PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Late night bullshit: Random observations about Chiefs/Colts.

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 10:08 PM
Feel free to put this thread on ignore.

Basically, I'm rewatching the game after really enjoying it this afternoon, and dumping random thoughts about parts I may have missed the first time around into this thread.

It's navel-gazing, sure, but some people have enjoyed it in the past.

Simply Red
10-30-2016, 10:09 PM
I will never ignore you - You're a sweet human

RealSNR
10-30-2016, 10:09 PM
Please enter my backup QB thread and give your opinion. Your feedback is appreciated and valued.

O.city
10-30-2016, 10:10 PM
The chiefs basically dominated them the entire game. Chief fuck ups kept it close for a bit, but it wasn't nearly as close as the 2 score finish showed.

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 10:11 PM
One thing I'll say right at the top is that the inactivations sure were interesting.

All three people we picked up off the street a couple days ago were activated: Terrance Mitchell, Kendall Reyes, and the RB from Seattle.

Also interesting: that O'Shaughnessy has surprsassed Ross Travis in-season on the depth chart, and that the Chiefs rolled into this game withou only two active ILBs. Sam Barrington wasn't activated, so if DJ or Wilson went down, I... guess they plug in Zombo or Sorenson at ILB?

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 10:11 PM
Please enter my backup QB thread and give your opinion. Your feedback is appreciated and valued.

:thumbsup:

Halftime.

O.city
10-30-2016, 10:13 PM
One thing I'll say right at the top is that the inactivations sure were interesting.

All three people we picked up off the street a couple days ago were activated: Terrance Mitchell, Kendall Reyes, and the RB from Seattle.

Also interesting: that O'Shaughnessy has surprsassed Ross Travis in-season on the depth chart, and that the Chiefs rolled into this game withou only two active ILBs. Sam Barrington wasn't activated, so if DJ or Wilson went down, I... guess they plug in Zombo or Sorenson at ILB?

Sio moore could slide there I'm guessing.

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 10:14 PM
Interesting how Mathis started out the game testing Fisher.

First few snaps, Fisher swallowed him whole. Later on, he ends up going against Schwartz on one ankle and having way more success.

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 10:14 PM
Sio moore could slide there I'm guessing.

Ah! I forgot about him.

Hoover
10-30-2016, 10:15 PM
1. I think Conlin is the best #2 WR the Chiefs have had in a long, long time.
2. Can't wait to see Houston on this defense. Look out.
3. Ford is legit.
4. Running back injuries suck, but our depth is crazy. West looked great today.
5. Not going to lie, I like what Foles brings to the offense. I like Smith, but the deep ball sure is fun to watch.
6. Refs suck.
7. Our D line is money.
8. Its take some time but Harris is a nice TE, just don't run backwards dumbass.
9. Not sure we miss Sean Smith.
10. Go Cubs!

Chief Northman
10-30-2016, 10:15 PM
So here's a question:

Why weren't more people bitching about the hitch game and multiple throws at the line of scrimmage by Foles after Ware and West periodically got injured? Isn't this a typical accusation of Andy Reid and Alex Smith football? So why no criticism?

Agendas will continue on this board....

Pleased to see Foles come in and play efficiently. Was also impressed by the consistent pressure the front 7 applied as well - arguably the best defensive effort of the year with exception to the Jets game.

Titty Meat
10-30-2016, 10:16 PM
This game really show cased Dorsey's skills at building depth.

Direckshun
Tunnel screen to the far side for Kelce. WRs plowing the way: Maclin taking the legs out of one DB, Conley engaging the other and wiping him off the face of the earth.

A third DB throws himself into Kelce's feet, and does a good job wrapping up, but Kelce does successfully drag him about five yards.

planetdoc

rb brooks is on the practice squad....cant be on the active roster unless he is moved to the 53 first.

notorious
10-30-2016, 10:17 PM
Harris can't catch routine passes but he catches the circus variety.

kc79
Ah! I forgot about him.

DJ Alexander

Direckshun

Absolutely.

The Colts lose Hilton for a chunk of the day and go into a shell as a result.

The Chiefs played a backup QB, a backup RB, a backup LG, a backup DE, a backup ILB and (if you count Ford) a backup OLB. And they hardly lose a step.

Chief Northman
10-30-2016, 10:18 PM

Was thinking the same thing as the game played out. Injuries piling up, but the team still surged ahead.

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 10:19 PM
rb brooks is on the practice squad....cant be on the active roster unless he is moved to the 53 first.

DJ Alexander

Noted! Thanks.

RunKC
10-30-2016, 10:20 PM
I think Poe was the most underrated player today. He was consistently getting in the backfield

O.city
10-30-2016, 10:20 PM
I think Poe was the most underrated player today. He was consistently getting in the backfield

Our dl was beastly today.

Keep it up.

