PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Let's talk about the Falcons

Pages : [1] 2

BossChief
11-28-2016, 09:22 AM
This one worries me.

RunKC
11-28-2016, 09:24 AM
If we get Howard and Ford back this week I think we can beat them. This goddamn Ford/Houston combo gonna be fun as hell to watch

BossChief
11-28-2016, 09:30 AM
I'm a Chiefs fan, so I'm not counting any chickens yet.

Atlantas offense can do to us what Ben did.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-28-2016, 09:31 AM
Pretty much our secondary has to be on its A game if we want any chance.

If Ford is back, stick with rushing 4 and play a lot of nickel since their running backs are more speed than they are power.

Dirty Dan needs to have a good game, haven't heard his number called in awhile...

Hoover
11-28-2016, 09:33 AM
We just need to force a couple turnovers and we will be fine.

Really want to see Ward get cranked up again too. I think Maclin being out has hurt his production.

loochy
11-28-2016, 09:33 AM
Gaines and Acker will be TOASTED

This is not looking good...

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-28-2016, 09:34 AM
I'm under the impression with Jones and Nacho Roches... Bailey or Howard should be shipped for a pick/player and to relieve some salary cap in the offseason. Howard is good, but his absence isn't felt like when Ford/Peters/Houston/DJ are missing

loochy
11-28-2016, 09:37 AM
What do you think we do if Poe's back continues to be a problem?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-28-2016, 09:45 AM
What do you think we do if Poe's back continues to be a problem?

Spend the 8+ mil on someone else and draft another fatty in the 3rd round. Shouldn't change our draft strategy this year of what appears to be between corner/ILB/safety(depending on Berry) for the first 2 picks.

mcaj22
11-28-2016, 09:48 AM
Their QB is going to come out throwing early and often, Ryan has had a nice live arm this year and has been challenging pretty much every QB he has gone up against to beat him throw for throw. Matt Ryan has a green light to throw it around the yard. If the Chiefs stall on offense even more than one time they could be in trouble.

The Franchise
11-28-2016, 09:50 AM
They have a balanced offense. Our offense better not start out like they did last night....or we won't come back. And then everyone will blame the defense.

Chiefnj2
11-28-2016, 09:51 AM
Ford needs to get healthy quickly.
Maclin needs to get healthy quickly.

carcosa
11-28-2016, 09:53 AM
If we get Howard and Ford back this week I think we can beat them. This goddamn Ford/Houston combo gonna be fun as hell to watch

Yes

Sandy Vagina
11-28-2016, 09:59 AM
We get our main guys back, and we WILL not only beat ATL, but crush them.

wazu
11-28-2016, 10:03 AM
Do we know what Nelson's injury is? I doubt Ford will be back. Hamstring is generally a minimum of three week recovery.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2016, 10:08 AM
Well, if Andy and Alex aren't scared of their defense like they were Denver last night for 3 Qtrs and play like they did for the last 2, we have a shot.

Bottom line: our route to a championship is no different than Denver last year. We will rely on Houston and Ford to lead the charge. Who ever thought we'd be saying that a couple months ago? The offense, if fully healthy, has enough playmakers to carry its weight IF Andy and Alex play with some sack.

Bowser
11-28-2016, 10:09 AM
If ever there was a scenario for a letdown game, this one is it. Winning a dramatic division game on the road like that with all the implications it brought generally means being completely flat the next week.

But if they can go on the road and beat a quality team like Atlanta after playing an instant classic game in Denver, then watch out.

DJ's left nut
11-28-2016, 10:22 AM
This is the Steelers game again.

To me, it's house money. Win and I'll be elated, lose and I'll have simply expected it. But the bottom line is that even if they lose, they can't lose like they lost against Pittsburgh.

It's too late in the season to come out flat and unprepared.

DJ's left nut
11-28-2016, 10:24 AM
Do we know what Nelson's injury is? I doubt Ford will be back. Hamstring is generally a minimum of three week recovery.

I don't actually expect Maclin or Ford back next week. If either of those guys has another setback, it could take until the end of the regular season to get them back on the field.

This is a game that the Chiefs will struggle to win even with both of those guys. Their route to a W is going to be the same as it was against Denver, Carolina and NO - just ugly it up and take it late.

They can win ugly without Maclin and if Howard's back to keep the DL rested/rotated, that will help them deal with the absence of Ford as well.

ThaVirus
11-28-2016, 10:30 AM
I'm under the impression with Jones and Nacho Roches... Bailey or Howard should be shipped for a pick/player and to relieve some salary cap in the offseason. Howard is good, but his absence isn't felt like when Ford/Peters/Houston/DJ are missing

Jaye Howard doesn't make the impact that a bunch of All-Pros do? No way!

Titty Meat
11-28-2016, 10:31 AM
Trufant is out which is HUGE.

I think this game will depend on how healthy our D-line is. Those guys gave it everything last night but without Poe & Howard we're in some trouble.

ModSocks
11-28-2016, 10:33 AM
Trufant is out which is HUGE.

Doubt that.

ModSocks
11-28-2016, 10:33 AM
I think we have a good shot against Atlanta, so long as our pass rush shows up.

ModSocks
11-28-2016, 10:35 AM
Also, Julio Jones will get his. I was looking at a stat earlier this season that shows that the Falcon's success has no correlation with Julio Jones' success. Games in which Julio has gone off, they lost. Games in which he was held in check, they won.

The success of ATL's running game, however, has a direct correlation to their W/L.

Hoover
11-28-2016, 10:39 AM
I've always liked Andy Reid teams on the road for some reason. As the Chiefs HC he's 16-12 on the road. Only year we sucked on the road was 2014 when the Chiefs went 3-5

If we can get Ford and Maclin back I love our chances.

Bowser
11-28-2016, 10:43 AM
Give Ford all the time he needs. Hamstrings usually just need time to heal up.

Maclin must have split his dick wide open with that groin injury. Hopefully it's healed up enough that he can get back on the field.

Titty Meat
11-28-2016, 10:45 AM
Doubt that.

ROFL

RunKC
11-28-2016, 10:49 AM
I hope Andy takes it easy in practice this week. The Chiefs are playing 3 games in 12 days and the first game just played 5 quarters.

We've got a lot of depth if Ford and Howard come back in the next game or two

DaKCMan AP
11-28-2016, 10:56 AM
Gotta play ball control, keep-away this week to limit Atlanta's opportunities. A healthy dose of Spencer Ware.
<object style="display: none;" id="__symantecPKIClientMessenger" data-install-updates-user-configuration="true" data-supports-flavor-configuration="true" data-extension-version="0.5.0.161"></object>

Simply Red
11-28-2016, 11:02 AM
Let's go ahead and talk as if Ford and Maclin will NOT be playing - because I doubt very srsly that they'll be ready.

Bowser
11-28-2016, 11:03 AM
Let's go ahead and talk as if Ford and Maclin will NOT be playing - because I doubt very srsly that they'll be ready.

I'd rather them be available and fresh for the Raiders than against the Falcons. A loss to Atlanta wouldn't carry the weight a loss to Oakland would.

raybec 4
11-28-2016, 11:05 AM
Spend the 8+ mil on someone else and draft another fatty in the 3rd round. Shouldn't change our draft strategy this year of what appears to be between corner/ILB/safety(depending on Berry) for the first 2 picks.

What in the world makes you think you know what Dorsey's draft strategy will be?

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2016, 11:05 AM
I'd rather them be available and fresh for the Raiders than against the Falcons. A loss to Atlanta wouldn't carry the weight a loss to Oakland would.

Not if Buffalo wins Sunday, but a win would still be nice... they are capable.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-28-2016, 11:06 AM
Jaye Howard doesn't make the impact that a bunch of All-Pros do? No way!

Which proves my point he is disposable and we can use that 5+ million towards someone else

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-28-2016, 11:07 AM
What in the world makes you think you know what Dorsey's draft strategy will be?

Because they are the two biggest weaknesses in our defense? :shrug:

Al Bundy
11-28-2016, 11:10 AM
You assholes better beat the Falcons. BTW Doug Gabriel is quick AND fast.

raybec 4
11-28-2016, 11:32 AM
Because they are the two biggest weaknesses in our defense? :shrug:

They were also the two biggest weaknesses last draft (especially not knowing what we had after Smith departed) and we drafted Chris Jones and cut the corner before he ever saw the field. I think it's safe to say Dorsey's pretty darn unpredictable.

Pointer19
11-28-2016, 11:42 AM
We'll be fine.

ModSocks
11-28-2016, 11:56 AM
ROFL

When have the Chiefs ever been an offense that attacks poor perimeter players?

Here, I'll stop you from wasting your time.

Never.

Whether the D has good corners or bad corners, the Chiefs aren't a team that attacks with its receivers, therefore it's moot.

Molitoth
11-28-2016, 11:58 AM
Which proves my point Alex is disposable and we can use that 70+ million towards someone else

You love me.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2016, 11:59 AM

Never.

Whether the D has good corners or bad corners, the Chiefs aren't a team that attacks with its receivers, therefore it's moot.

I get what you are saying, but Hill has been good for a deep ball just about every game this year. Their best corner being out increases the odds of hitting on one or two of those, which could be game changing.

The Franchise
11-28-2016, 12:00 PM
I get what you are saying, but Hill has been good for a deep ball just about every game this year. Their best corner being out increases the odds of hitting on one or two of those, which could be game changing.

So Smith can underthrow him?

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2016, 12:02 PM
So Smith can underthrow him?

Sure. Yep. That's it.

The Franchise
11-28-2016, 12:03 PM
Sure. Yep. That's it.

