PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Halfway point of the season: Grade Eric Fisher year-to-date

JimNasium
11-07-2016, 07:11 PM
He's in his fourth year now, was extended during the off-season and has been semi (mostly) controversial during his 3 1/2 years in a Chief's uniform. This year I've not read much about him though. Give me an assessment please, fatty experts. How's he doing in his fourth year in the league?

keg in kc
11-07-2016, 07:16 PM
When you're not hearing much about a left tackle, it means he's paying well.

jjchieffan
11-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Playing better than our best RT in the league that we signed in the offseason. I think PFF usually gives him good grades most games.

KChiefs1
11-07-2016, 07:25 PM
Chiefs aren't paying a lot for their OL in general($15.3M) compared to some other teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deberg_1990
11-07-2016, 07:29 PM
much better than Brandon Albert

JimNasium
11-07-2016, 07:32 PM

Hey Keg, in retrospect, was he the right choice at 1:1?

In58men
11-07-2016, 07:33 PM
much better than Brandon Albert

ROFL his pass blocking "slightly" better than Alberts. Not worthy of the 1st pick bro.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161108/20b9aaaace367c3ff091b63da9da3931.jpg

Chief Northman
11-07-2016, 07:37 PM
ROFL his pass blocking "slightly" better than Alberts. Not worthy of the 1st pick bro.

How anyone takes your posts as having any credibility is beyond me.

Third Eye
11-07-2016, 07:38 PM

Cherry pick your stats much?

In58men
11-07-2016, 07:39 PM

Stats don't lie. He's mediocre at best.

Marcellus
11-07-2016, 07:39 PM

You assume anyone does.

Marcellus
11-07-2016, 07:41 PM
Solid B heading towards a B+ or an A depending on how the next 8 games and playoffs go.

jjchieffan

Even if they are equal, he's been a lot cheaper than Albert for equal performance. Personally, I think he;s the better tackle. I don't try to keep up with him, but I think that Albert has had back problems and has struggled for extended times since leaving KC. Nobody here wanted him as the first overall pick, but it was a bad draft year. There was nobody worthy of the first overall pick in that draft. So just get over it already. He was as good of a choice as anyone, and when we lost Albert he filled an important need over the time. He was the right choice.

DaneMcCloud

No one does.

He's an assclown and a spammer.

Ignore him and his gigantic head.

In58men
11-07-2016, 07:45 PM
Even if they are equal, he's been a lot cheaper than Albert for equal performance. Personally, I think he;s the better tackle. I don't try to keep up with him, but I think that Albert has had back problems and has struggled for extended times since leaving KC. Nobody here wanted him as the first overall pick, but it was a bad draft year. There was nobody worthy of the first overall pick in that draft. So just get over it already. He was as good of a choice as anyone, and when we lost Albert he filled an important need over the time. He was the right choice.

I'm over it, I was just posting to show you homers he's mediocre.

Reerun_KC
11-07-2016, 07:51 PM
Solid B heading towards a B+ or an A depending on how the next 8 games and playoffs go.

Yep. I was critical sat first. But now he is a lock down top3-5 Lt in the NFL.

On the track to be Willie Rolf level good.

I'm a fan.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-07-2016, 07:53 PM
Chiefs aren't paying a lot for their OL in general($15.3M) compared to some other teams.

Yep and you compare it to what the raiders have spent which is about double that... They pay for it with crap defense. At least Carr gets a clean pocket routinely

Direckshun
11-07-2016, 07:54 PM
Dorsey has made three 1st round picks and they've all panned out.

You can throw Chris Jones in there since he was our de facto first pick this year.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-07-2016, 07:55 PM
I'm over it, I was just posting to show you homers he's mediocre.

Literally just trolling in 80% of your posts, ruining threads. Time for the ban hammer

Rain Man
11-07-2016, 07:56 PM

Yeah, this pretty much tells the whole story. I'd tell the story like this:

1. Left tackle isn't a problem with Fisher there.
2. Left tackle is an important position.
3. Fisher was the best player available in his draft among the top 10 or 20 prospects.

Fisher is doing great.

Deberg_1990
11-07-2016, 07:57 PM
How is Joeckel doing these days? Did he play yesterday?

In58men
11-07-2016, 07:58 PM
Literally just trolling in 80% of your posts, ruining threads. Time for the ban hammer

I'm trolling by staying on topic and posting legitimate stats?

Good thing you're not a mod.

O.city
11-07-2016, 08:03 PM
Legitimate stats? Lol

In58men
11-07-2016, 08:04 PM
Legitimate stats? Lol

Do you have something different?

