PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Time for Dee Ford haters to eat some crow

RunKC
10-30-2016, 02:25 PM
7 sacks in 7 games this year. Technically 8 if not for Tamba being a dumbass last week.

11 sacks in 14 games started in his career.

Beast

Hammock Parties
10-30-2016, 02:27 PM
Pass the crow. He's beasting.

BossChief
10-30-2016, 02:28 PM
When Houston comes back, opposing passers are going to have to get rid of the ball in 1 second or risk certain death.

Jones
Poe
Houston
Ford
Howard
Hali

Good luck.

MotherfuckerJones
10-30-2016, 02:30 PM
I don't have to eat anything. Took long enough

COchief
10-30-2016, 02:30 PM

You've got quite a few plates loaded up there huh Jackass? The Hill plate is looking like a full fucking buffet spread at this point isn't it? Have you finished your Sean Smith plate from the last four years yet or are we still working on that?

Hammock Parties
10-30-2016, 02:31 PM
You've got quite a few plates loaded up there huh Jackass? The Hill plate is looking like a full fucking buffet spread at this point isn't it? Have you finished your Sean Smith plate from the last four years yet or are we still working on that?

can we be friends

threebag
10-30-2016, 02:32 PM

Hopefully he starts eating some of it so the bullshit quits spewing out

carcosa
10-30-2016, 02:33 PM
HOF

Hoover
10-30-2016, 02:33 PM
This defense is fricking good right now, look at what they did vs Brees and Luck? You put Houston on this team and holy crap!

-King-
10-30-2016, 02:35 PM
Defense sucks. Fire Sutton! /Laz
Posted via Mobile Device

COchief
10-30-2016, 02:36 PM
can we be friends

I don't really hate you like many do, however I noticed immediately when you made Hill your new Mccluster for absolutely no reason other than all the glowing reports from camp on all fucking fronts (fans, players, coaches, media, zero exceptions) on what an absolute stud he was. You picked him based on counter-culture and for nothing other than to be a troll, period.

ThaVirus
10-30-2016, 02:42 PM
I don't really hate you like many do, however I noticed immediately when you made Hill your new Mccluster for absolutely no reason other than all the glowing reports from camp on all ****ing fronts (fans, players, coaches, media, zero exceptions) on what an absolute stud he was. You picked him based on counter-culture and for nothing other than to be a troll, period.

Clay's a troll. Surprise, surprise.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2016, 02:43 PM

The Chiefs won. They have a chance to be in 1st place by the end of the day.

And you're on here talking about me.

:facepalm:

milkman
10-30-2016, 02:44 PM
Pass the plate.

TigeRRUppeRRcut

Don't forget your serving too for Tyreek. Had a beast game. And you wanted him off this team.

Clay again, knows nothing about the NFL :clap::clap:

In58men
I bumped the appreciation thread so we didn't have to start another Ford thread. Guess you needed some attention.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-30-2016, 02:45 PM
You've got quite a few plates loaded up there huh Jackass? The Hill plate is looking like a full ****ing buffet spread at this point isn't it? Have you finished your Sean Smith plate from the last four years yet or are we still working on that?

We should just refer to Clay as the CP jester.

COchief

Suck on Sorenson's big fat white dong while he continues to outplay your bitch boy Berry on a weekly basis you racist sack of shit.

Bewbies
When Houston is back up to speed this defense is going to be nasty.

Aspengc8
10-30-2016, 02:46 PM
plays great vs shit lines, stays in the locker room vs good ones..

Deberg_1990
Houston + Ford. + Jones, + Poe + Hali will be pure beasting...

Ming the Merciless
I'll take a small bite...I'll wait a while b4 I eat a full plate of it

ThaVirus
10-30-2016, 02:47 PM
The Chiefs won. They have a chance to be in 1st place by the end of the day.

And you're on here talking about me.

I was talking to another poster who mentioned you.

I don't hate you and your antics don't bother me. I just think it's hilarious that people who actually have an issue with you just can't seem to stop engaging you.

The dude I was talking to's post was especially funny because it's like he finally discovered some incredible revelation that the board's known for at least half a decade now.

ThaVirus
10-30-2016, 02:49 PM
Suck on Sorenson's big fat white dong while he continues to outplay your bitch boy Berry on a weekly basis you racist sack of shit.

Ya got me. I hate white people. The jig is up!

Ming the Merciless
10-30-2016, 02:50 PM
We should just refer to Clay as the CP jester.

If clay is the jester you're the village idiot

New World Order
10-30-2016, 02:50 PM

Same.

Easy 6
10-30-2016, 02:51 PM
No hater here, I advocated a wait and see approach... it now appears to be paying off, he is looking better by the week

Easy 6
10-30-2016, 02:54 PM
can we be friends

Lets be clear, you've been wildly wrong about whole BUNCH of shit this year :hmmm:

RunKC
10-30-2016, 02:55 PM
I was hating on him a bit but he's figured it out and it's showing.

We are holding top tier QB's and offenses to below the league average points per game without Houston. That's fucking amazing

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-30-2016, 02:55 PM
Lets be clear, you've been wildly wrong about whole BUNCH of shit this year :hmmm:

He predicted Derek carr and andrew luck dominance.

Wayyyyyy the **** off.

Clay = CP Jester.

Chief Roundup
10-30-2016, 02:57 PM
can we be friends

Didn't you lose a couple of bets as well.......are you welching again?

KChiefs1
10-30-2016, 03:23 PM
I don't really hate you like many do, however I noticed immediately when you made Hill your new Mccluster for absolutely no reason other than all the glowing reports from camp on all fucking fronts (fans, players, coaches, media, zero exceptions) on what an absolute stud he was. You picked him based on counter-culture and for nothing other than to be a troll, period.

He's a Raiders fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stumppy
10-30-2016, 03:24 PM
I'll eat some. Just lost $50 and my sig rights for a year to lil stumppy on fFords sack total for the year.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-30-2016, 03:24 PM
The best part about Ford stepping up is we can now use Hali in the role which will serve him best, a rotational pass rusher.

Houston and Ford is the new dynamic duo in Kansas City.

notorious
10-30-2016, 03:26 PM
It's amazing what happens for a pass rush when you play with a lead.

beach tribe
10-30-2016, 03:27 PM
I chose him as my breakout player so pass the crow elsewhere.

Mr. Laz
10-30-2016, 03:28 PM
Ford looks good when you put him on the LoS and send him after the QB.

Sutton is an idiot

hometeam
10-30-2016, 03:29 PM
Crow being served a bit early dont we think?

Red Dawg
10-30-2016, 03:29 PM
Good to see ford coming on. We need him.

Rasputin
10-30-2016, 03:39 PM

I'm not saying he was playing against a week line RT but I think he was but I'm still going take a bite of Crow on my plate. His hard work and determination is paying off and he listens to his teammates to better himself and it shows. Two weeks in a row I've listened to his presser and I'm impressed with his humbleness I like that he was able to humble himself and be hungry for better things in his career. He knows he has to work for it.

I still think he was a reach for a first round but he is proving himself worth being on the team and contributing to the wins.

PunkinDrublic
10-30-2016, 03:46 PM
Don't forget your serving too for Tyreek. Had a beast game. And you wanted him off this team.

Clay again, knows nothing about the NFL :clap::clap:

We'll all be eating crow when Geno Smith comes back and puts up huge numbers.

DaFace
10-30-2016, 03:49 PM

We now have a 14-game history. How long is the appropriate amount of time to wait?

Aspengc8
10-30-2016, 04:07 PM
We now have a 14-game history. How long is the appropriate amount of time to wait?

when he plays and grades out consistently well against good olines? If JH came back next week, ford will be spelling on pass rush downs, thats about it.

Pitt Gorilla
10-30-2016, 04:09 PM
I guess I don't see the point in calling him a bust in the first place; dude hasn't had enough snaps to make such a determination.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2016, 04:16 PM
when he plays and grades out consistently well against good olines? If JH came back next week, ford will be spelling on pass rush downs, thats about it.

No, he'd be the starter at ROLB

hometeam
10-30-2016, 04:20 PM

I dunno.. more than 2 games where he didnt completely blow nutsacks

Molitoth
10-30-2016, 04:23 PM
Can I still hate on Alex Smith? This offense was nice to watch today under Foles.