He's thrown ONE ball deep to Hill that was for a TD......and that was only because he had to lead him by like 2 feet....and it was in the endzone. Against the Bucs....Hill had 3-4 steps on the CB.....and Smith couldn't lead him enough for a TD. Hill is too fast for Smith.

ThaVirus
11-28-2016, 12:04 PM

Never.

This is correct.

We don't exploit secondary matchups for shit.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-28-2016, 12:05 PM
Be nice if the offense could take advantage of a shit D for once...

RunKC
11-28-2016, 12:05 PM
Chiefs need to play in their subset most of this game. God it would be awesome if Ford could come back.

That subset of Houston, Poe, Howard and Ford with Tamba, Roches and Jones coming off the bench is going to be awesome

DJ's left nut
11-28-2016, 12:06 PM
Chiefs need to play in their subset most of this game. God it would be awesome if Ford could come back.

That subset of Houston, Poe, Howard and Ford with Tamba, Roches and Jones coming off the bench is going to be awesome

The problem is that Atlanta's capable of running it downhill if they really want to.

If you try to spend most of the night in a Nickel formation, the Falcons will attack your interior with the running game.

O.city
11-28-2016, 12:08 PM
The problem is that Atlanta's capable of running it downhill if they really want to.

If you try to spend most of the night in a Nickel formation, the Falcons will attack your interior with the running game.

Well, maybe.

But I'd make them do that on the assumption my defensive front can get enough stops.

We can't put 8 in the box and play single high man accross the board like we did last night. They'll eat us up that way.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2016, 12:18 PM
Atlanta is built to beat us for sure. Gonna need a bounce or two our way.

O.city
11-28-2016, 12:22 PM
If we can get some healthy guys back (Poe, Howard, Ford) we're gonna have a good game plan. The way you beat the Falcons isn't going to be outscoring them (thank god) but it's gonna be by just beating the hell out of Matt Ryan.

CaliforniaChief
11-28-2016, 12:23 PM
Gameplan:

1. Remove all the bugs from the locker room.
2. Win the game.
3. Dump the motherlode of gum and candy wrappers in every hallway and staircase that exists in that place.
4. Board flight and come home.

The Franchise
11-28-2016, 12:24 PM
Gameplan:

1. Remove all the bugs from the locker room.
2. Win the game.
3. Dump the motherlode of gum and candy wrappers in every hallway and staircase that exists in that place.
4. Board flight and come home.

Fuck....I completely forgot that his dumbass is still there.

Danguardace
11-28-2016, 12:31 PM
Maclin needs to sort his God damn dick to ball ratio and get on the field!

Direckshun
11-28-2016, 12:32 PM
Tell me about Atlanta's defense, anybody.

Who're their passrushers?
They play 4-3, right?
How's their run defense?
How are their safeties and corners?

DJ's left nut
11-28-2016, 12:33 PM
Well, maybe.

But I'd make them do that on the assumption my defensive front can get enough stops.

We can't put 8 in the box and play single high man accross the board like we did last night. They'll eat us up that way.

Still can't figure out what we were doing in the 46 all night last night anyway.

Just an odd gameplan that really did seem to dare them to let their WRs exploit us in favor of stopping two very mediocre runningbacks.

And for the most part, the Broncos defense did exactly that.

O.city
11-28-2016, 12:35 PM
Still can't figure out what we were doing in the 46 all night last night anyway.

Just an odd gameplan that really did seem to dare them to let their WRs exploit us in favor of stopping two very mediocre runningbacks.

And for the most part, the Broncos defense did exactly that.

I didn't really understand it either. They dared Siemien to beat them and he damn near did. I was impressed with him last night from a poise perspective, but to me, playing d that way played into his hands. You're not making him go thru progressions or whatnot, he's just throwing it up and letting his best players make plays.

To be honest, I wasn't a fan.

ThaVirus
11-28-2016, 12:39 PM
Seimian's got a pretty good deep ball but that game would have been much different had the refs bothered to call any one of a multitude of holds their OL was committing. Legitimately every big play in the second half had at least one blatant hold across the line, including one that should have resulted in a safety.

ThaVirus
11-28-2016, 12:40 PM

They play 4-3, right?
How's their run defense?

Vic Beasly is their main pass rusher.

Their defense isn't very good. We should be able to establish the run and work Kelce over the middle.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2016, 12:41 PM
On the Hali sack we actually decided to play zone and it (obviously) worked.

Need more of that. Mix it up Bob. Shit is too easy when you know the coverage every time.

O.city
11-28-2016, 12:41 PM
They just lost their best Corner for the year as well.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2016, 12:42 PM
Without Trufant, the Falcons have no one who can cover Kelce or Hill, and Maclin if he suits up.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2016, 12:44 PM
So when Ford gets back-- will the officials ignore when him and Houston both get held?

Al Bundy
11-28-2016, 12:44 PM

They play 4-3, right?
How's their run defense?

One of their starting corners is out for the year, but Keanu Neal is really good at safety.

O.city
11-28-2016, 12:45 PM
I'm excited about the thought of kicking Hali inside and a front of Hali and JOnes with Ford and Houston outside.

thabear04
11-28-2016, 12:45 PM

I hate how Cris Collinsworth was saying how DJ is slow from his Achilles injury. I was like man he been out of practice because of his hamstring.

Rooster
11-28-2016, 12:47 PM
Pioli works for Atlanta in some capacity doesn't he? Is Tyson Jackson still in the league?

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2016, 12:48 PM
I hate how Cris Collinsworth was saying how DJ is slow from his Achilles injury. I was like man he been out of practice because of his hamstring.

This week it was an Achilles.

I thought DJ looked fine last night though for the most part. Maybe a tad slow in coverage a time or two but nothing drastic.

thabear04
11-28-2016, 12:49 PM
Pioli works for Atlanta in some capacity doesn't he? Is Tyson Jackson still in the league?

Yup Jackson is still there.

Hammock Parties
11-28-2016, 12:49 PM
Don't think u guys can win this one. You barely beat one of the worst offenses in the NFL and now you're facing the best. Plus u probably out of gas after that barnburner lol

Falcons 35 Chiefs 17

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2016, 12:50 PM
Don't think u guys can win this one. You barely beat one of the worst offenses in the NFL and now you're facing the best. Plus u probably out of gas after that barnburner lol

Falcons 35 Chiefs 17

Who the f**k are you?

Hammock Parties
11-28-2016, 12:55 PM
Who the f**k are you?

broncos fan, grats on the win last night

see u in da playoffs :clap:

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2016, 12:59 PM
broncos fan, grats on the win last night

see u in da playoffs :clap:

Oh

okay

Mr. Laz
11-28-2016, 01:17 PM
Everything starts off with how healthy will we be for the game?

New World Order
11-28-2016, 01:18 PM

Falcons 35 Chiefs 17

What was your prediction for the Denver/kc game?

Hammock Parties
11-28-2016, 01:25 PM
What was your prediction for the Denver/kc game?

broncos 24 chiefs 10

would have been pretty close to truth if dumbass kubes hadn't dropped trev into his own end zone in the first half :facepalm:

YayMike
11-28-2016, 01:27 PM
If Alex plays like he did in the 4th Q and more - we can beat anyone. That being said, I expect the guys to be mentally and physically taxed. If you have to lose, losing to an NFC opponent is the way to go to get ready for the FAID on a short week following Atlanta.

mcaj22
11-28-2016, 02:43 PM
their defense sucks. Just like Tampa Bays. Our offense needs to finally grow a set and do it's job and carry the team in a game for once. If Atlanta's crap defense stops or stalls our offense even once it's over. The QB can't go out there and ho hum around for 58 minutes until he decides he wants to start playing against an offense like Atlanta. They will make you pay for that, it's not Trevor Whatever at QB.

New World Order
11-28-2016, 03:02 PM
broncos 24 chiefs 10

would have been pretty close to truth if dumbass kubes hadn't dropped trev into his own end zone in the first half :facepalm:

Or if the officials didn't give Denver that first down on the 4th and short.

FloridaMan88
11-28-2016, 03:04 PM
Hopefully Dee Ford will return because the Chiefs will need a full strength pass rush to minimize the liability of their secondary (i.e. Gaines) against Atlanta's potent downfield passing game.

DJ's left nut
11-28-2016, 03:06 PM
This week it was an Achilles.

I thought DJ looked fine last night though for the most part. Maybe a tad slow in coverage a time or two but nothing drastic.

He just looks like a 34 year old linebacker with 165 games on the odometer.

He's a tad slow in coverage now because time is unbeaten and untied. I don't think any degree of health is going to fix him nor do I think a 34 year old linebacker will ever be 'healthy' in the conventional sense again.

It's like Manning last year. "Oh his quad is bothering him" - well no shit; he's fucking old. Old = injured in this league. But even when he had 5 weeks to rest he still came back old.

27 year old DJ isn't walking through that door, folks. This is his new normal and it's still pretty good.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2016, 03:10 PM
He just looks like a 34 year old linebacker with 165 games on the odometer.

He's a tad slow in coverage now because time is unbeaten and untied. I don't think any degree of health is going to fix him nor do I think a 34 year old linebacker will ever be 'healthy' in the conventional sense again.

It's like Manning last year. "Oh his quad is bothering him" - well no shit; he's ****ing old. Old = injured in this league. But even when he had 5 weeks to rest he still came back old.

27 year old DJ isn't walking through that door, folks. This is his new normal and it's still pretty good.

This is probably right, and we can only hope that he and/or Hali are willing to take a pay cut next year to help the team stay together. Hali more so as DJ at $7M per year still seems fair right now. They are legends here, but we paid them to be what they were last year, which they can't do. Not their fault, age just finally caught up a bit.

