PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs It's about damn time we discuss the Cam Newtons!

Deberg_1990
11-06-2016, 07:19 PM
Trap game for sure!

Discuss please....

ptlyon
11-06-2016, 07:22 PM
We will lose looking like anything we did today

KCCHIEFS27
11-06-2016, 07:22 PM
Definitely nervous about it. Hopefully, Houston is at 100 percent with no limitations. That will surely help.

thabear04
11-06-2016, 07:23 PM
Chiefs win by 10.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-06-2016, 07:23 PM
Let's hear the health reports first.

New World Order
11-06-2016, 07:24 PM
The real Choco Peni

stevieray
11-06-2016, 07:25 PM
If Ware and Maclin return..we should be ok. run d was pretty bad...but that can always improve...especially if Houston returns...it's always about the matchups.

NWTF
11-06-2016, 07:26 PM
I think today was the wake up call they needed, with not putting a very winnable game away, and Jax standing there with a chance to win at the end.

They breath a sigh of relief and hit the week more focused than they did after the walk in the park in Indy.

New World Order
11-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Carolina favored by 3.

Hmmm

pugsnotdrugs19
11-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Carolina's offense does not intimidate me right now. They aren't the same there at all.

The defense has started to pick it up a little, though...

If Ware/Maclin play, Chiefs win by a few. If not, they lose..

ptlyon
11-06-2016, 07:28 PM
I think today was the wake up call they needed, with not putting a very winnable game away, and Jax standing there with a chance to win at the end.

They breath a sigh of relief and hit the week more focused than they did after the walk in the park in Indy.

Reid doesn't learn

NWTF
11-06-2016, 07:30 PM
Reid doesn't learn

Well hopefully the team realized how close they came to letting one slip away.

RunKC
11-06-2016, 07:30 PM
Ford getting all the attention will be interesting with Houston now back. Add Poe and Jones to that list and someone is gonna be getting 1v1 looks

ptlyon
11-06-2016, 07:32 PM
Well hopefully the team realized how close they came to letting one slip away.

HE DOESN'T FUCKING LEARN

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-06-2016, 07:34 PM
Carolina had one of the easiest strength of schedules in 2015. From what the media fed us, Cam was the MVP but I argued that he was overrated. Rivera did a good job hiding Cam's deficiencies last season but as the playoffs unfolded and a more difficult schedule this season it's clearly showing what he's really worth. I'll admit tho that in the the red zone, Cam is a beast (pre-concussion). When they are winning, their offense primarily relies on their running backs.

They led the league in 2015 in the # of running plays as a percentage of total offensive plays. If we don't clean up our act on defense, Stewart is going to have a 100+ yard day.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-06-2016, 07:36 PM
If we are going to win this game, it's going to come on good QB play as their secondary is the weakest link

OnTheWarpath15
11-06-2016, 07:38 PM
We better get that shitty run D figured out, or we're going to get prison raped.

Make Cam beat you through the air, because based on what I've seen of him this year - he can't.

Reerun_KC
11-06-2016, 07:39 PM
HE DOESN'T ****ING LEARN

Bullshit. Reid admits he needs to do better and makes the appropriate adjustments...

Valiant
11-06-2016, 07:43 PM
If we are going to win this game, it's going to come on good QB play as their secondary is the weakest link

If we are going to win reid has to take his head out of his ass. Prepare the.team. not limit them on offense and sutton needs to get his defense ready for their rushing offense.

If I am panthers I would just spread us out, run the ball.and a lot of double move routes.

Jewish Rabbi
11-06-2016, 07:46 PM
Anyone else going to this game?

jjchieffan
11-06-2016, 11:39 PM
I heard them talking during the games today about Cam complaining about all the hits that he had been taking without getting a roughing call. Apparently, the league admitted that it was true. So now I'm expecting them to tell the refs to be stricter in the game next week. I bet we get called at least twice for roughing on ticky tack hits that aren't nearly like what Dungver got away with.

MMXcalibur
11-07-2016, 12:23 AM
Help us, Alex Smith. You're our only hope.

PutQuinnIn
11-07-2016, 12:44 AM
Carolina capitalized on turnovers last season, not so much this year. Alex Smith can have a big day with CAR weak DBs. Very winnable game for KC.

Chief Pagan
11-07-2016, 12:46 AM
I heard them talking during the games today about Cam complaining about all the hits that he had been taking without getting a roughing call. Apparently, the league admitted that it was true. So now I'm expthem to tell the refs to be stricter in the game next week. I bet we get called at least twice for roughing on Ricky tack hits that aren't nearly like what Dungver got away with.

I've thought this too. I'll take the over.

BossChief
11-07-2016, 08:51 AM
Gotta hit Cam all day. Don't worry about the refs. Opponents have gotten in his head and he has said how it effects him.

Don't let him feel safe, Houston, Ford, Jones, Poe, Prker, Sorensen and Howard...

Danguardace
11-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Hope Alex comes back the same and continues to makes smart choices with his feet to extend plays still. Given that he wasn't actually concussed he shouldn't feel scared to get hit.

Buehler445
11-07-2016, 09:50 AM
We better get that shitty run D figured out, or we're going to get prison raped.

Make Cam beat you through the air, because based on what I've seen of him this year - he can't.

Gotta hit Cam all day. Don't worry about the refs. Opponents have gotten in his head and he has said how it effects him.

Don't let him feel safe, Houston, Ford, Jones, Poe, Prker, Sorensen and Howard...

This. Right here.

Stopping them on Defense goes like this:

1. QB Pressure
2. Gap discipline (QB rush too)
3. Everything else.

The Franchise
11-07-2016, 09:54 AM
This. Right here.

Stopping them on Defense goes like this:

1. QB Pressure
2. Gap discipline (QB rush too)
3. Everything else.

We have to be able to tackle and finish sacks. Can't let him get out and extend the play.

ThaVirus
11-07-2016, 10:01 AM
We don't have anyone to cover Olsen and their big receivers will be a tough cover for our <6 ft DBs as well.

They don't run the ball well but they are committed.

DJ's left nut
11-07-2016, 10:05 AM
Do we have any idea at all which Newton is going to take the field?

Because that makes all the difference. That team just barely held of a terrible Rams team after they looked like they may be rounding into form against the Cardinals the week before.

What the Panthers may need to do is go back to what they did last year when Newton was actually taking the ball at defenders. Yeah, it'll cut down on his career, but it actually ends up making guys get tired of trying to hit him. The dude is like Bettis out there. Conventional wisdom says to hit him and rattle him but if Newton's going out there being the hammer instead of the nail, he gets charged up and defenders start to get a little tired of getting trucked by a damn QB.

The Panthers are just such a strange team this year that I don't have any idea what we'll run into. But because both teams seem opposed to putting their foot on anyone's throat, it feels like a 4 point game either way.

carcosa
11-07-2016, 10:08 AM
They suck. Chiefs win by 49!!!!!!!!!

Pasta Little Brioni
11-07-2016, 10:09 AM
Depends on the injury report

threebag
11-07-2016, 10:11 AM
Has Berry seemed close to invisible to anyone else? I didn't get to watch a lot of the game yesterday, but i just haven't seen him swarming like years past. Am i blind?

threebag
11-07-2016, 10:12 AM
Parker is like a man possessed he is always in the mix

DJ's left nut
11-07-2016, 10:35 AM
Has Berry seemed close to invisible to anyone else? I didn't get to watch a lot of the game yesterday, but i just haven't seen him swarming like years past. Am i blind?