Rain Man
10-30-2016, 04:23 PM
Even more than stats, one can see performance on the field. I didn't get to see the whole game, but in the roughly two quarters that I saw, Dee Ford was incredibly explosive off the edge. Whether he got sacks or not, he was a force to be reckoned with.

keg in kc
10-30-2016, 04:24 PM
I guess I don't see the point in calling him a bust in the first place; dude hasn't had enough snaps to make such a determination.This I agree with.

Right now he's doing exactly what he should do: racking up some stats against some of the league's worst lines.

Aspengc8
10-30-2016, 04:27 PM
No, he'd be the starter at ROLB

He's not starting over Tamba when Houston is back. 3rd down spell for either will work, but I cant see him starting over Hali. Ford has been improving, but Hali has been playing consistently well.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2016, 04:34 PM
He's not starting over Tamba when Houston is back. 3rd down spell for either will work, but I cant see him starting over Hali. Ford has been improving, but Hali has been playing consistently well.

Yes, he is. Hali will move into a 3rd down role, only, most likely with Ford on the line.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-30-2016, 04:37 PM
Why in the hell would they sit Ford when he's got 7 sacks and Hali hasn't started all year?

I think Hali has been awesome in his limited snaps, but, that's likely because they are limited snaps.

He's at an age where he will play his best if only in for part of the game.

Chiefshrink

Yep.

petegz28
Amazing how Ford is getting better with actually getting playing time. Never would have thought that .....

JimNasium
10-30-2016, 04:42 PM
You guys go easy on GoatCheese, he has a disability.

Mr. Laz
10-30-2016, 04:45 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Current NFL Sack leaders:<br>1. Lorenzo Alexander 9.0<br>2. Vic Beasley 7.5<br>2. Von Miller 7.5<br>4. Brian Orakpo 7.0<br>4. Dee Ford 7.0</p>&mdash; Mike Conti (@MikeConti929) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeConti929/status/792840640182845440">October 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

PAChiefsGuy
10-30-2016, 04:47 PM
He is playing well but lets be honest most of his sacks are coverage sacks. I don't really see him getting to the QB quick like J Houston does or a prime Hali but he is getting better week-to-week and that is very encouraging.

Mr. Laz
10-30-2016, 04:50 PM
Why in the hell would they sit Ford when he's got 7 sacks and Hali hasn't started all year?

I think Hali has been awesome in his limited snaps, but, that's likely because they are limited snaps.

He's at an age where he will play his best if only in for part of the game.

If Sutton doesn't move Ford to RDE when Houston comes back he should be beaten in the nutsack with bamboo poles. Hali can play limited snaps to keep himself fresh while teaching Ford how to maximize his natural quickness and talent.

In certain situations Hali,Houston and Ford can all be on the field.

stevieray
10-30-2016, 04:55 PM
...these are the top 1500 football players in the country.

...there is no easy game.

Kudos to Ford.

Rasputin
10-30-2016, 04:58 PM
He is playing well but lets be honest most of his sacks are coverage sacks. I don't really see him getting to the QB quick like J Houston does or a prime Hali but he is getting better week-to-week and that is very encouraging.

I count those coverage sacks and last week he gave credit to the backfield and said his sack was a coverage sack he just kept after it. Those aren't easy to get because you have to chase after a quarterback who is taking off or trying avoid the sack. Quarterbacks can be elusive. He has earned his sacks now he can't help it if some of the RT aren't all pro to go up against but he is working hard and good things are coming his way for his hard work.

Very encouraging I agree.

keg in kc
10-30-2016, 05:03 PM
Moving a 250 pound linebacker to defensive end in a 3-4 sounds about like the worst idea imaginable. Might as well just put a flashing neon light on his helmet that says 'run here'.

hometeam
10-30-2016, 05:18 PM
If Sutton doesn't move Ford to RDE when Houston comes back he should be beaten in the nutsack with bamboo poles. Hali can play limited snaps to keep himself fresh while teaching Ford how to maximize his natural quickness and talent.

In certain situations Hali,Houston and Ford can all be on the field.

This aint Madden

Sassy Squatch
10-30-2016, 05:28 PM
Put Hali on the line if anything.

DaFace
10-30-2016, 05:28 PM
I dunno.. more than 2 games where he didnt completely blow nutsacks

If you think he's only had two good games, you're not watching.

mdchiefsfan
10-30-2016, 05:31 PM
plays great vs shit lines, stays in the locker room vs good ones..

This is my fear as well. I can only hope that these easy lines are slowing the game down for him and making it less costly to commit marginal errors. If he can gain some confidence in these games, and get the inevitable lumps over with, maybe he will be what we'd all hoped.

DaFace
10-30-2016, 05:36 PM
This is my fear as well. I can only hope that these easy lines are slowing the game down for him and making it less costly to commit marginal errors. If he can gain some confidence in these games, and get the inevitable lumps over with, maybe he will be what we'd all hoped.

I'm sure it's true to some extent, but it's not like Von Miller and Houston don't get a bunch of sacks against weak lines either.

RealSNR
10-30-2016, 05:36 PM
I said Dee Ford looked like shit when he looked like shit.

I didn't say he was a bust. I said he's going to have to stop looking like shit if he doesn't want to be a bust.

I ain't eating shit.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2016, 05:39 PM
This aint Madden

LMAO

5. When Justin Houston comes back, how do you see Dee Ford fitting in? He’s earned a place in there somewhere. Maybe split with Tamba Hali? — @RealMcCoy44

Ford has absolutely earned a role going forward. With his huge 3 1/2 -sack game, Ford has recorded seven this season, which puts him on pace for 16. And here’s the thing ... he genuinely seems to be looking forward to Houston’s return. Hali, 32, is dealing with knee problems and is content with a pinch-hitting role, so I’d imagine a solid three-man rotation — with Ford featured prominently — is in the cards. On passing downs, all three of them can play, with either Hali or Houston shifting inside. It will be up to defensive coordinator Bob Sutton to make it work, but I can tell you those guys are looking forward to it.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/red-zone/article111513902.html#storylink=cpy

Aspengc8
10-30-2016, 05:41 PM
This aint Madden

For CP, madden is real football.

What will most likely happen when Houston is back 100%, is you will see Houston/hali most of the time to match personnel unless its a definite situation or posse groupings (3/4 wr sets). might even see hali there if its a running situation. I'm not shitting on Ford, I just feel hali is better overall in any random situation.

edit: like that article suggusts, a split role. definitely have hali vs heavier sets

big nasty kcnut
Ford is a fucking beast and when houston comes in oh shit it time for the pain train!

mdchiefsfan
I'm sure it's true to some extent, but it's not like Von Miller and Houston don't get a bunch of sacks against weak lines either.

True. I am more talking about his game as a whole: run defense, zone coverage, and pass rushing. If he can develop where we need him by the end of the season, we may see a terrifying Chiefs defense.

RunKC
10-30-2016, 05:45 PM
When Houston returns you rotate all 3 just like you have been doing with Zombo.
Houston will definitely be on a pitch count for awhile which is completely fine with me. Ease him back

Pasta Little Brioni
10-30-2016, 05:56 PM
Llllloaded loaded.

Mr. Laz
10-30-2016, 06:07 PM
Moving a 250 pound linebacker to defensive end in a 3-4 sounds about like the worst idea imaginable. Might as well just put a flashing neon light on his helmet that says 'run here'.
Ford is at his best on the LoS ... period.

ROLB/Rushbacker is where he belongs

Mr. Laz
10-30-2016, 06:12 PM
This aint Madden
I'm not talking about madden

ROLB/RDE - Hali
Houston in at his normal spot LOLB

Bring Ford in on the left of Dline (with extra Dline because of passing down)

Extra pass rushers are used by other teams all the time

It's really shocking how little people around here actually know about football.

kccrow
10-30-2016, 06:55 PM
Eat crow about what? He still isn't good against the run, has one pass rush "move," and gets all his sacks against backups to backups. I'm not anointing the kid something great because he has some sacks. When he's a consistently good, complete OLB, then I'll eat crow.

Deberg_1990
10-30-2016, 06:57 PM
Eat crow about what? He still isn't good against the run, has one pass rush "move," and gets all his sacks against backups to backups. I'm not anointing the kid something great because he has some sacks. When he's a consistently good, complete OLB, then I'll eat crow.

