PDA

View Full Version : Football Richard Sherman rips the NFL for 15 minutes straight

DaFace
11-03-2016, 10:25 PM
If you've got 15 minutes, this press conference is worth the watch. He pretty much voices many of the criticisms fans have been saying these past few years as well:

Officiating seems to be inconsistent at best and biased at worst. He suggests that the issue is that the rules are too complicated and that simplifying the rule book would help the refs because they wouldn't have to be concentrating on so many things at once.
There are way too many different ways for the offense to succeed that aren't related to execution (defensive holding, illegal contact, pass interference, some sort of roughing penalty, etc.). He says that there are receivers who intentionally try and draw flags when they can't get open (not that that's a huge surprise).
Though he acknowledges that owners have to protect their "investments" in big-name QB's, he clearly hates the roughing the QB rules. And more generally, he points to how much more exciting the game was back when defenses could really destroy guys. (It's pretty clear he's on defense here.)
He mentions that the players just aren't allowed to have fun anymore and that the personal fouls are ridiculous.

http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/11/03/richard-sherman-week-9-press-conference

None of these are new ideas, but it's definitely interesting coming from the mouth of a big-name player.

Buck
11-03-2016, 10:32 PM
Did he admit his PI against Julio Jones when he said officiating is inconsistent?

chiefzilla1501
11-03-2016, 10:37 PM
Will definitely give a listen. Goodells insistence on introducing so much subjectivity to things that have zero impact on fairness is ridiculous. Holding gives a team an advantage. A player taunting another gives virtually no advantage. Games being impacted by these types of things is so ridiculous.

Buehler445
11-03-2016, 10:38 PM
I'm not sure he'd be singing the same tune if he had got his jaw broke on a crack back block by Hines Ward.

Seriously, this bitch lost all respect from me when he whined about his knees hurting and nobody cared. My knees hurt at work too. But I don't have any million dollar game checks laying around.

Fuck this douche.

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2016, 10:54 PM
Richard Sherman is a badass human.

And a pretty goddamn good NFL CB.

Baby Lee
11-03-2016, 10:54 PM
singing the same tune

a crack back black

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff331/mossomo/thats-racist.gif

PAChiefsGuy
11-03-2016, 10:57 PM
I might not like the guy but I agree 100% with what he said. Two examples: The Ware "fumble," against the Jets and Kelces catch that got called back last week. Both were absolutely ridiculous calls.

And fining the players absurd amounts of money for hard hits, not letting them hit the QB and other BS is also stupid and probably a major reason why the ratings are way down.

Like the guy or not he's obviously not dumb and I think he made a lot of good points.

Buehler445
11-03-2016, 11:12 PM
http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff331/mossomo/thats-racist.gif

!!!!

Fucking autocorrect. Fixed it.

Gadzooks
11-03-2016, 11:35 PM
!!!!

Fucking autocorrect. Fixed it.

Why does your autocorrect assume what you meant was racist?:hmmm:
:)

Psyko Tek
11-03-2016, 11:37 PM

He lives in Kansas....

Buehler445
11-03-2016, 11:37 PM

I've got that white version of the I phone 5s.

It's old and white. What can I say? :D

WhiteWhale
11-04-2016, 12:28 AM
If Richard Sherman was a chief, he'd be my favorite player in the league.

Not because of this, but this is consistent with why I say it.

-King-
11-04-2016, 12:29 AM
I'm not sure he'd be singing the same tune if he had got his jaw broke on a crack back block by Hines Ward.

Seriously, this bitch lost all respect from me when he whined about his knees hurting and nobody cared. My knees hurt at work too. But I don't have any million dollar game checks laying around.

Fuck this douche.

Yeah! Football players can't talk about pain or any other football issues because Buehler is in pain too!
Posted via Mobile Device

Baby Lee
11-04-2016, 12:38 AM

There is indeed little not to like about Sherman. Skilled, dedicated, smart, charitable, . . . he's even entertaining, even when he's angry. I guess the term is charismatic.

WhiteWhale
11-04-2016, 12:47 AM
There is indeed little not to like about Sherman. Skilled, dedicated, smart, charitable, . . . he's even entertaining, even when he's angry. I guess the term is charismatic.

Don't forget that unshakeable confidence.

He's a laundry list of admirable character traits.

chiefzilla1501
11-04-2016, 01:37 AM
I might not like the guy but I agree 100% with what he said. Two examples: The Ware "fumble," against the Jets and Kelces catch that got called back last week. Both were absolutely ridiculous calls.

