PDA

View Full Version : Football At the halfway point of 2016, who is the best team in the NFL?

tk13
11-06-2016, 11:57 PM
Still one game to go on Monday night, but we're pretty much at the halfway point of the season. Only 5 AFC teams have a winning record. The NFC isn't doing too much better. Believe it or not, the Chiefs have the 4th best record in the league. Early favorites Pittsburgh and Minnesota have faltered, Dallas is hot, Oakland is contending for the first time in a while, and the Patriots just traded away one of their most talented defenders. Who is the best team in the NFL? Poll coming.

Rasputin
11-06-2016, 11:59 PM
************Patriots

oaklandhater
11-06-2016, 11:59 PM
Patriots AFC
Cowboys NFC

KChiefs1
11-07-2016, 12:22 AM
Currently I forecast a Cowboys vs Patriots Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MMXcalibur
11-07-2016, 12:38 AM
Where's the Cleveland Browns option?
They're not bad. Just misunderstood.

ThaVirus
11-07-2016, 12:50 AM
Patriots and Cowboys are easily the class of the NFL.

Next tier down is a jumbled mess of "who knows?"

RobBlake
11-07-2016, 01:58 AM
Patriots and Cowboys are easily the class of the NFL.

Next tier down is a jumbled mess of "who knows?"

THis is why i think the playoffs are gonna be lit as a mother effer. Every team has a strength and a weakness *as far as any team besides NE*

Anyone can really have a shot as things look

tx4chiefs
11-07-2016, 06:37 AM
As much as I want to say Chiefs, I really think it's New England.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-07-2016, 07:03 AM
As long as Brady plays, everyone else is throwing dice.

jjchieffan
11-07-2016, 07:33 AM
I don't see how anyone could possibly pick any teams other than Dallas and New England. But lo and behold, look at the poll results so far. The Chiefs, despite a horrible game yesterday have 3 Homer votes. And the Donks and Faiders each have a vote. I assume that KnowShit has voted, because I doubt that any of the rest of the resident Donk fans are that delusional right now. One vote for Houston?? Houston??? Really???

Reerun_KC
11-07-2016, 07:35 AM
We're the most balanced, have the best depth and the best home field advantage...

I say Chiefs.

Mile High Mania
11-07-2016, 07:35 AM
I don't see how anyone could possibly pick any teams other than Dallas and New England. But lo and behold, look at the poll results so far. The Chiefs, despite a horrible game yesterday have 3 Homer votes. And the Donks and Faiders each have a vote. I assume that KnowShit has voted, because I doubt that any of the rest of the resident Donk fans are that delusional right now. One vote for Houston?? Houston??? Really???

It's Patriots first, Dallas second... bottom line at this point.

Mile High Mania
11-07-2016, 07:36 AM
We're the most balanced, have the best depth and the best home field advantage...

I say Chiefs.

Someone is still drunk.

BossChief
11-07-2016, 08:24 AM
IF Houston returns to 90% of his old self and we get Charles back for the playoffs, this team can beat anyone and win the Super Bowl.

The scary part (for the rest of the league) is this roster stays together next year and is full of young players under a huge and highly touted coaching staff (meaning the roster should continue to improve every year). With a GM that has a great eye for talent.

The future in KC is very bright.

RunKC
11-07-2016, 08:40 AM
I'm taking the Seahawks over the Cowboys. I think their defense is far better and has the speed to stop the rushing attack.

scho63
11-07-2016, 09:49 AM
Patriots AFC
Cowboys NFC

Looks good to me :clap:

Mile High Mania
11-07-2016, 09:52 AM
IF Houston returns to 90% of his old self and we get Charles back for the playoffs, this team can beat anyone and win the Super Bowl.

The scary part (for the rest of the league) is this roster stays together next year and is full of young players under a huge and highly touted coaching staff (meaning the roster should continue to improve every year). With a GM that has a great eye for talent.

The key for the AFC teams behind NE... getting NE away from home in the playoffs. It's tight right now, which is good.

Trivers
11-07-2016, 09:56 AM
Chiefs vs. Seahawks SB.

Why?

Baring injuries, we are the most balanced AFC team.

Rasputin
11-07-2016, 09:57 AM
Super Bowl

Chiefs V Cowboys

The Patriots* are best team and Cowboys but I think things can work out for another team.

