PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Allen Bailey's placed on IR

RunKC
10-17-2016, 06:57 PM
Rand Getlin@Rand_Getlin-I'm told there's concern that #Chiefs DE Allen Bailey may miss the remainder of the season due to the shoulder injury he's dealing with.

Hydrae
10-17-2016, 06:58 PM
That explains his play this year I suppose.

O.city
10-17-2016, 06:59 PM
Didn't he just hurt it sunday?

kc79
Sad, but more playing time for Chris Jones

Nickhead
does this not give chris jones more snaps? *prays*

DaFace
10-17-2016, 07:00 PM
does this not give chris jones more snaps? *prays*

Almost certainly. Losing depth would suck regardless, though.

Chiefshrink
10-17-2016, 07:01 PM
Jones should have started from the get go IMHO.

Nickhead
10-17-2016, 07:05 PM

who we got behind jones then? i know they all point to the chiefs depth as being better than most.

RunKC
10-17-2016, 07:07 PM
I feel good with Chris Jones and Nick Williams moving forward.

Easy 6
10-17-2016, 07:11 PM
Bailey is the kind of depth good teams have, Jones is a difference maker... a potential monster in the making

sedated
10-17-2016, 07:15 PM
As nice as it will be to get Jones more snaps, losing a D line starter hurts. That might be the position where depth is most important, those guys wear down fast.

KChiefs1
10-17-2016, 07:17 PM
Hate to hear it but we are deep at DL.

Jones now will be unleashed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjchieffan
10-17-2016, 07:23 PM
I would guess that if he goes on IR that Nunez Rochez is brought back, I don't think anyone has picked him up.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-17-2016, 07:27 PM
Was talking to a buddy about the DL today.

Look, this would suck really to lose Bailey. He's a nice player, certainly above average. But...

Chris Jones has game changer potential. Where Allen Bailey and Jaye Howard are good players, Jones could be great. He could change things like Houston and Peters do.

The loss of depth sucks, but Jones needed to play. Williams and RNR are solid.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-17-2016, 07:31 PM
If this team can survive without Houston and Charles, they can march on without Bailey...

Get better, big guy.

Rain Man
10-17-2016, 07:36 PM
I don't understand how a person built like Bailey could even get hurt. I mean, maybe a meteor strike or something would do it, but not a human.

I hate to see him go down. I agree that Chris Jones represents an opportunity, but I hate to see a starter go down.

threebag
10-17-2016, 07:38 PM
Hope he gets well. I like Bailey. He has a good story too.

SAUTO
10-17-2016, 07:40 PM
I don't understand how a person built like Bailey could even get hurt. I mean, maybe a meteor strike or something would do it, but not a human.

I hate to see him go down. I agree that Chris Jones represents an opportunity, but I hate to see a starter go down. he ripped his own shoulder.

Only explanation.

saphojunkie
10-17-2016, 07:40 PM
Heal by the playoffs

jjchieffan
10-17-2016, 07:47 PM
On second thought, I guess this solves the problem of who to cut to bring back Houston. Bailey to IR clears the spot for Houston.

Rain Man
10-17-2016, 07:48 PM
he ripped his own shoulder.

Only explanation.

I bet you're right. It's the only way.

threebag
10-17-2016, 07:49 PM

Only explanation.

Yep

notorious
10-17-2016, 07:50 PM
Fuck

TimBone
10-17-2016, 07:53 PM
Yeah. I get people being happy about Jones getting more time, but you'd still like Bailey available to rotate.

jjchieffan
10-17-2016, 07:59 PM
Yeah. I get people being happy about Jones getting more time, but you'd still like Bailey available to rotate.

Yeah, it sucks losing good starting quality depth. Fortunately, we have good depth to step in. Bailey hasn't been playing great this year anyway.

ThaVirus
10-17-2016, 08:00 PM
Heal by the playoffs

I don't think we could afford to keep the roster spot open for the next 10+ weeks.

