PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who would you choose to replace Alex if need be?

Couch-Potato
11-28-2016, 10:02 AM
Let's assume for a moment that Alex is holding us back, and we need to look elsewhere for 2017, who do fans have interest in?

Foles
Romo
Cutler
Bortles
Kaepernick
Fitzpatrick
RG3
Gabbert
Siemian
Draft a QB

...anyone else that you think is better and gettable

RunKC
11-28-2016, 10:03 AM
Mitch Trubisky or DeShaun Watson

The Franchise
11-28-2016, 10:03 AM
Draft one.

wazu
11-28-2016, 10:04 AM
Draft one.

You got it. That's why we have the seventh round!

KC_Lee
11-28-2016, 10:05 AM
Break the cycle, draft and develop a QB, make a mint of jersey sales.

loochy
11-28-2016, 10:05 AM
Well yeah, if we can get something better. I don't seem much on your list that I'd consider a step up though.

Foles - if he can be had for cheap then OK, not a step up or down really
Romo - too old, pass
Cutler - pass
Bortles - pass
Kaepernick - lol, sucks
Fitzpatrick - we don't need to be giving up 6 ints in a game
RG3 - he's done
Gabbert - pass
Siemian - might not be the worst thing if he's cheap
Draft a QB - always do this and see what happens, even if we do keep Smith

mcaj22
11-28-2016, 10:08 AM
Mike Glennon

Chiefnj2
11-28-2016, 10:08 AM
Is Andy Reid still the coach? Might as well stick with Smith.

Couch-Potato
11-28-2016, 10:12 AM
Personally, I'm thinking Siemian looked pretty good last night and if Elway doesn't want him... He'd look pretty good behind Alex pushing him for the starting job, draft a QB as well to throw in the mix.

If by some chance Cousins became available, he'd be my pick.

kcchiefsus
11-28-2016, 10:13 AM
Enough with taking someone else's garbage. Draft a fucking quarterback already. If he fails then draft another. Keep doing it until we get it right. Oakland is set for 10 years because they finally got a quarterback. Denver is trying, which is admirable regardless of how Lynch turns out. I'm sure San Diego will draft one when the time is right. We're always in a constant cycle of change because we never get a young guy to build around. It's like fucking Groundhog Day around here. Enough is enough.

threebag
11-28-2016, 10:14 AM
You left out Geno for the chocolate peni lovers.

KC_Lee
11-28-2016, 10:16 AM
Enough with taking someone else's garbage. Draft a ****ing quarterback already. If he fails then draft another. Keep doing it until we get it right. Oakland is set for 10 years because they finally got a quarterback. Denver is trying, which is admirable regardless of how Lynch turns out. I'm sure San Diego will draft one when the time is right. We're always in a constant cycle of change because we never get a young guy to build around. It's like ****ing Groundhog Day around here. Enough is enough.

< SARCASM >Too risky...< /SARCASM >

In58men
11-28-2016, 10:17 AM
Draft one. No more bargain bin QBs.

Molitoth
11-28-2016, 10:23 AM
Draft the best one available and give him an opportunity.

If he is terrible, draft another. You have to TRY.

threebag
11-28-2016, 10:26 AM
LMAO @ Camp Geno. J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets.

BigBeauford
11-28-2016, 10:31 AM
If Bortles or Cousins would be available/affordable then yeah. Otherwise roll with Foles and draft a QB.

DaneMcCloud
11-28-2016, 10:41 AM
I'd give Cousins a Franchise QB contract but the Chiefs would be spinning their wheels with the other options listed. I don't want to see them give up picks for Garapollo but I wouldn't be surprised to see them do so.

I'd rather use this year's Comp Picks to trade up for a QB but I don't think they'll have enough ammo.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-28-2016, 10:45 AM
If Bortles or Cousins would be available/affordable then yeah. Otherwise roll with Foles and draft a QB.

What. in . the. fuck ?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-28-2016, 10:46 AM
Enough with taking someone else's garbage. Draft a ****ing quarterback already. If he fails then draft another. Keep doing it until we get it right. Oakland is set for 10 years because they finally got a quarterback. Denver is trying, which is admirable regardless of how Lynch turns out. I'm sure San Diego will draft one when the time is right. We're always in a constant cycle of change because we never get a young guy to build around. It's like ****ing Groundhog Day around here. Enough is enough.

You mean Oakland is in salary cap hell because they have poorly drafted for many years and only hit on a few of them. Look at their roster, it's loaded with veteran contracts and just a year or two away from crumbling.

Common sense, learn it you dumbass.

In58men
11-28-2016, 10:47 AM

You have just ruined my Monday.

BigBeauford
11-28-2016, 10:54 AM
What. in . the. **** ?

