PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Do you wish Reid would be fired?

Pages : [1] 2

Eleazar
11-20-2016, 03:12 PM
I know it isn't going to happen at midseason or when the team has a winning record, but it's obvious that Reid is a huge part of this team's problems.

His terrible play calling, terrible clock management, terrible use of time outs, and his steadfast insistence that Alex Smith is his guy are albatrosses around this team's neck.

The team's improvement last year when Reid's influence was reduced on offense is proof.

Reid is not the only problem but he is the biggest problem.

Iconic
11-20-2016, 03:13 PM
**** no. The alternatives are a lot worse. We just need a new QB.

RunKC
No I wish he'd get a goddamn QB who is worth a shit so he'd have a real shot at winning something

MMXcalibur
What?

No. That is not a measured response.

FloridaMan88
He needs to fire himself as offensive play caller.

Bowser
11-20-2016, 03:14 PM
Hell no. I just wish he'd abandon this dink and dunk horsehit offense. It's almost as hard to watch as was Herm's "Three Yards and a Clould of Shit" offense was.

WhawhaWhat
If he doesn't hire someone else to call plays, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. As long as he has the play sheet, we all know how this story ends.

milkman
No, but I do wish he'd give up the reins on offense.

KCCHIEFS27

Even if we had Tom Brady Reid would still call dumbass plays like that end around to Kelce. I don't think he should be fired, but he should be let go.

eDave
Fired from play calling perhaps.

kcpasco
11-20-2016, 03:15 PM

This

Reerun_KC

This....

GET a QB and GET and OC!

rabblerouser
At least a year too late if it happened today.

UK_Chief

This

notorious
We get to enjoy wins more than most.

Fuck it, keep him. It makes CP more interesting this way.

New World Order
I want Alex fired, not Andy

Eleazar
As terrible as we were in all phases, we still had a winnable game.

Andy's time out was the difference

keg in kc
Since before he was even hired.

Fire Me Boy!
11-20-2016, 03:16 PM
No, but I wish Chunt would force him to give up play calling.

Eleazar
At least a year too late if it happened today.

I agree.

The team saving his job only saved us a couple more years of being a playoff bubble team that is not a contender.

Eleazar

Reid hand-picked Smith and traded for him, and Reid is the one standing by his man.

Mr. Laz
11-20-2016, 03:17 PM
He can stay as Head Coach but i want a new Offensive Coordinator.

Not just a puppet to Andy either, a full responsibility new OC

AustinChief
I will take the unpopular position and say yes. i have zero respect for a coach that can't manage the clock. There is no excuse for it. Period. Worse than that is his lack of passion. A coach can have a huge effect on the way a game is called. Andy just sits back and takes it every time. I'll be the first to say Andy brings a lot to the table and we'll be hard pressed to find a better coach, but my two big complaints are two things I'm never going to look past. they have been major issues for me for a long time now and I have harped on them before... today they cost us the game (along with our awful performance).

tk13
He has flaws, and they are the same flaws he's had for 20 years. Terrible at clock management, falls in love with horizontal passes, gets cute in the red zone, etc, etc. Even when he was hired, you knew he will do these things independent of who the QB is.

But he is also one of the most successful coaches in the history of the NFL. He took over a 2 win team and will likely post a winning record for 4 straight years. Won the team's first playoff game in 20 years, and at this point has won 17 of his last 20 regular season games. This is one of the most successful stretches of football in the history of this franchise. Good luck firing him.

Mr. Laz
11-20-2016, 03:18 PM

Foles looks the same as Alex now that he's under Reid

Bugeater
11-20-2016, 03:18 PM
It won't happen but it would be nice if he pulled his head out of his fat ass.

jonzie04
11-20-2016, 03:19 PM
He's a really good hc. Look at his coaching staff turnover, and his record. He obviously does something right. People Love playing/ working for the man. That being said though he is a pretty poor game day manager.

Bob Dole

And replace him with who?

New World Order
I do second a different playcaller not named Andy Reid or Brad Childress

Eleazar
11-20-2016, 03:20 PM
I will take the unpopular position and say yes. i have zero respect for a coach that can't manage the clock. There is no excuse for it. Period. Worse than that is his lack of passion. A coach can have a huge effect on the way a game is called. Andy just sits back and takes it every time. I'll be the first to say Andy brings a lot to the table and we'll be hard pressed to find a better coach, but my two big complaints are two things I'm never going to look past. they have been major issues for me for a long time now and I have harped on them before... today they cost us the game (along with our awful performance).

Reid might win a lot of regular season games because of favorable player personnel decisions, but week in and week out he's a net-negative for his team on game day.

I wish he'd be fired, not because the team's record is bad, but because we are just biding our time as a mediocre franchise with him.

Bugeater
11-20-2016, 03:20 PM
Tom Brady?

Chief Roundup
11-20-2016, 03:21 PM
Foles looks the same as Alex now that he's under Reid

There has only been one season that Foles didn't look like shit. Guess who that was under?

New World Order
11-20-2016, 03:22 PM

There must be qbs out there that can throw for 1 td per game.

Bwana
11-20-2016, 03:22 PM
No but with that being said, there is no way this guy should be calling plays.

Simply Red
11-20-2016, 03:23 PM
Tom Brady?

Oh well, It's just a game.

Chief Roundup
I am not ready to fire Andy just yet. I do want all play calling responsibilities removed from his control though. If he is not willing to give up those responsibilities then yes it is time to move on to another HC.

Fire Me Boy!
Everyone needs to calm down. All we need is to draft a future HOF QB and ride him to multiple SBs.

Rams Fan
You want to fire the head coach who oversaw the first Chiefs playoff victory in 2 decades the season after? In which the team is 7-3?

Are you fucking high?

notorious
11-20-2016, 03:24 PM
Every single problem that Philly fans warned us about has come home to roost.

New World Order
Andy is good with the players, he's just an awful playcaller.

Combine that with a mediocre to bad qb and this is what happens.

ArrowheadHawk
Hell no, did you forget what we had before him?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jjchieffan
11-20-2016, 03:25 PM
This

LiL stumppy
11-20-2016, 03:25 PM
LOL We are 7 and 3 you fucking retards. Jesus. A bunch of 12 year old girls. We have a lot of injuries. We need to be more consistent and aggressive. But we will be fine.

Mr. Laz
11-20-2016, 03:26 PM
There has only been one season that Foles didn't look like shit. Guess who that was under?

Chip Kelly in 2013?

119% rating
64 com %
2891 yrds
27 TD
2 int

Chief Roundup
11-20-2016, 03:28 PM
Chip Kelly in 2013?

119% rating
64 com %
2891 yrds
27 TD
2 int

Yeah the coach that threw him aside like a piece of garbage that he has been everywhere else even under Andy the first time. You know the guy that drafted him and has been able to flip backup QBs for draft picks.
Foles is garbage, worse garbage than Smith.

Mr. Laz
11-20-2016, 03:29 PM
Everyone needs to calm down. All we need is to draft a future HOF QB and ride him to multiple SBs.
Really?

So far Andy Reid has shown zero interest in developing a QB. You can bet your last dollar that Reid is the guy who decides whether or not to draft a QB. We've pasts on several quality guys in the draft.

Bray is the only young guy we haven't cut and that's in large part because he was injured his first 3 season and was easy to stash.

Reid keeps bringing in veteran backups instead of developing a young guy.

Mr. Laz
11-20-2016, 03:31 PM
Yeah the coach that threw him aside like a piece of garbage that he has been everywhere else even under Andy the first time. You know the guy that drafted him and has been able to flip backup QBs for draft picks.
Foles is garbage, worse garbage than Smith.
So then Reid has shitty judgement in QBs?

I mean since he traded for Smith and signed Foles then he must not know what he's doing.

Eleazar
11-20-2016, 03:31 PM
You want to fire the head coach who oversaw the first Chiefs playoff victory in 2 decades the season after? In which the team is 7-3?

Are you ****ing high?

Yeah, he got a playoff win.

Against a Brian Hoyer quarterbacked 9-7 team that backed into the playoffs in a terrible division

KranzDictum
11-20-2016, 03:32 PM
Not unless you guys hire Romeo Crennel to replace him. I love the Romeo years.

MMXcalibur
11-20-2016, 03:33 PM

Against a Brian Hoyer quarterbacked 9-7 team that backed into the playoffs in a terrible division

Who gives a shit if it was against St. Mary's School for the Blind and Deaf...?
That's 1 more playoff win than we've had in the past umpteen years.

Beggars can't be choosers.

Chief Roundup
11-20-2016, 03:34 PM
So then Reid has shitty judgement in QBs?

I mean since he traded for Smith and signed Foles then he must not know what he's doing.
Definitely wrong with a few of his choices.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Chief Roundup
11-20-2016, 03:35 PM

Yeah that has been the dream for 50 years now. Still waiting.

Eleazar
11-20-2016, 03:38 PM

Some fans are happy with a decent record and a single playoff win I guess.

Even though a Reid-led team is going nowhere

13and3
11-20-2016, 03:46 PM
I know it isn't going to happen at midseason or when the team has a winning record, but it's obvious that Reid is a huge part of this team's problems.

His terrible play calling, terrible clock management, terrible use of time outs, and his steadfast insistence that Alex Smith is his guy are albatrosses around this team's neck.

The team's improvement last year when Reid's influence was reduced on offense is proof.

Reid is not the only problem but he is the biggest problem.
Fans like you are the reason we have been so mired in mediocricy. No patience. Always want someone fired. Constant turn over, new schemes, coaching and personell. How can we ever make progress if we are constantly reorganizing?. I want you fired from chiefs kingdom and all the wishy washy fans that think like you.