Titty Meat
10-17-2016, 08:03 PM
He wasn't that good this year anyway

BossChief
10-17-2016, 08:03 PM
It sucks to lose Bailey, but Jones is going to be an upgrade.

I still think he can make a run to win DROTY and Bailey going down improves his chance at enough playing time to do so.

jjchieffan
10-17-2016, 08:08 PM
What are the rules concerning IR designated to return? Does the IR have to happen before the season? I'm pretty sure that you can only do it with one player and since Houston was PUP, that option should still be available. I believe that they have to miss a minimum of 8 games, so theoretically, he could return in time for the playoffs.

Saccopoo
10-17-2016, 11:04 PM
Jones should have started from the get go IMHO.

Only if Bailey had a shoulder injury from the get go. Other than that, there was no way that Jones was beating out either Howard or Bailey. Bailey is and has been a very solid player.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Poe slide over to Bailey's LDE spot (if Bailey is injured and can't go) and have Howard man the NT and Jones go into the RDE position where he's been filling in in spot duty so far this season. Poe's been struggling a bit this year at the NT and Howard has played the position extremely well in the past.

Dante84
10-17-2016, 11:15 PM
He posted this right after the game, so he didn't have the mood of a guy who was in terrible pain or that was told his season was in jeopardy.... maybe something showed up later in the MRI that wasn't hurting him too bad initially?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Amazing team win!! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/3Amigos?src=hash">#3Amigos</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/EatGreedy?src=hash">#EatGreedy</a></p>&mdash; Allen Bailey (@AllenBailey57) <a href="https://twitter.com/AllenBailey57/status/787798884483334145">October 16, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Big man touchdowns are always great!! <a href="https://t.co/TjZYkLNuXn">https://t.co/TjZYkLNuXn</a></p>&mdash; Allen Bailey (@AllenBailey57) <a href="https://twitter.com/AllenBailey57/status/787816667719962624">October 17, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I see you miller time! �� <a href="https://t.co/vPgeyJpAun">https://t.co/vPgeyJpAun</a></p>&mdash; Allen Bailey (@AllenBailey57) <a href="https://twitter.com/AllenBailey57/status/787869949188509696">October 17, 2016</a></blockquote>

pugsnotdrugs19
10-17-2016, 11:44 PM
I guess we should probably wait to hear from the team before we jump to any conclusions..

But seriously, this sucks yeah, but this isn't new territory for the Chiefs. They've pushed through key injuries for the last year as good or better than anyone.

If this is the worst thing that happens all season (other than Houston already missing games), we'll survive for certain.

Saccopoo
10-18-2016, 01:28 AM

Only explanation.

http://www.overtimeathletes.com/wp-content/uploads2/2011/07/Allen-Bailey-Workout-257x300.jpg

http://www.chiefs.com/assets/images/imported/KC/photos/AllenBaileyThingsToKnow-Quote.jpg

ct
10-18-2016, 08:00 AM
been saying from day1 that jones was the biggest threat was to bailey. this is exactly where jones needs to be playing.

AB is a solid player and i don't want to lose him, but CJ getting more PT is a good thing.

jjchieffan
10-18-2016, 08:03 AM
Well, with Davis being traded, I would guess the RNR takes Bailey's roster spot(assuming that Bailey goes on IR) and Houston fills Davis' vacated spot.

ct
10-18-2016, 08:07 AM
i'd rather see david king called up over nacho honestly

MotherfuckerJones
10-18-2016, 08:18 AM
Cocksucker motherfucker can we just not have a rash of injuries for just one season. Chris Jones time baby

jjchieffan
10-18-2016, 08:23 AM
i'd rather see david king called up over nacho honestly

That's an interesting thought. Not sure that it will happen though. RNR was on the roster until we needed the spot for someone else. I would think that he would be first in line to take the roster spot if Bailey goes on IR.

MotherfuckerJones
10-18-2016, 08:26 AM
So question. Can we put him on IR to return? He has to be on it 8 weeks?

ThaVirus
10-18-2016, 10:07 AM
He wasn't worth what we've been paying him anyway. I wouldn't be surprised to see him cut as soon as it's viable financially.