And fining the players absurd amounts of money for hard hits, not letting them hit the QB and other BS is also stupid and probably a major reason why the ratings are way down.

Like the guy or not he's obviously not dumb and I think he made a lot of good points.

I don't have as much an issue on enforcing hard hits. Football is only fun if the best players are on the field. Ratings aren't dropping because players aren't hitting much. If anything, they're dropping because superstars can't stay on the field and many are retiring early. The arbitrary punishments need to stop. But player safety is a critical issue for the nfl

-King-
11-04-2016, 02:44 AM
I don't have as much an issue on enforcing hard hits. Football is only fun if the best players are on the field. Ratings aren't dropping because players aren't hitting much. If anything, they're dropping because superstars can't stay on the field and many are retiring early. The arbitrary punishments need to stop. But player safety is a critical issue for the nfl

"Many" superstar players retiring early is an overstatement. Other than Calvin Johnson and Patrick Willis, which other superstar has retired early? Lynch maybe but he was nearing the twilight of his career and would probably not be seen as a superstar in the coming years.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
11-04-2016, 03:35 AM
"Many" superstar players retiring early is an overstatement. Other than Calvin Johnson and Patrick Willis, which other superstar has retired early? Lynch maybe but he was nearing the twilight of his career and would probably not be seen as a superstar in the coming years.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/photos/nfl-retirements-players-early-chris-borland-patrick-willis-49ers-sidney-rice-barry-sanders-jake-locker-2015-concussions/1bc7qh8jf7j3k1a4uubwvrbg94/slide/30883

Pretty good list. Chris borland, Mendenhall, Jason Brown... And several more. Guys like DAT who seemed to question whether they want to keep playing. And that's not including players who retired after multiple injuries because they just couldn't stay healthy. Regardless when the best guys can't stay on the field or retire early, it makes for a substandard product

-King-
11-04-2016, 07:21 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/photos/nfl-retirements-players-early-chris-borland-patrick-willis-49ers-sidney-rice-barry-sanders-jake-locker-2015-concussions/1bc7qh8jf7j3k1a4uubwvrbg94/slide/30883

Pretty good list. Chris borland, Mendenhall, Jason Brown... And several more. Guys like DAT who seemed to question whether they want to keep playing. And that's not including players who retired after multiple injuries because they just couldn't stay healthy. Regardless when the best guys can't stay on the field or retire early, it makes for a substandard product

Those guys aren't even close to superstars. Not even in the same galaxy. Literally no one cares that Rashard Mendenhall retired after averaging 3.2 his last year in the league and 3.9 for his career.
Posted via Mobile Device

Direckshun
11-04-2016, 07:27 AM
While all his points are well taken, why aren't we continuing to excoriate the NFL for not caring about NFL players' safety and outright lying about it as well?

ThaVirus
11-04-2016, 08:17 AM
While all his points are well taken, why aren't we continuing to excoriate the NFL for not caring about NFL players' safety and outright lying about it as well?

He's done that a ton of times..

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/29/superstar-richard-sherman-nfl-doesnt-care-about-safety-of-players-video/

O.city
11-04-2016, 08:24 AM
I'm all about the big hits, but this seems to me to be a little like 5he players want theor cake and eat it too. They've taken out big hits because of player safety because they players sued them for concussions etc.

They ba r gained the new CBA to have less practice time as well.

Dave Lane
11-04-2016, 08:29 AM

**** this douche.

My knees hurt Monday's and Tuesday's after flag football, I want a million dollar payday right fucking now ROFL

Dave Lane
11-04-2016, 08:30 AM
I'm all about the big hits, but this seems to me to be a little like 5he players want theor cake and eat it too. They've taken out big hits because of player safety because they players sued them for concussions etc.

Drinking at 9:30?

chiefzilla1501
11-04-2016, 08:34 AM
Those guys aren't even close to superstars. Not even in the same galaxy. Literally no one cares that Rashard Mendenhall retired after averaging 3.2 his last year in the league and 3.9 for his career.
Posted via Mobile Device

I didn't say superstars are retiring early. Good players including superstars are off the field at alarming rates. Almost half of starters missed meaningful time last year. It's severely impacting the watchability of games. Half of the teams have become flat out unwatchable.

Rausch
11-04-2016, 08:40 AM
Richard Sherman is a badass human.

And a pretty goddamn good NFL CB.

I'm with you on this one...

Direckshun
11-04-2016, 08:55 AM

Maybe stop trying to type in your posts with the head of your penis.

Just a suggestion.