Just answering the hypothetical question posed by the OP. He had an outstanding year last year, better than any Smith has ever had in his career.

Talking about Bortles BTW.

beach tribe
11-28-2016, 10:57 AM
Romo + Draft pick....Duh

Romo plays till his vagina breaks, then draft pick takes over.

Media would slob us. Refs would ignore holds.

vailpass
11-28-2016, 11:05 AM
You mean Oakland is in salary cap hell because they have poorly drafted for many years and only hit on a few of them. Look at their roster, it's loaded with veteran contracts and just a year or two away from crumbling.

Oakland Raiders 2017 Cap
Total Cap Liabilities: $123,634,513 (Top 51: $123,634,513)
Offense: $58,813,822 Defense: $51,923,673 Special: $6,960,000
Team Salary Cap: $166,000,000
Team Cap Space: $42,365,487

Kansas City Chiefs 2017 Cap
Total Cap Liabilities: $167,497,345 (Top 51: $167,497,345)
Offense: $87,817,130 Defense: $73,021,671 Special: $4,900,000
Team Cap Space: ($1,497,345)

*For your other favorite team. If you have additional favorite teams you'll need to look them up on your own.*
SF 49'ers 2017 Cap
Total Cap Liabilities: $118,485,986 (Top 51: $118,485,986)
Offense: $57,881,508 Defense: $57,382,624 Special: $1,813,550
Team Cap Space: $47,514,014

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/oakland-raiders/

Baby Lee
11-28-2016, 11:12 AM
It's the right time to invest heavily in a solid prospect to take over in 3-4 years. But I don't think the focus should be on exactly where we draft him so much as behind the scenes investing in resources and metrics to both identify potential and prepare it for service. Go out and find us a Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott type and put him in a Harvard for QBs training program with solid input from Alex.

Bowser
11-28-2016, 11:19 AM
Trade for Sam Bradford. All the teams are doing it.

SAUTO
11-28-2016, 11:38 AM

ROFLROFLROFL

you sure about this?

stumppy
11-28-2016, 11:46 AM
It's the right time to invest heavily in a solid prospect to take over in 3-4 years. But I don't think the focus should be on exactly where we draft him so much as behind the scenes investing in resources and metrics to both identify potential and prepare it for service. Go out and find us a Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott type and put him in a Harvard for QBs training program with solid input from Alex.

That is a plan I could get behind.

stumppy
11-28-2016, 11:49 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

you sure about this?

It's just ol' TiggerKnobslobber slinging shit around and waiting to see if any sticks to the wall.

Lzen
11-28-2016, 11:51 AM
Personally, I'm thinking Siemian looked pretty good last night and if Elway doesn't want him... He'd look pretty good behind Alex pushing him for the starting job, draft a QB as well to throw in the mix.

Cousins is gonna get a Brinks truck. Washington will pay him.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-28-2016, 11:51 AM
The point is their stars on rookie contacts are due for huge pay days and they don't have the depth to replace the veterans that will be casualties to Mack and Carr getting paid

Lzen
11-28-2016, 11:54 AM

Definitely! If Dorsey and Reid can find guys like Peters and Hill then why not at the QB position?

vailpass
11-28-2016, 11:55 AM
The point is their stars on rookie contacts are due for huge pay days and they don't have the depth to replace the veterans that will be casualties to Mack and Carr getting paid

The point is you were talking out of your ass and got called out on it.

Molitoth
11-28-2016, 11:55 AM

Hopefully you don't want to watch Alex Smith for 3-4 years...

Wilson (did) and Dak (are) competing at a high level as ROOKIES.

I don't want our future QB taking any advice from Alex Smith.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2016, 12:00 PM
Draft one and sit him behind Smith for a year if the kid isn't ready.

KC_Lee
11-28-2016, 12:24 PM

BREAKING NEWS!!!

This just in; NFL teams have to make tough choices when faced with multiple large contracts for young up and coming star players!!

CupidStunt
11-28-2016, 12:40 PM
Dustin Colquitt would be a solid upgrade if the brass is too scared to draft as usual.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-28-2016, 12:41 PM
BREAKING NEWS!!!

This just in; NFL teams have to make tough choices when faced with multiple large contracts for young up and coming star players!!

There's a big difference between how Seattle and KC develops talent and how the Raiders do it. Big, big difference

O.city
11-28-2016, 12:43 PM
Draft one of the Qb's who gets over analyzed and picked apart in the draft process and falls for no reason. Let him sit if you have to or just play him immediately.

Profit.

Molitoth
11-28-2016, 01:00 PM
Draft one of the Qb's who gets over analyzed and picked apart in the draft process and falls for no reason. Let him sit if you have to or just play him immediately.

Profit.