Rams Fan
11-20-2016, 03:48 PM

The Bengals lost to a T.J. Yates (who was a rookie and their third string QB) Texans team in Houston in the playoffs a few years ago.

Quit adding caveats. A playoff win on the road is a playoff win on the road, regardless of who the QB is.

Reid keeps bringing in veteran backups instead of developing a young guy.

Since he's been the HC, have they not drafted Murray and Hogan to go along with keeping Bray?

That is attempting to develop a "young guy" in my view. Just because he isn't drafted where you'd like doesn't mean he isn't trying.

milkman
11-20-2016, 03:50 PM
Fans like you are the reason we have been so mired in mediocricy. No patience. Always want someone fired. Constant turn over, new schemes, coaching and personell. How can we ever make progress if we are constantly reorganizing?. I want you fired from chiefs kingdom and all the wishy washy fans that think like you.

This is the stupidest post ever.

We have had more stability at GM and HC over the last 27 years or so than all but the Steelers and Pats.

We have been mired in mediocrity because of poor management or coaching, with little to no accountability as long as fans keep showing up.

Mr. Laz
11-20-2016, 04:02 PM
Since he's been the HC, have they not drafted Murray and Hogan to go along with keeping Bray?

That is attempting to develop a "young guy" in my view. Just because he isn't drafted where you'd like doesn't mean he isn't trying.
Yea, they past on several higher round guys and drafted some lower guys.

They then cut them all except Bray.

Bray managed to stay around because he got injured and went on IR during his first 2 or 3 seasons making it easy to keep him around.

We haven't made any real effort to develop a young guy.

rabblerouser
11-20-2016, 04:03 PM

Boom.

This. So much thisI agree.

The team saving his job only saved us a couple more years of being a playoff bubble team that is not a contender.

And this.

Eleazar
11-20-2016, 04:05 PM
Does anyone really feel comfort in our record? It's obviously a mirage. Would anyone be surprised to see this 7-2 team finish 9-7? Not the way they are playing.

rabblerouser
11-20-2016, 04:05 PM
This is the stupidest post ever.

We have had more stability at GM and HC over the last 27 years or so than all but the Steelers and Pats.

We have been mired in mediocrity because of poor management or coaching, with little to no accountability as long as fans keep showing up.

People keep filling Arrowhead on gamedays...

Yea, they past on several higher round guys and drafted some lower guys.

They then cut them all except Bray.

Bray managed to stay around because he got injured and went on IR during his first 2 or 3 seasons making it easy to keep him around.

We haven't made any real effort to develop a young guy.only QBOTF in my lifetime was Matt Blundin LOL

Mr. Laz
11-20-2016, 04:10 PM
He's a really good hc. Look at his coaching staff turnover, and his record. He obviously does something right. People Love playing/ working for the man. That being said though he is a pretty poor game day manager.

How can you possible say this and watch the team's crappy performance?

I don't know how many times the defense looked completely lost at the snap today.

How many people here knew that tampa was going to Evans on that final play to get a 1st down and seal the game? *show of hands*

Yet we didn't double him.

I don't think we handed the ball off to ware inside the redzone until the 4th quarter. WTF?

Did Tampa "buy" the timeout from Andy Reid at the end of the 1st half so that they could get the field goal? :banghead:

Easy 6
11-20-2016, 04:10 PM
Like everyone is saying, the players love him and he runs a sound overall program... so no, he shouldnt be fired but he HAS to give up playcalling

Mr. Laz
11-20-2016, 04:17 PM
Like everyone is saying, the players love him and he runs a sound overall program... so no, he shouldnt be fired but he HAS to give up playcalling

He has to give up more than just the playcalling.

The offense ISN'T well prepared either.

The offense doesn't have a wide enough variety of plays ready to do in any given game.

Reid decides the offense, the main group of plays and he is also responsible for the discipline and motivation of the players.

We need a new offensive coordinator that is FULLY in charge.

Easy 6
11-20-2016, 04:21 PM

The offense doesn't have a wide enough variety of plays ready to do in any given game.

Reid decides the offense, the main group of plays and he is also responsible for the discipline and motivation of the players.

Thing is, we can wish for a new OC/playcaller all we want... but it isnt gonna happen, Reid sees himself as an offensive genius and is entirely too prideful to completely remove his fingerprints from the gameplan

Mr. Laz
11-20-2016, 04:22 PM
Thing is, we can wish for a new OC/playcaller all we want... but it isnt gonna happen, Reid sees himself as an offensive genius and is entirely too prideful to completely remove his fingerprints from the gameplan
agreed

Doesn't that bring a new aspect to the question about whether Reid should be fired or not?

Easy 6
11-20-2016, 04:28 PM
agreed

Doesn't that bring a new aspect to the question about whether Reid should be fired or not?

I dont know, maybe for us pissed off fans it does... but when the guy is 17-3 in his last 20, its not gonna happen

And its hard for me to come up with a name thats really any better who might be available next year

rabblerouser
11-20-2016, 04:29 PM
How can you possible say this and watch the team's crappy performance?

I don't know how many times the defense looked completely lost at the snap today.

How many people here knew that tampa was going to Evans on that final play to get a 1st down and seal the game? *show of hands*

Yet we didn't double him.

I don't think we handed the ball off to ware inside the redzone until the 4th quarter. WTF?

Did Tampa "buy" the timeout from Andy Reid at the end of the 1st half so that they could get the field goal? :banghead:
Gee, if I didn't know better...

I'd think this game was rigged.

rabblerouser
11-20-2016, 04:31 PM
No I wish he'd get a goddamn QB who is worth a shit so he'd have a real shot at winning something

Too bad. Alex runs his offense "to perfection".

MotherfuckerJones
11-20-2016, 04:31 PM
If we miss the playoffs, won't cut ties with Alex and give up play-calling then sure. I'm done with retread QBs. I'm so over this dog and pony show. Alex Smith is fucking terrible and Andy Reid's red zone play-calling is a travesty. Get me a coach who won't be afraid to draft a QB and develop them rather going the "safe" route that the Hunt family always wants.

Trivers
11-20-2016, 04:32 PM
AustinChief, KCFalcon59, rabblerouser, smasher, Sorce, spanky 52, TambaBerry, theswillmerchant

Idiots.

Aspengc8
11-20-2016, 04:33 PM

the offense isnt well prepared? what do you mean by this? are the plays the problem, or just the situational playcalling?

CoMoChief
11-20-2016, 04:33 PM
Needs to be stripped of his play calling duties and needs a new QB.

Fired? No. He's changed the culture in that locker room and players seem to like the guy.

Spott
11-20-2016, 04:38 PM
Shouldn't be fired, but he cost us the game with his boneheaded play calling at the goal line and giving them a timeout at the end of the first half.

Eleazar
11-20-2016, 04:39 PM
The fact that Reid's culture is better than the string of chuckleheads before him does not mean he is the man for the job

rabblerouser
11-20-2016, 04:43 PM

It's just not good enough.

The 2015 Texans were the 2010 Chiefs.

rabblerouser
11-20-2016, 04:45 PM
The fact that Reid's culture is better than the string of chuckleheads before him does not mean he is the man for the job

100%

And I'm not convinced that Haley wouldn't do better than Reid.

Romeo went 2-12 with teams Haley won with.

KCTitus
11-20-2016, 04:45 PM
No, but something has to change. I think Clark should force Reid to hire a play caller. Reid/Dorsey do great for talent evaluation, but Reid has got to stop calling plays.

Red Dawg
11-20-2016, 04:46 PM
I think would be fine if he had a real QB. It's also becoming apparent we need a real WR.

Red Dawg
11-20-2016, 04:48 PM
No, but something has to change. I think Clark should force Reid to hire a play caller. Reid/Dorsey do great for talent evaluation, but Reid has got to stop calling plays.

Does Dorsey have the balls to do it? Not so far but he could change my mind if he does what any other team would do and cut Alex in the off season.

rabblerouser
11-20-2016, 04:48 PM
I think would be fine if he had a real QB. It's also becoming apparent we need a real WR.

Maclin/Hill/Conley are fine. The HC, play calling and QB are not.

rabblerouser
11-20-2016, 04:50 PM

What about repeatedly shitting the bed during clock management situations?

GloryDayz
11-20-2016, 04:59 PM
He won't give up calling plays, they have to fire him to stop the bleeding. And we need to get rid of Alex too. Hell, tell Romo today that we'd be very interested in him. I'm sick of the Donks getting the best QBs who are in their twilight.

Mr. Laz
11-20-2016, 05:04 PM
Gee, if I didn't know better...

I'd think this game was rigged.
ROFL

Reid is just dumb

rabblerouser
11-20-2016, 05:05 PM
ROFL

Reid is just dumb

I won't argue that point, because the evidence is certainly compelling...one way or the other - if it's not rigged, than Reid is fucking dumb.

Mr. Laz
11-20-2016, 05:07 PM
100%

And I'm not convinced that Haley wouldn't do better than Reid.

Romeo went 2-12 with teams Haley won with.
Just no

rabblerouser
11-20-2016, 05:09 PM
Just no

Haley had balls.

Reid sucks balls.

Just saying.

Mr. Laz
11-20-2016, 05:11 PM
Haley had balls.

Reid sucks.
Haley does have balls but he's also nuts

wait ... the Steelers just missed another 2 point conversion

GloryDayz
11-20-2016, 05:12 PM
A Chiefs haiku

The fans in red roar
The Chiefs players shit their diapers
Andy Reid Alex Smith

Gonzo
11-20-2016, 05:18 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/070/808/OHNOES.gif

Gonzo
11-20-2016, 05:19 PM
A Chiefs haiku

The fans in red roar
The Chiefs players shit their diapers
Andy Reid Alex Smith

My specialty!

