PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jamaal Charles going to see Dr Andrews

RunKC
10-30-2016, 02:46 PM
Adam Schefter
Chiefs HC Andy Reid says RB Jamaal Charles will visit Dr. James Andrews this week to have his knee checked out.

UPDATED

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000734137/article/chiefs-optimistic-jamaal-charles-will-return-for-playoffs?campaign=Twitter_atn

Coochie liquor
10-30-2016, 02:47 PM
That really sucks. Went from lots of rb depth to none in one week

Skyy God
10-30-2016, 02:48 PM
It's a next man up league.

I bet Reaves gets elevated to the 53 and plays well.

scho63
I want to be optimistic but I think he doesn't come back this year and maybe never again.

That would be a shitty way to end his career.

Chromatic
That's not good at all. I think his time here is probably over.

No teams will trade for him so he either takes a very team friendly deal or is released. I hope he retires by that point because I don't want to see him wasting away in some bottom feeder franchise fucking up his knees any more than they have.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-30-2016, 02:49 PM
That's a lot of money we save next season. Poe was the easy decision to begin with

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2016, 02:50 PM
Considering that he's only taken 12 snaps this year and he's had swelling in both knees, this isn't surprising.

Going to IR is the most likely scenario while bringing up Reaves from the PS.

ThaVirus
10-30-2016, 02:51 PM
What's up with the swelling in both knees?

Weird.

Skyy God
10-30-2016, 02:54 PM

Weird.

He's torn ACLs in both knees

ThaVirus
10-30-2016, 02:57 PM
He's torn ACLs in both knees

He tore the other knee 5 years ago.

Bewbies
10-30-2016, 02:59 PM
Sad. If this is his end it's not much different than Priest Holmes. Hate to see the greats end their careers this way.

Easy 6
10-30-2016, 03:00 PM
Sad. If this is his end it's not much different than Priest Holmes. Hate to see the greats end their careers this way.

Agreed, this ****ing blows... for him AND us

DaFace
10-30-2016, 03:01 PM
Regardless of whether or not he plays again this year, the team has to 100% be planning for him to be gone.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2016, 03:02 PM
Agreed, this ****ing blows... for him AND us

He's still receiving his $5.3 million dollar salary this year, so it's not all bad for Charles.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2016, 03:02 PM
Regardless of whether or not he plays again this year, the team has to 100% be planning for him to be gone.

I think the Chiefs know this is the end. Otherwise, they wouldn't have signed Brooks to the PS.

Reaves is the next man up.

Skyy God
10-30-2016, 03:03 PM
He tore the other knee 5 years ago.

Well, sure.

Swelling in a surgically-repaired knee isn't uncommon, tho.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.drdavidgeier.com/outcomes-20-years-after-acl-surgery/amp/?client=safari

Mr. Flopnuts
10-30-2016, 03:04 PM
He's done in KC. I should've never deleted that thread.

jspchief
10-30-2016, 03:04 PM

Weird.
He could be putting extra pressure on the other knee from favoring the injured one.

Skyy God
10-30-2016, 03:07 PM
He could be putting extra pressure on the other knee from favoring the injured one.

This.

Overcompensating.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-30-2016, 03:09 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel pretty shitty losing Parker Ehinger right now

Kid was really coming along.

Reerun_KC
10-30-2016, 03:11 PM
Held on to him just a few years to long. Chiefs have a history of doing that.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2016, 03:12 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel pretty shitty losing Parker Ehinger right now

Kid was really coming along.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Spencer Ware did not pass concussion protocol. LG Parker Ehinger with sprained knee.</p>&mdash; Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/792828916356427776">October 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ARROW2
10-30-2016, 03:13 PM
Time to replace the road Charles jersey with something else on away game days.

MotherfuckerJones
10-30-2016, 03:14 PM
Sigh....makes me sad. Charles may very well be done.

MotherfuckerJones
10-30-2016, 03:15 PM
Held on to him just a few years to long. Chiefs have a history of doing that.

Oh well. What would we have gotten that's any better?

RINGLEADER
10-30-2016, 03:17 PM
Just hope he didn't pop one of them again pushing for that TD against Oakland.

Easy 6
10-30-2016, 03:17 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Spencer Ware did not pass concussion protocol. LG Parker Ehinger with sprained knee.</p>&mdash; Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/792828916356427776">October 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

People were talking like he got Theismanned

RunKC
10-30-2016, 03:21 PM
Radio saying he's going to get cleared just like Houston. He sounds like he's having the swelling issues Tamba had in his knees.

