PDA

View Full Version : Misc First time parent type of question regarding Halloween

luv
10-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Lil man will be just shy of 8 months old whenever Halloween rolls around. We plan to get him a costume, take pictures, and go to some friends' house who have boys that are 4 and 7 to enjoy the evening. I am undecided on what I should do regarding trick-or-treating, though. I mean, it's obvious that he's not old enough to walk, let alone eat candy. And I know he won't remember it anyway. So, what would you do regarding trick-or-treating? Keep in mind that, if option 3 is decided on, we would divvy up any candy lil man gets among the older boys, after the adults pick though it. :)

seclark
10-18-2016, 03:03 PM
just let him soap up a few windows. he's too young for the candy anyway.
sec

seclark
10-18-2016, 03:03 PM
just let him soap up a few windows. he's too young for the candy anyway.
sec

hey, do kids even soap up windows anymore?
sec

The Franchise
10-18-2016, 03:06 PM
Put him in a costume and take him around. The bucket isn't necessary....but if you do take one....only do it for like 10-12 houses and call it good.

dj56dt58
10-18-2016, 03:08 PM
just take him. some people think its ridiculous because he cant eat the candy but fuck them. Its his first halloween and if u want to take him trick or treating do it

KranzDictum
10-18-2016, 03:08 PM
Just go to a couple family and friends houses, The pictures are the big deal, don't bother with the trick and treating after that unless you are going with other friends.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-18-2016, 03:10 PM
Personally as a non parent I think you'd look like a broke ass if you brought a bucket with him. I wouldn't do it at all.

Rasputin
10-18-2016, 03:11 PM
Put him in a costume and take him around. The bucket isn't necessary....but if you do take one....only do it for like 10-12 houses and call it good.

This but Mommy should dress up too. What is luv going be for Halloween?

luv
10-18-2016, 03:13 PM
I just don't want people thinking we're greedy for candy. I still think it would be fun, though. I'm leaning towards taking him door-to-door until he just gets too heavy to hold, and then sticking him in the stroller while the older boys finish up. We're going with friends who live in a very trick-or-treating friendly neighborhood and know our friends. Just mostly unsure about him having his own bucket.

luv
10-18-2016, 03:16 PM

I saw a comicon picture on Facebook where a mom dressed up as Khaleesi and dressed her kids up as dragons. There's no way I'm pulling off that look, though.

I'm thinking "Isaac's Mom" will do just fine. :)

KCUnited
10-18-2016, 03:16 PM
Take him around. I know my wife likes seeing the babies dressed up. But let the other kids, not just the ones with you, but the others in general, have the candy.

loochy
10-18-2016, 03:17 PM
Personally as a non parent I think you'd look like a broke ass if you brought a bucket with him. I wouldn't do it at all.

As a parent of a 2 year old, I think that too.

luv
10-18-2016, 03:19 PM

I'm thinking it would be tacky. If anyone were to offer candy (but who offers candy to a baby that young), I'd have them stick extra in the older boys' bags.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-18-2016, 03:22 PM
I'm thinking it would be tacky. If anyone were to offer candy (but who offers candy to a baby that young), I'd have them stick extra in the older boys' bags.

/thread

scho63
10-18-2016, 03:37 PM
Go out for some sympathy candy.

listopencil
10-18-2016, 03:43 PM
How cold is it going to be where you are on Halloween night? I'd say dress him up and take pictures, maybe take him to the houses of people that you know because they'll enjoy seeing him dressed up, but don't lug your 8 month old baby around at night in the cold for any extended period of time when you don't have to.

Bob Dole
10-18-2016, 04:05 PM
Bob Dole pushes a Chucky doll around in a stroller and just begs for chocolate, because Bob Dole is broke ass.

Gonzo
10-18-2016, 04:11 PM
Heya Luv...

Seriously, by the time you get out there for candy, he'll probably be pretty tired. Maybe walk with the other parents a bit so little man can see others in costumes and all but it'll likely be a short night.

Don't go door to door though. That's kinda pretentious.

Mr. Laz
10-18-2016, 04:15 PM
a lot of times they will have Halloween events indoors at malls and schools.

much safer and more comfortable

little one can see stuff better with lights on

TinyEvel
10-18-2016, 04:54 PM
You should be embarrassed if
1) your trick or treater is too young to walk. NO CANDY FOR YOU.
2) You are trick or treating and you have a valid driver's license NO CANDY FOR YOU.
3) Your costume is a "teenage kid with skateboard" NO CANDY FOR YOU.

last year a hot young mom in a hot young woman (e.g. sexy witch) type costume came knocking on our door at 10:30 pm. 10:30!!! holding a one-year old with two candy bags. It was the weirdest thing ever. Just, like the first 3 minutes of a pr0n but not with the same outcome. I gave her all the rest of our candy and told her to take the kid home.

lewdog
10-18-2016, 04:55 PM
Have your husband take him

You stay home for some alone time.

Profit.

Rain Man
10-18-2016, 05:07 PM
You should be embarrassed if
1) your trick or treater is too young to walk. NO CANDY FOR YOU.
2) You are trick or treating and you have a valid driver's license NO CANDY FOR YOU.
3) Your costume is a "teenage kid with skateboard" NO CANDY FOR YOU.

last year a hot young mom in a hot young woman (e.g. sexy witch) type costume came knocking on our door at 10:30 pm. 10:30!!! holding a one-year old with two candy bags. It was the weirdest thing ever. Just, like the first 3 minutes of a pr0n but not with the same outcome. I gave her all the rest of our candy and told her to take the kid home.