The Franchise
10-18-2016, 10:12 AM
He wasn't worth what we've been paying him anyway. I wouldn't be surprised to see him cut as soon as it's viable financially.

Not realistic until about 2018.

2017 would be $4 million in dead money.
2018 would be $2 million in dead money but a cap savings of $6 million.

DJ's left nut
10-18-2016, 10:16 AM
Bailey's strength and sheer size make him an asset in the run game. He never developed the pass rush you'd have liked, but he was something of a souped up Mike DeVito out there and that's valueable.

Additionally, being able to rotate physically insane players in and out for an entire game is also a luxury that few teams have.

So we'll miss him on both fronts there, but I think this is also the end of his Chiefs career. If they cut him outright next year, they'll save $2.5 million and if they June 1 tag him that number increases to $4.5 million. He just never quite developed enough to justify that number and if he's hurt (again), there's no reason to expect he ever will.

ct
10-18-2016, 10:16 AM
That's an interesting thought. Not sure that it will happen though. RNR was on the roster until we needed the spot for someone else. I would think that he would be first in line to take the roster spot if Bailey goes on IR.

most likely it'll be RNR, but i just see him a a total JAG, doesn't make plays at all. saw several flashes from king in the preseason, when both he and nacho were on the field at the same time.

DJ's left nut
10-18-2016, 10:18 AM
Not realistic until about 2018.

2017 would be $4 million in dead money.
2018 would be $2 million in dead money but a cap savings of $6 million.

So? $4 million in dead money the clears $6.5 million in salary. So a net gain of $2.5 million. He's been routinely injured and is little more than a run-plugger at this point. Next year he's likely to be a rotational lineman at best so it wouldn't hurt that badly.

It would come down to whether or not they're able to get Poe re-signed. If they can, anything freed up by cutting Bailey is worthwhile. If they can't, they'll need Bailey to replace Howard at DE with Howard moving into NT.

But really, they HAVE to get Poe re-signed, IMO.

The Franchise
10-18-2016, 10:21 AM
So? $4 million in dead money the clears $6.5 million in salary. So a net gain of $2.5 million. He's been routinely injured and is little more than a run-plugger at this point. Next year he's likely to be a rotational lineman at best so it wouldn't hurt that badly.

It would come down to whether or not they're able to get Poe re-signed. If they can, anything freed up by cutting Bailey is worthwhile. If they can't, they'll need Bailey to replace Howard at DE with Howard moving into NT.

I could see them cutting Bailey if they re-signed Poe.

RunKC
10-18-2016, 11:06 AM

I think the best plan would be cutting Bailey and resigning Poe and Nick Williams.

Williams is basically what Bailey is at this point, but far cheaper.

Simply Red
10-18-2016, 11:10 AM
Bring in Big Black Cock

ThaVirus
10-18-2016, 11:37 AM
I think the best plan would be cutting Bailey and resigning Poe and Nick Williams.

Williams is basically what Bailey is at this point, but far cheaper.

You posted a gif of a big play Jones made in Oakland and in the same gif Williams completely took himself out of the play.

Not to say Bailey hasn't done similar things, but I don't think Williams is on his level just yet.

MotherfuckerJones
10-18-2016, 12:02 PM
Bring in Big Black Cock

BBCs FTW ROFL

Anyong Bluth
10-18-2016, 12:33 PM
BBCs FTW ROFL
Never even realized that's what BBC stood for.

ThaVirus
10-18-2016, 12:38 PM

New to the internet?

threebag
10-18-2016, 12:42 PM
Bailey would restructure easily i bet and probably real team friendly. Dude is built like a fucking monster.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-18-2016, 12:54 PM
I can't see any way that they keep Berry and Poe both, so, make your pick there.

Personally I'd probably rather have Berry, but price would play a big factor in either case.

threebag
10-18-2016, 12:58 PM
I like Poe over Berry at this point.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-18-2016, 01:00 PM
I like Poe over Berry at this point.