Can't you just enjoy a kid playing well and being a major contributor?

kccrow
10-30-2016, 07:04 PM

Can't you just enjoy a kid playing well and being a major contributor?

I know it's difficult to understand... He had a good game today against dog shit. I'm happy. I'm not eating crow about him though.

Rasputin
10-30-2016, 07:08 PM
I know it's difficult to understand... He had a good game today against dog shit. I'm happy. I'm not eating crow about him though.

Is it common for crow to eat crow? I wouldn't think you would eat yourself.

NJChiefsFan
10-30-2016, 07:10 PM

Is Tamba even outsnapping Zombo this year? I think Ford will get more plays than Tamba.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Current NFL Sack leaders:<br>1. Lorenzo Alexander 9.0<br>2. Vic Beasley 7.5<br>2. Von Miller 7.5<br>4. Brian Orakpo 7.0<br>4. Dee Ford 7.0</p>&mdash; Mike Conti (@MikeConti929) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeConti929/status/792840640182845440">October 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No matter what you think of Ford or what players he has beaten, this is hilarious. 0.5 sack less than Miller. Calling Ford a bust was always a massively premature thing to do. Even 2 years isn't exactly a lot of time.

kccrow
10-30-2016, 07:13 PM
Is it common for crow to eat crow? I wouldn't think you would eat yourself.

It would be kinda weird

MotherfuckerJones
10-30-2016, 07:15 PM
Ford absolutely starts the rest of the year ROFL

Tamba is all but done. Dadi will start to get more and more snaps. When Houston gets back and I don't want him rushed, we can rotate Hali, Dadi and Zombo occasionally.

RunKC
10-30-2016, 07:17 PM

I never understood people putting down Ford for playing bad competition. Von Miller got 3 sacks against the same team and same players. He also got a lot of sacks on our garbage OL the last few years.
Khalil Mack got 5 sacks a horrible Michael Schofield.
Justin Houston got 4 sacks in a game against a horrible Chargers OL 2 years ago as well as several other sacks on other bad players that year.

So those not count either?

-King-
10-30-2016, 07:22 PM
I'm not talking about madden

ROLB/RDE - Hali
Houston in at his normal spot LOLB

Bring Ford in on the left of Dline (with extra Dline because of passing down)

Extra pass rushers are used by other teams all the time

It's really shocking how little people around here actually know about football.

Ironic post is ironic ROFL. The person who doesn't understand football positions is telling others that they don't understand football.
Posted via Mobile Device

kccrow
10-30-2016, 07:25 PM
I never understood people putting down Ford for playing bad competition. Von Miller got 3 sacks against the same team and same players. He also got a lot of sacks on our garbage OL the last few years.
Khalil Mack got 5 sacks a horrible Michael Schofield.
Justin Houston got 4 sacks in a game against a horrible Chargers OL 2 years ago as well as several other sacks on other bad players that year.

So those not count either?

They count, but not as much in my book. Making a big play to shut down a drive in the middle of a game against a good player that helps turn the tide? That's a good play. Getting a garbage time sack against a 3rd string RT? That's not the same level play. I'm not saying Ford isn't making some plays, but there's alot more I expect out of the kid before I call him even an average 3-4 OLB at this point. Sacks aren't the entire story of a player. I've seen plenty of guys have a 7-10 sack season by almost sheer luck and go back to sucking total balls. Ford needs to get pressure every game, multiple series a game, and he needs to play the run far better. When he does that, I'll eat some crow. 5.5 of his 7 sacks came against 2 atrocious backup right tackles. He's been relatively irrelevant otherwise. Let's not suck the kid's dick just yet.

Bob Dole
10-30-2016, 07:27 PM

So basically, you haven't been watching the games.

RunKC
10-30-2016, 07:31 PM
They count, but not as much in my book. Making a big play to shut down a drive in the middle of a game against a good player that helps turn the tide? That's a good play. Getting a garbage time sack against a 3rd string RT? That's not the same level play. I'm not saying Ford isn't making some plays, but there's alot more I expect out of the kid before I call him even an average 3-4 OLB at this point. Sacks aren't the entire story of a player. I've seen plenty of guys have a 7-10 sack season by almost sheer luck and go back to sucking total balls. Ford needs to get pressure every game, multiple series a game, and he needs to play the run far better. When he does that, I'll eat some crow. 5.5 of his 7 sacks came against 2 atrocious backup right tackles. He's been relatively irrelevant otherwise. Let's not suck the kid's dick just yet.

That's fair I guess, but he's gotten a sack (or combined sack) in 5/7 games this year. I would definitely consider that consistent as far as making a play . Unfortunately Tamba erased his sack last week though.

He's not perfect, but I'm seeing such a big mark of consistency. He's not Houston but he's looking like a damn good complimentary OLB in the making

kccrow
10-30-2016, 07:31 PM

I don't wash players' balls because I do watch the games.

You want to know the player I would eat the most crow on right now? Parker Ehinger. But the kid can't stay healthy.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2016, 07:33 PM
aIronic post is ironic ROFL. The person who doesn't understand football positions is telling others that they don't understand football.

The Chiefs have already discussed having all three pass rushers on the field and are excited about it.

The first time you say something relevant will be the first time.

One more time, with feeling:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/red-zone/article111513902.html#storylink=cpy

When Justin Houston comes back, how do you see Dee Ford fitting in? He’s earned a place in there somewhere. Maybe split with Tamba Hali? — @RealMcCoy44

Ford has absolutely earned a role going forward. With his huge 3 1/2 -sack game, Ford has recorded seven this season, which puts him on pace for 16. And here’s the thing ... he genuinely seems to be looking forward to Houston’s return. Hali, 32, is dealing with knee problems and is content with a pinch-hitting role, so I’d imagine a solid three-man rotation — with Ford featured prominently — is in the cards.

On passing downs, all three of them can play, with either Hali or Houston shifting inside. It will be up to defensive coordinator Bob Sutton to make it work, but I can tell you those guys are looking forward to it.

Bob Dole
10-30-2016, 07:35 PM

You want to know the player I would eat the most crow on right now? Parker Ehinger. But the kid can't stay healthy.

Ah. The "You're a ball washer" argument.

He has not been a liability against the run this season. But carry on.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-30-2016, 07:36 PM

11 sacks in 14 games is great no matter who you are facing. The other guys don't give back sacks either.

kccrow
10-30-2016, 07:36 PM
That's fair I guess, but he's gotten a sack (or combined sack) in 5/7 games this year. I would definitely consider that consistent as far as making a play . Unfortunately Tamba erased his sack last week though.

He's not perfect, but I'm seeing such a big mark of consistency. He's not Houston but he's looking like a damn good complimentary OLB in the making

And I'll be fair too; he's getting better. He's not there yet and he's not a complete player yet. I think my expectations for him are that he becomes a complete player, being a 1st round pick. I know the "draft position doesn't matter" crowd will disagree, but that's my expectation. I expect one-trick ponies later in the draft.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-30-2016, 07:39 PM

Sorry dude. You seem football dumb.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-30-2016, 07:40 PM
Ah. The "You're a ball washer" argument.

He has not been a liability against the run this season. But carry on.

It's like these clowns watch a different game to pretend they weren't wrong.

kccrow
10-30-2016, 07:41 PM
Ahhh waaaaaaah my favorite player gets picked on by someone. Ban me from the thread oh great ones. Fucking retarded shit around here.

Bob Dole
10-30-2016, 07:47 PM
Ahhh waaaaaaah my favorite player gets picked on by someone. Ban me from the thread oh great ones. ****ing retarded shit around here.

Are you 15? Jesus Christ.

kccrow
10-30-2016, 07:50 PM
Are you 15? Jesus Christ.

Today I decided I am. Problem with that?

kccrow
10-30-2016, 07:51 PM
I need more beer.

kccrow
10-30-2016, 07:52 PM
Where's the All-22 thread from last week I can't seem to function the search... I want to see if bob and pasta are right and I'm drunk.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-30-2016, 07:54 PM
44 points allowed in the last 3 games to elite QBs and he's a big part of it.

KChiefs1
10-30-2016, 08:05 PM
44 points allowed in the last 3 games to elite QBs and he's a big part of it.

