PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mellinger article on Hill

jjchieffan
10-24-2016, 10:55 AM
DJ''s left nut, TTC, and Clay, you may want to avoid this thread. It may get your panties in a wad.

Five seconds on a perfect afternoon is all you need to see to know why. It's why the men in charge of the Chiefs put their own credibility on the line for an admitted domestic abuser. It's why they were willing to drag the franchise through another messy argument, at least temporarily turning much of what they say they stand for into laughable propaganda.

This is a column about football, not morals. But this is also a column about Tyreek Hill, which means the line is blurry. Tyreek Hill made the most exciting, most breathtaking play in the Chiefs' 27-21 win over the Saints on Sunday.

That sentence will make Chiefs fans feel, something. Maybe all you care about is the touchdown. Maybe you will never forgive Hill for his monstrous act two years ago, or the Chiefs for bringing him to Kansas City.

Maybe you're like me, and go sad and sick whenever you think about what he did, and are disappointed the franchise of Jovan Belcher drafted Hill, but think the blame should be less on a football team and more on a justice system shamefully light on sentencing for convicted abusers of women.

No matter where you are on that issue, this column is not intended to change your mind.

This is about why the Chiefs took that risk in the fifth round of the draft back in May, why they've made sure Hill attends his court-mandated counseling, and why they thought the muck would be worth it.

It’s because of these five seconds.

"He's still a rookie, but he's off to the right start," veteran receiver Jeremy Maclin said.

First and 10 at the Saints' 38, and this is a perfect time to throw deep. If it goes incomplete, you have two more downs, and you're already on the edge of field goal range. Coach Andy Reid and quarterback Alex Smith are famously reluctant to go downfield. You know that, they know that, the other team knows that.

So it's doubly important for them to take those shots, to at least show they can, because otherwise they're throwing tunnel screens against 11 men close to the line of scrimmage.

Hill is freakishly fast — 4.24 seconds in the 40 at his pro day — and could be the Chiefs' best deep threat since, what, J.J. Birden?

"He opens everything up for all of the rest of us," Maclin says.

So, about those five seconds. Smith sees the read he wants — single coverage on Hill, with no safety over the top. He takes a short drop back and makes a trust throw high and long, believing that his guy will win the play. When Smith throws, Saints cornerback Ken Crawley is three or four yards closer to the ball's landing spot than Hill.

"Alex just told me to run as fast as I can," Hill said.

At the 14, the ball still in the air, Crawley is still a yard or two ahead of Hill. From that moment to the goal line, Hill takes seven steps. He runs past Crawley around the 10. By the six, Hill is a step behind the corner. Crawley knows it, too. He starts tugging and shoving at Hill around the five.

Hill is small — 5-foot-10 and 185 pounds, the third-smallest man on the roster — but he is also strong. Crawley's hands aren't effective. Receivers coach David Culley has talked about this moment all week, telling his guys they will have to fight downfield against a physical group of defensive backs.

Hill shakes off the coverage, plants his left foot at the 1, and leaps into the end zone. Smith's pass is perfectly placed, and in midair, Hill makes a one-handed basket catch with his left hand, rolling onto the ground with the touchdown.

There is nobody else on the roster who could've made this play. Nobody on any Chiefs roster in recent history could've made this play.

Maybe the Chiefs could've scored on this drive anyway. The Saints' defense stinks. But this was the Chiefs' one big play that was more about a singular talent than preparation or scheme, and the Chiefs won by six.

The front office did not take this kind of risk for a singles hitter.

"We're asking him to do a lot of different things," Reid said. "He's a sharp kid. So we've been able to give him maybe a little bit more than I thought as a rookie that you'd probably be able to do, but he's handled it."

Funny moment after the game. Someone asked Hill about Smith, and to be fair, Smith has played very well two games in a row — 36 for 46 for 438 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions in two wins.

Tyreek Hill says extra work with Alex Smith paid off
Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill said extra work with quarterback Alex Smith paid off with a touchdown reception Sunday against the New Orleans Saints.
Blair Kerkhoff The Kansas City Star
But, then, well, Hill said something of Smith that no serious person has said about Smith since, well, ever.

"He could be a future Hall of Famer, who knows?"

Well, Smith knows. Smith's family knows. His coaches know. You know. I know. But that's not the point. This is where Hill is at the moment, and it's who he's been with the Chiefs. He is eager. He is earnest. He calls everyone sir. Compliments his coaches constantly. Talks more about his mistakes than his successes, and more about his weaknesses than strengths.

He spent training camp driving an enormous old clunker, literally getting around in what his coaches saw as a symbol of humility.

Hill still has much to clean up. He made a mistake with the Chiefs leading late in the fourth quarter, going out of bounds on an end-around, stopping the clock. His teammates say his route running is more advanced than he's shown in games, but so far he's been limited mostly to screens and go routes.

DEFENSE STEPS UP, CHIEFS HOLD ON FOR 27-21 WIN OVER SAINTS

The rest of it may or may not come, of course. He's still young. His ultimate success or failure will be digested by many fans and media as a statement of his character. That will be misguided. It will only be a statement of his ability to play in the NFL. We don't know how any of that will work out.

All we know now is that he's doing the right things, and showing enough to see why the Chiefs took on this significant risk in the first place.

"I feel pretty good," he said. "I'm laughing, each and every day. I'm having fun with these guys. The guys are starting to trust me, and I'm starting to trust them. Once you get that down, you're comfortable."

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article110053187.html#storylink=cpy

Rasputin
10-24-2016, 11:04 AM
Smith has played very well two games in a row — 36 for 46 for 438 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions in two wins.

This is all we get out of Smith from playing two of the worst defense this year has to offer? I mean I think we need to do better because defenses don't get much easier well maybe against the Colts but they can also put points on the board with Luck.

Lonewolf Ed
10-24-2016, 11:14 AM
It was hard not to comment yesterday on a friend from school's FB post. He said he can never support Hill due to his domestic abuse, yet he is friends and hangs out with another schoolmate of ours who did 20 years for murder two of his girlfriend. I know very little of the story with Hill. My hope is that he is turning his life around and won't end up doing something like it again.

carcosa
10-24-2016, 11:31 AM
What he did was indefensible, but unlike many other high profile abusers, Hill has shown contrition for his actions and seems to have a genuine desire to become a better person. The Chiefs should have the zeroest of zero tolerance policies with him; if he so much as nudges a woman, they should cut him immediately. Until then, though, I want to believe that people can change, and that Hill will make the most of a second chance he perhaps doesn't deserve.

Mr. Laz
10-24-2016, 11:35 AM
"He opens everything up for all of the rest of us," Maclin says.
Then why is Wilson still getting reps?

FYI that pass to hill was perfect, it was the pass interference that caused Hill to have to make an acrobatic catch. Kudos to both Smith and Hill

Marcellus
10-24-2016, 12:08 PM
Smith has played very well two games in a row — 36 for 46 for 438 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions in two wins.

This is all we get out of Smith from playing two of the worst defense this year has to offer? I mean I think we need to do better because defenses don't get much easier well maybe against the Colts but they can also put points on the board with Luck.

I know right. I hate winning too.

carcosa
10-24-2016, 12:09 PM
What he did was indefensible, but unlike many other high profile abusers, Hill has shown contrition for his actions and seems to have a genuine desire to become a better person. The Chiefs should have the zeroest of zero tolerance policies with him; if he so much as nudges a woman, they should cut him immediately. Until then, though, I want to believe that people can change, and that Hill will make the most of a second chance he perhaps doesn't deserve.

This well-reasoned article has me reconsidering the "zero tolerance" part:

http://deadspin.com/zero-tolerance-for-domestic-violence-will-only-make-it-1787428167

It's good that the Chiefs are making sure that Hill is going to his court-mandated counseling session. That's more important than taking a tough stance for the sake of PR.

notorious
10-24-2016, 12:09 PM
Then why is Wilson still getting reps?

FYI that pass to hill was perfect, it was the pass interference that caused Hill to have to make an acrobatic catch. Kudos to both Smith and Hill

And the fuckstick officials didn't call it. It was egregious.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-24-2016, 12:14 PM
Deion Sanders called Alex Smith elite yesterday, so there's that.

Rasputin
10-24-2016, 12:19 PM
I know right. I hate winning too.

I'm not complaining about winning I'm complaining that our offense still needs to step it up because we will be facing much harder defenses maybe not this week against the Colts but we still need to show this offense can put up points because scoring points is how you win games. Duh.

Good fucking God you can't just God damned expect a little better than we fucking are doing around here fuck you asshole.

Maybe expect just a little less giving the Saints a chance for a comeback by having the offense shove the ball down their throat to finish the game.

Marcellus
10-24-2016, 12:24 PM
I'm not complaining about winning I'm complaining that our offense still needs to step it up because we will be facing much harder defenses maybe not this week against the Colts but we still need to show this offense can put up points because scoring points is how you win games. Duh.

Good ****ing God you can't just God damned expect a little better than we ****ing are doing around here **** you asshole.

Maybe expect just a little less giving the Saints a chance for a comeback by having the offense shove the ball down their throat to finish the game.