In other words, don't draft a QB based off of a measurable (Hello Blaine Gabbert). Draft one on heart, leadership, and a passion to be great.

dls6501
11-28-2016, 01:06 PM
In other words, don't draft a QB based off of a measurable (Hello Blaine Gabbert). Draft one on heart, leadership, and a passion to be great.

No offense bro (because I actually have agreed with much of what you have posted in this thread)......

But what you just described was Tim Tebow.

BWillie
11-28-2016, 01:07 PM
Other than drafting one, Tony effing Romo. Don't count him out.

BWillie
11-28-2016, 01:08 PM
Romo + Draft pick....Duh

I'm in. Best option by far IMO

O.city
11-28-2016, 01:13 PM

I'm all about measurables but basically yeah.

Pick a guy that's good at football and projects well in our system

Easy 6
11-28-2016, 01:20 PM
Until the season is over, I am 100% done talking about Smith good or bad

He is the QB of my team, so I wish him all success going forward

Molitoth
11-28-2016, 01:21 PM
No offense bro (because I actually have agreed with much of what you have posted in this thread)......

But what you just described was Tim Tebow.

Haha, you got me there!
:clap:

But yeah, they need to be a legit passer too.

Bowser
11-28-2016, 01:22 PM
Other than drafting one, Tony effing Romo. Don't count him out.

Yeah, let's bring in a guy that will be 37 coming off of a broken back to play quarterback for us. :facepalm:

Beef Supreme
11-28-2016, 01:29 PM
Yeah, let's bring in a guy that will be 37 coming off of a broken back to play quarterback for us. :facepalm:

Isn't that almost exactly what the Broncos did to win a Superbowl?

KC_Lee
11-28-2016, 01:31 PM
Isn't that almost exactly what the Broncos did to win a Superbowl?

Yeah but that was before the HGH ban. :D

Sandy Vagina
11-28-2016, 01:48 PM

Now, you know.. doesn't matter who you are.. this is a statement that will ultimately fail. It has to.

I am in the draft a day 1 or day 2 quarterback, and develop him for 1-2 seasons. With Andy Reid, just make sure he's adept at the short passing game, has some mobility, and has lots of gigabytes.

Molitoth
11-28-2016, 02:01 PM
Now, you know.. doesn't matter who you are.. this is a statement that will ultimately fail. It has to.

I am in the draft a day 1 or day 2 quarterback, and develop him for 1-2 seasons. With Andy Reid, just make sure he's adept at the short passing game, has some mobility, and has lots of gigabytes.

I'm still trying to understand why you want to wait 1-2 seasons of letting the rest of the team get older while you have QB's like Dak, Ryan, Dalton, Carr, Flacco, Rivers, Luck, Winston, Stafford, Mariota, Cam, Wilson, Big Ben, Bortles, etc coming in and doing very well their rookie seasons.

I mean, if your team was complete shit and void of talent where you're going to get his psyche raped immediately (Cleveland Browns), I understand.... but the Chiefs have a really good team.

Easy 6
11-28-2016, 02:09 PM

No, not really... what I think about it doesnt have the slightest effect on Andy Reid anyway, so I'm simply taking the stance of "bitching is pointless", particularly after a huge win

I want Alex Smith to have a fantastic finish to 2016, and I'll pick the subject of who should our QB be, back up after the season

Dont worry, plenty of others will pick up my slack for now lol

BWillie
11-28-2016, 02:10 PM

He's not going to get a massive contract. And if you have a QB in waiting, you have a good contingency plan. Plus, most of the time Romo's problem has been coming back too early. He's repeatedly came back to try to play WITH broken ribs. Now that he's not playing and has the offseason he'll have a chance to heal up.

Besides, it will be a pretty low risk deal with potential of high upside for a couple years. #KansasCityRomo

BigBeauford
11-28-2016, 02:25 PM

#NotMyQuarterback

Dunerdr
11-28-2016, 04:31 PM
id say extend/restructure foles big year option next year for 3ish years. he was on par with smith numbers wise without ware or maclin, so its a lateral move with upside. in the mean time draft some one for the love of pete. I realize foles left the rams after they drafted a qb in the first. but lets be real he can up his price tag here ala kevin kolb.

Sandy Vagina
11-28-2016, 04:32 PM
I'm still trying to understand why you want to wait 1-2 seasons of letting the rest of the team get older while you have QB's like Dak, Ryan, Dalton, Carr, Flacco, Rivers, Luck, Winston, Stafford, Mariota, Cam, Wilson, Big Ben, Bortles, etc coming in and doing very well their rookie seasons.

I mean, if your team was complete shit and void of talent where you're going to get his psyche raped immediately (Cleveland Browns), I understand.... but the Chiefs have a really good team.

I'm basically going off of what I expect to happen.

I expect that KC will retain Smith for at least the 2017 season.. this is of course assuming that Smith doesn't elect to retire after this season.