DJ's left nut
11-28-2016, 03:13 PM
broncos 24 chiefs 10

Siemian also needed to be smarter there.

The last 2 steps on his drop where deeper than needed and I feel like the very last step wasn't even called for; it looked a little panicked.

I agree that he had no business being in the endzone on a play that started at the 7, but he also has to have better field awareness than he demonstrated there. Ultimately he's the triggerman and he absolutely has to know where that goalline is.

New World Order
11-28-2016, 03:13 PM
I thought KC looked much better playing zone rather than man.

Hopefully they play more zone against Atlanta.

DJ's left nut
11-28-2016, 03:16 PM
I thought KC looked much better playing zone rather than man.

Hopefully they do that against Atlanta.

The problem with zone is that Denver was keeping enough guys out in the formation that a zone coverage means you have to play 2 safeties high to cover enough of the field to not get abused.

The Chiefs were absolutely committed to the 46 and attacking the Denver run. It's not what I'd have done, but it's another Sophie's Choice they're going to have to make against Atlanta.

I'd probably spend a lot of time in my base package and hope my LBs are up to the task in coverage because it will protect against the run better without selling out like they did against Denver. But it could go sideways on them in a hurry so Plan B will need to be ready.

Simply Red
11-28-2016, 03:18 PM
You assholes better beat the Falcons. BTW Doug Gabriel is quick AND fast.

AND Strong

frozenchief
11-28-2016, 03:26 PM
If Alex plays like he did in the 4th Q and more - we can beat anyone. That being said, I expect the guys to be mentally and physically taxed. If you have to lose, losing to an NFC opponent is the way to go to get ready for the FAID on a short week following Atlanta.

We call Alex Captain Checkdown, and he's earned the nickname, but in several games over the last few years, Alex has shown he is a different QB if running a no-huddle offense. Yesterday's game is a good example. Should KC run a no-huddle more often and rely on our defense? Or would a no-huddle be a bad idea since Atlanta's offense is so potent and we should try to win TOP and keep their offense off the field? Or did Alex look like that because Denver was playing prevent defense and the lack of pressure made a difference? (I wasn't able to see the last quarter and OT. Just saw a few highlights so if Denver was not playing prevent, this portion is not applicable.)

It is just really frustrating that for 3.75 quarters of football we can't seem to move the ball but we can if our backs are against the wall and time is limited. I'm just wondering what we can do to get some spark back into this offense.

O.city
11-28-2016, 03:31 PM
The problem with zone is that Denver was keeping enough guys out in the formation that a zone coverage means you have to play 2 safeties high to cover enough of the field to not get abused.

The Chiefs were absolutely committed to the 46 and attacking the Denver run. It's not what I'd have done, but it's another Sophie's Choice they're going to have to make against Atlanta.

I'd probably spend a lot of time in my base package and hope my LBs are up to the task in coverage because it will protect against the run better without selling out like they did against Denver. But it could go sideways on them in a hurry so Plan B will need to be ready.

I'd plan to play a similar gameplan as they did against oakland. Like any qb, it's gonna be about pressuring Ryan into making mistakes.

With our pass rush, I'd try and keep everything in front of us and give them a chance to get home, but the Falcons have some very unique players.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2016, 03:34 PM
This is completely random, but huge credit for DAT for being a great teammate. He's the kind of guy you want on your team.

Every single time last night that Tyreek Hill scored, De'Anthony was the first guy there to greet him and was fired up for the team's success, even though Hill essentially took over DAT's role.

Love it.

Beef Supreme
11-28-2016, 03:35 PM
I think some of the reason for the success of our offense late in the game, when in desperation mode, is that we go for it on 4th down. Those drives would still die earlier in the game, when we wouldn't go for it on 4th down.

DJ's left nut
11-28-2016, 03:37 PM
I'd plan to play a similar gameplan as they did against oakland. Like any qb, it's gonna be about pressuring Ryan into making mistakes.

With our pass rush, I'd try and keep everything in front of us and give them a chance to get home, but the Falcons have some very unique players.

So do the Raiders.

And the Raiders have the better OL.

Yeah, Oakland's a fair analogue and Ryan's a little smarter than Carr (who will make 1 or 2 pretty big mistakes pretty much every game). But with Cooper and Crabtree, a massive OL and a couple of powerful RBs, Oakland has comparable personnel on balance.

Yeah, a similar gameplan to Oakland is probably a good idea, but it may not be enough is Ryan just avoids that key mistake that Carr usually makes. Carr's interception after the Raiders had scored and forced the Chiefs to punt put KC back in it (after the Chiefs scored a TD on the ensuing drive).

If he leads them to as much as a FG there and gets a 10-0 lead at home, that's a much different ballgame. Matt Ryan probably doesn't make that mistake. Then again, I don't think that Alex Smith plays the kind of game he did against Oakland either (that was a perfect 'Smith' game; ruthlessly efficient). It's not that I think the Falcons D is appreciably better, but there's still something off in Smith's game since the Colts injury.

Gonna be a tough one...

Hoover
11-28-2016, 03:38 PM
This is completely random, but huge credit for DAT for being a great teammate. He's the kind of guy you want on your team.

Every single time last night that Tyreek Hill scored, De'Anthony was the first guy there to greet him and was fired up for the team's success, even though Hill essentially took over DAT's role.

Love it.

Great point.

And I want to see us run both of these guys at the same time, especially if Maclin is out. Rather see DAT out there than effin Wilson

DJ's left nut
11-28-2016, 03:40 PM

Love it.

DAT's turned himself into a pretty damn good gunner and all-around ST player.

So much so that if there's a roster crunch next year, they'll cut Robinson loose instead, IMO. Toub likes to have a WR or two on his STs unit and I think that was a job they'd envisioned for Robinson unless/until he developed into a real receiving threat. Well so far Robinson's been pretty underwhelming as a special teamer and DAT has taken to the role much better than I thought he would.

Yeah, big time credit is due to Thomas for being a good soldier and making himself useful even after losing his job.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2016, 03:41 PM
It's not that I think the Falcons D is appreciably better, but there's still something off in Smith's game since the Colts injury.

I was thinking about that today. Maybe last night's last 18 minutes will restore Alex's confidence, his swagger that seems to have been missing.

If coming through on 3 straight must-score drives against the world's best defense of the last year doesn't get you feeling pretty good, I don't know what does.

ptlyon
11-28-2016, 03:45 PM
If coming through on 3 straight must-score drives against the world's best defense of the last year doesn't get you feeling pretty good, I don't know what does.

Marrying a porn star

O.city
11-28-2016, 03:54 PM
So do the Raiders.

And the Raiders have the better OL.

Yeah, Oakland's a fair analogue and Ryan's a little smarter than Carr (who will make 1 or 2 pretty big mistakes pretty much every game). But with Cooper and Crabtree, a massive OL and a couple of powerful RBs, Oakland has comparable personnel on balance.

Yeah, a similar gameplan to Oakland is probably a good idea, but it may not be enough is Ryan just avoids that key mistake that Carr usually makes. Carr's interception after the Raiders had scored and forced the Chiefs to punt put KC back in it (after the Chiefs scored a TD on the ensuing drive).

If he leads them to as much as a FG there and gets a 10-0 lead at home, that's a much different ballgame. Matt Ryan probably doesn't make that mistake. Then again, I don't think that Alex Smith plays the kind of game he did against Oakland either (that was a perfect 'Smith' game; ruthlessly efficient). It's not that I think the Falcons D is appreciably better, but there's still something off in Smith's game since the Colts injury.

Gonna be a tough one...

He looks scared. Last night, when it was shit or go home, he didon't play scared.

He got beat around a bit but he's gotta stand in there if we're gonna do anything offensively

DaneMcCloud
11-28-2016, 04:04 PM
Vic Beasly is their main pass rusher.

Their defense isn't very good. We should be able to establish the run and work Kelce over the middle.

If Kelce would actually catch the goddamn ball

DaKCMan AP
11-28-2016, 04:04 PM

So much so that if there's a roster crunch next year, they'll cut Robinson loose instead, IMO. Toub likes to have a WR or two on his STs unit and I think that was a job they'd envisioned for Robinson unless/until he developed into a real receiving threat. Well so far Robinson's been pretty underwhelming as a special teamer and DAT has taken to the role much better than I thought he would.

Yeah, big time credit is due to Thomas for being a good soldier and making himself useful even after losing his job.

Cut Wilson instead.

ThaVirus
11-28-2016, 04:05 PM
If Kelce would actually catch the goddamn ball

He had a couple bad drops to start the game but made some clutch/difficult catches down the stretch.

He's clearly all about RAC, which is important, but personally I'd rather see more Jason Witten out of him than Jordan Reed.

DJ's left nut
11-28-2016, 04:08 PM
Cut Wilson instead.

Wilson's not been good - Robinson's somehow been even less impactful.

Honestly, I'll be a little surprised if either of them are back next year at this point.

DaneMcCloud
11-28-2016, 04:09 PM
Then again, I don't think that Alex Smith plays the kind of game he did against Oakland either (that was a perfect 'Smith' game; ruthlessly efficient).

I have to believe that last night's 4th quarter and overtime performance from Smith means that he's moved beyond whatever has been bothering him since the Colts injury.

If so (and we can only hope), this team is set up for another run.

Hopefully, one that won't end until February.

DaneMcCloud
11-28-2016, 04:11 PM

Honestly, I'll be a little surprised if either of them are back next year at this point.

If you'll recall, I mentioned in the preseason that Robinson should have been cut (along with Russell :evil:).

He'll either need to step it up this offseason and in next year's training camp or he's a PS guy, which is something the Chiefs don't really need.