Looks like he might have Same surgery Tamba did to clean out both knees

pugsnotdrugs19
10-30-2016, 03:22 PM
Every time Andy says a guy has a 'knee sprain', it winds up being a serious knee injury.

Zach Fulton is our new starting left guard, and we can only hope he does a serviceable job.

Reerun_KC
10-30-2016, 03:23 PM
Oh well. What would we have gotten that's any better?

Ware and west. Or that RB are a dime a dozen. Teams win every year without KC...

Investing heavily in the RB position is so 1990...

Red Dawg
10-30-2016, 03:31 PM
I still have hope. Can't write him off for this year just yet. He is still a bad ass.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2016, 03:36 PM
I still have hope. Can't write him off for this year just yet. He is still a bad ass.

LMAO

Rain Man
10-30-2016, 03:37 PM
If Dr. James Andrews ever goes public, I'm buying his stock.

Meatloaf
10-30-2016, 04:37 PM
Not great news, but neither is not knowing whether Charles is going to be available each and every week. Need a tad of certainty with this. If he needs some "clean-up" in the knee(s), so be it. Just do it. Personally, I think he's heading to the IR. However, I think he'll return as a Chief next year too. I don't think he's done at all. In fact, I thought he looked pretty spry out there for the few carries he's had this year.

I don't want to see Charles playing for ANYONE but the Chiefs. If he retires, fine; if he is able to continue to play, play as a Chief. I don't want to see the man in ANY other uniform. EVER.

mdchiefsfan
10-30-2016, 04:48 PM
It's a next man up league.

I bet Reaves gets elevated to the 53 and plays well.

Reaves has looked solid in preseason. I wouldn't mind seeing what he does with better blockers in front of him.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-30-2016, 04:49 PM
Reaves has looked solid in preseason. I wouldn't mind seeing what he does with better blockers in front of him.

He would be facing better defenders, so that's all relative.

But the idea of Reaves being our 3rd RB doesn't scare me by any means.

mcaj22
10-30-2016, 04:56 PM
shame Fat Scott ruined the prime of Charles career with bad rosters, fraud coaches and terrible losing seasons

carcosa
10-30-2016, 05:05 PM
:(

In58men
10-30-2016, 05:09 PM
I don't see why everybody is assuming this is bad. With Ware possibly being out with a concussion maybe they want to make sure Charles can play next week?

PAChiefsGuy
10-30-2016, 05:24 PM
I don't see why everybody is assuming this is bad. With Ware possibly being out with a concussion maybe they want to make sure Charles can play next week?

Agreed.

I'm assuming it is pretty normal for a player of Jamaal's caliber to get his ACL repaired knee checked out especially if it has gotten some swelling recently. Doesn't mean he is going to IR..

We'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what Dr Andrews says. Hopefully we get good news.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2016, 05:35 PM
Agreed.

I'm assuming it is pretty normal for a player of Jamaal's caliber to get his ACL repaired knee checked out especially if it has gotten some swelling recently. Doesn't mean he is going to IR..

We'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what Dr Andrews says. Hopefully we get good news.

Good fucking grief.

Are you people following the timeline? BOTH knees are swollen. He can't practice because and he's taken 12 snaps this season.

NO doctor is going to say "Yeah, sure, play on two swollen knees. No worries".

In58men
10-30-2016, 05:38 PM
Good ****ing grief.

Are you people following the timeline? BOTH knees are swollen. He can't practice because and he's taken 12 snaps this season.

I don't think it's bad like most are assuming. I won't be shocked if he plays next week.

Chief Northman
10-30-2016, 05:43 PM
Face it folks, Charles' career with the Chiefs is going out with a whisper. Even healthy he is at best a rotational back playing behind Ware. The scheme is no longer catered to him and maybe that is a good thing. Last year Charles' absence forced the Chiefs to simplify in the run game, the line was allowed to play physical and straight ahead with less screen and draw plays.

Time to move on, and even if Charles manages to make some contributions this season, it really is gravy as the Chiefs seem comfortable moving ahead with Ware/West.

Deberg_1990
10-30-2016, 05:57 PM
It sucks losing a home run hitter like Charles. But the Chiefs have proven they can win without him.

If this is the end, thanks for everything Jamaal, but time to move on. Football is a brutal and unkind sport. Next man up.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2016, 06:09 PM
I don't think it's bad like most are assuming. I won't be shocked if he plays next week.

Either trolling or your dumber than I previously thought

PAChiefsGuy
10-30-2016, 06:55 PM
It sucks losing a home run hitter like Charles. But the Chiefs have proven they can win without him.