Fans are full of shit
They all need to take xanax
Remember Herman?

Gonzo
11-20-2016, 05:21 PM
Chiefs will be ok
You all need to shut up now
Can't win them all, dudes

GloryDayz
11-20-2016, 05:22 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/070/808/OHNOES.gif

Meh, no need to panic now, it's pretty clear that this isn't our year.

Best22
11-20-2016, 05:27 PM
What's another year with the Chiefs missing the Super Bowl? Haven't made it since 1969

The Chiefs literally weren't an NFL team last time they played in the Big Game

GloryDayz
11-20-2016, 05:36 PM
Chiefs will be ok
You all need to shut up now
Can't win them all, dudes

Hope House....

Battered fans beaten and bruised
70000 loyal lovers come back again
Chiefs

mlyonsd
11-20-2016, 05:48 PM
We aren't winning a SB with Reid. Period. End of story. I admit I'm biased because I didn't like the hire in the first place but he has never proven to be a SB winning coach.

His play calling and clock management is pathetic. I wish they'd fire him at the end of the year and let Dorsey pick the successor.

Rasputin
11-20-2016, 05:55 PM
I don't think he needs to be fired but for an offensive guru everyone says he is I'm not seeing it. The team plays good and their hearts out for him the team loves their coach but he does have to make it so the plays can work.

I didn't get why Kelce went out for a play looked like a hip dinger not serious he had to walk it off but then they did a reverse with him getting the ball only to be tackled in the backfield just after he made a big play. THAT was dumb and inexcusable play call by Andy Reid. Why give the ball to a guy who had to limp off the field the play before?

Mr. Laz
11-20-2016, 05:58 PM
My specialty!

Fans are full of shit
They all need to take xanax
Remember Herman?
History repeats
Shottenheimer era back
Playoffs But No Bowl

Coochie liquor
11-20-2016, 07:00 PM
I don't think he needs to be fired but for an offensive guru everyone says he is I'm not seeing it. The team plays good and their hearts out for him the team loves their coach but he does have to make it so the plays can work.

I didn't get why Kelce went out for a play looked like a hip dinger not serious he had to walk it off but then they did a reverse with him getting the ball only to be tackled in the backfield just after he made a big play. THAT was dumb and inexcusable play call by Andy Reid. Why give the ball to a guy who had to limp off the field the play before?

Same reason he told Alex to run up the middle when he just got put back in the game from a possible concussion.

Mr. Laz
11-20-2016, 07:31 PM
Same reason he told Alex to run up the middle when he just got put back in the game from a possible concussion.

His brain just can't handle everything thing that is going on.

calling plays and knowing how to manage the clock is too much multitasking for him. Add in player's health and his brain is about to explode.

ClevelandBronco
11-20-2016, 07:41 PM
Yeah, I kinda wish he would get fired (especially if it happened just when, say, a Jeff Fisher became available). Despite the occasional WTF-was-that-Andy brain fart, he's coached a lot of Chiefs wins.

rabblerouser
11-20-2016, 07:44 PM
Haley does have balls but he's also nuts

wait ... the Steelers just missed another 2 point conversion

That's on the Head coach.

HC is who decides whether to kick or go for 2. Haley calls plays for the situations he's told to call them for...

And he would've rather died than lose to Tampa at home by 2.

rabblerouser
11-20-2016, 07:48 PM
His brain just can't handle everything thing that is going on.

calling plays and knowing how to manage the clock is too much multitasking for him. Add in player's health and his brain is about to explode.

Andy Reid is bad
At being a good coach, man
Alex Smith sucks, too.

ghak99
11-20-2016, 08:23 PM
If he won't give up the play calling duties, I would be fine with shit canning him.

He is exactly who he was before he came here. He's going to continue to be exactly who he has always been. Watching him fuck shit up with bad play calls and ignorant clock management is painful, even when you know it's coming. I'd like a reason to believe something, anything, is going to change. One and done with no path to improvement isn't going to maintain my interest beyond being a casual fan.

Someone should bump the thread when he arrived and see how the outlook has changed.

Red Dawg
11-20-2016, 08:29 PM
We get to enjoy wins more than most.

**** it, keep him. It makes CP more interesting this way.

Worthless wins don't mean shit to a fan base that dreams of having title. The least we should want is a QB we can be proud of that's home grown. We can't even get them to try. All they do is get a teams thrown out garbage and hand him money and the job without any threat of getting replaced.

-King-
11-20-2016, 09:04 PM

This.
Posted via Mobile Device

threebag
11-20-2016, 09:10 PM

This

rabblerouser
11-20-2016, 09:14 PM
Reid has always called his own plays. This is who he was in Philly. He was good enough to string them along and keep his job for 14 years. Until they got tired of the almost being not quite good enough to win it all bullshit.

Will we have 10 more years of this shit to sit through?

If so, I'm out now.

GloryDayz
11-20-2016, 09:16 PM
I wish people would realize that Dorsey nor Hunt will demand he quit calling the plays. Don't get me wrong, and that might be what the "should" means, but it isn't going to happen. This is how the Hunts roll, they work in terms of 5 and 7 year plans, and do anything that would mess with the plan.

kcpasco
11-20-2016, 09:17 PM
Reid has always called his own plays. This is who he was in Philly. He was good enough to string them along and keep his job for 14 years. Until they got tired of the almost being not quite good enough to win it all bullshit.

Will we have 10 more years of this shit to sit through?

If so, I'm out now.

Can I have all your Chief stuff?

rabblerouser
11-20-2016, 09:32 PM
Can I have all your Chief stuff?

I wouldn't have much to wear :\

rabblerouser
11-20-2016, 09:34 PM
I wish people would realize that Dorsey nor Hunt will demand he quit calling the plays. Don't get me wrong, and that might be what the "should" means, but it isn't going to happen. This is how the Hunts roll, they work in terms of 5 and 7 year plans, and do anything that would mess with the plan.

Nope. We're stuck with what we've had since 2013.

Sad that this is the mountaintop for a Chiefs fan. Standing on the precipice of relevance, yet, still on the outside, always looking in. *sigh*

Because Chiefs.

ptlyon
11-21-2016, 08:13 AM
Don't want anybody fired. Just want Clark to finally move this shit organization to England so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Eleazar
11-21-2016, 12:50 PM
20% of the fan base has seen enough to know we need to move on from Reid.

I am guessing that a poll as to whether he should be stripped of control over play calling, clock management, and challenges would come in at about 80%

What a ringing endorsement of the coach of a 7-3 (paper tiger)

Cannibal
11-21-2016, 01:01 PM
Reid is a good coach.

Needs to give up playcalling and move in a different direction at QB though.

That fake to Kelce at the goal line (right after Kelce injured his ankle) might have been the worst play call ever.

Mile High Mania
11-21-2016, 01:04 PM
Dude is 38-20... fire? No.

GloryDayz
11-21-2016, 06:51 PM

Kind of hard to argue that, but it's still the right thing to do.

Eleazar
11-21-2016, 07:56 PM

He's the worst kind of coach for your franchise. He's not good enough to win anything but not bad enough for ownership to fire him.

Psyko Tek
11-21-2016, 08:03 PM

we need a OC, that can find QB
that means
well, bye, Andy

GloryDayz
11-21-2016, 08:18 PM
He's the worst kind of coach for your franchise. He's not good enough to win anything but not bad enough for ownership to fire him.

http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Nailed-It.gif

bdj23
11-21-2016, 08:25 PM

So, he's Marty? Weren't the 90's our "glory years"?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-22-2016, 04:54 PM
Same shit every 4 months on CP. Just wait til he jumps back on the wagon. Again.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2016, 07:38 PM
It doesn't matter what we think, Hunt is not firing him.

The Hunt family is still regretting the firing of Marty Shottenheimer.

The would rather be a borderline playoff team until the end of time than go through the losing period they went through after getting rid of Marty/Carl.

Chief Northman
11-22-2016, 07:51 PM
CP members:

Please offer your legitimate and realistic suggestions as to who this next great coach of the KC Chiefs will be.
Also summarize his keys to getting a Superbowl parade to occur in Kansas City.

Thanks in advance.

CapsLockKey
11-22-2016, 08:00 PM
Unless you are replacing him with Bill Belichick, even discussing firing Reid at this point is beyond stupid.

HemiEd
11-22-2016, 08:06 PM

this

RNR
11-22-2016, 08:07 PM
They are 7-3 and hold the tie breaker against Oakland and get to play them at home. They are playing the Broncos who have offensive problems of their own this week to stay one game out. Only here would I read people calling for a coaches head while his team is in the thick of the hunt :rolleyes:

HemiEd
11-22-2016, 08:11 PM

Kansas City Chiefs

oldman
11-23-2016, 07:24 AM

This. He gets too "crafty" in the red zone. First and goal at the 4 ------ run the &*%$#@ ball!!!!

GloryDayz
11-23-2016, 07:46 AM
This. He gets too "crafty" in the red zone. First and goal at the 4 ------ run the &*%$#@ ball!!!!

And THAT'S why you're not a head coach... :D

You didn't realize that it's far cooler to settle for 3 and have tried to use a guy why gimped off the field getting you to the 4 than it is to ride your horses to the full 7! You've forgotten that as a coach you can simply say "you aren't on the field" or "it's really hard" or "they had us played very well" or "I played the percentages" or "I take full responsibility for that mistake (that few other would have made)" or "we've got to improve there" or "we'll go back and look at the tape and get better" or "it's just a game" or, or or, or.....

tx4chiefs
11-23-2016, 07:50 AM
Agreed with most posts. He needs a new QB and an offensive play caller.