Have you happened to notice the difference in play calling when we are ahead vs behind in games?

KCUnited
10-24-2016, 12:24 PM
I feel better knowing he's humble enough to drive an old beat her around.

Marcellus
10-24-2016, 12:25 PM
I feel better knowing he's humble enough to drive an old beat her around.

Oh snap.

Rasputin
10-24-2016, 12:28 PM
Have you happened to notice the difference in play calling when we are ahead vs behind in games?

What by playing not to lose? Then that also puts our team on the ropes like it did against the Saints and gave Drew Brees extra opportunity to beat our asses. No that's not good enough if we are going to try for bigger and better things this year.

Mr. Laz
10-24-2016, 12:39 PM
And the fuckstick officials didn't call it. It was egregious.

refs were complete shit yesterday

Marcellus
10-24-2016, 12:41 PM
What by playing not to lose? Then that also puts our team on the ropes like it did against the Saints and gave Drew Brees extra opportunity to beat our asses. No that's not good enough if we are going to try for bigger and better things this year.

I'm not arguing the merits of what they are doing, I am just pointing out they seem to go very vanilla on offense with a 2 score lead.

Mr. Laz
10-24-2016, 12:43 PM
Andy Reid is a fine HC, he brings stability and respectability to the Chiefs.

He is also overrated and a weakness as an OC.

He costs us in almost every freaking game is someway. It may not cost us a win but he is still a weakness.

Rasputin
10-24-2016, 12:49 PM
I'm not arguing the merits of what they are doing, I am just pointing out they seem to go very vanilla on offense with a 2 score lead.

You still have to execute plays going "vanilla" is a copout for an offense.

JC my coach in HS would go livid if the offense went soft playing and we would put up 45 points a game.

And don't take my criticism as not being happy for a win. I'm fucking overjoyed for the fucking win ok.

I just have higher expectations because boom we won a playoff game so we should have higher expectations now.

Marcellus
10-24-2016, 12:56 PM
You still have to execute plays going "vanilla" is a copout for an offense.

JC my coach in HS would go livid if the offense went soft playing and we would put up 45 points a game.

And don't take my criticism as not being happy for a win. I'm ****ing overjoyed for the ****ing win ok.

I just have higher expectations because boom we won a playoff game so we should have higher expectations now.

The only play Smith missed in that game as far as I can tell was a wide open Maclin down the sideline on the pass absolutely dropped by Harris (I think) that would have been a 1st down as well and ended the game.

No idea how he didn't see him.

Anyway the best improvement so far is he is averaging 10 yards a pass attempt the last 2 weeks. That is what we need. Its not sexy but its damn effective.

BigBeauford
10-24-2016, 01:01 PM
We live in a society where ordinary citizens have higher standards placed on them than our celebrities. A teacher in Washington shows up to class drunk, gets fired and dragged through the media mud then commits suicide, while we are stuck voting for Trump or Hilary, the Wells Fargo ceo gets to leave with over $100 million in compensation, and a man who beats the **** out of his pregnant girlfriend gets cheered by millions to catch a football. **** Tyreek Hill.

jjchieffan
10-24-2016, 01:10 PM
We live in a society where ordinary citizens have higher standards placed on them than our celebrities. A teacher in Washington shows up to class drunk, gets fired and dragged through the media mud then commits suicide, while we are stuck voting for Trump or Hilary, the Wells Fargo ceo gets to leave with over $100 million in compensation, and a man who beats the **** out of his pregnant girlfriend gets cheered by millions to catch a football. **** Tyreek Hill.

Exaggerate much? He did not beat the **** out of her. He put her in a chokehold. Still bad, but not the same. If I got a hold of you and put you in a chokehold, would you go around saying that I beat the**** out of you? No. You would laugh it off and say that I just got you down but it's all good. And you just as well get over it. He's a Chief. Ge/s playing well and keeping out of trouble, so he's not going anywhere.

Rasputin
10-24-2016, 01:16 PM
Exaggerate much? He did not beat the **** out of her. He put her in a chokehold. Still bad, but not the same. If I got a hold of you and put you in a chokehold, would you go around saying that I beat the**** out of you? No. You would laugh it off and say that I just got you down but it's all good. And you just as well get over it. He's a Chief. Ge/s playing well and keeping out of trouble, so he's not going anywhere.

You are one fucked up dude. He hurt her bad enough to go to the hospital that is beating her up. He also tried choking the life out of her and your just playing that off like no big deal.

You are fucked up in the head.

Rasputin
10-24-2016, 01:20 PM
Everyone should just choke out their gf/wife and then apply to work for the Chiefs.

BleedingRed
10-24-2016, 01:21 PM
You are one ****ed up dude. He hurt her bad enough to go to the hospital that is beating her up. He also tried choking the life out of her and your just playing that off like no big deal.

You are ****ed up in the head.

Hey man, 7 points is 7 points.......... Go Chiefs!

threebag
10-24-2016, 01:21 PM

LMAO that doesn't factor in with these idiots. I think most of them are too busy thumb popping their assholes to watch the games and just read up on stats or catch PFF

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2016, 01:28 PM
A POS pregnant girl friend beater scored a touchdown. His sins should be forgiven. Fuck that.

Beef Supreme
10-24-2016, 01:30 PM
Your opinion on this issue, no matter which side ... nobody gives a shit.

Marcellus
10-24-2016, 01:31 PM
A POS pregnant girl friend beater scored a touchdown. His sins should be forgiven. **** that.

Who has ever said Hill's sins should simply be forgiven?

RealSNR
10-24-2016, 01:32 PM
I definitely noticed a difference in playcalling when we went up 28 points on the Colts in the 3rd quarter of our playoff game 3 years ago.

The Saints aren't to be messed with. We just let the 2nd best QB in the game do what he wanted in the 4th quarter, because our offense wasn't going to force the issue and like, you know, score points.

That kind of mentality will get us killed again one of these days. I'm anticipating it to be in the playoffs.

RealSNR
10-24-2016, 01:33 PM

He punched her in the face. And the STOMACH. WHILE SHE WAS PREGNANT.

jjchieffan
10-24-2016, 01:37 PM
You are one ****ed up dude. He hurt her bad enough to go to the hospital that is beating her up. He also tried choking the life out of her and your just playing that off like no big deal.

You are ****ed up in the head.

That's not the way I heard it. And no I am not playing it off as no big deal. I specifically said that it was bad. All I was saying is that what you are saying is an exaggeration of what I understand it to be. Regardless. It happened before he was a Chief. He has a clean record before and after this incident. He made a mistake. He admits that he made a terrible mistake, and he is just living his life now. Some of you guys act like she was your sister, daughter, mother, whatever. I wonder how the victim feels? Does she think he deserves to be in the NFL? Has she forgiven him? Because frankly, her opinion is the only one that matters in this instance. If she has forgiven him and wishes him well, then, in the words of Dr Phil, "Who do you think you are?" to judge him?

jjchieffan
10-24-2016, 01:39 PM

You're gonna have to link that. I never heard it that way. This is starting to sound like the exaggerated story in Unforgiven. "They cut her all up and even cut her tits off"

Chromatic
10-24-2016, 01:39 PM
I'm all for keeping him on the team provided he's shown that he's willing to take the steps to be a better person, but he should permanently be on strike 2.

He deserves a chance but absolutely no leeway.

Hydrae
10-24-2016, 01:40 PM

I don't know the story to any deep level when it comes to Tyreek but I though in this society we allowed people to pay their debt to society (as mandated by the court system) and then move on with their lives. Is that not the case here? Has he paid his debt as dictated by the courts?

If the answer to those two questions is yes then I do not understand the issue here. What he did was bad, very, very bad but that is in the past now and he should be allowed to pursue a career. Or do people think that because of this in his past he should not be allowed into certain professions like playing in the NFL? Should he be relegated to flipping burgers for the rest of his life?

:shrug: I just don't understand why this (or any) young man should not be allowed to have a life even after such an egregious mistake.

Marcellus
10-24-2016, 01:41 PM
I'm all for keeping him on the team provided he's shown that he's willing to take the steps to be a better person, but he should permanently be on strike 2.

Its not like there is much leeway to be given in this circumstance, its a pretty clear line.

Iowanian
10-24-2016, 01:44 PM
There are probably a dozen players on every team who have done worse. There is likely someone you work with right now who has done worse.

I don't support hitting women and as a rule of thumb wish bad things on those people.

That said, I'm watching a football game and when I watch with my kids, we aren't looking at anyone there as a life coach o role model.
I'd wager all of us have done things or made decisions we'd re-do if we had a chance. Most people learn from those moments and move on.

If he helps the Chiefs win, great. We'll cheer that. I'll handle the life coaching and role modeling at home.

Red Dawg
10-24-2016, 01:44 PM

I agree. That is the best he can do. It's just the way he is but in year 4 of the same coaches and system it's pretty sad we can't put up more points. We have the players to do it but Smith is not the guy to take advantage.

I really hope they move on next season.

