PDA

View Full Version : Life Will you outlive your spouse?

Rain Man
11-27-2016, 12:09 AM
Find out here: http://www.numericalexample.com/index.php?view=article&id=95

Life is unfair to men. I'm three years younger than my wife, but the odds of me dying in an earlier year than her are 53 percent, and the opposite is 45 percent. (There's a two percent chance that we'll die at close to the same time.)

It looks like you add the top row of each of the three scenarios to get the big picture.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-27-2016, 12:23 AM
That estrogen they have/had keeps them living longer, believe it or not

Bugeater
11-27-2016, 12:25 AM
That estrogen they have/had keeps them living longer, believe it or notPlease tell me that yours says you will die tomorrow.

Buehler445
11-27-2016, 12:26 AM
Crap. I answered wrong. I have a 36% chance of outliving her. Raw numbers.

It's probably lower than that IRL.

Third Eye
11-27-2016, 12:34 AM
It goes without saying, but I'm saying it anyway, that these probabilities don't really have any meaning to an individual, but only large groups. Also, odd choice for a mortality table.

Nickhead
11-27-2016, 01:34 AM
unfair poll, and the fact the woman always outlives the man. well not always, but the majority of the time.

i like to tell myself i go first and she goes within a week, but that is unfair to the rest of the family. i want her to live another happy hundred to tell our story. but only if she is healthy.

(i was thinking the other day, what are the parameters in which i told my wife 'if i cannot do this, smother me in my sleep') i don't want her to suffer any more than i did.

rockymtnchief
11-27-2016, 07:02 AM
That estrogen they have/had keeps them living longer, believe it or not

Not having big numbers in dangerous jobs keeps them alive longer.

RunKC
11-27-2016, 07:11 AM
Find out here: http://www.numericalexample.com/index.php?view=article&id=95

Life is unfair to men. I'm three years younger than my wife, but the odds of me dying in an earlier year than her are 53 percent, and the opposite is 45 percent. (There's a two percent chance that we'll die at close to the same time.)

It looks like you add the top row of each of the three scenarios to get the big picture.

How much plant based food do you eat?
How much sugar do you consume?
How much salt do you consume?
Do you exercise normally (walk 30 mins 4x week at the least)?
Do you stress out a lot?
Do you deal with stress well (yoga, running, praying, meditation, etc)?
Do you smoke?
How often do you go to the Dr?
How much red meat do you eat?
Do you have friends or do you stay alone a lot?
Do you sit down a lot during the day or do you try to move around even just a bit?

All vital questions

Coochie liquor
11-27-2016, 07:15 AM
I entered that I'm a Chiefs fan, it says my probability of dying from stress is at 100%

But in reality it says there's a 65% chance I die first. I'm 44, she's 42

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-27-2016, 07:45 AM
Hell, I'm in way better shape than my wife but then again I think I almost had a heart attack jerking off this morning.