They need receivers that can contribute now, not later.

DaneMcCloud
11-28-2016, 04:14 PM
He had a couple bad drops to start the game but made some clutch/difficult catches down the stretch.

He's clearly all about RAC, which is important, but personally I'd rather see more Jason Witten out of him than Jordan Reed.

Kelce's mind has been elsewhere this season. Each game, he makes stupid mistakes, whether it's the 30 yards in penalties or an easy catch that would have gone for a short TD against the Bucs on the first drive or dropping perfectly placed passes.

He really needs to step up his game, especially while Maclin is out.

Titty Meat
11-28-2016, 04:19 PM
That was the first game ever where Kelce has had multiple drops. He's had back to back 100 yard games.

Simply Red
11-28-2016, 04:22 PM
DAT is the numba one gunna

notorious
11-28-2016, 04:24 PM

Love it.

Guy made some great plays on special teams coverage.

DJ's left nut
11-28-2016, 04:27 PM
That was the first game ever where Kelce has had multiple drops. He had 7/85 last night and over 100 last week. He's fine.

Remember that the NFL's version of a 'drop' pretty much requires that you actually step on your own dick.

For instance, they didn't call Greg Olsen's 2-point conversion play a drop because there was contact but ask a player and every one of them will call that a dropped pass.

Over the last 2 games the Chiefs have made a concerted effort to re-establish Kelce in the passing game. If they're going to continue to do that, he has to clean those issues up. And that includes 'drops' that don't actually count as an official drop but he should be catching anyway. He had at least one of those (I think 2) in addition to the two that I would say were clear flubs.

Easy 6
11-28-2016, 04:27 PM
Cant add much that hasnt already been said, but this will surely be a tough game... we cant be dicking around when we have the ball, field goals will NOT get it done

DaKCMan AP
11-28-2016, 04:33 PM

I'm all for an upgrade over what we have now, but Wilson has regressed in his 3rd year while Robinson is a raw/project rookie with good measureables and, thus far, zero productivity at WR.

DaneMcCloud
11-28-2016, 04:36 PM
That was the first game ever where Kelce has had multiple drops. He's had back to back 100 yard games.

Kelce was targeted 15 times last night with only 8 catches

DJ's left nut
11-28-2016, 04:38 PM
I'm all for an upgrade over what we have now, but Wilson has regressed in his 3rd year while Robinson is a raw/project rookie with good measureables and, thus far, zero productivity at WR.

There's always another project rookie with good measureables.

We'll have another one next year as well and I suspect said rookie will take Robinson's job. It isn't a lack of production in the passing game that I find alarming, it's the lack of basic football savvy on special teams.

He seems pretty stupid and I don't think that's gonna fly in this system.

Sandy Vagina
11-28-2016, 04:38 PM
I was thinking about that today. Maybe last night's last 18 minutes will restore Alex's confidence, his swagger that seems to have been missing.

It's possible.. but look at week 1 to week 2. Smith was as fired up as I'd ever seen him after beating SD... and then? .. Texans disaster.. no fire at all. :facepalm:

NJChiefsFan
11-28-2016, 04:40 PM

Was his good kick return the one that started the final 4th quarter drive?

Kelce's mind has been elsewhere this season. Each game, he makes stupid mistakes, whether it's the 30 yards in penalties or an easy catch that would have gone for a short TD against the Bucs on the first drive or dropping perfectly placed passes.

He really needs to step up his game, especially while Maclin is out.

I also was not thrilled with him talking crap to the crowd while the rest of the team is trying to potentially spike the ball at the end of the game. I love a guy talking crap to Denver, but be aware of everything that's going on.

raybec 4
11-28-2016, 04:40 PM

You wouldn't be a tad partial because he's a former Gator, would you?

DJ's left nut
11-28-2016, 04:42 PM
Was his good kick return the one that started the final 4th quarter drive?

Yup.

I still have no idea why they put Davis back there on occasion. When Maclin returns, I think you put Hill back in the role but with Hill our defacto #1 at the moment, DAT is doing fine work as the kick returner.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2016, 04:51 PM
Great point.

And I want to see us run both of these guys at the same time, especially if Maclin is out. Rather see DAT out there than effin Wilson
Might as well use Dat now, he should be gone at the end of the season.

Should have been gone at the beginning of this season really.

DJ's left nut
11-28-2016, 04:54 PM

Why?

He's still cheap and he's proven to be far more versatile than we could've expected. He'll lay a hit on the coverage teams, can do everything Wilson can do but better and provides really nice insurance to Hill in the event Hill's role is expanded in the offense.

DAT very easily could've been cut at the beginning of the season and I wouldn't have shed a tear but since then, he's done a nice job of re-establish value that's easily in line with his 4th round salary. If you cut him, you'll just replace him with someone that does the same things, costs roughly the same and likely isn't better at them than he is.

I think we need to let bygones be bygones with the weird shit last year; he's been a solid contributor this season.

DaneMcCloud
11-28-2016, 04:56 PM

Why? He's cheap depth and with Hill's emergence as an offensive game changer, asking him to return kicks is extremely risky.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2016, 04:57 PM
Why?

He's still cheap and he's proven to be far more versatile than we could've expected. He'll lay a hit on the coverage teams, can do everything Wilson can do but better and provides really nice insurance to Hill in the event Hill's role is expanded in the offense.

DAT very easily could've been cut at the beginning of the season and I wouldn't have shed a tear but since then, he's done a nice job of re-establish value that's easily in line with his 4th round salary. If you cut him, you'll just replace him with someone that does the same things, costs roughly the same and likely isn't better at them than he is.

I think we need to let bygones be bygones with the weird shit last year; he's been a solid contributor this season.Why? He's cheap depth and with Hill's emergence as an offensive game changer, asking him to return kicks is extremely risky.Because i don't think you should run more than one smurf in your WR corp.

Nothing personal

Hill is our smurf

Need different guys available for different things

smurf
Tall guy
fast guy
power guy

etc

DaKCMan AP
11-28-2016, 04:59 PM
There's always another project rookie with good measureables.

We'll have another one next year as well and I suspect said rookie will take Robinson's job. It isn't a lack of production in the passing game that I find alarming, it's the lack of basic football savvy on special teams.

He seems pretty stupid and I don't think that's gonna fly in this system.

That's fine, as long as Wilson is gone.

You wouldn't be a tad partial because he's a former Gator, would you?

Sure, but it's more about getting rid of Wilson than keeping DRob.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2016, 05:03 PM
That's fine, as long as Wilson is gone.

Problem is that both Dat and Wilson have played a little better as of late.

which will give Reid an excuse to keep them. He loves keeping around his favorites.

He would never cut anyone if he could.

CanadianChiefs
11-28-2016, 05:06 PM
Also, Julio Jones will get his. I was looking at a stat earlier this season that shows that the Falcon's success has no correlation with Julio Jones' success. Games in which Julio has gone off, they lost. Games in which he was held in check, they won.

The success of ATL's running game, however, has a direct correlation to their W/L.

Maybe they win when he gets contained because teams are using their resources against him more.

Him just being on the field is a problem, thats a strange stat though!

carcosa
11-28-2016, 05:09 PM
DAT is the numba one gunna

DAT is the NOG

WhawhaWhat
11-28-2016, 05:09 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Falcons DE Adrian Clayborn tore his MCL, partially tore his meniscus, and is expected to miss at least a month; surgery likely, per sources.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/803360300640727041">November 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Coochie liquor
11-28-2016, 05:15 PM

Falcons 35 Chiefs 17

What up biznatch?? Remember I was telling you, KC gonna beat your paper tigers?? Lmao, sure didn't see you in the game thread late...

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2016, 05:20 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Falcons DE Adrian Clayborn tore his MCL, partially tore his meniscus, and is expected to miss at least a month; surgery likely, per sources.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/803360300640727041">November 28, 2016</a></blockquote>

In the little bit of ATL I've watched, he was contributing.

Coochie liquor
11-28-2016, 05:30 PM
It's possible.. but look at week 1 to week 2. Smith was as fired up as I'd ever seen him after beating SD... and then? .. Texans disaster.. no fire at all. :facepalm:

This.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2016, 05:56 PM
I really like the Buffalo-Oakland matchup for the Bills, honestly. They've got Watkins back to take the top off that horrific secondary. They run the ball as good or better than any team in the league. They lead the NFL in sacks, so they've got a shot to get pressure on Carr who's flaws are often masked by supreme pass protection.

I like the Bills this week.

notorious
11-28-2016, 06:40 PM
Atlanta is the exact opposite of the Chiefs.

Their greatest strength is stretching the field, which is kind of our biggest weakness on defense.

After an emotional overtime win on the road I won't be surprised if we drop this game in ugly fashion.

notorious
11-28-2016, 06:41 PM
I really like the Buffalo-Oakland matchup for the Bills, honestly. They've got Watkins back to take the top off that horrific secondary. They run the ball as good or better than any team in the league. They lead the NFL in sacks, so they've got a shot to get pressure on Carr who's flaws are often masked by supreme pass protection.

I like the Bills this week.

On a side note: How in the fuck did Oakland get 3 home division games, then 3 road division games? That's insane.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2016, 06:46 PM
On a side note: How in the **** did Oakland get 3 home division games, then 3 road division games? That's insane.

Schedule makers are returning the favor from 2014, coincidentally. They get to come here on a short week, TNF after playing Buffalo. Ain't gonna be easy.

St. Patty's Fire
11-28-2016, 08:26 PM
Anyone know the time table on Maclin? We really miss him of offense.