Marcellus
11-23-2016, 07:59 AM
You know why Arrowhead is full on game day?

Because most fans aren't a bunch of constantly whining pussies who think they know more than the GM, owner and coach.

While CP has a higher than average football IQ it makes up for that with crazier than average expectations.

You have to win games to get to the bog game. They, ownership and management, are trying to win games. Trying to win playoff games.

If Smith continues to struggle he will be replaced. Maybe not this year but it could be this year.

While I dont know that Foles is the future it will be interesting to see what they do with his contract after this season, it goes up substantially I believe.

Reerun_KC
11-23-2016, 08:11 AM
You know why Arrowhead is full on game day?

Because most fans aren't a bunch of constantly whining pussies who think they know more than the GM, owner and coach.

While CP has a higher than average football IQ it makes up for that with crazier than average expectations.

You have to win games to get to the bog game. They, ownership and management, are trying to win games. Trying to win playoff games.

If Smith continues to struggle he will be replaced. Maybe not this year but it could be this year.

While I dont know that Foles is the future it will be interesting to see what they do with his contract after this season, it goes up substantially I believe.

Stop running stupid plays inside the 5, hell inside the redzone.... Get an OC and QB and you wont hear so much whining...

You cant continue to be blatantly stupid and not expect people to question why you are being blatantly stupid...

Eleazar
11-23-2016, 08:24 AM
CP members:

Please offer your legitimate and realistic suggestions as to who this next great coach of the KC Chiefs will be.
Also summarize his keys to getting a Superbowl parade to occur in Kansas City.

Thanks in advance.

If the Chiefs miss the playoffs, and I think there is a decent chance that they do - if Denver cornholes us as expected, our chances are probably just 50/50 - then you probably hire someone off a playoff team this year.

Regardless though, you pick an up and coming assistant coach from a successful team.

I don't know who would be a realistic choice, but the first guy I think of is Tom Clements. We need someone who's lived in an organization that's been a long term success, who has experience and a track record with quarterbacks, and someone who can work with Dorsey and probably shares the same vision for what makes a team successful in the postseason.

We can do a hell of a lot better than a clown who doesn't know when to call time out after 30 years.

kgrund
11-23-2016, 08:27 AM
It doesn't matter what we think, Hunt is not firing him.

The Hunt family is still regretting the firing of Marty Shottenheimer.

The would rather be a borderline playoff team until the end of time than go through the losing period they went through after getting rid of Marty/Carl.

Lamar did not fire Marty. Just the opposite. They were begging him to stay as they should have.

Eleazar
11-27-2016, 07:18 AM
So how will Andy be Andy tonight? I'm guessing that since this is a big game, the team will pull his patented 'come out shell-shocked and fall behind early, and not make any adjustments until down multiple scores and/or after halftime'

Fun Fact: Chiefs are #31 in the NFL in scoring touchdowns in the red zone, ahead of only the Jets. Cleveland is literally better in the red zone than we are.

crayzkirk
11-27-2016, 07:58 AM
After reading these posts, I'm reminded of the carnival rides I went on as a kid: keep your arms and legs inside the ride...

I voted no however I believe Andy has taken this team as far as it can go. Yes, 2012 was a horrible year highlighted by some of the worst QB play to ever grace a Chiefs team. However, that team had a good core of players which had simply given up on the coaching staff.

No firing, just let him go after this year. Wasn't a fan at the time of his hiring nor giving up two picks for another 49ers QB that wasn't wanted. Don't really like the defensive coaching staff either; seems to lack the ability to adjust and depends on the players to make great individual plays.

Marty was fired from the Sparklers after a 14-2 season. That team lost on a play that he explicitly stated what to do: 4th down, knock the ball down. I see lots of players that seem to lose perspective and intercept a long 4th down pass which simply knocking it down would yield 20 or 30 yards of field position. Is that evidence that he was a bad coach?

I seem to have wandered of track.

More coffee... Go Chiefs!

GloryDayz
11-27-2016, 08:48 AM
After reading these posts, I'm reminded of the carnival rides I went on as a kid: keep your arms and legs inside the ride...

I voted no however I believe Andy has taken this team as far as it can go. Yes, 2012 was a horrible year highlighted by some of the worst QB play to ever grace a Chiefs team. However, that team had a good core of players which had simply given up on the coaching staff.

No firing, just let him go after this year. Wasn't a fan at the time of his hiring nor giving up two picks for another 49ers QB that wasn't wanted. Don't really like the defensive coaching staff either; seems to lack the ability to adjust and depends on the players to make great individual plays.

Marty was fired from the Sparklers after a 14-2 season. That team lost on a play that he explicitly stated what to do: 4th down, knock the ball down. I see lots of players that seem to lose perspective and intercept a long 4th down pass which simply knocking it down would yield 20 or 30 yards of field position. Is that evidence that he was a bad coach?

I seem to have wandered of track.

More coffee... Go Chiefs!

Quality first post even if I don't agree. Rep applied.

We should fire him, just like Alex...

Trivers
11-27-2016, 10:30 AM
Look at this names....the current 21 that voted to fire....see the pattern???

AustinChief, Chiefnj2, Chiefs Pantalones, ChiTown, Dagnabit, farmerchief, GloryDayz, KCFalcon59, mlyonsd, oaklandhater, Pointer19, Psyko Tek, rabblerouser, smasher, Snica, Sorce, spanky 52, TambaBerry, thabear04, theswillmerchant, Tuckdaddy

Aside from the founder AC, a distingished group that whines and complains about something if not everything every week...

We could be 10-0 and on the way the super bowl...and y'all would still bitch about we are not winning impressively enough.

I bet 90-95% of y'all never played HS or college sports...and don't appreciate how hard it is to win. Yet you EXPECT perfection every week from Reid and the Chiefs.

We are 7-3...going into the first of several big games where we control our destiny...stop whining...and enjoy the ride. THere is a lot of football yet to be played.

Rausch
11-27-2016, 10:35 AM
I don't think he needs fired.

I do think he needs a legit OC...

milkman
11-27-2016, 10:41 AM

AustinChief, Chiefnj2, Chiefs Pantalones, ChiTown, Dagnabit, farmerchief, GloryDayz, KCFalcon59, mlyonsd, oaklandhater, Pointer19, Psyko Tek, rabblerouser, smasher, Snica, Sorce, spanky 52, TambaBerry, thabear04, theswillmerchant, Tuckdaddy

Aside from the founder AC, a distingished group that whines and complains about something if not everything every week...

We could be 10-0 and on the way the super bowl...and y'all would still bitch about we are not winning impressively enough.

I bet 90-95% of y'all never played HS or college sports...and don't appreciate how hard it is to win. Yet you EXPECT perfection every week from Reid and the Chiefs.

We are 7-3...going into the first of several big games where we control our destiny...stop whining...and enjoy the ride. THere is a lot of football yet to be played.

These people are "whining" because this team feels like a battleship trying to navigate the Pacific with oars.

Mecca
11-27-2016, 10:48 AM
Andy Reid is a good head coach, the problem is his calling plays takes away from things that make him look like a dumbass. I'm pretty sure if he had a playcaller it would allow him to manage the clock better, would let him actually coach a player after something happens instead of thinking about plays.

He desperately needs someone to call plays since he would literally pass every down if he could. I think Reid has been calling plays way to long so he's so entrenched in what he does he has no idea why it's not working when there are simple solutions.

GloryDayz
11-27-2016, 10:49 AM

What? It's been ~47 years since going to a SB was a reality for this city. Perhaps you're too much of a Hunt/Chiefs homer and are willing to work in terms of decades instead of something more realistic. Remember, this is a salary cap league, "small market" has little to do with what potential each team has for bringing together the best team each year. Obviously this organization hasn't guessed right in ~47 years.

For this part Yes, some of us did. And some of us played many sports! Just stop! You seem like they very person who has fostered-in the "participation award" culture...

Yeah, that's what we're worried about. We're setup, yet again, for getting our ass kicked in these important games after dropping what should have been a win. We've been here before, we've seen how the team's leadership handles these things and they don't end in SB appearances.

KChiefs1
11-27-2016, 10:52 AM
I'm tired of the playcalls in the Andy Cute Zone when we should be getting TD's instead of FG's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mecca
11-27-2016, 10:55 AM
I'm tired of the playcalls in the Andy Cute Zone when we should be getting TD's instead of FG's.

That's what I'm talking about, he's done this shit so long instead of going what we need is simple smashmouth he thinks he needs to reinvent the wheel to make something happen. That happens to a lot of people who are in fields for a really long time, they don't see the simple answers.

How hard is it to see that this team has a game manager QB, a solid OL, a smashmouth RB and a solid TE Weapon and some speed outside? That lines up to being a team that plays smashmouth marty ball offense and goes to playaction at times works in the TE on some first downs and takes a few deep shots?

But no we have this abortion of trying to make Alex Smith a centerpiece.

Reerun_KC
11-27-2016, 10:59 AM
Get an OC and a QB....

That's all Reid needs to do.

Eleazar
11-27-2016, 02:24 PM

The only thing I whine about is Reid being a horrendous game day coach, because he is half of this team's problems

eDave
11-27-2016, 02:29 PM
Reid is far more successful than me for sure. That being said, when I need to improve in an area of my profession, I work to improve. Or delegate it to someone who is better. Reid fails at this.

Eleazar
11-27-2016, 02:31 PM

Exactly.

This team underachieved last year because they started out 1-5. The season in peril, he finally opens up the offense and they take off.

Should have had a first round bye and home-field advantage. Instead, they start out on the road and after beating a team that shouldn't have been in the playoffs, had go to on the road to New England.

