PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith was not the problem Sunday, sorry haters.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 09:33 AM
Despite the common thought here that Alex Smith held down the team Sunday, Smith's overall production to the team yesterday graded out very positive in 3 rankings:
Smith: QBR 94.1, QB rating 99, PFF 71.9
Winston: QBR 83.6, QB rating 97, PFF 50.7

https://s13.postimg.org/3ky13ktjb/Week11_QBR.png

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-tb-kc-grades-winston-does-just-enough-for-bucs-win/

"Smith gained positive expected points (EPA) on 77 percent of his plays on Sunday, the second-highest rate for a QB in a game this season (Dak Prescott, 83 percent versus Chicago in Week 3). Put simply, more than three-fourths of his plays contributed to the team’s scoring margin, given the context and situation." - http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/126559/best-and-worst-qbs-of-week-11-kirk-cousins-excels-again

This is why we should use our brains instead of repeating the garbage fed to us by Mellinger and Teicher. If Smith only had 34 plays yesterday to do something with the ball and earns both a rushing and passing TD, a FG, to 1 INT (first red zone interception since 2013) and completes an outstanding 77% of passes ... we should probably focus on the real problem yesterday: The Defense. Who didn't show up and allowed Winston/Martin to hold the ball for 35 minutes, earn 24 first downs, and convert 68% of 3rd downs (league average is 40%).

Against the Bucs...
Alex Smith: 1 INT, 99 QB rating
Philip Rivers: 2 INTs, 80 QB rating
Russell Wilson: 2 INTs, 39 QB rating
Drew Brees: 3 INTs, 49 QB rating

The Franchise
11-21-2016, 09:34 AM
Does he get a credit in the win column for that one?

Go Royals
11-21-2016, 09:34 AM
Is Alex Smith your uncle?

The Franchise
11-21-2016, 09:35 AM
Oh and....

ACL! ACL! ACL!

notorious
Is Alex Smith your uncle?

OH MY!!!!!

TigeRRUppeRRcut
Pest you're been on ignore for 6 weeks, thought you would learn by now bud

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2016, 09:36 AM
i'll say this much.. the three (really two) missed plays we all know well from last week... and the one INT EZ throw we all know well... did a fine job of soiling any other good perception possible of Smith.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 09:37 AM
You guys better hurry and run to Clay's house to look for Plan B!

Molitoth
11-21-2016, 09:37 AM
You are the worst poster on these forums. Congrats.

RunKC
11-21-2016, 09:38 AM
Can the mods please revoke Tigers thread starting privileges already?

Mr. Plow
11-21-2016, 09:39 AM
Can the mods please evoke Tigers thread starting privileges already?

This.

Eleazar
11-21-2016, 09:40 AM
This team's problems:

50% Andy Reid
25% Alex Smith's regression
25% Injuries

In58men
Pest you're been on ignore for 6 weeks, thought you would learn by now bud

Sounds like you've been up all night trying to find ways to defend your hero.

Eleazar
Can the mods please evoke Tigers thread starting privileges already?

Evoke. This word does not mean what you think it means. :) :clap:

TEX
11-21-2016, 09:41 AM
Dang - You can hide anything behind certain stats. Trust your eyes for answers. Anyone who doesn't think Smith was a huge problem yesterday is not qualified to be taken seriously on the matter.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 09:41 AM
i'll say this much.. the three (really two) missed plays we all know well from last week... and the one INT EZ throw we all know well... did a fine job of soiling any other good perception possible of Smith.

The dude receives ridiculous amounts of criticism meanwhile other QBs can make those mistakes and have a worse record without similar consequence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxQA2znHiDo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H--0rZ0Dio

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-gameday-prime/0ap3000000727031/Deion-Sanders-talks-with-Alex-Smith-after-Chiefs-win - Deion Sanders

Easily the most underrated and under appreciated QB in the league. I'm not going back to the Cassel/Pioli days, I'm sticking with Reid/Smitty.

Quit drinking the Mellinger/Teicher/Clay haterade. Use your damn brains people.

TEX
11-21-2016, 09:42 AM

:clap:

This is all that really needs to be said. It's Gospel on this subject.

Chiefnj2
11-21-2016, 09:42 AM
Don't feed the troll.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 09:43 AM
You are the worst poster on these forums. Congrats.

Again. Facts, not fiction.

Thanks for the reply.

mrbiggz
11-21-2016, 09:43 AM
The defense wasn't stifling by any means yesterday, but they still held the opposing team to 19 points. A offense should be able to win those games 95% of the time at home.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 09:44 AM

And you had a meltdown in multiple threads along with Oak... and you let Dane get under your skin.

So you were saying?

The Franchise
11-21-2016, 09:44 AM
I bet BlackBob wishes he could have put his Uncle on ignore.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 09:46 AM
The defense wasn't stifling by any means yesterday, but they still held the opposing team to 19 points. A offense should be able to win those games 95% of the time at home.

Are you a paid football coach and have more credentials than Reid and company? Do you understand what time of possession is? Do you realize the league average in 3rd down conversion is 40% while we allowed them to 68%?

Thanks for the reply.

TEX

Yes - especially when you consider that they were in position to do so. Until they blew it. It's not like they had to get there - they WERE THERE. :shake:

Sandy Vagina
This team's problems:

50% Andy Reid
25% Injuries

to not put injuries at the top is ridiculous, in my humble opinion.

No Maclin? No Houston? No MP22? Hali with half a breath left? Concussions to QB and RB1? RB2 nursing something? Starting LG out on IR? Half a Gaines? No Dee Ford? Bailey gone to IR? Howard out? and Zombo getting time?

notorious
11-21-2016, 09:47 AM

No, No. You have it all wrong.

The defense should be flawless every game. What other teams actually expect their offense to produce?! I mean, they are simply there to not turn the ball over and set up the punter.

Offense should win these games? That's just crazy talk. LMAO

BigBeauford
11-21-2016, 09:47 AM
I'm not even convinced that this guy isn't a reverse Clay. There is no way he believes anything that he says.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 09:49 AM

No Maclin? No Houston? No MP22? Hali with half a breath left? Concussions to QB and RB1? RB2 nursing something? Starting LG out on IR? Half a Gaines? No Dee Ford? Bailey gone to IR? Howard out? and Zombo getting time?

The fact that Smith put up those numbers without his #1 receiver says enough about where the true problem in the team was yesterday.

TEX
11-21-2016, 09:50 AM
The fact that Smith put up those numbers without his #1 receiver says enough about where the true problem in the team was yesterday.

When did he put them up? I know one thing - he put the INT on the board when it still mattered.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
I'm not even convinced that this guy isn't a reverse Clay. There is no way he believes anything that he says.

Please send your complaints to PFF, ESPN, and the inventor of the QB rating.

bricks
Despite the common thought here that Alex Smith held down the team Sunday, Smith's overall production to the team yesterday graded out very positive in 3 rankings:

https://s13.postimg.org/3ky13ktjb/Week11_QBR.png

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-tb-kc-grades-winston-does-just-enough-for-bucs-win/

This is why we should use our brains instead of repeating the garbage fed to us by Mellinger and Teicher. If Smith only had 34 plays yesterday to do something with the ball and earns both a rushing and passing TD to 1 INT (first red zone interception in almost 30 games) and completes an outstanding 77% of passes (Despite dropped passes)... we should probably focus on the real problem yesterday: The Defense. Who didn't show up and allowed Winston/Martin to hold the ball for 35 minutes, earn 24 first downs, and convert 68% of 3rd downs.

Facts, not fiction.

I love stats. However, they can be smoke in mirrors.

Yes Alex Smith had a 94.1 QB rating, with 2 TDs and 1 pick and comp 77% of his passes. It's good and all, but the pick was an untimely one that cost the Chiefs the game. It's great that he completed 77% of his passes but what about the ones we needed most on 3rd down? You see what I'm sayin?

Stats look good and all yes but what's more important is to place or shift our attention to the details of the game and how it unfolds and that will
say more than the stats itself. That's my opinion. Sorry no intent to debunk your post or anything just offering what I think is more important in terms of what to
focus on.

Mr. Plow
11-21-2016, 09:51 AM

It sucks that the Chiefs are the only team playing with injuries. So unfair.

notorious
When did he put them up? I know one thing - he put the INT on the board when it still mattered.

It doesn't matter when he threw the interception......../guess who

Sandy Vagina

it's a fair point, but when the defense is allowing the opponent to milk the clock out (can't get off the field).. it puts all the more pressure on each mistake an offense can't make.

TB chewed up about 12 minutes in the 3rd quarter... and has another 5+ minute drive in the 4th. It was depleting.

Sandy Vagina
It sucks that the Chiefs are the only team playing with injuries. So unfair.

name their opponent injuries and compare the value in them...

