PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs #58 Von Miller vs. #58 DT

petegz28
10-13-2016, 07:45 PM
Had an interesting discussion at the gym about Miller v. Thomas. Now, to be fair we both agreed that the Chiefs would love to have Miller.

But when you break down the pass rushing, Miller is typically going against the RT where as Thomas was typically going against the LT. We both were of the opinion that DT was a better pass rusher simply because the LT position is usually played by better players compared to the RT position.

How much of a difference do you think there is facing a LT v. RT on every down?

ChiefAshhole1056
10-13-2016, 07:46 PM
Who's the best RT in the game? Who's the best LT in the game? Once you come up with those, and you compare the two players, you'll have your answer.

Rain Man
10-13-2016, 07:50 PM
Lots of college left tackles are moved to right tackle when it's believed that they can't face the top pass rushers. Von Miller faces the B team in every game, and he does it with a snootful of performance enhancing drugs, as was proven by his suspension a few years back.

And no, I do not want Von Miller on the Chiefs. Yuck.

Anyong Bluth
10-14-2016, 05:31 AM
Von is well on his way to transforming his body with PEDs just like Bonds.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161014/e597545e4e53997c926f50eaf8cb17b1.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
10-14-2016, 05:40 AM
He faces a lesser tackle every week and still can't hold his jock as a pass rusher

Chiefnj2
10-14-2016, 06:15 AM
Miller went beast mode in their Super Bowl run. DT was benched in his biggest playoff game. Edge to Miller.

dj56dt58
10-14-2016, 07:42 AM
Lots of college left tackles are moved to right tackle when it's believed that they can't face the top pass rushers. Von Miller faces the B team in every game, and he does it with a snootful of performance enhancing drugs, as was proven by his suspension a few years back.

And no, I do not want Von Miller on the Chiefs. Yuck.

Id love Von on the Chiefs. Let him face the RT while Houston bitch slaps the LT.

In regards to your sig, I remember in 2005 a hurricane or tropical storm was headed to Florida the weekend the Chiefs played the Dolphins so they had the game on Friday night. CBS aired it in kc and miamo only. Im in Joplin and didnt get to see it. I sent them a long pissed off email that im sure they didnt read but im still pissed about that and **** them

bricks
10-14-2016, 08:05 AM
Miller went beast mode in their Super Bowl run. DT was benched in his biggest playoff game. Edge to Miller.

waBb-UM5m4g

Reerun_KC
10-14-2016, 08:11 AM
I would take Miller on the Chiefs in a heartbeat. the guy is a game changer...

RunKC
10-14-2016, 08:14 AM
DT got 20 sacks in a run first league. The guy would break the single season sack record in today's NFL.

Reerun_KC
10-14-2016, 08:14 AM
DT got 20 sacks in a run first league. The guy would break the single season sack record in today's NFL.

Im sure he would...

jjchieffan
10-14-2016, 04:06 PM
OP you misspelled Vondouchebag.

Randallflagg
10-14-2016, 04:29 PM
Miller is a fine LB - but he's no Derrick Thomas. Thomas would punish QB's all day. Ask Elway. He HATED coming to Arrowhead. Now, maybe before Miller is done, he will surpass DT - and I'm biased as hell, but right now, at least in my mind - he is well behind Derrick.

Anyong Bluth
10-14-2016, 04:34 PM
Sorry. But Von doesn't hold a candle to Derrick. He's a very fine player, but nope.

Valiant
10-14-2016, 05:33 PM
Miller is a fine LB - but he's no Derrick Thomas. Thomas would punish QB's all day. Ask Elway. He HATED coming to Arrowhead. Now, maybe before Miller is done, he will surpass DT - and I'm biased as hell, but right now, at least in my mind - he is well behind Derrick.

I love that he idols DT. But the only way to pass him would not get caught with peds or injury and play 12 plus years. Playing with Peyton and winning a superbowl helps a lot. Jusy imagine what would of been if marty didn't marty in the playoffs.

ThaVirus
10-14-2016, 05:52 PM
Miller is a more complete player than DT ever was

threebag
10-14-2016, 05:54 PM
Pete out of all the awesome threads you have ever posted this should get you kicked in the nuts.

threebag
10-14-2016, 05:55 PM

The only reason you think that is because you watched DT on a 13" B&W and you watch VM on a 19" big screen.