Marcellus
11-07-2016, 08:05 PM

They are called eyeballs and a functional brain.

O.city
11-07-2016, 08:05 PM
When you have to cherry pick a stat there and re arrange the chart to move a guy down, yeah, I don't put alot of stock in that

jjchieffan
11-07-2016, 08:07 PM
Yeah it's kinda nice hitting on so many draft picks. And not just in the first round. We have everyone on our offensive line save Schwartz that are Dorsey draft picks. Plus he's hit only Conley, Kelce, Hill. And that's just on offense. If he keeps drafting like this, and hits on a quarterback, this team could be the next dynasty. I'm excited.

Red Dawg
11-07-2016, 08:11 PM
If he hits on QB they should rename the stadium after him. It's only been like 50 effing years since we had a stud at QB.

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2016, 08:11 PM
I'm trolling by staying on topic and posting legitimate stats?

Good thing you're not a mod.

Legitimate?

ROFL

You're Claynus, Jr.

beach tribe
11-07-2016, 08:19 PM

I'm a fan.

Did you mean Willie Roaf?

And if so, I want to get you up to speed on reality.

There isn't a T in this league that is even close to W. Roaf level.

In58men
11-07-2016, 08:19 PM

Go see a optometrist and a brain surgeon.

RunKC
11-07-2016, 08:24 PM
He's given up 2 sacks in 8 games. He's so horrible guys

RunKC
11-07-2016, 08:29 PM
Can you imagine if Fisher was missing a handful of games every year? This place would put him in Moeaki territory.

Albert has missed 11 of the Dolphins 42 games since he signed there. That's less than 70% availability to play.

splatbass
11-07-2016, 08:29 PM
He's in his fourth year now, was extended during the off-season and has been semi (mostly) controversial during his 3 1/2 years in a Chief's uniform. This year I've not read much about him though. Give me an assessment please, fatty experts. How's he doing in his fourth year in the league?

Only controversial to the idiots that wanted to draft Geno Smith instead. Or any of the other draft bust QBs from that year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-07-2016, 08:56 PM

How about YOU get the fucking "ban hammer" you Taliban toilet-sweeper?

Reerun_KC
11-07-2016, 09:03 PM

That's subjective don't you think. That allows for personal opinions and emotions to skew the personal take on it.

In58men
11-07-2016, 09:07 PM
How about YOU get the ****ing "ban hammer" you Taliban toilet-sweeper?

https://i.imgflip.com/f5vwu.gif

Psyko Tek
11-07-2016, 09:08 PM

Madden was that last time you heard if they kicked ass
no noise is good noise, but for the draft pick he should be bulldozing people

Psyko Tek
11-07-2016, 09:12 PM

dude, really?
if we ain't got some conflict what is the use
I guy has doubts, or wants opinions don't ban
either educate or ignore
but if they are a troll fuck with them

In58men
11-07-2016, 09:16 PM
dude, really?
if we ain't got some conflict what is the use
I guy has doubts, or wants opinions don't ban
either educate or ignore
but if they are a troll **** with them

He wants anyone banned who proves him wrong or criticizes Chief players.

Rasputin
11-07-2016, 09:18 PM

I'm a fan.

I wont go that far for his ceiling but he is doing good and I've seen him with some pancakes but he isn't a Mahler. He has made a lot of improvements can still work on things and get better. I'd like to see him bulk up a little bit but keep his feet active like he does.

That was a weak ass prospect class so I think we got the best we could have because I don't think the others are fairing that well also I want to say we missed out on the Luck lottery but he isn't fairing very well himself because Indy never addressed their line or giving him any help and we beat them. So here is a Ha Ha to The Colts.

Anyong Bluth
11-07-2016, 09:34 PM
Case closed.

Anyong Bluth
11-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Yes they can.

Nightfyre
11-07-2016, 09:39 PM

A subjective test based purely on the nonscientific perspective of an anonymous and likely unqualified observer hardly qualifies as a "stat".

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2016, 09:41 PM
Go see a optometrist and a brain surgeon.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4098/5415309308_fff1efe074_b.jpg

NJChiefsFan
11-07-2016, 10:27 PM

I noticed you sorted him on pass block and not run block since it helped your argument more. On that list he is the 6th best run blocker. Obviously I can't see the rest. His overall grade is also better than the one you sorted. There are plenty of homers on this board. You just are on the other side of the spectrum, which isn't any better.

By the way, WHO would you have drafted with the 1st overall pick that year?

CapsLockKey
11-07-2016, 10:32 PM
So far he's holding up his end of the nice contract extension the Chiefs gave him. Other than the Bowe deal when he first got here, Dorsey has been nailing it when it comes to re-signing the right guys.