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2016, 09:53 AM
but the pick was an untimely one that cost the Chiefs the game.

Smith did what so many here have been begging him to do. Take a shot in the EZ... be aggressive!

Happy now? :(

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 09:53 AM

INT or not the defense could have stopped Winston, they didn't. You are also acting as if the bad pass came in the final minutes of the game, well it did not.

Smith did what was expected on the ensuing drive. Score.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-city-chiefs/0ap3000000742933/Alex-Smith-finds-Albert-Wilson-in-the-end-zone-for-3-yard-TD

Drop the haterade buddy.

Reerun_KC
11-21-2016, 09:54 AM
No, No. You have it all wrong.

The defense should be flawless every game. What other teams actually expect their offense to produce?! I mean, they are simply there to not turn the ball over and set up the punter.

Offense should win these games? That's just crazy talk. LMAO

Youre killing it today....:clap:

ThaVirus
11-21-2016, 09:55 AM
INT or not the defense could have stopped Winston.

LMAO LMAO

TigeRRUppeRRcut
Smith did what so many here have been begging him to do. Take a shot in the EZ... be aggressive!

In addition to 2 deep balls. Blame Reid for the botched Kelce handoff. Blame Kelce for dropping a pass that could've been taken to the house.

Again, the Smith hate each week gets so old. It's so refreshing to have evidence to show that half of this place is incapable of using their brain.

jonzie04
He sucked on third down and in the red zone ..
I'll give it to you though, he was good when it didn't matter. In between the 20s and on 1st and 2nd down.
First drive (fg)

2nd and Goal at TB 9
(7:56 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete short middle to T.Kelce
3rd and Goal at TB 9
(7:52 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short left to C.Conley to TB 4 for 5 yards (V.Hargreaves)

3rd and 9 and he throws a 5 yard pass to a covered receiver.

2nd and 1 at KC 26
(8:56 - 2nd) (Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete short right to C.Conley
3rd and 1 at KC 26
(8:52 - 2nd) (Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete short right to T.Hill (A.Verner)

Don't remember what happened on the Conley incompletion, but he danced around like a penguin from happy feet on the 3rd and 1. Hill ran a 5 yard hitch, and if Alex gets the ball out in time it's an easy completion.

3rd and 7 at KC 40
(8:45 - 3rd) (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short middle to T.Kelce to TB 39 for 21 yards (C.Conte)

Hard to give any credit here. Kelce absolutely destroyed his guy on a drag, and a peewee qb could have thrown it 3 yards to him for.a 21 yard gain.

A few plays later
3rd and 7 at TB 36
(6:42 - 3rd) (Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete deep right to C.Conley

No idea what happened here, but the end result was a ball sailing 5+ yards over the head of a covered Chris Conley.

Last drive- beautiful chunk play to kelce becomes meaningless after throwing a pick in the redzone.

Sandy Vagina

What are you doing with this? the game came down to the last minutes. :facepalm:

RunKC
"I lost vision of the safety down there,” Alex said. “I’ve got to see it. It’s hard, it’s a bang-bang play. Obviously, it was probably the difference-maker today in the game.”

Straight from Alex's mouth, Tiger.

Suck it

notorious
Youre killing it today....:clap:

When man is given the proper material he can build the Sistine Chapel.

Reerun_KC
11-21-2016, 09:56 AM

Yes, cause we knew he wasnt capable of not looking past his first read and throwing the ball to the other team...

:harumph:

I cant understand why everyone including former players on TV are questioning Smiths pass right into the hands of the safety...

They need to read CP to fully understand the QB position.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 09:57 AM
It doesn't matter when he threw the interception......../guess who

1st Red Zone interception in almost 30 games. Sue him.

Are you mad that Smith makes 17 million a year to win games? He's the franchise QB so get used to it or stop watching. Pretty simple bud.

Sandy Vagina

Suck it

to be fair.. there's no way Alex would ever say, "our defense had a shot at the end, and failed."

so there is that..

Reerun_KC
When man is given the proper material he can build the Sistine Chapel.

With wood floors?

Reerun_KC
11-21-2016, 09:58 AM
to be fair.. there's no way Alex would ever say, "our defense had a shot at the end, and failed."

so there is that..

OMG yes!

Red Dawg
Dang - You can hide anything behind certain stats. Trust your eyes for answers. Anyone who doesn't think Smith was a huge problem yesterday is not qualified to be taken seriously on the matter.

Yesterday is just one game. His whole career this is what he is and last season was not much better but then defense and his legs made it easier to hide. Now his legs have become almost useless it's very easy to see he how bad he stinks.

His one job is to lead the offense to TD's and win games. He's been on the winning side of many games but not many were because he got it done when we needed it. Not turning the ball over is the only thing he does well and that is not good enough to even win the division much less the SB.

He's a crappy QB with a weak arm that doesn't score on a regular basis. Period.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
Yes, cause we knew he wasnt capable of not looking past his first read and throwing the ball to the other team...

I cant understand why everyone including former players on TV are questioning Smiths pass right into the hands of the safety...

Are QBs required to have a completely perfect QB rating to win all football games? Please answer for the record.

Again, you are proving the point that your over criticism of one position shows your lack of knowledge in this game we watch.

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2016, 09:59 AM

I agree with you. It was HORRIBLE that he pulled the trigger on that one. HORRIBLE.

truth is, I see it every week with other QBs. Difference is, there is NO room for error in this offense.. and when your defense gives up TOP and 3rd downs like that.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 10:00 AM

Suck it

Yet if Alex came out and blamed his defense we would all agree that would be the stupid thing to do as the team leader. To insinuate complete blame on him because he took the high road in his press conference shows your lack of intelligence.

Alex has never blamed receivers, players, or coaches thru his career. It's why Andy picked him. It's why he gets paid 17 mil a year and has the winning record that he does.

Facts, not fiction.

rabblerouser
11-21-2016, 10:01 AM

You're on ignore...but he still clicks the button to "show ignored content" and read your posts.

ROFL
Is Tiggie an alternym shared by KCNitwit and Blackbob?

Reerun_KC
11-21-2016, 10:03 AM
I agree with you. It was HORRIBLE that he pulled the trigger on that one. HORRIBLE.

truth is, I see it every week with other QBs. Difference is, there is NO room for error in this offense.. and when your defense gives up TOP and 3rd downs like that.

This was a classic game as to where the offense really needed to step up and carry the defense...

We all seen what was happening to defense....

And yes there inst any room for error.... Reid play calling and Smiths horrific QB play make the margin almost non existent... IT has to be perfectly executed. One 3 and out can derail the whole day and game plan.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 10:03 AM

so there is that..

He doesn't have the intelligence to understand this concept, give him a break.
This is why there are those of us can bring logic and actually donate to this place...and others resort to 5th grade name calling.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 10:04 AM
You're on ignore...but he still clicks the button to "show ignored content" and read your posts.

ROFL
Is Tiggie an alternym shared by KCNitwit and Blackbob?

As Dane put out so well last night, stop being a wannabe on CP and using this place to try to jump start your career. Just stop.

Mr. Plow
11-21-2016, 10:05 AM
it's a fair point, but when the defense is allowing the opponent to milk the clock out (can't get off the field).. it puts all the more pressure on each mistake an offense can't make.

TB chewed up about 12 minutes in the 3rd quarter... and has another 5+ minute drive in the 4th. It was depleting.

The defense has been good at 2 things this year - keeping the other team from scoring touchdowns and turning the ball over. The defense is average against the pass and weak against the run. It's not like the defense has been just shutting teams down all year. They are giving up lots of yards, but preventing teams from scoring. Which is all that matters.

What happens when the defense doesn't cause the turnovers it's been getting? You saw it yesterday.

For the record - through 10 games - defensively, KC ranks 16th against the pass, 27th against the run, and 25th overall.....and 5th in points allowed and tied for 1st in turnover differential.

rabblerouser
11-21-2016, 10:07 AM

Between Reid's ineptitude and Alex hitting the wall in 2016, it's really amazing that they were even in the game at all.

All kudos to the defense who went out and held the Bucs to under 20, despite injuries, to at least give the team the chance to win.

I guess you can't count on Eric Berry to return TDs every week...at some point, the offense has to move the ball consistently and score points without turning the ball over. That's their job description, anyway...

vailpass
11-21-2016, 10:07 AM
I bet BlackBob wishes he could have put his Uncle on ignore.

ROFL *winner*

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2016, 10:08 AM
This was a classic game as to where the offense really needed to step up and carry the defense...

We all seen what was happening to defense....

And yes there inst any room for error.... Reid play calling and Smiths horrific QB play make the margin almost non existent... IT has to be perfectly executed. One 3 and out can derail the whole day and game plan.