I was on that side until I saw what's happened to Carolina without Norman.

Secondary is clearly important no matter what you have up front.

DJ's left nut
10-18-2016, 01:01 PM
I can't see any way that they keep Berry and Poe both, so, make your pick there.

Personally I'd probably rather have Berry, but price would play a big factor in either case.

I'd pay a full 25% more to keep Poe over Berry. I might pay up to a third more. Price would only matter to whatever extent one would be willing to play at/below market for the position. We know Berry won't the odds of me caring about price points at all are pretty remote. Poe's a better player who's far more difficult to replace.

Berry's a good player and a nice guy to have around, but 5 games in and I still don't see any real impact he has on this defense. He won't get tagged again next year and I doubt they extend him. He's simply not worth the $$$ he's demanding.

DJ's left nut
10-18-2016, 01:02 PM
I was on that side until I saw what's happened to Carolina without Norman.

Secondary is clearly important no matter what you have up front.

Taking away Norman would be like taking away Peters.

A lockdown #1 corner isn't in the same universe as a box safety. Taking Berry away from this D will have nowhere near that effect and we know because we've seen it before. He's a less impactful player than DJ let alone true difference makers like Poe, Peters and Houston.

The Franchise
10-18-2016, 01:02 PM
Poe over Berry.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-18-2016, 01:04 PM

A lockdown #1 corner isn't in the same universe as a box safety. Taking Berry away from this D will have nowhere near that effect and we know because we've seen it before. He's a less impactful player than DJ let alone true difference makers like Poe, Peters and Houston.

Poe's back scares me a little long term. Hasn't been a problem lately, though.

Dorsey will do what's right, I trust. I wouldn't be upset either way.

DaneMcCloud
10-18-2016, 01:06 PM
I'd pay a full 25% more to keep Poe over Berry.

Extend or re-sign Poe, pass on Berry, move up in the 2017 draft to take Jamal Adams.

Profit.

sedated
10-18-2016, 01:15 PM
Having an elite Safety is only worth it when they are a game changer like Ed Reed. Otherwise it’s like having an elite punter or *gulp* TE; they are nice but not generally difference makers enough to warrant the money that could be going to true game changers. I’d rather have cheaper guys that can be CB/S hybrids (maybe I’m just missing Abdullah).

But Dorsey and Reid love Berry, so I expect him to be re-signed.

The Franchise
10-18-2016, 01:19 PM
Having an elite Safety is only worth it when they are a game changer like Ed Reed. Otherwise it’s like having an elite punter or *gulp* TE; they are nice but not generally difference makers enough to warrant the money that could be going to true game changers. I’d rather have cheaper guys that can be CB/S hybrids (maybe I’m just missing Abdullah).

But Dorsey and Reid love Berry, so I expect him to be re-signed.

Unless Berry comes down on his demands......I don't see him coming back.

Simply Red
10-18-2016, 01:22 PM

needs more reps!

Tribal Warfare
10-18-2016, 01:28 PM

Need to give Peters a decent passrush, almost all of his INTS were due to the QB being hurried.

threebag
10-18-2016, 01:32 PM
Need to give Peters a decent passrush, almost all of his INTS were due to the QB being hurried.

Well shit word around here was its because Alex sucks.

notorious
10-18-2016, 01:34 PM
Unless Berry comes down on his demands......I don't see him coming back.

We all know he is going to end up being a Bronco.

Tribal Warfare
10-18-2016, 01:40 PM
We all know he is going to end up being a Falcon .

FYP

RunKC
10-18-2016, 01:40 PM
Berry is overrated for his demands. I like Murray as a box safety, but I would really like another Ron Parker type back there.

We need more speed back there to help corners. If Parker gets hurt we're fucked.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-18-2016, 01:42 PM
Berry is overrated for his demands. I like Murray as a box safety, but I would really like another Ron Parker type back there.

We need more speed back there to help corners. If Parker gets hurt we're ****ed.

I do love me some Ron Parker.

Hell, Sorensen has played pretty well so far this season.