He made one nice play in run support yesterday; don't recall when but he did a good job of reading and coming downwhill to stop a first down run in its tracks.

But apart from that, hitting Bortles 40 yards downfield is about as noticeable as he was yesterday...or most of the year for that matter.

He's not getting tagged next season and I doubt he's getting retained at all. The Chiefs will be past the PR flack for not bringing him back now that he's not the returning cancer patient and they'll have plenty of cover when the cap space goes to Poe instead.

Like Charles before him, I recommend enjoying Berry as much as you can now because I'm pretty sure this is his last ride...

POND_OF_RED
11-07-2016, 10:35 AM
LA got 5 sacks on him yesterday. Just blitz early and get in Cam's head. This game looks like it will be a complete grind it out field positioning game. Hope Smith, Ware and Maclin can make it back. If they do, we should have the advantage.

DJ's left nut
11-07-2016, 10:36 AM
Parker is like a man possessed he is always in the mix

Uh....sure, but not always in a good way.

Parker was very possibly the worst player on the field yesterday. Constantly behind the play and completely ineffective vs. the run. I felt like every defender we had yesterday at least pulled their weight but him. The dropped pick that hit him between the numbers and then losing Robinson when you knew the Jags needed to run a fast developing play was just pathetic. And of course Ivory eating his soul was just embarrassing.

Not a good day for Ron.

ThaVirus
11-07-2016, 10:39 AM
LA got 5 sacks on him yesterday. Just blitz early and get in Cam's head. This game looks like it will be a complete grind it out field positioning game. Hope Smith, Ware and Maclin can make it back. If they do, we should have the advantage.

We don't have the individual stars on the DL that the Rams do. Cam will hold the ball looking for a big play so I wouldn't be surprised if we get to him a couple times, but I certainly wouldn't expect us to be in his face all the time simply because the Rams were.

RINGLEADER
11-07-2016, 11:11 AM
As with all Chiefs games...

If we cause turnovers and protect the ball and have a balanced offense we will win. It won't matter what the Panthers do.

If we don't get any turnovers or cough it up or go pass-happy then we will lose.

The Panthers are a .500 team at home (losing to Minnesota and Tampa and beating Arizona and San Fran). They average 25.0 ppg at home - but generated nearly half of their home field points against one opponent (49ers) and averaged only 18.0 ppg in the other three.

The Chiefs are number one in the NFL in turnover differential (+13). Carolina is 29th in the same stat (-6). During the first 6 games of the year Carolina lost the turnover battle in every game. The last two games they haven't turned it over once and, not surprisingly, they have eeked out two wins.

The Panthers are an average passing team and an above average running game. After what happened yesterday I would expect them to test the run defense early and often. If we can go Negan on them and shut that chit down early I think our chances improve dramatically. If we can make them live up to their reputation for turnovers then we likely win.

A lot will depend on who plays, of course. Spencer Ware was probably the most missed player on the field yesterday. Getting him back will be a real difference maker (I'm assuming Alex comes back).

Marcellus
11-07-2016, 11:15 AM
We don't have anyone to cover Olsen and their big receivers will be a tough cover for our <6 ft DBs as well.

They don't run the ball well but they are committed.

Do you realize KC has been one of the top defenses against the TE for 3.5 years and counting now?

What tight end has caused us issue in recent years?

Reerun_KC
11-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Do you realize KC has been one of the top defenses against the TE for 3.5 years and counting now?

The white ones?

:D

Kidding.

Danguardace
11-07-2016, 11:19 AM
A lot will depend on who plays, of course. Spencer Ware was probably the most missed player on the field yesterday. Getting him back will be a real difference maker (I'm assuming Alex comes back).

Agree with this, I feel confident that Ware (and Smith certainly) will be back. I think it was a calculated risk leaving them out yesterday (Not sure if they had any choice with Ware).

Every Game is big from here on but this is huge a chance to top the division before coming back for a winnable home game the following week. The division crown has a heavy incentive with the South and North Sucking AFC West winner should get a first round bye at least.

Rasputin
11-07-2016, 11:25 AM

You are blind he is still a hell of a good player and leader on this defense.

raybec 4
11-07-2016, 11:30 AM
You are blind he is still a hell of a good player and leader on this defense.

He knocked the snot out of Bortles (who didn't scramble again after that play) He defended a 3rd and short pass against Marcedes Lewis and was good in run support.

ThaVirus
11-07-2016, 11:40 AM

Julius Thomas (with Manning) and Gronk.

Olsen is on their level.

DJ's left nut
11-07-2016, 11:45 AM
Nobody is on Gronks level and Newton aint on Mannings either.

ThaVirus
11-07-2016, 11:52 AM
I'm not convinced Gronk isn't the beneficiary of playing with, potentially, the best QB of all time. Obviously he's really, really good, but that much better than everyone else? I'd like to see him without Brady.

Easy 6
11-07-2016, 11:56 AM
Everyone in the league knows KC is an extremely tough out, and I fully expect Carolina to play accordingly... this is going to be a brutal, grinding affair decided by who wins the turnover battle and has the fewest penalties

DJ's left nut
11-07-2016, 11:58 AM
I'm not convinced Gronk isn't the beneficiary of playing with, potentially, the best QB of all time. Obviously he's really, really good, but that much better than everyone else? I'd like to see him without Brady.

Maybe, but the analysis remains the same. Manning made his TEs until his arm fell off. Brady may have made Gronk but the fact remains that those two are a pretty much unmatched combination.

Newton isn't that kind of quarterback. Perhaps Olsen with a healthy Manning or Brady is as effective as Thomas was or Gronk is....but that's not what he's working with.

Rasputin
11-07-2016, 12:00 PM
Nobody is on Gronks level and Newton aint on Mannings either.

I think Newton has his own level not to be compared to Manning. Newton is a duel threat more so like Steve Young imo. The thing is with Newton is his on and off switch he can be turned on or off depending on his mood. His lights were out during the Super Bowl but during the season he had the lights on and was turned on by rolling over teams. I don't get what his problem was during the Super Bowl but he is a threat any other day.

DJ's left nut
11-07-2016, 12:05 PM
I think Newton has his own level not to be compared to Manning. Newton is a duel threat more so like Steve Young imo. The thing is with Newton is his on and off switch he can be turned on or off depending on his mood. His lights were out during the Super Bowl but during the season he had the lights on and was turned on by rolling over teams. I don't get what his problem was during the Super Bowl but he is a threat any other day.

What's that have to do with the TE beating us up?

I agree - Newton's a challenge in his own right. But he's not the kind of guy that's going to go surgically targeting Julius Thomas like Manning used to. If we leave Olsen uncovered, Cam will find him because Olsen's his security blanket. But he's not going to go looking off coverage or throwing Olsen open like Manning used to do to really carve us up because that's just not how he plays.

If we suck against Olsen, Newton will exploit it. But if we just provide credible coverage (and there's no reason we shouldn't), we'll be fine. Olsen will get his as he always does as Cam's favorite target, but he won't butcher us like the old Antonio Gates days.

Rasputin
11-07-2016, 12:07 PM
I hope the Chiefs practice against the "Bootleg" this week.

