PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Andrew Luck sacked 6 times today; that's 31 through 8 games. On pace for 62.

oaklandhater
10-30-2016, 04:28 PM
Luck is going to die 62 in one season wow.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andrew Luck sacked 6 times today; that&#39;s 31 through 8 games.<br><br>On pace for 62. Sixty-two.</p>&mdash; Zak Keefer (@zkeefer) <a href="https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/792827676314644480">October 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rasputin
10-30-2016, 04:34 PM
Sucks to be him?

Reerun_KC
10-30-2016, 04:35 PM
That sucks.

oaklandhater
10-30-2016, 04:39 PM
Player Sk Year
David Carr (23) 76 2002
Randall Cunningham (23) 72 1986
David Carr (26) 68 2005
Jon Kitna (33) 63 2006

So he would take the top 5 spot you can see how the texans ruined Carr man 76 sacks in one year wow.

Indian Chief
10-30-2016, 04:44 PM
Player Sk Year
David Carr (23) 76 2002
Randall Cunningham (23) 72 1986
David Carr (26) 68 2005
Jon Kitna (33) 63 2006

So he would take the top 5 spot you can see how the texans ruined Carr man 76 sacks in one year wow.

As soon as I saw the thread title, I thought about David Carr.

oaklandhater
10-30-2016, 04:46 PM

if luck keeps getting sacked like this every season his name will be mentioned with Carr has wasted potential.

milkman
10-30-2016, 04:49 PM

I have said this time and time again.

David Carr never learned to read a defense, locked on to his primary target, and held the ball far too long.

The Texans line wasn't good, but he was every bit as responsible for those sacks as those guys.

He took 44 sacks in his last season as a starter.
The following season, with Jordan Black as the only upgrade, that same line gave up 22 sacks.

Andrew Luck isn't nearly as bad at reads as Carr, but there is no question that he also holds the ball far too long, and bears as much responsibility for those sack numbers as his line.

If a QB is getting sacked 40 plus times, it isn't just the line's fault.

keg in kc
10-30-2016, 04:51 PM
if luck keeps getting sacked like this every season his name will be mentioned with Carr has wasted potential.Yeah no. Luck has already had a solid career under his belt, already considered one of the elite signal callers in the league. He's about as far from David Carr as you can get. He's actually about as far along now in games played as Carr had for his entire career.

milkman
10-30-2016, 04:53 PM
Yeah no. Luck has already had a solid career under his belt, already overrated one of the elite signal callers in the league. He's about as far from David Carr as you can get. He's actually about as far along now in games played as Carr had for his entire career.

FYP

keg in kc
10-30-2016, 04:57 PM
FYPFucked up my post, maybe. He's not overrated at all in my opinion. He's Aaron Rodgers without the four years to develop on the sidelines. So we get to see all his growing pains from day one.

milkman
10-30-2016, 04:59 PM
****ed up my post, maybe. He's not overrated at all in my opinion. He's Aaron Rodgers without the four years to develop on the sidelines. So we get to see all his growing pains from day one.

He isn't elite, right now.

Saying that he is elite, today, is overrating him.

He can still grow into that elite status, but he ain't there yet

KChiefs1
10-30-2016, 05:09 PM
Sucks for Luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-30-2016, 05:11 PM
Can't believe there are analysts who think he is in MVP contention. The guy is above average at best. So much hype since he joined the league meanwhile Russell Wilson is already elite.

eDave
10-30-2016, 05:12 PM
Still better than Foles.

oaklandhater
10-30-2016, 05:13 PM
Still better than Foles.

hasn't looked it this season.

keg in kc
10-30-2016, 05:13 PM
He isn't elite, right now.

Saying that he is elite, today, is overrating him.

He can still grow into that elite status, but he ain't there yetThat depends on your definition of elite, I guess. I'm not sure who nationally wouldn't consider him one of the top qb's in the league. Aside from the injury-shortened season last year he was clearly trending upwards with regards to yards, td/int, rating, and the Colts have consistently won. I mean, shit, his last full season he threw for 4700 yards and 40 TD and he's not far off that pace for this year, including today's game, despite the obvious issues all over that team.

Rain Man
10-30-2016, 05:16 PM
Keep hitting him.

milkman
10-30-2016, 05:21 PM
That depends on your definition of elite, I guess. I'm not sure who nationally wouldn't consider him one of the top qb's in the league. Aside from the injury-shortened season last year he was clearly trending upwards with regards to yards, td/int, rating, and the Colts have consistently won. I mean, shit, his last full season he threw for 4700 yards and 40 TD and he's not far off that pace for this year, including today's game, despite the obvious issues all over that team.

One thing I expect from an elite QB is raising the level of play around him, and he certainly isn't doing that for his O-Line.

They aren't good, but he isn't doing them any favors.

In58men
10-30-2016, 05:22 PM
Indy is ruining him, why on earth would you not make Luck a top priority and give him a solid line?

oaklandhater
10-30-2016, 05:24 PM
Indy is ruining him, why on earth would you not make Luck a top priority and give him a solid line?

The colts gm is Scott pioli bad

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-30-2016, 05:49 PM

I think it has more to do with their ineptitude of finding/developing talent. If they go out and pay for an offensive line, then they are leaving no dinero left for the defense. When a team is bad on both sides of the ball, it has everything to do with poor drafting +/- coaching.

Pagano is getting fired within the next year, count on it.

Chief Northman
10-30-2016, 05:56 PM
Can't believe there are analysts who think he is in MVP contention. The guy is above average at best. So much hype since he joined the league meanwhile Russell Wilson is already elite.

Russell Wilson has been shit this season.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-30-2016, 05:58 PM
It's definitely on the QB. Brees had half his line out and we sacked him only twice.

oaklandhater
10-30-2016, 06:35 PM
I think it has more to do with their ineptitude of finding/developing talent. If they go out and pay for an offensive line, then they are leaving no dinero left for the defense. When a team is bad on both sides of the ball, it has everything to do with poor drafting +/- coaching.

Pagano is getting fired within the next year, count on it.

I think you will be hard press to find any colts fan that wanted pags or griggs back this year makes no sense the owner gave them another year when the writing was on the wall that the team was bad.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-30-2016, 06:40 PM
Indy's O-line must really be total balls.

CapsLockKey
10-30-2016, 06:58 PM
Luck seems likable, but I hope the Colts destroy him with their continued mismanagement. I'm still pissed they were allowed to tank a season to get him after having Manning forever.

The bad oline is just an excuse. Rodgers played with some epically bad lines himself and was elite. Like Milkman said, some of those sacks are on him.

Gonzo
10-30-2016, 07:04 PM
Bert Jones all over again.

Rasputin
10-30-2016, 07:14 PM

I know he just signed a big big contract so I'm not so much feeling sorry for him. He could have done himself a favor and gave the Colts a discount cap space to upgrade that line. It's still on the GM and owner but Luck got his $$$ I believe.

oaklandhater
10-30-2016, 07:17 PM
I know he just signed a big big contract so I'm not so much feeling sorry for him. He could have done himself a favor and gave the Colts a discount cap space to upgrade that line. It's still on the GM and owner but Luck got his $$$ I believe.

His line was trash when he was on his rookie contract as well what would make him think it would get better they had there chance and they still let him down.