Anyong Bluth
10-18-2016, 01:49 PM
New to the internet?
Yes, got a cd-rom with my new Compaq for a free 25 hours of AOL.

O.city
10-18-2016, 01:53 PM
Extend or re-sign Poe, pass on Berry, move up in the 2017 draft to take Jamal Adams.

Profit.

If I'm moving on from berry, I'm not mortgaging picks to spend a first rounder in his replacement. I'd rather have another pass rusher or a qb.

If safety isn't that valuable that is

DJ's left nut
10-18-2016, 01:56 PM
If I'm moving on from berry, I'm not mortgaging picks to spend a first rounder in his replacement. I'd rather have another pass rusher or a qb.

Exactly.

If you think that safety is important enough to spend a 1st rounder on (especially trade up for), you might as well keep Berry.

I simply don't think the position is valuable enough for that kind of coin or draft capital.

Pass rusher, QB or CB.

DaneMcCloud
10-18-2016, 01:58 PM

I'd love to see the Chiefs trade up for a QB but I'll be surprised if it happens.

If Dee Ford continues to ascend and Houston returns to form, there's no reason to spend a 1st on a OLB, especially with Dadi Nicolas on the roster.

O.city
10-18-2016, 02:01 PM
I'd love to see the Chiefs trade up for a QB but I'll be surprised if it happens.

If Dee Ford continues to ascend and Houston returns to form, there's no reason to spend a 1st on a OLB, especially with Dadi Nicolas on the roster.

Fords gonna need a contract sooner than later and as we've seen, pass rusher is of the utmost importance here.

I wouldn't let Dadi Nicholas determine my pick at this point. He's interesting but I wouldn't pass up a rusher early for him.

Corner, qb or passrushers for me.

DaneMcCloud
10-18-2016, 02:03 PM
Fords gonna need a contract sooner than later and as we've seen, pass rusher is of the utmost importance here.

I wouldn't let Dadi Nicholas determine my pick at this point. He's interesting but I wouldn't pass up a rusher early for him.

Corner, qb or passrushers for me.

Well, it should be a QB.

Drafting another part time player isn't the smart use of a first rounder and look no further than Dee Ford as an example.

DJ's left nut
10-18-2016, 02:05 PM

I'm not sure I'd ever be comfortable spending real money on Ford. I think I've been among Ford's biggest supporters but the guy's just immature. The old EQ just isn't there.

That would worry the hell out of me if I'm needing to spend $10-12 million to keep him in a couple of years. If he were to have a 10 sack season, that's probably what he'd cost with the rising cap.

This defense just doesn't work with only 1 pass rusher and if you see the right guy in the 17 draft, you play Ford in 17, use your cheap 5th year option on him in 18 and turn it over to the 17 draft pick in 19 (who everyone will be calling a bust by then because that's the Planet for you).

And besides, 2019 will be Houston's age 30 season and even if you were comfortable keeping Poe long term, having a 3rd pass rusher to keep Houston's legs fresher wouldn't hurt.

It would depend on the player but I could absolutely talk myself into it if the right player was there. I just don't see how I could convince myself that a safety would be the right guy there.

O.city
10-18-2016, 02:09 PM
Well, it should be a QB.

Drafting another part time player isn't the smart use of a first rounder and look no further than Dee Ford as an example.

Well, with the amount of rotation we have on both sides, you are gonna get a part time player pretty likely wherever you go.

O.city
10-18-2016, 02:11 PM
I'm not sure I'd ever be comfortable spending real money on Ford. I think I've been among Ford's biggest supporters but the guy's just immature. The old EQ just isn't there.

That would worry the hell out of me if I'm needing to spend $10-12 million to keep him in a couple of years. If he were to have a 10 sack season, that's probably what he'd cost with the rising cap.

This defense just doesn't work with only 1 pass rusher and if you see the right guy in the 17 draft, you play Ford in 17, use your cheap 5th year option on him in 18 and turn it over to the 17 draft pick in 19 (who everyone will be calling a bust by then because that's the Planet for you).

