PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Your Chiefs NFL Power Ranking

DaFace
11-01-2016, 09:21 AM
I was perusing the internets today and came across this article (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/11/1/13486064/nfl-power-rankings-kansas-city-chiefs-slide-into-the-top-5) (no peeking until after you've voted) summarizing the Chiefs' power ranking across a variety of media. I won't give anything away, but the results were surprising to me.

So...where would you rank the Chiefs right now? After you've voted, you're welcome to cheat and see where various places are putting us.

In58men
11-01-2016, 09:22 AM
I will say 8th

KC_Lee
11-01-2016, 09:23 AM
6th.

Reerun_KC
11-01-2016, 09:23 AM
7th?

Best22
11-01-2016, 09:24 AM
Top 7. Ahead of the Raiders, Falcons,Vikings, Eagles, packers, and Seahawks
Anyone who puts Minnesota, Oakland, or Atlanta ahead of us is a fool

DJ's left nut
11-01-2016, 09:28 AM
I was perusing the internets today and came across this article (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/11/1/13486064/nfl-power-rankings-kansas-city-chiefs-slide-into-the-top-5) (no peeking until after you've voted) summarizing the Chiefs' power ranking across a variety of media. I won't give anything away, but the results were surprising to me.

So...where would you rank the Chiefs right now? After you've voted, you're welcome to cheat and see where various places are putting us.

Man...I have a hard time putting them outside the top 5 when I really start to think about it.

The Pats are the no question #1 and then I think you can actually make an argument for the Chiefs as high as 2. It's not where I'd put them, but I think you could defend it if you did.

Pats
Cowboys (can't argue with the record and win streak)
Chiefs
Seahawks
Raiders
Broncos
Steelers
Vikings
Falcons
Packers
Texans
Chaff

It's a little homerish and I know it puts them ahead of a team that's technically ahead of us in the standings but we beat said team in their own barn.

The Seahawks have a nice record but they're not winning anything with that OL. The Steelers and Texans both smoked us so you could argue for them ahead of us but the Steelers have also shit the bed a couple of times and are behind us in record. The Texans....man, I just don't buy them at all. The Chiefs were flat and had a shit gameplan and still could've won that game with a little luck and/or Maclin not dropping the ball all the time. And the Broncos are a completely different team with Semien at the helm so perhaps I'm not giving them enough credit. I could be convinced to move them up a bit as well.

Really, I'd have a hard time getting too bent out of shape if they were put anywhere from 3-7 but if you go beyond that, I don't think you're being terribly fair.

Simply Red
11-01-2016, 09:28 AM
Top 7. Ahead of the Raiders, Falcons,Vikings, Eagles, packers, and Seahawks
Anyone who puts Minnesota, Oakland, or Atlanta ahead of us is a fool

I didn't! We're #1!!!

C3HIEF3S
11-01-2016, 09:35 AM
Anywhere between 5-10. Looking good lately, wish I would've been able to watch the last two games.

Rain Man
11-01-2016, 09:51 AM
I expected them to be ranked 8th. I would rank them higher, but that was my expectation for outsiders.

DaFace
11-01-2016, 09:54 AM
I personally would have put them around #10 or so. When I actually sit down and look at the list of teams, it's clear that's too low, but I still feel like we have a lot of weaknesses.

But I suppose it's tough to really put together a team that doesn't have a weakness here and there.

DJ's left nut
11-01-2016, 10:00 AM
I personally would have put them around #10 or so. When I actually sit down and look at the list of teams, it's clear that's too low, but I still feel like we have a lot of weaknesses.

But I suppose it's tough to really put together a team that doesn't have a weakness here and there.

Yeah, my first reaction was 'eh...8?' until I started really looking at who I'd have to put them behind.

The Falcons? Vikings? Seahawks? I mean I could, but all 3 of those teams have glaring flaws that the Chiefs could easily exploit. I still think I may have undersold the Broncos a bit but with their RBs dropping like flies, I just don't know how they keep it up with Semien. It's hard to wash off the stink of that Steelers loss but those things happen pretty much every year. We boat-raced the Patriots the year they won the SB...sometimes you just don't have it.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-01-2016, 10:00 AM
4th. Definitely the best in the division

Chiefnj2
11-01-2016, 10:02 AM
You have the Pats and then a huge drop off to the second tier of Cowboys, Broncos, Vikings, Chiefs, Steelers, Bengals, Falcons and maybe the Eagles and Raiders. Any given Sunday for the second tier. Some teams match up better against others.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-01-2016, 10:02 AM
They are 15-2 in the last 17. That's prittay prittay prittay good. Definitely a top 3-5 team right now. Getting Houston would be the best addition to any team in the league in the 2nd half as well.

DaneMcCloud
11-01-2016, 10:12 AM
1. Patriots
2. Cowboys
3. Broncos
4. Chiefs

The Chiefs-Broncos matchup on November 27 could determine Home Field.