BigBeauford
10-24-2016, 01:45 PM
I don't know the story to any deep level when it comes to Tyreek but I though in this society we allowed people to pay their debt to society (as mandated by the court system) and then move on with their lives. Is that not the case here? Has he paid his debt as dictated by the courts?

If the answer to those two questions is yes then I do not understand the issue here. What he did was bad, very, very bad but that is in the past now and he should be allowed to pursue a career. Or do people think that because of this in his past he should not be allowed into certain professions like playing in the NFL? Should he be relegated to flipping burgers for the rest of his life?

:shrug: I just don't understand why this (or any) young man should not be allowed to have a life even after such an egregious mistake.

Debt to society means a lot of things. One guy can rape a woman and get 15 years, while another gets 3 months. One guy could beat the fuck out of his pregnant girlfriend and get his nursing liscence revoked, thus relegating him to burger flipping status, and the other might be signing autographs for your kid.

jjchieffan
10-24-2016, 01:46 PM

Exactly.

The Franchise
You're gonna have to link that. I never heard it that way. This is starting to sound like the exaggerated story in Unforgiven. "They cut her all up and even cut her tits off"

So you know.....that was fucking hard to find. :rolleyes:

http://newsok.com/article/5399812

Espinal said Hill was upset and did not want to talk, then threw her phone and laptop into the hallway outside his room. Espinal went to retrieve those items and Hill shut the door. She says the assault — which includes alleged choking, tearing of her shirt, punching of her face and stomach — occurred when she returned to the room.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/08/21/tyreek-hill-oklahoma-state-football-domestic-violence-battery-plea-agreement

Hill's girlfriend at the time said they were arguing at his residence when the incident "escalated into a physical altercation." She told police that Hill, 20, hit her in the face and stomach and proceeded to choke her. She was treated and later released from the hospital. She told police she was eight-weeks pregnant with Hill's child.

But let me guess.....she's probably lying....right?

Marcellus
I agree. That is the best he can do. It's just the way he is but in year 4 of the same coaches and system it's pretty sad we can't put up more points. We have the players to do it but Smith is not the guy to take advantage.

Are you absolutely sure this is how you feel about Alex Smith? I think some of us are still not sure since you only post this about 10x a day.

bishop_74
10-24-2016, 01:48 PM

Looks like that is what she told police. Man. I didn't really look in to it either.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/08/21/tyreek-hill-oklahoma-state-football-domestic-violence-battery-plea-agreement

Hill's girlfriend at the time said they were arguing at his residence when the incident "escalated into a physical altercation." She told police that Hill, 20, hit her in the face and stomach and proceeded to choke her. She was treated and later released from the hospital. She told police she was eight-weeks pregnant with Hill's child.

Marcellus
10-24-2016, 01:49 PM
So you know.....that was ****ing hard to find. :rolleyes:

8 weeks pregnant? Still plenty of time to get an abortion that most of would have had no issue with.

Hydrae
10-24-2016, 01:49 PM
Debt to society means a lot of things. One guy can rape a woman and get 15 years, while another gets 3 months. One guy could beat the **** out of his pregnant girlfriend and get his nursing liscence revoked, thus relegating him to burger flipping status, and the other might be signing autographs for your kid.

What you list there as discrepancies are court related issues. If the violator has completed paying his debt to society as dictated by the court where the case was heard then they must be allowed to move ahead with their lives. Otherwise you should just put a bullet in their head or expect to support them on welfare for the rest of their lives because you are giving them no other options.

Not going to stick around and argue because I don't want to derail the thread any further and because it won't change any minds. I just hate seeing a young person made a (terrible) mistake and have it screw them for the next 50+ years they have to live and contribute to our society.

RealSNR
10-24-2016, 01:50 PM

Pestilence already linked you, but here's another one. Do you trust the Washington Post to get facts right?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/04/30/chiefs-draft-pick-tyreek-hill-stirs-talk-of-nfls-domestic-violence-issue/

Yeah, I just made shit up because I saw it in a movie.

You're a ****ing idiot.

Hydrae
10-24-2016, 01:54 PM
Ok, I do have one last observation on this topic...

Espinal said Hill was upset and did not want to talk, then threw her phone and laptop into the hallway outside his room. Espinal went to retrieve those items and Hill shut the door. She says the assault — which includes alleged choking, tearing of her shirt, punching of her face and stomach — occurred when she returned to the room.

I don't know about the rest of the manly men around here but I think if I was arguing with someone who then threw my shit in the hall and closed then door I do not think the smartest thing to do is to go right back into the room. I think I might give that person at least a minute or two before confronting them again.

Not excusing his actions in the least but that was a very stupid move on her part in the first place IMO.

Again, hitting a woman is never okay (well, if she starts it then all bets are off in my opinion).

Willie Lanier
10-24-2016, 01:57 PM
There are probably a dozen players on every team who have done worse. There is likely someone you work with right now who has done worse.

I don't support hitting women and as a rule of thumb wish bad things on those people.

That said, I'm watching a football game and when I watch with my kids, we aren't looking at anyone there as a life coach o role model.
I'd wager all of us have done things or made decisions we'd re-do if we had a chance. Most people learn from those moments and move on.

If he helps the Chiefs win, great. We'll cheer that. I'll handle the life coaching and role modeling at home.

This

KChiefs1
10-24-2016, 01:59 PM
So Tyreek cut her tits off too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lzen
10-24-2016, 02:02 PM

Good Lord, you're an idiot. The only reasons the Chiefs didn't do more in the second half against the Saints were 1) The Saints controlled the clock on a long drive to start the second half and 2) Andy Reid's play calling went very conservative. Nothing that I could see is to blame on Alex Smith. Yes, he may have missed Maclin on that one play (I said as much during the game) but I need to see the all 22 film to confirm that.

Iowanian
10-24-2016, 02:07 PM
I'm a person who judges people in real life and I'm not one to overlook past transgressions but most people do.

A couple of weeks ago a group of people were hanging out in my shop and began discussing what a "great guy" someone was...several times talked a bout him being a great guy, hard worker...who makes dumb mistakes when he drinks.....and I couldn't help it and said "Like molesting little girls, F that guy". Buzz kill, but I'm not overlooking that.

Last week, my FB feed hit me with a new "recommended friend"....It was a guy who shot and killed my friend in HS. he's out in the world, and some of our mutual friends had "friended" him. F that guy forever.

There are also people who have done things I didn't respect, but fixed their problems and are now solid citizens and humans.

When Hill's own ex gf was on his side, that's all I need to know in order to watch him play football. IT's not the same criteria I'd be using if he were trying to date my daughter.

Marcellus
10-24-2016, 02:12 PM
Hill will never be my favorite player as I tend to like high character guys, people that would seem to be fun to have a beer and a discussion with like Hali, or DJ, but I am certainly not going to invest any of my time on hating the guy.

I wish him luck because if he has any more personal problems its not going to be of benefit for his son. If he turns his life around it is a benefit to his son and exGF or whatever she is now.

Baby Lee
10-24-2016, 02:22 PM
Debt to society means a lot of things. One guy can rape a woman and get 15 years, while another gets 3 months. One guy could beat the fuck out of his pregnant girlfriend and get his nursing liscence revoked, thus relegating him to burger flipping status, and the other might be signing autographs for your kid.

Certainly

River Phoenix died in his own puke barely out of his teens
Robert Downey Jr. is the centerpiece of the Marvel film franchise

They were both approximately the same age and were engaging in the same behavior at the same time.

mdchiefsfan
10-24-2016, 02:22 PM

In both games we got up by 2 scores going into the half. We played grind it out, chew the clock mode, which lessened the yardage for Smith.

You can complain about the fact that Reid chooses this strategy, but you really can't blame Smith for executing the offense that was called.

jjchieffan
10-24-2016, 02:25 PM
So you know.....that was ****ing hard to find. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to say she was lying. I just hadn't seen that version of the story. That's a pretty horrific story. But at the end of the day, my stance remains the same. As long as it was a one time incident and nothing remotely close to that ever happens again, then I will accept that he knows that he made a terrible mistake and won't hold it against him. If he does ever do it again, then he should be cut immediately and no more chances. He is doing counseling. He is saying and doing all of the right things. now. Keep that up and leave the past in the past.

Red Dawg
10-24-2016, 02:28 PM
Good Lord, you're an idiot. The only reasons the Chiefs didn't do more in the second half against the Saints were 1) The Saints controlled the clock on a long drive to start the second half and 2) Andy Reid's play calling went very conservative. Nothing that I could see is to blame on Alex Smith. Yes, he may have missed Maclin on that one play (I said as much during the game) but I need to see the all 22 film to confirm that.

I laugh at you. As if Smith at any time with the Chiefs has ever been the guy that gets our offense points. A hand full of games at best. Last season week after week the defense had to do the heavy lifting. This season dam near the same story. Our offense has a real problem finding the end zone and that is a fact and a direct reflection on his skills. Andy is a problem but it would help if we had a QB that actually is a threat to throw td's. Smith has two legit TD passes in 6 games that actually traveled far enough in the air when the game mattered to be considered what other qb's do every week.