It's a long term situation that resembles so many Reid games. Falling behind early. Not making adjustments until your hand is forced. Denying reality until it's undeniable.

There is NO REASON why a team that is supposed to be a contender should be #31 in the league in the red zone.

The Chiefs are basically one thing - turnover differential. Turnovers are masking the fact that the head coach and offense are mediocre on their best days. This isn't going to last, and Reid gets outcoached so often that as soon as the turnovers, forget it.

A 2 or 3 game stretch where we are even in turnovers would probably end this season.

CoMoChief
11-27-2016, 02:40 PM
For those who want Reid fired...who the fuck are the Chiefs going to hire to replace him?

DaneMcCloud
11-27-2016, 02:45 PM
For those who want Reid fired...who the fuck are the Chiefs going to hire to replace him?

I don't want Reid fired but I'd take Kyle Shanahan in a heartbeat.

Eleazar
11-27-2016, 02:49 PM
For those who want Reid fired...who the **** are the Chiefs going to hire to replace him?

If the Chiefs miss the playoffs, and I think there is a decent chance that they do - if Denver cornholes us as expected, our chances are probably just 50/50 - then you probably hire someone off a playoff team this year.

Regardless though, you pick an up and coming assistant coach from a successful team.

I don't know who would be a realistic choice, but the first guy I think of is Tom Clements. We need someone who's lived in an organization that's been a long term success, who has experience and a track record with quarterbacks, and someone who can work with Dorsey and probably shares the same vision for what makes a team successful in the postseason.

We can do a hell of a lot better than a clown who doesn't know when to call time out after 30 years.

Why would we expect Reid to change today? He doesn't make any adjustments in a game, or a season, or in his own coaching philosophy until his hand is forced. We know the Hunt family won't force his hand and tell him to stop calling plays or hire an OC.

He's the same coach he has always been. He has never gotten better. His flaws 10 or 15 years ago are still a problem today.

We won't win a championship living off turnovers, being terrible in the red zone, with mediocre quarterbacking, with play calling that minimizes what talent we do have on offense, and with a coach that manages the game like he's got a bet riding on the other side.

Since we know Reid will never win a championship, even if there's no an obvious candidate - so what? I'll draw one from the deck. At least we're moving forward then

Mr. Laz
11-27-2016, 03:40 PM
Andy Reid is a good head coach, the problem is his calling plays takes away from things that make him look like a dumbass. I'm pretty sure if he had a playcaller it would allow him to manage the clock better, would let him actually coach a player after something happens instead of thinking about plays.

He desperately needs someone to call plays since he would literally pass every down if he could. I think Reid has been calling plays way to long so he's so entrenched in what he does he has no idea why it's not working when there are simple solutions.But Andy is still the guy who sets the practice up to prepare for all these stupid plays he calls. If you practice sloppy, you play sloppy. If you only throw/catch 8 yard passes all practice long then you are going to struggle handling longer passes in a game.

We need more than just a new playcaller, we need a new offensive coordinator.

GloryDayz
11-27-2016, 06:04 PM

Do we have to do everything for the team and their front office?

GloryDayz
11-27-2016, 06:51 PM
Soooooooooooooo.

Trivers
11-27-2016, 07:10 PM
Soooooooooooooo.

How many beers so far tonight?

GloryDayz
11-27-2016, 07:31 PM
How many beers so far tonight?

None, iced tea.. You?

Eleazar
11-27-2016, 08:24 PM
Reid is lucky Houston is taking over this game, because this has been some of the worst play calling on offense that we've seen all year

Eleazar
11-27-2016, 08:44 PM
Reid must have had a hoagie in each hand since he couldn't challenge that obvious fumble

GloryDayz
11-27-2016, 08:48 PM
Reid must have had a hoagie in each hand since he couldn't challenge that obvious fumble

Yep. And why not. His staff had to have been telling him it was close.

JFC! So many other teams don't miss those sorts of things!

Eleazar
11-27-2016, 08:49 PM
Yep. And why not. His staff had to have been telling him it was close.

JFC! So many other teams don't miss those sorts of things!

Reid was too busy figuring out how to get the ball to all three tight ends behind the line of scrimmage on the next series

Reerun_KC
11-27-2016, 08:58 PM
50 yards of total offense in a half...

Reid is your OC
Smith is your QB

Eleazar
11-27-2016, 08:59 PM
Reid let the entire clock run away when we had the ball and 2 full minutes to work with. Then he for some reason thinks Denver will punt to the ball to Hill with :22 left and starts calling time outs.

Takes 2 time outs into the locker room when we could have had another possession.

Criminal stupidity.

CupidStunt
11-27-2016, 09:01 PM
There is no coach in the history of sport who can do sh1t when his starting QB finishes an NFL football half with 17 yards.

Alex Smith is redefining what it means to be a terrible football player. There are literally no words in the dictionary for this turd.

Eleazar
11-27-2016, 09:17 PM
It's Reid's job to challenge the defense. They just load up the first 10 yards like we're at the goal line or something, because our offense only goes sideways or in 3 yard out patterns.

He won't adjust... he can't adjust

CupidStunt
11-27-2016, 09:20 PM
In the words of Donald Trump, wrong.

Alex Smith is supposed to challenge the defense. He can't so Reid calls a pathetic, scared game to hide his pathetic, scared QB.

GloryDayz
11-27-2016, 09:24 PM
Reid will be just about ready for the 2nd half once the plane touches down in KC. He's so fucking old and slow!

Eleazar
11-27-2016, 09:24 PM
Even if you think Smith belongs in the unemployment line, Reid is the one who hand picked him and Reid is the one who won't make the change.

carcosa
11-27-2016, 10:09 PM
Fire his ass

Eleazar
11-27-2016, 10:25 PM
Those squandered time outs - who needs them!

Eleazar
11-27-2016, 10:26 PM
This was Reid's worst performance as a head coach at least since his tenure in KC began

CupidStunt
11-27-2016, 10:28 PM
25 attempts for 100 total yards

And of course,

ZERO touchdowns.

ROFL

farmerchief
11-27-2016, 10:30 PM
Reid must be given the ultimatum, either defer OC duties, or resign as head coach. I would be happy with either option. Him and his QB are pathetic!

GloryDayz
11-27-2016, 10:46 PM
Reid must be given the ultimatum, either defer OC duties, or resign as head coach. I would be happy with either option. Him and his QB are pathetic!

That's the only 1/10th-acceptable compromise at this point. It still sucks! Like keeping Alex, ONLY IF HE DOESN'T PLAY!

Eleazar
11-27-2016, 10:47 PM
Reid taking points off the board earlier in the game, even though it worked, is foolhardy with the way our offense is playing. That would have blown up in his face 9 times out of 10

Eleazar
11-29-2016, 09:17 AM
That's the only 1/10th-acceptable compromise at this point. It still sucks! Like keeping Alex, ONLY IF HE DOESN'T PLAY!

Reid is ultimately the person most responsible for the offense. His hand picked QB, whom he is standing by. His offensive line moves. His play calling. His clock management. His time out management. His use of the challenge flag.

There's no way around it - with an average QB and an average head coach, we not only win in regulation on Sunday night but we probably piss pound them.

13and3
12-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Where is the guy that posted this dumb ass post now?

Eleazar
12-04-2016, 06:18 PM
Reid managed, for the first time this year, not to do anything exceedingly stupid today. Credit him for that. This was probably the first week this season that he didn't set the team back being a terrible game day coach.

None of this changes the fact that what the Chiefs are doing right now isn't sustainable, and they will have to become a lot better on both sides of the ball to be contenders because the fundamentals for the offense and defense are average at best. The team can't keep winning games in flukey ways, and it isn't going to work in the postseason against teams that won't beat themselves. Brady and Big Ben will score in the red zone even if Trevor Siemien and Cam Newton and David Carr don't.

The point of this post was that Reid is not a super bowl caliber head coach and we'd be better off a few years down the road if the team for some reason decided to move on.

If you only care about winning regular season games, then I guess Reid is a nice, safe choice.

TripleThreat
12-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Whoever would vote yes is an idiot rofl.

GloryDayz
12-04-2016, 06:24 PM
Within his four walls he did an acceptable job today. I'm still unhappy he's playing Alex, but from the part of the game I saw he didn't make overt mistakes. I still wish we could find a top-tier coach, because I don't think he is.

JMO

notorious
12-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Within his four walls he did an acceptable job today. I'm still unhappy he's playing Alex, but from the part of the game I saw he didn't make overt mistakes. I still wish we could find a top-tier coach, because I don't think he is.

JMO

He put clown shoes on Quinn.

carcosa
12-04-2016, 06:27 PM
I hope he calls plays like he did today for the rest of the year. Creative and aggressive is fun to watch.

HMc
12-04-2016, 06:44 PM
Hell no. I just wish he'd abandon this dink and dunk horsehit offense. It's almost as hard to watch as was Herm's "Three Yards and a Clould of Shit" offense was.

Heh. 3rd and 13? Up the center's butt, obviously.

GloryDayz
12-04-2016, 07:21 PM
He put clown shoes on Quinn.

So, he's progressing.. Cool..

siberian khatru
12-04-2016, 07:22 PM
Yeah, Quinn had a bad game

Saccopoo
12-04-2016, 08:17 PM
Even if you think Smith belongs in the unemployment line, Reid is the one who hand picked him and Reid is the one who won't make the change.

You should post more. Witty, insightful, knowledgeable.

You are bringing a lot to the board.

I look forward to more really savvy posts such as those you've made in this thread.

Very impressive.

KCBOSS1
12-04-2016, 08:29 PM
20-3. Are you an idiot?,

13and3
12-05-2016, 07:02 AM
Reid managed, for the first time this year, not to do anything exceedingly stupid today. Credit him for that. This was probably the first week this season that he didn't set the team back being a terrible game day coach.

