PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs LNBS: 10 things that need to happen after the bye

BossChief
10-10-2016, 10:58 PM
1) Justin Houston needs to get back. Quickly. The whole defense is predicated on putting pressure on opposing passers and forcing mistakes. With a hobbled Hali/underwhelming Dee Ford being the only immediate options as edge rushers (Dadi needs a ton more snaps, too) it's putting undue pressure on everyone else. The corners are having to cover longer. The DL isnt getting one on one looks, as much. All that changes after Houston gets back. He's gonna force RTs to step wide to protect the edge and utilize the TE to help block him and that helps everyone else. Without him, this team probably misses the playoffs.

2) Alex Smith needs to play like he did in the second half of 2013/his better games from 2015. If I were the coach, he would be on a short leash and expected to be highly effective to retain the starting spot. If he struggles against Oakland and NO, I'd split the practice starter reps with him and Foles the next week. This offense has too much talent to be this unproductive and Alex plays like a damn pussy out there. He needs to man up and lead this team or let Nick Foles take over.

3) Chris Jones needs to take over the starting spot from Allen Bailey. This kid is gonna be special and I think Bailey would be a great guy to rotate at both end spots. Whatever the reason, this kid is gonna be the "Marcus Peters of the DL" for us. No question about it. A very special player. When he's out there, he's constantly flashing BIGTIME ability. The DL needs a shakeup because they should be a lot more disruptive. I honestly think starting Jones would make a big difference on this defense.

4) Tyreek Hill needs to get the third most snaps of any WR on the roster going foreward or it's a coaching fail. Albert Wilson makes me want to kick puppies. I hate that no effort giving pussy. Tyreek has the talent to be a full blown difference maker on offense that's every bit as good as Percy Harvin was if used correctly. I said it while at camp after seeing him in person, this kid is going to be a star and its clear to see on game day what I was seeing in practice. I'm not surprised that he already has scored 4 touchdowns in 4 games (2 being called back for nonsense). This is going to sound absurd, but he just might be our *most skilled* offensive player. He has ELITE: speed, quickness, vision, field awareness, acceleration, spin move, and hands (I know he had the drops in one game, but he caught every pass I saw at camp and 2-3 of those were AMAZING catches. The kid needs to be on the field 60% of the time.

5) Jamaal Charles and Spencer Ware need to be our thunder and lightening and Andy Reid needs to run the ball a lot more. This has a chance to be the best 1-2 punch in the NFL and with the attention the rest of the offense should be getting, the RBs should be able to be very productive.

6) Eric Berry needs to play like a guy wanting to be paid like the best safety in the game. IMO he's taken a small step backwards from last year. He seems to be out of position on the deep ball more often than usual and he's s guy we need to be able to depend on. Step it up, Eric. We all want to see you earn that payday!

7) The OL needs to step up. I think they are playing better than it appears due to Alex playing like a coward, but the unit needs to step up. We simply have too much invested in the OL for them to not play like a top 5 OL. They need to come out and make a statement against Oakland and allow the offense to operate effectively. The guys have been playing together for long enough that they should start to show the cohesion you want/need upfront. It's gonna be troubling if they have a lot of difficulty with Oaklands from 7.

8) Phillip Gaines need to get/stay healthy. No question about it, this is a better defense with Gaines out there. This is a very important year for this young Chiefs team and guys like Phillip, specifically. If he can stay on the field and continue to improve, the defense will be a lot better come playoff time and going into next year.

9) Marcus Peters needs to stay focused on the goal and keep his cool in heated matchups. We need him at his best, to improve on defense. Honestly, I think he plays much better when truly challenged and emotionally invested, but he needs to be aware that opposing QBs will be trying to fool him and he needs to be smart about his gambles.

10) WRs and TEs need to maximize opportunities. With Alex Smith, these guys need to make sure they secure every catch and get every yard they can after the catch. These drops by Maclin have been game changers and we really need him to be dependable for the offense to be effective. Same goes with Kelce, Harris, Travis, Hill, Wilson, Thomas, and the backs....everybody needs to be blocking and fighting for every yard and score.

