with leftovers. but given its going on the smoker, i think i may need to bump to 4-5 kilos. now that said, because this is not a normal cut, i do not know if it will be a true brisket cut. im gonna go see the butcher tomorrow and inquire. (you cannot get proper ribs here either as most chops are bone in.) so we will see what happens.

got a brisket rub to recommend, to make? cant buy smoker rubs here.

rabblerouser
10-06-2016, 06:37 AM
There's a difference. Yes, all places manufacture burnt ends at this point, but Jack Stacks are not right. They are the wrong part of the brisket or something. It's really just cubed brisket. Not the chewy, crunchy, fatty, delicious burnt ends served at Bryant's, Joe's, etc.

Ends are from the point. Always.

When the main brisket is done, you cut off the point, add more rub, and put it back in the smoker for an extra hour.

If it's not from the point then it's not burnt ends.

Groves
10-06-2016, 08:45 AM
Here's more info on the downtown City Butcher location. Looks like they're innovating. I like.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/news/business/2016/10/05/gregslist-cb-social-house-has-barbecue-but-s-not-barbecue-joint/90785146/

gblowfish
10-06-2016, 08:53 AM
i was thinking the same. when i buy a silverside, its around 2 kilo's. that feeds the five of us with leftovers. but given its going on the smoker, i think i may need to bump to 4-5 kilos. now that said, because this is not a normal cut, i do not know if it will be a true brisket cut. im gonna go see the butcher tomorrow and inquire. (you cannot get proper ribs here either as most chops are bone in.) so we will see what happens.

got a brisket rub to recommend, to make? cant buy smoker rubs here.

Rubs usually have a combination of these ingredients: Black pepper, cumin, onion powder, chili powder, brown sugar, garlic powder, kosher salt, paprika, and if you want some bite use some cayenne pepper. How you mix all this up is totally up to you. Coat the meat, but don't over-do it. You don't want a giant pile of rub sitting on top of the meat. You may want to rub the meat with canola oil or yellow mustard to help hold the rub in place.

MTG#10
10-06-2016, 11:25 AM
Iowanian in reference to your rep comment:

Yes I have, and its fucking terrible. Probably the worst Ive ever had other than Heady's in Republic. He got his start at Buckingham's, worked his way up to management then opened Bubba's to try and compete with them. Not a big fan of Buckingham's but they're 100 times better than Bubba's...

Nickhead
10-06-2016, 01:27 PM
Rubs usually have a combination of these ingredients: Black pepper, cumin, onion powder, chili powder, brown sugar, garlic powder, kosher salt, paprika, and if you want some bite use some cayenne pepper. How you mix all this up is totally up to you. Coat the meat, but don't over-do it. You don't want a giant pile of rub sitting on top of the meat. You may want to rub the meat with canola oil or yellow mustard to help hold the rub in place.

i have a couple pork rubs i use, i was moreso looking for a beef rub. general spices that is. and i always use yellow mustard for my binder :D

Fire Me Boy!
10-06-2016, 01:29 PM
i have a couple pork rubs i use, i was moreso looking for a beef rub. general spices that is. and i always use yellow mustard for my binder :D

I know you're looking for personal experience; I don't think most of the guys here have a go-to recipe. I know I don't have one I always go to.

You're best bet (as I've mentioned before) is to Google and find one that has a lot of high-star reviews. I believe I pointed you to a couple in another thread.

Iowanian
10-06-2016, 01:30 PM
Iowanian in reference to your rep comment:

Yes I have, and its ****ing terrible. Probably the worst Ive ever had other than Heady's in Republic. He got his start at Buckingham's, worked his way up to management then opened Bubba's to try and compete with them. Not a big fan of Buckingham's but they're 100 times better than Bubba's...

I guess that's good to know.

Nickhead
10-06-2016, 01:31 PM
I know you're looking for personal experience; I don't think most of the guys here have a go-to recipe. I know I don't have one I always go to.

You're best bet (as I've mentioned before) is to Google and find one that has a lot of high-star reviews. I believe I pointed you to a couple in another thread.

yeah i planned to, just thought id pick the cp brain first :D

tooge
10-06-2016, 01:33 PM

When the main brisket is done, you cut off the point, add more rub, and put it back in the smoker for an extra hour.

This! The point is much more marbled with fat than the flat. You chop up the point into chunks, and it's real burnt ends. Many places just cube up the ends of the flat since they don't slice very easily as they are overdone. Thats not real burnt ends because the meat is entirely different.

MTG#10
10-06-2016, 01:33 PM

For beef keeping it simple is best. I like to use coarse salt, fresh ground black pepper and garlic powder. Occasionally maybe a little paprika or cayenne pepper but those main three are plenty for brisket.

MTG#10
10-06-2016, 01:39 PM
I guess that's good to know.

I got the 5 meat sampler too. The "burnt ends" were nothing more than fatty cubed up roast. None of the meats had even a hint of smoke flavor, they all tasted like they were cooked in a crock pot.

I'm convinced that most online reviews for restaurants are fake and added by family/friends because Bubba's has amazing reviews online but I dont know one person that likes it.