None of this changes the fact that what the Chiefs are doing right now isn't sustainable, and they will have to become a lot better on both sides of the ball to be contenders because the fundamentals for the offense and defense are average at best. The team can't keep winning games in flukey ways, and it isn't going to work in the postseason against teams that won't beat themselves. Brady and Big Ben will score in the red zone even if Trevor Siemien and Cam Newton and David Carr don't.

The point of this post was that Reid is not a super bowl caliber head coach and we'd be better off a few years down the road if the team for some reason decided to move on.

If you only care about winning regular season games, then I guess Reid is a nice, safe choice.
My dad always told me dont quit your job until you have a better one already lined up. If we fire Andy, then who in the hell is out there that is definitively better? Ill take winning playoff seasons without a superbowl over the 4 and 12 dumpster fire you get with the todd haleys, herm edwards, chip kellys of the world , or insert name of the next hottest unproven prospect of a coach.

GloryDayz
12-05-2016, 07:46 AM
My dad always told me dont quit your job until you have a better one already lined up. If we fire Andy, then who in the hell is out there that is definitively better? Ill take winning playoff seasons without a superbowl over the 4 and 12 dumpster fire you get with the todd haleys, herm edwards, chip kellys of the world , or insert name of the next hottest unproven prospect of a coach.

Your dad is a wise man... That being said, I don't think it's quite that simple for many of us. I suspect many are with me in wanting the organization, if not get rid of him outright, force him to do some obvious things he seems to resist. I think they all own the whole Alex Smith thing, but in the end Andy pencils-in his name (even if that's how he's saving hos job). But letting go of the things he's shown over time (perhaps not yesterday) to not be awesome at doing, like calling plays and clock management, I think the organization needs to simply force it down his throat. For the good of the team... If they'd do that, perhaps we'd all be happier and Andy might fight less after he sees the team succeed.

JMO

Marcellus
12-05-2016, 09:00 AM

JMO

LMAO

GloryDayz
12-05-2016, 09:21 AM
LMAO
I'll say I'm sorry when he gets us to a SB. With the talent he has nothing short of a SB appearance is acceptable.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk (so spelling be damned!!!)

Marcellus
12-05-2016, 09:33 AM
I'll say I'm sorry when he gets us to a SB. With the talent he has nothing short of a SB appearance is acceptable.

Reid has been to the SB as well as 4 NFCCG.

The team is 41-21 since Reid took over.

20-4 last 24 including playoffs.

If the only determine factor is winning a SB or bust to be a good coach then there aren't many good coaches in the NFL by your standards.

GloryDayz
12-05-2016, 10:26 AM

If the only determine factor is winning a SB or bust to be a good coach then there aren't many good coaches in the NFL by your standards.

Not since he's been here. I don't care what he did in high school, college, as an assistant with other teams, or with the Eagles, ALL that matters is that he gets the Chiefs beyond the AFCCG.

It's time we have that mindset because if we don't the "years since our last SB appearance" will just keep counting up.

Eleazar
12-05-2016, 11:01 AM

Reid is 1-5 in the games you are crowing about him reaching.

Almost all of his success was 10 or more years ago.

There are plenty of Martys out there who employ systems and schemes that succeed at winning games in the regular season, when you play teams of all qualities.

Winning games in the postseason against great teams takes something different. Those teams don't turn the ball over and give away special teams and defensive points and don't beat themselves at the rate the regular season teams do.

Reid has a career losing record in the postseason outside of one year and he has a career losing record in the postseason in KC.

Not much has changed.

GloryDayz
12-05-2016, 05:57 PM

There are plenty of Martys out there who employ systems and schemes that succeed at winning games in the regular season, when you play teams of all qualities.

Winning games in the postseason against great teams takes something different. Those teams don't turn the ball over and give away special teams and defensive points and don't beat themselves at the rate the regular season teams do.

Reid has a career losing record in the postseason outside of one year and he has a career losing record in the postseason in KC.

Not much has changed.

It's like the car owner who insists on keeping his kid behind the wheel, and family in the pits instead of a better supporting cast in the pits, and a better driver.

Clark could fix this if he cared enough.

Eleazar
12-05-2016, 07:32 PM
It's like the car owner who insists on keeping his kid behind the wheel, and family in the pits instead of a better supporting cast in the pits, and a better driver.

I want to have faith in Dorsey, since he has done such an (almost) impeccable job so far. He must see Andy's flaws and recognize that there are problems. I hope that when the inevitable crash comes, Dorsey uses it to make some changes.

Earthling
12-05-2016, 07:58 PM

I don't see Clark not firing Reid as evidence that he doesn't care about the success of the team. Or is that what you meant?

splatbass
12-05-2016, 09:00 PM
We need someone who's lived in an organization that's been a long term success, who has experience and a track record with quarterbacks, and someone who can work with Dorsey and probably shares the same vision for what makes a team successful in the postseason.

You just described......

Wait for it......

ANDY REID. Dumbass.

Coochie liquor
12-05-2016, 09:08 PM
Not since he's been here. I don't care what he did in high school, college, as an assistant with other teams, or with the Eagles, ALL that matters is that he gets the Chiefs beyond the AFCCG.

It's time we have that mindset because if we don't the "years since our last SB appearance" will just keep counting up.

Only one team wins it each year. You're sounding like a entitled Dungver fan.

Coochie liquor
12-05-2016, 09:11 PM

Not much has changed.

His career postseason record is 11-11. That's 22 games he's coached in the post season. He has more postseason wins as a coach than the Chiefs do as a franchise.

splatbass
12-05-2016, 09:23 PM
I want to have faith in Dorsey, since he has done such an (almost) impeccable job so far. He must see Andy's flaws and recognize that there are problems. I hope that when the inevitable crash comes, Dorsey uses it to make some changes.

1. Dorsey isn't over Reid. Reid reports directly to Clark Hunt.

2. Dorsey isn't as stupid as you. He wouldn't fire Reid even if he could.

3. What Reid has done this season with an enormous number of injuries is miraculous.

4. You are a dumbass.

GloryDayz
12-05-2016, 09:29 PM

He's part of the team that won't rehab Andy's problem parts.

GloryDayz
12-05-2016, 09:31 PM
I don't see Clark not firing Reid as evidence that he doesn't care about the success of the team. Or is that what you meant?

While I'd love to see him gone, I'd settle for him being controlled a lot more. And since he shows no sign of firing him, or controlling him (fixing/compensation the areas we all know he's not great in), so that makes me question the depth of his desire to win.

GloryDayz
12-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Only one team wins it each year. You're sounding like a entitled Dungver fan.

I've only asked for a SB appearance, so two go the the SB every year. With the number of teams in the league what do you think the averages are that, in a salary cap league, you should have appeared in the SB in 47 years?

Suffice it to say, we've defied the laws of averages!

GloryDayz
12-05-2016, 09:36 PM
1. Dorsey isn't over Reid. Reid reports directly to Clark Hunt.

2. Dorsey isn't as stupid as you. He wouldn't fire Reid even if he could.

3. What Reid has done this season with an enormous number of injuries is miraculous.

4. You are a dumbass.

47 years! You're the Hunt's wet dream...

splatbass
12-05-2016, 09:47 PM
47 years! You're the Hunt's wet dream...

We have the best chance in decades, and dumb shits like you want to blow it all up and start over. You don't deserve a SB.

GloryDayz
12-05-2016, 09:52 PM
We have the best chance in decades, and dumb shits like you want to blow it all up and start over. You don't deserve a SB.

I'll gladly wait for the end of the year if Hunt tells the press that he's told them that it's an appearance in the SB or bust.

And if he gets us to the SB, we give him another year. But if he gets another year, he has to accept the help he needs.

Oh, and shut the fuck you you cum-bubble blowing piece of fucking whale shit! (I thought I'd throw that in for good measure, dicklips!)

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Claynus lives

Coochie liquor
12-05-2016, 10:10 PM
I've only asked for a SB appearance, so two go the the SB every year. With the number of teams in the league what do you think the averages are that, in a salary cap league, you should have appeared in the SB in 47 years?

Suffice it to say, we've defied the laws of averages!

What do the majority of the teams that have won i the last 3 decades have in common?

A qb they drafted. Wanna make it a constant possibility to go to the playoffs or SB? Easy breezy, just draft a Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Big Ben, Eli or Peyton Manning, etc etc. There are lots of things that go into winning a SB. The first thing you need to do is MAKE THE PLAYOFFS ON A REG BASIS. You do that by compiling wing seasons in consecutive seasons. We're well on our way to another postseason berth. Only 1 season under this coach, and regime have WE not made the playoffs.

Sure-Oz
12-05-2016, 10:13 PM
The Chiefs are lucky to have Reid.

Eleazar
12-05-2016, 10:26 PM
His career postseason record is 11-11. That's 22 games he's coached in the post season. He has more postseason wins as a coach than the Chiefs do as a franchise.

since the Super Bowl in 2004, he has made 6 playoff appearances in 12 seasons.

Andy has won 1 out of his last 6 postseason games.

The 1 win was against a 9-7 team that made the playoffs because no other team in the AFC South had a winning record.

He isn't some postseason guru.

His style lends itself to the regular season, when you get to play teams that are mistake-prone.

O.city
12-05-2016, 10:27 PM
Claynus lives

Yep.

Embarrassing really

GloryDayz
12-05-2016, 10:29 PM
What do the majority of the teams that have won i the last 3 decades have in common?