MotherfuckerJones
11-28-2016, 08:32 PM
One thing of note. This is a homecoming for Eric Berry and Justin Houston. Both Georgia boys. (Berry is from Atlanta and Houston went to Georgia and is from Statesboro). I expect huge games from those two. Well see who we get back and who sits. I anticipate sitting Poe and getting Howard back. Just my hunch. We'll see about Ford's hammy and Maclin's groin. I expect Maclin to be really close. Hope we get Nelson back.

This DL has really come along. Now, I know they give up yards but they've got two young players impacting the line right now in Chris Jones and RNR. Reyes was a decent veteran addition to our depth there and Jenkins got some snaps. I cannot wait to see this defense play a game when everyone is on the field together.

hometeam
11-28-2016, 08:57 PM
Falcons are not invincible. Yards or not our D creates turnovers. Period.

KC 21
ATL 17

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2016, 01:32 AM
Desmond Trufant and Claiborne will not be available for this game.

"The Atlanta Falcons placed star cornerback Desmond Trufant on injured reserve on Tuesday.
Trufant suffered a pectoral injury during the team's 43-28 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 9. The injury will require surgery and he is out for the year."

"Atlanta Falcons defensive end Adrian Clayborn suffered a torn MCL and a partially torn meniscus in his team's 38-19 win against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday, according to ESPN."

This changes a whole lot. We might be able to get by without Maclin for another game after all...

Chiefs 24, Falcons 16

temper11
11-30-2016, 01:59 AM
Problem is that both Dat and Wilson have played a little better as of late.

which will give Reid an excuse to keep them. He loves keeping around his favorites.

He would never cut anyone if he could.

Wilson actually had one hell of a block on the Tyreek wildcat touchdown - thing of beauty.

King_Chief_Fan
11-30-2016, 10:27 AM
What up biznatch?? Remember I was telling you, KC gonna beat your paper tigers?? Lmao, sure didn't see you in the game thread late...

He was busy getting some couseling, crayons, hot chocolate in a little comfy room somewhere

BoneKrusher
11-30-2016, 10:40 AM
Ryan can't do what Big Ben did to us if he's picking himself up off the turf every play...Just Sayin'.

Aspengc8
11-30-2016, 12:05 PM
Anyone know the time table on Maclin? We really miss him of offense.

I've seen groins take anywhere from a full week to 6 months. Just when you think its 100%, and you go all-out, it clamps up again on you.

Red Dawg
11-30-2016, 12:10 PM
I've seen groins take anywhere from a full week to 6 months. Just when you think its 100%, and you go all-out, it clamps up again on you.

Groins and hammy's are bad and will not heal unless you don't run on them. Maclin may be out at least this week. Maybe a go for Oakland. Doug Martin missed 8 with his hammy.

Iconic
11-30-2016, 12:57 PM
Falcons offense only netted 15 points on Philly's D.
Denvers defense held the Falcons offense to 23 pts and 370 total yards.
Our Defense will hold them to something in between the two.

Defensively the Falcons are ranked almost dead last in passing yards allowed. They just lost their best CB, best DE, and are making due without their top veteran linebacker.

This is a game we should win. The offense will pick up what they started week 6 vs. the Raiders.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-30-2016, 01:01 PM
Watch out for their prevent D/BigCunt

scho63
11-30-2016, 01:30 PM
Wilson actually had one hell of a block on the Tyreek wildcat touchdown - thing of beauty.

Sure was-he hesitated enough to prevent a block in the back. :clap:

Mr. Laz
11-30-2016, 01:40 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dee Ford, Steve Nelson and Jeremy Maclin WILL practice for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a>. Coach Reid wants to see how they do coming off injuries.</p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/804019617580650496">November 30, 2016</a></blockquote>

O.city
11-30-2016, 01:56 PM
31 17 chiefs

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2016, 02:00 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dee Ford, Steve Nelson and Jeremy Maclin WILL practice for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a>. Coach Reid wants to see how they do coming off injuries.</p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/804019617580650496">November 30, 2016</a></blockquote>

https://m.popkey.co/fe8997/9wGMD.gif

Mr. Laz
11-30-2016, 02:01 PM
https://m.popkey.co/fe8997/9wGMD.gif

Maclin/Hill
Nelson helps Gaines
Ford/Houston

getting healthy could make us so much better

pugsnotdrugs19
11-30-2016, 02:10 PM
Maclin/Hill
Nelson helps Gaines
Ford/Houston

getting healthy could make us so much better

Getting healthy and more importantly, staying healthy....

Simply Red
11-30-2016, 03:14 PM
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4047520-i-have-been-living-in-kansas-city-since-02/?page=1

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2016, 03:17 PM
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4047520-i-have-been-living-in-kansas-city-since-02/?page=1

The claim that we are looking past this game and ahead to Oakland is unfound. Idiot posts. Except for that Clark guy

Simply Red
11-30-2016, 03:20 PM
The claim that we are looking past this game and ahead to Oakland is unfound. Idiot posts. Except for that Clark guy

a few are saying like 34-10 or 40-10 Falcons. I hope we show up Sunday. I mean the Chiefs - I'm def. showing up.

Red Beans
11-30-2016, 03:22 PM

Talk about some fucking homerism. Damn. Most of these guys are calling for a blowout. I'm not sure we can win, but I'm thinking that our ability to get to Matty Ice will keep it close.

Red Beans
11-30-2016, 03:22 PM
a few are saying like 34-10 or 40-10 Falcons. I hope we show up Sunday. I mean the Chiefs - I'm def. showing up.

You seem nice. They seem mentally challenged.

Aspengc8
11-30-2016, 03:26 PM
Sure was-he hesitated enough to prevent a block in the back. :clap:

Looks like he was selling the speed out. Someone mentioned that Ware was a QB in highschool, you might see him throwing this at some point.

http://smb.cdnllnwnl.neulion.com/u/nfl/nfl/coachtapes/2016/11/27/57074_2907/pc/57074_2907_1600.mp4

DJ's left nut
11-30-2016, 03:31 PM

I'm not a shitload more optimistic, to be honest.

I guess I should be, but that offense at home is pretty spooky.

I'm thinking something like 30-17. I think they'll put up more yards than the scoreboard shows but the Chiefs D has shown some ability to slow teams in the red zone. So, like, 3 TDs and 3 FGs with 2 of the TDs being on longer plays.

DJ's left nut
11-30-2016, 03:32 PM
Looks like he was selling the speed out. Someone mentioned that Ware was a QB in highschool, you might see him throwing this at some point.

http://smb.cdnllnwnl.neulion.com/u/nfl/nfl/coachtapes/2016/11/27/57074_2907/pc/57074_2907_1600.mp4

I could watch that shot Wilson put on Talib all day.

That was a hell of a block.

ModSocks
11-30-2016, 03:34 PM
I'm not a shitload more optimistic, to be honest.

I guess I should be, but that offense at home is pretty spooky.

I'm thinking something like 30-17. I think they'll put up more yards than the scoreboard shows but the Chiefs D has shown some ability to slow teams in the red zone. So, like, 3 TDs and 3 FGs with 2 of the TDs being on longer plays.

They're not THAT great. They've been held in check plenty of times this season.

Falcon fans call us cocky? Pfffff.....I guess they forgot they have no defense.

Bewbies
11-30-2016, 03:36 PM
We lived through Vermeil, we know how the Falcons season ends. :)

I think clearly they've not watched this team. To put up 41 Alice Smith would need to have thrown 3-4 picks. And Houston and Ford need to be on the bench so our pass rush features Zombo.

Simply Red
11-30-2016, 03:39 PM
They're not THAT great. They've been held in check plenty of times this season.

Falcon fans call us cocky? Pfffff.....I guess they forgot they have no defense.

they're Jeckll & Hyde - much like us - only w/ polar opposite issues.

Direckshun
11-30-2016, 03:48 PM
Seriously, I can't think of a single way the Falcons beat us other than Julio going completely off.

We should be able to control the line of scrimmage on offense, and pass all over them (as far as Alex Smith is capable) and run through them.

They're not going to run that great on us, and they've got no receivers that scare me other than Julio.

Ryan has put up a shit ton of yardage, but we've wasted Carr, Brees, and Luck this year. We gave up 360+ yards to Simien and still got the W.

My only concern is how beat up we are. That was a brutal game, and missing Poe and Howard both is problematic. We've got a short week this coming week and we're coming off a gigantic divisional win.

The circumstances are really bad for us, but we're just so much better than they are everywhere except that Ryan/Julio connection.

Can somebody point out where, exactly, I'm wrong? They have a good line but it's not going to run us over.

If we get Maclin AND Ford back, it's over.

Simply Red
11-30-2016, 03:50 PM
Coleman is very good and overlooked by the league.

Direckshun
11-30-2016, 03:51 PM

Fair enough. He is a talented runner.

You've been on point on football takes, recently.

Simply Red
11-30-2016, 03:51 PM

and can definitely hurt us.

Simply Red
11-30-2016, 03:52 PM
Fair enough. He is a talented runner.

You've been on point on football takes, recently.

well, I see them play more than the average, living here. But thank you - that's very kind of you to say.

ThaVirus
11-30-2016, 03:54 PM
Seriously, I can't think of a single way the Falcons beat us other than Julio going completely off.

We should be able to control the line of scrimmage on offense, and pass all over them (as far as Alex Smith is capable) and run through them.

They're not going to run that great on us, and they've got no receivers that scare me other than Julio.

Ryan has put up a shit ton of yardage, but we've wasted Carr, Brees, and Luck this year. We gave up 360+ yards to Simien and still got the W.

My only concern is how beat up we are. That was a brutal game, and missing Poe and Howard both is problematic. We've got a short week this coming week and we're coming off a gigantic divisional win.