I still think this team has the potential to go deep in the playoffs, but a few guys need to step their game up for us to do so.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2016, 11:06 PM
I've been very impressed with Tyreek hill and his 11 catches for 67 yards. His longest catch has been 13 yards, but that's a BIG gain in this offense. That's like a deep bomb in any other offense.

His elite speed is showing up big time on these short gains. Those gains would probably be losses if not for his blinding jets!

If he works really hard we could have the next Dexter McCluster on our hands in year two. We all remember what an impact player he was for this team.

DaneMcCloud
10-10-2016, 11:09 PM
I've been very impressed with Tyreek hill and his 11 catches for 67 yards. His longest catch has been 13 yards, but that's a BIG gain in this offense. That's like a deep bomb in any other offense.

His elite speed is showing up big time on these short gains. Those gains would probably be losses if not for his blinding jets!

If he works really hard we could have the next Dexter McCluster on our hands in year two. We all remember what an impact player he was for this team.

Yeah, 2 TD's in 4 games for a part time player really sucks.

The Chiefs should cut him immediately for being a waste of a roster spot.

dj56dt58
10-10-2016, 11:17 PM
Yeah, 2 TD's in 4 games for a part time player really sucks.

The Chiefs should cut him immediately for being a waste of a roster spot.

Chiefsplanet should cut your for being a waste of a chiefsplanet member

PutQuinnIn
10-10-2016, 11:17 PM
Need to pump the brakes on Justin Houston. Look at Charles and his slow transition. He's not going to be 100% upon being eligbible to practice and then play.

BossChief
10-10-2016, 11:18 PM
I know you're being intentionally obtuse, GoChiefs.

He could have already had 5 or 6 TDs.

He's scored twice that stood, had 2 ST TDs called back, Alex overthrew him at least once for a TD...

And that's just in his first 4 games of his rookie season.

David Culley just gushes about Hills potential, too. Says he has gotten better each day and that he has the skill to be an outside receiver, not just a slot guy.

I hope the kid keeps his hands off women.

If he does, he's gonna be a star.

BossChief
10-10-2016, 11:21 PM
Need to pump the brakes on Justin Houston. Look at Charles and his slow transition. He's not going to be 100% upon being eligbible to practice and then play.

You're talking about the small picture (the short term) where I'm looking at the big picture (Super Bowl chances)

Houston, Hali, Gaines and Charles don't need to be 100% at midseason...they need to be 100% by playoff time.

RobBlake
10-10-2016, 11:23 PM
Maclin needs to step the fuck up too

dj56dt58
10-10-2016, 11:25 PM
Maclin needs to step the **** up too

like holding onto the ball?

DaneMcCloud
10-10-2016, 11:39 PM
Chiefsplanet should cut your for being a waste of a chiefsplanet member

No one cares what you think.

But I have to say, you have a brilliant user name.

I'm not sure if Chiefs fans know the numbers worn by Derrick Thomas or Derrick Johnson.

Kudos.

dj56dt58
10-10-2016, 11:47 PM

I'm not sure if Chiefs fans know the numbers worn by Derrick Thomas or Derrick Johnson.

Kudos.

you've used that one before man. get some new material

Chief Northman
10-10-2016, 11:54 PM
You're talking about the small picture (the short term) where I'm looking at the big picture (Super Bowl chances)

Houston, Hali, Gaines and Charles don't need to be 100% at midseason...they need to be 100% by playoff time.

If the trend of the Chiefs looking lost and disinterested on the road continues, big picture won't matter.

The team will have to win games without some of the key contributors. Buffalo and Oakland have pedestrian schedules and will have an inside track to the wildcard. Even without a quality qb, Denver is still the class of the AFC west until proven otherwise.

Nickhead
10-11-2016, 12:29 AM
you've used that one before man. get some new material

just wait till you get to wear the banner i have :D

hill: under used
wilson: overused (1 snap is too many)
oline: i thought they would be top three
berry: go to oakland with your friend sean
maclin: hears footsteps, unsure of himself. dare i say even, injury prone.
kelce: worried about his tv show ratings
houston: we have a problem
jones: move to olb
kc offense: no more laterals

:D

Nickhead
10-11-2016, 12:31 AM

Kudos.

really? i got it in like four seconds. always great to start with a negative comment, and then compliment the same person. it makes them feel somehow validated for being irrelevant but yet having a creative name :D

Anyong Bluth
10-11-2016, 12:36 AM
Thanks, Boss!