A qb they drafted. Wanna make it a constant possibility to go to the playoffs or SB? Easy breezy, just draft a Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Big Ben, Eli or Peyton Manning, etc etc. There are lots of things that go into winning a SB. The first thing you need to do is MAKE THE PLAYOFFS ON A REG BASIS. You do that by compiling wing seasons in consecutive seasons. We're well on our way to another postseason berth. Only 1 season under this coach, and regime have WE not made the playoffs.

You're making excuses. But I agree too that we need a real QB. But the failed Alex experiment goes all the way to the top.

GloryDayz
12-05-2016, 10:30 PM

:shake:

splatbass
12-05-2016, 10:34 PM
I'll gladly wait for the end of the year if Hunt tells the press that he's told them that it's an appearance in the SB or bust.

And if he gets us to the SB, we give him another year. But if he gets another year, he has to accept the help he needs.

Oh, and shut the **** you you cum-bubble blowing piece of ****ing whale shit! (I thought I'd throw that in for good measure, dicklips!)

None of this will happen, douchebag.

splatbass
12-05-2016, 10:35 PM

This is true. He turned this team around.

splatbass
12-05-2016, 10:37 PM
His style lends itself to the regular season, when you get to play teams that are mistake-prone.

We've beaten 3 playoff contenders ON THE ROAD. If we can beat them in the regular season we can beat them in the postseason.

GloryDayz
12-05-2016, 10:37 PM
None of this will happen, douchebag.

What, the SB appearance? Cum-slut!

splatbass
12-05-2016, 10:40 PM
What, the SB appearance? Cum-slut!

Apparently 16% of CPers have an IQ below 70. Congrats! You made the 16%!

GloryDayz
12-05-2016, 10:48 PM
Apparently 16% of CPers have an IQ below 70. Congrats! You made the 16%!

Ouch, that hurt... I'd say only 16% of us knows that 47 years if too long to wait for a return to the SB, the rest appear to not care. Hey, sort fo like the Hunts, Dorsey, Reid, and Alex.... Dick-lips!

Saccopoo
12-05-2016, 11:12 PM
You're making excuses. But I agree too that we need a real QB. But the failed Alex experiment goes all the way to the top.

Failed...

https://media.giphy.com/media/Vg0JstydL8HCg/giphy.gif

Tell me oh Hindsight Nostradameus...who would have been the better option at the start of this "failed" experiment?

splatbass
12-05-2016, 11:18 PM
Ouch, that hurt... I'd say only 16% of us knows that 47 years if too long to wait for a return to the SB, the rest appear to not care. Hey, sort fo like the Hunts, Dorsey, Reid, and Alex.... Dick-lips!

Yeah, let's fire the HC when we are starting to be successful! Brilliant!

We can fire the HC every couple of years until we win the SB! Its worked so well for the Browns.

GloryDayz
12-05-2016, 11:25 PM
Failed...

https://media.giphy.com/media/Vg0JstydL8HCg/giphy.gif

Tell me oh Hindsight Nostradameus...who would have been the better option at the start of this "failed" experiment?
Carson Wentz.

GloryDayz
12-05-2016, 11:28 PM

We can fire the HC every couple of years until we win the SB! Its worked so well for the Browns.
Well, since 1969 we've tied them in SB appearances.

Look, I said he can stay another year if he just gets us to the SB... And if he stays, and is forced to do one of those things he needs to do (or not so), we'll be OK.

Saccopoo
12-05-2016, 11:31 PM
Carson Wentz.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/deadliestfiction/images/0/04/Spock_2267.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130418133531

You do realize that Wentz was drafted in 2016?

GloryDayz
12-05-2016, 11:39 PM
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/deadliestfiction/images/0/04/Spock_2267.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130418133531

You do realize that Wentz was drafted in 2016?
Yes.

We've known Alex wasn't a long term qb, we should have worked to get Carson, but we did. Just like we won't this year.

Saccopoo
12-06-2016, 12:05 AM
Yes.

We've known Alex wasn't a long term qb, we should have worked to get Carson, but we did. Just like we won't this year.

I hate to tell you this, but Smith has been pretty damn successful during his tenure with the Chiefs and if he isn't the starting QB through 2019, I'd be shocked.

However, what you insinuated was that Smith at QB has been a failed experiment. Smith was signed to play QB beginning in 2013. This is the fourth straight winning season and what looks to be a third playoff appearance (obviously premature at this point) under his play at QB (including a playoff win - which many deemed at the time as what was required by Smith to be considered a valid pickup by the Dorsey regime in 2013.

(And it could have been four playoff appearances if not for a bad fumble against Arizona in 2014 and could have been two playoff wins if not for another bad fumble against New England. Coulda, woulda, shoulda though).

I'm not sure how that equates to a "failed experiment," however, what I was asking was that what would have been the best option for the team at the position at the beginning of the "experiment" when Smith was signed?

And they obviously didn't feel that the cost that the Browns required for the #2 pick in the 2016 draft was worth what Wentz offered from a long term perspective compared to what they already had at the position.

However, they have made the effort to draft and/or sign a QB every single year that Dorsey/Reid has been at the helm of the franchise. Smith, Daniel, Bray, Murray, Hogan, Foles, etc. They haven't sat on their hands at the position. And I have no doubt that if they feel that a guy is out there that offers the possibility of being a legitimate QBOTF, that they will make the necessary moves to acquire that player.

Eleazar
12-06-2016, 12:08 AM
I think this is a good example of the low expectations of Chiefs fans.

Reid is "one of the best coaches in the game"

Alex Smith is "pretty darn successful"

If you look at winning regular season games, yeah. They've done fine.

That's not what it's about though - or not what it should be about. It's not about having a team that is fun to watch after your barbecue in September. Or making sure your season ticket investment is never wasted by a rebuilding year.

Eleazar
12-06-2016, 12:12 AM

Nobody really thinks they ARE going to fire him.

There are a few of us who are the weeping prophets - seeing the end of this from the middle, that it will end like the Marty years - and wishing we were already moving on toward someone who could lead us to the promised land

Saccopoo
12-06-2016, 12:17 AM

That's not what it's about though - or not what it should be about. It's not about having a team that is fun to watch after your barbecue in September. Or making sure your season ticket investment is never wasted by a rebuilding year.

Do you really need a rebuilding year after the team has had four straight winning seasons, got a playoff win last year?

Most good teams don't rebuild that, they continue to build on that success and would consider that a very solid foundation to do exactly that.

Dorsey and Reid have put solid pieces in place, built continuity in the team and have shown the success that puts a team in a position to make the right moves going into the post season. (They've added pieces to compliment all three facets of the team (offense, defense, special teams)and help the team moving forward.

That's not a "wasted" situation and something that doesn't need to be rebuilt.

Saccopoo
12-06-2016, 12:20 AM

There are a few of us who are the weeping prophets - seeing the end of this from the middle, that it will end like the Marty years - and wishing we were already moving on toward someone who could lead us to the promised land

And just who are you wishing for?

splatbass
12-06-2016, 12:53 AM

STFU Clay.

DaneMcCloud
12-06-2016, 01:06 AM

Who should they draft at QB in 2017?

Who should they hire as head coach?

Unless you have a firm answer for both, you're just trolling once again.

Claynus.

carlos3652
12-06-2016, 01:43 AM
Would you want to fire Mike Tomlin if you were a Pittsburg fan? In his last 7 seasons he has made the playoffs only 4x and has a 3-4 record. Lost in the SB 6 years ago... Losing 2 of the last 3 playoffs games in the wild card round.

I would keep Tomlin, just like I would keep Andy.

carlos3652
12-06-2016, 01:50 AM
Better analogy, would you fire Ron Rivera as a Carolina fan? Lost in the super bowl last year, - couldn't even qualify for the playoffs this year and will have a losing record, in 6 seasons, made the playoffs 3x and went 3-3. 4 of those 6 years with losing record...

this is the coach I would fire... because he doesn't win regular season games and is not consistent ... Andy Reid is more like Tomlin than Rivera...

Mav
12-06-2016, 04:26 AM
How does Clay keep getting back?

-King-
12-06-2016, 04:57 AM
Yes.

So in 2013 Dorsey should have drafted Wentz? Or what are you trying to say?

And how exactly would the Chiefs have gone from the 28th pick in the draft to the 2nd pick in the draft?
Posted via Mobile Device

Coochie liquor
12-06-2016, 05:27 AM

Which is who exactly? Since you're such a self proclaimed prophet you obviously have the info on the coach/qb combo that will undoubtedly lead us to a SB win. Also dear prophet, what are the upcoming powerball numbers?? TIA

GloryDayz
12-06-2016, 06:52 AM
I hate to tell you this, but Smith has been pretty damn successful during his tenure with the Chiefs and if he isn't the starting QB through 2019, I'd be shocked.

However, what you insinuated was that Smith at QB has been a failed experiment. Smith was signed to play QB beginning in 2013. This is the fourth straight winning season and what looks to be a third playoff appearance (obviously premature at this point) under his play at QB (including a playoff win - which many deemed at the time as what was required by Smith to be considered a valid pickup by the Dorsey regime in 2013.

(And it could have been four playoff appearances if not for a bad fumble against Arizona in 2014 and could have been two playoff wins if not for another bad fumble against New England. Coulda, woulda, shoulda though).

I'm not sure how that equates to a "failed experiment," however, what I was asking was that what would have been the best option for the team at the position at the beginning of the "experiment" when Smith was signed?

And they obviously didn't feel that the cost that the Browns required for the #2 pick in the 2016 draft was worth what Wentz offered from a long term perspective compared to what they already had at the position.

However, they have made the effort to draft and/or sign a QB every single year that Dorsey/Reid has been at the helm of the franchise. Smith, Daniel, Bray, Murray, Hogan, Foles, etc. They haven't sat on their hands at the position. And I have no doubt that if they feel that a guy is out there that offers the possibility of being a legitimate QBOTF, that they will make the necessary moves to acquire that player.
I'd say we've won despite Alex, not because of him.