Nickhead
10-06-2016, 10:50 PM
I got the 5 meat sampler too. The "burnt ends" were nothing more than fatty cubed up roast. None of the meats had even a hint of smoke flavor, they all tasted like they were cooked in a crock pot.

I'm convinced that most online reviews for restaurants are fake and added by family/friends because Bubba's has amazing reviews online but I dont know one person that likes it.

recipes are terrible too depending on what and who provided it. i have made several recipes from online and some have turned out NOTHING like advertised :D

Nickhead
10-07-2016, 01:24 AM
forgot to mention, i called the butcher and told him to cut me the entire brisket. said it would be around 4 kilo's, or 9 pounds. we will see come tuesday. will post pics before during and after for this one. i will dry rub marinate for four days. will find a rub i like between now and then.

i hope its a true brisket (usa) cut, we will see.

(i have noticed there is such a trend for organic farm food or free range meats. it is way less fatty than what i was used to in kansas. they dont even have '80/20' type meats. its all one thing, as lean as possible.)

rabblerouser
10-07-2016, 08:49 AM

Brown sugar, cumin, white pepper, black pepper

Done

rabblerouser
10-07-2016, 08:50 AM
This! The point is much more marbled with fat than the flat. You chop up the point into chunks, and it's real burnt ends. Many places just cube up the ends of the flat since they don't slice very easily as they are overdone. Thats not real burnt ends because the meat is entirely different.

It's a fucking travesty.

2bikemike
10-07-2016, 09:53 AM

It's a ****ing travesty.

Yep! If they aren't running out they aren't using just the point. And what the hell is Jack Stack saying on their menu under Burnt Ends: Beef, Ham Pork or Sausage?

2bikemike
10-08-2016, 10:22 AM
Has anybody seen the Chapter 4 Video? The end of Chapter 3 mentions it. I can't find it.

Groves
10-09-2016, 09:25 AM
Has anybody seen the Chapter 4 Video? The end of Chapter 3 mentions it. I can't find it.

It's not done yet. They cut it off, re seasoned, and put it back in for a while.

Dinny Bossa Nova
10-09-2016, 09:29 AM
It's not done yet. They cut it off, re seasoned, and put it back in for a while.

ROFLROFLROFL

Perfect!

Gold, Groves.

24K.

Dinny

Nickhead
10-13-2016, 10:14 PM
so i have the 'brisket' in the fridge, mustard binder, paprika, salt, brown sugar, garlic and onion powder, mustard powder, pepper, chili flakes.

now, the cut, is somewhat laughable. but its a 6 pound flat, i think. but it presents a dilemma. its quite 'thin' and that it may cook too fast, about an inch and a half (maybe). so i have two options. smoke as is, and wrap halfway thru. or roll it up. but if i roll it up, the rubs will be inside too (i just dont know if this is a good thing or bad. i would think it would just enhance the inner meats).

heres a pic, tell me your ideas.

Nickhead
10-14-2016, 12:17 AM
have an idea: what if i smoke it as a slab for a few hours, THEN roll it, smoke it, then maybe wrap it?

ETA: i know no one is going to be able to reply soon enough to impact this cook as in ten hours, it will be on the smoker. it will be nice though afterwards being able to talk about it.

expanding on idea: given its not a true brisket, i am going to roll it, but i will too line the inside swirl with smoked bacon strips, maybe some fresh herbs, we will see.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-14-2016, 06:36 AM
Aussie brisket lulz

bricks
10-14-2016, 08:15 AM
There is a famous Kansas City song by Fats Domino.

In the song it goes, "there's some pretty little women there and I'm gonna get me one."

Since I struggle in that category of life, I say, "they got some pretty little BBQ and I'm gonna get me some."

*I figure if you don't have the woman, at least you got some BBQ and beer! Rock on Kansas citians!!! Rock on!!!

Dinny Bossa Nova
10-14-2016, 08:46 AM
so i have the 'brisket' in the fridge, mustard binder, paprika, salt, brown sugar, garlic and onion powder, mustard powder, pepper, chili flakes.

now, the cut, is somewhat laughable. but its a 6 pound flat, i think. but it presents a dilemma. its quite 'thin' and that it may cook too fast, about an inch and a half (maybe). so i have two options. smoke as is, and wrap halfway thru. or roll it up. but if i roll it up, the rubs will be inside too (i just dont know if this is a good thing or bad. i would think it would just enhance the inner meats).

They sold you a goat brisket, mate. Next time specify beef.

Flats lend themselves very well to brining for corned beef.

I use Alton Brown's recipe with saltpeter.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/corned-beef-recipe.html

Makes great pastrami if you smoke it after the brine. YUM.

Dinny

gblowfish
10-14-2016, 10:58 AM
I'll try to embed the video, if it doesn't work, go here:
http://www.flatlandkc.org/digital-series/burnt-legend/chapter-4/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_Moa_v-bBo8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJ's left nut
10-14-2016, 11:15 AM
Gonna make some of these this weekend.

