PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Week 9 BES Rankings: Chiefs 4th Overall...Panthers 28th

SAGA45
11-08-2016, 07:25 PM
LINK - http://besreport.com/week-9-bes-rankings-2016/

Interesting how the math spotted the Chiefs one up on Oakland despite the Raiders being first place in the division. Honestly didn't expect the system to give the Chiefs the edge due to head-to-head but it did. Quite a pleasant surprise. Means the revamp performed on the system this past offseason is working as intended. Good stuff!

Panthers may be 28th in these rankings but they are heating up, they've shown they can go on strong runs in the 2nd half of the season to secure a playoff berth. Let's just hope the Chiefs don't help their cause. Need some key guys healthy. Getting Houston back would be a big bonus.

Skyy God
11-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Hopefully we keep it up and make the 4 team playoffs!!

SAGA45
11-09-2016, 10:19 AM
Hopefully we keep it up and make the 4 team playoffs!!

You again? ROFLROFL:clap:

Mav
11-09-2016, 12:31 PM
Why do people keep saying the first place raiders? It's only because the Chiefs have had their bye. Last I checked the Chiefs beat the Raiders and were the only undefeated team in the division.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-09-2016, 12:42 PM
Because right now they are in 1st. Chiefs have to take care of business this week. Game is not even close to a gimme.

Hydrae
11-09-2016, 03:00 PM
Interestingly the Chiefs also have the 4th best record in the league currently. :hmmm:

lawrenceRaider
11-09-2016, 03:58 PM
Why do people keep saying the first place raiders? It's only because the Chiefs have had their bye. Last I checked the Chiefs beat the Raiders and were the only undefeated team in the division.

Even when you catch up in games played after this weekend it will still be the first place Raiders. Tied for first, but still first.

Mav
11-09-2016, 04:00 PM
Even when you catch up in games played after this weekend it will still be the first place Raiders. Tied for first, but still first.

Wrong. Head to head wins, ahead in the division. Chiefs will show in first. But hey. Whatever helps you at night.

bishop_74
11-09-2016, 04:35 PM

OMG aren't you just ADORABLE!

TimBone
11-09-2016, 05:45 PM
lol...I don't think we're winning in Carolina this week, but what you said is wrong, bruh.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-09-2016, 05:49 PM

Wrong

Coochie liquor
11-09-2016, 08:17 PM
lol...I do think we're winning in Carolina this week, but what you said is wrong, bruh.

He's a Faider fan. Can't really expect him to think, and have coherent thoughts at the same time. We're lucky he's even breathing at this point, luckily THAT doesn't take too much focus!

Psyko Tek
11-09-2016, 11:57 PM
Interestingly the Chiefs also have the 4th best record in the league currently. :hmmm:

NICE,
but doesn't matter, the season ain't done

first week in JAN that matters

Direckshun
11-10-2016, 12:16 AM
Can somebody, in 100 words or less, explain to me why Carolina is doing so poorly this year?

Because I am freaking out a bit over this game.

Anyong Bluth
11-10-2016, 12:47 AM
Cuz they iz

Anyong Bluth
11-10-2016, 12:47 AM
No, because KC beat Oakland

Pasta Little Brioni
11-10-2016, 08:53 AM
Can somebody, in 100 words or less, explain to me why Carolina is doing so poorly this year?

Shit secondary and pass defense. ..and most important turnover differential. They struggled early in that regard, but have been much better the last couple weeks. You guys really need to understand just how important that is.

NJChiefsFan
11-10-2016, 09:27 AM
Shit secondary and pass defense. ..and most important turnover differential. They struggled early in that regard, but have been much better the last couple weeks. You guys really need to understand just how important that is.

You keep inferring that people don't comprehend turnover differential. Maybe I am missing where the majority of the board is saying that.

The Panters D has improved a lot the past few weeks, as you mentioned. Hopefully that was as much about a poor LA team as anything else. I do think they are much more talented than their record states, and they play well at home.

Anyong Bluth
11-10-2016, 11:41 AM
You keep inferring that people don't comprehend turnover differential. Maybe I am missing where the majority of the board is saying that.