DaneMcCloud
11-01-2016, 10:15 AM
You have the Pats and then a huge drop off to the second tier of Cowboys, Broncos, Vikings, Chiefs, Steelers, Bengals, Falcons and maybe the Eagles and Raiders. Any given Sunday for the second tier. Some teams match up better against others.

The Vikings, Steelers and Bengals are no longer in the equation. The Vikings have been ravaged by injuries and were destroyed by a horrible Bears team last night. The Steelers are besieged by injuries and the Bengals are the Bengals, except worse this year.

The Eagles will fade. They're too young and their head coach too inexperienced. Dan Quinn hasn't coached a team beyond 8-8 although the South is soft this season (again) so he may get to 10-6 but that doesn't make them a good team. The Raiders are feasting on bottom feeders and haven't beat a team with a winning record. The fucking Tampa Bay Bucs took them to OT this past weekend, which is damning in and of itself.

DJ's left nut
11-01-2016, 10:20 AM
Merril Hodge actually had some really nice things to say about KC yesterday on the radio.

Essentially said that most of the recent championship squads have been good all around teams and that when you look around the league, there are few teams as well rounded as KC is. They don't do their best thing as well as some teams do their best thing, but he sees them as above average in every facet of the game.

Seemed like a pretty evenhanded analysis. It really is hard to point to anything the Chiefs do poorly.

DaneMcCloud
11-01-2016, 10:29 AM
It really is hard to point to anything the Chiefs do poorly.

Also, the schedule is setting up to be very favorable for them, which is important considering the Broncos and Raiders are both 6-2 and the Patriots are 7-1. For the Chiefs to win Home Field, I think they'll need to be at least 8-1 down the stretch.

As Mellinger has pointed out, the return of Justin Houston will be the biggest in season acquisition in the entire NFL if he can return to form quickly. If the Chiefs can continue to win during his absence, it could be like hitting the NOS switch in a drag race.

O.city
11-01-2016, 10:35 AM
Merril Hodge actually had some really nice things to say about KC yesterday on the radio.

Essentially said that most of the recent championship squads have been good all around teams and that when you look around the league, there are few teams as well rounded as KC is. They don't do their best thing as well as some teams do their best thing, but he sees them as above average in every facet of the game.

Seemed like a pretty evenhanded analysis. It really is hard to point to anything the Chiefs do poorly.

It just sucks looking at the buzz saw sitting in the upper northeast. I don't see anyway the chiefs get to the end with only 2 losses and I'm not sure the pats lose another one, unless injuries hit.

So we need to get the offense humming along and get all hands on deck with the defense because if they end up winning the division and make it thru the playoffs, it's gonna be damn tough to win there.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-01-2016, 10:41 AM
Remember when everyone was yelling at flop, Dane and myself after week 4 for saying that everything was fine...

lcarus
11-01-2016, 10:41 AM
With a healthy Justin Houston (and maybe Jamaal Charles) I could make a case for 2nd or 3rd best team in the league. New England is #1 of course, and after that you have Minnesota, Dallas, Denver, Oakland, and Seattle. I think we're better than most of those teams. The Vikings will likely go down. Oakland we beat. Dallas could have a QB controversy brewing. Seattle is sputtering along. The Donks are the defending champs and always tough at home so until we beat them and surpass them in the standings it's tough to say we are better than them at the present time.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-01-2016, 10:43 AM
Also, the schedule is setting up to be very favorable for them, which is important considering the Broncos and Raiders are both 6-2 and the Patriots are 7-1. For the Chiefs to win Home Field, I think they'll need to be at least 8-1 down the stretch.

As Mellinger has pointed out, the return of Justin Houston will be the biggest in season acquisition in the entire NFL if he can return to form quickly. If the Chiefs can continue to win during his absence, it could be like hitting the NOS switch in a drag race.

Before the season started I was saying this would be a great way for our young defenders to develop quickly. The return of Houston will be monumental. Sorensen, Gaines, Nelson, White, Jones are going to have more opportunities come their way.

KC Hawks
11-01-2016, 10:52 AM
ESPN has the Chiefs at 11...lulz

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17931127/nfl-2016-week-9-power-rankings-new-england-patriots-dallas-cowboys-denver-broncos

Best22
11-01-2016, 11:07 AM
ESPN moved us down due to "injuries". Meanwhile GB is top ten after another loss. Oakland (who we crushed) and Minnesota are supposedly better as well.
Lmao

They don't realize we have won MANY games with key injuries because they hardly even notice anything we do. They'd rather hype up a 6,000 yard passing season by a QB on an 8-8 team. Or talk about a 3-11 Eagles team...smh

Reerun_KC
11-01-2016, 11:36 AM
ESPN moved us down due to "injuries". Meanwhile GB is top ten after another loss. Oakland (who we crushed) and Minnesota are supposedly better as well.
Lmao

They don't realize we have won MANY games with key injuries because they hardly even notice anything we do. They'd rather hype up a 6,000 yard passing season by a QB on an 8-8 team. Or talk about a 3-11 Eagles team...smh

We will get the respect everyone thinks we should be receiving soon.