I'd also agree that our scouting program isn't good enough to find a Brady or Manning (and will always claim the timing was wrong).

It just sucks to have Alex Smith on your team when you know other teams can find players like Brady, Manning, Wentz, Wilson, and Brees. Especially at the price the Chiefs pay for Alex.

But hey, I'm sure we will start for the coming years, because Chiefs. .

GloryDayz
12-06-2016, 06:57 AM
Do you really need a rebuilding year after the team has had four straight winning seasons, got a playoff win last year?

Most good teams don't rebuild that, they continue to build on that success and would consider that a very solid foundation to do exactly that.

Dorsey and Reid have put solid pieces in place, built continuity in the team and have shown the success that puts a team in a position to make the right moves going into the post season. (They've added pieces to compliment all three facets of the team (offense, defense, special teams)and help the team moving forward.

That's not a "wasted" situation and something that doesn't need to be rebuilt.
Is there anything wrong with continuing to build at QB or HC? It's not easy, qb is hard, HC is harder, but that's why you find the next Wentz (or die trying), and force Andy to concede play calling.

GloryDayz
12-06-2016, 06:59 AM
Would you want to fire Mike Tomlin if you were a Pittsburg fan? In his last 7 seasons he has made the playoffs only 4x and has a 3-4 record. Lost in the SB 6 years ago... Losing 2 of the last 3 playoffs games in the wild card round.

I would keep Tomlin, just like I would keep Andy.
Tomlin has Ben....

carlos3652
12-06-2016, 07:13 AM
Tomlin has Ben....

So over the last 4 years in the reguLar season and in the playoffs Andy with Alex is better than Tomlin with Ben. That's a fact. And we want to fire Andy, but you wouldn't fire Tomlin...?

Coochie liquor
12-06-2016, 07:30 AM
I've often wondered why Andy injured all the players during the Indy playoff game. It's like he didn't want to win or something...

GloryDayz
12-06-2016, 07:39 AM
So over the last 4 years in the reguLar season and in the playoffs Andy with Alex is better than Tomlin with Ben. That's a fact. And we want to fire Andy, but you wouldn't fire Tomlin...?

The problem is you aren't kidding! What part of "despite" don't you get? "Despite Alex"? "Despite Andy's play calling and clock management"? I think you've got concession that Andy's good parts (a decent Monday-Saturday coach) can be compensated for by some Sunday help. But Alex's problems with vision (seeing open WRs), and hitting open WRs (in stride), well, I'm not sure can be fixed. He may be razor sharp in practice, but more often than not we don't see that on Sundays. Don't get me wrong, I hope that changes, but far too often we get not-Brady Alex on Sunday instead of razor sharp Alex. Hell I'd be happy to see Alex have the same visible fire that Brady has - that doesn't even take throwing skills. Alex has sparks, I'd like fire... But that's just a personal preference I guess. Perhaps the home of 142.2 deserves a QB that's a little more like 142.2 instead of playing the part of the calm and mellow dude. Again, that's just me I guess.

As for Tomlin, I'm not sure I'd be happy with him but you'd have to ask Steeler fans. Ask me if I'd like to have Tomlin as our "starting head coach over Andy", and I'd say yes.

GloryDayz
12-06-2016, 07:42 AM
I've often wondered why Andy injured all the players during the Indy playoff game. It's like he didn't want to win or something...

Why would you remind us of THAT game??? :shrug:

%(/

:sulk:

carlos3652
12-06-2016, 07:55 AM
The problem is you aren't kidding! What part of "despite" don't you get? "Despite Alex"? "Despite Andy's play calling and clock management"? I think you've got concession that Andy's good parts (a decent Monday-Saturday coach) can be compensated for by some Sunday help. But Alex's problems with vision (seeing open WRs), and hitting open WRs (in stride), well, I'm not sure can be fixed. He may be razor sharp in practice, but more often than not we don't see that on Sundays. Don't get me wrong, I hope that changes, but far too often we get not-Brady Alex on Sunday instead of razor sharp Alex. Hell I'd be happy to see Alex have the same visible fire that Brady has - that doesn't even take throwing skills. Alex has sparks, I'd like fire... But that's just a personal preference I guess. Perhaps the home of 142.2 deserves a QB that's a little more like 142.2 instead of playing the part of the calm and mellow dude. Again, that's just me I guess.

As for Tomlin, I'm not sure I'd be happy with him but you'd have to ask Steeler fans. Ask me if I'd like to have Tomlin as our "starting head coach over Andy", and I'd say yes.

I'm not trying to tell you that your opinion is wrong or that my opinion is right - what I'm trying to show you is that all head coaches have strengths and weeknesses and you would rather have a coach who wouldn't meet your own standards you are trying to put on Andy... that's all ... over the past 4 years, Andy has been at the same level as Tomlin with Ben or better. You would have fired Tomlin based on the fact that in the last 5 years he hasn't sniffed a Super Bowl and lost in the wild card games 2x since and missed the playoffs twice... with the same or better talent ... so we might be winning despite Alex and / or Andy... but I say we are winning because we are playing that style of football...

bricks
12-06-2016, 08:13 AM
If I was either John Dorsey or Clark Hunt, I wouldn't fire Andy Reid.

I wouldn't fire him because all he does is win. Think about the stability he gives your franchise today and in the future through winning. Why mess that up?

I think Andy Reid will be here a long time and I don't see Clark firing him anytime soon.
Winning is everything even getting butts in the seats. As an owner, I'm licking my chops because I know that the guy I hired is contributing to making me profit and so I'm not firing him. No way.

Realistically, I think a change at quarterback has a better chance of happening instead of firing Reid or wishing he'd give up his playcalling duties. I'm thinking more along the lines of; let's get a new quarterback. Alex Smith sure ain't helping us win a Superbowl.

RunKC
12-06-2016, 08:30 AM
20-4 streak, 8 straight division wins, a playoff win and 4 straight winning seasons.

Andy makes some really stupid mistakes and we all want a new QB, but facts are facts. Andy's winning. He's a top 3 coach in the league over the last 2 years.

Sure Andy gave us Alex, but he also gave us Dorsey, Sutton and Toub who are among the best at their jobs.

You can point at Andy's record from Philly all you like, but it's different here. Dorsey changes everything. Andy struggled with consistency in his draft picks and Dorsey has cleaned that up.

Marty was a great coach, but the tandem of Dorsey/Reid is significantly better than Marty/King Carl. The difference is Dorsey, who makes King Carl look like an amateur Twitter GM compared to him.

Eleazar
12-06-2016, 08:31 AM
Who should they draft at QB in 2017?

Who should they hire as head coach?

Unless you have a firm answer for both, you're just trolling once again.

Claynus.

I am not trolling at all when I say that this success is not sustainable, particularly with an offense and a defense with poor fundamental performance numbers. When the turnovers dry up this is an average team.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that Tom Clements might be a good choice for HC that would make sense as a replacement if for some reason we had moved on from Andy and Alex after this year.

As for QBs in the draft, there isn't much at the top this year and we are going to be picking in the low 20s anyway. But the correct answer is probably that you cut Alex Smith and draft someone available in rounds 2-4, maybe more than one QB in the draft as a whole, and use Foles as your stopgap until they are ready. Smith supposedly is cheaper to cut next year than keep, so would've been the right off-season to make both moves.

Unless we had wanted to stay the course and try to fix this team after it were on the seabed.

It won't happen, we are about halfway through Marty II and those of us who see it are just going to enjoy usually fun regular season games and wait for real change to come

Eleazar
12-06-2016, 08:35 AM
20-4 streak, 8 straight division wins, a playoff win and 4 straight winning seasons.

Andy makes some really stupid mistakes and we all want a new QB, but facts are facts. Andy's winning. He's a top 3 coach in the league over the last 2 years.

Sure Andy gave us Alex, but he also gave us Dorsey, Sutton and Toub who are among the best at their jobs.

You can point at Andy's record from Philly all you like, but it's different here. Dorsey changes everything. Andy struggled with consistency in his draft picks and Dorsey has cleaned that up.

Marty was a great coach, but the tandem of Dorsey/Reid is significantly better than Marty/King Carl. The difference is Dorsey, who makes King Carl look like an amateur Twitter GM compared to him.

Nobody has disputed that Dorsey is doing an excellent job.

Nobody really disputes that Andy is good at installing a team and a system that is pretty effective at beating about 2/3 of the league in the regular season, if he can stay out of his own way and not cost the team games a la The Bucs game, as the most recent example.

If that is what we are after then we are pretty happy.

jjchieffan
12-06-2016, 09:00 AM
I am not trolling at all when I say that this success is not sustainable, particularly with an offense and a defense with poor fundamental performance numbers. When the turnovers dry up this is an average team.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that Tom Clements might be a good choice for HC that would make sense as a replacement if for some reason we had moved on from Andy and Alex after this year.

As for QBs in the draft, there isn't much at the top this year and we are going to be picking in the low 20s anyway. But the correct answer is probably that you cut Alex Smith and draft someone available in rounds 2-4, maybe more than one QB in the draft as a whole, and use Foles as your stopgap until they are ready. Smith supposedly is cheaper to cut next year than keep, so would've been the right off-season to make both moves.

Unless we had wanted to stay the course and try to fix this team after it were on the seabed.

It won't happen, we are about halfway through Marty II and those of us who see it are just going to enjoy usually fun regular season games and wait for real change to come

Hey Clay. Since you are no longer honoring your sis bet with Bosschief, are you ready to take the sig and avi bet that you lost to me?