Well done.

I think your #2 is shading your #7.

The oline has been terrible. No more. No less. Alex has been pathetic. I just see frustrations have hit a level where everyone is tired of excusing away or giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Bottom line is the line hasn't been giving close to consistent protection, AND when it has Alex hasn't stepped up and delivered.

When the Steelers have 2 sacks on the year and sacked him 3 times that's not serviceable. The line isn't doing Alex any favors, but he's not helping his case and equally failing.

BOTH had better improve if they want to turn their fortunes around.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-11-2016, 12:44 AM
Sio Moore gonna replace Lillard? Cause we are getting shredded on the ground and it's setting up our DBs for terrible 2nd and short situations

farmerchief
10-11-2016, 05:44 AM
1)

4) Tyreek Hill needs to get the third most snaps of any WR on the roster going foreward or it's a coaching fail. Albert Wilson makes me want to kick puppies. I hate that no effort giving pussy. Tyreek has the talent to be a full blown difference maker on offense that's every bit as good as Percy Harvin was if used correctly. I said it while at camp after seeing him in person, this kid is going to be a star and its clear to see on game day what I was seeing in practice. I'm not surprised that he already has scored 4 touchdowns in 4 games (2 being called back for nonsense). This is going to sound absurd, but he just might be our *most skilled* offensive player. He has ELITE: speed, quickness, vision, field awareness, acceleration, spin move, and hands (I know he had the drops in one game, but he caught every pass I saw at camp and 2-3 of those were AMAZING catches. The kid needs to be on the field 60% of the time.

You would think he would be used, as Pittsburgh is using Coates, with at least one GO route each game! Only problem, our starting QB cant get the ball out long enough to make this an effective option. Alex is starting to wear on me, so much, It wouldnt bother me if Foles, or dare I say, Bray, would get a shot to contribute.:hmmm:

OctoberFart
10-11-2016, 07:48 AM
Basically the OP needs to turn off Madden.

Red Dawg
10-11-2016, 08:01 AM
What should have been happening during the bye week is getting Foles ready to start. That is it.

RealSNR
10-11-2016, 10:50 AM
kelce: worried about his tv show ratings

jones: move to olb

These two ideas are the dumbest things I've read on Chiefs Planet in the past two months. And they both happened in the same post.

You're a flaming moron.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-11-2016, 12:29 PM
Well, you pretty well hit it all on the head, boss. A lot of these issues can be fixed in tandem, though.

If number 1 occurs, the defense immediately jumps back to being a top 5 unit, IMO. The DL will play better. Right now Hali is really the only guy who I notice getting consistent pressure, but it's too late because no one else is pushing the pocket elsewhere. When Houston is in, it becomes easier for everyone to do their thing.

And the offense really sits on Alex. We've seen this show before. Personally, they should have Foles ready to replace him if he continues to play poorly, but how many times have we seen Smith respond to adversity before now? This is no different.

The bitching about everything (which I too am guilty of) will cede in a few weeks when we are 6-2 or 5-3.

Mr. Laz
10-11-2016, 12:30 PM
What should have been happening during the bye week is getting Foles ready to start. That is it.
If we don't change QBs during the bye week then we aren't changing this season at all, except for due to injury.

I don't expect any changes from Reid at all.

Hell, DaT is still wasting space on the roster.

OctoberFart
10-11-2016, 12:58 PM

I wish Foles was starting this week. Cement feet and slow as shit. We owe that MF a payback.

Nickhead
10-11-2016, 01:16 PM
These two ideas are the dumbest things I've read on Chiefs Planet in the past two months. And they both happened in the same post.

You're a flaming moron.

you obviously haven't figured out i am full of shit most of the time and am simply joking around :D

Sorter
10-11-2016, 01:21 PM
Ser BossChief is a good man, and true.

Anyong Bluth
10-11-2016, 01:23 PM
Happily awaiting the arrival of "that" game. The one where everything clicks and looks like a well oiled machine.

Almost like watching a speedboat forced to putter along by the shoreline awaiting to clear the no wake zone.

