PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Word from Jax

MahiMike
11-03-2016, 07:18 PM
Tonight on the Gus Bradley show, he was asked who he's worried about on defense. He mentioned Derrick Johnson is much like his own telvin smith. Then he spoke of the need to double team dontari poe. But the player he was most scared of?

Dee Ford.

jjchieffan
11-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Nice. He's certainly coming along. He's 5th in the league in sacks now. Just 1 sack behind VonDouchebag and 1.5 behind sack leader Lorenzo Alexander. I don't expect him to take the league, but can you imagine the butthurt from Dungver fans if Dee Ford overtake VonDouchebag? Even for a week. LMAO. Hey OctoberFart. Where is your guy? I forget his name. Muck or something like that? I know you've been talking smack on Ford for a while. But he's outplaying your team's star passrusher so far. LMAO

Red Dawg
11-03-2016, 07:33 PM
Scared of Ford? What year is it? How long was I asleep.

Deberg_1990
11-03-2016, 07:35 PM
Ford + Houston should be dynamite in a few weeks!

jspchief
11-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Well, it's Gus Bradley.

threebag
11-03-2016, 07:39 PM
Dee Ford has definitely been coming on. Glad he is making an impact for us.

Rasputin
11-03-2016, 07:40 PM
We're gonna kick the hell out of you You YOU YOU YOU

Rasputin
11-03-2016, 07:41 PM

The Cubs won the World Series

jjchieffan
11-03-2016, 07:54 PM

I'm not aure. But you've been posting like you're braindead since 2002. Maybe you were just comatose. We'll soon see if you actual start posting like you have a brain.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-03-2016, 07:55 PM

It will be epic

patteeu
11-03-2016, 07:57 PM
Andy Reid said that Jacksonville was a good football team. Sometimes I'm not sure I believe what these coaches say.

threebag
11-03-2016, 08:04 PM
I'm not aure. But you've been posting like you're braindead since 2002. Maybe you were just comatose. We'll soon see if you actual start posting like you have a brain.

http://img01.deviantart.net/ff52/i/2016/155/5/7/the_scarecrow___the_wizard_of_oz___ray_bolger_by_tomatosoup13-d9ypfug.jpg

jjchieffan
11-03-2016, 08:04 PM
http://img01.deviantart.net/ff52/i/2016/155/5/7/the_scarecrow___the_wizard_of_oz___ray_bolger_by_tomatosoup13-d9ypfug.jpg

LMAO

Titty Meat
11-03-2016, 09:04 PM
Gus Bradley is getting fired who cares?

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2016, 09:07 PM
Well, it's Gus Bradley.

Yeah, Dee Ford doesn't have 7 sacks in 7 games.

He's a bust and you're a toothless savant.

splatbass
11-03-2016, 09:52 PM

Do you even watch the games?

ThaVirus
11-03-2016, 10:04 PM

LOL

OK, this was pretty funny.

Simply Red
11-03-2016, 10:35 PM
Nice. He's certainly coming along. He's 5th in the league in sacks now. Just 1 sack behind VonDouchebag and 1.5 behind sack leader Lorenzo Alexander. I don't expect him to take the league, but can you imagine the butthurt from Dungver fans if Dee Ford overtake VonDouchebag? Even for a week. LMAO. Hey OctoberFart. Where is your guy? I forget his name. Muck or something like that? I know you've been talking smack on Ford for a while. But he's outplaying your team's star passrusher so far. LMAO

He's NOwhere to be found. ROFL

MotherfuckerJones
11-03-2016, 10:39 PM
Yeah, Dee Ford doesn't have 7 sacks in 7 games.

He's a bust and you're a toothless savant.

And he's had at least two sacks taken away IIRC. One against NO and the other may have been last week. I can't remember the other I am thinking of.

Gonzo
11-03-2016, 11:01 PM
Even though he did get a few vs a shitty Indy line, he's certainly playing so much better now. I wonder what happened really. Did he lose some lbs? He's always had that monster first step or two.
Hopefully he keeps it up and Houston can come in and perform at his old level again. If that happens, watch the fuck out.

Simply Red
11-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Even though he did get a few vs a shitty Indy line, he's certainly playing so much better now. I wonder what happened really. Did he lose some lbs? He's always had that monster first step or two.
Hopefully he keeps it up and Houston can come in and perform at his old level again. If that happens, watch the **** out.

Now THIS I can fap to.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-04-2016, 04:39 AM
Hopefully he keeps it up and Houston can come in and perform at his old level again. If that happens, watch the fuck out.

Experience. Reacting more than thinking to much on the field. He's improved against the run and in coverage with that great pass rush. He's seriously on a pro bowl pace.

Hydrae
11-04-2016, 04:56 AM
Experience. Reacting more than thinking to much on the field. He's improved against the run and in coverage with that great pass rush. He's seriously on a pro bowl pace.

The game finally slowed down for him most likely.

BossChief
11-04-2016, 05:46 AM
He faces another weak OL of Jacksonville. Probably results in another multi sack game.

jspchief
11-04-2016, 06:01 AM
I was happy to see him using something other than just a speed rush last week. Looks like he may finally be growing as a player.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-04-2016, 06:05 AM
He faces another weak OL of Jacksonville. Probably results in another multi sack game.