You know Newton is going take off and we need to be on him like flies to road kill. Dee Ford needs to run him over and the rest of the team fly on him and pester him all day.

jjchieffan
11-07-2016, 12:08 PM

You may be right. Here are his numbers for this year. His numbers went way up once Brady returned from his suspension. Was that just due to his knee injury? Was he baxk at 100% before Brady returned?

Thu 9/22
vs HOU W 27-0 0 1 0
Sun 10/2
vs BUF L 0-16 1 2 11
Sun 10/9
@ CLE W 33-13 5 7 109
Sun 10/16
vs CIN W 35-17 7 9 162
Sun 10/23
@ PIT W 27-16 4 4 93
Sun 10/30
@ BUF W 41-25 5 7 109

Rasputin
11-07-2016, 12:11 PM
What's that have to do with the TE beating us up?

I agree - Newton's a challenge in his own right. But he's not the kind of guy that's going to go surgically targeting Julius Thomas like Manning used to. If we leave Olsen uncovered, Cam will find him because Olsen's his security blanket. But he's not going to go looking off coverage or throwing Olsen open like Manning used to do to really carve us up because that's just not how he plays.

If we suck against Olsen, Newton will exploit it. But if we just provide credible coverage (and there's no reason we shouldn't), we'll be fine. Olsen will get his as he always does as Cam's favorite target, but he won't butcher us like the old Antonio Gates days.

Um cuz thread topic is mostly about Cam Newton a and I didn't go back pages to see that the topic on hand is about TE Gronk that plays for the patriots. I was only responding to the part of and Newton aint on Mannings either so my post had little to nothing about a TE beating us up.

Saccopoo
11-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Carolina had one of the easiest strength of schedules in 2015. From what the media fed us, Cam was the MVP but I argued that he was overrated. Rivera did a good job hiding Cam's deficiencies last season but as the playoffs unfolded and a more difficult schedule this season it's clearly showing what he's really worth. I'll admit tho that in the the red zone, Cam is a beast (pre-concussion). When they are winning, their offense primarily relies on their running backs.

They led the league in 2015 in the # of running plays as a percentage of total offensive plays. If we don't clean up our act on defense, Stewart is going to have a 100+ yard day.

Having Smith back is going to be large. The problem that we ran into yesterday is that we couldn't/didn't extend any drives offensively. People want to cry about Reid/Smith not bombing the football all over the place, but what is particularly effective about Smith's game is that he maintains TOP extremely well. It's not Ware, or Charles or whoever...it's Smith's ability to find the first down marker in order to keep a drive going.

Easy 6
11-07-2016, 12:21 PM
Having Smith back is going to be large. The problem that we ran into yesterday is that we couldn't/didn't extend any drives offensively. People want to cry about Reid/Smith not bombing the football all over the place, but what is particularly effective about Smith's game is that he maintains TOP extremely well. It's not Ware, or Charles or whoever...it's Smith's ability to find the first down marker in order to keep a drive going.

That was definitely on a lot of people minds yesterday... chunk plays are thrilling and we DO still need more of them from Smith, but there is also something to be said for high percentage throws that extend drives and keep your defense off the field

Gotta keep the chains moving, and going bombs away every other play is no way to consistently accomplish that... a balance needs to be struck

jjchieffan
11-07-2016, 12:22 PM

Yep. But you can't convince SDH, Clay and the other Madden football geeks that the west coast offense is designed that way and that Reid and Smith are running it the way it's designed and winning games because of it. They just can't figure out that Madden isn't the same as real football.

ThaVirus
11-07-2016, 12:22 PM
Maybe, but the analysis remains the same. Manning made his TEs until his arm fell off. Brady may have made Gronk but the fact remains that those two are a pretty much unmatched combination.

Newton isn't that kind of quarterback. Perhaps Olsen with a healthy Manning or Brady is as effective as Thomas was or Gronk is....but that's not what he's working with.

The combination of Newton-Olsen is definitely a step down but aside from Manning-Brady there isn't one better in this league.

If we struggle to stop the run and they commit to the play action, it'll make an already-difficult job even tougher.

POND_OF_RED
11-07-2016, 12:55 PM
We don't have the individual stars on the DL that the Rams do. Cam will hold the ball looking for a big play so I wouldn't be surprised if we get to him a couple times, but I certainly wouldn't expect us to be in his face all the time simply because the Rams were.

No one is as good as Aaron Donald, but the Chiefs are pretty good at getting to the QB. Sutton should work in some nice blitz packages to throw off Newton's tempo. That's all LA did. Blitzed 69% of the plays. Held them to 13 points. Follow that strategy with our defense and I think it pays off. Especially if you can get a well rested Houston in on a few of those packages.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-07-2016, 01:23 PM
We're going to have to stop the run better to win this game. The Panthers will run it down the Chiefs' throats if the defense doesn't show up, and Cam will play better because of it.

Of course, when Houston comes back that pretty much shuts down one edge of the field.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-07-2016, 02:39 PM

Yep. That 1/13 third down conversion was pitiful

MotherfuckerJones
11-07-2016, 02:44 PM
Anyone else going to this game?

I'm trying to

MotherfuckerJones
11-07-2016, 02:46 PM
Hopefully Houston is a go and we can rotate Tamba, Dadi and Zombo. Pressure up the middle with Sorensen and LBs early and often.

DJ White is coming back soon? It's been 2 weeks. I'd imagine that's soon.

thabear04
11-07-2016, 02:48 PM
Hopefully Houston is a go and we can rotate Tamba, Dadi and Zombo. Pressure up the middle with Sorensen and LBs early and often.

I hope he comes back.

MahiMike
11-07-2016, 03:05 PM
It's all about Alex. The run game will be much improved with his options and he's proven that he can spread the ball around. My only worry is our run D.

MotherfuckerJones
11-07-2016, 03:10 PM
I want a very good offensive game plan. Stop with goddamn reverses in the red zone. Let's simply things when we get down there. I don't need to watch a double reverse after ya get a big turnover. Attack carolina deep and in the middle of the field. Secondary is a question mark.

Reerun_KC
11-07-2016, 03:12 PM
I want a very good offensive game plan. Stop with goddamn reverses in the red zone. Let's simply things when we get down there. I don't need to watch a double reverse after ya get a big turnover. Attack carolina deep and in the middle of the field. Secondary is a question mark.

Reid is a God damn Chernobyl disaster in the red zone.

But he knows he has issues and he will address them.

ptlyon
11-07-2016, 03:14 PM

Never has, never will

MotherfuckerJones
11-07-2016, 03:21 PM

Apparently not since that was the second reverse around the 20 that hasn't worked in 4 weeks.

Chiefnj2
11-07-2016, 03:42 PM
I have a feeling the referees are going to be under a good deal of pressure to call PF's this week for anything near Cam's head. They've been missing so many the last few weeks.

scho63
11-07-2016, 03:48 PM
Trap game for sure!

Discuss please....

This is NOT a trap game. This is a tough opponent, on their home turf, with a lot of weapons having an off season.

We need to be on our best behavior to win. :clap:

CaliforniaChief
11-07-2016, 03:55 PM
Before the season I chalked the two road games against the NFC South as losses.

After watching the Panthers almost lose to the Rams yesterday, I'm changing my prediction for this game.

Granted, there are "if's" involved here:
If Alex is back and we can run the offense as designed.
I'll feel better if Spencer Ware is back too. What a weapon.
If we can avoid turnovers and just play our game.

Then I think we win. I didn't see anything from Carolina that impressed me at all. Very winnable game.