If this is the end, thanks for everything Jamaal, but time to move on. Football is a brutal and unkind sport. Next man up.

We proved we could win a playoff game without him but that's not this team's goal anymore.

We want to beat the elite teams in the NFL and win the SB we are going to need Jamaal. I love Ware but IMO he is not as good as Charles. Charles is way more explosive... Our defense isn't going to be able to shut down the Patriots if we see them in the playoffs.

Having Jamaal would give our offense enough firepower to possibly beat the Pats IMO.Charles/Ware would be a deadly one-two punch and make our offense a hell of a lot better than it is now.

Lets hope for the best.

As long as the Dr. Andrews says he can play this season and he is not getting put on IR then IMO there isn't much to worry about. We don't play a team with a winning record until Nov 27th... There is no need to rush him back so I'm not too worried about it right now.

Titty Meat
10-30-2016, 07:41 PM
Good ****ing grief.

Yeah that's interesting that it's both knees.

gonefishin53
10-30-2016, 07:55 PM
Darren Reaves is a bit bigger, faster, and stronger version of the Falcon's Jacquizz Rodgers. I like him better than West in a 1 back, multiple TE offense like the Chiefs use because he runs with better leverage and power.

hometeam
10-30-2016, 07:56 PM
yea.. this sucks. I was hoping the experimental stem cell stuff would work wonders.. but.. it hasnt.

I love Jamaal. I want to see him retire a Chief.

MotherfuckerJones
10-30-2016, 08:03 PM
I expect Charles to IR, and bring up Reeves activated for Sunday. Hope not for Charles' sake because I'd love nothing more for his knee to get better and be fresh for the playoffs.

Warrick
10-30-2016, 08:16 PM
He will be fine, it's very common for the knees to swell after playing on that crappy turf in Oakland. Andy Reid is being extra cautious and has to follow protocal with his best player on offense having two swollen knees. Gaines knee was swollen too, it may take Charles a few games to comeback because he's a little older. Yet don't forget how tough this kid is, he is going to prove a lot of naysayers on here wrong.

Why Not?
10-30-2016, 08:32 PM
Darren Reaves is a bit bigger, faster, and stronger version of the Falcon's Jacquizz Rodgers.

Um, you haven't been following other teams this year have you?

But your overall point is a good one.

Buns
10-30-2016, 08:43 PM
Albert Wilson is doing jack and shit. Cut him and bring up Reaves or possibly Brooks. Let Ware recover. My guess on Charles is he will rest up and finish his final season.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-31-2016, 09:00 AM
he should see Dr. James Westfall too

In58men
10-31-2016, 09:07 AM
Either trolling or your dumber than I previously thought

I'm honestly not trolling. I really believe the Chiefs are visiting to see if he can handle a split load with West if Ware is out. I guess I'm dumb.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-31-2016, 09:12 AM
He's not going on IR. It's not like he re-tore the SOB...

They're gonna figure some things out but he's not going on IR. He'll be playing and dressed out every week soon, if I had to guess.

In58men
10-31-2016, 09:15 AM
He's not going on IR. It's not like he re-tore the SOB...

They're gonna figure some things out but he's not going on IR. He'll be playing and dressed out every week soon, if I had to guess.

I agree. I think they want to see Andrews as a precautionary before giving him more of a workload.

RunKC
10-31-2016, 09:19 AM
Per Ian Rappaport, it was precautionary and they are going to see how he does at practice on Wednesday

Danguardace
10-31-2016, 09:27 AM
Albert Wilson is doing jack and shit. Cut him and bring up Reaves or possibly Brooks. Let Ware recover. My guess on Charles is he will rest up and finish his final season.

Albert Wilson is doing a fine Job as Punt Protector :D

....Cut his ass

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2016, 09:35 AM
I'm honestly not trolling. I really believe the Chiefs are visiting to see if he can handle a split load with West if Ware is out. I guess I'm dumb.

He's going to see the doctor that performed his ACL surgery last year to find out why he's not healing properly, not to ask permission to play on knees filled with fluid.

Either Andrews will recommend another procedure or he'll recommend that Charles waits it out.

One hit to either of those swollen knees and his year (and quite possibly, career) is over.

DJ's left nut
10-31-2016, 09:36 AM
The writing was on the wall either way. Even a healthy Charles was going to be a cap casualty next season.