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 10:21 PM
12:59 in the 1st Q, 2nd and 10. The play is a handoff to Tyreek Hill as he bolts to the edge.

The play asks the OL to block downhill and let the near-side DE free. The DE reads the play so well, he's standing exactly where Hill is going to be.

Hill bobs about three yards backwards and just runs around the guy.

I seriously don't know if I've seen a faster guy on the football field.

Titty Meat
10-30-2016, 10:22 PM
Absolutely.

The Colts lose Hilton for a chunk of the day and go into a shell as a result.

The Chiefs played a backup QB, a backup RB, a backup LG, a backup DE, a backup ILB and (if you count Ford) a backup OLB. And they hardly lose a step.

I will say after today I was totally wrong on Ford. He's not a backup my friend that guys legit. Hali goes to the bench when Houston comes back right?

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 10:24 PM
12:25 in the 1st, 3rd and 3.

In a play that takes about twenty minutes to develop, Smith hits Kelce on a drag route. Kelce ran about the entire width of the field on it.

OL held up everywhere -- though Mathis had beaten Fisher off the edge, Ware stopped him dead in his tracks with a chip shot.

Maybe Fisher was corralling him into the chip block. I don't know.

Bob Dole
10-30-2016, 10:24 PM

He whiffed bad on his one play at fullback, though.

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 10:25 PM
I will say after today I was totally wrong on Ford. He's not a backup my friend that guys legit. Hali goes to the bench when Houston comes back right?

No question. And Hali probably is enthusiastic about that arrangement -- less punishment on his knees.

Of course, you can expect Sutton to shoehorn all three of them onto the field for special passrushing packages from time to time.

RunKC
10-30-2016, 10:27 PM
The rookie class is showing good signs. We already agree that Jones and Hill are really good and White flashed, but Ehinger has not struggled at all like I thought he would (when he's played) and Nicolas had a tipped pass and damn near sack that should have been called holding.

It's nice having backups flash and show that potential as rookies

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 10:28 PM
First play with Foles on the field is a run up the A gap with Ware, gain of about 7.

Ehinger makes the play happen by wiping the NT out of the hemisphere. Ware goes about five yards before he's touched.

O.city
10-30-2016, 10:28 PM
Ehinger just have a knee sprain?

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 10:31 PM
Robert Mathis is a borderline Hall of Famer in my opinion. Guy has been very good for a very long time.

Foles' first pass is an incomplete shot to the end zone, and he gets plastered by an unblocked blitzer.

Even if the blitzer never came, Mathis has bent the corner on Fisher, who is riding him all the way to Foles' lap.

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 10:32 PM
Ehinger just have a knee sprain?

According to Terez, he left the locker room on crutches.

Yikes.

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 10:34 PM
The first Colts play of the game -- a Luck rollout that ends in a great Marcus Peters deflection -- largely went nowhere because the intended target was locked down by Steven Nelson, who played his ass off today.

Simply Red
10-30-2016, 10:35 PM

I'll get there in a minute bud!

Chief Northman
10-30-2016, 10:39 PM
The first Colts play of the game -- a Luck rollout that ends in a great Marcus Peters deflection -- largely went nowhere because the intended target was locked down by Steven Nelson, who played his ass off today.

Yes Nelson between Peters and Gaines is ideal - he is such a great tackling db, and his coverage range is improving.

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 10:39 PM
10:09 in the 1st, Hali gets Greco'd by Castonzo, and a huge play to Hilton is called back.

Hilton is just a lousy matchup for Peters. Just way too fast,

He runs a shallow drag route and torches Peters all the way across the field.

When the play extends, he turns on a dime and darts back towards the hash marks. Peters has overcommitted to the sideline and by the time he flips his hips to change directly, Hilton's hauling the ball in and is already past him.

Peters grabs the towel off his waist. That's literally the best he could do.

Jewish Rabbi
10-30-2016, 10:40 PM
So here's a question:

Why weren't more people bitching about the hitch game and multiple throws at the line of scrimmage by Foles after Ware and West periodically got injured? Isn't this a typical accusation of Andy Reid and Alex Smith football? So why no criticism?

Agendas will continue on this board....

Pleased to see Foles come in and play efficiently. Was also impressed by the consistent pressure the front 7 applied as well - arguably the best defensive effort of the year with exception to the Jets game.

My thing is that Foles is willing to take the shots down field to keep the defense honest. Alex gets too predictable with short passes every single play and makes the offense one dimensional. I don't have a problem with the short passes, but they can't be 95% of your offense.

NJChiefsFan
10-30-2016, 10:44 PM
Harris can't catch routine passes but he catches the circus variety.

My Directv glitched out for 10 seconds during that play. Never saw it. I like Harris but he needs to stop dropping passes like that. Or fumbling. Did once and almost a second with that ridiculous screen pass where he tried running backwards.