Defense won the game today & Dee Ford was a key part in it.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2016, 08:07 PM

The defense won a game in which the Chiefs scored 30 points, with TWO QB's and three running backs?

Did you watch or are you quoting stats?

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 08:25 PM
On what planet is Ford not good against the run?

He's been pretty fundamentally sound the past 6 games against the run. His coverage has been DJ-esque -- he gives up almost no receptions in coverage.

His passrushing could be more impactful, but he's basically learned how to play the position now. Now we fine-tune some of his instincts.

Once he pins his ears back, which are at the ends of games like this, and he literally doesn't have to give a shit about the run, he's super effective.

When he's got to keep one eye on the run, he's been pretty good.

So he just needs to better recognize runs vs. passes in that split second after the snap.

He's only going to get better.

And then Houston returns.

MotherfuckerJones
10-30-2016, 08:29 PM
Man the turf in Indy really was fun for Ford. He was so fast off the ball already having that insane first step.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-30-2016, 08:31 PM

The guy is a ****ing moron

Marcellus
10-30-2016, 08:46 PM

:eek:

jjchieffan
10-30-2016, 09:05 PM
I wonder how much Dadi is bulking up during the season? He is getting experience as the season progresses. Can you imagine the pass rush come January. With a healthy Houston, A much improved Ford. Jones and Dadi with a full season under their belsts and Hali still playing at a high level, not to mention Poe commanding double teams in the middle? We could have an unstoppable pass rush.

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 09:14 PM
You typically don't bulk up over the season. These guys are steadily losing weight throughout the year.

You bulk up in the offseason.

And I gotta say, a fully healthy Houston with Ford across from him and a second-year Dadi rotating in sounds hella sexy.

Baby Lee
10-30-2016, 09:15 PM
The defense won a game in which the Chiefs scored 30 points, with TWO QB's and three running backs?

Did you watch or are you quoting stats?

Both sides played well enough to make the win comfortable. Neither were mandatory due to the overall performance.

That said, squelching the threat of Luck going off was a bigger accomplishment than squelching the 'threat' of a dominant Colts defensive effort.

jspchief
10-31-2016, 06:32 AM
Sacking Luck the is the equivalent of a participation trophy for nfl pass rushers. But I will say this is the first game where I really noticed Ford doing more than just trying to beat his man with speed. He even had a nice bull rush. I hope I was wrong and he turns out to be good. Will be huge if he can replace Hali next year.

Aspengc8
10-31-2016, 06:57 AM
Is Tamba even outsnapping Zombo this year? I think Ford will get more plays than Tamba.

No matter what you think of Ford or what players he has beaten, this is hilarious. 0.5 sack less than Miller. Calling Ford a bust was always a massively premature thing to do. Even 2 years isn't exactly a lot of time.

I'm all for Ford improving- and he has been. Dadi may be in the same situation.. gain a few pounds in the off-season like Ford did this year, and you may see even more of him next year. Like I said earlier, you are going to see a rotation based on what the offense is showing for its personnel. In situations where there are 2 RB or multiple TE's, I think you will see more Hali. Otherwise going to see more Ford. To be honest, this is a GOOD situation to be in, with this much talent rotating.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-31-2016, 06:59 AM
Llllloaded lloaded

RunKC
10-31-2016, 08:00 AM
If Houston comes back to even 80% of his normal talent this year then QB's are going to struggle immensely.
Ford is collapsing the outside pocket forcing QB's to step up and Poe/Jones are playing so well pushing the interior 5 yards back consistently.

I loved Sutton's plan of getting Nicolas snaps when we're up by double digits. There's no need to use Tamba as much in those situations.
Speaking of..I really liked what I saw from Nicolas. The young man keeps flashing when he gets opportunities.
He's only played like 25 snaps and has a QB hit, batted pass and a pressure.

DJ's left nut
10-31-2016, 08:34 AM
The guy's making a difference playing the wrong position.

Imagine putting a G at RT and having him play well - that's what we're doing with Ford right now. The way we use the SOLB in this defense is so much different than the Will that it really is like playing a different position rather than just on a different side.

When Houston comes back and Ford's able to play where he should have been playing his entire career, he's going to be even better.

I said the dude was a 10 sack player and frankly, I may have underestimated him. And as I said last week, the 'gets his against bad OL's' argument is just the worst of the false canards. That's what they all do. Take away the 'get fat' games that even the best have against poor opponents and suddenly 15 sack guys become 8-9 sack guys pretty quickly.

I've been saying it for 2 years but everything this guy did in college and every one of his measurements made him as good a prospect as Dante Fowler. There's nothing on tape or on film to demonstrate a decided difference between the two. Just like Dorsey managed to get a less heralded version of Trae Waynes in Phillip Gaines, he did it here with Dee Ford.

The kid can play.

Aspengc8
10-31-2016, 08:46 AM
The guy's making a difference playing the wrong position.

Imagine putting a G at RT and having him play well - that's what we're doing with Ford right now. The way we use the SOLB in this defense is so much different than the Will that it really is like playing a different position rather than just on a different side.

When Houston comes back and Ford's able to play where he should have been playing his entire career, he's going to be even better.

I said the dude was a 10 sack player and frankly, I may have underestimated him. And as I said last week, the 'gets his against bad OL's' argument is just the worst of the false canards. That's what they all do. Take away the 'get fat' games that even the best have against poor opponents and suddenly 15 sack guys become 8-9 sack guys pretty quickly.

I've been saying it for 2 years but everything this guy did in college and every one of his measurements made him as good a prospect as Dante Fowler. There's nothing on tape or on film to demonstrate a decided difference between the two. Just like Dorsey managed to get a less heralded version of Trae Waynes in Phillip Gaines, he did it here with Dee Ford.

The kid can play.

He rushed from the left @ auburn as well, no?

DJ's left nut
10-31-2016, 09:05 AM
He rushed from the left @ auburn as well, no?

But with his hand on the ground.

It isn't where he's standing but rather what he's asked to do. The strong side in this scheme has a ton of coverage and edge support responsibility. He didn't have that at Auburn because he was used as a pure 3-point speed rusher. That area of his game was incredibly underdeveloped because of it.

If he's on the weak side, his responsibilities will be more in line with what he was asked to do at Auburn. Though really, it's not even a necessity at this point as he's gotten much better in both of those areas with playing time (because...duh).

But when he's given more pass rush responsibility and a chance to focus on that area, he'll be an even more disruptive presence. He's earned the starting role ahead of Hali, IMO.

Bowser
10-31-2016, 09:26 AM
It's almost like we either don't know how to be happy after a convincing win or just can't stand being happy after a convincing win. Jesus, lol.

O.city
10-31-2016, 09:32 AM
It's almost like we either don't know how to be happy after a convincing win or just can't stand being happy after a convincing win. Jesus, lol.

I was thnking about that last night.

We went in a thoroughly dominated a top 5 offense on the road. I mean, it was worse than the score showed, it was an ass kicking.

We don't know how to react to that.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-31-2016, 09:34 AM

That's where I'm at. His criticism was earned. Running away from the ball and shit. Glad he's arriving. He's going to be beloved here once teams have to start using resources to cover Justin Houston.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-31-2016, 09:36 AM

Such an angry little possum!!!

kcxiv
10-31-2016, 09:36 AM

We went in a thoroughly dominated a top 5 offense on the road. I mean, it was worse than the score showed, it was an ass kicking.

Well, people will just come and say, well their offensive line wasnt good. Well, guess what? The's supposed to dominate lesser olines and struggle against good oline's. Thats why the NFL pays LT's insane money, because its hard to get passed them. IF it wasnt, regardless of who was the pass rusher, they wouldnt make so much damned money (LT's).

The Franchise
10-31-2016, 09:38 AM
Been a fan of his since he was drafted. I'll eat crow in the fact that I thought he would have done this sooner. Good to see him finally step it up though.

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2016, 09:40 AM

It's pretty clear that most of this forum doesn't know how to react.

For the duration of the offseason, a majority of members have slammed the fact that Dorsey didn't re-sign Sean Smith and that he didn't bring in more pass rushers or cornerbacks. The majority thought the defense was going to be a Work In Progress and that the offense was going to be amazing and make up for it.

Lo and behold, the offense started off slow yet the defense picked up right where it left off last year without Houston, holding high scoring offenses to season low's while young players see a ton of playing time.