Just to inject a bit of guarded hope in general, and doubt to the cynics who self annointed
themselves as gifted surveyors to cure all ills on a macro level from afar.

You'd think after 4 plus decades of disappointment that the same group who have mastered, more or less, a healthy dose of clear eyed skepticism, would have nurtured a bit thicker of an emotional callus to ward off letting feelings so easily cloud their minds and spoil their moods.

Titty Meat
10-11-2016, 01:25 PM

You're a loser tho

Red Dawg
10-11-2016, 01:25 PM
If we don't change QBs during the bye week then we aren't changing this season at all, except for due to injury.

I don't expect any changes from Reid at all.

Hell, DaT is still wasting space on the roster.

I hope that's not true. Keeping him playing even though he's sucking ass should not be tolerated by Dorsey when you have a better option on the bench.

If they just screw over the players and let this season go down the drain without giving Foles a shot then we are screwed as fans. Smith doesn't deserve the respect franchise QB's get.

Nickhead
10-11-2016, 01:26 PM
well, at least KC ain't cleveland, there is that :D

Hammock Parties
10-11-2016, 01:30 PM

Winter is coming.

O.city
10-11-2016, 01:33 PM
If they hope to have any chance at doing much this year, they need to be 5 and 1 thru the next 6 games.

A 6 game win streak would go along way.

Sorter
10-11-2016, 01:57 PM
You're a loser tho

Remember when you sent me creepy PMs and rep messages when you thought I was Boxxy?

KranzDictum
10-11-2016, 01:59 PM

He's scored twice that stood, had 2 ST TDs called back, Alex overthrew him at least once for a TD...

David Culley just gushes about Hills potential, too. Says he has gotten better each day and that he has the skill to be an outside receiver, not just a slot guy.

Typical loss always taking someone else's word as football law and not watching for himself. Clay is right Reek is a mccluster clone, just like DAT was. A couple short yardage TD's doesn't change anything.

ThaVirus
10-11-2016, 02:31 PM
Well it's not really going out on a limb to say a late-round rookie won't amount to much in the NFL

Titty Meat
10-11-2016, 02:34 PM
Remember when you sent me creepy PMs and rep messages when you thought I was Boxxy?

And it really bothered you and you almost left CP. I should have tried to grab you by the pussy.

Titty Meat
10-11-2016, 02:35 PM
If they hope to have any chance at doing much this year, they need to be 5 and 1 thru the next 6 games.

A 6 game win streak would go along way.

Yuge game this week. Denver is going to lose.

The Franchise
10-11-2016, 02:40 PM

To the fucking Chargers?

Titty Meat
10-11-2016, 02:45 PM
To the ****ing Chargers?

Chargers have lost alot of close games and Denvers coach is out Thursday.

Plus: The Game is @ San Diego and Simien has a bummed shoulder.

keg in kc
10-11-2016, 02:51 PM
11) Win some ****ing games.

keg in kc
10-11-2016, 02:53 PM
I see Clay is still on here talking to himself. Some things never change.

Hammock Parties
10-11-2016, 02:56 PM
I see Clay is still on here talking to himself. Some things never change.

I'm not KranzDictum.

Halfcan
10-11-2016, 04:53 PM
This is a great list-but do you really expect Any of this to happen. Andy has an extra week to get this team pumped up and stop playing like pussies- but my money bets he will come out with the same predictable dink, dunk and punt offense we have seen since he got here.

When your coach has no Fire or Passion-how do you expect the team to?

jspchief
10-11-2016, 05:21 PM
I'd really like to see Jones get in more. The defense needs a pass rush from somewhere, and if can't come off the edges maybe it can crash the pocket.

Mr. Laz
10-11-2016, 05:31 PM
When your coach has no Fire or Passion-how do you expect the team to?
This

I don't see how anyone can defend that lack of focus and aggression that this team shows on a regular basis. This team coming out fired up and ready to go has become the exception rather than the rule.

I challenge anyone to play this drinking game.