I was hoping we'd get one last ride with an effective JC but it seems pretty unlikely. He just didn't show any explosion at all out there. Even his best run was one where he just picked and popped his way forward but when he looked for the afterburners when he hit the second level, they just weren't there.

He's essentially West with better vision these days.

RunKC
11-06-2016, 08:21 AM
Update here and in OP

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000734137/article/chiefs-optimistic-jamaal-charles-will-return-for-playoffs?campaign=Twitter_atn

Rausch
11-06-2016, 08:26 AM
I think the Chiefs know this is the end. Otherwise, they wouldn't have signed Brooks to the PS.

Reaves is the next man up.

I like his potential as a 3rd HB...

In58men
11-06-2016, 08:31 AM
Update here and in OP

https://media.giphy.com/media/iSKFtpF2HzneE/giphy.gif

Rausch
11-06-2016, 08:42 AM
So if I understand this correctly it's pretty much the same injury Big Ben had, right?...

PutQuinnIn
11-06-2016, 10:29 AM
Playoffs?

DaneMcCloud
11-06-2016, 10:51 AM
So if I understand this correctly it's pretty much the same injury Big Ben had, right?...

From my understanding, no.

Charles had a "jagged" meniscus, so Dr. Andrew trimmed it so that it won't cause him pain.

Unfortunately, it will most definitely cause him to have arthritis in both knees in less than 20 years.

The guy might be in a wheelchair by age 45...

pugsnotdrugs19
11-06-2016, 11:01 AM

Charles had a "jagged" meniscus, so Dr. Andrew trimmed it so that it won't cause him pain.

Unfortunately, it will most definitely cause him to have arthritis in both knees in less than 20 years.

Arthritis, and a Super Bowl ring on his hand as he leads the Chiefs on a miracle run when he comes back and then rides off into the sunset...

:D

Rausch
11-06-2016, 11:03 AM

Any time you remove cartilage it's bad.

Both had at least a similar procedure. Actually, I shouldn't say that: both had the same injury...

DaneMcCloud
11-06-2016, 11:11 AM
Any time you remove cartilage it's bad.

Both had at least a similar procedure. Actually, I shouldn't say that: both had the same injury...

Actually, Rothlisberger had a torn meniscus, which was repaired, while Charles menisci were worn down and jagged, so they were "trimmed". There are example images on the internet if that sort of stuff doesn't bother you.

At some point, Charles will be arthritic and bone on bone. Most likely, he's looking at full on knee replacement at some point, in both knees.

Rausch
11-06-2016, 11:15 AM
Actually, Rothlisberger had a torn meniscus, which was repaired, while Charles menisci were worn down and jagged, so they were "trimmed". There are example images on the internet if that sort of stuff doesn't bother you.

At some point, Charles will be arthritic and bone on bone. Most likely, he's looking at full on knee replacement at some point, in both knees.

I may be wrong but I thought Ben had his trimmed as well. They even spent a whole segment on it on NFLN AM.

I was not aware of Charles' situation being as bad as it is. I'd expect him to return even though, for his betterment, he shouldn't...

Hoover
11-06-2016, 01:18 PM
So Charles is our Kyle Schwarber? I'll take it!

jjchieffan
11-06-2016, 01:35 PM
One mod online today. BRC. He's the dick! He not only booted me from the GDT, he also booted me from my thread complaining about it and removed my thread starting privileges. Screw off BRC. Go suck on Foles big ole chili dog!!

SAUTO
11-06-2016, 01:43 PM
One mod online today. BRC. He's the dick! He not only booted me from the GDT, he also booted me from my thread complaining about it and removed my thread starting privileges. Screw off BRC. Go suck on Foles big ole chili dog!!

It's wasn't brc.

TimBone
11-06-2016, 01:44 PM

This thread is about Jamarl Childs. Please stay on topic, sir.

stumppy
11-06-2016, 01:45 PM

Jeez man, whats that got to do with Charles ?

stumppy
11-06-2016, 01:45 PM
It's wasn't brc.

You never know

SAUTO
11-06-2016, 01:46 PM
You never know

Flop posted and basically said he did it

TimBone
11-06-2016, 01:46 PM
Flop posted and basically said he did it

Covering for BRC. What a guy! He seems nice!

RealSNR
11-06-2016, 01:48 PM
BigRedChief lied, jj's thread starting abilities died

eDave
11-06-2016, 01:48 PM
LMAO It's totally Flop and he's LOVING it. As are we in chat. Come to chat and bitch there dude!

RealSNR
11-06-2016, 01:52 PM
Flopnuts, is there anything you can do to help jj out?