I'm predicting a breakout multi sacker for Tamba as the focus shifts to Dee

rico
11-04-2016, 07:09 AM
I remember when the media treated him like he was crazy when he stated at the combine that he felt he was every bit of good of a prospect as Jadeveon Clowney.

Lzen
11-04-2016, 07:12 AM
Andy Reid said that Jacksonville was a good football team. Sometimes I'm not sure I believe what these coaches say.

Coachspeak and any given Sunday in the NFL. We should beat them by at least a couple of scores. But nobody is discounting the possibility of a game like Chicago last year. Well, almost nobody.

BlackHelicopters
11-04-2016, 07:18 AM

Houston is not playing this season.

BleedingRed
11-04-2016, 08:43 AM
I always thought he just needed playing time, I cant wait to see him a Houston on field same time with Hali spelling them

DJ's left nut
11-04-2016, 09:00 AM

He's a kid. Oh, and he's a kid that never played the position before.

They let him play and he learned.

It's not that hard to figure out. When you have the physical tools he has and the motor he showed even when he was struggling, you're going to come onto some sort of success in this league.

The kid isn't a malcontent. He's immature but he's not lazy.

Folks are just way too fast to shit on people around here, especially first round picks.

BossChief
11-04-2016, 09:12 AM
My first post about Dee Ford in February before the draft...There will be a better DL than Hagemen on the board when we pick.

I think that with the age of Tamba, Dee Ford would be a good pick. He can be a difference making pass rusher and is very good dropping into coverage.

Still think Ansah would have been a great pick last year, though.

It's nice to start seeing the kid turn the corner in his career right in front of us.

By years end, this pass rush has a chance to be in straight up god mode if the old Houston returns and Ford continues to improve every game...along with Chris Jones emerging as a star and these CBs forcing the QBs to hold the ball.

Coochie liquor
11-04-2016, 09:38 AM
Houston is not playing this season.

Shut your filthy whore mouth.

carcosa
11-04-2016, 09:55 AM
Dee-fensive Player of the YEar!!!

Mosbonian
11-04-2016, 10:03 AM
Listened to the show last night and the program before it. Bradley is just the dead coach walking now.

And none of the local sports talks show hosts are picking the Jags.

Titty Meat
11-04-2016, 11:15 AM
He's a kid. Oh, and he's a kid that never played the position before.

They let him play and he learned.

It's not that hard to figure out. When you have the physical tools he has and the motor he showed even when he was struggling, you're going to come onto some sort of success in this league.

The kid isn't a malcontent. He's immature but he's not lazy.

Folks are just way too fast to shit on people around here, especially first round picks.

Eric Fisher is still kinda meh tho

DJ's left nut
11-04-2016, 11:28 AM
Eric Fisher is still kinda meh tho

Yeah, but 'meh' starting LTs pretty much cost $9 million/season on the market. And he's 'meh' with an up arrow.

That being said, by most available metrics, he's no worse than a top 10 LT these days. He's not amazing but I think you're underselling him. The kid's no worse than a good football player and he's ours for a very long time.

I think we'll be happy to have him for the duration.

NJChiefsFan
11-04-2016, 07:07 PM
While looking at the actual plays and players matter, I think we are dissecting Ford's sacks too much. Mack had 4 sacks his first season, and 1/3 of his sacks last year came in 1 single game. Nobody picks it apart like that and they shouldn't. My point isn't that Ford=Mack.

My point is that we may be getting a little too in depth on figuring out what Ford is and losing some perspective. Not every players progression is a positive, linear slope.

OnTheWarpath15
11-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Well, it's Gus Bradley.

ROFL

Anyong Bluth
11-05-2016, 01:42 AM
The flip flop on Dee around here is some Shannon Miller meets Mitt Romney level mental gymnastics.

Anyong Bluth
11-05-2016, 01:54 AM
While looking at the actual plays and players matter, I think we are dissecting Ford's sacks too much. Mack had 4 sacks his first season, and 1/3 of his sacks last year came in 1 single game. Nobody picks it apart like that and they shouldn't. My point isn't that Ford=Mack.

My point is that we may be getting a little too in depth on figuring out what Ford is and losing some perspective. Not every players progression is a positive, linear slope.
That's because even top sack numbers guys are feast or famine. HoF guys in the elite stratosphere can get it done week in and week out, but even then NOBODY averages 16 sacks a season.

In fact, only 62 players have ever had at least 1 sack in all 16 regular season games. KC has 2 of them. One in 1990 & 2014.

People who chalk sack totals up and dismiss getting them against "only" crap lines for guys with double digit sack numbers are idiots.

Rasputin
11-05-2016, 06:05 PM
So anyone else heard the word?

KChiefs1
11-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Tonight on the Gus Bradley show, he was asked who he's worried about on defense. He mentioned Derrick Johnson is much like his own telvin smith. Then he spoke of the need to double team dontari poe. But the player he was most scared of?

Dee Ford.

Willie McGinest did a whole segment on NFLN about 55.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzz
11-05-2016, 08:02 PM
Ford heard the criticism and is stepping up, it did take awhile.

Rasputin
11-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Ford heard the criticism and is stepping up, it did take awhile.

So your saying Ford has heard the word?