The circumstances are really bad for us, but we're just so much better than they are everywhere except that Ryan/Julio connection.

Can somebody point out where, exactly, I'm wrong? They have a good line but it's not going to run us over.

We spent the first several weeks of the season containing the pass but pretty much being run on at will. The past two weeks we've obviously placed an emphasis on stopping the run but, in turn, have essentially been picked apart by non-elite QBs. At this point, I'm not certain our defense is good enough to stifle a plus passing game and running game simultaneously.

So if we come out trying to stop the run Ryan will be able to pick apart our defense probably even worse than Winston and Seimian did. If we place the emphasis on stopping Ryan/Julio, Freeman and Coleman are more than capable of taking the game over on the ground, if not setting up Ryan with manageable 3rd downs.

There's also the issue of Freeman and Coleman catching out of the backfield. They can destroy us in that matchup.

Direckshun
11-30-2016, 04:02 PM
The Falcons aren't going to run on us, buddy.

The only vulnerability against the run we have is up the gut, with Poe and Howard out, and that's where Atlanta struggles to run the ball the most. They are in the bottom 5 of the league in yards-per-carry up the gut.

Off tackle is where they run best. Neither Freeman or Coleman are pounders, they're off tackle guys, and we've got Houston/Ford/Hali on the edges. (I'm assuming Ford returns this week.) RNR also played his tits off against the run this past week, and we'll get to see if that's something he can do regularly.

threebag
11-30-2016, 04:33 PM
I bagged 3 Canada Geese this morning. Hopefully the CHIEFS bag the falcons Sunday.

ThaVirus
11-30-2016, 04:57 PM
The Falcons aren't going to run on us, buddy.

The only vulnerability against the run we have is up the gut, with Poe and Howard out, and that's where Atlanta struggles to run the ball the most. They are in the bottom 5 of the league in yards-per-carry up the gut.

Off tackle is where they run best. Neither Freeman or Coleman are pounders, they're off tackle guys, and we've got Houston/Ford/Hali on the edges. (I'm assuming Ford returns this week.) RNR also played his tits off against the run this past week, and we'll get to see if that's something he can do regularly.

Well, ok then. 56-10. Chiefs roll.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-30-2016, 04:59 PM
SR will will us to victory

NJChiefsFan
11-30-2016, 06:07 PM
Falcon fans call us cocky?

DJ's left nut
11-30-2016, 06:11 PM
I bagged 3 Canada Geese this morning. Hopefully the CHIEFS bag the falcons Sunday.

I had 160 of the fuckers parked on my lake this morning; it was borderline creepy.

You're welcome to come knock off a few more...

MotherfuckerJones
11-30-2016, 06:11 PM
It's time for Alex and the offense to put their big boy pants on and go put up points. The defense gets some guys back and that should help contain the Falcons offense for the most part. Now, they'll get theirs because they're at home and are that good. I really want Peters on Julio the entire game. I just don't want to see him lined up on Gaines the whole game and roasting him. Getting Nelson and Ford back should help. I anticipate Poe sitting with those back spasms. Howard seems like he's not even close to playing.

ModSocks
11-30-2016, 06:17 PM
Taking a look at who they've played, they've put up a ton of points against some of the worst D's in the league.

The only two D's they've played that are worth a shit are Denver's and Seattle's, in which they couldn't eclipse 24 points in either game.

RunKC
11-30-2016, 06:29 PM
I'd Ford is healthy, Ryan will be in trouble. Ford, Houston and Jones are the best pass rush trio in the league.

That's just a fact

OnTheWarpath15
11-30-2016, 06:31 PM
Taking a look at who they've played, they've put up a ton of points against some of the worst D's in the league.

The only two D's they've played that are worth a shit are Denver's and Seattle's, in which they couldn't eclipse 24 points in either game.

In fairness, we haven't put up points against some of the worst D's in the league.

Getting to 24 will probably be necessary this time around.

Hammock Parties
11-30-2016, 06:44 PM

u just gave up 450 yards and 27 points to a team with a dogshit line and a 1st year QB

lil overconfident brah?

you'll need 30 points to beat Atlanta IMO...their tackles are world class pressure isnt coming so easy this wk...im pretty sure ur 29th ranked run D isnt gonna be a prob either

falcons 34, chiefs 21 ...gl!

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2016, 06:45 PM
I just re-watched the Denver/Falcons game. Atlanta only won that game because Lynch played and finished with a QBR of 11 ROFL

oaklandhater
11-30-2016, 06:45 PM
In fairness, we haven't put up points against some of the worst D's in the league.

Getting to 24 will probably be necessary this time around.

LMAO I'd bet my entire savings alex wont put up 3 TD's vs any d in the league the way he has been playing this season.

MotherfuckerJones
11-30-2016, 06:46 PM
u just gave up 450 yards and 27 points to a team with a dogshit line and a 1st year QB

lil overconfident brah?

you'll need 30 points to beat Atlanta IMO...their tackles are world class pressure isnt coming so easy this wk...im pretty sure ur 29th ranked run D isnt gonna be a prob either

Also drove the ball against your "vaunted" defense when it counted.

Worry about your own team "brah"

OnTheWarpath15
11-30-2016, 06:51 PM
LMAO I'd bet my entire savings alex wont put up 3 TD's vs any d in the league the way he has been playing this season.

If he does, it's going to be 3 yard dumpoffs and 30+ YAC.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2016, 07:07 PM
Denver dared Ryan to throw and focused on stopping the underneath routes and did a pretty good job. I see us playing a lot of nickle in this game to get Sorensen and Parker out there to make those open field tackles on the running backs. I dont think Ramik/DJ (especially with the achilles bothering him) can last very long running sideline to sideline

arrwheader
11-30-2016, 07:08 PM

lil overconfident brah?

I try to stay out of these little quarrels but this shit pisses me off when fans of other teams that come here and start being dicks so let me fuck you up with some truth. A. It's a divisional game they are usually always close and unpredictable and that stadium is borderline unfair with the altitude. If both teams make little mistakes it's usually a battle of who's better. That's just it, this time we were better. Going into that stadium against the defending champs D all healthy and off a bye and getting a win is huge. I don't give a fuck what fucked up version of donkey land world you live in. Especially considering the guys we have out.B. You just got beat asshole, have some class and either leave the board and go piss and moan with the other donkey spoiled whiney cock suckers over at the Mange or let us enjoy the win. But don't lurk on here and pounce and troll on everybody's optimism. Seriously is there nothing better you have to do to do?

Hammock Parties
11-30-2016, 07:11 PM
i enjoy talking football sorry

u do have rival fans here so accept us

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-30-2016, 07:14 PM
Basically we need to bust out the 8 minute drives and keep Matt Ryan from seeing the field often while keeping our defense rested. I feel like it's been a long time since we had a well balanced offense with a run first mentality. This is a great opportunity to bring it back.

arrwheader
11-30-2016, 07:27 PM

Although I do not retract my original statement. I respect your willingness to take that flak and not be a total douche bag. Accepted you are.

Bewbies
11-30-2016, 07:36 PM

lil overconfident brah?

How many points did we need to beat that amazing Oakland offense at their house? 11?

Hammock Parties
11-30-2016, 07:54 PM
How many points did we need to beat that amazing Oakland offense at their house? 11?

Fair point but this is the best offense in the NFL. The best. With the best weapon, and they match u strength fo strength IMO.

Chromatic
11-30-2016, 07:57 PM
Damn, Morse.:eek:

Do more of this next Sunday.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mitch Morse sealing the backside on a WR screen. Morse in open space is extremely talented. AA + angles + balance are all very good. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> <a href="https://t.co/DnGWgFTniL">pic.twitter.com/DnGWgFTniL</a></p>&mdash; Brandon Thorn (@VeteranScout) <a href="https://twitter.com/VeteranScout/status/803654043952357377">November 29, 2016</a></blockquote>

Mr. Laz
11-30-2016, 08:22 PM
Damn, Morse.:eek:

Do more of this next Sunday.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mitch Morse sealing the backside on a WR screen. Morse in open space is extremely talented. AA + angles + balance are all very good. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> <a href="https://t.co/DnGWgFTniL">pic.twitter.com/DnGWgFTniL</a></p>&mdash; Brandon Thorn (@VeteranScout) <a href="https://twitter.com/VeteranScout/status/803654043952357377">November 29, 2016</a></blockquote>
Morse started slow this year but he's been getting better and better every game.

:clap:

ThaVirus
11-30-2016, 08:37 PM

Keep in mind that both of those games were on the road.

They're a bit of a different animal in the dome.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-30-2016, 08:55 PM
Fair point but this is the best offense in the NFL. The best. With the best weapon, and they match u strength fo strength IMO.

New Orleans is the best offense , we beat them. Dumbass !

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-30-2016, 08:58 PM

Hows Tyson Jackson playing. He's been a Falcon for 3 years now. Does he have a sack yet ?

NJChiefsFan
11-30-2016, 09:03 PM
New Orleans is the best offense , we beat them. Dumbass !

To be fair would have been more difficult in the dome.

Hammock Parties
11-30-2016, 09:05 PM
Hows Tyson Jackson playing. He's been a Falcon for 3 years now. Does he have a sack yet ?

he's garbage but u seem to think im an atl boy

displacedinMN
11-30-2016, 09:09 PM

im pretty sure ur 29th ranked run D isnt gonna be a prob either

You can tell he is from Atlanta because of the great understanding of the English language.
This is not a texting forum.

Hammock Parties
11-30-2016, 09:11 PM
You can tell he is from Atlanta because of the great understanding of the English language.

i'm from the midwest buddy

Chief Pagan
11-30-2016, 09:12 PM
I had 160 of the ****ers parked on my lake this morning; it was borderline creepy.