RunKC
11-07-2016, 04:00 PM

I doubt Houston plays more than 10 snaps. White probably won't play. He fractured his hand.

That's a 4-6 week recovery

MotherfuckerJones
11-07-2016, 06:40 PM
I doubt Houston plays more than 10 snaps. White probably won't play. He fractured his hand.

Ya well I've seen guys with clubs but as a corner that's not gona work at all. I know the recovery just curious when he's coming. I'd imagine Denver or shortly after.

As for Houston, I'm fine with getting his feet wet. Let him rush and get some reps and get his feet wet. I'm not saying start him even. But I'm totally fine with inactive until he's mentally ready. Don't wan't him hesitant out there.

There were no flags called on the hits on Cam Sunday. Better not start this Sunday.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-07-2016, 06:47 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Maclin sits. This isn't the kind of game that you should need him quite as bad as normal. Carolina's secondary has been hot garbage.

NJChiefsFan
11-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Bullshit. Reid admits he needs to do better and makes the appropriate adjustments...

Haven't heard his particular quote on this game. However, in the past, Reid loves to make general acknowledgments of doing better without actually specifying what, which isn't actually taking responsibility in my mind. It's like when a kid constantly says sorry without actually changing the behavior.

Andy has a lot of great attributes. But he absolutely has lessons he hasn't learned, even from his PHI days.

NJChiefsFan
11-07-2016, 07:04 PM
As for CAR, right or wrong, I still view this as a big game and a big test. I think them winning this weekend says something and I don't think this can work as a trap game. Especially with TB coming next. Yesterday was the trap game IMO.

dls6501
11-07-2016, 07:09 PM
It's all about Alex. The run game will be much improved with his options and he's proven that he can spread the ball around. My only worry is our run D.

Where is this narrative about the offense suffering with Nick Foles' lack of running ability coming from?

Alex is averaging 7 rushing yards a game this season. Seven.

The run game will be improved when Spencer Ware comes back, not when Alex Smith comes back.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-08-2016, 11:01 AM
You are ignoring the THREAT of the read option

Pasta Little Brioni
11-08-2016, 11:01 AM
They will pound the football and won't stop. Definitely a game to be concerned about

DJ's left nut
11-08-2016, 11:03 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Maclin sits. This isn't the kind of game that you should need him quite as bad as normal. Carolina's secondary has been hot garbage.

Need him or no; you should probably sit him anyway. They can't let the groin injury linger and if it pops on him again, you may be looking at a month or more out.

Besides, something's not been right with him anyway this year. Let him have a seat for a week and see if it re-charges him. He just appears so much less engaged than he was last season. He doesn't appear to be at all involved with the team.

He's always been such an upbeat, openly bubbly guy out there and right now it's just not there. He's not getting fired up with his teammates and all the gesticulating and trash talking you'd see from him on the field appears to have vanished.

He looks like he's just going through the motions out there.

Panthersfan4life
11-08-2016, 12:22 PM

Literally had to make an account to call you out on this.

As the playoffs unfolded- this one's also for the guy that said Cam can't throw Olsen open.
https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/cam-newton-is-destroying-the-seahawks.gif?w=1000

As the playoffs unfolded
https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/5930561/SUPERCAM.0.gif

As the playoffs unfolded
https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6728485/suuuupercaaam.0.0.gif

Throwing for 5 tds in 3 separate games and winning the MVP is not a fluke. I also find it funny how you're talking sh*t about our QB when, well, just look at y'all's quarterback situation. Don't act like you wouldn't take Cam in less than a heartbeat over Alex Smith. I do think y'all have a solid chance of winning this game but I just couldn't let this one slide.

And for the most part I really respect the posts in this thread, a lot more intelligent than what you get on most other fan bases forums and I've only heard great things about y'alls fan base. Other than this week, good luck on y'alls season.

Jewish Rabbi
11-08-2016, 12:25 PM

As the playoffs unfolded- this one's also for the guy that said Cam can't throw Olsen open.
https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/cam-newton-is-destroying-the-seahawks.gif?w=1000

As the playoffs unfolded

As the playoffs unfolded
https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6728485/suuuupercaaam.0.0.gif

Throwing for 5 tds in 3 separate games and winning the MVP is not a fluke. I also find it funny how your talking sh*t about our QB when, well, just look at y'all's quarterback situation. Don't act like you wouldn't take Cam in less than a heartbeat over Alex Smith. I do think y'all have a solid chance of winning this game but I just couldn't let this one slide.

And for the most part I really respect the posts in this thread, a lot more intelligent than what you get on most other fan bases forums and I've only heard great things about y'alls fan base. Other than this week, good luck on y'alls season.
Literally had to hit reply to tell you to kill yourself.

Panthersfan4life
11-08-2016, 12:28 PM
Literally had to hit reply to tell you to kill yourself.

Haha I feel that.

ChiefRocka
11-08-2016, 12:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gxmQH7P.png

ptlyon
11-08-2016, 12:48 PM
That picture makes my skin crawl

Easy 6
11-08-2016, 12:54 PM
I couldnt agree more with DJs take on Maclin... he definitely needs to sit this week, groins are notorious for lingering forever and even getting much worse if they arent allowed to fully heal

Also what he said about Mac just not looking right this year, the friend dying surely has something to do with it, but I dont think thats the whole story... its easy for me to wonder if the lack of big numbers is starting to wear on him

temper11
11-08-2016, 01:18 PM
I have a feeling the referees are going to be under a good deal of pressure to call PF's this week for anything near Cam's head. They've been missing so many the last few weeks.

I've got to believe that the Personal Foul's will be going both ways since Smith was also the victim of what should have been a PF that knocked him out of the game and missed a week of football.

temper11
11-08-2016, 01:21 PM

Agreed. I know Houston is practicing this week, and people are stoked - as they should be - but they will bring him back very slowly.

temper11
11-08-2016, 01:26 PM
Besides, something's not been right with him anyway this year. Let him have a seat for a week and see if it re-charges him. He just appears so much less engaged than he was last season. He doesn't appear to be at all involved with the team.

He's always been such an upbeat, openly bubbly guy out there and right now it's just not there. He's not getting fired up with his teammates and all the gesticulating and trash talking you'd see from him on the field appears to have vanished.

He looks like he's just going through the motions out there.

This. I chalked it up early to the death of his friend a few weeks back, and maybe that is still it, but I was hoping that he'd have shaken it off. Chiefs definitely need him to shake whatever it is off.

NJChiefsFan
11-08-2016, 01:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gxmQH7P.png

Sometimes the simple jokes are the best.

NJChiefsFan
11-08-2016, 01:42 PM
Haha I feel that.

Welcome. The more reasonable fans of other teams on this site, the better. Plenty of rival fans have homes here, as long as you can take the insults for what they are. Also, don't lose sleep over what Uppercut has to say.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-08-2016, 02:31 PM
I think Houston needs to at least be active for this game. Let him be there just in case. This is going to be a tough ass game, and we can't afford to go on a skid...

12-4 gets us the division and a bye, and we have to have that in order to have a chance this year.

Panthersfan4life
11-08-2016, 02:57 PM
Welcome. The more reasonable fans of other teams on this site, the better. Plenty of rival fans have homes here, as long as you can take the insults for what they are. Also, don't lose sleep over what Uppercut has to say.