KCChiefsFan88
11-07-2016, 09:59 AM
New England with a healthy/pissed off Tom Brady is the best team in the NFL until proven otherwise.

Reerun_KC
11-07-2016, 10:20 AM
New England with a healthy/pissed off Tom Brady is the best team in the NFL until proven otherwise.

I hope we get a shot again at them in the playoffs... There wont be any 7 minute drives to gift them a victory this year..

We will have Houston back... Brady will be wrecked...

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2016, 10:22 AM
New England and Dallas.

It's not even about their 7-1 records but about the way each team is winning, at home and on the road.

Hydrae
11-07-2016, 10:25 AM
Chiefs vs. Seahawks SB.

Why?

Baring injuries, we are the most balanced AFC team.

That would be fucking awesome! My brother is a huge Seachicken fan. We would have a lot of fun with that SB matchup.

O.city
11-07-2016, 10:34 AM
New england and Dallas.

The Cowboys have a potential all time OL and a great rb. Defense is meh, but the offense keeps them off the field.

Amnorix
11-07-2016, 10:59 AM
All I hope is that the Patriots stay healthy. With that, I'll gladly take my chances against the field for the rest of the year.

Certain teams can certainly beat the Patriots, though. Being the best team doesn't make you unbeatable, as the Rams learned in '01 and the Pats learned in '07 (among others).

Reerun_KC
11-07-2016, 11:11 AM
All I hope is that the Patriots stay healthy. With that, I'll gladly take my chances against the field for the rest of the year.

Certain teams can certainly beat the Patriots, though. Being the best team doesn't make you unbeatable, as the Rams learned in '01 and the Pats learned in '07 (among others).

We want that shot at you in the playoffs again...

New World Order
11-07-2016, 11:14 AM
Who picked Houston?

LMAO

Easy 6
11-07-2016, 12:43 PM
Currently I forecast a Cowboys vs Patriots Super Bowl.

They're playing great right now, no doubt... but I'm thinking its a bit premature the way so many are forecasting the Cowboys to the SB

Playoff intensity, talent level and tempo is a different animal and there is no guarantee that Prescott will be up for that challenge as a rookie... I mean, it happens (Roethlisberger), but not very often

Also, 4 of their 7 wins came against the Bears, Browns, Niners and Redskins... not exactly a Murderers Row

Rasputin
11-07-2016, 12:46 PM
How dare the Cowboys be good with a rooky quarterback they drafted?

Chiefs would never attempt this kind of behavior drafting and starting a quarterback same year.

Rasputin
11-07-2016, 12:49 PM

The Patriots just didn't find a way to cheat against the Giants both games but don't worry they will find another way to *win* a Super Bowl before BB calls it quits.

Rain Man
11-07-2016, 12:52 PM
The voting indicates a New England-Kansas City Super Bowl with an exhibition game to be played a couple of weeks later.

Nzoner
11-07-2016, 12:56 PM
After Pittsburgh knocks off the Cowboys next week a few opinions will change.

Predarat
11-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Hate to say it but its the NEP

C3HIEF3S
11-07-2016, 01:02 PM
Patriots

everyone else

Cleveland

oaklandhater
11-07-2016, 01:33 PM

Charles is done man my god.

Amnorix
11-07-2016, 01:35 PM
We want that shot at you in the playoffs again...

And the Patriots will be happy to provide it...

....at Gillette. Hope to see you guys there at the AFCCG!

Amnorix
11-07-2016, 01:37 PM
The Patriots just didn't find a way to cheat against the Giants both games but don't worry they will find another way to *win* a Super Bowl before BB calls it quits.

:rolleyes:

Hydrae
11-07-2016, 01:40 PM
Charles is done man my god.

I'll just drop this link here for you...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000734137/article/chiefs-optimistic-jamaal-charles-will-return-for-playoffs

Hydrae
11-07-2016, 01:41 PM
Maybe a better poll question would have been who is the second best team in the league (or in the AFC for that matter).

oaklandhater
11-07-2016, 01:42 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000734137/article/chiefs-optimistic-jamaal-charles-will-return-for-playoffs

I'll see your post and I'll raise you

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/021106/pro_021106085.shtml

KChiefs1
11-07-2016, 01:44 PM

Really? So there's a chance?

oaklandhater
11-07-2016, 01:47 PM
Really? So there's a chance?