He missed wide open guys that would have gotten easy TD's against Houston, Pitt and another one yesterday. Not everything is his fault but give me break with he's playing well bullshit. He's playing like rookie just hoping not to mess up.

MIAdragon
10-24-2016, 02:38 PM

dont forget the choke part

The Franchise
10-24-2016, 02:43 PM
8 weeks pregnant? Still plenty of time to get an abortion that most of would have had no issue with.

:spock:

So exactly at what amount of time is it NOT ok to hit a pregnant woman in the stomach?

Beef Supreme
10-24-2016, 02:44 PM
Muthafucker can run though. Amirite?

jettio
10-24-2016, 02:55 PM
I remember Mellinger and all of the other white people in the media who decided their public wanted them to be sanctimonious universally said that Tyreek Hill was not that good of a player because he did not dominate at West Alabama.

They all said the Chiefs were fools to draft someone with his history because he was not very talented on the field.

I like how these sports media people think they are some kind of moral arbiters.

I would suppose the clergy of the different faiths and denominations would have advised that the best thing would be to give the guy a chance and not take away his best chance to make a living for his family.

KChiefs1
10-24-2016, 03:07 PM
Hill will never be my favorite player as I tend to like high character guys, people that would seem to be fun to have a beer and a discussion with like Hali, or DJ, but I am certainly not going to invest any of my time on hating the guy.

I wish him luck because if he has any more personal problems its not going to be of benefit for his son. If he turns his life around it is a benefit to his son and exGF or whatever she is now.

Pretty much explains my feelings about him. If his girlfriend & family has forgiven him why can't I? We are living in a world where everyone gets a second chance. It seems like he is trying to earn his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcellus
10-24-2016, 03:08 PM

So exactly at what amount of time is it NOT ok to hit a pregnant woman in the stomach?

Its never OK to hit a woman unless she is threatening you with a gun or something, pregnant or not. That's a silly question.

The Franchise
10-24-2016, 03:12 PM
Its never OK to hit a woman unless she is threatening you with a gun or something, pregnant or not. That's a silly question.

So then your 8 week comment is pointless and fucking stupid.

dls6501
10-24-2016, 03:16 PM
Put the following comment in the Alex thread because I didnt realize there would be an entire thread devoted to that one play (I guess I should have known since this kind of play happens at the same frequency as a solar eclipse).....

I will tell you guys this much. That touchdown throw to Hill yesterday was the EXACT type of thing I have been praying Alex Smith would do more. He finally gave his receiver a chance to make a play. Hill wasnt open when he threw it. Hill wasnt even really open when he caught it. But he made the play anyway.

Alex needs to do this more often. Have some trust and let your guys go try to make a play! I hope to see more of this (Cant say I expect to see it more, but hope to see more).

Marcellus
10-24-2016, 03:17 PM
So then your 8 week comment is pointless and ****ing stupid.

Actually no, it wasn't pointless.

Coochie liquor
10-24-2016, 03:17 PM

Our rushing has been the focus though. Believe me, I'd love to see a strong armed qb with the offensive weapons we have. But idk if Andy would change the playcalking enough to actually take advantage. I do remember McNabb hitting recievers deep, but a lot was mostly screens then too.

Marcellus
10-24-2016, 03:21 PM
Our rushing has been the focus though. Believe me, I'd love to see a strong armed qb with the offensive weapons we have. But idk if Andy would change the playcalking enough to actually take advantage. I do remember McNabb hitting recievers deep, but a lot was mostly screens then too.

10 yards per pass attempt is pretty effective passing. It also helps open the run game.

Baby Lee
10-24-2016, 03:22 PM

How OK is it to hit a nonpregnant woman?

I get the outrage, but if you're going to interject the spectre of pregnancy into the issue, it's relevant whether she has a peanut in her torso or 7 pounds of viable infant.

rabblerouser
10-24-2016, 03:23 PM

I've noticed. It's tucking beyond maddening.

Baby Lee
10-24-2016, 03:26 PM
And FTR people should be cognizant, all this grousing about Tyreek isn't about Tyreek, largely.

It's about a contingent of people determined to diminish our enjoyment of the team's fortunes because they have an understandable, but deeply personal, beef with one player.

You have a problem with Tyreek, that's fine. But to grouse everytime he does something good on the field because we enjoy the Chiefs having success is also disrespectful to your fellow fans.

It's a cousin of the whole Kapernick drama where we sit down to watch a damn game to unwind and relax, and people are determined to remind us 'while you're enjoying yourself, remember people are suffering.'

We know. We're thinking about it 24/7, except for this little oasis for 3 hours on the weekends in the fall. You gotta shit that up too?

jjchieffan
10-24-2016, 03:44 PM
So then your 8 week comment is pointless and ****ing stupid.

I took his comment a little differently than you did apparently. I took it that hitting her was bad regardless of the fact that she was 8 weeks pregnant. That some people are magnifying the issue by stating that she was pregnant. He then pointed out that many here don't care about that baby in the womb when the mother decides to murder him or her. Where is the outrage for that poor defenseless child?

Deberg_1990
10-24-2016, 03:46 PM
just keep scoring TDs!

and all will be forgiven....

ModSocks
10-24-2016, 03:50 PM
Let the man move on, sheesh. Did Mellinger really need to bring this shit up?

BigBeauford
10-24-2016, 03:53 PM
And FTR people should be cognizant, all this grousing about Tyreek isn't about Tyreek, largely.

It's about a contingent of people determined to diminish our enjoyment of the team's fortunes because they have an understandable, but deeply personal, beef with one player.

You have a problem with Tyreek, that's fine. But to grouse everytime he does something good on the field because we enjoy the Chiefs having success is also disrespectful to your fellow fans.

It's a cousin of the whole Kapernick drama where we sit down to watch a damn game to unwind and relax, and people are determined to remind us 'while you're enjoying yourself, remember people are suffering.'

We know. We're thinking about it 24/7, except for this little oasis for 3 hours on the weekends in the fall. You gotta shit that up too?

I think telling people not to speak out against domestic abuse just because he's your special player on your favorite team does a great injustice for the victims of it, especially those who are powerless against rich and famous athletes. That's fine if people don't want to hear about, I won't shit up any more threads about it.

jjchieffan
10-24-2016, 03:57 PM
just keep scoring TDs!

and all will be forgiven....

All of you high and mighty asshats refuse to answer this question. But I will continue to ask it. She has forgiven him and wishes him well in his NFL career. If she can forgive him and move on, why do you think that you have the right to judge him? Mind your own business and enjoy the game.

ModSocks
10-24-2016, 04:04 PM
People make mistakes. Especially young people. Im sure we've all done something we regret. Some of us probably did some very asshole-things, yet our lives moved on.

Let his life move on. We don't need to bury him every time his name is mentioned.

BryanBusby
10-24-2016, 04:04 PM
Neat, we're having a conversation from May again.

ModSocks
10-24-2016, 04:07 PM

Mellinger wanted to stir the pot.

You know, do something "controversial".

BryanBusby
10-24-2016, 04:09 PM
He tries a little too hard, at times, to fill Kent's shoes.

MeatRock
10-24-2016, 04:11 PM

ROFL You don't have a fucking choice.

Chromatic
10-24-2016, 04:13 PM
ROFL You don't have a fucking choice.

You mean Dorsey and Reid DON'T put all personnel and/or draft decisions to an online vote?

This is distressing news.

MeatRock
10-24-2016, 04:18 PM
You mean Dorsey and Reid DON'T put all personnel and/or draft decisions to an online vote?

This is distressing news.

:D

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-24-2016, 04:34 PM

You're seriously complaining about 78% completion and no turnovers? We are a run heavy offense you mouth breathing bastard. We run a two tight end formation on more than of plays. Ware is the MVP of this offense, why in earth would we NOT give him the rock and expect Smith to have to do more than he needs to?

*** **** idiot.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-24-2016, 04:39 PM
All of you high and mighty asshats refuse to answer this question. But I will continue to ask it. She has forgiven him and wishes him well in his NFL career. If she can forgive him and move on, why do you think that you have the right to judge him? Mind your own business and enjoy the game.

Self righteous posters hiding behind the internet will do that. They know who they are. And they need to shut the hell up and keep it football related.

SAUTO
10-24-2016, 04:44 PM

Pretty sure she didn't move on.

They are still together last I heard...

Baby Lee
10-24-2016, 04:45 PM
I think telling people not to speak out against domestic abuse just because he's your special player on your favorite team does a great injustice for the victims of it, especially those who are powerless against rich and famous athletes. That's fine if people don't want to hear about, I won't shit up any more threads about it.

I didn't say don't speak out against domestic abuse, but it's going to become a real slog if on every play we have someone reminding us we should still be bummed by reminding us of every single thing each player involved has done wrong in their life at that moment.

Heck, if you want to, do like Kapernick and post a reminder every game during the national anthem that you won't be watching until domestic violence is a thing of the past.

But otherwise, we're just going to end up with no one enjoying any entertainment communally, because every communal experience morphs into a vigil for society's ills.