Thank you sir (or ma'am) and same thing applies to the huddle if you want to venture over there.

Discuss Thrower
11-08-2016, 03:05 PM
Cam Newton made Ted Ginn into a serviceable receiver.

Ted. Fucking. Ginn.

DJ's left nut
11-08-2016, 03:16 PM
Cam Newton made Ted Ginn into a serviceable receiver.

Ted. Fucking. Ginn.

Matt Cassel made Dwayne Bowe an All Pro because he just didn't care if he was open or not - he was force-feeding him the ball.

It's not like Ginn actually became any sort of versatile, rounded receiver. He still caught less than half the balls thrown his direction; he just caught them a long way down field. Nobody ever questioned Cam Newton's arm strength.

Newton isn't an accurate passer and he's not a strong decision-maker. It doesn't really matter because he's a one-off; there's nobody in the league like him and he's damn difficult to play if he's feeling it that day. But it's not because he's going to suddenly sit back there and pick defenses apart.

He's a guy that can use absurd physical talent to bowl over defenses and if they cheat up to stop it, chuck it over their heads. He's a unique guy that's hard to deal with. But he's not a guy that I'm worried about suddenly turning Funchess into a difference maker or making Kelvin Benjamin more than the poor man's Bowe he's become.

Discuss Thrower
11-08-2016, 03:54 PM
Matt Cassel made Dwayne Bowe an All Pro because he just didn't care if he was open or not - he was force-feeding him the ball.

It's not like Ginn actually became any sort of versatile, rounded receiver. He still caught less than half the balls thrown his direction; he just caught them a long way down field. Nobody ever questioned Cam Newton's arm strength.

Newton isn't an accurate passer and he's not a strong decision-maker. It doesn't really matter because he's a one-off; there's nobody in the league like him and he's damn difficult to play if he's feeling it that day. But it's not because he's going to suddenly sit back there and pick defenses apart.

He's a guy that can use absurd physical talent to bowl over defenses and if they cheat up to stop it, chuck it over their heads. He's a unique guy that's hard to deal with. But he's not a guy that I'm worried about suddenly turning Funchess into a difference maker or making Kelvin Benjamin more than the poor man's Bowe he's become.

To be fair defenses worried more about Olsen.

But seriously. Imagine if KC were in the SB with Kelce and Donnie Avery leading the team in receiving yards. The amount of jerking over how awesome Smith is as a QB would be ceaseless.

New World Order
11-08-2016, 03:57 PM
Thank you sir (or ma'am) and same thing applies to the huddle if you want to venture over there.

Sup dude

Easy 6
11-08-2016, 04:01 PM

But seriously. Imagine if KC were in the SB with Kelce and Donnie Avery leading the team in receiving yards. The amount of jerking over how awesome Smith is as a QB would be ceaseless.

This is a fair point

He is having a shitty year so far, but I would argue that Cam was slicing and dicing from the pocket last year... reading coverages, looking off safeties, the whole bit

DJ's left nut
11-08-2016, 04:14 PM

Well until they lost.

Then it would be "Smith just isn't good enough if his defense doesn't carry the entire load for him; 15-1 don't mean shit if you can't finish in the post-season..."

Hey, I'd trade Smith for Newton in a heartbeat, I'm just saying that we shouldn't make him more than he is. He's not a good passer but he's a tough matchup...when he feels like it.

But when "the game isn't fun" for him, he just puts it in neutral and is generally ineffective.

Sandy Vagina
11-08-2016, 04:19 PM
Well until they lost.

Then it would be "Smith just isn't good enough if his defense doesn't carry the entire load for him; 15-1 don't mean shit if you can't finish in the post-season..."

Hey, I'd trade Smith for Newton in a heartbeat, I'm just saying that we shouldn't make him more than he is. He's not a good passer but he's a tough matchup...when he feels like it.

But when "the game isn't fun" for him, he just puts it in neutral and is generally ineffective.

Can't fault that. I do have to wonder if Cam has the gigabytes for Andy, though.

DJ's left nut
11-08-2016, 04:41 PM
I'm still trying to think of how many quarterbacks I could come up with that would ever go to a press conference and whine that the officials are making the game not fun for them anymore.

I try not to go too far down the 'modern athlete' road but jesus, if that's not a statement as to the sorry state of the modern superstar, I'm not sure what is.

Discuss Thrower
11-08-2016, 04:48 PM
I'm still trying to think of how many quarterbacks I could come up with that would ever go to a press conference and whine that the officials are making the game not fun for them anymore.

I try not to go too far down the 'modern athlete' road but jesus, if that's not a statement as to the sorry state of the modern superstar, I'm not sure what is.

Hochuli pretty much said he didn't earn enough credibility to earn roughing calls. And then he got repeatedly headshotted on national TV to begin the year.

Regardless of the millions I had coming to me, I wouldn't call getting blatant penalties ignored "fun".

DJ's left nut
11-08-2016, 04:52 PM
Hochuli pretty much said he didn't earn enough credibility to earn roughing calls. And then he got repeatedly headshotted on national TV to begin the year.

Regardless of the millions I had coming to me, I wouldn't call getting blatant penalties ignored "fun".

It's his job. Fun's got nothing to do with it.

It's absolute shit leadership and provides some degree of validation for every 'front-runner' charge that's ever been leveled at him.

Easy 6
11-08-2016, 04:59 PM

I find him to be a very likable, personable guy... but you're right, he comes off as a baby waaay too much, the woe is me stuff is unbecoming of a franchise leader, no doubt

In fairness, some of the uncalled hits are pathetic and need to be addressed by the league... but he shouldnt be seen to whine about it like he does, he needs to set the example for his team, keep a stiff upper lip and let his organization deal with it behind the scenes

BryanBusby
11-08-2016, 05:04 PM
Can't fault that. I do have to wonder if Cam has the gigabytes for Andy, though.
Why would you wonder that?

-King-
11-08-2016, 05:04 PM
It's his job. Fun's got nothing to do with it.

It's absolute shit leadership and provides some degree of validation for every 'front-runner' charge that's ever been leveled at him.

He's likely going to have severe mental issues and physical issues due to hits he really shouldn't be taken and hits that should if called evenly for every QB, be illegal. It's not like hes saying taking legal hits makes the game not fun.

No matter how much you like something or how fun it is, if too much bullshit is added to it, it gets less fun. So even if he likes football and enjoys the physicality of it, at a certain point, if you see you're getting cheap shotted and your team isn't even benefiting from those cheap shots by flags, then the game starts becoming less fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut
11-08-2016, 05:05 PM
I find him to be a very likable, personable guy... but you're right, he comes off as a baby waaay too much, the woe is me stuff is unbecoming of a franchise leader, no doubt

In fairness, some of the uncalled hits are pathetic and need to be addressed by the league... but he shouldnt be seen to whine about it like he does, he needs to set the example for his team, keep a stiff upper lip and let his organization deal with it behind the scenes

Oh no doubt; the Broncos game was vicious.

But that's Rivera's job. Cam goes out there, gives credit to his team and says that he'll keep taking the blows to get them the Ws.

Then Ron Rivera raises holy hell.