Bob Dole
10-30-2016, 10:45 PM
Hilton is just a lousy matchup for Peters. Just way too fast,

1 catch for 20 yards on the day. How is that a lousy matchup?

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 10:45 PM
8:54 -- 1st and 10 Chiefs, first play of the drive.

They try Ware off left tackle, but it gets bottled up.

Two blockers choke on their assignments: Sherman got stood up by his assignment, who was able to bottle up the whole, and Morse gets steamrolled by a DL.

Ehinger blowing up some fool at the second level, though. Guy is a surprisingly nimble downfield blocker.

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 10:49 PM
The 2nd and 9 immediately after that is a play so shockingly stupid by Demetrius Harris I can barely fathom it.

Foles is in the shotgun, looks to pass the ball. Harris is hanging around behind the line of scrimmage. Blockers are already downfield plowing the way for him. It's clear this was a designed screen.

Harris catches the ball and instead runs away from the play, dancing around behind the line of scrimmage and almost fumbles it when he's tackled for a loss.

He's a fucking 6'7" tight end. How many defenders does he think he's going to juke?

Dante84
10-30-2016, 10:50 PM
Ramik Wilson has been quiet, but I think that's a good thing. He's doing his job after getting a second chance.

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 10:51 PM
On 3rd and 13, Foles never really had much of a chance, but any chance he had evaporated when Ehinger got totally embarrassed by a DL's spin move.

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 10:52 PM
Ramik Wilson has been quiet, but I think that's a good thing. He's doing his job after getting a second chance.

Led the team in tackles last week.

This week was a DJ week. But a great re-pick-me-up by Dorsey.

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 10:53 PM
Demarcus Robinson is a pretty good gunner.

Gunning well got Conley playing time. So who knows.

Direckshun
10-30-2016, 10:55 PM
On the Frank Gore fumble, he likely wasn't going anywhere anyway. That play was bottled up.

Ramik Wilson hit the gap and was putting the play down by the time the ball came out.

Bowser
10-30-2016, 11:04 PM
Demetrius Harris needs to be demoted, if not sat for a week. He had a nice third down grab today, but that was it. Guy can't read blocks and has a bad case of stone hands at the wrong times.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-30-2016, 11:37 PM
The 2nd and 9 immediately after that is a play so shockingly stupid by Demetrius Harris I can barely fathom it.

Foles is in the shotgun, looks to pass the ball. Harris is hanging around behind the line of scrimmage. Blockers are already downfield plowing the way for him. It's clear this was a designed screen.

Harris catches the ball and instead runs away from the play, dancing around behind the line of scrimmage and almost fumbles it when he's tackled for a loss.

He's a ****ing 6'7" tight end. How many defenders does he think he's going to juke?

Harris is a waste of a roster spot and I've been saying this for three years now.

Simply Red
10-31-2016, 12:08 AM
Harris is a waste of a roster spot and I've been saying this for three years now.

is Ross Travis half white half black?

Buehler445
10-31-2016, 01:14 AM

He's a fucking 6'7" tight end. How many defenders does he think he's going to juke?

Have you ever played pickup ball? Everybody that plays basketball thinks they are 1993 Jordan.

Buehler445
10-31-2016, 01:15 AM
Jones is pretty much win-win in GoT.

Fools try. Then get dead.

Chromatic
10-31-2016, 01:22 AM
12:59 in the 1st Q, 2nd and 10. The play is a handoff to Tyreek Hill as he bolts to the edge.

The play asks the OL to block downhill and let the near-side DE free. The DE reads the play so well, he's standing exactly where Hill is going to be.

Hill bobs about three yards backwards and just runs around the guy.

I seriously don't know if I've seen a faster guy on the football field.

He's seriously amazing. Finally a "gadget" player who is working out wonderfully.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/SWvic"><a href="//imgur.com/SWvic"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/RrtfS"><a href="//imgur.com/RrtfS"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

scho63
10-31-2016, 04:49 AM
1. I think Conlin is the best #2 WR the Chiefs have had in a long, long time.
2. Can't wait to see Houston on this defense. Look out.
3. Ford is legit.
4. Running back injuries suck, but our depth is crazy. West looked great today.
5. Not going to lie, I like what Foles brings to the offense. I like Smith, but the deep ball sure is fun to watch.
6. Refs suck.
7. Our D line is money.
8. Its take some time but Harris is a nice TE, just don't run backwards dumbass.
9. Not sure we miss Sean Smith.
10. Go Cubs!

I think you mean Conley.

Tyreek Hill may disagree with you. That guy just makes catches.

To have Conley, Maclin, Kelce, Hill, and Ware coming out of the backfield is some strong shit! :clap:

scho63
10-31-2016, 04:54 AM
Demetrius Harris needs to be demoted, if not sat for a week. He had a nice third down grab today, but that was it. Guy can't read blocks and has a bad case of stone hands at the wrong times.

This for sure /\