1. You have to take a drink each time: You see a defense 'standing around the pile' instead of trying to make the play. You'll know that lackadaisical guy that would rather avoid contact than sacrifice his body to stop the guy from making the extra yards for a 1st down etc.

and

2. Take a drink anytime an offensive guy goes through a play without blocking anyone or showing a decided lack of effort to make the play. Like when Albert wilson steps out of bounds instead of risking contact to the get 1st down. Alligator arms on a catch. QB who would rather go into the fetal position than stand tall and take the shot to complete the pass. When an Olinemen blocks for a couple of seconds and then just stops before the whistle blows for no apparently reason other than looking lazy.

You'll likely have to go to the hospital for alcohol poisoning by the end of the game.

MMXcalibur
10-11-2016, 05:41 PM
Run the ball.
Like, lots more.

OctoberFart
10-11-2016, 05:50 PM
Run the ball.
Like, lots more.

You think your coach is capable of that?

New World Order
10-11-2016, 05:59 PM
Raiders d looks like the 03 Chiefs. I hope they throw.

BossChief
10-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Typical loss always taking someone else's word as football law and not watching for himself. Clay is right Reek is a mccluster clone, just like DAT was. A couple short yardage TD's doesn't change anything.

Typical maner. Completely ignorant towards the topic.

I have a bunch of videos I took myself and posted on here at training camp of Tyreek and I also posted in real time while there.

Try to keep up.

ChiefAshhole1056
10-11-2016, 06:26 PM
Hill is two blocking in the back penalties away from being a known commodity in the national spotlight. Anyone trying to downplay his talent is being a troll and should be introduced to your "ignore" list.

Halfcan
10-11-2016, 06:40 PM
This

I don't see how anyone can defend that lack of focus and aggression that this team shows on a regular basis. This team coming out fired up and ready to go has become the exception rather than the rule.

I challenge anyone to play this drinking game.

1. You have to take a drink each time: You see a defense 'standing around the pile' instead of trying to make the play. You'll know that lackadaisical guy that would rather avoid contact than sacrifice his body to stop the guy from making the extra yards for a 1st down etc.

and

2. Take a drink anytime an offensive guy goes through a play without blocking anyone or showing a decided lack of effort to make the play. Like when Albert wilson steps out of bounds instead of risking contact to the get 1st down. Alligator arms on a catch. QB who would rather go into the fetal position than stand tall and take the shot to complete the pass. When an Olinemen blocks for a couple of seconds and then just stops before the whistle blows for no apparently reason other than looking lazy.

You'll likely have to go to the hospital for alcohol poisoning by the end of the game.

ROFL Sounds like a great way to get wasted.

Chief Roundup
10-11-2016, 06:44 PM
I hope that's not true. Keeping him playing even though he's sucking ass should not be tolerated by Dorsey when you have a better option on the bench.

If they just screw over the players and let this season go down the drain without giving Foles a shot then we are screwed as fans. Smith doesn't deserve the respect franchise QB's get.

No we do not. Foles is not better than Smith. He is just not Smith which in your mind it makes him better.
If you think there is any chance that ANY QB other than Smith starts or plays in a game without an injury you are WRONG in a huge way. But that isn't a stretch for you.

Chief Roundup
10-11-2016, 06:57 PM
1) Justin Houston needs to get back. Quickly. The whole defense is predicated on putting pressure on opposing passers and forcing mistakes. With a hobbled Hali/underwhelming Dee Ford being the only immediate options as edge rushers (Dadi needs a ton more snaps, too) it's putting undue pressure on everyone else. The corners are having to cover longer. The DL isnt getting one on one looks, as much. All that changes after Houston gets back. He's gonna force RTs to step wide to protect the edge and utilize the TE to help block him and that helps everyone else. Without him, this team probably misses the playoffs.

2) Alex Smith needs to play like he did in the second half of 2013/his better games from 2015. If I were the coach, he would be on a short leash and expected to be highly effective to retain the starting spot. If he struggles against Oakland and NO, I'd split the practice starter reps with him and Foles the next week. This offense has too much talent to be this unproductive and Alex plays like a damn pussy out there. He needs to man up and lead this team or let Nick Foles take over.