And besides, 2019 will be Houston's age 30 season and even if you were comfortable keeping Poe long term, having a 3rd pass rusher to keep Houston's legs fresher wouldn't hurt.

It would depend on the player but I could absolutely talk myself into it if the right player was there. I just don't see how I could convince myself that a safety would be the right guy there.

It's just a wash if you let berry walk, then trade up to spend a first on a safety. Essentially, you're replacing berry because the position isn't as important as the money he's asking for, then spend the value of multple picks and a 1st rounder.

Seems like treading water when you could use that pick on a potential dynamic passrusher or a (gulp) qb.

RunKC
10-18-2016, 02:11 PM

If he keeps playing this well and gets 9-10 sacks this year and then keeps playing like that next year I'm paying the man a good contract.

He's immature but so far he's playing well. I don't really care if he's immature off the field if he's good. Peters can be an immature hothead who lets his emotions get to him but I'd pay that man top market value.

O.city
10-18-2016, 02:12 PM
Also, ie ford's immaturity. Where's that coming from, I'm curious.

O.city
10-18-2016, 02:15 PM
If they're gonna trade up, it needs to be, has to be, for a qb.

Kizer or Watson from the little I've read, aren't shoe is foe early picks

DJ's left nut
10-18-2016, 02:20 PM
Also, ie ford's immaturity. Where's that coming from, I'm curious.

Nothing I've read directly, just kinda between the lines and then the mic'd up stuff and interviews with him.

He just seems like a huge 13 yr old out there.

O.city
10-18-2016, 02:24 PM
Nothing I've read directly, just kinda between the lines and then the mic'd up stuff and interviews with him.

He just seems like a huge 13 yr old out there.

Yeah, I can see that. He just seems indifferent.

DJ's left nut
10-18-2016, 02:29 PM
Yeah, I can see that. He just seems indifferent.

I'm not even sure it's indifferent; he seems to care but he just doesn't have a clue how to translate that energy.

That's why I referenced his EQ; he just doesn't seem to know how to properly use his emotions and energy. He's like a pre-teen before their pre-frontal cortex has fully developed. They tend to just end up, for lack of a more clinical term, annoying as hell and kinda goofy.

That's how Ford comes across to me; like an irritating little brother that I wouldn't want to spend much time with (and who will go off the rails if he ever gets paid big money). Oh sure, your irritating little brother might mean well, but he's still a pain in the ass.

sedated
10-18-2016, 02:57 PM
It's just a wash if you let berry walk, then trade up to spend a first on a safety. Essentially, you're replacing berry because the position isn't as important as the money he's asking for, then spend the value of multple picks and a 1st rounder.

Trading up in the 1st, yes. But the new CBA and rookie cap play a big part in why you may come out ahead by drafting a Safety high. Berry got an insane contract when he was drafted. Not only would you replace him with a much cheaper option, but the new guy could actually have a hope of turning into a HOF'r.

It seems Berry just refuses to take a reduced salary, one that was skewed far too high in the first place.

I'm not saying it should be done, I just don't think it would be a wash.

sedated
10-18-2016, 03:02 PM
Exactly.

If you think that safety is important enough to spend a 1st rounder on (especially trade up for), you might as well keep Berry.

I simply don't think the position is valuable enough for that kind of coin or draft capital.

I don't think the entire position of Safety should be disregarded. There's a reason Baltimore held onto Ed Reed, Pittsburgh kept Troy Polamalu, and Seattle kept Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas (all franchises considered having the smartest front offices, and all of which won Super Bowls with those guys).

But a guy with 5.5 sacks, 11 INTS, and 2 forced fumbles in 74 games is not in that category. What exactly he's done to be seen as one of the best in the game and (laugh) a possible HOF'r is beyond me.

RunKC
10-18-2016, 03:04 PM
Updated

O.city
10-18-2016, 03:04 PM
Trading up in the 1st, yes. But the new CBA and rookie cap play a big part in why you may come out ahead by drafting a S high. Berry got an insane contract when he was drafted. Not only would you replace him with a much cheaper option, but the new guy could actually have a hope of turning into a HOF'r.