I agree with your first sentence in particular, but show me this O underwhelm like that with the good version of Maclin on the field, and I'd lose more hope.

Missing the good Mac is indeed a HUGE loss. Having Andy call the plays he does at times... HUGE loss.

rabblerouser
11-21-2016, 10:08 AM
The defense has been good at 2 things this year - keeping the other team from scoring touchdowns and turning the ball over. The defense is average against the pass and weak against the run. It's not like the defense has been just shutting teams down all year. They are giving up lots of yards, but preventing teams from scoring. Which is all that matters.

What happens when the defense doesn't cause the turnovers it's been getting? You saw it yesterday.

For the record - through 10 games - defensively, KC ranks 16th against the pass, 27th against the run, and 25th overall.....and 5th in points allowed and tied for 1st in turnover differential.

Actually, both teams had one turnover yesterday.

One team actually got points off their turnover, and the other one punted.

The team that did not turn their turnover into points is the team that lost the game.

RunKC
11-21-2016, 10:09 AM
Yet if Alex came out and blamed his defense we would all agree that would be the stupid thing to do as the team leader. To insinuate complete blame on him because he took the high road in his press conference shows your lack of intelligence.

Alex has never blamed receivers, players, or coaches thru his career. It's why Andy picked him. It's why he gets paid 17 mil a year and has the winning record that he does.

Facts, not fiction.

Fact-the Chiefs defense gave up 19 points.
Fact-19 points is below the league average points scored per game (23.5 is the avg)
Fact-19 points allowed a game average is 10th best in the NFL on defense amongst avg points allowed per game.
Fact-the Chiefs scored 17 points
Fact-17 points scored is good for 29th in the NFL amongst the NFL points scored per game average

You. Are. A. Moron.

The Franchise
11-21-2016, 10:10 AM
So let's get this straight.....

Defense does it's job and holds a team to 17 points....AND scores a defensive TD AND causes a turnover that allows the offense to kick a game winning FG.

All Alex does is win.

Defense holds a team to 19 points but doesn't chip in any points and doesn't stop the other team after Alex throws a game losing INT in the redzone.

What the fuck, defense!?!?!? Alex can't do everything!

Reerun_KC
11-21-2016, 10:11 AM

Defense does it's job and holds a team to 17 points....AND scores a defensive TD AND causes a turnover that allows the offense to kick a game winning FG.

All Alex does is win.

Defense holds a team to 19 points but doesn't chip in any points and doesn't stop the other team after Alex throws a game losing INT in the redzone.

What the ****, defense!?!?!? Alex can't do everything!

Welcome to Post Clayanus CP....

ROFL

WhiteWhale
11-21-2016, 10:12 AM
Fact-19 points is below the league average points scored per game (23.5 is the avg)
Fact-19 points allowed a game average is 10th best in the NFL on defense amongst avg points allowed per game.
Fact-17 points scored is good for 29th in the NFL amongst the NFL points scored per game average

You. Are. A. Moron.

It's like teaching a child to use velcro.

How hard is it to understand that an offense that struggles to score 20 points is a major problem?

rabblerouser
He doesn't have the intelligence to understand this concept, give him a break.
This is why there are those of us can bring logic and actually donate to this place...and others resort to 5th grade name calling.

Well, he also no longer seems to harbor the intelligence needed to ascertain red jerseys from various other colors...

Maybe he needs to go back to kindergarten art class, relearn the primary colors...then he can learn to throw to his teammates.

Or how about getting a QB that isn't broke, dumb, and colorblind?

fan4ever
This team's problems:

50% Andy Reid
25% Injuries

I'll agree to that...I don't care if we had Tom Brady in the backfield, Reid's play calling, game/clock management are all guarantees this team will only go so far...and I've had a lifetime of that. Was a Smith backer until the last two games...I now see him for what he is and so do opposing defenses.

Dayze
11-21-2016, 10:13 AM
If you think your team has a shot at winning a championship (which is the ultimate and only goal) with Alex at the helm, then I don't know what to say to you lol.

If you enjoy watching the season and don't really care if we win a SB, that's fine.
But don't get sideways with people complaining about Alex because they're likely sour on him because they realize there's zero chance of winning a Championship with him.

Mr. Plow

What the fuck, defense!?!?!? Alex can't do everything!

That was literally the difference in the game. The defense didn't have the big turnover to put the offense in a short yardage scoring position. Which, those aren't going to happen every game - so like a lot of us have been saying, the offense is going to have to step up, drive the field, and score. Which is fantasy football which we don't like.

The first offensive possession was very good....at least until we got down in the redzone.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
Actually, both teams had one turnover yesterday.

One team actually got points off their turnover, and the other one punted.

The team that did not turn their turnover into points is the team that lost the game.

Or how about the defense had 2 chances in the 4th quarter to stop the Bucs but allowed 5 minutes to come off the clock resulting in a touchdown when we were only down a score.

At least Smith and the offense did what was needed after the defense couldn't at least hold TB to a field goal: score a touchdown

Facts. Not fiction.

rabblerouser

All Alex does is win.

That is the stupid permeating CP on Mon, Nov 19. Or is it the 20th??
Doesn't matter; Tiggie is stupid forever.

jonzie04
11-21-2016, 10:14 AM

You. Are. A. Moron.

All Alex does is win.

http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m65ifa78gj1qgb7j6.gif

WhiteWhale
11-21-2016, 10:14 AM
I'll agree to that...I don't care if we had Tom Brady in the backfield, Reid's play calling, game/clock management are all guarantees this team will only go so far...and I've had a lifetime of that. Was a Smith backer until the last two games...I now see him for what he is and so do opposing defenses.

A tight end jet sweep in the red zone is among the worst plays I've ever seen called.

The Franchise
11-21-2016, 10:15 AM
BlackBob is a troll and should be treated as such.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 10:16 AM
That was literally the difference in the game. The defense didn't have the big turnover to put the offense in a short yardage scoring position. Which, those aren't going to happen every game - so like a lot of us have been saying, the offense is going to have to step up, drive the field, and score. Which is fantasy football which we don't like.

The first offensive possession was very good....at least until we got down in the redzone.

Or maybe the defense shouldn't have allowed TB to go 52 yards and score it's first touchdown of the game with only 10 minutes left in the game when we were done 1 score?? :facepalm:

The idea that the defense is excused from poor performance and the offense must clean up their mistakes is a joke. It's a team game. 60 minutes on the clock and our defense allowed them to have 35 of it.

Mr. Plow
A tight end jet sweep in the red zone is among the worst plays I've ever seen called.

Such a horrible call.

fan4ever

I don't think I've EVER seen that play called so I GUESS you could call Reid inventive...just not in a good way.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 10:17 AM
That is the stupid permeating CP on Mon, Nov 19. Or is it the 20th??
Doesn't matter; Tiggie is stupid forever.

You're still butthurt from the abuse you received from Dane last night. The writing is on the wall.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-21-2016, 10:17 AM
Play calling got us beat. Inside the 10 specifically.

Alex was what he is yesterday outside of the INT. He, like Reid, assumed it would be wide open and still threw it when it wasn't. Bad play. The OL didn't execute in those key situations either on the goal line.

The defense gave up 19 but in all reality was the worst it has been outside of Pittsburgh. I still can't understand how we never got pressure on Jameis. Very concerning.

I'll be the first to tell you that we need to draft a QBOTF in the 2017 draft. It's what we want, it's what we need. But Alex is not the main reason the Chiefs lost yesterday.

The Chiefs get a chance to change our outlook once again Sunday night. After what happened yesterday, a true contender will show up pissed off and ready to win a huge divisional game. A pretender will fold the tent. Plain and simple.

WhiteWhale
11-21-2016, 10:18 AM
I don't think I've EVER seen that play called so I GUESS you could call Reid inventive...just not in a good way.

ROFL He's a regular pioneer eh?

Dayze
11-21-2016, 10:18 AM

yep. anyone who says Reid is inventive...... so was the Slap Chop. That doesn't make it good.

threebag
11-21-2016, 10:19 AM
What was the avg. starting field position for each team yesterday?

Seems the Bucs won yesterday similar to the way the CHIEFS have been winning

2 punts suck

The Franchise
11-21-2016, 10:21 AM
You want an excuse for the defense yesterday? They get to use the injury excuse. Considering that Smith's offense was shit even when he had Maclin.....he doesn't get that excuse.

TigeRRUppeRRcut

Without Maclin and he completes 77% of his throws, has overall positive production and this is the point I bring up...the people drinking the haterade with a lack of understanding of this game.

This starting to look like the San Fran Carr/Smith controversy under Singletary. But thankfully, Reid is a winning head coach and isn't stupid enough like many of you on here to allow a controversy to happen.