We will always have the memories

Heroes get remembered legends never die

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q7Sj4uHp0s4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hydrae
11-07-2016, 01:50 PM
I'll see your post and I'll raise you

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/021106/pro_021106085.shtml

Fair enough. I remain hopeful even though I don't think he will ever be as good as he was. But a fresh 85% Charles going into the playoffs could be huge (crossing fingers, toes, and eyes)!

lawrenceRaider
11-07-2016, 01:50 PM
NE is the best team in the NFL right now. Any votes for the rest are homerific at best.

oaklandhater
11-07-2016, 01:53 PM
Fair enough. I remain hopeful even though I don't think he will ever be as good as he was. But a fresh 85% Charles going into the playoffs could be huge (crossing fingers, toes, and eyes)!

even at 75% Charles would have been better then west was on Sunday.

We really need to start building some depth at RB next year.

Reerun_KC
11-07-2016, 01:54 PM
And the Patriots will be happy to provide it...

....at Gillette. Hope to see you guys there at the AFCCG!

It will be at arrowhead my friend.

Amnorix
11-07-2016, 03:13 PM
It will be at arrowhead my friend.

Chiefs have:

at Carolina
TB
at Donx
at Falcons
Raiders
Titans
Donx
at Chargers

Patriots (with one game in hand as of now) have:

Seahawks
at Niners
at Jets
Rams
Ravens
at Donx
Jets
at Dolphins

I like my chances!

vailpass
11-07-2016, 03:17 PM
Barring significant injury NE will continue their Rape 2016 tour all the way to the Lombardi.

Buck
11-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Why aren't Chargers listed? Best 4-5 team of all time.

jjchieffan
11-07-2016, 03:26 PM
Chiefs have:

at Carolina
TB
at Donx
at Falcons
Raiders
Titans
Donx
at Chargers

Seahawks
at Niners
at Jets
Rams
Ravens
at Donx
Jets
at Dolphins

I like my chances!

I have to agree. The Patriots should steamroll through that schedule. Seahawks are the toughest game left. HFA is all but guaranteed. I will be happy with a first round bye for the Chiefs. Who knows? Maybe we can shock the world and come out of Foxborough with a win in January. Unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

jjchieffan
11-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Why aren't Chargers listed? Best 4-5 team of all time.

I think that your Chargers are about to go on a little winning streak that will put them right in the playoff hunt. At he Texans, Dolphins and Bucs at home the next 3 games should all be wins. Browns are a gimme. And I think that the Chargers can win against the Panthers and the Fade. Head into KC on week 17. KC has clinched a bye, but NE has clinched HFA, so the Chiefs rest their starters and you guys get another win to finish out 11-5. Drop one, and your still 10-6, which should get you in the playoffs while the Donks are on the outside looking in at 4th place in the division with a 8-8 record.

Mile High Mania
11-07-2016, 03:55 PM
I hate Dallas... more than any team ever, but it's hard to not be impressed with the streak they're on and how they've done it with rookies at QB/RB leading the way. Dak has truly impressed and he's getting it done without leaning on Dez.

The Patriots are going to be the odds on favorite for the umpteenth time as long as they avoid major injury.

They are 3 games up in the division and nobody is going to touch them there.

Seahawks
at Niners
at Jets
Rams
Ravens
at Donx
Jets
at Dolphins

Seahawks will be tough, they might sweat a bit @ NJY and @ MIA... hopefully, Denver can create issues for them in Denver, but not if they play as they did last night.

The Patriots will soundly defeat the 49ers, Jets, Rams, Ravens and Dolphins... that's 13 wins, and that's HFA. That's the AFC title game in NE.

Can the Raiders win there? I dunno... I don't see any other contenders winning there. Barring injury, they're the team from the AFC.

Mile High Mania
11-07-2016, 03:58 PM
I think that your Chargers are about to go on a little winning streak that will put them right in the playoff hunt. At he Texans, Dolphins and Bucs at home the next 3 games should all be wins. Browns are a gimme. And I think that the Chargers can win against the Panthers and the Fade. Head into KC on week 17. KC has clinched a bye, but NE has clinched HFA, so the Chiefs rest their starters and you guys get another win to finish out 11-5. Drop one, and your still 10-6, which should get you in the playoffs while the Donks are on the outside looking in at 4th place in the division with a 8-8 record.

Problem is, SD will let every team they play compete for the win.

@ HOU, @ CAR... Raiders and Chiefs - those are going to be 4 very hard games for the Chargers to win. They have absolutely no room for error.