Randallflagg
10-14-2016, 05:58 PM
I love that he idols DT. But the only way to pass him would not get caught with peds or injury and play 12 plus years. Playing with Peyton and winning a superbowl helps a lot. Jusy imagine what would of been if marty didn't marty in the playoffs.

Yep. I loved Marty, but that guy was the most consistent Coach I ever saw once he got to the playoffs - you KNEW he was going to piss down his leg.

Derrick? I will contend to my dying day that he was one of the top two or three Linebackers EVER in the NFL. Loved watching him play every week - and when Smith was on the other side - it was pure heaven.

Anyong Bluth
10-14-2016, 07:14 PM
Better run defender is the one area von is better. Otherwise, OG DT.

ThaVirus
10-14-2016, 07:25 PM
Better run defender is the one area von is better. Otherwise, OG DT.

Have to give DT the edge in pass rushing but Miller is probably a lot better against the run.

Quesadilla Joe
10-14-2016, 07:35 PM

The guy got more than a third of those 20 sacks in one game that year. And while teams do pass the ball more in Von's era, they're also using the quick passing game much more.

Tombstone RJ
10-14-2016, 08:35 PM

Miller is a SB MVP. Thomas was clowned by Sharpe. Clowned.

TomBarndtsTwin
10-14-2016, 09:25 PM
Good god.

Derrick Thomas is a Hall of Famer and one of the best pass rushers the league has ever seen.

Von Miller has had TWO great seasons. Let's slow the roll a little here . . . . .

TomBarndtsTwin
10-14-2016, 09:52 PM
Miller is a SB MVP. Thomas was clowned by Sharpe. Clowned.

So what.

Von Miller was clowned by Mitchell Schwartz in a game last year. See the problem with your argument here?

Your logic is not very 'sharpe' on this one.

milkman
10-15-2016, 05:47 AM
Homers unite!

petegz28
10-15-2016, 06:00 AM
Well, like I said in the OP...typically LT's are better than RT's. If Miller had to go up against LT's like Thomas did, I don't think Miller gets as many sacks or pressures as he has.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-15-2016, 08:56 AM
The only reason you think that is because you watched DT on a 13" B&W and you watch VM on a 19" big screen.

ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
10-15-2016, 08:56 AM
The guy got more than a third of those 20 sacks in one game that year. And while teams do pass the ball more in Von's era, they're also using the quick passing game much more.

Piss off turd

Pasta Little Brioni
10-15-2016, 08:57 AM
Homers unite!

Donco homerizm is the only sanctioned homerism...and you go balls deep

KranzDictum
10-15-2016, 11:25 AM

Von was the reason Broncos won that SB, not Manning. Von also got them there in the Pats game.

The game Thomas set the single game sack record in was a loss. That should tell you all you need to know who the real difference maker is.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2016, 11:33 AM
Von fore sure

RunKC
10-15-2016, 12:27 PM
So what.

Von Miller was clowned by Mitchell Schwartz in a game last year. See the problem with your argument here?

Your logic is not very 'sharpe' on this one.

Von's been owned by Fisher multiple games.

ThaVirus
10-15-2016, 02:11 PM
Von was the reason Broncos won that SB, not Manning. Von also got them there in the Pats game.

The game Thomas set the single game sack record in was a loss. That should tell you all you need to know who the real difference maker is.

This is a horrible argument.

He recorded 7 sacks. 7. In one game. The fact that his team lost isn't an indictment of his individual ability.

jimidollar
10-15-2016, 02:18 PM
DT was awesome. Too bad the Chiefs never put together a complete team around him.

lewdog
10-15-2016, 02:20 PM
Von is good but does plenty on pure strength alone.

DT was quicker, had better feet, more finesse and better pass rushing moves.

Miller is better in pass coverage.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2016, 02:25 PM
This is a horrible argument.

He recorded 7 sacks. 7. In one game. The fact that his team lost isn't an indictment of his individual ability.

Agreed. The Chiefs lost that game because Dave Kreig made one incredible play at the end. It happens.