Rasputin
10-24-2016, 04:47 PM
You're seriously complaining about 78% completion and no turnovers? We are a run heavy offense you mouth breathing bastard. We run a two tight end formation on more than of plays. Ware is the MVP of this offense, why in earth would we NOT give him the rock and expect Smith to have to do more than he needs to?

*** **** idiot.

LMAO

You think scoring 28 points is going beat a team like the Patriots in the playoffs?

How did it work for us last year?

I get it we went into a shell to control the clock but we still managed to give Drew Brees opportunity to beat us. I'm just glad our defense is pretty stout and will get better with a healthy Justin Houston.

BryanBusby
10-24-2016, 04:49 PM
Yeah but guess what? The Saints lost.

Go smoke a cigarette and relax.

OnTheWarpath15
10-24-2016, 04:56 PM

*** **** idiot.

That "run heavy offense" has run the ball 151 times, but thrown the ball 214 this season. About a 60/40 split in the wrong direction.

The "MVP of the offense" ran the ball a whopping 6 times in the 1st half yesterday, while Alex Smith dropped back to pass 15 times. All while Ware was gaining 10-11 yards a carry.

The QB of this "run heavy offense" is on pace to throw 572 times this season. Over 100 attempts more than his career average for seasons playing 15 or 16 games.

We SHOULD be a run heavy offense, but Andy cant help himself.

Rasputin
10-24-2016, 04:57 PM
Yeah but guess what? The Saints lost.

Go smoke a cigarette and relax.

Are you trying kill me? I have copd and a cigarette would absolutely put me in aspirations and I could die!

Oh & I absolutely enjoyed the game especially the part we won so I am relaxed about it I'm just saying our offense is going need to get a tad bit more aggressive scoring points if we expect to beat teams like the Patriots.

fucking fuck. When did we get Marty Schottenheimer back as a coach?

Mr. Laz
10-24-2016, 04:57 PM

I've never heard that.

Not saying it's wrong, i didn't look for information about him.

SAUTO
10-24-2016, 05:19 PM
That "run heavy offense" has run the ball 151 times, but thrown the ball 214 this season. About a 60/40 split in the wrong direction.

The "MVP of the offense" ran the ball a whopping 6 times in the 1st half yesterday, while Alex Smith dropped back to pass 15 times. All while Ware was gaining 10-11 yards a carry.

The QB of this "run heavy offense" is on pace to throw 572 times this season. Over 100 attempts more than his career average for seasons playing 15 or 16 games.

It's tiger bob, he's never right about anything buddy.

The Franchise
10-24-2016, 05:21 PM
It's tiger bob, he's never right about anything buddy.

He's literally wrong about everything.

Red Dawg
10-24-2016, 05:22 PM

Man does that make Smiths pathetic td numbers look even worse. I didn't think that was possible.

BryanBusby
10-24-2016, 05:25 PM
Are you trying kill me? I have copd and a cigarette would absolutely put me in aspirations and I could die!

Oh & I absolutely enjoyed the game especially the part we won so I am relaxed about it I'm just saying our offense is going need to get a tad bit more aggressive scoring points if we expect to beat teams like the Patriots.

fucking fuck. When did we get Marty Schottenheimer back as a coach?
Okay, than take a Xanax? idk

Being aggressive every week isn't the best gameplan. Sometimes, it actually works to be conservative.

If they're gonna go into Foxboro and try to nurse a small lead than uh yeah that's not good. But that's not what happened yesterday.

Dudes just can't be fucking up every single week.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-24-2016, 05:32 PM

You dumbass. You take away the situations where we aren't playing from three scores down and the play calling is run dominant. No different from last year.

Common sense, use it.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-24-2016, 05:42 PM
LMAO

You think scoring 28 points is going beat a team like the Patriots in the playoffs?

I get it we went into a shell to control the clock but we still managed to give Drew Brees opportunity to beat us. I'm just glad our defense is pretty stout and will get better with a healthy Justin Houston.

Your take on football is disturbing. First you complain about Smith completing 78% of his throws and now you are comparing the abilities at week 7 with that of the patriots in a hypothetical situation?

We were crippled with injuries last season against the Pats, would have been a different game with Houston, Maclin, Charles, Ware healthy

tk13
10-24-2016, 05:49 PM
LMAO

The Broncos held them to 18 last year.

Obviously I'd like to see the offense play better, but one year this board will learn that great defenses often win in the playoffs. Or not.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-24-2016, 05:51 PM

Obviously I'd like to see the offense play better, but one year this board will learn that great defenses often win in the playoffs. Or not.

Bingo

SAUTO
10-24-2016, 05:52 PM
You dumbass. You take away the situations where we aren't playing from three scores down and the play calling is run dominant. No different from last year.

Common sense, use it.

When were we three scores down yesterday?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2016, 05:53 PM
Was that supposed to be Mellinger's take on football "poetry" or some shit?

That dude really has become a horrible writer since Peeholi left. He's on his way to the Tiecher Mailin' It In Club.

Rasputin
10-24-2016, 05:58 PM

I'm sorry I think we should be carving up some of the weakest defenses in the league better than we are but at least we are winning I'm not complaining about winning. Next week against the Colts we will face a weak defense so I'm expecting this offense to be able put up touchdowns and not just settle for field goals. Andrew Luck can pull a rabbit out of his ass like Drew Brees just about did.

I particularly don't appreciate nail biters than are going send me into cardiac arrest like Red Fox lol

underEJ
10-24-2016, 06:03 PM
I absolutely wish they didn't go as conservative as they do with the play calling in those circumstances, but I think the position that the offense has under performed in the last two games is a shaky argument. Yesterday, perhaps I could see that argument. A week ago, no. They took a knee at 1st and goal to run the game out instead of scoring. Probably would have been a rushing TD if they had gone for it, so if you only want to pick on passing, sure that doesn't help numbers.

HemiEd
10-24-2016, 06:04 PM
Everyone should just choke out their gf/wife and then apply to work for the Chiefs.

fuck you, he can play

underEJ
10-24-2016, 06:07 PM
I made a joke at the game right after that play that I wondered how many people suddenly think she was asking for it. Most of the crowd around me had no idea what I was talking about. I don't think most people know that situation exists.

Baby Lee
10-24-2016, 06:08 PM
I particularly don't appreciate nail biters than are going send me into cardiac arrest like Red Fox lol

Brightside, the day may come that Tyreek saves your life.

Oh, and it's Redd Foxx.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2016, 06:13 PM
**** you, he can play

Sheeeet, not only zthat, but between Andy "reachin out" to Mac-Reid, and the acquisition of Lil' Chokey, KC be startin' to operate like a modern franchise, mang!

Next stop; Dirty Donkeyville.

And perhaps one day, thou shalt ascend to the glory of Mt. Belichick!

I congratulate you on improving your franchise character for the betterment, sah!

dls6501
10-24-2016, 06:14 PM

*** **** idiot.

Do most run heavy offenses run the ball only 41% of the time?

Another untrue Alex narrative that needs to die ASAP.

dls6501
10-24-2016, 06:15 PM

Beat me to it. Very well put. The run heavy offense thing is simply an untrue Alex narrative that needs to be deaded.

Rasputin
10-24-2016, 06:24 PM
Brightside, the day may come that Tyreek saves your life.

Oh, and it's Redd Foxx.

Yes indeed it's Redd Foxx thank you .

I think it's more likely he beats another woman than save my life but if he doesn't and if he does save my life then I would owe him a debt of gratitude.

Marcellus
10-24-2016, 06:24 PM
Anybody familiar with the West Coast Offense?

Rasputin
10-24-2016, 06:33 PM
fuck you, he can play

He is a baller I have no doubt he has exponential talent.

jjchieffan
10-24-2016, 06:52 PM
Pretty sure she didn't move on.

They are still together last I heard...

Bad choice of words on my part. She put it behind her and they moved past it in their relationship. Sorry about mis-wording it. But the idea that she chooses to be with this guy after that should prove something. She pressed charges against him. If she thought that he would do it again, then she would stay away. She chooses to be with him, yet self righteous posters who have no skin in the game think that they can judge him. Really???? That's just asinine.

SAUTO
10-24-2016, 06:53 PM
Bad choice of words on my part. She put it behind her and they moved past it in their relationship. Sorry about mis-wording it. But the idea that she chooses to be with this guy after that should prove something. She pressed charges against him. If she thought that he would do it again, then she would stay away. She chooses to be with him, yet self righteous posters who have no skin in the game think that they can judge him. Really???? That's just asinine.

Agreed

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-24-2016, 07:01 PM
Do most run heavy offenses run the ball only 41% of the time?

Another untrue Alex narrative that needs to die ASAP.

Last 2 games we have been 60% run / 40% pass.

Go break down the play calling in games where we are within one score or hold the lead.

Also, do yourself a favor and quit being a dumbass.

jjchieffan
10-24-2016, 07:03 PM
Sheeeet, not only zthat, but between Andy "reachin out" to Mac-Reid, and the acquisition of Lil' Chokey, KC be startin' to operate like a modern franchise, mang!

Next stop; Dirty Donkeyville.

And perhaps one day, thou shalt ascend to the glory of Mt. Belichick!

I congratulate you on improving your franchise character for the betterment, sah!