The Chiefs thoroughly dominated the Colts, Raiders and Jets defensively, held the Saints to their second lowest point total and the offense is finally clicking.

It just seems like most people here can't handle the fact that the Chiefs are a very good, if not great, football team.

DJ's left nut
10-31-2016, 09:41 AM
Well, people will just come and say, well their offensive line wasnt good. Well, guess what? The's supposed to dominate lesser olines and struggle against good oline's. Thats why the NFL pays LT's insane money, because its hard to get passed them. IF it wasnt, regardless of who was the pass rusher, they wouldnt make so much damned money (LT's).

No, no no.

Sacks only count when they come against good pass rushers. Because Von Miller gets all his sacks against Tyron Smith and Joe Thomas.

Offenses are run right now in a way where credible tackles just don't give up many sacks. Fisher's only given up 1 or 2 this year, right? And he's merely good; but no means great.

Good players get fat against bad players and hold their own against other good players. That's what we've seen from Ford this year. The other guy gets paid to play as well. The league is pro-offense so to act like a defensive player should be beating up on similarly talented offensive players is just ignoring the way the league has trended of late.

DJ's left nut
10-31-2016, 09:45 AM

For the duration of the offseason, a majority of members have slammed the fact that Dorsey didn't re-sign Sean Smith and that he didn't bring in more pass rushers or cornerbacks. The majority thought the defense was going to be a Work In Progress and that the offense was going to be amazing and make up for it.

Lo and behold, the offense started off slow yet the defense picked up right where it left off last year without Houston, holding high scoring offenses to season low's while young players see a ton of playing time.

The Chiefs thoroughly dominated the Colts, Raiders and Jets defensively and the offense is finally clicking.

It just seems like most people here can't handle the fact that the Chiefs are a very good, if not great, football team.

Kicked dog syndrome.

Though there does remain real room for conversation at QB. Sure, the offense looked better yesterday but it tended to look its best with Foles under center. Now, for the good plays Foles made downfield, he missed on some short passes that Smith wouldn't have and it impacted the scoreboard. But there's a real discussion as to whether that improvement downfield more than offset the losses short and the lost mobility (though Smith's not looking as spry these days either).

Man it would've been nice had that game happened just like that with Smith in charge. And really, it might have - Smith went deep twice in his first 3 attempts, correct? There was clearly a commitment to the deep ball. And neither throw to Hill was amazing - the first was a badly underthrown ball that Hill did a nice job adjusting and shielding the DB and the second was just badly blown coverage for an easy pitch and catch. They weren't exactly signs of a sustainable downfield model.

There are still unanswered questions on offense.

RunKC
10-31-2016, 09:47 AM

The Chiefs thoroughly dominated the Colts, Raiders and Jets defensively, held the Saints to their second lowest point total and the offense is finally clicking.

5/7 Chiefs opponents are top 12 in scoring offense. The Chiefs are currently 8th in points allowed after playing all those teams without their best player.

Bowser
10-31-2016, 09:52 AM
We can sit and debate Smith vs. Foles, but credit where it is due - that TD pass to Maclin was a thing of beauty, and I'm really not sure he makes that throw the last couple of years. Alex has improved this season with his downfield accuracy, like it or not. Doesn't mean he has "arrived" as an All-Pro weapon, but the improvements are plain to see in 2016.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-31-2016, 09:57 AM
We can sit and debate Smith vs. Foles, but credit where it is due - that TD pass to Maclin was a thing of beauty, and I'm really not sure he makes that throw the last couple of years. Alex has improved this season with his downfield accuracy, like it or not. Doesn't mean he has "arrived" as an All-Pro weapon, but the improvements are plain to see in 2016.

Weird thread for this post, but that throw to Maclin was picture perfect.

DJ's left nut
10-31-2016, 09:58 AM
Weird thread for this post, but that throw to Maclin was picture perfect.

The throw before it was even better. That thing was dropped right into the 1 foot by 1 foot box it needed to be in and Maclin, for whatever reason, felt like 1 hand was the way to go. The ball should've been caught.

Maclin's not been right this year. He hasn't been right since his buddy died. It's just been a really weird year for him.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-31-2016, 10:00 AM
The throw before it was even better. That thing was dropped right into the 1 foot by 1 foot box it needed to be in and Maclin, for whatever reason, felt like 1 hand was the way to go. The ball should've been caught.

Maclin's not been right this year. He hasn't been right since his buddy died. It's just been a really weird year for him.

I forgot about that. He really threaded a needle on that throw, and Maclin just fucked it off. You're right about him being fucked up since his buddy died as well. He's just not himself out there right now.

Bowser
10-31-2016, 10:02 AM
Weird thread for this post, but that throw to Maclin was picture perfect.It was a quasi-reply to DJ's Nutsack.

He had 3 catches off of 10 targets yesterday, very much under what he normally produces. And you're right - he doesn't look anything like himself this year. No explosion off the line or out of cuts. Hopefully he gets out of his funk soon.

Bowser
10-31-2016, 10:03 AM
And yeah, that one handed attempt at a catch in the endzone was fuckery. Maclin knows better than that.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-31-2016, 10:04 AM
It was a quasi-reply to DJ's Nutsack.

He had 3 catches off of 10 targets yesterday, very much under what he normally produces. And you're right - he doesn't look anything like himself this year. No explosion off the line or out of cuts. Hopefully he gets out of his funk soon.

Mah bad. He seems like a genuinely good kid. I mean obviously I want him at maximum performance for the Chiefs, but JMac is someone I genuinely like from what I know of him as a person. I hope he gets his mind right for him. Losing peers at his age is a fucked up thing to go through. We've all been there.

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2016, 10:12 AM
Kicked dog syndrome.

Though there does remain real room for conversation at QB. Sure, the offense looked better yesterday but it tended to look its best with Foles under center. Now, for the good plays Foles made downfield, he missed on some short passes that Smith wouldn't have and it impacted the scoreboard. But there's a real discussion as to whether that improvement downfield more than offset the losses short and the lost mobility (though Smith's not looking as spry these days either).

Man it would've been nice had that game happened just like that with Smith in charge. And really, it might have - Smith went deep twice in his first 3 attempts, correct? There was clearly a commitment to the deep ball. And neither throw to Hill was amazing - the first was a badly underthrown ball that Hill did a nice job adjusting and shielding the DB and the second was just badly blown coverage for an easy pitch and catch. They weren't exactly signs of a sustainable downfield model.

Foles hit passes that Smith likely wouldn't have and vice versa. But Smith was on fire before the first blow to the head and looked like he was going to have his best game of the year.

I don't see how they don't pick up Foles option next year, regardless of the $10 million dollar cap charge (which can be renegotiated, of course). I don't know if he can truly become a Franchise QB but Smith has taken a lot of hits this year, which tend to compound over the course of a season or two.

If Foles can't be a Franchise QB, he'd make a helluva transition QB.

ChiefAshhole1056
10-31-2016, 10:13 AM
He definitely prefers the right sideline for the "bucket" throws.

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2016, 10:14 AM

Maclin's clearly not the same guy. I don't think he fell of the cliff in terms of physical presence or age but mentally, he's just not home this year.

I hope he recovers mentally before the playoffs but even if it takes him until 2017 to return to form, I think we should all greatly appreciate the effort he put into the offseason with Conley and Wilson.

Conley is leaps and bounds ahead of where he was last year and I don't think that's by accident.

Bowser
10-31-2016, 10:17 AM
Maclin, however, is run blocking like a motherfucking man right now. Maclin destroys his guy on run plays and screens to his side. I don't think he's ever been a "bad" blocker, but he's upped his game there this year.

Bowser
10-31-2016, 10:18 AM
Conley is so, so close to being the #2 guy we've needed to go along with our #1 receiving threat. I really wish he would have kept his feet on that wide open play he had down the sideline. I wanted to see his speed kick into gear by outrunning the safety to the endzone.

DJ's left nut
10-31-2016, 10:23 AM
Conley is so, so close to being the #2 guy we've needed to go along with our #1 receiving threat. I really wish he would have kept his feet on that wide open play he had down the sideline. I wanted to see his speed kick into gear by outrunning the safety to the endzone.

Another throw from Foles into blown coverage where he didn't really make a great throw. If he puts it out there just a little more, Conley's untouched for a score.