It's a good thing you gave her the treats, because you wouldn't want an attractive young woman turning tricks on your front porch.

Deberg_1990
10-18-2016, 05:15 PM
Trick or treating with a newborn who can't eat candy is so "17 year old teen mom"

Not Luv

Rasputin
10-18-2016, 06:00 PM

You should dress up like a stripper trying feed her kids and you will score more than just candy. Cha ching $$$$

Unsmooth-Moment
10-18-2016, 06:02 PM
We took our daughter when she was 2 last year. She really enjoyed the experience. We go out early and then come home to give out candy later in the night.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Why Not?
10-18-2016, 06:13 PM
Have your husband take him

You stay home for some alone time.

Profit.

This is basically my wife's plan ever year. Except last year when a certain baseball team was playing in the WS. I sat on my ass that Halloween

Boise_Chief
10-18-2016, 06:15 PM
I have never given it a thought when a mom with a little one was at my door. I feel they are there for my families enjoyment and to keep me from eating all the snickers bars.

lewdog
10-18-2016, 06:20 PM
This is basically my wife's plan ever year. Except last year when a certain baseball team was playing in the WS. I sat on my ass that Halloween

I love to handout candy on Halloween and we get over 200 kids here.

So last year I brought the TV out in the driveway and watched the WS and handed out candy. It was quite lovely.

PS Mrs. Why Not is a smart lady.

kccrow
10-18-2016, 06:31 PM
Put in stroller, no bucket, let the boys go door to door.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-18-2016, 06:40 PM

There's your solution. IMO

EPodolak
10-18-2016, 07:13 PM
I voted a stroll ride only. On the other hand the cute potential is high if trick or treating:

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/lobsterbaby__oPt.jpg

luv
10-18-2016, 07:51 PM
I voted a stroll ride only. On the other hand the cute potential is high if trick or treating:

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/lobsterbaby__oPt.jpg
That's a good idea for carrying...lol.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

luv
10-18-2016, 07:55 PM
Decided to take the stroller, but we'll probably only take him to the doors of the neighbors that our friends know really well. Lil man is a people watcher, so he'll get a kick out of watching the kids running around. He's going as a tiger. [emoji1]

Rasputin
10-18-2016, 08:08 PM
Decided to take the stroller, but we'll probably only take him to the doors of the neighbors that our friends know really well. Lil man is a people watcher, so he'll get a kick out of watching the kids running around. He's going as a tiger. [emoji1]

Any side of street a clown maybe on go to the other side. And if he follows you don't go down any alleys but get to a friends house quick.

Psyko Tek
10-19-2016, 12:01 AM
just take him. some people think its ridiculous because he cant eat the candy but fuck them. Its his first halloween and if u want to take him trick or treating do it

you're gonna eat his candy anyway,
i did
when my kids were that age stole the good stuff took the rest to work

Why Not?
10-19-2016, 12:35 AM
PS Mrs. Why Not is a smart lady.

I tend to agree, but some would consider her choice in marriage to be a black mark on her intelligence level

BlackHelicopters
10-19-2016, 07:45 AM
No candy for an 8 month old. Visit a few friends of yours with he young man in costume. Candy? See myself, tooge, or o.city.

ScareCrowe
10-19-2016, 08:52 AM
just take him. some people think its ridiculous because he cant eat the candy but **** them. Its his first halloween and if u want to take him trick or treating do it
I would agree with this, don't worry about what anyone else thinks if you want to take him & he isn't throwing a fit, take him. As long as he's having a good time don't worry about it.

Our son was 2 months on his first Halloween, we didn't do the neighborhood thing only because by the time we made it to all the relatives/good friends houses (they all wanted to take pictures etc so it took a while) it was too late for him. In fact we made a pact this year that we aren't spending more than 5 minutes at anyone's house so we can actually let him do some real trick or treating this year(he's 3 now)

Also a lot of the local churches have "trunk or treats" which is a good way to get the experience in a confined space/safe environment. We did a couple of those last year & the little man had a really good time.

Fish
10-19-2016, 08:55 AM
http://uploads.neatorama.com/images/posts/723/85/85723/1445901126-0.jpg

Simply Red
10-19-2016, 09:57 AM
http://i67.tinypic.com/b4db4l.jpg

temper11
10-19-2016, 11:25 AM

This. "Naughty Andy Reid" costume time for Luv!

O.city
10-19-2016, 11:45 AM
I ordered a keg for halloween. Gonna sell solo cups for 5 bucks on the front porch. Candy for all.

luv
10-20-2016, 09:12 AM
Holy moly. Why are infant costumes so friggin expensive? We were doing to tiger by default, because it's something cheap from Wally World. I found the perfect costume (that daddy would love), but $29.12 for an infant costume that you know there's no possibility of them wearing again?

https://www.amazon.com/Aeromax-Astronaut-patches-diaper-Months/dp/B0015MDVLW/ref=sr_1_23?s=apparel&rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1476975400&sr=1-23&nodeID=14194742011&keywords=infant%2Bhalloween%2Bcostumes&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011&th=1

BlackHelicopters
10-20-2016, 09:15 AM
I ordered a keg for halloween. Gonna sell solo cups for 5 bucks on the front porch. Candy for all.

Milwaukee's Best?

Radar Chief
10-20-2016, 09:18 AM

One of my neighbors hands out Mountain Dew and Top Roman noodles.

Hydrae
10-20-2016, 11:16 AM

My brother-in-law bought a red garbage can and dressed up as a solo cup one year. It was pretty darned good!