Holy crap you are a totally worthless shitbag poster. I don't mind Clay near as much as you. At least he adds something of value to the site with his gifs, but you. All you do is troll and insult anyone who has a positive outlook for this franchise. If we had a top 10 list of posters needing to be banned, you would be number 1. And as shitty as some of the other posters are, they would all be a distant second to your negative, sorry butch ass!!

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-24-2016, 07:08 PM
Beat me to it. Very well put. The run heavy offense thing is simply an untrue Alex narrative that needs to be deaded.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-rushing-play-percentage/2015/

2014 we ranked 9th in run plays by percentage
2015 we ranked 6th

Tell me how we aren't a run heavy offense you dummies? Using one game doesn't prove your point. Show me a whole season's worth of numbers before you spread your dumbassery on CP.

SAUTO
10-24-2016, 07:14 PM
Last 2 games we have been 60% run / 40% pass.

Go break down the play calling in games where we are within one score or hold the lead.

Also, do yourself a favor and quit being a dumbass. why did you lump the last two games together?

Break down the last game, it fits your criteria perfectly.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-24-2016, 07:17 PM
Waiting for my reply. Buehler?

....Buehler????

jspchief
10-24-2016, 07:24 PM
The gist of the article seems to be "the Chiefs were willing to draft a woman beater because he's really good at football".

Well, yeah. I think that's the issue a lot of people have with it in the first place. Like athletic skill and character are placed on a scale and as long as it tips far enough to the football side, it's supposed to be excusable. Fuck that.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-24-2016, 07:26 PM
Dagnabit went on ignore for me a long, long time ago.

jjchieffan
10-24-2016, 07:34 PM
The gist of the article seems to be "the Chiefs were willing to draft a woman beater because he's really good at football".

Well, yeah. I think that's the issue a lot of people have with it in the first place. Like athletic skill and character are placed on a scale and as long as it tips far enough to the football side, it's supposed to be excusable. **** that.

I guess you're the perfect human being. You've never lost your temper and done something that you regretted later. And if you have, then I guess that you expected people who don't know you or anything about you to hold that over your head and call you human trash for the rest of your life. I know that I've lost my temper. I've done things that I can't take bac. But I'm sure glad that those mistakes are a part of my past and will never be brought up again.

BryanBusby
10-24-2016, 07:34 PM
Yeah man, when I get real mad I want to strike the first pregnant woman I see.

DaFace
10-24-2016, 07:41 PM
Still don't care.

jettio
10-24-2016, 07:43 PM

Your 40 time says slow. You can't catch and you can't learn the playbook.

jjchieffan
10-24-2016, 07:50 PM

Yeah. Because that's what I said. And bad things done in anger are just restricted to hitting pregnant women. SMH. The dipshittery on this board is astounding.

jspchief
10-24-2016, 07:52 PM
I guess you're the perfect human being. You've never lost your temper and done something that you regretted later. And if you have, then I guess that you expected people who don't know you or anything about you to hold that over your head and call you human trash for the rest of your life. I know that I've lost my temper. I've done things that I can't take bac. But I'm sure glad that those mistakes are a part of my past and will never be brought up again.
I've made mistakes in my past, I'm not good enough at football for them to be glossed over.

As for being judged by strangers, I'm not in a career that literally centers on the approval of strangers.

BryanBusby
10-24-2016, 07:55 PM
Yeah. Because that's what I said. And bad things done in anger are just restricted to hitting pregnant women. SMH. The dipshittery on this board is astounding.
No, you're just fucking dumb. You're using your posts to somewhat excuse what he did because "people get mad"

Yeah people get mad and do stupid things. Even with that, people tend to have common sense and stop before doing things like strike a pregnant woman. I mean it's like shit, common sense.

Jump off a fucking cliff and fuck off with your mental gymnastics bullshit.

Rasputin
10-24-2016, 07:57 PM

This is pretty naοve thinking actually. It happens all the time women go back to their abusers.

They think that they can change them, the guy says all the right things too.

It commonly sets up for more abuse in a lot of cases it only gets worse. Maybe she will be lucky enough not in this relationship but it is a common flaw for women to go back to their abuser.

It proves nothing and a lot of times it's because the guy has control over her so she is afraid not to take him back. Not saying this is that time.

It is part of something called Stockholm Syndrome

Stockholm syndrome:

Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon described in 1973 in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with the captors.

So it's symptoms that the women feel it's necessary to take them back because they feel compelled to do so in many cases.

O.city
10-24-2016, 07:58 PM
If Hannibal lecter ran a 4.3, we'd say he has an eating disorder

Mr. Laz
10-24-2016, 07:59 PM
I've made mistakes in my past, I'm not good enough at football for them to be glossed over.

As for being judged by strangers, I'm not in a career that literally centers on the approval of strangers.
Wasn't Hill in college when he did that?

Not really a career yet, more of a school year

FYI i just looked it up a little bit

His girlfriend was 8 weeks along at the time. Baby is about the size of a kidney bean at the point. So it's not like he's punching a big bellied pregnant women.

NOT ... that in anyway make what he did right. It's just that when someone says pregnant and you thing big,round belly and about ready for water to break.

I also didn't realize that it happened in dec 2014 ... wow, not that long ago at all.

TambaBerry
10-24-2016, 08:02 PM
Anybody familiar with the West Coast Offense?

Yeah, its as overrated as 90% of the states out there.

In58men
10-24-2016, 08:03 PM
People make mistakes. Time to move on from the past, he clearly has been on the right track since.

jspchief
10-24-2016, 08:07 PM
Wasn't Hill in college when he did that?

Not really a career yet, more of a school year

FYI i just looked it up a little bit

His girlfriend was 8 weeks along at the time. Baby is about the size of a kidney bean at the point. So it's not like he's punching a big bellied pregnant women.

NOT ... that in anyway make what he did right. It's just that when someone says pregnant and you thing big,round belly and about ready for water to break.

I also didn't realize that it happened in dec 2014 ... wow, not that long ago at all.
To me, "pregnant" is just another consideration in determining the vulnerability of the victim. Physically harming anyone is bad, and gets worse as the victim is weaker. It is worse when it's a little old lady, young child, pregnant woman, etc.

At 8 weeks, maybe he didn't even know. But it's not like her being pregnant is the breaking point for me.

jspchief
10-24-2016, 08:09 PM
People make mistakes. Time to move on from the past, he clearly has been on the right track since.
He's almost made it 2 years without assaulting a woman!

Baby Lee
10-24-2016, 08:12 PM
He's almost made it 2 years without assaulting a woman!

For the detractors, can you at least indicate if there's a time table on this.

5 years from now, will we still be getting anger and bitterness with each and every reception he makes?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-24-2016, 08:14 PM
What's with all the self righteous people who think they have never made mistakes, cheated on something, and are in contention for the nobel peace prize on CP lately?

Dude served his punishment. For a young black kid with likely poor mentorship as a child, I'm happy he has the Chiefs locker room and Andy Reid to continue on a path to be a productive citizen. It's exactly what other countries brag over the united states, that their justice system actually takes criminals and turns them into good human beings who contribute to society rather than staying in a perpetuating life of crime and costing the taxpayers a fortune of money.

Don't like Reek? Don't watch.

jjchieffan
10-24-2016, 08:16 PM
No, you're just ****ing dumb. You're using your posts to somewhat excuse what he did because "people get mad"

Yeah people get mad and do stupid things. Even with that, people tend to have common sense and stop before doing things like strike a pregnant woman. I mean it's like shit, common sense.

Jump off a ****ing cliff and **** off with your mental gymnastics bullshit.

Let me make this clear to your dumb, illiterate,, self righteous ass. I in NO WAY excuse what he did. It was inexcusable. However. Everything that I have read about him indicates that he was a good kid with no prior history of any kind of crimes or violence, nor has he had any incidents since. He made a terrible mistake one time in his life. He admitted that he was in the wrong. He took his lumps, and he is going to counseling and making sure that nothing like that ever happens again. I have no problem with him getting the opportunity to play in the NFL. It's in his past, and I have no right to judge him for his mistake. Neither do you. To do so is self righteous, and I'm sure in some cases, hypocritical to do so.

splatbass
10-24-2016, 08:16 PM

I know this is too complicated for you to understand, but Reid's play calling gets very conservative when they have a lead. Those stats reflect that fact. It isn't Alex Smith making that decision, he is just carrying it out - and pretty well too.

BryanBusby
10-24-2016, 08:17 PM
Let me make this clear to your dumb, illiterate,, self righteous ass. I in NO WAY excuse what he did. It was inexcusable. However. Everything that I have read about him indicates that he was a good kid with no prior history of any kind of crimes or violence, nor has he had any incidents since. He made a terrible mistake one time in his life. He admitted that he was in the wrong. He took his lumps, and he is going to counseling and making sure that nothing like that ever happens again. I have no problem with him getting the opportunity to play in the NFL. It's in his past, and I have no right to judge him for his mistake. Neither do you. To do so is self righteous, and I'm sure in some cases, hypocritical to do so.
But you were making excuses. Sorry you're dumb beyond saving.