The Panters D has improved a lot the past few weeks, as you mentioned. Hopefully that was as much about a poor LA team as anything else. I do think they are much more talented than their record states, and they play well at home.
Record means nothing.

Panthers aren't the same team as at the start of the season, and trending more and more like the team of last year.

I don't know what to make of this game. Probably comes down to home team wins.

Simply Red
11-10-2016, 11:44 AM

sure!!

we'll be fine.

Great Expectations
11-10-2016, 11:54 AM
Record means nothing.

Panthers aren't the same team as at the start of the season, and trending more and more like the team of last year.

That's how Vegas sees it, we will definitely need a push up the middle. When will Jones be full speed? Outside of Poe's last tackle he was still much better in the second half than Poe.

NJChiefsFan
11-10-2016, 11:55 AM
Record means nothing.

A 1-5 team that wins 2 straight and now plays the team that they are drawing inspiration and hope from. CAR has a tough schedule so I have my doubts, but I certainly have major concerns about us winning this game. I don't think our B level play will do it.

CAR can't afford to lose this game with their schedule and their record. They won't hand us anything on Sunday. We better be ready to take it.

Anyong Bluth
11-10-2016, 11:57 AM
A 1-5 team that wins 2 straight and now plays the team that they are drawing inspiration and hope from. CAR has a tough schedule so I have my doubts, but I certainly have major concerns about us winning this game. I don't think our B level play will do it.

CAR can't afford to lose this game with their schedule and their record. They won't hand us anything on Sunday. We better be ready to take it.
It just sets up as one of those inevitable losses. A W on Sunday would be very impressive in my book.

NJChiefsFan
11-10-2016, 12:17 PM
It just sets up as one of those inevitable losses. A W on Sunday would be very impressive in my book.

Agreed. If KC wins Sunday, they might cement the idea that they are the team to beat in the division, and for the 2nd seed.

There are a lot of AFC teams playing NFC teams this week. If KC wins and things go their way in other games, the path towards the playoffs and a good seed will look a lot cleaner.

jjchieffan
11-10-2016, 05:00 PM

It's simple really. They just don't have their heart in it this year. They went out and played their tails off. Won the NFC Championship and winning the Suberbowl was in their grasp. Then the word came down from Goddell. Sorry boys. This is our golden boys last hurrah. He's going out with a ring. That killed their spirit and you can see it in their play this season. They all are just going through the motions. That's what being forced to throw a championship can do to a team. I feel bad for them. They deserved the right to play for a championship.

King_Chief_Fan
11-10-2016, 07:25 PM
More rankings nonsense

Chiefshrink
11-10-2016, 07:57 PM
These rankings don't mean a thing. Do you really believe the Chiefs are the 4th best and do you really believe the Panthers are as bad as 28 ?

Mr. Laz
11-10-2016, 08:00 PM
So wait, the chiefs with the shittiest quarterback in NFL history are better than Carolina with their MVP Stud QB?

How is that possible?

Maybe Caroline should replace their QB with Nick Foles.

SAGA45
11-11-2016, 12:24 PM
These rankings don't mean a thing. Do you really believe the Chiefs are the 4th best and do you really believe the Panthers are as bad as 28 ?

The system crunches the numbers, spits out the results. I've actually been able to incorporate and quantify some intangible factors (come from behind wins, home loss to weaker team in the same division, etc) ...but obviously not all.

So looking at the Panthers the last two weeks there's a valid argument they could be ranked higher but the system still holds them accountable for when they played horribly. Let's not forget they lost three straight games within the division (remember those intangibles mentioned above) heading into their bye week at 1-5.

The fact they are 3-5 and the Chiefs 6-2 on a 4-game streak definitely impacts the rankings. Record isn't everything but it is a factor in how the BES system calculates, especially when teams string together wins (i.e the Cowboys at No. 1) or losses (Eagles at No. 24).

Personally, I don't like this matchup for the Chiefs, especially it being on the road. Then again, the Chiefs have the best offense the Panthers have faced since their bye week. Cards and Rams...putrid offenses. But hey...no amount of data or intuition can predict an outcome with 100% certainty. The variables are infinite.

SAGA45
11-13-2016, 03:23 PM
Chiefs fought back and got the win! Love it!