It seems Berry just refuses to take a reduced salary, one that was skewed far too high in the first place.

I'm not saying it should be done, I just don't think it would be a wash.

Well, if our stated hope for a 1st round pick is a HoF player right away, we're gonna lose value. That's extremely unlikely.

Also, berry is a multiple time all pro player. As much as people here don't seem to think, he's a REALLY good player. The likelihood of another player even being that isn't that high.

Plus, we've already established a safety isn't worth a high salary, unless he's a transcendent talent. So, likely, we're spending a pick on one in the 1st again, then he's walking after the rookie deal.

Yeah, he's cheaper over the life of that deal, but unless he's an equal player in terms of what he brings vs berry, I dunno that the increase in value is that high

KranzDictum
10-18-2016, 03:05 PM
kc signed Kendall Reyes today, that is probably Bailey's replacement.

sedated
10-18-2016, 03:10 PM
Well, if our stated hope for a 1st round pick is a HoF player right away, we're gonna lose value. That's extremely unlikely.

Also, berry is a multiple time all pro player. As much as people here don't seem to think, he's a REALLY good player. The likelihood of another player even being that isn't that high.

Agree to disagree on the 2nd part. Berry is a nice player and a good locker room guy, but him being an multiple all-pro is a joke IMHO.

Personally, the expectation for any Safety taken in the 1st should be a HOF'r. The position isn't important enough to use that pick on a "nice player" (similar to taking a WR #1 overall, or a punter in the 4th round). We tried with Berry, it hasn't worked out that way, time to cut bait before crippling the salary cap.

ThaVirus
10-18-2016, 03:18 PM
Berry earned those All-Pros but he's not currently earning his salary and i think the best move would probably be letting him walk.

It's unfortunate but it's a business. That money is better served elsewhere.

O.city
10-18-2016, 03:24 PM
Agree to disagree on the 2nd part. Berry is a nice player and a good locker room guy, but him being an multiple all-pro is a joke IMHO.

Personally, the expectation for any Safety taken in the 1st should be a HOF'r. The position isn't important enough to use that pick on a "nice player" (similar to taking a WR #1 overall, or a punter in the 4th round). We tried with Berry, it hasn't worked out that way, time to cut bait before crippling the salary cap.

If the expectation for aNY drafted player is a HoF player, that seems pretty unrealistic.

They've gotten the value out of Berry for the most part. I wouldn't give him a big deal I don't think though

sedated
10-18-2016, 03:28 PM
If the expectation for aNY drafted player is a HoF player, that seems pretty unrealistic.

I don't think that's what I said. I said positions have value, so if you are going to take a certain position with a certain level of draft pick, you are expecting a HOF'r.

If you are saying you should never expect any player to be a HOF'r, then there's no way I'd take a safety with a top 5 pick. If the bar is set at JAG, I'm taking a more important position. Or more likely, trading down to get as many JAGs as possible.

O.city
10-18-2016, 03:32 PM
I don't think that's what I said. I said positions have value, so if you are going to take a certain position with a certain level of draft pick, you are expecting a HOF'r.

If you are saying you should never expect any player to be a HOF'r, then there's no way I'd take a safety with a top 5 pick. If the bar is set at JAG, I'm taking a more important position. Or more likely, trading down to get as many JAGs as possible.

Well, it's a big jump from JAG to HOF'R.

If the expectation of any draft pick is hall of fame player, you're gonna be let down like 99.9 percent of the time.

O.city
10-18-2016, 03:34 PM
Especially with the new rookie scale, if you can get a safety of Berry's caliber early, I'd be happy with it.

I would also draft a safety high, but I'm of the minority in my rating the safety spot

Dante84
10-18-2016, 07:33 PM
Bailey conceded that his season is over on his twitter

RealSNR
10-19-2016, 03:40 PM
kc signed Kendall Reyes today, that is probably Bailey's replacement.

He's not.