This post right here is making an excuse for Tyreek. Shut the fuck up.

jjchieffan
10-24-2016, 08:20 PM
But you were making excuses. Sorry you're dumb beyond saving.

No I did not make an excuse. I said that he made a mistake, just like many other people have, and that it should not be held over his head forever by self righteous jerks who have no business judging him. That is not making an excuse. I have never once said anything excusing what he did.

Iowanian
10-24-2016, 08:21 PM
Nice guys haven't provided me any championships to cheer.

Hills son, and formerly neck grabbed girlfriend are both better of if he is s earning good coin.

BryanBusby
10-24-2016, 08:22 PM
No I did not make an excuse. I said that he made a mistake, just like many other people have, and that it should not be held over his head forever by self righteous jerks who have no business judging him. That is not making an excuse. I have never once said anything excusing what he did.
No, it shouldn't be held over his head forever.

But, you shouldn't write posts that other people get mad too and do dumb things. Do you get mad enough to commit Domestic Abuse? You're trying to compare apples to oranges and wrap a common Joe in with a Domestic Abuser. I mean really, come on man.

jspchief
10-24-2016, 08:24 PM
For the detractors, can you at least indicate if there's a time table on this.

5 years from now, will we still be getting anger and bitterness with each and every reception he makes?
I will say as time passes, it becomes easier to forgive. 5 years from now, I suppose I might be past it assuming he's stayed straight. Maybe not. My feelings and emotions don't really operate on a set schedule. I wouldn't be surprised if there are people that have received 2 years of jail or probation for similar acts, so it's definitely too early for me to assume he's A-OK or is a reasonable person to celebrate.

This really isn't that hard to understand. People all over this country are getting passed over for jobs or socially ostracized for similar or lesser things. I don't want to have a few beers with a woman beater, or work along side one and I sure as fuck don't want one scoring TDs for the team I cheer for.

DaFace
10-24-2016, 08:32 PM
I will say as time passes, it becomes easier to forgive. 5 years from now, I suppose I might be past it assuming he's stayed straight. Maybe not. My feelings and emotions don't really operate on a set schedule. I wouldn't be surprised if there are people that have received 2 years of jail or probation for similar acts, so it's definitely too early for me to assume he's A-OK or is a reasonable person to celebrate.

This really isn't that hard to understand. People all over this country are getting passed over for jobs or socially ostracized for similar or lesser things. I don't want to have a few beers with a woman beater, or work along side one and I sure as fuck don't want one scoring TDs for the team I cheer for.
He's not even a felon, so he wouldn't even have to disclose it on a job application.

Baby Lee
10-24-2016, 08:33 PM
My feelings and emotions don't really operate on a set schedule.

Not trying to dictate your emotional response. Just trying to get a handle on how long people anticipate being publically vocal with all of us in response to their emotions.

splatbass
10-24-2016, 08:35 PM
Man does that make Smiths pathetic td numbers look even worse. I didn't think that was possible.

I don't know how you are on other subjects, but when it comes to football you are the most ignorant person here.

jspchief
10-24-2016, 08:37 PM
He's not even a felon, so he wouldn't even have to disclose it on a job application.
This isn't true at all.

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2016, 08:41 PM
If Denver or the Raiders (actually the Raiders won't, Mark Davis is against domestic violence big time) had drafted a player with domestic violence the same group would be all over them for it. All because he has an arrowhead on his helmet, then he is perfect and we must look the other way. Beating a woman isn't a little mistake or I got mad. It's not like some dumbass smoking weed or even getting into a bar fight with another dude. I don't care if we don't have an entire team of choir boys, of course the team across the street won a championship with a team of high character players, but then again they are a much better organization than the Chiefs will ever be.

DaFace
10-24-2016, 08:47 PM
This isn't true at all.
What's not true about it?

jspchief
10-24-2016, 08:56 PM
What's not true about it?
That you only have to disclose felons.

DaFace
10-24-2016, 09:02 PM
That you only have to disclose felons.
Depends on the state, but many don't allow you to discriminate based on criminal history unless it's relevant to the job.

ThaVirus
10-24-2016, 09:04 PM

They had the home game and damn near full health.

Give us Houston, Maclin and Ware and replay that game in KC, there's probably a different outcome.

jspchief
10-24-2016, 09:05 PM
Depends on the state, but many don't allow you to discriminate based on criminal history unless it's relevant to the job.
And who polices that?

DaFace
10-24-2016, 09:08 PM
And who polices that?
You could face a law suit for asking it on a job application in such states. Will it come out in a background check? Most likely, and that would be harder to police. But few places will directly ask about it.

jspchief
10-24-2016, 09:09 PM
That's also not the same thing as not being required to disclose it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-24-2016, 09:42 PM
There are some things more important than the outcome of a football game.

And the the Hill issue is not solely about Hill, because the Chiefs aren't just a team in a vacuum. Jim Tyrer killed his wife. Jovan Belcher murdered the mother of his girlfriend less than four years ago. And the team with those stains on its history still saw it fit to draft someone that choked and beat his pregnant girlfriend.

I just don't want to hear the Chiefs say anything about domestic violence or promote awareness against it, because their actions demonstrate that they really don't care. I'd have more respect for the organization if someone would just say, "We don't care if you beat on women."

RealSNR
10-24-2016, 09:51 PM
Okay, than take a Xanax? idk

Being aggressive every week isn't the best gameplan. Sometimes, it actually works to be conservative.

If they're gonna go into Foxboro and try to nurse a small lead than uh yeah that's not good. But that's not what happened yesterday.

Dudes just can't be fucking up every single week.
Being conservative against QBs like Drew Brees and Andrew Luck is a fucking retarded idea.

Fuck, I'm about to go full Clay, but I can't wait until it fucking happens again to us in the fucking playoffs.

It's shit that has to fucking change. We absolutely HAVE to be able to step on throats. It has to be a tool we're able to use. Not every week, But it has to be something we can do if we have to.

The Vermeil Chiefs could do that. Fuck, even that asshole Haley did it to a couple teams.

Not Reid. 1 TD lead in the 3rd quarter? Eh, just get the game over with. No need to score more points at all.

BryanBusby
10-24-2016, 09:57 PM
Being conservative against QBs like Drew Brees and Andrew Luck is a fucking retarded idea.

Fuck, I'm about to go full Clay, but I can't wait until it fucking happens again to us in the fucking playoffs.

It's shit that has to fucking change. We absolutely HAVE to be able to step on throats. It has to be a tool we're able to use. Not every week, But it has to be something we can do if we have to.

The Vermeil Chiefs could do that. Fuck, even that asshole Haley did it to a couple teams.

Not Reid. 1 TD lead in the 3rd quarter? Eh, just get the game over with. No need to score more points at all.
"This offense can't score a lot of points"
"Why the fuck didn't this offense rack up a bunch of points?"

RealSNR
10-24-2016, 10:00 PM
"This offense can't score a lot of points"
"Why the fuck didn't this offense rack up a bunch of points?"

That's the point. That's still a huge limitation of the team.

Call it playing smart and letting Alex get his hidden TDs. I call it asking for trouble when we play good QBs.

NJChiefsFan
10-24-2016, 10:03 PM

I've lost my temper and looked a fool plenty of times. But if calm is the earth and beating a pregnant woman is the moon, I've never even jumped of the ground in how close I would come to reaching that place. It's not just a temper. Having that in you is concerning.

As for the forgiveness of the woman, somebody pointed it out that plenty of people go back to people when they shouldn't. That isn't some mark of proof that he is a good guy.

I also find it interesting that you tell people not to judge others yet here you are judging the judgers. If you want to say you forgive the guy fine. Acting like others who haven't have their "panties in a wad " comes off at best as poor wording.

BryanBusby
10-24-2016, 10:05 PM
That's the point. That's still a huge limitation of the team.

Call it playing smart and letting Alex get his hidden TDs. I call it asking for trouble when we play good QBs.
Call it whatever you want, but they took the Saints out of their typical element and won the game. It probably isn't a nail biter if they can execute their assignments reliably.

Alex Smith, even if you call the best fucking gameplan ever, likely isn't going to get you 40-50 points. That's what you'd need, ideally, if you want to play shoot out with Drew Brees.

Nobody said take that same gameplan to Indianapolis in a week. Where the fuck are you getting that idea?

OldSchool
10-24-2016, 10:15 PM

Good ****ing God you can't just God damned expect a little better than we ****ing are doing around here **** you asshole.

You act like Smith has never won against tough defenses before.

RealSNR
10-24-2016, 10:17 PM
Call it whatever you want, but they took the Saints out of their typical element and won the game. It probably isn't a nail biter if they can execute their assignments reliably.

Alex Smith, even if you call the best fucking gameplan ever, likely isn't going to get you 40-50 points. That's what you'd need, ideally, if you want to play shoot out with Drew Brees.

Nobody said take that same gameplan to Indianapolis in a week. Where the fuck are you getting that idea?

I'm getting that idea from Reid's history with this team.