Miami and Tampa will give them everything they want as well.

Rasputin
11-07-2016, 04:13 PM
Patriots win another Super Bowl NFL is rigged and or they cheated (again).

I don't see how they can be so good for so long.

They've had sanctions and draft picks taken away with star player suspensions. Just how bad is the rest of the league to allow them to have so much success?

Garcia Bronco
11-07-2016, 04:43 PM
New...wait for it...England. New England.

Garcia Bronco
11-07-2016, 04:45 PM

They've had sanctions and draft picks taken away with star player suspensions. Just how bad is the rest of the league to allow them to have so much success?

It's their division. It's shit and has been shit for the better part of two decades. Hats off to the Pats. They have made it that way. The Pats force the other teams to make frequent changes that just don't work.

sedated
11-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Cowboys will put Romo back in at QB and he'll start shltting games away again.

JoeyChuckles
11-07-2016, 04:50 PM
I still think Dallas will get figured out a bit. And I think one of Arizona, Carolina, or Seattle will figure it all out and go on a long winning streak.

OnTheWarpath15
11-07-2016, 04:50 PM

Part of it is that they are willing to do things that other teams won't.

They have no problem cutting popular players, not re-signing FA's, etc. They firmly believe in Next Man Up - and that anyone who buys into the system will be successful in the system.

Hell, they just traded arguably their best defensive player in the middle of the season. Imagine us trading Hali in the middle of 2014 because he was freelancing and about to become a part time player?

Other teams are fucking retarded, and hang on to players to long, dole out huge contracts that they'll never see value on, etc.

And the teams in the AFCE are the worst about it - they are chasing their tails trying to keep up, making more mistakes in the process.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-07-2016, 04:52 PM
On every ESPN show today at some point they talked about the Raiders possibly being the biggest threat to NE in the playoffs, and on every one of those segments someone refuted the idea with the Chiefs being the biggest threat.

OnTheWarpath15
11-07-2016, 04:56 PM
On every ESPN show today at some point they talked about the Raiders possibly being the biggest threat to NE in the playoffs, and on every one of those segments someone refuted the idea with the Chiefs being the biggest threat.

I don't expect anyone to truly threaten NE unless they have an explosive offense. Because even Denver isn't stopping them at this point - especially with NE having HFA.

Not going to be shocked when the "Fuck you, NFL" Tour 2016 ends in Houston with a 18-1 Patriots team.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-07-2016, 05:06 PM
I don't expect anyone to truly threaten NE unless they have an explosive offense. Because even Denver isn't stopping them at this point - especially with NE having HFA.

Not going to be shocked when the "**** you, NFL" Tour 2016 ends in Houston with a 18-1 Patriots team.

That's what we said last year.... the Patriots aren't as talented this season as last, IMO.

When all is said and done, health is going to play a HUGE role. Who knows who teams may or may not have come playoff time. The Chiefs need to finally have their core pieces healthy to have a chance, and if the Patriots are missing a piece or two, it'd go a LONG way.

OnTheWarpath15
11-07-2016, 05:09 PM
That's what we said last year.... the Patriots aren't as talented this season as last, IMO.

When all is said and done, health is going to play a HUGE role. Who knows who teams may or may not have come playoff time. The Chiefs need to finally have their core pieces healthy to have a chance, and if the Patriots are missing a piece or two, it'd go a LONG way.

The Patriots had like 17 guys on IR last year, IIRC.

There are no healthy teams in January, I'm growing very tired of that excuse.

Amnorix
11-07-2016, 05:10 PM

[b]They've had sanctions and draft picks taken away with star player suspensions. Just how bad is the rest of the league to allow them to have so much success?

Yes, the NFL keeps tryign to fuck the Patriots to create "parity", but it doesn't seem to work too well.

Honestly, I think BB is light years ahead of the other coaches in the NFL, and Brady is the best ever.

Gronk being possibly the best TE ever puts them into the cat-bird's seat, so long as they stay reasonably healthy.

NFL rule changes have eliminated other ways to win, to some degree. Power-rush team a la the 80s Redskins? Too fucking bad, you're not winning it all. Great on special teams? yeah, well, fewer kickoff returns and no way to rush a field goal kicker really. Great defense? Well, better be REALLY great, because we're neutering defense.