3) Chris Jones needs to take over the starting spot from Allen Bailey. This kid is gonna be special and I think Bailey would be a great guy to rotate at both end spots. Whatever the reason, this kid is gonna be the "Marcus Peters of the DL" for us. No question about it. A very special player. When he's out there, he's constantly flashing BIGTIME ability. The DL needs a shakeup because they should be a lot more disruptive. I honestly think starting Jones would make a big difference on this defense.

5) Jamaal Charles and Spencer Ware need to be our thunder and lightening and Andy Reid needs to run the ball a lot more. This has a chance to be the best 1-2 punch in the NFL and with the attention the rest of the offense should be getting, the RBs should be able to be very productive.

6) Eric Berry needs to play like a guy wanting to be paid like the best safety in the game. IMO he's taken a small step backwards from last year. He seems to be out of position on the deep ball more often than usual and he's s guy we need to be able to depend on. Step it up, Eric. We all want to see you earn that payday!

7) The OL needs to step up. I think they are playing better than it appears due to Alex playing like a coward, but the unit needs to step up. We simply have too much invested in the OL for them to not play like a top 5 OL. They need to come out and make a statement against Oakland and allow the offense to operate effectively. The guys have been playing together for long enough that they should start to show the cohesion you want/need upfront. It's gonna be troubling if they have a lot of difficulty with Oaklands from 7.

8) Phillip Gaines need to get/stay healthy. No question about it, this is a better defense with Gaines out there. This is a very important year for this young Chiefs team and guys like Phillip, specifically. If he can stay on the field and continue to improve, the defense will be a lot better come playoff time and going into next year.

9) Marcus Peters needs to stay focused on the goal and keep his cool in heated matchups. We need him at his best, to improve on defense. Honestly, I think he plays much better when truly challenged and emotionally invested, but he needs to be aware that opposing QBs will be trying to fool him and he needs to be smart about his gambles.

10) WRs and TEs need to maximize opportunities. With Alex Smith, these guys need to make sure they secure every catch and get every yard they can after the catch. These drops by Maclin have been game changers and we really need him to be dependable for the offense to be effective. Same goes with Kelce, Harris, Travis, Hill, Wilson, Thomas, and the backs....everybody needs to be blocking and fighting for every yard and score.

I still think this team has the potential to go deep in the playoffs, but a few guys need to step their game up for us to do so.

How could anyone disagree with the list? It mentions every position group except the kickers. You even mention Reid.
When you have to ask EVERY group of players to improve and the coaching to improve, you are probably asking for more than can be delivered.

Saccopoo
10-11-2016, 10:55 PM
Can I play?

1. outside pressure on the opponent's QB is minimal. Dee Ford looks horrible.

2. There are no viable DB options past Peters at this point. Horrible Rd3 draft pick in 2016.

3. The entire LB corps is atrocious. That everyone here pinned their hopes on a 6'0", 220 lb. safety conversion (Lillard) to save the position is laughable.

4. Dontari Poe. In a contract year, through four games, he's got 7 combined tackles (3 solo and 4 assists) and .5 sacks.

5. Why is DeAnthony Thomas taking up a roster spot?

6. Why is Knile Davis taking up a roster spot?

7. Why is Anthony Sherman taking up a roster spot?

8. The defense was horribly addressed by Dorsey this offseason. After three seasons, they have to know Ford is a bust. They have to know that Hali is injury plagued and old. They have to know that Houston's knee is fucked. And their options were releasing Moses initially and making sure that Zombo was the man. And maybe, just maybe, a sixth round undersized defensive end rookie making a position switch would hold them over until Houston could come back at 100% in 2017 (maybe). And a fucking horrible miss on Rd3 CB Keivarae Russell.

9. Gaines is injured and missed games. Again. With no one other than a rookie or substandard players backing up the CB position.

10. Hold on to the fucking ball. When Kelce is bitching about people not being able to hold onto the ball, you know it's bad. (Thanks for the playoff miss/loss against Phoenix Travis.)

Anyong Bluth
10-11-2016, 11:15 PM
Can I play?

1. outside pressure on the opponent's QB is minimal. Dee Ford looks horrible.

2. There are no viable DB options past Peters at this point. Horrible Rd3 draft pick in 2016.

3. The entire LB corps is atrocious. That everyone here pinned their hopes on a 6'0", 220 lb. safety conversion (Lillard) to save the position is laughable.