Bowser
This thread is balls. Playmakers make plays when the game is on the line, and Alex threw an interception that cost his team the game at literally the worst time he possibly could. It was a one man route that was double covered. Alex should have never thrown that ball and the Chiefs lost because of it, period end of statement.

But other than that he was really good.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 10:22 AM
What was the avg. starting field position for each team yesterday?

Seems the Bucs won yesterday similar to the way the CHIEFS have been winning

2 punts suck

Yep.

And despite the fact that we had TB pinned on their own 4 yard line, the defense stupidly allowed them to move the ball 60 yards.

And what did the offense do afterwards? -> Score a touchdown.

Keep blaming the offense you dummies.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-21-2016, 10:22 AM
Yesterday was the definition of a team loss. Next week will have to be a team win if they want to get the job done.

WhiteWhale
11-21-2016, 10:23 AM
Without Maclin and he completes 77% of his throws, has overall positive production and this is the point I bring up...the people drinking the haterade with a lack of understanding of this game.

This starting to look like the San Fran Carr/Smith controversy under Singletary. But thankfully, Reid is a winning head coach and isn't stupid enough like many of you on here to allow a controversy to happen.

The offense scored 17 points against one of the worst defenses in the NFL, and you're yucking it up about completion percentage.

So pointless.

Meanwhile a rookie in Dallas is going to eclipse Alex's best season by a landslide on his first try.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
This thread is balls. Playmakers make plays when the game is on the line, and Alex threw an interception that cost his team the game at literally the worst time he possibly could. It was a one man route that was double covered. Alex should have never thrown that ball and the Chiefs lost because of it, period end of statement.

Are you saying Smith/Offense didn't drive 78 yards down the field and score a touchdown to respond to TB's TD?

Yes or no.

rabblerouser
Or how about the defense had 2 chances in the 4th quarter to stop the Bucs but allowed 5 minutes to come off the clock resulting in a touchdown when we were only down a score.

At least Smith and the offense did what was needed after the defense couldn't at least hold TB to a field goal: score a touchdown

Facts. Not fiction.

Too little too late after giving the game away on the back breaking interception.

The TD he got after throwing the INT was the one he should've had on the drive before. It didn't matter at that point; Tampa went full on prevent and GAVE HIM 10 yard dink and dunk passes. That's why it took 4 min for him to score your vaunted TD.

Hey EVERYONE!! Alex Smith scored a TD yesterday! So it wasn't his fault they lost by 2 points after a 14 point swing on an INT in the red zone!

Because Tiggie says so.

ROFL

All they needed was 20. If Alex throws incomplete on 2nd and 3rd down, instead of a PICK that was returned to the 50, then the Chiefs win.

The interception was the killer. Worse than Reid's timeout. Worse than the Defense giving up 19 points

Alex isn't asked to do much. What he IS asked to do, is not turn the ball over, and not put his defense in a bad position. Which he has failed at considerably since his concussion. The defense totally bailed him out against Jax; fact is, he has not been the same player this year, and he's definitely not been the same since Indy.

Anyone can tell themselves whatever, but fact is, he's done. Better just get use to it now.

threebag

Your avatar makes me laugh everytime i see it now.

rabblerouser
11-21-2016, 10:24 AM
The offense scored 17 points, and you're yucking it up about completion percentage.

That's because he's an idiot who believes that he's actually smart.

Terrible combination.

KCUnited
11-21-2016, 10:24 AM
Oh look, another Alex's Nephew thread.

The Franchise
11-21-2016, 10:25 AM
Are you saying Smith/Offense didn't drive 78 yards down the field and score a touchdown to respond to TB's TD?

Yes or no.

All Smith does is win.......in fucking garbage time.

WhiteWhale
Yep.

And despite the fact that we had TB pinned on their own 4 yard line, the defense stupidly allowed them to move the ball 60 yards.

And what did the offense do afterwards? -> Score a touchdown.

Keep blaming the offense you dummies.

17 points against one of the worst defenses in the league.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
The offense scored 17 points, and you're yucking it up about completion percentage.

Only had 25 minutes with the ball because we gave up 24 first downs on defense. Our offense actually scored quite quickly when we did have the rock as both TD drives were done in 4 minutes or less.

Facts, not fiction.

Next question.

rabblerouser
11-21-2016, 10:27 AM
Oh look, another Alex's Nephew thread.

Ah, Alex is Tiggie's uncle? Makes sense now.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
Too little too late after giving the game away on the back breaking interception.

The TD he got after throwing the INT was the one he should've had on the drive before. It didn't matter at that point; Tampa went full on prevent and GAVE HIM 10 yard dink and dunk passes. That's why it took 4 min for him to score your vaunted TD.

Hey EVERYONE!! Alex Smith scored a TD yesterday! So it wasn't his fault they lost by 2 points after a 14 point swing on an INT in the red zone!

Because Tiggie says so.

ROFL

All they needed was 20. If Alex throws incomplete on 2nd and 3rd down, instead of a PICK that was returned to the 50, then the Chiefs win.

The interception was the killer. Worse than Reid's timeout. Worse than the Defense giving up 19 points

Alex isn't asked to do much. What he IS asked to do, is not turn the ball over, and not put his defense in a bad position. Which he has failed at considerably since his concussion. The defense totally bailed him out against Jax; fact is, he has not been the same player this year, and he's definitely not been the same since Indy.

Anyone can tell themselves whatever, but fact is, he's done. Better just get use to it now.

tatorhog

Yes or no.

You should watch the fish sticks episode of South Park.

You're Kanye West.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
Bowser it's a very simple question. Yes or no.

The Franchise
11-21-2016, 10:28 AM

Alex: 0-1
Jameis: 1-0

WhiteWhale
That's because he's an idiot who believes that he's actually smart.

Terrible combination.

People can put it all on Alex, but there's a bottom line here:

The point is this: KC's offense this year is atrocious. Period. They've taken a huge step backwards from last year, and they were hardly amazing or even good last year. They were passable at best.

This isn't about blaming anyone for one game, it's about recognizing a pattern of failure.

JakeLV
A team scores 19 points against the defense, and the offense, led by Smith, can't best that... so the problem is the defense?

*insert snark here*

rabblerouser
11-21-2016, 10:29 AM
17 points against one of the worst defenses in the league.

ROFL

He's a ****ing troll. At this point he can't possibly be serious. NO ONE can simultaneously literate and yet that stupid.

It's not mathematically possible.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 10:29 AM
A team scores 19 points against the defense, and the offense, led by Smith, can't best that... so the problem is the defense?

*insert snark here*

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 10:30 AM
ROFL

He's a ****ing troll. At this point he can't possibly be serious. NO ONE can simultaneously literate and yet that stupid.

You waiting around on CP for your master Dane?

WhiteWhale

Nobody cares.

The offense scored 17 points against a terrible defense and you're saying everything is fine.

You're wrong. Objectively.

The Franchise

JakeLV

Awesome, statistically, their QB played a little worse.

How does that prove Alex wasn't the problem yesterday?

The Franchise
Wins are the only thing that matters.....when we win. Once we lose....then it's all about stats!

RunKC

You. Are. A. Moron.

I see Tiger ignores the "facts" that tell the real story

Bowser
11-21-2016, 10:31 AM

Yes or no.

Yay prevent defense, played by one of the worst defenses in the league!

WhiteWhale
11-21-2016, 10:31 AM
ROFL

Oh, I disagree.

I mean, you realize there are flat earthers with college degrees right?

Never underestimate how stupid people can be.

WhiteWhale
11-21-2016, 10:32 AM
Yay prevent defense, played by one of the worst defenses in the league!

Their first touchdown of the game.... in the 4th quarter!

Mr. Plow

Blackbob: 0-1
Blackbob's uncle: 1-0

rabblerouser
People can put it all on Alex, but there's a bottom line here:

The point is this: KC's offense this year is atrocious. Period. They've taken a huge step backwards from last year, and they were hardly amazing or even good last year. They were passable at best.

This isn't about blaming anyone for one game, it's about recognizing a pattern of failure.yup.

Alex has totally hit the wall.

I've been vocal about Reid for years, but I've given Alex a pass in the past 3 because I realize that he is truly an extension of his coach on the field. Garbage in, garbage out when Reid is your HC/OC...but this year, Alex looks slower. Older.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't retire by the end of the year.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
Awesome, statistically, their QB played a little worse.

How does that prove Alex wasn't the problem yesterday?

Call your mommy and have her read the OP for you. All the way thru. You can do it!

RunKC
You want an excuse for the defense yesterday? They get to use the injury excuse. Considering that Smith's offense was shit even when he had Maclin.....he doesn't get that excuse.

Defense doesn't even need an excuse. They gave up 19 fucking points without Ford or Peters.

They did their job

ChiefsCountry
11-21-2016, 10:33 AM
What sucks more TigerBob threads or TigerBob on his uncle's dick?