If there were 5 formulas to get to the SB in the 80s, there's like 2 now.

jjchieffan
11-07-2016, 05:11 PM

Seems like the Patriots had some important guys, like Brink maybe? Out at the end of the season and got them baxk over the bye week.

Amnorix
11-07-2016, 05:12 PM
It's their division. It's shit and has been shit for the better part of two decades. Hats off to the Pats. They have made it that way. The Pats force the other teams to make frequent changes that just don't work.

It's really not. Indy had the same with the AFC South. Packers with NFC North. Patriots won/loss record outside the division is about the same as inside.

It's Belichick and Brady. People underrate Belichick as GM. Like MASSIVELY underrate him. His salary cap maneuverings and draft pick manipulations are amazing. Does he HIT on a higher percentage of draft picks than most? Nope. But he builds a system that takes advantage of every possible method to acquire talent, and always has enough, plus Tom MF Brady.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-07-2016, 05:13 PM

Can you name a single one of them for NE? I won't even count Charles, but did they hurt as bad as losing Houston, Maclin, Morse, or LDT?

No...

Amnorix
11-07-2016, 05:14 PM
Seems like the Patriots had some important guys, like Brink maybe? Out at the end of the season and got them baxk over the bye week.

Pats had stupid bad luck with health last year. They were 10-0 to start, but the injuries piled up and went 6-4 or whatever down the stretch. So far this year, having GOOD luck. If that keeps up, look out NFL!

OnTheWarpath15
11-07-2016, 05:14 PM

I was wrong.

It was 19 guys on IR.

Including two starting OL, Jerod Mayo, Blount, Develin, Dion Lewis and Dom Easley.

OnTheWarpath15
11-07-2016, 05:16 PM
Can you name a single one of them for NE? I won't even count Charles, but did they hurt as bad as losing Houston, Maclin, Morse, or LDT?

No...

Sure, just their starting RB, 3rd down back, fullback, two starting OL, Dom Easley and Jerod Mayo.

Just your typical JAG's.

:facepalm:

OnTheWarpath15
11-07-2016, 05:17 PM
It's really not. Indy had the same with the AFC South. Packers with NFC North. Patriots won/loss record outside the division is about the same as inside.

It's Belichick and Brady. People underrate Belichick as GM. Like MASSIVELY underrate him. His salary cap maneuverings and draft pick manipulations are amazing. Does he HIT on a higher percentage of draft picks than most? Nope. But he builds a system that takes advantage of every possible method to acquire talent, and always has enough, plus Tom MF Brady.

Spot on.

O.city
11-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Sure, just their starting RB, 3rd down back, fullback, two starting OL, Dom Easley and Jerod Mayo.

Just your typical JAG's.

Eh, they're good players, but at that point, they weren't a huge detriment.

If they were without Gronk and Edelman, and had no Chandler Jones, it would have been different.

But injuries happen and thats a big part of the playoffs, whose the least injured.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-07-2016, 05:23 PM

Just your typical JAG's.

They cut Easley this offseason, Mayo was average at best last year, fullbacks are used maybe 10% of the snaps, and they always have a capable 3rd down back.

No one on that list even comes close to Houston or Maclin. Not f*cking close.

OnTheWarpath15
11-07-2016, 05:28 PM
They cut Easley this offseason, Mayo was average at best last year, fullbacks are used maybe 10% of the snaps, and they always have a capable 3rd down back.

No one on that list even comes close to Houston or Maclin. Not ****ing close.

Yep, the whole team sucks.

Thanks for the conversation!

O.city
11-07-2016, 05:30 PM
I would like to see the Chiefs with their full deck go into New England this year (minus the guys already on IR, they aint' coming back).

Mile High Mania
11-07-2016, 05:30 PM

Solid points. Those divisions have been marred with far too many bad coaching decisions, knee jerk firings and crappy drafts.

Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Vikings... over the last 15 years, how many new QBs have those teams had? Cutler and Stafford have been around a while, but they haven't lifted those teams up.

Legit QBs (Manning, Brady, Rogers) have owned those divisions. It's all about the QB and the lack of having one.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-07-2016, 05:32 PM
Yep, the whole team sucks.

Thanks for the conversation!

Dude, don't put words in my mouth.

Houston is our best player and Maclin was our best offensive weapon last year. Game changers.

That would be like NE not having Gronk and Chandler Jones. Not the dudes you just named. Get real.

OnTheWarpath15
11-07-2016, 05:39 PM
Dude, don't put words in my mouth.