-King-
11-08-2016, 05:07 PM

I don't doubt his team is doing stuff behind the scenes, but Godell needs to be called out publicly for the horrific level of officiating in the nfl these days. If there's public pressure to change, then he might change.
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6
11-08-2016, 05:16 PM
I don't doubt his team is doing stuff behind the scenes, but Godell needs to be called out publicly for the horrific level of officiating in the nfl these days. If there's public pressure to change, then he might change.
Posted via Mobile Device

Its easy to agree that those uncalled hits are just a symptom of a much wider problem with officiating

Cam got his statement in at the presser and had the meeting with Godell, now he should leave it to his coach/team IMO

ThaVirus
11-08-2016, 05:57 PM

But that's Rivera's job. Cam goes out there, gives credit to his team and says that he'll keep taking the blows to get them the Ws.

Curious as to why you think Cam should keep his mouth shut because he's expected to be a leader but Rivera, who leads Cam himself, is allowed to be vocal..

jjchieffan
11-08-2016, 06:05 PM

Good way to describe him. Makes me think of Michael Vick and Jeff George. Strong arm, not an accurate passer, not a strong decision maker.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Throwing for 5 tds in 3 separate games and winning the MVP is not a fluke. I also find it funny how you're talking sh*t about our QB when, well, just look at y'all's quarterback situation. Don't act like you wouldn't take Cam in less than a heartbeat over Alex Smith. I do think y'all have a solid chance of winning this game but I just couldn't let this one slide.

Thanks for the reply you insecure little prick. Your "MVP" single handedly lost you the Lombardi as he was exposed as the most overrated player of 2015. He continues to prove my point with his performance this season. Enjoy missing the playoffs :clap:

Easy 6
11-08-2016, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the reply you insecure little prick. Your "MVP" single handedly lost you the Lombardi as he was exposed as the most overrated player of 2015. He continues to prove my point with his performance this season. Enjoy missing the playoffs :clap:

That was about as cool an opening post as I've seen a rival fan make, he isnt the one being an insecure little prick

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-08-2016, 06:51 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD3B3m6UyZM

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/d54D3lUB0tBDDio1_so8cQ9QstQ=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6008681/fraidycam.0.gif

ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
11-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Nah Denver was being gifted that Super Farce no matter how he played that day. Just like week 1 in pile high. "He hasn't earned that reputation " fuck NFL officiating.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Russell Wilson > Cam Newton

Pasta Little Brioni
11-08-2016, 06:53 PM
NFL viewership is down 20% because of that game. People aren't totally stupid. They ruined the league with that farce.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-08-2016, 07:00 PM
NFL viewership is down 20% because of that game. People aren't totally stupid. They ruined the league with that farce.

Show me proof. A survey poll. Something to back your argument.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Don't need it. The numbers don't lie. The game was a total shitshow with gag inducing product placement to boot.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-08-2016, 07:02 PM
Don't need it. The numbers don't lie. The game was a total shitshow with gag inducing product placement to boot.

Sounds scientific.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-08-2016, 07:04 PM
http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/intelligencer/2016/02/07/SuperBowl/fumble-td.w710.h473.gif

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/intelligencer/2016/02/07/SuperBowl/cam-fumble.w710.h473.gif

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/intelligencer/2016/02/07/SuperBowl/cam-sad.w710.h473.gif

New World Order
11-08-2016, 07:10 PM
That guy has been polite.

Why do you keep posting this shit?

Rasputin
11-08-2016, 07:21 PM
Sometimes the simple jokes are the best.

:clap:

DaneMcCloud
11-08-2016, 07:25 PM
No one knows Ron Rivera better than Andy Reid

Mr. Laz
11-08-2016, 07:26 PM
Watching Parker try to tackle Cam Newton should be entertaining or sad, depending on your point of view.

Rasputin
11-08-2016, 07:29 PM

As the playoffs unfolded

As the playoffs unfolded

I sure the hell hope Chiefs practice against the bootleg this week. Fucking bootleg Ryan Simms fucking bootleg fucking Ryan Simms Fucking bootleg fucking Ryan Simms

oh yeah Welcome to Chiefs Planet Panthersfan4life I hope your stay hear is pleasant and it's a good contest that the Panthers come up short in.

Never mind that dweeb Tigerboob he is a bronco fan we don't claim him here.

Saccopoo
11-08-2016, 07:29 PM
Watching Parker try to tackle Cam Newton should be entertaining or sad, depending on your point of view.

That's just mean Laz.

Accurate, but mean.

Chiefshrink
11-08-2016, 07:32 PM

It's a sure sign of culturally where we are at with the cult of personality and the extreme narcissistic entitled mentality especially with celebrities under the age of 35, that if anything becomes very difficult to achieve "just whine". What would Lombardi do with Cam Newton if he pulled this crap ?

Chiefshrink
11-08-2016, 07:35 PM
If Sutton throws a lot of looks at him and we have decent pressure on him we should be fine. Cam still struggles to read defenses and what play to audible to. Who will be our spy you think ??

Pasta Little Brioni
11-08-2016, 07:40 PM
So Tiger is a donco sympathizer...pathetic

Panthersfan4life
11-08-2016, 08:30 PM

Lol dude you clearly just don't watch our games. Look at what he did last season with the receivers we had (kb was out). He threw for 35 tds and won the MVP. This was with Ginn as our WR 1. Ted Ginn, as our WR 1. Let that sink in. Behind Ginn he had 50 year old Cotchery, undrafted Cory Brown, and rookie Funch. Yes we still had Olsen but he was constantly double teamed. Finished with the number 1 offense with those guys.

I also don't get all the Alex Smith hate around here, 70% completion and only 2 ints. I'll admit I haven't been watching y'all, what gives?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-08-2016, 08:32 PM
And now TU has shown his ass for no reason and welcome to *plonk*ville.

Panthersfan4life
11-08-2016, 08:37 PM

Us Panthers fans have been hoping that Cam would just let the front office do the the talking and have Cam stay quiet on the issue but unfortunately that hasn't really been the case.

Panthersfan4life
11-08-2016, 08:38 PM

Thats the thing, Ron, Gettleman, and Jerry Richardson have unfortunately all failed to do that.

Panthersfan4life
11-08-2016, 08:43 PM

I'm not the one calling people names that I don't know over the internet. If you actually understand football you know that a game is never single handendly lost bu one player. I just had to correct your inaccurate assessment.

Panthersfan4life
11-08-2016, 08:45 PM
Sup dude

Suhhh du

Rasputin
11-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Thats the thing, Ron, Gettleman, and Jerry Richardson have unfortunately all failed to do that.

How often does Cam do the bootleg?

Rasputin
11-08-2016, 08:48 PM
I'm not the one calling people names that I don't know over the internet. If you actually understand football you know that a game is never single handendly lost bu one player. I just had to correct your inaccurate assessment.

Do yourself a favor and don't respond to anything he says.

Panthersfan4life
11-08-2016, 08:51 PM
How often does Cam do the bootleg?

Lmao not nearly as much as you'd think.

Rasputin
11-08-2016, 08:58 PM
Lmao not nearly as much as you'd think.

Two, three, Five times a game? I mean I still have nightmares of Ryan Simms years ago get burnt over and over so I think it's something for the Chiefs to be concerned about with Cam even today with Dee Ford and Tamba Hali I shouldn't have to worry about it. Dee Ford should be all over Cam I hope he is but I know Cam is able to get away and get loose. So I think I have a valid concern.

New World Order
11-08-2016, 09:49 PM
Remember Elway used to bootleg us to death

ChiefsCountry
11-08-2016, 10:05 PM
So Tiger is a donco sympathizer...pathetic

He is a 49er fan. What do you expect.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-08-2016, 10:34 PM

Keep posting man. Ignore blackbob.