JakeLV
Call your mommy and have her read the OP for you. All the way thru. You can do it!

Why would I call my mom, when I've got yours right here?

Your argument disintegrates, so you revert to childishness? Nice.

fan4ever

Lack of understanding of the game...precious...from a guy who thinks stats are an accurate portrayal of what happened on the football field. I'm not saying Smith should be benched or even Foles should start...Smith is the best we can do for now...I'm saying he's not even close to being an elite QB despite some great games in the past...and not worthy of all the man-love you and others give him. A lot of QB's in this league have had stunning performances upon occasion...the difference is performing at a high level on a consistent basis...not every once in a while.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 10:34 AM
yup.

Alex has totally hit the wall.

I've been vocal about Reid for years, but I've given Alex a pass in the past 3 because I realize that he is truly an extension of his coach on the field. Garbage in, garbage out when Reid is your HC/OC...but this year, Alex looks slower. Older.

You do understand Smith (Barring injury) is your starting QB until 2018?
Hate to break it to you but this isn't Madden and you don't get to trade with your friends online.

Simply Red
Oh well, It's only a game.

The Franchise
As long as BlackBob is around......I'll be cheering for Alex and CTE to meet.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 10:36 AM
Lack of understanding of the game...precious...from a guy who thinks stats are an accurate portrayal of what happened on the football field. I'm not saying Smith should be benched or even Foles should start...Smith is the best we can do for now...I'm saying he's not even close to being an elite QB despite some great games in the past...and not worthy of all the man-love you and others give him. A lot of QB's in this league have had stunning performances upon occasion...the difference is performing at a high level on a consistent basis...not every once in a while.

But if you read carefully nobody has called Smith elite. He's a capable game manager with the potential to play very well as seen by many games with us and his career playoff performances.
The point is to show that this is a team game and the defense cannot be excused from criticism. The offense is far from its standards in 2015, but then again we won't know the full product that we have until our #1 receiver is back healthy....

Sandy Vagina

If the season keeps going downhill..if Smith loses faith in Andy's playcalls.. if his wife is chirping it in his ear...

Yep.

Reerun_KC
As long as BlackBob is around......I'll be cheering for Alex and CTE to meet.

ROFL
Dude.....

pugsnotdrugs19
11-21-2016, 10:37 AM
You all are just spinning your tires on this thing, whether you like Alex or don't, or anyone else on the roster.

At the end of the day, it's up to the staff and the team to get this thing figured out, not us. If they do, great, we're all hoping for that, but if they don't, they'll go in a new direction. Nothing is going to change until the offseason.

I'll continue to pull for this team every week and see the good and the bad for what it is. If things need changed, I trust Dorsey will make it happen.

Bowser
11-21-2016, 10:37 AM
You do understand Smith (Barring injury) is your starting QB until 2018?
Hate to break it to you but this isn't Madden and you don't get to trade with your friends online.

The Chiefs could conceivably walk away from him after this season, and there's rumors out there that they are considering it. He keeps QBing the 29th ranked offense and it might well happen.

Reerun_KC
11-21-2016, 10:38 AM
If the season keeps going downhill..if Smith loses faith in Andy's playcalls.. if his wife is chirping it in his ear...

Yep.

Double concussions in one game would really get me to consider retirement...

Especially with he cash he has... I wouldnt risk it for some franchise that craves 9-7...

Sandy Vagina
But if you read carefully nobody has called Smith elite. He's a capable game manager with the potential to play very well as seen by many games with us and his career playoff performances.
The point is to show that this is a team game and the defense cannot be excused from criticism. The offense is far from its standards in 2015, but then again we won't know the full product that we have until our #1 receiver is back healthy....

love him or hate him.. I don't see how anyone could argue this post.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
Why would I call my mom, when I've got yours right here?

Your argument disintegrates, so you revert to childishness? Nice.

"The Defense. Who didn't show up and allowed Winston/Martin to hold the ball for 35 minutes, earn 24 first downs, and convert 68% of 3rd downs. "

Read thru the whole thing next time buddy.

Bowser
You all are just spinning your tires on this thing, whether you like Alex or don't, or anyone else on the roster.

At the end of the day, it's up to the staff and the team to get this thing figured out, not us. If they do, great, we're all hoping for that, but if they don't, they'll go in a new direction. Nothing is going to change until the offseason.

I'll continue to pull for this team every week and see the good and the bad for what it is. If things need changed, I trust Dorsey will make it happen.

Oh absolutely, but threads like this deserve to get shat upon, as does TiggerBob

fan4ever
ROFL He's a regular pioneer eh?

Hey, you don't call a time out for the opposing team as they're marching down the field with the clock running down just before the second half if you don't think outside the box every once in a while.

Reerun_KC
11-21-2016, 10:39 AM
The Chiefs could conceivably walk away from him after this season, and there's rumors out there that they are considering it. He keeps QBing the 29th ranked offense and it might well happen.

has to happen. In an offensive driven league. If you want to continue to drive fans away then keep him around...

But already we are seeing tons of empty seats starting to pop up on a 7-3 team...

Why? Because we cant fucking move the ball and score, especially when needed...

Bowser
11-21-2016, 10:40 AM
Yeah, Alex is a "capable game manager", right up until he isn't.

The Franchise
11-21-2016, 10:40 AM
love him or hate him.. I don't see how anyone could argue this post.

1. He doesn't manage the game anymore. That was obvious yesterday.
2. His potential is all but gone.....look at the games this season.
3. Our offense has been shit....even when we had Maclin.

srvy
11-21-2016, 10:41 AM
No Alex was not the sole problem but he was part of the problem. The interception was rookie type mistake no excuse for seasoned vet. Third down is always a turd with this guy. I don't care about QB % that's from being unwilling so take risks. We averaged 33 points a game last year that surprised me. We aren't near that this year he has regressed though he has all the tools around to succeed. You really need to stop being hard-headed and admit Alex has taken a step back this year. You do have some good takes but they are lost in all the Alex worship.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 10:42 AM
Oh absolutely, but threads like this deserve to get shat upon, as does TiggerBob

Because we don't want to live in the same level of miserableness as yours?

Makes sense.

Reerun_KC
11-21-2016, 10:42 AM
1. He doesn't manage the game anymore. That was obvious yesterday.
2. His potential is all but gone.....look at the games this season.
3. Our offense has been shit....even when we had Maclin.
This.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 10:43 AM
Yeah, Alex is a "capable game manager", right up until he isn't.

fan4ever

Well we can certainly agree on the "not elite" part. We aren't the Baltimore Ravens of old who could win anything substantial with an average QB...yesterday's defense proved that.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
This.

He led the team to two touchdowns in under 4 minutes. The other drive was stunted by play calling and Kelce missing a pass that could've went to paydirt.

please fail harder.

Sandy Vagina

Good post and attitude. Even though some of us will spin our wheels for conversation's sake, we know all of this to be so.

I'm just gonna enjoy the ride... even if it's bumpy, boring, or gives me the shits.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 10:45 AM
Well we can certainly agree on the "not elite" part. We aren't the Baltimore Ravens of old who could win anything substantial with an average QB...yesterday's defense proved that.

Which is disappointing considering half of our starters can/will make the pro bowl.... Houston, Berry, DJ, Peters, Jones, Poe, Ford.

fan4ever
11-21-2016, 10:46 AM

Oh, OK. I mean, I've only had 47 years of "Wait until next year" so that sounds good. Whew, feel better.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-21-2016, 10:47 AM
Idk if anyone else saw this... but pretty sure Kelce sent a subliminal message to Maclin yesterday in a post game interview. Can't link it right now, but it was on the Chiefs website.

Basically, a reporter asked what the offense needed to do to be better, and the only thing Kelce really said was that guys needed to be accountable and play through pain and being hurt. There was only one guy on offense that you could really relate that to...

Interesting.

fan4ever
11-21-2016, 10:47 AM
Which is disappointing considering half of our starters can/will make the pro bowl.... Houston, Berry, DJ, Peters, Jones, Poe, Ford.

Are you on drugs?

pugsnotdrugs19
11-21-2016, 10:48 AM
Oh, OK. I mean, I've only had 47 years of "Wait until next year" so that sounds good. Whew, feel better.

Yeah, you're right. Call Dorsey and tell him to draft a QB tonight. Fixed!

In58men
11-21-2016, 10:48 AM

How many years of experience does Smith have?

The Franchise
11-21-2016, 10:49 AM

Only the real stat matters.

Smith - L
Winston - W

dls6501
11-21-2016, 10:49 AM

Not sure why you keep posting this. Using these specific QB measures, Alex had a slightly better day than Jameis.

But hey, lets not look at the record column....you know, the stat you have been preaching is the only important thing.