You're welcome to come knock off a few more...

Not one or two hundred, or even ~150, but 160.

You out there counting every one?

Red Dawg
11-30-2016, 09:13 PM
Falcons offense is deadly. If will take a strong defensive effort and long drives to win. Keep Jones and Freeman off the field.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-30-2016, 09:42 PM
he's garbage but u seem to think im an atl boy
He's Piolis #3 overall pick. Yes he's garbage, Pioli can't let his mistakes go.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-30-2016, 09:51 PM

lil overconfident brah?

Cheap pile high air and O holding calls will do that to a defense. Two of those TDs should never have counted.

This D crushed a better Faider offense

Pasta Little Brioni
11-30-2016, 09:55 PM
I see Clay has a new troll handle

MotherfuckerJones
11-30-2016, 10:00 PM
I think one thing people don't mention is that KC exerted a lot of energy early on and wore down. That was a playoff game man. Both defenses tired late. KC will be tired defensively this weekend. Hopefully some reinforcements on the way aid in that department.

Red Dawg
11-30-2016, 10:05 PM
Traveling the coming home to play the Faid on a short weeks is crap. I feel fatigue may cost us.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-30-2016, 10:07 PM
I think one thing people don't mention is that KC exerted a lot of energy early on and wore down. That was a playoff game man. Both defenses tired late. KC will be tired defensively this weekend. Hopefully some reinforcements on the way aid in that department.

Gave them Too many possessions and wore out in the cheap pile high air...games really should be banned from that dump

Pasta Little Brioni
11-30-2016, 10:08 PM
Traveling the coming home to play the Faid on a short weeks is crap. I feel fatigue may cost us.

:rolleyes: faid have to cross the damn country after playing a late afternoon game

NJChiefsFan
11-30-2016, 10:11 PM
Not one or two hundred, or even ~150, but 160.

You out there counting every one?

LMAO

Simply Red
11-30-2016, 10:35 PM
Falcons offense is deadly. If will take a strong defensive effort and long drives to win. Keep Jones and Freeman off the field.

you're somewhat sensationalizing.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-30-2016, 10:37 PM
We'll be fine. We got SR leading the charge this week.

CapsLockKey
11-30-2016, 10:57 PM
Hard for me to expect a win this week. On the road sandwiched between Denver and Oakland. Going to need multiple turnovers to pull this one off.

RunKC
11-30-2016, 11:11 PM

Getting Ford and Nelson back would really help that.

Plus Houston is fresh. He's only played 2 games. He's just warning up

jjchieffan
12-01-2016, 09:38 AM
:rolleyes: faid have to cross the damn country after playing a late afternoon game

This. I really think that the Chiefs have an advantage here, Thursday night games are hard enough on a short week. Both the Chiefs and Faders will be playing on a short week after a road game, but at least the Chiefs get to be at home. The Fade get home late Sunday night after a physical game in Buffalo only to have to be in KC a few days later. What day do they travel to KC on? Wednesday or Thursday? Either way, that would suck. They will no doubt be feeling the fatigue from that. Remember a couple of years ago when we had to travel to Chokeland for a Thursday night game following a road game? The Fade were awful that year. That was a game that we had no business losing. But we got beat, and the travel factor was probably the biggest reason.

philfree
12-01-2016, 09:44 AM
This. I really think that the Chiefs have an advantage here, Thursday night games are hard enough on a short week. Both the Chiefs and Faders will be playing on a short week after a road game, but at least the Chiefs get to be at home. The Fade get home late Sunday night after a physical game in Buffalo only to have to be in KC a few days later. What day do they travel to KC on? Wednesday or Thursday? Either way, that would suck. They will no doubt be feeling the fatigue from that. Remember a couple of years ago when we had to travel to Chokeland for a Thursday night game following a road game? The Fade were awful that year. That was a game that we had no business losing. But we got beat, and the travel factor was probably the biggest reason.

Raiders vs Bills is in Oakland. One thing that might help though is the freezing temps at the Thursday Nighter. Gonna be collllld!

Bowser
12-01-2016, 10:02 AM
Hard for me to expect a win this week. On the road sandwiched between Denver and Oakland. Going to need multiple turnovers to pull this one off.

Yeah, this.

They've been a pretty mentally tough team when they've had to be (Houston and Tampa games being exceptions), but this is a lot to ask playing eleven games in three days. An away division game that ends up being five quarters long in prime time, go against that Atlanta offense on the road, then play another division rival at home in prime time on short rest.

This will be a test to see how good our coaches and trainers are at getting these guys up and ready to play.

threebag
12-01-2016, 10:07 AM
All SR does is win

O.city
12-01-2016, 10:08 AM
Yeah, the long forcast for Thursday ain't looking good

jjchieffan
12-01-2016, 10:20 AM
Raiders vs Bills is in Oakland. One thing that might help though is the freezing temps at the Thursday Nighter. Gonna be collllld!

Oh. I thought it was at Buffalo. That changes things. Disregard my last post.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2016, 10:20 AM
The more sloppy the weather, the more that benefits KC.

threebag
12-01-2016, 10:23 AM
The more sloppy the weather, the more that benefits KC.

Might help their WR corps.

Our run game isn't what it was.

Tyreek should go off again.

RaidersOftheCellar
12-01-2016, 12:57 PM

Falcons 35 Chiefs 17

Could also say they just beat the best defense in the NFL and now face one of the worst?

Hammock Parties
12-01-2016, 06:37 PM
Falcons sound tuff

In the Trenches

The Falcons offensive line bounced back impressively against the Cardinals. Going against Calais Campbell and Chandler Jones, the line gave Matt Ryan time to operate out of the pocket for most of the game. Alex Mack and Ryan Schraeder are having Pro Bowl caliber seasons, while Jake Matthews and Andy Levitre are playing well above the league average. Chris Chester remains the weak link on this line, although he’s still putting in a good game here and there. This is a good offensive line when they’re not shooting themselves in the foot with penalties. They’ve faced tough pass rushing competition this year, and have held up well (mostly). They’ll face another stiff contest this Sunday, though.

The Chiefs have a formidable front seven. Dontari Poe is a powerful force in the middle, while Chris Jones is having a nice rookie year. Rakeem Nunez-Roches has been inconsistent (and not particularly good) but has shown flashes of getting better in his second year. Tamba Hali is on the back-end of his career, but can still play at a high level, while Justin Houston is arguably one of the best pass rushers in the NFL. When you add in Dee Ford - who already has 10 sacks on the year - you have one heck of a pass rushing team. The inside linebackers - Ramik Wilson and the always great Derrick Johnson - are no slouchers either.

In many ways, this may be the toughest front seven we’ll face this year, and is certainly one of the best in the NFL. They are no slouches and Falcons fans can’t just assume that we’ll handle them like we have other units. That said, the Falcons OL bounced back nicely and have the added benefit of playing in the Dome. If this were in KC, the advantage would definitely go to them, so I’m calling this one dead even.

Advantage: Push

The Skill Positions

Matt Ryan and Julio Jones are having All-Pro caliber seasons, so I’m not sure how much more we can say about those stalwarts. Mohamed Sanu is beginning to find his stride in this offense as a possession receiver, while Taylor Gabriel has “take the top off” speed that should frighten the hell out of any defensive coordinator. Levine Toilolo doesn’t intimidate anyone as a receiving tight end, while rookie Austin Hooper still has a lot of room to grow, though he’s showing signs of improvement. Running backs Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman are one of the best one-two punches in the league, with both capable of carrying or catching the rock. This is an incredibly deep and talented unit, with speed at multiple levels and the ability to create mismatches everywhere. Very few defenses have the sheer talent to cover every weapon the Falcons have.

The Chiefs have one of the better young corners in the league in Marcus Peters. He’s a ball-hawk who has a knack for finding the ball, and the Falcons will want to be careful when throwing in his direction. Opposite of him, though, Phillip Gaines is having a down year and could be an opportunity to exploit. Their nickel corner Kenneth Acker isn’t awful, but he’s not particularly good either. Outside of Peters, these corners aren’t particularly intimidating. The Chiefs do have two very good safeties, though, with Ron Parker and the fantastic Eric Berry being solid in coverage and run support. It’s not a “complete” secondary, but there are definitely some very good players back there.

Simply put: unless you can field 3 top corners and 2 top safeties, along with good coverage linebackers, you’re going to have a hard time stopping all of Atlanta’s weapons. The Chiefs come close, but having only one good corner is just not enough to match up to the Falcons arsenal of weapons.

Advantage: Falcons

Conclusion

I think this is going to be a difficult game for the Falcons. This is a quality Chiefs defense and their ability to rush the passer terrifies me. Kyle Shanahan and Matt Ryan will have their work cut out for them, but I do think they’ll do just enough to put enough points on the board. It won’t be easy, but the Falcons will take a very slight advantage into this match-up.

Advantage: Falcons

Pasta Little Brioni
12-01-2016, 06:40 PM
Yup...it's Clay

threebag
12-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Yes. Someone flush this turd

Sandy Vagina
12-01-2016, 07:02 PM
Yup...it's Clay

lol, yep. Poor loser just can't get on with his life from CP. :deevee:

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2016, 07:13 PM
Hard to see us winning this game. I think it again falls under what I said about the Panthers and Denver games. We will need a game changing TD (pick 6 or return TD).

Now, I think the reason they practiced without helmets and pads yesterday was because Reid knew they expended a lot of energy at Denver. Maybe his management will get them through that. Either way, hard game to win.

Simply Red
12-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Hard to see us winning this game. I think it again falls under what I said about the Panthers and Denver games. We will need a game changing TD (pick 6 or return TD).