Houston is our best player and Maclin was our best offensive weapon last year. Game changers.

That would be like NE not having Gronk and Chandler Jones. Not the dudes you just named. Get real.

Easley got cut a year later = trash.

If we lost two OL at ANY time, this place would be flipping shit.

19 guys on IR. That's only 35% of the active roster. 35% of next man up.

This place bitches and moans when a guy or two are out.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-07-2016, 05:42 PM
This team doesn't need Charles at this point.

We need a healthy Maclin, Ware, and Houston. Just like last season, that all-pro crew healthy can beat anyone.

Rasputin
11-07-2016, 05:46 PM
Solid points. Those divisions have been marred with far too many bad coaching decisions, knee jerk firings and crappy drafts.

Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Vikings... over the last 15 years, how many new QBs have those teams had? Cutler and Stafford have been around a while, but they haven't lifted those teams up.

Legit QBs (Manning, Brady, Rogers) have owned those divisions. It's all about the QB and the lack of having one.

Indy has a solid quarterback that for sum fluke reason the Colts ended up having the #1 pick and luxury to draft a prospect like Andrew Luck but they don't have a clue to how to build a team around him and they are wasting his talents. I don't feel sorry for him or Colts but to say all you need is a quarterback I think there is much more to it but I want a quarterback from the draft to build a successful team around. The Colts also probably over paid this talent so they handcuffed themselves to protect their assets with quality line and give him weapons.

I think they are better off than we are in terms of quarterback but if they can't protect him their investment wont be paying off in dividends. I think it's important get the quarterback first and build your team around him but having the luck to have a guy there is a big part of finding that quarterback. Although developing quarterbacks is something the Patriots must be good at because they have plugged in other quarterbacks in Brady absence and still find success so this is all confusing me other than I want to draft a Quarterback.

MIAdragon
11-07-2016, 05:50 PM
We're the best team?! Some serious homer antifreeze going around this evening.

Rasputin
11-07-2016, 05:51 PM

We need a healthy Maclin, Ware, and Houston. Just like last season, that all-pro crew healthy can beat anyone.

I think we can move away from Maclin as our younger receivers contribute and get playing time that gets them better so I'm not so worried about Maclin except for depth we need depth as it's always important. I want Wilson and Conley to get more opportunities thrown their way and #10 too.

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2016, 06:00 PM

What? LDT and Morse were out with concussions for several games. Fulton played left guard and center. Stephenson played LT, LG and RT. Jah Reid played RG and RT. Fisher played RT and LT.

There was ZERO continuity on the offensive line last year, some of which bled into this year. There was a reason why the Chiefs offense was so anemic in Houston back in September and that's because Fulton started for Ehinger and Reid started for LDT.

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2016, 06:01 PM
We're the best team?! Some serious homer antifreeze going around this evening.

SI has the Chiefs ranked #3, behind the Pats and Cowboys.

Face it: The Chiefs are a good team.

oaklandhater
11-07-2016, 06:04 PM

Well we were pretty healthly when we played the Texans and they rocked us.

oaklandhater
11-07-2016, 06:05 PM

our offense will let every team we play hang with us that's the issue I have with this team.

OnTheWarpath15
11-07-2016, 06:08 PM

No argument that we're a good team.

I guess we'll find out in 6-7 weeks if we're better than good.

MIAdragon

The question wasn't "are the Chiefs good" that's proven, it asked if they were the best, can't see the argument for that. IMO it's a distant 3rd at best.

DaneMcCloud
Well we were pretty healthly when we played the Texans and they rocked us.

No, they were not. Both starting guards were out that game, hence poor pass protection and very few holes for Ware.

It's not surprising in the least that the holes weren't there yesterday with Ehinger out, who's definitely an upgrade over Fulton.

Hopefully, Mike Person can step in and take over the LG spot from Fulton soon and that he's an upgrade.

Fulton's a statue.

MIAdragon
11-07-2016, 06:09 PM
No argument that we're a good team.

I guess we'll find out in 6-7 weeks if we're better than good.

Smart man.

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2016, 06:12 PM
The question wasn't "are the Chiefs good" that's proven, it asked if they were the best, can't see the argument for that. IMO it's a distant 3rd at best.

I don't think I'd use the adjective "distant" when describing the Chiefs, Cowboys and Patriots.