And also, lets not look at the defense each QB was playing.

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2016, 10:50 AM

It's irrelevant, if discussing current QBs. This isn't about career trajectory.. which even much younger in age, can fall off a cliff.

Bowser
11-21-2016, 10:50 AM
Because we don't want to live in the same level of miserableness as yours?

Makes sense.Just because I don't suffer from delusions of Alex Smith grandeur doesn't mean I'm miserable. I know what he is and react accordingly. When he plays above his limitations I'm pleasantly surprised, and when he doesn't, like yesterday against the shit awful Bucs, I don't dive into excuse mode for him.

Yeah, all those amazing advanced metrics and he still can't mount a comeback win against a 4 win team, so who gives a fuck.

This shit you're selling is Dick Vermeil logic - "Yeah, their running back had 172 yards rushing against us, but if you take out the 79 yarder and the 48 yarder, and we did a pretty good job against him!"

kcchiefsus
11-21-2016, 10:51 AM
This team's problems:

50% Andy Reid
25% Injuries

Regression? He was never that good to begin with.

OctoberFart
11-21-2016, 10:52 AM
You guys and your freaking stats. Smith is an average QB who is never going to carry the team on his back and fail if he is the focal point. Why is it so hard to see for you guys? He sucks and you are not winning anything as long as he is your QB.

kcchiefsus
11-21-2016, 10:52 AM
Smith is averaging 1 touchdown a game. That is fucking pathetic.

fan4ever
11-21-2016, 10:53 AM
Yeah, you're right. Call Dorsey and tell him to draft a QB tonight. Fixed!

I'd like to call Hunt and tell him to take charge and get an offensive coordinator not to mention clock manager in there to help walrus boy do a better job. That would make a much bigger difference than changing personnel. Your "off season" solution is a sad old song to those of us who've followed this team for decades...

kcchiefsus
11-21-2016, 10:53 AM
You guys and your freaking stats. Smith is an average QB who is never going to carry the team on his back and fail if he is the focal point. Why is it so hard to see for you guys? He sucks and you are not winning anything as long as he is your QB.

Most people don't have a problem seeing that besides this retard Tigeruppercut.

Beef Supreme
11-21-2016, 10:54 AM
Let's start another thread where everyone can rehash the same arguments.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-21-2016, 10:55 AM
I'd like to call Hunt and tell him to take charge and get an offensive coordinator not to mention clock manager in there to help walrus boy do a better job. That would make a much bigger difference than changing personnel. Your "off season" solution is a sad old song to those of us who've followed this team for decades...

You might be right, they may not change a thing, and they might...

But I'm not losing sleep over it cause its out of my hands.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 10:58 AM
Most people don't have a problem seeing that besides this retard Tigeruppercut.
Most people, including you, gave up on this team last year at 1-5.

Stick to your video games sweetheart. The overuse of retard in your handful of posts over the last day has gotten very old.

In58men
It's irrelevant, if discussing current QBs. This isn't about career trajectory.. which even much younger in age, can fall off a cliff.

Only an Alex Smith fan would says it's irrelevant.

Lex Luthor
Please send your complaints to PFF, ESPN, and the inventor of the QB rating.

I've always liked Alex Smith, but I'm going to have to side with the Smith critics on this one. Smith may not have been THE problem, but he sure as hell had a chance to be part of the solution, and he blew it with the pick in the end zone.

This goes back to the argument people make about Smith not being able to step up and carry the team in crucial situations. He failed at that yesterday.

Lex Luthor
11-21-2016, 11:00 AM

http://i.onionstatic.com/avclub/5809/25/original/304.jpg

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2016, 11:01 AM
Only an Alex Smith fan would says it's irrelevant.

omg this guy's dumb as ****. ^ Okay.. we're done here. ROFL

#napsrawesome

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 11:01 AM
I've always liked Alex Smith, but I'm going to have to side with the Smith critics on this one. Smith may not have been THE problem, but he sure as hell had a chance to be part of the solution, and he blew it with the pick in the end zone.

This goes back to the argument people make about Smith not being able to step up and carry the team in crucial situations. He failed at that yesterday.

Which side were you on when the team was 1-5 in 2015?

Just curious.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 11:02 AM
omg this guy's dumb as ****. ^ Okay.. we're done here. ROFL

#napsrawesome

Inmem is on track to be the 10th person to be on my ignore list. But the beating he gets from Dane is too good not to read.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-21-2016, 11:03 AM
tweeted minutes ago..

"Watch....learn...correct.....on to the next. #denverweek #ChiefsKingdom" - Jeremy Maclin

Sounds like he'll be back.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 11:03 AM
tweeted minutes ago..

"Watch....learn...correct.....on to the next. #denverweek #ChiefsKingdom" - Jeremy Maclin

Sounds like he'll be back.

https://media.giphy.com/media/rl0FOxdz7CcxO/giphy.gif

The Franchise
11-21-2016, 11:04 AM
What will the excuses be when the offense doesn't improve with Maclin back?

Offensive line sucks?
Playcalling?
Defense not giving the offense enough TOP?

CoMoChief
11-21-2016, 11:05 AM
When the defense held the bucs to fg's over and over...how did alex smith respond? He continued to stall drives and go 3nout.

Yes the defense couldnt get off the field. But giving up 19 pts at home to a very avg bucs team should put your team in a position to win. But alex smith has to play almost perfect mistake free football in order for him to be effective. He needs to run in order to be effective. He needs to get kelce the ball in order to be effective. When he does neither he becomes a liability.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 11:05 AM
Thanks for driving up the traffic on CP today folks, I'm headed to the ER to save some folks from a visit with the grim reaper. Should be back by 10

The Franchise
11-21-2016, 11:06 AM
You know who else takes blame in that time of position battle? The offense for not converting 3rd downs. The offense hung the defense out to dry on Sunday.

The Franchise
11-21-2016, 11:07 AM
Thanks for driving up the traffic on CP today folks, I'm headed to the ER to save some folks from a visit with the grim reaper. Should be back by 10

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vdT2Wbr5Ons" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 11:08 AM
When the defense held the bucs to fg's over and over...how did alex smith respond? He continued to stall drives and go 3nout.

Yes the defense couldnt get off the field. But giving up 19 pts at home to a very avg bucs team should put your team in a position to win. But alex smith has to play almost perfect mistake free football in order for him to be effective. He needs to run in order to be effective. He needs to get kelce the ball in order to be effective. When he does neither he becomes a liability.

You understand the 2 TD's our offense scored happened in 4 minutes or less?

And that rather than giving up FG's we could've held them to zero but the defense gave up 50+ yards on each drive that led to those field goals?

Facts. Not fiction.

Beef Supreme
11-21-2016, 11:09 AM
"The Defense. Who didn't show up and allowed Winston/Martin to hold the ball for 35 minutes, earn 24 first downs, and convert 68% of 3rd downs. "

The Chiefs had the ball 9 times. The Bucs had the ball 8 times. While the Bucs did have long drives where our defense couldn't get off the field, the Chiefs had more opportunities to do the same to them. Didn't.

Bowser
11-21-2016, 11:12 AM
You understand the 2 TD's our offense scored happened in 4 minutes or less?

And that rather than giving up FG's we could've held them to zero but the defense gave up 50+ yards on each drive that led to those field goals?

Facts. Not fiction.

The Bucs were playing prevent. The Bucs have one of the worst defenses in football. Alex didn't have it in him to pull it off.

Facts. Not fiction.

Bowser
11-21-2016, 11:12 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vdT2Wbr5Ons" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO LMAO

JakeLV
11-21-2016, 11:21 AM

And only score 19 points.

Al Bundy
11-21-2016, 11:21 AM
The Alex Smiff interception in the end zone was the game losing play.

notorious
11-21-2016, 11:29 AM
Tigerbob is spectacular any way you cut it.

Either he is one of the most talented trolls to ever grace CP, or he is vastly over-achieving in life by breathing.

TambaBerry
11-21-2016, 11:30 AM
Tiger how much Alex dick have you sucked? The limited amount of plays fall on his and Reid's hands. They couldn't convert on 3rd downs, but wow he threw the ball in the flat to a receiver for a high percentage and made one NFL quality qb throw so let's praise him. Yay

KC Dan
11-21-2016, 11:35 AM
The Alex Smiff interception in the end zone was the game losing play.
This x Eleventy billion

jspchief
11-21-2016, 11:39 AM
Not just Alex. The entire offense. The play calling, the philosophy, the QB, the run blocking, etc.

The offense as a whole just isn't good enough. When they are really clicking, they max out at "pretty good". When they are playing at their average they are just mediocre. Get used to it, because nothing notable is going to change.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 11:41 AM
Tiger how much Alex dick have you sucked? The limited amount of plays fall on his and Reid's hands. They couldn't convert on 3rd downs, but wow he threw the ball in the flat to a receiver for a high percentage and made one NFL quality qb throw so let's praise him. Yay

50% 3rd down rate yesterday which exceeds the league average.