NJChiefsFan
11-07-2016, 10:39 PM
Seriously, who the hell should KC have drafted? Sheldon Richardson isn't even starting for the Jets this season and was benched for showing up late this Sunday. Who did they realistically pass on? Don't give me some 2nd or 3rd rounder that nobody in their right mind would have taken without two years of hindsight.

Anyong Bluth
11-07-2016, 11:16 PM
Seriously, who the hell should KC have drafted. Sheldon Richardson isn't even starting for the Jets this season and was benched for showing up late this Sunday. Who did the realistically pass on? Don't give me some 2nd or 3rd rounder that nobody in their right mind would have taken without two years of hindsight.
Because idiots say he's not 1.1 talent.
Yeah, no shit.

"Because Chiefs" strikes again, and we get the #1 in the year there wasn't anyone who would have been even a top 5 talent pick most years.

But instead, asshats wanna criticize the pick as if Rivers and Manning were available.

JohnnyHammersticks
11-07-2016, 11:42 PM
You've got to give him this, he's a hell of a lot better than he was. He HAS improved quite a bit. Remember how bad he was?!? Oh my GOD. He used to get totally destroyed on almost every play. I know he had shoulder issues, but he could've gotten someone killed he was so bad.

Bob Dole
11-08-2016, 01:54 AM
He wants anyone banned who proves him wrong or criticizes Chief players.

Geno Smith!

Phuqtard.

mdchiefsfan
11-08-2016, 05:34 AM

ROFLThe only thing Albert has higher than Fisher in your chart is his jersey number. Maybe you should've selected that column to support your stance.

Sandy Vagina
11-08-2016, 06:08 AM

without yet having read further, this looks like the right answer, imo. :thumb:

DJ's left nut
11-08-2016, 09:58 AM
When you have to cherry pick a stat there and re arrange the chart to move a guy down, yeah, I don't put alot of stock in that

For the grand sum of $15 million and 1 pick spent in the first 2 days of the draft, the Chiefs have assembled one of the top 10 OLs in football.

I'd say Dorsey has kicked some serious ass in putting the OL together.

As for Fisher specifically, not much more to be said than has already been said. You never notice him out there and that's a good thing. I think he's improved a great deal in the run game and in the passing game he's held his own. You'd like to see a little more improvement there. The good news is that pass pro is largely technique, especially with a guy that has the athleticism of Fisher. I expect he'll continue to get better in the passing game.

I don't think he's going to turn into a Joe Thomas caliber, first team all-pro guy but he's going to be a steady top 10 LT and that's a fine use of that pick coming out of a truly shit-tastic draft.

He's a good football player who's finally learning to use his physical gifts to his advantage. A plus player that's improving is pretty damn good to have around.

Marcellus
11-08-2016, 10:06 AM
That's subjective don't you think. That allows for personal opinions and emotions to skew the personal take on it.

Not really. I could tell when he was getting his ass handed to him just like I can tell when he is playing well.

NJChiefsFan
11-08-2016, 10:06 AM
For the grand sum of $15 million and 1 pick spent in the first 2 days of the draft, the Chiefs have assembled one of the top 10 OLs in football.

As for Fisher specifically, not much more to be said than has already been said. You never notice him out there and that's a good thing. I think he's improved a great deal in the run game and in the passing game he's held his own. You'd like to see a little more improvement there. The good news is that pass pro is largely technique, especially with a guy that has the athleticism of Fisher. I expect he'll continue to get better in the passing game.

I don't think he's going to turn into a Joe Thomas caliber, first team all-pro guy but he's going to be a steady top 10 LT and that's a fine use of that pick coming out of a truly shit-tastic draft.

He's a good football player who's finally learning to use his physical gifts to his advantage. A plus player that's improving is pretty damn good to have around.

And there are two different questions. Was Fisher the best choice? Was Fisher the talent that you hope for with the 1.1?

I don't see how the first question is even a debate.

As for the 2nd, yeah you would love to get Joe Staley talent at 1.1. It didn't happen. At this point though, you move on and appreciate the talent and don't fret over where he was taken. It was the luck of the draw for KC. They got a good player. They didn't get a no doubt, best LT in the league like you dream of with the 1.1. It happens.

At least they made the right choice in the draft. There are a ton of busts in the top of that draft considering their draft position. We could have one of them, which would hurt us at their position potentially and the LT position.

Hoover
11-08-2016, 10:07 AM

This.

Amd this is why you use a 2nd or 3rd round pick in every draft to keep adding talent and depth. If you do that you don't need to shop for olinemen in the frist round and don't need to spend FA cash on them either.