4. Dontari Poe. In a contract year, through four games, he's got 7 combined tackles (3 solo and 4 assists) and .5 sacks.

5. Why is DeAnthony Thomas taking up a roster spot?

6. Why is Knile Davis taking up a roster spot?

8. The defense was horribly addressed by Dorsey this offseason. After three seasons, they have to know Ford is a bust. They have to know that Hali is injury plagued and old. They have to know that Houston's knee is fucked. And their options were releasing Moses initially and making sure that Zombo was the man. And maybe, just maybe, a sixth round undersized defensive end rookie making a position switch would hold them over until Houston could come back at 100% in 2017 (maybe). And a fucking horrible miss on Rd3 CB Keivarae Russell.

9. Gaines is injured and missed games. Again. With no one other than a rookie or substandard players backing up the CB position.

10. Hold on to the fucking ball. When Kelce is bitching about people not being able to hold onto the ball, you know it's bad. (Thanks for the playoff miss/loss against Phoenix Travis.)
This is the bizzaro 10 to Boss' OP, and his was good.

Saccopoo
10-11-2016, 11:22 PM

Kudos to Boss for a terrific thread starter. I knew it was going to be huge!

But is was milquetoast.

Summary: 1 - 10: Everyone needs to be playing better.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/28794861.jpg

Hoover
10-12-2016, 12:38 AM
1. catch the damn ball.
2. Grab'em by the pussy.

Dave Lane
10-12-2016, 06:37 AM

Just grab them by the pussy, then all will be good.

Dave Lane
10-12-2016, 06:48 AM
1. catch the damn ball.
2. Grab'em by the pussy.

God damn it!

Titty Meat
10-14-2016, 09:32 AM

What up tho?

ThaVirus
10-14-2016, 10:31 AM
What up tho?

Injured QB on the road against a division rival on a short week.

How did you ever guess?

The Franchise
10-14-2016, 10:33 AM

Good is fucking debateable.

BossChief
10-14-2016, 11:00 AM
Good is ****ing debateable.

How much rent do I owe you for all the space I occupy in your tiny little head?

The Franchise
10-14-2016, 11:07 AM
How much rent do I owe you for all the space I occupy in your tiny little head?

Funny.

Because I said that your list isn't that great? Somebody's feelers get hurt?

RealSNR
10-14-2016, 11:35 AM

You make a very good point. I'd like to see a snap count on Sherman.

He's basically absent. Even when he's on the field, I don't notice a difference. The best FBs pop off the screen when they make key blocks. I've seen nothing like that.

Titty Meat
10-14-2016, 11:35 AM
Injured QB on the road against a division rival on a short week.

How did you ever guess?

Detoxing thought I was cray. Just giving him some shit.

RealSNR
10-14-2016, 11:36 AM
Also, can I crow about referring to Phillip Gaines as Sanders Commings Jr?

Titty Meat
10-14-2016, 11:38 AM
Also, can I crow about referring to Phillip Gaines as Sanders Commings Jr?

No. Certain posters said the drop off between Smith & Gaines wasn't a big one.

I'm sorry but Dorsey screwed this off season up. BTW his 14' free agency was another reason why they missed the playoffs. He's drafted 2 impact players while being here. I'm starting to think he's overrated.

BossChief
10-14-2016, 11:42 AM
Funny.

Because I said that your list isn't that great? Somebody's feelers get hurt?
You've been hanging from my nuts for years.

Every time someone compliments me, you're right there to do exactly what you did here.

It's strange.

The Franchise
10-14-2016, 11:46 AM
You've been hanging from my nuts for years.

Every time someone compliments me, you're right there to do exactly what you did here.

It's strange.

Every time huh? I don't think I have that much time. You must just be taking things personal. Need a safe space?

ThaVirus
10-14-2016, 12:04 PM
Detoxing thought I was cray. Just giving him some shit.

Well he is our resident San Diego expert but everything I mentioned and one team that is clearly better than its record against another that isn't as good as its record indicates.

More than a few people saw that coming. I think Scott Free was beating that drum as well.

Now we've got to hope we can steal one in Oakland.

RunKC
10-14-2016, 12:11 PM
No. Certain posters said the drop off between Smith & Gaines wasn't a big one.