ChiefsCountry
11-08-2016, 10:58 PM

So did Bubby Brister, Brian Griese and Jake Plummer.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-08-2016, 11:05 PM
Lol dude you clearly just don't watch our games. Look at what he did last season with the receivers we had (kb was out). He threw for 35 tds and won the MVP. This was with Ginn as our WR 1. Ted Ginn, as our WR 1. Let that sink in. Behind Ginn he had 50 year old Cotchery, undrafted Cory Brown, and rookie Funch. Yes we still had Olsen but he was constantly double teamed. Finished with the number 1 offense with those guys.

I also don't get all the Alex Smith hate around here, 70% completion and only 2 ints. I'll admit I haven't been watching y'all, what gives?

The strength of the Panthers last season was their run dominant offense where running comprised half of plays (Ranked 2nd out of 32 in rate of running the football). To put that into perspective, Brady was passing on 2/3 of all plays.

I said it earlier this year, Rivera did a fantastic job covering up Cam's inefficiencies and unleashed him where he's best...in the red zone. But Cam is an injury liability now running the ball. The future in Carolina hinges upon Stewart and rebuilding that dominant defense....

You can fondle yourself all you want over the deep balls that worked against garbage teams but that trick wasn't happening on the solid defenses. Facts, not fiction.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-play-pct?date=2016-02-08

Panthersfan4life
11-08-2016, 11:55 PM
Two, three, Five times a game? I mean I still have nightmares of Ryan Simms years ago get burnt over and over so I think it's something for the Chiefs to be concerned about with Cam even today with Dee Ford and Tamba Hali I shouldn't have to worry about it. Dee Ford should be all over Cam I hope he is but I know Cam is able to get away and get loose. So I think I have a valid concern.

Don't be surprised if you don't see it a single time, if thats what you're really worried about you shouldn't be lol. But then again who knows maybe Shula has a different gameplan for the Chiefs that involves hella bootlegs.

Panthersfan4life
11-08-2016, 11:56 PM
Keep posting man. Ignore blackbob.

Haha my intention was to just post here this week but you guys are making me want to stick around, preciate the love.

Discuss Thrower
11-09-2016, 12:12 AM
So did Bubby Brister, Brian Griese and Jake Plummer.

It's 2016 and Eric Hicks *still* can't resist getting sucked in on bootlegs.

TimeForWasp
11-09-2016, 04:55 PM
If we can just keep Kelse from throwing so many flags.

NJChiefsFan
11-09-2016, 05:42 PM
Haha my intention was to just post here this week but you guys are making me want to stick around, preciate the love.

The Panthers have always been my NFC team I like to see win since the Jake Delhomme days.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-09-2016, 05:56 PM
I don't think we're going to be able to run the ball successfully at all, so, I actually think we would really need Maclin now if he can go...

It's pretty simple when you look at the numbers. Carolina shuts down the run game, and they are a sieve against the pass. Tyreek Hill should be targeted deep 3-5 times. Maclin and Conley a couple too (if Maclin plays)...

I expect Sutton to use the 3-3-5 defense plenty this week to counter their run game and their strong interior OL. Ford-Howard-Poe-Jones-Hali on the front wall (assuming Houston is out), DJ in the middle to roam free, and your secondary guys to cover.

TimBone
11-09-2016, 05:59 PM
I don't think we're going to be able to run the ball successfully at all, so, I actually think we would really need Maclin now if he can go...

It's pretty simple when you look at the numbers. Carolina shuts down the run game, and they are a sieve against the pass. Tyreek Hill should be targeted deep 3-5 times. Maclin and Conley a couple too (if Maclin plays)...
I think Conley comes through with a big game this week.

I still believe we come up short, though.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-09-2016, 06:01 PM
I think Conley comes through with a big game this week.

I still believe we come up short, though.

It just feels like a poor matchup for us. They shut down the run, and they run it pretty well. Goes against us big time. I do think our run D will get a huge boost with Houston when he is full go, though. Teams don't even bother trying to run at him.

On the flip side, we should get ample pressure on Cam while I'm not sure they will without blitzing against the Chiefs. The loss of Ehinger hurt the run game, but it probably improved our pass protection slightly.

TimBone
11-09-2016, 06:03 PM
It just feels like a poor matchup for us. They shut down the run, and they run it pretty well. Goes against us big time. I do think our run D will get a huge boost with Houston, though. Teams don't even bother trying to run at him.

On the flip side, we should get ample pressure on Cam while I'm not sure they will without blitzing against the Chiefs. The loss of Ehinger hurt the run game, but it probably improved our pass protection slightly.
I agree with all of that. Their run game versus what I've seen of our Run D lately is kind of alarming.

threebag
11-09-2016, 06:58 PM
It's going to take our A game to win there i think. Go CHIEFS!!!

SAUTO
11-09-2016, 07:45 PM

Fuck tigerbob. He's the guy who always gets picked on and is trying to look cool by talking shit to you.

Stick around, or don't.

jjchieffan
11-09-2016, 10:55 PM

Yep. But he got away with lots of throws past the LOS. I really wish they had the red line on the screen back then like they do now. Then everyone would have seen it. I swear sometimes he was 5 yards or more past the line and would throw the pass complete, but no flag. Ugh! Frustrating. Dirty cheating Donks. Always have been, always will be.

TimBone
11-09-2016, 11:12 PM
I've always liked the Panthers and their fanbase. My two best friends, some buddies from high school, and a former NCO of mine are all Panther fans, and they're all cool as fuck. I don't think I've ever met an obnoxious Panthers fan.

threebag
11-10-2016, 08:00 AM
I don't think I've met November obnoxious Panthers fan.

Channeling your inner Smed?

Direckshun
11-10-2016, 08:58 AM
Can somebody explain to me in 100 words or less why the Panthers have struggled this year?

The big thing I'm concerned about is their run game. If we allow them to shred us like the Jags did, it's game over.

If we can bottle up their run game, Chiefs win this thing.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-10-2016, 09:05 AM
Can somebody explain to me in 100 words or less why the Panthers have struggled this year?

The big thing I'm concerned about is their run game. If we allow them to shred us like the Jags did, it's game over.

If we can bottle up their run game, Chiefs win this thing.

I just did in the other thread. Their turnover differential flipped from last year. The last couple weeks they have gotten better in that regard and not surprisingly they started wining again.

Direckshun
11-10-2016, 09:09 AM
I just did in the other thread. Their turnover differential flipped from last year. The last couple weeks they have gotten better in that regard and not surprisingly they started wining again.

Ugh.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-10-2016, 09:15 AM
Ugh.

Yeah i am a bit concerned this week. The good news is their secondary is complete trash this year.

threebag
11-10-2016, 09:29 AM
It's going to take a complete game. Go CHIEFS!!!

TimBone
11-10-2016, 10:30 AM
Channeling your inner Smed?
Damn it. My phone's autocorrect has been acting really stupid lately. Mix that with the fact that i dont proofread, and there ya go.

Simply Red
11-10-2016, 10:34 AM
we'll be fine.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-10-2016, 11:03 AM
we'll be fine.

But will we?

Direckshun
11-10-2016, 11:21 AM
But will we?

WILL WE??

Simply Red
11-10-2016, 11:23 AM
yes.