DJ's left nut
11-04-2016, 09:14 AM
Did he admit his PI against Julio Jones when he said officiating is inconsistent?

My first reaction as well.

I'll listen to a guy bitch about the refs when he wasn't handed a victory by those same refs just 2 weeks back. Or when he isn't part of the defensive unit that won a SB just a few short years ago by saying "Well they aren't going to call PI on every play" and openly mugging receivers.

Oh, and let's not forget the Fail Mary.

Sherman and his Seahawks have arguably been the biggest beneficiaries of the NFL rules and how they are selectively enforced in the NFL over the last 5 years. The only contenders are the Pats (who the NFL also butt-fucked w/ Brady) and the Broncos....and fuck the Broncos as well.

O.city
11-04-2016, 09:24 AM

Just a suggestion.

I'm in an orthodontic conference in chicago, I'm bored.

ptlyon
11-04-2016, 09:27 AM

Just a suggestion.

That's an option???

O.city
11-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Plus when you have a penis like mine you use it

Bewbies
11-04-2016, 09:37 AM

I agree. I love this guy.

Buehler445
11-04-2016, 10:28 AM
Yeah! Football players can't talk about pain or any other football issues because Buehler is in pain too!
Posted via Mobile Device

It's not just me, fuckstick.

There are a lot of guys that work manual labor (I don't even do all that much manual labor, I have shit genes) that wake up with pain because they've abused their bodies. We all chose our profession. It's not like these guys don't know that ramming your body into shit will not be good for it long term, just like I know that some of the shit I do is going to have adverse affects on my body. They get fat fucking paid for it too.

The NFL covering up concussion data is one thing, but there shouldn't be anyone around that doesn't know old football players knees hurt. That's just being a fucking bitch. Sounds like he's trying to parlay the concussion thing into my knees hurt.

Get the fuck out of here with that shit. Do you actually feel bad for him that his knees hurt? Are you really that fucking stupid? Please tell me you're not.

Buehler445
11-04-2016, 10:28 AM
My first reaction as well.

I'll listen to a guy bitch about the refs when he wasn't handed a victory by those same refs just 2 weeks back. Or when he isn't part of the defensive unit that won a SB just a few short years ago by saying "Well they aren't going to call PI on every play" and openly mugging receivers.

Oh, and let's not forget the Fail Mary.

Sherman and his Seahawks have arguably been the biggest beneficiaries of the NFL rules and how they are selectively enforced in the NFL over the last 5 years. The only contenders are the Pats (who the NFL also butt-fucked w/ Brady) and the Broncos....and fuck the Broncos as well.

Great point. And fuck Donk. Forever.

Mr. Laz
11-04-2016, 02:50 PM
Once again an example that players don't think they should have a boss and that rules don't apply to them.

-King-
11-04-2016, 03:06 PM
It's not just me, fuckstick.

There are a lot of guys that work manual labor (I don't even do all that much manual labor, I have shit genes) that wake up with pain because they've abused their bodies. We all chose our profession. It's not like these guys don't know that ramming your body into shit will not be good for it long term, just like I know that some of the shit I do is going to have adverse affects on my body. They get fat fucking paid for it too.

The NFL covering up concussion data is one thing, but there shouldn't be anyone around that doesn't know old football players knees hurt. That's just being a fucking bitch. Sounds like he's trying to parlay the concussion thing into my knees hurt.

Get the fuck out of here with that shit. Do you actually feel bad for him that his knees hurt? Are you really that fucking stupid? Please tell me you're not.
This is idiotic. Just cause they get paid a lot doesn't mean they shouldn't say they're in pain. You get paid more than the vast majority of people on the planet, that doesn't mean your pains and complaints aren't real. It's stupid logic.
Posted via Mobile Device

kcxiv
11-04-2016, 04:34 PM

I dont agree with this at all. they are dropping because the game is played sloppy. The refs have to much control over the game. The Defense isnt allowed to play defense anymore. Players have been getting hurt from the get go. The NFL still grew. Its not "all of a sudden" because a few guys retired getting hurt that its in decline.

kcxiv
11-04-2016, 04:38 PM
It's not just me, ****stick.

There are a lot of guys that work manual labor (I don't even do all that much manual labor, I have shit genes) that wake up with pain because they've abused their bodies. We all chose our profession. It's not like these guys don't know that ramming your body into shit will not be good for it long term, just like I know that some of the shit I do is going to have adverse affects on my body. They get fat ****ing paid for it too.