The return of a healthy Houston puts this team firmly in the #2 spot for me and I think the Chiefs and Patriots would be a close game on a neutral spot.

OnTheWarpath15
11-07-2016, 06:16 PM
I don't think I'd use the adjective "distant" when describing the Chiefs, Cowboys and Patriots.

The return of a healthy Houston puts this team firmly in the #2 spot for me and I think the Chiefs and Patriots would be a close game on a neutral spot.

I appreciate your Chiefs-colored glasses, M. I really do. No bullshit.

But Houston doesn't fix this run defense, and FFS - Elliott would go berserk against us right now. I have a hard time putting us ahead of any team with a solid run offense.

We're a good team, no doubt. I certainly hope you're right and I'm wrong come January.

Reerun_KC
11-07-2016, 06:17 PM

Yep. They have over all team depth, balance on offense, good defense,

Reid and Smith are the keys to our success. I don't see anything standing in the way once Smith comes back next week.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Easley got cut a year later = trash.

19 guys on IR. That's only 35% of the active roster. 35% of next man up.

This place bitches and moans when a guy or two are out.

Let me just put it this way. Last year, we had no Houston or Maclin for the playoff game.

Deal Denver that same hand. They don't have Miller or Emmanuel Sanders for the playoffs. Do they win the Super Bowl?

:hmmm:

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2016, 06:40 PM
I appreciate your Chiefs-colored glasses, M. I really do. No bullshit.

But Houston doesn't fix this run defense, and FFS - Elliott would go berserk against us right now. I have a hard time putting us ahead of any team with a solid run offense.

We're a good team, no doubt. I certainly hope you're right and I'm wrong come January.

I'm not concerned about the run defense as long as the pass defense is holding teams to 14 points or less.

Atlanta will be a big test. On the road, an offense that's playing lights out and maybe the best WR in the football.

I have that down as a loss but if they win, look out.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-07-2016, 06:42 PM
I'm not concerned about the run defense as long as the pass defense is holding teams to 14 points or less.

Atlanta will be a big test. On the road, an offense that's playing lights out and maybe the best WR in the football.

I have that down as a loss but if they win, look out.

Houston and Ford will be getting after Ryan's ass by then. He won't have time for deep shots to Jones like he often does.

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2016, 06:48 PM
Houston and Ford will be getting after Ryan's ass by then. He won't have time for deep shots to Jones like he often does.

I hope you're right but I see this as the biggest challenge of the season.

I'm less concerned about Denver at home or away, the Raiders at home, etc.

They need to play lights out in Atlanta.

MahiMike
11-07-2016, 06:51 PM
Overall teamwise, I had to go with the Raiders. New England and Dallas are top 3.

jjchieffan
11-07-2016, 07:09 PM
Overall teamwise, I had to go with the Raiders. New England and Dallas are top 3.

Put down the crack pipe man. Faiders best team overall??? Have you seen that defense? Did you see what we did to them? The Fade are a much improved team, and a likely playoff team, but they are not the best overall team in the league. They may be in the conversation for top 5. Maybe. I put them behind NE, Dallas, KC then a huge drop off to 4th. You have a cluster there of Seattle, San Diego, Atlanta, and the Fade. Mix and match those 4 however you like. So Faiders 4-7.

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2016, 07:45 PM

The same Raiders that lost to the Chiefs at home?

The same Raiders that went to OT against Tampa Bay, a 2-5 team?

Rain Man
11-07-2016, 08:26 PM
I think NFL Network just screwed up. They announced a poll on whether we think it'll be Dallas or New England winning the Super Bowl. No other choices, no hypotheticals. It was just, "So, which will it be? Dallas or New England?"

I'm going to make a note of this post.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-07-2016, 08:38 PM
Someone is still drunk.

Narcotics.

Amnorix
11-08-2016, 07:44 AM

No...

Last year? Oh, fuck yes. Our two best RBs, our starting FB, our starting left tackle, one of our starting guards, our starting middle linebacker, and key depth at a number of positions, including CB and LB, which affected special teams. Sure, none of those guys individually is as good as Houston, but collectively, it had a HUGE impact. There's a reason we went from 10-0 to start the year to wheezing through the final six games and then losing in the playoffs!