Bowser
10-31-2016, 10:32 AM
Another throw from Foles into blown coverage where he didn't really make a great throw. If he puts it out there just a little more, Conley's untouched for a score.

True. I'll give Foles a bit of a pass due to rust on that throw, but that was a gimme he should hit.

Man, that Indy defense is rotten taint.

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2016, 11:13 AM
True. I'll give Foles a bit of a pass due to rust on that throw, but that was a gimme he should hit.

Here's the thing though: I don't know if anyone can label it "rust" or a pattern.

He was downright awful last year with Rams. Now, the Rams are an awful team with little offensive talent outside of Gurley and Austin and they're extremely vanilla in terms of play calling but Foles was just bad. So bad, he was beat out by Case Keenum, who is beyond awful.

I think Foles signed with KC because he needed to get back to basics, work on his mechanics and decision making. He looked much better yesterday than he did in the preaseason but he still missed on some of his throws.

I expect Smith to miss at least one game but as we've seen with the concussion protocol, he could miss as many as four or five. It's just hard to predict. But if the Chiefs are to beat good teams like Denver and Atlanta and even Carolina, all on the road, Foles will need to hit more of those passes than he misses.

Kiimo
10-31-2016, 11:49 AM
Back to Dee Ford, his turnaround has been really reminiscent of when DJ suddenly became a good player.

I remember how down on him we all were and then almost by magic he turned into something great. I really hope we are witnessing that with Dee Ford.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-31-2016, 12:25 PM
Back to Dee Ford, his turnaround has been really reminiscent of when DJ suddenly became a good player.

I remember how down on him we all were and then almost by magic he turned into something great. I really hope we are witnessing that with Dee Ford.

11 in 14 games? Yeah i believe he's arrived. This team is also 15-2 in the last 17 :eek:

DJ's left nut
10-31-2016, 12:28 PM

Not really.

DJ was starting, he just wasn't playing well. The defense changed and suddenly he exploded. There's a chance he'd have never developed to this level if we stayed in a 4-3. I doubt it, but it could've happened.

Ford, OTOH, simply wasn't playing because he was behind two all-timers. Houston has HoF talent and Hali's probably still getting to 100 sacks. No shame in sitting behind those guys.

People that quit on DJ quit because he was playing poorly. People that quit on Ford quit because they just couldn't hold their wad. Ford wasn't getting to play at all.

Kiimo
10-31-2016, 12:54 PM
I thought DJ turned it around before our defense changed but I could be misremembering that.

But yeah some players need to get time in. Crazy how that works.

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2016, 01:04 PM
I thought DJ turned it around before our defense changed but I could be misremembering that.

But yeah some players need to get time in. Crazy how that works.

DJ's breakout season was 2010, his sixth year in the league

Mr. Flopnuts
10-31-2016, 01:14 PM

Yeah, and it was Todd Haley of all people who got in his head and got him going.

DJ's left nut
10-31-2016, 01:17 PM

He looked in '07 like he might be turning the corner but it was becoming increasingly obvious by '09 that the 4-3 just wasn't going to let him capitalize on his talents.

He really has had a remarkable career in that he's essentially had 2 fairly long, extremely distinct periods. Not many guys stay stuck in neutral until they're in their late 20s only to explode and then maintain that level. Oh sure, some have a freakish hot season (usually a contract year) and then regress back to their old standard of performance.

But how many guys wait that long and then find a new normal that is a legit all-pro caliber player?

DJ and Ford really aren't that similar. DJ's story is actually going to be far FAR less common.

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2016, 03:14 PM
Yeah, and it was Todd Haley of all people who got in his head and got him going.

And Romeo Crennel, who he saw as a father figure

jjchieffan
10-31-2016, 04:15 PM
You typically don't bulk up over the season. These guys are steadily losing weight throughout the year.

You bulk up in the offseason..

That's not what Chiefshrink told me. He said that it was common for young guys like Dadi and Ehinger to bulk up a lot during the season.

SAUTO
10-31-2016, 04:27 PM
That's not what Chiefshrink told me. He said that it was common for young guys like Dadi and Ehinger to bulk up a lot during the season.

He said that it's common for a player to gain a third or more in strength during a season.ROFL

kcxiv
10-31-2016, 04:34 PM
No, no no.

Sacks only count when they come against good pass rushers. Because Von Miller gets all his sacks against Tyron Smith and Joe Thomas.

Offenses are run right now in a way where credible tackles just don't give up many sacks. Fisher's only given up 1 or 2 this year, right? And he's merely good; but no means great.

Good players get fat against bad players and hold their own against other good players. That's what we've seen from Ford this year. The other guy gets paid to play as well. The league is pro-offense so to act like a defensive player should be beating up on similarly talented offensive players is just ignoring the way the league has trended of late.

Von Miller is an elite player. There arent many of him. We all have to admit, he's the best rushing linebacker in the league. Not everyone can be at that level. Im not saying dee ford cant beat a great LT, but its not going to be easy. The Chiefs have had beast olines through the years and not many players dominated guys like Roaf. Its hard to do regardless of who was on the other side.

Anyways, Ford is doing what he's supposed to do. He's getting better and he's starting to make an impact on the game. Keep moving forward youngster.

Sorter
10-31-2016, 05:29 PM

Chiefshrink was the only person alive who watched Alex Smith get KO'd and said "If he'd just bulked up in-season with some shrugs he'd have been fine!"

NJChiefsFan
10-31-2016, 06:26 PM

Disagree with the red. Agree with the green. I don't think most of the forum was mad Smith didn't get that contract from us. I think a lot, like me, thought it would be a bumpy transition over the course of the year, hence green being correct. I think a decent amount of us viewed Smith leaving as a 1 step back, 2 steps forward move. For the long-term health of the team, it was the right move. And if you told us Gaines would have been this banged up, the concern level would have been even higher. More kudos to the secondary for that.

Kicked dog syndrome.

Smith did look like he wanted to go deep yesterday, and did. I do think he would have pushed the ball like Foles. Maybe not as much, and as you said, what would his success rate have been.

KChiefs1
11-06-2016, 02:06 PM
Yes

Chiefs4TheWin
11-06-2016, 02:35 PM

Feel the same way.

JohnnyHammersticks
11-06-2016, 03:30 PM
He didn't do a damn thing while earning millions the first couple years, but credit where credit is due. He's balling right now, and our pass rush is going to be a real bitch for opposing QBs once J Houston starts rounding into form.

KCCHIEFS27
11-06-2016, 03:46 PM
I hope he keeps it up when Houston plays again. Because Ford is gonna have to shift over and play against LT's. That is gonna be a tougher task. Can't expect the sack numbers to stay where they are. But still gonna need to see an impact however possible.

MotherfuckerJones
11-06-2016, 03:47 PM
I was patient with Ford and it's paid off. Some of these guys take awhile to develop.

oaklandhater
11-06-2016, 03:48 PM
Ford was amazing today I'll eat some crow

Mr. Laz
11-06-2016, 03:48 PM
I hope he keeps it up when Houston plays again. Because Ford is gonna have to shift over and play against LT's. That is gonna be a tougher task. Can't expect the sack numbers to stay where they are. But still gonna need to see an impact however possible.

actually we can slide the Dline around and bring Ford off the right side if we wanted to

It would require some effort by Sutton though

beach tribe
11-06-2016, 04:06 PM
I stayed firm with my belief in Ford and almost laughed when people were suggesting starting zombo or Nicholas.

it was pretty obvious even with a small sample size how much talent he had and that he just needed playing time.

I chose him as my break break out player at the beginning of the season and I've been dead to rights..

Dude is a Beast.

jjchieffan
11-06-2016, 04:18 PM
He's looking good. 9 sacks in 8 games? That's elite. I know that Buffalo doesn't play until Monday night, but Ford is tied with Lorenzo Alexander and is a half game up on VonDouchebag. And they have all played 8 games because Dungver and Buffalo haven't had their bye week yet.

MMXcalibur
11-06-2016, 04:24 PM
Ecstatic about Dee Ford's progress and it warms my heart and stirs my loins to think of a built up Dee Ford coupled with a rejuvenated Justin Houston.

Anyong Bluth
11-06-2016, 04:24 PM
Can I still hate on Alex Smith? This offense was nice to watch today under Foles.
There's more crow for anyone who wants 2nds.