Sams Club will cut points off packer briskets and sell them to you if you ask them (they'll sell the flats on their own anyway). The other times I've made burnt ends I've done the whole brisket and then cut the point off afterwards; I'm hopeful this works as well so I can just make 10 lbs of burnt ends and call it good...

Fire Me Boy!
10-14-2016, 11:17 AM
Gonna make some of these this weekend.

Sams Club will cut points off packer briskets and sell them to you if you ask them (they'll sell the flats on their own anyway). The other times I've made burnt ends I've done the whole brisket and then cut the point off afterwards; I'm hopeful this works as well so I can just make 10 lbs of burnt ends and call it good...

:cuss:

I can't get points down here AT ALL. Nothing but flats, everywhere. Even asking the meat departments.

DJ's left nut
10-14-2016, 11:18 AM

I've realized that the points are very much like pork butts in their composition and how they cook. You'll even get an honest to god stall in there.

And you're all 100% correct - that's what makes burnt ends. Flat meat is nothing similar in that it doesn't have that marbled fat all throughout it that serves to almost fry the meat towards the end.

But hey, the Sams on Conley will cut some points off for ya if you ask so next time you get in the mood, swing on by there...

DJ's left nut
10-14-2016, 11:27 AM
:cuss:

I can't get points down here AT ALL. Nothing but flats, everywhere. Even asking the meat departments.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=106&pictureid=1808

Buck
10-14-2016, 11:29 AM
One of my bigger regrets in life is that I didn't stop to get bbq when i was in KC

Fire Me Boy!
10-14-2016, 11:32 AM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=106&pictureid=1808

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/57963965.jpg

Fire Me Boy!
10-14-2016, 11:32 AM
One of my bigger regrets in life is that I didn't stop to get bbq when i was in KC

That was stupid, Buck.

DJ's left nut
10-14-2016, 11:37 AM
That was stupid, Buck.

"One of my bigger regrets in life is when I went to The Spearmint Rhino and kept my eyes closed the whole time"....

What the fuck compels an out of towner who knows about KC barbecue to come into KC and not actually eat any.

Yeah, that's just stupid.

Nickhead
10-14-2016, 12:48 PM
Aussie brisket lulz

went to a different butcher yesterday and inquired about a usa cut brisket with pictures. he said just let them know in advance. explained the flat and the point. this butcher even has a board with beef cuts with the brisket. so next time it should be right.

Buck
10-14-2016, 01:22 PM
That was stupid, Buck.

"One of my bigger regrets in life is when I went to The Spearmint Rhino and kept my eyes closed the whole time"....

What the fuck compels an out of towner who knows about KC barbecue to come into KC and not actually eat any.

Yeah, that's just stupid.

I was only in KC for half a day and I was in the K/Arrowhead parking lots and relying on rides from either luv or bugeater. Not much I could do about it really.

The Franchise
10-14-2016, 01:26 PM
I was only in KC for half a day and I was in the K/Arrowhead parking lots and relying on rides from either luv or bugeater. Not much I could do about it really.

So we need to kick both of their asses then.

Nickhead
10-15-2016, 07:41 PM
okay, so i cooked my aussie brisket yesterday. after four hours, i layered bacon on the inside, and rolled it up. wrapped for a couple hours, then unwrapped, total cook time was about 10 hours. i got to try a couple bites when i cut it up and it was awesome and tender. had to go back down stairs, when i came back up it was gone. was just too small and we had about 15 family members over. i did smoke some sausages and chicken drumsticks too. the photo isnt the greatest as the fat cap is on top when i cut it. used hickory and cherry wood.

srvy
10-15-2016, 09:00 PM

Damn butcher trimmed every bit of fat off that brisket. You want that fat on smoke fat side up most will render and make a normal tough cut moist and tender. Trim that fat after the smoke if bothers ya. I don't see a point that's really a sad looking brisket. Also you can mix ya up a rub if it makes you happy google KC rub or do like most pros do at que contests. The Pat in course kosher salt or sea salt then pepper that bitch make it rain. Like a light dusting of snow not a blizzard. Really ask butcher if he can get brisket Packers in shrink wrap the fat won't be trimmed off.

Nickhead
10-15-2016, 09:57 PM
when i smoked as a slab, it was fat side up. when i rolled it, it was fat side out. had great flavor too.

srvy
10-15-2016, 10:11 PM
when i smoked as a slab, it was fat side up. when i rolled it, it was fat side out. had great flavor too.

yeah i was late to this thread the picture or
f that flat looked meager the finnished product looked much better. I hope the new butcher gets you closer to a real American brisket cut.

Nickhead
10-15-2016, 10:14 PM
yeah i was late to this thread the picture or
f that flat looked meager the finnished product looked much better. I hope the new butcher gets you closer to a real American brisket cut.

me too, then there will be enough for me to have as well :D

Fire Me Boy!
11-03-2016, 06:18 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NngI2VN_N8k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

scho63
11-03-2016, 08:36 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NngI2VN_N8k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That burnt end burger from Q39 was an absolute thing of beauty. I almost chewed through my computer screen. :drool::drool::drool:

Next trip to KC that is at the top of my list!