DaneMcCloud
11-08-2016, 08:31 AM
Last year? Oh, fuck yes. Our two best RBs, our starting FB, our starting left tackle, one of our starting guards, our starting middle linebacker, and key depth at a number of positions, including CB and LB, which affected special teams. Sure, none of those guys individually is as good as Houston, but collectively, it had a HUGE impact. There's a reason we went from 10-0 to start the year to wheezing through the final six games and then losing in the playoffs!

BB is the reason the Patriots lost in Denver. He kept going for it on 4th down when a FG would have sufficed. He made the most confounding decisions I'd ever seen him make.

It was like Bizarro BB.

Amnorix
11-08-2016, 08:37 AM
BB is the reason the Patriots lost in Denver. He kept going for it on 4th down when a FG would have sufficed. He made the most confounding decisions I'd ever seen him make.

It was like Bizarro BB.

There were multiple reasons we lost in Denver, including BB, and Ghost missing his first point after attempt EVER.

I'm perfectly fine with blaming BB, however, the blame for him starts before we ever got to Denver, by losing two games that we should NEVER have lost (Philly and Miami), in VERY large part due to terrible coaching decisions.

If we win either of those games we have HFA and I don't believe we would have lost to Denver if it had been at Gillette.

It was, seriously, the worst year of BB coaching I can remember. Multiple strategic and tactical mistakes, a couple instances of weird/bad clock management at the end of the half or game, which NEVER happens with BB/Brady. Yeah....bizzarro BB. No sign of it so far this year however.

[conspiracy theorist]BB had to manufacture home field for Peyton so he had a plausible chance of beating the Patriots, so the NFL could crown his ass on the way out the door.[/conspiracy theorist]

NJChiefsFan
11-08-2016, 10:01 AM

I don't really disagree here.

Problem for KC is that the game won't be played on a neutral site. It will be played in NE in all likelihood, and their stats their are well known. If we go to NE, we will need to play at our highest level, including game management, and not walk in playing not to lose.

Last year? Oh, **** yes. Our two best RBs, our starting FB, our starting left tackle, one of our starting guards, our starting middle linebacker, and key depth at a number of positions, including CB and LB, which affected special teams. Sure, none of those guys individually is as good as Houston, but collectively, it had a HUGE impact. There's a reason we went from 10-0 to start the year to wheezing through the final six games and then losing in the playoffs!

A reason why I don't think KC being healthy is all that we need to beat NE. We need a different attitude, and better execution from the players in the red zone so far this year. People talk about KC's injuries, and while NE did get key players back, the injury bug was working for them as well.

And odds are, somebody big will be missing for KC and/or NE should a rematch occur.

GoChargers
11-08-2016, 10:09 AM
The Cheatriots - until their newest cheating tactic gets exposed and we have to put an asterisk on yet another season.

Amnorix
11-08-2016, 10:12 AM
A reason why I don't think KC being healthy is all that we need to beat NE. We need a different attitude, and better execution from the players in the red zone so far this year. People talk about KC's injuries, and while NE did get key players back, the injury bug was working for them as well.

And odds are, somebody big will be missing for KC and/or NE should a rematch occur.

The Patriots have dominated the NFL to a large extent over the last 15 years, and seem to have a great team this year, but as always there are weaknesses. Sometimes they overcome them, and sometimes they don't. SB wins were well within reach in '06, '07, '11 and last year, but the Pats couldn't overcome the issues they had.

The pass-rush seems very weak so far this year (some players seem to be underperforming, and at other times it seems schematic), and the OLine as usual has some questions, though they've been ok so far. Third down/red area was a problem early in the year but has been corrected, seemingly.

But Brady, the skill position players and the DLine have been excellent. If we can get HFA, then I will take my chances against anyone. All teams have warts... And then, of course, there's random luck -- from the refs to the bounce of the ball. Chiefs with a good, balanced team and a good pass rush (assuming Houston is back and effective) will have as good a chance as anyone.

The more I see of Siemen the less I think of him. He's a noodle arm with decent accuracy but limited game management abilities.

Rausch
11-08-2016, 10:57 AM
I don't really disagree here.

Problem for KC is that the game won't be played on a neutral site. It will be played in NE in all likelihood, and their stats their are well known. If we go to NE, we will need to play at our highest level, including game management, and not walk in playing not to lose.

On top of this we are a beat up team right now. And even when Houston returns it will be a while before he's in game shape.

Hell, last week by the end of the game the only real starters on offense playing were offensive lineman.

The impressive thing was winning last week with a combination of our 2nd and 3rd string offense...