DaneMcCloud
11-06-2016, 04:25 PM

LMAO

Sannyasi
11-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Ford is probably the team MVP today. He had a great game.

RunKC
11-06-2016, 04:27 PM
I thought Ford would be a 5-7 sack player this year.

Hand me some crow.

Chiefshrink
How did Jones play ?

Direckshun
So... We're up to 13 sacks in 15 games, right?

Easy 6
Ecstatic about Dee Ford's progress and it warms my heart and stirs my loins to think of a built up Dee Ford coupled with a rejuvenated Justin Houston.

If Houston is anything like his old self... its going to be SICKDICULOUS

Easy 6
11-06-2016, 04:30 PM
How did Jones play ?

He has maybe had better games, but still forced the issue on several plays

Just wait until next year after an offseason in the strength program, and things begin to slow down for him mentally... its gonna be Sasquatch Time

Mr. Laz
11-06-2016, 04:30 PM
He's looking good. 9 sacks in 8 games? That's elite. I know that Buffalo doesn't play until Monday night, but Ford is tied with Lorenzo Alexander and is a half game up on VonDouchebag. And they have all played 8 games because Dungver and Buffalo haven't had their bye week yet.
Ford didn't rush the passer much in the first 4 of those 8 games either.

It's more like 7.5 sacks in the last 4 games.

Chiefshrink
11-06-2016, 04:31 PM
He has maybe had better games, but still forced the issue on several plays

Just wait until next year after an offseason in the strength program, and things begin to slow down for him mentally... its gonna be Sasquatch Time

:thumb:

Molitoth
11-06-2016, 04:32 PM

Tell me Alex Smith hasn't had 2983928 games just like Foles had today.
Dumbass.

We got to see if Foles would take advantage of his opportunity. He did not.

jjchieffan
11-06-2016, 04:33 PM
So... We're up to 13 sacks in 15 games, right?

That's pretty good production. I think when Houston returns, it's gonna be like Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas again. I get pretty excited when I thin k about Poe getting double teamed in the middle, Jones and Ford rushing from one side, and Houston from the other. How do you stop that pass rush?

Chiefshrink
11-06-2016, 04:34 PM
I will eat my crow when he matches Von or bests him when we play them and we beat them 2wice.

DaneMcCloud
11-06-2016, 04:35 PM
Dumbass.

Foles is Foles. He played no differently than he did for the Rams or Eagles, minus the turnovers today.

To think he was better than Smith, let alone special player, was wishful thinking by uneducated fans.

DaneMcCloud
11-06-2016, 04:36 PM
I will eat my crow when he matches Von or bests him when we play them and we beat them 2wice.

That's a fucking stupid bar to set.

Mr. Laz
11-06-2016, 04:37 PM
That's pretty good production. I think when Houston returns, it's gonna be like Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas again.
They don't play the same positions really.

Neil Smith - DE
Derrick Thomas - Rushbacker/ROLB

Ford - Rushbacker/ROLB (i assume Sutton with move him over to there)
Houston - LOLB

Smith and Thomas could line up beside each other on virtually every play.

Ford and Houston will only do it when Sutton calls a blitz for Houston and then flips Ford over to the other side. I doubt it happens very often.

Most it will be Ford on one end and Houston on the other.

Anyong Bluth
11-06-2016, 04:39 PM
That's a fucking stupid bar to set.
Not to mention, Dee has more sacks than Von right now since they've played the same # of games as of right now since the donkeys don't play til tonight.

jjchieffan
11-06-2016, 04:40 PM

He's already bested him in sacks. He has 9 sacks in 8 games this season. VonDouchebag has 7.5 sacks in 8 games. Tied for the league lead in sacks and you want to see him best him head to head too before you eat the crow? Come on man. Give credit where credit is due. Ford is not a bust, he's a beast.

Anyong Bluth
11-06-2016, 04:40 PM
Dumbass.

So, that's a yes, please. Coming right up.

jjchieffan
11-06-2016, 04:42 PM

Neil Smith - DE

Houston - LOLB

Ford and Houston will only do it when Sutton calls a blitz for Houston and then flips Ford over to the other side. I doubt it happens very often.

I know that Ford is a OLB and Smith is a DE. But what I was getting at was having the 2 of them on the field at the same time coming from both sides.

Easy 6
11-06-2016, 04:42 PM

Yeah... its time to ease up on Ford, my friend

He genuinely has looked better every single week this year and absolutely killed it today

jonzie04
11-06-2016, 04:47 PM

So basically in order for ford to not be a bust in your eyes,he has to outplay the SB MVP twice, and we have to beat the defending SB champs twice? This is just plain silly...

Mr. Laz
11-06-2016, 04:47 PM
I know that Ford is a OLB and Smith is a DE. But what I was getting at was having the 2 of them on the field at the same time coming from both sides.
:clap::thumb:

carcosa
11-06-2016, 05:09 PM
He's BUILT FORD TOUGH!!!!!!

R Clark
11-06-2016, 05:15 PM

Neil Smith - DE

Houston - LOLB

Derrick lined up on the left side Neil on the right.i never remember them coming from the same side

Mr. Laz
11-06-2016, 05:22 PM
Derrick lined up on the left side Neil on the right.i never remember them coming from the same sideThey did

It might have been when goonther was Head Coach, i don't remember.

NJChiefsFan
11-06-2016, 05:23 PM
What was up with Sutton putting ford at the MLB spot on 4th down against JAX on their last possession? Not only did he not rush him, he didn't even pretend to rush him.

DaneMcCloud
11-06-2016, 05:28 PM
They did

It might have been when goonther was Head Coach, i don't remember.

Smith was gone 2 seasons (after the '96 season) before Cunningham was the Chiefs head coach in 1999

KChiefs1
11-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Ford didn't rush the passer much in the first 4 of those 8 games either.

It's more like 7.5 sacks in the last 4 games.

I think Sutton has unleashed him.

kcxiv
11-06-2016, 06:31 PM
So basically in order for ford to not be a bust in your eyes,he has to outplay the SB MVP twice, and we have to beat the defending SB champs twice? This is just plain silly...

not silly, retarded.

RunKC
11-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Imagine if Ford keeps this up. He's going to want big $$. We have a shit load of your guys we are about to either pay out the ass for or give nice contracts to.

Poe or Berry (let's be honest here, it's Poe)
Peters
Morse
Ford

And that not considering Ware holding out and wanting more $$, which he should absolutely do in the next year or two.

I now see why Dorsey arranged contracts for Howard, DJ and Tamba to be 3 years. In 2018 all their $$ is going to the young pups.

beach tribe
11-06-2016, 06:42 PM
:rolleyes: I don't know why some of you have such a hard time admitting when you're wrong.

So what the guys to be first-team All-Pro and be the league leader in sacks for you to not be wrong if you said he sucks.........

Gtfo..

beach tribe
11-06-2016, 06:43 PM
I guess this makes up for the time that I said Tamba was completely worthless and would never amount to shit after we set the league record for fewest sacks in a season...

Red Dawg
11-06-2016, 06:43 PM
Not looking like a bust this year. He's getting to the point that you need to account for him on passing downs. Finding his groove.

Rain Man
11-06-2016, 06:44 PM
Ford is carrying this team on his back.

SAUTO
11-06-2016, 06:47 PM
He was a beast today, that's for sure.

SAUTO
11-06-2016, 06:49 PM
And he should have had a couple more today.

MIAdragon
11-06-2016, 07:15 PM
He was a beast today, that's for sure.

How'd he look on runing plays?

Easy 6
11-06-2016, 07:27 PM

Most everyone on defense was getting destroyed against the run, Sutton just wasnt ready for their new OC without any film to look at on him

beach tribe
11-06-2016, 07:32 PM
His speed just looks effortless.

Very very few tackles in the league are going to be able to keep him from getting around the corner with a kick step

There's just no way. You would have to get somebody to chip him
If Houston comes back to full speed there will be no answer other than get the ball out of your hands in less than 2 seconds

Anyong Bluth
11-06-2016, 07:36 PM
Derrick lined up on the left side Neil on the right.i never remember them coming from the same side
They did on a stack blitz. DT would tap Neil on the butt before the snap on the side he was going to blitz - inside or outside.