Facts. Not fiction.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 11:43 AM
Not just Alex. The entire offense. The play calling, the philosophy, the QB, the run blocking, etc.

The offense as a whole just isn't good enough. When they are really clicking, they max out at "pretty good". When they are playing at their average they are just mediocre. Get used to it, because nothing notable is going to change.

Healthy Jeremy Maclin changes everything. I mean he did have a 1000+ yard/8 TD season with a 70% reception rate in 2015...

ChiefsCountry
11-21-2016, 11:44 AM

Either he is one of the most talented trolls to ever grace CP, or he is vastly over-achieving in life by breathing.

See bold for your answer.

The Franchise
11-21-2016, 11:45 AM
Healthy Jeremy Maclin changes everything. I mean he did have a 1000+ yard/8 TD season with a 70% reception rate in 2015...

How'd that help our offense the beginning of this year, you fucking retard? Oh wait...I'm on ignore. Oh well.

ACL! CTE! ACL! CTE!

thebrad84
11-21-2016, 11:49 AM
Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't both sides of the ball get blamed for sucking dick yesterday and costing us the game against an inferior team? That's the way I see it. Now, I guess one can argue that our offense has been sucking more dick this year than our defense, but in terms of how both played yesterday I think they both had their fair share of gagging on a long, fat penis.

rabblerouser
11-21-2016, 11:51 AM
Defense doesn't even need an excuse. They gave up 19 ****ing points without Ford or Peters.

They did their job

Straight up. Winston had 300 yards passing and only 1 TD. I'd say that was fantastic under the circumstances.

All Alex had to do was BE A GAME MANAGER and not turn the ball over for the 14 pt swing. You know...what used to supposedly be one his strengths doesn't appear so strong anymore.

ptlyon
11-21-2016, 11:51 AM
Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't both sides of the ball get blamed for sucking dick yesterday and costing us the game against an inferior team? That's the way I see it. Now, I guess one can argue that our offense has been sucking more dick this year than our defense, but in terms of how both played yesterday I think they both had their fair share of gagging on a long, fat penis.

I'm seeing a trend here

rabblerouser
11-21-2016, 11:52 AM

Someone had to turn the computer on for him?

thebrad84
11-21-2016, 11:53 AM
I'm seeing a trend here

The trend that our entire team was a bunch of cock gobblers yesterday?

rabblerouser
11-21-2016, 11:55 AM

Because that's not how things work on CP.

Maybe people would've been more apt to chalk it off as an isolated incident, had we not almost lost the exact same game to pretty much the exact same shitty team the week previous.

Alex hasn't been good this season...but he's been absolutely terrible since the concussions. Something isn't right in his head.

rabblerouser
11-21-2016, 11:57 AM

Just remember :

Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and Alex runs his offense to perfection.

Aspengc8
11-21-2016, 12:00 PM
multiple contributing issues for the loss yesterday.

-Kelce drops a easy pass that would have been a walk in TD
-Parker drops INT
-Acker drops INT
-Smith had some bad reads (zone read on 3rd down, missed kelce on 3rd down, bad read on endzone INT)
-HORRIBLE tackling
-injuries forcing mismatches all over the field.

The beauty of this game, is that it takes all 11 guys to perform their jobs correctly. One missed read, block, tackle is all it takes.

rabblerouser
11-21-2016, 12:00 PM
You know who else takes blame in that time of position battle? The offense for not converting 3rd downs. The offense hung the defense out to dry on Sunday.

100% accurate. You know football.

Alex was 2/6 on 3rd down before the INT, when Tampa still played base.

He was 2/2 on 3rd down when they went prevent. For a whopping 50%.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 12:06 PM

This is a very fair statement

Chiefnj2
11-21-2016, 12:07 PM
4 years in and there are 2 certainties every single game:

1. Andy is going to mess up red-zone play calling.
2. The defense still needs to carry the offense.

The offense has very little room for error. If they misfire they don't have the ability to overcome little gaffs.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 12:08 PM

-Parker drops INT
-Acker drops INT
-Smith had some bad reads (zone read on 3rd down, missed kelce on 3rd down, bad read on endzone INT)
-HORRIBLE tackling

The beauty of this game, is that it takes all 11 guys to perform their jobs correctly. One missed read, block, tackle is all it takes.

Truth.

Silver lining was seeing Smith hit those 40 yard bombs, and running for that 11 yard TD when he recognized the defense was playing man coverage and no linebackers had their eyes on him. The INT with 10 minutes remaining sucked, but the defense had two opportunities to hold the Bucs after that and didn't contribute. Team loss. Time to move forward, hopefully with a healthy J Mac

rabblerouser
11-21-2016, 12:11 PM

-Parker drops INT
-Acker drops INT
-HORRIBLE tackling

None of that matters if Alex doesn't throw the INT and we at least kick the 3. That interception and the stupid timeout at the end of the 1st half by Reid that gave TB a FG to end the half were absolutely inexcusable. Andy Reid should never have called the timeout. Andy Reid should have never called a pass play on 2nd and GL with 12 min left, ESPECIALLY THAT ONE...and Alex should have never thrown at a double covered Conley without even looking anywhere else.

That's why it's on Reid and the QB. Because Reid is supposedly a good head coach...yet continues to suck at such simple stuff as clock management and he's not a very good play caller either.

Alex Smith is supposedly a game manager who doesn't make mistakes...yet here he is, firing directly into the arms of Chris "Thanks, Lovie" Conte for a backbreaking pick that is returned to the 50, in the 4th quarter.

Which, TigerUppercut, resulted in the ONLY TB TD of the game, due to the short field on the interception return. Because Alex left the defense in a bad position. Because he's just not a very good QB anymore.

Which is why the Chiefs lost. In case anyone was wondering.

loochy
11-21-2016, 12:13 PM
yep. anyone who says Reid is inventive...... so was the Slap Chop. That doesn't make it good.

We use our Slap Chop all the time, brah. Don't EVER compare my Slap Chop to Reid's play calling again, got it?

rabblerouser
11-21-2016, 12:14 PM
Truth.

Silver lining was seeing Smith hit those 40 yard bombs, and running for that 11 yard TD when he recognized the defense was playing man coverage and no linebackers had their eyes on him. The INT with 10 minutes remaining sucked, but the defense had two opportunities to hold the Bucs after that and didn't contribute. Team loss. Time to move forward, hopefully with a healthy J Mac

Maybe Alex should clean up his own mess and tackle the guy who picks him off before the ball gets returned to ****ing midfield.

Did you consider that in your astute observation??

In58men
11-21-2016, 12:15 PM
Truth.

All of this typing and yet Alex Smith still sucks

rabblerouser
11-21-2016, 12:18 PM
All of this typing and yet Alex Smith still sucks

Tale of the tape :

Alex throws a pick in the end zone

It gets returned to the 50

Defense gives up only TD of the game on short field

tiggie blames the defense

You can't make this shit up.

rabblerouser
11-21-2016, 12:19 PM
We use our Slap Chop all the time, brah. Don't EVER compare my Slap Chop to Reid's play calling again, got it?

Slap Chop>Andy Reid's playcalling

Dayze
11-21-2016, 12:19 PM

my apologies; and Noted.

LMAO

Aspengc8
11-21-2016, 12:25 PM
None of that matters if Alex doesn't throw the INT and we at least kick the 3. That interception and the stupid timeout at the end of the 1st half by Reid that gave TB a FG to end the half were absolutely inexcusable. Andy Reid should never have called the timeout. Andy Reid should have never called a pass play on 2nd and GL with 12 min left, ESPECIALLY THAT ONE...and Alex should have never thrown at a double covered Conley without even looking anywhere else.

That's why it's on Reid and the QB. Because Reid is supposedly a good head coach...yet continues to suck at such simple stuff as clock management and he's not a very good play caller either.

Alex Smith is supposedly a game manager who doesn't make mistakes...yet here he is, firing directly into the arms of Chris "Thanks, Lovie" Conte for a backbreaking pick that is returned to the 50, in the 4th quarter.

Which, TigerUppercut, resulted in the ONLY TB TD of the game, due to the short field on the interception return. Because Alex left the defense in a bad position. Because he's just not a very good QB anymore.

Which is why the Chiefs lost. In case anyone was wondering.

ALL of it matters. Yeah, it was a bad read by Alex. Yeah, Andy makes some bonehead playcalls (I'm looking at you, Kelce sweep). At the end of the game, all of that shit coagulates for the end result. I'm not a Andy/Alex fan, just looking at all the events that led up to the loss. This one is on the team, not any one individual.