Now, I think the reason they practiced without helmets and pads yesterday was because Reid knew they expended a lot of energy at Denver. Maybe his management will get them through that. Either way, hard game to win.

Atlanta are opposite of us regarding strengths vs weakness - HOWEVER - they TOO are bi polar regarding which team will show up - and yes; even at home.

We'll be fine.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2016, 07:20 PM
Atlanta are opposite of us regarding strengths vs weakness - HOWEVER - they TOO are bi polar regarding which team will show up - and yes; even at home.

We'll be fine.

Just hope they aren't looking ahead to Oakland. If Maclin and Ford play, which it seems they stand a decent chance, we get a whole lot better than we were at Denver. I don't expect Poe to play but who knows.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Just hope they aren't looking ahead to Oakland. If Maclin and Ford play, which it seems they stand a decent chance, we get a whole lot better than we were at Denver. I don't expect Poe to play but who knows.

They aren't lol. This is a huge game for them. Especially, when you consider the homecoming for some of our defensive stars.

Chiefshrink
12-01-2016, 08:07 PM
This one worries me.

As it should. The only way we win this game is keeping Ryan off the field for as long as possible with a solid TOP in the run game. Yes the Falcons have a poor 2ndary and we need to take advantage of that at the right time. But no way do we want to get into a passing shootout with them. IF we can get decent pressure on Ryan and have a solid run game then we have a chance.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2016, 08:11 PM
They aren't lol. This is a huge game for them. Especially, when you consider the homecoming for some of our defensive stars.

True, Berry, Houston and Ford all making homecomings

SAUTO
12-01-2016, 08:31 PM
Because i don't think you should run more than one smurf in your WR corp.

Nothing personal

Hill is our smurf

Need different guys available for different things

smurf
Tall guy
fast guy
power guy

etc
Then just call hill our fast guy to make yourself happy.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2016, 09:25 PM
Secondary communication is going to be imperative in this game. Can't be giving up 70 yard TDs to no name WRs.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2016, 09:42 PM
Secondary communication is going to be imperative in this game. Can't be giving up 70 yard TDs to no name WRs.

Sutton needs to just play them straight up imo like a normal balanced WR corp. Let Julio get his and count on your pass rush to make the difference, but don't let the other guys beat you.

O.city
12-01-2016, 09:50 PM
https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/804531046972850176

So figured out how to slow down kelce

Red Dawg
12-01-2016, 10:18 PM

Unbelievable bullshit there.

NJChiefsFan
12-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Might help their WR corps.

Our run game isn't what it was.

Tyreek should go off again.

We already played them in the rain this year and saw who it helped.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
12-02-2016, 08:34 AM

The Raiders are home this Sunday, check the schedule.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
12-02-2016, 08:42 AM

The Chiefs are a good road team with Andy as the coach. Playing in a dome will make Tyreek even scarier and I think Spencer Ware is due for a monster game. This one isn't that scary. 31-21 Chiefs!

jjchieffan
12-02-2016, 08:56 AM
The Raiders are home this Sunday, check the schedule.

Yep. You're right. I messed up on that. Someone else already pointed it out to me. But thanks for correcting me.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-02-2016, 09:14 AM

JFC Denver got nothing called against them ALL game and still lost ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

raybec 4
12-02-2016, 09:26 AM
Matt Ryan has been sacked 27 times this year, I feel like he could get 4 or 5 more added to that this week. Their line isn't terrible but they don't have the juice to play our front 7.

TripleThreat
12-02-2016, 12:56 PM
Is there any chance we can beat them straight up? Betting has us as 5 1/2 underdog's... Curious if I should bet straight up or not? A solid 50 to win 100?

I can see us winning this just as much as I can see us losing it...

Dayze
12-02-2016, 01:57 PM
in betting/odds terms, isn't 5.5 point favorite for the Falcons a pretty big line?

I have no idea.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-02-2016, 02:45 PM
Houston, Berry, Ford, Jones, R. Wilson, and probably RNR are all playing close to home with family coming to the game.

Defense is gonna ball out.

Simply Red
12-02-2016, 02:51 PM
not sure if it's been mentioned but - Adrian Clayborn is out for ATL.

RunKC
12-02-2016, 02:52 PM
I just watched the Cardinals/Falcons highlight and some things stood out:

-good fucking God is Atlanta's defense awful. Wide open players, wide open running lanes. Geez. Even our offense should be able to do some things.
-Gabriel was about 75% of their offense. He's their Tyreek Hill. 2 huge screens and an end around.
Those plays don't work well on us.

raybec 4
12-02-2016, 02:54 PM
in betting/odds terms, isn't 5.5 point favorite for the Falcons a pretty big line?

I have no idea.

Not really, playing in the dome automatically gives them 3 points in most sports books. So this says that if they were playing on a neutral sight Falcons would be favored by 2 1/2. Playing in Arrowhead would be a pick em.

NJChiefsFan
12-02-2016, 02:57 PM
Not really, playing in the dome automatically gives them 3 points in most sports books. So this says that if they were playing on a neutral sight Falcons would be favored by 2 1/2. Playing in Arrowhead would be a pick em.

I think a few places like arrowhead actually start out as automatic four points.

ptlyon
12-02-2016, 05:52 PM
Swami says 24-23 Chiefs

stevieray
12-02-2016, 07:06 PM
I'm feeling pretty good about this weekend.

T-post Tom
12-02-2016, 08:07 PM
Why the Chiefs have a good shot at grounding the high-flying Falcons

The thought of facing Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and the high-scoring Atlanta Falcons has to be more than a little intimidating to the Kansas City Chiefs, who in each of the past two weeks allowed well over 300 passing yards to Tampa Bay's Jameis Winston and Denver's Trevor Siemian. It's not hard to imagine that the Falcons saw many things in those games they feel they can exploit. The Chiefs played without their top cornerback, Marcus Peters, two weeks ago, and their second cornerback, Steven Nelson, last week. Both should be available on Sunday, which will help the Chiefs limit the playing time of a struggling third cornerback, Phillip Gaines. Still, the Chiefs know the kind of pressure the Falcons can put on an opposing offense because Atlanta leads the NFL in scoring.

"As good as they are on (offense), we're focused on the defense and getting ready for them," quarterback Alex Smith said. "When you watch the tape you see it though. They're up in a lot of games. The (game) changes when they're up multiple scores."

CHIEFS' X FACTOR

The kicking game is almost always a factor in a game played by the Chiefs, and it usually favors Kansas City. Tyreek Hill's ability as a return specialist, particularly on punts, can intimidate opponents. The thought of punting to Hill, who earlier in the game returned a kick for a touchdown, might have persuaded Denver coach Gary Kubiak to try in overtime the fateful 62-yard field goal that, when it missed, gave the Chiefs favorable field position for their winning field goal. Punter Dustin Colquitt frequently helps the Chiefs win the field-position battle. His kicks are generally easy to cover, so the Chiefs don't allow many return yards. He has also placed 27 punts inside the 20. Kicker Cairo Santos is tied for second in the NFL with 25 field goals and has made almost 90 percent of his attempts. But the mark of a great kicker is what he's done in the clutch. Santos has two walk-off winners in the past three weeks, though he needed to bounce one off an upright to get the job done against Denver.

WHY CHIEFS WILL WIN

The Chiefs have played their most complete games of the season against opponents with a similar profile as that of the Falcons. The Raiders, Saints and Colts each were among the NFL's highest-scoring teams but were also allowing a lot of points when they faced the Chiefs. Kansas City won all three games, two in a convincing manner and the other by six points. Interestingly, the Chiefs found a different strategy that worked for them each time. They ran for 183 yards and controlled time of possession against Oakland. They used a bend-but-don't-break defensive philosophy and allowed 367 passing yards to Drew Brees, but only gave up 21 points. Key turnovers were the deciding factor against Indianapolis. The Chiefs allowed a total of just 45 points in these three games, which were played consecutively in October.

WHY CHIEFS WILL LOSE

The Chiefs are living dangerously because of their inconsistent offense. They deserve a lot of credit for scoring on each of their final three possessions last week to beat the Broncos in overtime. But they had scored just one offensive touchdown up to that point and only three in the previous three games. Don't assume that just because the Chiefs got the job done late in Denver that their offensive problems are solved. They scored 30 points in the final 23 minutes to win the season opener against San Diego in overtime, and then got one offensive touchdown in their next 11 quarters. An inconsistent offense appears to be part of Kansas City's DNA this season. They will need to score some points to beat the Falcons. If this game develops into a high-scoring affair, the advantage is with Atlanta.

CHIEFS PREDICTION

The Chiefs have thrived against opponents that score a lot but also yield a lot of points, like the Falcons. The Chiefs have had three of their highest-scoring games of the season against teams that are among the NFL's worst in scoring defense, as the Falcons are. Meanwhile, the Chiefs on defense have found a way to frustrate those opponents. Their stats from those games haven't always been pretty, but they've been good enough to allow the Chiefs to get the job done. The Chiefs are playing in the din of the Georgia Dome, but they don't need to fear playing on the road. With the glaring exception of an early October blowout loss to the Steelers in Pittsburgh, the Chiefs have been a better team away from Kansas City this season. Their most impressive wins of the season, against the Raiders and Broncos, have been played on the road. The Chiefs have enough going for them that they will find something to work in Atlanta. Chiefs 27, Falcons 24

http://www.espn.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/23945/why-the-chiefs-have-a-good-shot-at-grounding-the-high-flying-falcons

http://a.espncdn.com/i/infographics/20160907_nfl_double_coverage/chiefs2_by_the_numbers_1296x729.png