Simply Red
11-10-2016, 11:27 AM

you seem nice.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-10-2016, 11:48 AM
you seem nice.

But does he?

Pasta Little Brioni
11-10-2016, 11:49 AM
WILL WE??

We will??

Aspengc8
11-10-2016, 12:05 PM
Going to have to get a under center running game & play action, else this game will be rough. They play a lot of tampa-2 style coverages and Kuechly can run with kelce down the seam.

NJChiefsFan
11-10-2016, 12:20 PM
If you tell me that KC can stop the run and keep Cam from picking up free first downs, I like our chances.

Direckshun
11-10-2016, 12:51 PM
We will??

http://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/giving/images/021014_NU_Logo_Medicine_Purple.jpg

Warrior5
11-10-2016, 03:15 PM
It just feels like a poor matchup for us. They shut down the run, and they run it pretty well. Goes against us big time. I do think our run D will get a huge boost with Houston when he is full go, though. Teams don't even bother trying to run at him.

Uh oh. While I agree completely with your assessment, I was hoping to see your continued optimism...

Sandy Vagina
11-10-2016, 03:22 PM
If you tell me that KC can stop the run and keep Cam from picking up free first downs, I like our chances.

expect Sutton to have a frequent LB/S spy on Cam, then?

MotherfuckerJones
11-10-2016, 03:24 PM
Hopefully being embarrassed against the run last week helps them come out focused this week. They should because they're better on the road usually anyways in terms of focus IMO.

New World Order
11-10-2016, 04:11 PM

QB Spy, Madden 04 style.

Mr. Laz
11-10-2016, 04:36 PM
I assume it will be DJ and Berry that will rotate spy duties.

Only 2 guys that are physical enough to tackle him.

Parker would probably get trucked all game, he'd probably the softest player on our defense.

Sorenson has the heart but not the athleticism.

Sandy Vagina
11-10-2016, 05:17 PM
I assume it will be DJ and Berry that will rotate spy duties.

Only 2 guys that are physical enough to tackle him.

Parker would probably get trucked all game, he'd probably the softest player on our defense.

Sorenson has the heart but not the athleticism.

might be a touchy subject, but does DJ still have the quicks to really pull this off?

NJChiefsFan
11-10-2016, 06:09 PM
QB Spy, Madden 04 style.

My friend always played as Vick and I would put Dante Hall in my quarter defense to spy him. Worked pretty well.

Simply Red
11-10-2016, 06:13 PM
they're watching our every word.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/132183-panthers-vs-chiefs-what-chiefs-fans-are-saying/

Chiefshrink
11-10-2016, 06:28 PM
There is nothing trap about this game. Trap means your opponent is inferior. Panthers aren't inferior and my gut say's this will be an ugly loss much like the shellacking we got from the Steelers. I hope the heck not but they are desperate and are at home.

Dante84
11-10-2016, 06:28 PM
Not sure if it's been discussed, but they may be on a 3rd string Center....

Against Poe.... oh my.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/10/panthers-running-short-of-centers-in-practice/

MotherfuckerJones
11-10-2016, 07:46 PM
I think this defense will be really up for this game. It's natural to play down to shitty opponents. Carolina has a target on them and KC is ready.

MotherfuckerJones
11-10-2016, 07:47 PM
Not sure if it's been discussed, but they may be on a 3rd string Center....

Against Poe.... oh my.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/10/panthers-running-short-of-centers-in-practice/

Plus you can move guys around on him. Poe, Howard, Jones, Houston. Creative blitzes up the middle to cause confusion.

ThaVirus
11-10-2016, 09:47 PM
they're watching our every word.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/132183-panthers-vs-chiefs-what-chiefs-fans-are-saying/

Lost me when dude said Jon Stewart is a better version of Marshawn Lynch.

Simply Red
11-10-2016, 10:00 PM
Lost me when dude said Jon Stewart is a better version of Marshawn Lynch.

one guy said Chiefs fans are cool as shit - I don't mind Carolina - they seem like good people over there.

MotherfuckerJones
11-10-2016, 10:30 PM
My friend always played as Vick and I would put Dante Hall in my quarter defense to spy him. Worked pretty well.

I just used DJ.

NJChiefsFan
11-10-2016, 10:54 PM
I just used DJ.

This was 03 and 04. Greatest games of Madden ever, but kc had no defense. And in that game Vick would have blown by dj.

MotherfuckerJones
11-10-2016, 11:03 PM
This was 03 and 04. Greatest games of Madden ever, but kc had no defense. And in that game Vick would have blown by dj.

Ah ok I was think 2005. Thats when we whipped their asses 56-10

Michael Vick was a fucking cheat code ROFL

RunKC
11-11-2016, 12:06 PM
Michael Oher out with a concussion

BossChief
11-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Michael Oher out with a concussion

He's been out since week 3 with a concussion. They have backups at both tackle spots, center and Cam has already said he doesn't feel safe back there.

Our front 7 has a chance to go off on Cam and the secondary should have lots of opportunities for picks with Cam trying to get rid of the ball right away.

Go get him, boys.

Don't come back unless you have cams head.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-11-2016, 01:07 PM
Hey Panther dudes watching us: Houston IS expected to play this week.

DaneMcCloud
11-11-2016, 01:09 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Coach Reid&#39;s injury update for Sunday vs. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Panthers?src=hash">#Panthers</a>. <br><br>Jeremy Maclin - OUT<br>Jaye Howard - OUT<br>Justin Houston - Most likely as &quot;OUT&quot;</p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/797154110998986752">November 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Easy 6
11-11-2016, 01:13 PM
Damn, hate Houston being out but it doesnt really come as a surprise

Pasta Little Brioni
11-11-2016, 01:14 PM
I've heard differently

Pasta Little Brioni
11-11-2016, 01:22 PM
Hey Panther dudes watching us: Houston IS expected to play this week.

...and never mind. He's out again this week.

rabblerouser
11-11-2016, 01:36 PM
Reid doesn't learn

That's no shit. But other defenses learn "stay within 15 yds of the LOS, and key on the screens".

rabblerouser
11-11-2016, 01:37 PM
I've heard differently

He was activated from the PUP list this week but isn't expected to play. They had to activate him or IR him for the season.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-11-2016, 01:41 PM
He was activated from the PUP list this week but isn't expected to play. They had to activate him or IR him for the season.

Originally 30 min ago ESPN said he was playing against Carolina... they have since changed their tune.

RunKC
11-11-2016, 01:45 PM
Joe Person

Panthers centers Gino Gradkowski and Ryan Kalil are questionable for Sunday's game vs. Chiefs.

Also tweeted this..

Panthers C Ryan Kalil was questionable last wk, didn't play.
Questionable again this wk. My hunch is he sits, Gradkowski starts.

BossChief
11-11-2016, 01:48 PM
They both have bum shoulders and will get raped by Jones/Poe.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-11-2016, 02:11 PM
Cool your jets. If they pound the run like they should, it's gonna be tough to get them in the long yardage needed to tee off

Chief Pagan
11-11-2016, 03:23 PM
Our front 7 has a chance to go off on Cam and the secondary should have lots of opportunities for picks with Cam trying to get rid of the ball right away.

Go get him, boys.

Don't come back unless you have cams head the ref calls the first roughing the pass for Cam in a year and a half.

FYP

carcosa
11-11-2016, 04:35 PM
we!

will!

be!

fine and the chiefs will win the game!!!!