I'm sorry but Dorsey screwed this off season up. BTW his 14' free agency was another reason why they missed the playoffs. He's drafted 2 impact players while being here. I'm starting to think he's overrated.

Hard to draft a lot of impact players when you're without two 2nd rd picks and a 3rd bc your coach broke the rules and forced you to get his QB.

RealSNR
10-14-2016, 02:08 PM
Hard to draft a lot of impact players when you're without two 2nd rd picks and a 3rd bc your coach broke the rules and forced you to get his QB.

It's also hard to draft a lot of impact players when you're constantly burning picks on stupid worthless midgets that require manufactured plays rather than working within the flow of the offense. And shitty ILBs, too. Nico Johnson and Ramik Wilson are starting to become a trend, like when Carl tried for years to draft the right DT.

That said, he's 2/3 in his 1st round picks. Those are the ones you can't let go to waste.

BossChief
10-14-2016, 04:34 PM
If a GM hits on 3 or 4 picks per draft, he's KILLING IT.

The job Dorsey has done in the draft/udfa has been top notch.

Let's not judge him so harshly on picks like Ramik Wilson...every single team has far worse picks than that.

Mr. Laz
10-14-2016, 04:45 PM
If a GM hits on 3 or 4 picks per draft, he's KILLING IT.

The job Dorsey has done in the draft/udfa has been top notch.

Let's not judge him so harshly on picks like Ramik Wilson...every single team has far worse picks than that.
So which is it, Dorsey or Coaches?

If Dorsey is top notch and the Coaches are top notch then what is the problem? just bad luck?

countdown until somebody enters saying "but we won a playoff game, that's not good enough?"

3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

O.city
10-14-2016, 06:32 PM
They're averaging 10 wins per year in their first 3 years. Seems like they're doing something right

Mr. Laz
10-14-2016, 07:02 PM
They're averaging 10 wins per year in their first 3 years. Seems like they're doing something right
and there it is ...

fine, then we are all good with no problems

why is anyone complaining or worried about anything or any player?

make the playoffs, maybe squeak out a game, go home

all good Bro

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-14-2016, 07:19 PM
How about our run defense not rank in the bottom five?

BossChief
10-23-2016, 12:22 PM
Still waiting on 1, 6 and 8...but it seems a lot of these have come to fruition.

ThaVirus
10-23-2016, 02:26 PM
Berry is not making a good case for earning $13m per year, but he has been playing pretty well.

He caused Sorenson's pick 6 today, had a nice stick on a WR to prevent a 3rd down conversion, and had another huge stick to prevent a long TD on White's missed tackle. We also didn't get best over the top despite not even breathing on Brees all afternoon.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-23-2016, 02:34 PM
Definitely #29's best game

jjchieffan
10-23-2016, 09:39 PM
and there it is ...

fine, then we are all good with no problems

why is anyone complaining or worried about anything or any player?

make the playoffs, maybe squeak out a game, go home

all good Bro

Dorsey took a 2-14 team with no depth. He immediately purged about half of the roster and made them an immediate playoff team. We had guys starting in the Pioli era that were barely serviceable as backups. Now we are deep across the board with backups at many positions that would start elsewhere. The O line. Fisher, LDT, Morse. Ehinger all Dorsey picks and Schwartz a Dorsey FA. That is the best line we've had since the Vermeil era. Dorsey built. Smith is solid and an improvement over Cassel. The tight ends are better and all Dorsey guys. Maclin and Conley are the best starting wide receivers I can remember us having and we have better depth in Hill, DAT and even Wilson than we've had in forever. Running backs, we have only Charles left over from before and look at West and Ware. On defense, we still have the core in DJ, Poe, Houston, Hali, and Berry. But he has added Peters, Howard, Bailey, Jones who have played above expectations, as did Sean Smith and Abdullah when they were here. There is also lots of young talent with lots of promise in Alexander, Nicolas, White, Sorensen, Wilson, March, and Murray. That is a Yuge amount of improvement across the board. But if you think he's so bad, you can go to Atlanta and see what Pioli is doing these days.

Reerun_KC
10-23-2016, 10:47 PM
Less Jamal is a good thing.