PDA

View Full Version : Football Why is the NFL a better league...

KChiefs1
11-07-2016, 01:42 PM
When the Raiders & Cowboys are great?

I've heard it at least ten times today alone.

Please explain it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buehler445
11-07-2016, 01:45 PM
Big fan bases?

IDK. Fuck both those teams.

lawrenceRaider
11-07-2016, 01:45 PM
No one cares about KC beyond a 150-200 mile radius. Cowboys and Raiders have nation wide fan bases, and both teams despite recent years (decade+) of suckitude have a history of greatness.

bishop_74
11-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Pretty sure viewership is down so...

jjchieffan
11-07-2016, 01:47 PM
It's not. Nut both teams have big fanbases so while that is better for the league, it doesn't make the league better. If I get a better job, that's better for me, but does it make me a better person? No. Same thing here.

Best22
11-07-2016, 01:49 PM

Please explain it to me.

Raiders are overhyped. Their one of "those" teams, when they are actually good.

You guys don't realize this because of how long Oakland has stunk, but just watch the media bloh them harder than the Broncos

Hydrae
11-07-2016, 01:52 PM
Pretty sure viewership is down so...

Even with those teams doing so well this year. :hmmm:

Rasputin
11-07-2016, 02:03 PM
No one cares about KC beyond a 150-200 mile radius. [/B]Cowboys and Raiders have nation wide fan bases, and both teams despite recent years (decade+) of suckitude have a history of greatness.

Those are called bandwagoners. That's all they are.

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2016, 02:11 PM

In the past it, was due to viewership and TV ratings. It's hard to state that this year when the ratings are off by 20% or more.

But I do agree that from a League standpoint, the league is better off when it's large market share teams like the Giants, Eagles, Redskins, 49ers, Raiders, Cowboys, Bears, Packers and now, the LA Rams, are winning, if not elite, teams.

I actually prefer the years when the AFC West isn't a cakewalk like it's been in years past. More competitive teams makes for better games and more of an even playing field in the division.

Denver's pretty much had a cakewalk through the AFC West the past few years but as we've seen already in 2016, their road is much tougher due to the fact that the Raiders, Chargers and Chiefs are fielding much better teams overall.

Rooster
11-07-2016, 02:24 PM
One of the talking heads on my radio machine said the NFL isn't better when the Raiders are good it's more that the NFL was good the last time the Raiders were.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Sandy Vagina
11-07-2016, 02:28 PM

Please explain it to me.

It's time for the NFL to hype up the next batch of exciting young QBs. They are seeing the end of the road soon for Brady, Brees, etc.. and have determined that in this QB-driven league.. it is a must to keep the sheep drooling for these young QBoTF.

idk.. just a wild theory, and not one I put much time or gaf on. :p

NJChiefsFan
11-07-2016, 05:45 PM
Teams to hate also drive interest. At least it does for me. I enjoy watching games when I strongly dislike one of the teams and I am rooting against them. Where there are teams that a lot of people love, there are a lot of people that then hate them as well.

ClevelandBronco
11-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Happy Latinos, happy league.

Deberg_1990
11-07-2016, 05:49 PM
Because they are teams that have huge fans bases, but also large volumes of haters. It drives up interest

ModSocks
11-07-2016, 05:51 PM
I heard the same thing about the Chiefs a few years ago. Not sure why i still remember it but i do.

Something to the tune of, "The NFL is better when the Chiefs are winning".

Essentially, all they're saying is that it's good when storied franchises are no longer gutter trash so they can...you know...actually talk about these storied franchises again.

Mile High Mania
11-07-2016, 05:54 PM
Decades of excellence, storied names and lots of fans... they were big time when the league became "the thing to watch".

|Zach|
11-07-2016, 06:08 PM
Don't care about the Cowboys.

The only thing that can make me even begin to consider watching a non Chiefs NFL game are the Raiders or Broncos playing.

TimBone
11-07-2016, 06:11 PM

The only thing that can make me even begin to consider watching a non Chiefs NFL game are the Raiders or Broncos playing.
Thanks for sharing.

|Zach|
11-07-2016, 06:12 PM
Thanks for sharing.

Message board and all.

Chief Roundup
11-07-2016, 06:19 PM
How can it be a better league when ratings are in the toilet? They are just saying something to have something to say.

jjchieffan
11-07-2016, 06:40 PM
You would have thought that last night's game would have been a boost to the ratings being the Raiders are so good for the NFL and the Donks are the Superfarce Champs. Both teams come in with a 6-2 record, so it was between 2 teams perceived to be good in a rivalry division game. That should have been a big ratings game. Nope.

The Broncos-Raiders game drew an 11.7 overnight rating, down significantly from last year’s Week 9 Sunday Night matchup between the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys. That game drew a 14.7 rating.

And it wasn’t just the primetime game: according to Sports Business Journal’s Austin Karp, ratings for the national CBS afternoon games were also down 20 percent compared to Week 9 in 2015, and the Fox window at 1 p.m. was down 9 percent.

As noted by Pro Football Talk’s Michael David Smith, ratings have now been down in 26 of the 27 NFL primetime games this season.

Deberg_1990
11-07-2016, 06:53 PM

We don't care about the MLS

MahiMike
11-07-2016, 06:59 PM
This pisses me off to no end. The Cowboys are obnoxious enough without a winning record. Now I can't turn on the TV without hearing about them.

|Zach|
11-08-2016, 03:28 AM
We don't care about the MLS

Under your skin.

tx4chiefs
11-08-2016, 07:07 AM
It's not. Nut both teams have big fanbases so while that is better for the league, it doesn't make the league better. If I get a better job, that's better for me, but does it make me a better person? No. Same thing here.

Agreed.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-08-2016, 10:52 AM
You would have thought that last night's game would have been a boost to the ratings being the Raiders are so good for the NFL and the Donks are the Superfarce Champs. Both teams come in with a 6-2 record, so it was between 2 teams perceived to be good in a rivalry division game. That should have been a big ratings game. Nope.

The Broncos-Raiders game drew an 11.7 overnight rating, down significantly from last year’s Week 9 Sunday Night matchup between the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys. That game drew a 14.7 rating.

And it wasn’t just the primetime game: according to Sports Business Journal’s Austin Karp, ratings for the national CBS afternoon games were also down 20 percent compared to Week 9 in 2015, and the Fox window at 1 p.m. was down 9 percent.

As noted by Pro Football Talk’s Michael David Smith, ratings have now been down in 26 of the 27 NFL primetime games this season.

I'm telling you man, that abortion of a Super Farce turned off a TON of fans. No one bought that as legit. There is a huge number of fans tgat think the NFL is WWE like. Mumble mumble Budweiser.

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2016, 11:42 AM

Please explain it to me.

Member berries

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ndI9vkgw_1Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BWillie
11-08-2016, 12:31 PM
No one cares about KC beyond a 150-200 mile radius. Cowboys and Raiders have nation wide fan bases, and both teams despite recent years (decade+) of suckitude have a history of greatness.

Unfortunately you are right.

kcxiv
11-08-2016, 03:33 PM
Big fan bases?

IDK. **** both those teams.
Thats it right there. huge fan bases and thread over.