Anyong Bluth
11-06-2016, 07:38 PM
Smith was gone 2 seasons (after the '96 season) before Cunningham was the Chiefs head coach in 1999
Gun was here 95-00 & 04 to 08.

Anyong Bluth
11-06-2016, 07:41 PM
Serviceable. 100x better than week 1 and 2. The entire rush D has been weak though, but it's not Denver bad or anything.

SAUTO
11-06-2016, 07:54 PM

The whole defense looked terrible against the run so it's hard to tell.

But he had to be accounted for of most every pass play

SAUTO
11-06-2016, 07:56 PM
And he's, also starting to use multiple moves. He's not all about speed. He is using his power much better

Anyong Bluth
11-06-2016, 08:11 PM
And he's, also starting to use multiple moves. He's not all about speed. He is using his power much better
He's definitely started bulking up. Starting to look like mini Houston out there.

SAUTO
11-06-2016, 08:17 PM
He's definitely started bulking up. Starting to look like mini Houston out there.

I saw a bullrush and when they got to the backfield he just slapped the RT out of the way. And made it look easy.

-King-
11-06-2016, 08:28 PM
I saw a bullrush and when they got to the backfield he just slapped the RT out of the way. And made it look easy.

Yep, the more I see him, the more obvious it seems that it was just a matter of him getting enough reps to get it. Hali can teach you how to hand fight every day in practice but if you only get a few reps per game, you can never get the technique down. Now with fulltime reps, he's getting the technique down and I saw him use it a few times today.

redshirt32
11-06-2016, 08:34 PM
Fill my plate as well

Rain Man
11-06-2016, 09:04 PM

I definitely noticed that today. There was a play where he went wide and the QB stepped up so he ran out of the play. But on the next play, he faked out wide and then rushed inside. It wasn't a polished inside move, but I was pleased to see it. He's learning.

Easy 6
11-06-2016, 10:19 PM

Yep, he shoved that right arm into the tackles left shoulder and gained inside leverage

Dude is learning, when Houston gets back... watch out all you AFC posers

He has definitely been listening to Sensei Tamba

carcosa
11-07-2016, 09:22 AM
Ford is carrying this team on his back.

Cuz he's BUILT FORD TOUGH!!!!!!!!

DJ's left nut
11-07-2016, 09:27 AM
Yep, he shoved that right arm into the tackles left shoulder and gained inside leverage

Dude is learning, when Houston gets back... watch out all you AFC posers

He has definitely been listening to Sensei Tamba

He showed a bull rush several times yesterday. One of the plays that Wilson made against the run, I believe in the first quarter, was a result of Ford doing a fantastic job of sealing the edge and forcing the RB upfield right into a waiting Wilson.

The guy's getting better every week and every jackwagon that's come in this thread saying "I ain't eating shit; it took the guy 3 years and he's not Von Miller yet" is just being a stubborn dick at this point. The kid was buried behind 2 great players as a rookie, flashed talent last year and has been the most valuable player on the defense through 8 games this year.

If you 'demand' more than that from anybody, you're just being unreasonable.

Oh, and speaking of Tamba, it's getting a little sad watching him play. I feel like Ford's emergence couldn't have come at a more critical time not just because of his ability to stand in for Houston but because he'll be desperately needed to replace Tamba soon. Hali just doesn't have the explosion off the line he used to have and it's allowing LTs to get the step they need on him and just wait for him to come into their body. He's not on the field much these days and he's not been terribly impactful when he has been. Sad to see time finally run down a war horse like Hali. I'm hopeful he's just saving his energy for a late-season push.

ThaVirus
11-07-2016, 09:30 AM
I saw Hali get thrown to the dirt on at least three separate occasions yesterday. He's essentially ineffective.

Someone said he had 5 pressures but I doubt it. I legitimately don't remember him making a single notable play yesterday.

DJ's left nut
11-07-2016, 09:37 AM
I saw Hali get thrown to the dirt on at least three separate occasions yesterday. He's essentially ineffective.

Someone said he had 5 pressures but I doubt it. I legitimately don't remember him making a single notable play yesterday.

I remember one time he got pressure but most of the time I remember him just getting stood straight up. It seems like his handfighting has really fallen off and I think that has something to do with his inability to use that first step to get inside the tackle's arms.

Like I said, as often as not they're just waiting for him so they can get that punch in first and really dictate the play. It may be time to find a way to put his hand in the dirt so he can try to close the gap a bit. I'm not sure if he has the lower body strength to be effective in that role now that his knees are abandoning him, but that may be the way to keep him valuable.

Or you just hope that he's saving it and/or still building leg strength and stability back up. He just doesn't seem terribly useful right now.

O.city
11-07-2016, 09:39 AM
When houston comes back, I'd think about kicking hali inside on some pass rush plays maybe

RunKC
11-07-2016, 09:48 AM
Tamba looked bad yesterday bc he was tired and worn out. He played 53 snaps (69%). That's the most snaps he's played all season.

The reality is that Tamba needs to be playing 35 snaps Max the rest of the regular season to stay fresh and not overwork his legs. There's no reason Tamba should be on the field if we are up by double-digits.

Houston coming back should start to help here, but I'd still like to get Nicolas some obvious passing snaps as well.

jjchieffan
11-07-2016, 09:48 AM
I guess I was mistaken about sack totals. I thought that Vondouchebag had 7.5 sacks prior to last night and one last night made 8.5. But he has 9.5 now so I missed one somewhere. Still, Dee Ford is half a sack behind in one less game.

Anyong Bluth
11-07-2016, 11:29 AM
Read an article about a month ago regarding Hali that said because of his offseason surgery he is being limited reps because improvement from the procedure would take at least until mid December.

Some of it is to alleviate bone on bone pain, and HA injections form a highly dense matrix of cushion. It also has to settle in and anchor into the spot you want it to be placed. Casual movement and limited strenuous movement is alright, but too much too often would essentially push out the gel at the highest pressure points where you need it most.

Easy 6
11-07-2016, 11:31 AM
He showed a bull rush several times yesterday. One of the plays that Wilson made against the run, I believe in the first quarter, was a result of Ford doing a fantastic job of sealing the edge and forcing the RB upfield right into a waiting Wilson.

The guy's getting better every week and every jackwagon that's come in this thread saying "I ain't eating shit; it took the guy 3 years and he's not Von Miller yet" is just being a stubborn dick at this point. The kid was buried behind 2 great players as a rookie, flashed talent last year and has been the most valuable player on the defense through 8 games this year.

If you 'demand' more than that from anybody, you're just being unreasonable.

Oh, and speaking of Tamba, it's getting a little sad watching him play. I feel like Ford's emergence couldn't have come at a more critical time not just because of his ability to stand in for Houston but because he'll be desperately needed to replace Tamba soon. Hali just doesn't have the explosion off the line he used to have and it's allowing LTs to get the step they need on him and just wait for him to come into their body. He's not on the field much these days and he's not been terribly impactful when he has been. Sad to see time finally run down a war horse like Hali. I'm hopeful he's just saving his energy for a late-season push.

Agreed on all

He definitely showed an effective bullrush several times yesterday, and is showing an ability to get inside of his guy instead of being ridden wide of the play all the time, as so often happened earlier in his career... its certainly time he started getting some respect from people

Yeah, poor Tamba... the best thing thats going to happen for him is Houston coming back so his reps can be reduced significantly, that should really help his productivity

The saying "I aint as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was" comes to mind

And I like your idea from another post about maybe trying him with his hand in the dirt, it just might help him close that gap faster

Saccopoo
11-07-2016, 12:10 PM
http://www.kcconfidential.com/userfiles/1735916458_1240605367_eating_crow_answer_1_xlarge.jpg

Tastes like cold shit. Would not eat again.

dlphg9
11-07-2016, 02:23 PM
http://www.kcconfidential.com/userfiles/1735916458_1240605367_eating_crow_answer_1_xlarge.jpg

Tastes like cold shit. Would not eat again.

Did the lime not help?

jjchieffan
11-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Did the lime not help?

He forgot the tequila to go with that lime. That would have washed that crow down.

Willie Lanier
11-07-2016, 04:14 PM
I'll eat my share; I don't think I was ever unfairly critical, but I saw him as a 9 sack/season situational pass rusher, boy was I wrong...

He looks like a franchise bookend rusher this year, and I couldn't be happier to be wrong