The NFL covering up concussion data is one thing, but there shouldn't be anyone around that doesn't know old football players knees hurt. That's just being a ****ing bitch. Sounds like he's trying to parlay the concussion thing into my knees hurt.

Get the **** out of here with that shit. Do you actually feel bad for him that his knees hurt? Are you really that ****ing stupid? Please tell me you're not.are your knee's fucked up? i had issues with my legs when i was 28 and i had to be in a wheelchair for a year and i had to learn how to rewalk again and in that process my knee's got all fucked up and its a fucking struggle to walk in the winter. I can no longer be on my feet for longer then about an hour. After that im in so much pain that ill fall if i dont sit down to let my knee's rest. It fucking sucks. I get the bitching about it. Its a struggle for me to work out. lol. i can still do it, but there's some serious pain going on when its leg day.

Mr. Laz
11-04-2016, 04:44 PM
I dont agree with this at all. they are dropping because the game is played sloppy. The refs have to much control over the game. The Defense isnt allowed to play defense anymore. Players have been getting hurt from the get go. The NFL still grew. Its not "all of a sudden" because a few guys retired getting hurt that its in decline.
Defense isn't allowed because of safety reason ... which is what he said

Game is sloppy because players don't give a fuck because nobody can make them give a fuck. They get money regardless.

Those FEW GUYS have already sued for BILLIONS ... with a B. They are already trying to sue for more and they will keep suing as long as the courts keep awarding them money.

This is what happens when the employees start running the asylum.

NFPLA demanded that practice be cut, that TC be cut,that contact be cut in practice.

The lawsuits are forcing league to implement tons of new safety rules which changes the game and pisses the fans off.

Goodell being a dick and incompetent is rather minor tbh.

Buehler445
11-04-2016, 04:50 PM
This is idiotic. Just cause they get paid a lot doesn't mean they shouldn't say they're in pain. You get paid more than the vast majority of people on the planet, that doesn't mean your pains and complaints aren't real. It's stupid logic.
Posted via Mobile Device

They are real. Very real. But expecting someone else to fix it when you knew signing on that it was going to happen is what is idiotic. I'm not in the press trying to sue Deere because I have to get on my knees to work on their shit.

That's what he's doing isn't it? Whining to the public to put pressure on the owners so they can sue? I can't think of any other reason he's writing articles about it. Maybe I should write articles to the High Plains Journal bitching that my knees hurt. Think it would go over well?

are your knee's fucked up? i had issues with my legs when i was 28 and i had to be in a wheelchair for a year and i had to learn how to rewalk again and in that process my knee's got all fucked up and its a fucking struggle to walk in the winter. I can no longer be on my feet for longer then about an hour. After that im in so much pain that ill fall if i dont sit down to let my knee's rest. It fucking sucks. I get the bitching about it. Its a struggle for me to work out. lol. i can still do it, but there's some serious pain going on when its leg day.

Yeah. I have arthritis in them. When I was 25 I went to a doctor because I got tendinitis in my knee and she freaked out that I had arthritis. Mom and dad both had both their knees replaced by 60. It's just a matter of time. It definitely affects my job.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-04-2016, 05:25 PM

In fact, no. He waited until 1 week later to bitch about reffing. Last week, he mentioned he was penalized against before he penalized Julio and shrugged it off. LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
11-04-2016, 05:40 PM
In fact, no. He waited until 1 week later to bitch about reffing. Last week, he mentioned he was penalized against before he penalized Julio and shrugged it off. LMAO

So after watching the whole thing I will say the same thing I always say about Richard Sherman. It's fun watching an educated, confident player call this league out for their bullshit. His timing is self serving, I don't care. He's still speaking the truth.

-King-
11-04-2016, 06:17 PM
They are real. Very real. But expecting someone else to fix it when you knew signing on that it was going to happen is what is idiotic. I'm not in the press trying to sue Deere because I have to get on my knees to work on their shit.

That's what he's doing isn't it? Whining to the public to put pressure on the owners so they can sue? I can't think of any other reason he's writing articles about it. Maybe I should write articles to the High Plains Journal bitching that my knees hurt. Think it would go over well?

Yeah. I have arthritis in them. When I was 25 I went to a doctor because I got tendinitis in my knee and she freaked out that I had arthritis. Mom and dad both had both their knees replaced by 60. It's just a matter of time. It definitely affects my job.

What he's doing is the same thing we as fans have been doing for years. The same complaints he has against the NFL are the same ones you likely have against the NFL. Are you happy with the officiating? Are you happy about the changes Goodell has made to the league? No? Then you agree with Sherman.
Posted via Mobile Device