RunKC
11-08-2016, 10:11 AM
Let's see here:

2013-steady LT who is doing a solid job from the worst draft in years.
2014-pass rusher who is currently 2nd in sacks
2015-generational All-Pro caliber CB

Yeah I think Dorsey has just about owned every detractor so far.

Marcellus
11-08-2016, 10:18 AM
Let's see here:

2014-generational All-Pro caliber CB
2015-Pass rusher who is currently 2nd in sacks

2016 - traded into 2nd round and picked up a beast of a DL making an impact his rookie season.

What picks did we get in that trade down?

DJ's left nut
11-08-2016, 10:48 AM
And there are two different questions. Was Fisher the best choice? Was Fisher the talent that you hope for with the 1.1?

I don't see how the first question is even a debate.

As for the 2nd, yeah you would love to get Joe Staley talent at 1.1. It didn't happen. At this point though, you move on and appreciate the talent and don't fret over where he was taken. It was the luck of the draw for KC. They got a good player. They didn't get a no doubt, best LT in the league like you dream of with the 1.1. It happens.

At least they made the right choice in the draft. There are a ton of busts in the top of that draft considering their draft position. We could have one of them, which would hurt us at their position potentially and the LT position.

Yeah but as you've noted, question 2 is largely irrelevant.

You can only work with the hand you're dealt. Would it have been nice to have pocket aces in that draft? Sure - but Dorsey got rags and managed to do alright anyway. That's all you can ask.

Otter
11-08-2016, 10:49 AM
A- or B+

In58men
11-08-2016, 10:50 AM
Geno Smith!

Phuqtard.

Because you can read the future, take your pills.

NJChiefsFan
11-08-2016, 10:53 AM
Didn't even notice how much worse Albert is ranked against the run. Also surprised about how much higher Schwartz is ranked. Obviously these rankings aren't perfect.

DJ's left nut
11-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Didn't even notice how much worse Albert is ranked against the run. Also surprised about how much higher Schwartz is ranked. Obviously these rankings aren't perfect.

Seems like it almost has to be a typo.

The Dolphins have been bruising teams with the run game the last 4 weeks. I could see that happening if you have an average LT but if you're rolling out some lesser version of Jordan Black out there, I just don't see how you could be as good running the ball as the Dolphins have been. Have they just been running to the right really well?

Seems unlikely. But then again, not taking PFF as the end all, be all requires some degree of critical thinking and Inmem has long proven incapable of that. If it isn't something that's spoon-fed to him, he's probably not going to get it.

Having watched PFF grades for individual players because of Sandbox, I have no problem saying that their 'graders' develop grudges against players sometimes. I saw a year where a 14 sack player who was top 5 in the league in pressures was given a heavily negative pass-rush grade and I'm positive it's because the grader just flat didn't like the guy. I think it happens fairly frequently.

Just imagine Clay doing the grading for the Chiefs. How do you think that would go? These are still people and they're prone to biases just as any other reviewer would be.

threebag
11-08-2016, 11:06 AM
Cherry pick your stats much?

Its a prerequisite for the stay at Trollplanet

Mr. Laz
11-08-2016, 11:40 AM
He's good enough that the Chiefs don't have to worry about the LT position.

That's a huge get for a team.

He's our best offensive linemen regardless all the cock gobbling the media gives Morse.

RunKC
11-08-2016, 11:44 AM
2016 - traded into 2nd round and picked up a beast of a DL making an impact his rookie season.

What picks did we get in that trade down?

A 4th to draft Parker Ehinger, who was surprisingly solid at LG in the 4 games he played.

Rain Man
11-08-2016, 11:53 AM
Let's see here:

2014-pass rusher who is currently 2nd in sacks
2015-generational All-Pro caliber CB

If I played fantasy football, I'd probably ask Dorsey to do my draft for me.

Pitt Gorilla
11-08-2016, 01:04 PM

He's a good football player who's finally learning to use his physical gifts to his advantage. A plus player that's improving is pretty damn good to have around.the chiefs were losing offensive line talent to FA year after year (Hudson et al.), yet continue to reload. That's a huge credit to Dorsey and his crew.

It's a good reason for the CP idiots to withhold from bitching when we take a Morse in the second.

Easy 6
11-08-2016, 01:06 PM
Solid B+

lcarus
11-08-2016, 01:24 PM
Hey at this point I'm just glad he isn't a bust and playing for the Saskatchewan Roughriders or pushin carts for Piggly Wiggly. Which was looking like a real possibility a year ago. Now he looks to be playing pretty well.