BigCatDaddy
11-21-2016, 12:26 PM
Now I also remember why I quit talking football here. Dipshits like this allowed to ruin every thread and start stupid ass ones.

SAUTO
11-21-2016, 12:27 PM
He led the team to two touchdowns in under 4 minutes. The other drive was stunted by play calling and Kelce missing a pass that could've went to paydirt.

please fail harder.

Why do you keep leaving out the other drive? You know the one that Smith the an int on?

SAUTO
11-21-2016, 12:31 PM

This right here.

Sooner or later the offense is gonna have to win a fucking game.

fan4ever
11-21-2016, 12:34 PM
You might be right, they may not change a thing, and they might...

But I'm not losing sleep over it cause its out of my hands.

Oh, I've stopped losing sleep over it years ago...it's when I'm awake that it bothers me.

Dayze
11-21-2016, 12:34 PM
I pretty much only count on the offense to produce 10 to 16 points per week.

SAUTO
11-21-2016, 12:35 PM
The Chiefs had the ball 9 times. The Bucs had the ball 8 times. While the Bucs did have long drives where our defense couldn't get off the field, the Chiefs had more opportunities to do the same to them. Didn't.
Best post of the week.

rabblerouser
11-21-2016, 12:38 PM
I pretty much only count on the offense to produce 10 to 16 points per week.

"That's on the defense" -TigerBob

srvy
11-21-2016, 12:40 PM
Idk if anyone else saw this... but pretty sure Kelce sent a subliminal message to Maclin yesterday in a post game interview. Can't link it right now, but it was on the Chiefs website.

Basically, a reporter asked what the offense needed to do to be better, and the only thing Kelce really said was that guys needed to be accountable and play through pain and being hurt. There was only one guy on offense that you could really relate that to...

Interesting.
Yep I saw that on local news last night. Kelcie said we need to get some guys healthy and some guys need to play through pain. I really thought he was directing it as Peter's I'd forgot Mac could be both as many player play with hip pointers.

SAUTO
11-21-2016, 12:42 PM
And why is this even a thread?

Snica
11-21-2016, 12:46 PM
LMAO if the OPs world it doesn't matter what Alex does. He always grades out well regardless of the outcome.

All he does is win, even when the team loses.

loochy
11-21-2016, 12:50 PM

because dude is an idiot

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 01:04 PM
Now I also remember why I quit talking football here. Dipshits like this allowed to ruin every thread and start stupid ass ones.

Still butthurt

loochy
11-21-2016, 01:07 PM
Still butthurt

still mouthhurt

ThaVirus
11-21-2016, 01:09 PM
still mouthhurt

Ouch.

KCUnited
11-21-2016, 01:11 PM
I haven't seen someone get their shit pushed in this hard since the last Blackbob meltdown thread.

SAUTO
11-21-2016, 01:12 PM
Still butthurt

why would someone be butthurt?

BigCatDaddy
11-21-2016, 01:15 PM

Dude cant admit being wrong so he will spin shit until he is dizzy trying to be right.

BigCatDaddy
11-21-2016, 01:17 PM
why would someone be butthurt?

I am a little butthurt that this organization invested in a QB that makes watching the PBA exciting.

loochy
11-21-2016, 01:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/iZK5s65.gif

Mr. Plow
11-21-2016, 01:24 PM
still mouthhurt

LMAO

Meatloaf
11-21-2016, 01:25 PM
Alex Smith is just too careful and too analytical. He'll probably be thinking about the interception in the endzone for the next 7 or 8 years. Sadly, Reid is also a critical, analytical type. When these two guys get together, watch out, sparklers and snakes will break out all over the place.

Hard to argue with Reid/Smith's record, but Lord have mercy, we are certainly one boring offensive football team.....even when we win. If it were a contest between paint drying and our offensive prowess, I'd bet on paint every time.

Is it asking to much to be entertained by the offensive side of our football team? Sorry, but 3 field goals and a touchdown just ain't doing it for me. I want to see an offense that isn't painful to watch. As far as entertainment value goes, if it came down to watching a dentist pull teeth or see this offense perform, I'd take a good session of teeth pulling over this abortion of an offense.

Hey, it's Andy's team, so if this is how he wants to run an offense, so be it. I just don't enjoy watching it, nor can I get on board with supporting Reid or Smith in their lame efforts to resuscitate this carcass of an offense. But, we've still got a lot of season left, and who knows, maybe this offense will catch fire.

I'm still betting on paint.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 01:29 PM
Facts, not fiction.

Mr. Plow
11-21-2016, 01:37 PM
Is it asking to much to be entertained by the offensive side of our football team? Sorry, but 3 field goals and a touchdown just ain't doing it for me. I want to see an offense that isn't painful to watch. As far as entertainment value goes, if it came down to watching a dentist pull teeth or see this offense perform, I'd take a good session of teeth pulling over this abortion of an offense.

Some around here say that an offense that can....you know....move the ball down the field and score points is wanting more points for your fantasy football team. It's a logic that only a few special cases understand.

dls6501
11-21-2016, 01:39 PM
Some around here say that an offense that can....you know....move the ball down the field and score points is wanting more points for your fantasy football team. It's a logic that only a few special cases understand.

Anyone that has Alex Smith on their fantasy football team is most likely fighting to stay out of last place.

RunKC
11-21-2016, 01:40 PM
Facts, not fiction.

You still ignored my facts Tiger.

Mr. Plow
11-21-2016, 01:45 PM
Anyone that has Alex Smith on their fantasy football team is most likely fighting to stay out of last place.

Some people like those high first round picks to draft some offensive lineman.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 01:52 PM
You still ignored my facts Tiger.

Please refer to OP, that's all that matters.

Snica
11-21-2016, 01:56 PM
Alex Smith lives in the dump. Dump left and dump right.

RunKC
11-21-2016, 01:57 PM
Please refer to OP, that's all that matters.

Tapout acknowledged

jettio
11-21-2016, 02:53 PM
That definitely was a team loss yesterday.

You hardly ever see a team get a first down to run the clock out at Arrowhead in a one score game when the Chiefs have an above .500 team.

As much people want to complain about the offense. I am very confident that they would have drove for the winning FG if Tampa had to punt with 2:00 left in the game.

Beef Supreme
11-21-2016, 03:00 PM

You hardly ever see a team get a first down to run the clock out at Arrowhead in a one score game when the Chiefs have an above .500 team.

As much people want to complain about the offense. I am very confident that they would have drove for the winning FG if Tampa had to punt with 2:00 left in the game.

Except they couldn't stop them all day. If the game plan depended on a stop at that crucial moment, it's a shit game plan. How about the offense score earlier and not wait until the last minute and put it all on the defense ... again?

TripleThreat
11-21-2016, 03:13 PM

These are my exact thoughts too...

We were bound to lose a game with as many injurys as we have to key positions.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-21-2016, 03:43 PM
A year ago, we had just beaten San Diego on the road 33-3 in order to get to 5-5. This year the record is better, but the way we are playing is concerning and doesn't feel near as good.

That could change in a single game, though.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 03:43 PM

Ditto

SAUTO
11-21-2016, 03:59 PM

ROFL what gives you that confidence?

once again...

we by-passed a 54 yard FG because of the wind earlier in the game with a healthy kicker.
the kicker injured an ankle after that and the wind was still there (i realize we were going the other way but if the issue was either into the wind or with the wind to our back the panthers would have kicked theirs two drives later before the 3rd ended and wouldnt have waited for the clock to expire)

i have no idea how anyone could be confident that we would drive 40-50 yards in 2 minutes with no timeouts and then kick a good FG in that situation.

RunKC
11-21-2016, 03:59 PM
Alex got better as the season progressed last year. This year he's clearly regressing.

He's on the downside of his career. It's time to find his replacement.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-21-2016, 04:05 PM
I think Alex's 'regression' has more to do with what Reid is asking him to do than him actually 'regressing'....

We are passing the ball at an alarming rate for a 7-3 team that has been built on running the football. Our best offensive outing this year was Oakland, when we played smashmouth football. You think back to Alex last year and his good stretch. The running game was what we were known for and it made Smith much more effective.

He has never been and will never be a Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc. Put him in position to manage the game and lean on the run game. Otherwise, its going to be more of the same for this offense.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-21-2016, 04:08 PM
Alex got better as the season progressed last year. This year he's clearly regressing.

His accuracy says otherwise and we need to see what the offense can do with Maclin healthy in the lineup

Sandy Vagina
11-21-2016, 04:08 PM

No arguments on the replacement part. He'll likely be gone in 2018, if he doesn't retire this offseason.

SAUTO
11-21-2016, 04:11 PM
His accuracy says otherwise and we need to see what the offense can do with Maclin healthy in the lineup

ROFL