BryanBusby
10-24-2016, 10:20 PM
I'm getting that idea from Reid's history with this team.
Well yeah, we all know he's conservative as shit. It's frustrating as hell, but shit good teams sometimes grind out the clock too without a 21 point lead and go home.

Sometimes it's not the worst idea. Reid's history doesn't mean any poster has said they should go into Gillette, in January, and Martyball a 10 point lead. Or even next week.

NJChiefsFan
10-24-2016, 10:24 PM
Well yeah, we all know he's conservative as shit. It's frustrating as hell, but shit good teams sometimes grind out the clock too without a 21 point lead and go home.

Sometimes it's not the worst idea. Reid's history doesn't mean any poster has said they should go into Gillette, in January, and Martyball a 10 point lead. Or even next week.

The point is there is evidence that concern here is warranted. Same reason why giving poe get a pass(I mean backward pass that would have been a fumble) and the next goal line having ware get a screen is concern that Andy gets in his own way on goal line situations. The one thing Andy should have learned from that horror in Indy 2013 is not to **** around.

In a vacuum what happened yesterday isn't concerning. That it has happened a number of times and could in future big games certainly is.

BryanBusby
10-24-2016, 10:28 PM
The point is there is evidence that concern here is warranted. Same reason why setting poe get a pass and the next goal line having ware get a screen is concern that Andy gets in his own way on goal line situations. The one thing Andy should have learned from that horror in Indy 2013 is not to **** around.

In a vacuum what happened yesterday isn't concerning. That it has happened a number of times and could in future big games certainly is.
I'm looking at the decision, in a vacuum. It wasn't an awful call, for that day.

Andy is gonna do Andy shit and it's never gonna change. I'm not concerned because I know it's gonna happen, and I've just accepted that it's just gonna be a thing.

NJChiefsFan
10-24-2016, 10:31 PM
I'm looking at the decision, in a vacuum. It wasn't an awful call, for that day.

Andy is gonna do Andy shit and it's never gonna change. I'm not concerned because I know it's gonna happen, and I've just accepted that it's just gonna be a thing.

I'm there with you. Some things aren't gonna change. Still hard sometimes to watch this team be loose with play calls and clock/game management.

BryanBusby
10-24-2016, 10:34 PM
What concerns me more is how this team fucks up fundamental things week in and week out every single week.

JohnnyHammersticks
10-24-2016, 10:36 PM
People make mistakes. Especially young people. Im sure we've all done something we regret. Some of us probably did some very asshole-things, yet our lives moved on.

Let his life move on. We don't need to bury him every time his name is mentioned.

:clap:

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-25-2016, 03:35 AM
Holy crap you are a totally worthless shitbag poster. I don't mind Clay near as much as you. At least he adds something of value to the site with his gifs, but you. All you do is troll and insult anyone who has a positive outlook for this franchise. If we had a top 10 list of posters needing to be banned, you would be number 1. And as shitty as some of the other posters are, they would all be a distant second to your negative, sorry butch ass!!

Come on mang, you getting there! You finally learning how to play the game!

Marcellus
10-25-2016, 03:58 AM

Newsflash, neither is he.

Rasputin
10-25-2016, 05:09 AM
You act like Smith has never won against tough defenses before.

Just how many playoff games has Alex Smith won in 11 seasons?

The guy is not a world beater is he?

I'd like to think we can go far this season and I'd love to win a Super Bowl but we shall see if that's possible with Alex Smith I'd love it but have my doubts and I think they are warranted doubts.

Mr. Laz
10-25-2016, 05:15 AM
Just how many playoff games has Alex Smith won in 11 seasons?

The guy is not a world beater is he?

I'd like to think we can go far this season and I'd love to win a Super Bowl but we shall see if that's possible with Alex Smith I'd love it but have my doubts and I think they are warranted doubts.
Alex Smith has 2 wins, 3 losses in the playoffs

fucking colts game :cuss:

Ranks 13th in active QBs ... better than stafford,bridgewater,dalton,matt ryan and tony romo

beach tribe
10-25-2016, 06:04 AM
I believe in 2nd chances. People make huge mistakes. Especially when they are young.

You people can act high and mighty and judge all you want, but one mistake cannot define a man IMO.

jspchief
10-25-2016, 06:12 AM
Newsflash, neither is he.
Actually he is. That's what spectator sports is.

Marcellus
10-25-2016, 06:21 AM
Actually he is. That's what spectator sports is.

Nah, his ability to work is mainly dependant on his ability to perform and do what is asked of him by coaches and teammates.

There are tons of assholes in the NFL and NBA, and MLB. Sure you can asshole yourself out of the league like Gregg Hardy but really you have to work at it.

dtrain
10-25-2016, 06:31 AM
ROFL

Anyong Bluth
10-25-2016, 07:55 AM

And the the Hill issue is not solely about Hill, because the Chiefs aren't just a team in a vacuum. Jim Tyrer killed his wife. Jovan Belcher murdered the mother of his girlfriend less than four years ago. And the team with those stains on its history still saw it fit to draft someone that choked and beat his pregnant girlfriend.

I just don't want to hear the Chiefs say anything about domestic violence or promote awareness against it, because their actions demonstrate that they really don't care. I'd have more respect for the organization if someone would just say, "We don't care if you beat on women."
I'm surprised, Hamas. You understand context, nuance, and perception vs reality as well as, if not far better than, anyone around here.
Didn't anticipate absolutism.

lcarus
10-25-2016, 08:28 AM
I'm a believer in second chances, whether a person is a clerk at a gas station or a successful NFL quarterback. I've made plenty mistakes in my life, though not anything violent, and I'd hate if people constantly reminded me of them when years have passed and I've taken all the steps to make myself better. Especially considering the people that remind me of my blunders have made more than I have.

gonefishin53
10-25-2016, 01:24 PM
Sometimes you have to let the justice system work. The victim and prosecutor in Hill's case believed it would be best for all concerned if Hill were allowed to pursue a career in a job he was well qualified to do. Chiefs management did their homework and trusted the judgment of the victim and prosecutor in the case. So will I.

underEJ
10-25-2016, 02:15 PM

This is sort of a hindsight only argument. Tyrer was retired before he did that, and prior to the business failures he suffered, he didn't have a history of anything like that, so equating it with the football organization ethics is questionable. I remember that one well, because I knew two of his kids.

I don't remember if Belcher had a history, but it seemed like it was a surprise to his team mates. Maybe there is more here I don't know, though.

I think these arguments are better suited for discussing the impact football physicality and damage have on players than organizational ethics, but I am all for holding the Chiefs accountable for drafting Hill. For me, they are the ones on a zero-tolerance watch for me. I will not accept a single excuse or rationalization from them for any issues that arise with him.

jjchieffan
10-25-2016, 08:29 PM
Sometimes you have to let the justice system work. The victim and prosecutor in Hill's case believed it would be best for all concerned if Hill were allowed to pursue a career in a job he was well qualified to do. Chiefs management did their homework and trusted the judgment of the victim and prosecutor in the case. So will I.

Nope. Sorry. A bunch of self righteous fans who don't even know anyone involved know more than those involved. How dare we say otherwise. We all know that KCTattoo, TTC, Clay and the other dipshits hating on Hill are the moral authority of everything Chiefs. We only dream of being so enlightened.

Rasputin
10-25-2016, 08:55 PM
Nope. Sorry. A bunch of self righteous fans who don't even know anyone involved know more than those involved. How dare we say otherwise. We all know that KCTattoo, TTC, Clay and the other dipshits hating on Hill are the moral authority of everything Chiefs. We only dream of being so enlightened.

Look asshole I'm not trying be anymore righteous than anyone but I went through this with my daughter and it's a total nightmare to deal with so you can kindly kiss my ass. I don't agree with the draft pick and I don't have to like it. You can like a woman beater all you want he scores fucking touchdowns. Good for him.

My biggest problem/issue is it sends a message to other adolescence that it's ok to beat on women you can still get an opportunity in pro sports if you are a stud athlete. People will cheer for you as long as you are good at sports. If #10 dropped that pass or hasn't done the plays he has made he would be getting ridiculed and judged by a lot more people.

I don't think we as fans have to like every player on the team and we shouldn't have to agree with every decision to be a freaking fan of a team we love.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2016, 06:18 AM
Look asshole I'm not trying be anymore righteous than anyone but I went through this with my daughter and it's a total nightmare to deal with so you can kindly kiss my ass. I don't agree with the draft pick and I don't have to like it. You can like a woman beater all you want he scores ****ing touchdowns. Good for him.

My biggest problem/issue is it sends a message to other adolescence that it's ok to beat on women you can still get an opportunity in pro sports if you are a stud athlete. People will cheer for you as long as you are good at sports. If #10 dropped that pass or hasn't done the plays he has made he would be getting ridiculed and judged by a lot more people.

I don't think we as fans have to like every player on the team and we shouldn't have to agree with every decision to be a freaking fan of a team we love.

Dude, Lil' Chiefy just wants his fucking touchdowns. It was predicted that the majority of the fans who were between hate and troubled by the signing would suddenly throw up the pom-pom's when the TD's started coming.

And so it is.

And, I am sorry for what you and your family have had to go through.