Just keep the course.

carcosa
11-01-2016, 11:39 AM
Lmao

ESPN is fucking TRASH!!!!!!!!!!

Reerun_KC
11-01-2016, 11:43 AM
ESPN is ****ing TRASH!!!!!!!!!!

Their goal is to drive viewers with sexy stats, super star names and historically great teams...

KC doesn't drive viewers to ESPN...

No biggie nobody in the Midwest cares what ESPN says anyway...

Amnorix
11-01-2016, 12:01 PM
It just sucks looking at the buzz saw sitting in the upper northeast. I don't see anyway the chiefs get to the end with only 2 losses and I'm not sure the pats lose another one, unless injuries hit.

So we need to get the offense humming along and get all hands on deck with the defense because if they end up winning the division and make it thru the playoffs, it's gonna be damn tough to win there.

Seattle at home (likely win, though tough game) and Denver, in Denver, on Sunday night after playing in what is usually a tough, physical game against the Ravens on MONDAY night, are the two likeliest losses. Some chance of losing to Miami in Miami. They always give us trouble down there, even when they aren't terribly good.

That Denver game is worrisome, especially being on the road coming off a short week.

But yeah, 14-2 +/- one game is what it's looking like. Most likely 14-2.

Amnorix
11-01-2016, 12:02 PM
Regarding the Chiefs, I'd put them in the top five just because they're actually pretty balanced. That's sorta rare in the NFL these days.

jjchieffan
11-01-2016, 12:02 PM
I see we have a vote for perfectly mediocre. Which of our drooling idiots do you suppose that is? Dumb****daddy? Clay? Dagnabit? Inmem58? This should have been a public poll. I went with 4.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2016, 12:05 PM
We were 12th in DVOA last week. I'd say that's about right. Lower-end playoff team.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff

DaFace
11-01-2016, 12:08 PM
I see we have a vote for perfectly mediocre. Which of our drooling idiots do you suppose that is? Dumb****daddy? Clay? Dagnabit? Inmem58? This should have been a public poll. I went with 4.
Which drooling idiot doesn't realize that it IS a public poll? [emoji14]

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-01-2016, 12:17 PM

He earned my respect the year ESPN was trying to hype up Manziel and he just flat out told everyone they were idiots and was so certain i bet he would have put his life savings on it

Dartgod
11-01-2016, 12:21 PM

It is a public poll.

Quesadilla Joe registered the perfectly mediocre vote.

That dipshit Clay voted us #32.

KChiefs1
11-01-2016, 12:26 PM
Super Bowl path goes through New England.

Yuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In58men
11-01-2016, 12:51 PM
wbf

BlackHelicopters
11-01-2016, 12:58 PM
16th

MMXcalibur
11-01-2016, 01:18 PM
6th

Could reasonably drop them down to 8th, maybe 9th with good justification for other teams ahead of them.

Certainly not 11th like ESPN has them, well behind the Raiders (for some unknown goddamn reason).

...I know, "power rankings".

ClevelandBronco
11-01-2016, 01:43 PM
Broncos are overrated most places. Raiders are overrated. Chiefs are underrated.

5 and they might be better than that. We'll have to see what's up with the injuries/non-injuries.

Reerun_KC
11-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Here is something you BCS hosers can whack it too...

NFL mobile

jjchieffan
11-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Which drooling idiot doesn't realize that it IS a public poll? [emoji14]

It is a public poll.

Quesadilla Joe registered the perfectly mediocre vote.

That dipshit Clay voted us #32.

Weird. It's not showing up public to me.

rockymtnchief
11-01-2016, 08:06 PM
Weird. It's not showing up public to me.

Click on one of the numbers in the votes column. It will show who voted.

threebag
11-01-2016, 08:22 PM
Surprise Surprise, Troll shit with a vote for worse team in the league.

Shaid
11-01-2016, 09:00 PM
I was thinking 8 but looking at the list of teams, maybe 6th. I still think the Broncos will be a tough game for us and we are still very flaky on offense. If our O operated like it did in preseason, I'd bump us up considerably.

KChiefs1
11-01-2016, 09:07 PM
NFLN had them #4 & Rich Eisen had them #5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Direckshun
11-01-2016, 09:09 PM
I'd probably put the Pats, the Seahawks, the Steelers, and the Cowboys above us.

I'd put us on par with the Packers, the Broncos, and the Falcons on par with us.

We should beat the Texans, the Panthers, the Cardinals, the Bengals, and the Raiders most days.

BossChief
11-01-2016, 09:21 PM
I voted 6th and I think that's a fair ranking AFTER finding out Jamaal Charles went on IR and we haven't seen Houston yet.

If Houston is back to his old self, this team is inarguably top 3-4..an argument could be made that KC is the second best team in football after New England.

Gotta fight to try and win HFA so we don't have to go to NE in the postseason.

BossChief
11-01-2016, 09:24 PM
Pats
Steelers (considering them with Rothlisberger the rest of the year...injuries are a myth for the rapist.)
Falcons
Packers
Cowboys