I have never been a fan of a rookie QB starting.. particularly one that isn't selected top 5. Sure, it could work.. but would likely be as big a waste of the older guy's remaining years.

Is it not true that Andy's scheme and playbook is large, and requires gigabytes? If it is true, I am especially hesitant to start a rookie QB then.

So even if Smith retires.. maybe they'd sign Foles to an incentive, short-term deal.. to be that bridge vet... and draft that day 1 or day 2 rookie.

If that rookie outplays the bridge vet? **** it.. give him the reins.

Amnorix
11-28-2016, 04:35 PM
Not that you guys want him, having done the Patriots retread QB thing before with much annoyance, but I'm surprised Garroppolo wasn't on the list, if only to crush the idea and rage about Pioli too.

I dunno if he will be available, but it's certainly possible.

Dunerdr
11-28-2016, 04:42 PM
the more I think about it the more I think foles would be the sure fire answer for the short term. andy liked him enough to draft him, he liked andy enough to turn down other gigs to be here, sounds like they stayed in contact too.

MeatRock
11-28-2016, 04:46 PM
The point is you were talking out of your ass and got called out on it.

ROFL

RunKC
11-28-2016, 04:49 PM
The reality is that we need to get rid of Alex or Foles this offseason. I would imagine that if we keep both, one of them has their deal restructured to lower the cap hit (IMO Foles).

Either way, we need to push heavily for a young gun. I really like Trubisky, Watson and Kizer right now and I definitely believe one of them will either be there for us to get.

Just get the kid and sit him a year or two while the offense is built up even more.

Sandy Vagina
11-28-2016, 04:53 PM
Definitely time for a young gun.

Just pointing out, if they decide to keep Smith, his cap hit actually goes down in 2017.

(16.9m)

After the season, would his play and value have matched this number? No choice but to let Dorsey and Reid decide....

Halfcan
11-28-2016, 05:05 PM
Foles should start this week....period. I am sure he can throw for more than 17 yards in an entire half. Alex has been outplayed by Every QB sans Fitz. He IS the problem with the offense. Bench him and cut ties with him.

Dunerdr
11-28-2016, 05:20 PM
Definitely time for a young gun.

Just pointing out, if they decide to keep Smith, his cap hit actually goes down in 2017.

(16.9m)

After the season, would his play and value have matched this number? No choice but to let Dorsey and Reid decide....

17 mill for last nights performance gtfo

SAUTO
11-28-2016, 05:24 PM
I'd give Cousins a Franchise QB contract but the Chiefs would be spinning their wheels with the other options listed. I don't want to see them give up picks for Garapollo but I wouldn't be surprised to see them do so.

I'd rather use this year's Comp Picks to trade up for a QB but I don't think they'll have enough ammo.

This.

frozenchief
11-28-2016, 05:29 PM
We keep talking about drafting a young gun and letting him sit under Alex's tutelage for a few years. We did that with Bray and they specifically kept Bray after cutting Hogan and Murray. Bray certainly has an arm but he reminds of Nuke Laloosh - million dollar arm, five cent head. Haven't seen anything from him since pre-season but from what I saw in pre-season, he wouldn't be worse than bringing one somebody brand new.

Is there something I'm missing?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
11-28-2016, 05:37 PM
Foles should start this week....period. I am sure he can throw for more than 17 yards in an entire half. Alex has been outplayed by Every QB sans Fitz. He IS the problem with the offense. Bench him and cut ties with him.

He had his chance and he squandered it away with his 1/6 red zone TD rate. That Jacksonville performance was awful

Coochie liquor
11-28-2016, 05:38 PM
Mike Glennon

I'd really like this on a cheap deal to see what he's got. Played pretty well the few opportunities he was given in TB.

SAUTO
11-28-2016, 05:43 PM
He had his chance and he squandered it away with his 1/6 red zone TD rate. That Jacksonville performance was awful

ROFL

How many chances has Smith gotten?(and I'm not for foles starting at this point, just pointing out how fucking stupid and hypocritical you are)

OnTheWarpath15
11-28-2016, 05:56 PM
ROFL

How many chances has Smith gotten?(and I'm not for foles starting at this point, just pointing out how fucking stupid and hypocritical you are)

Foles gets one game against a Top 5 pass defense, Alex gets 11 seasons and I believe 6? games against bottom 1/3 pass defenses this season alone.

Sounds about right.

His uncle's spunk must have had some antifreeze in it or something.

EDIT: 6 defenses ranked 21st or worse in pass defense. About to get the 32nd ranked team this week.

O.city
11-28-2016, 06:11 PM
Like I said, draft DeSean Watson when he falls because evaluators are stupid, put him with this team and Reid and win

beach tribe
11-28-2016, 06:13 PM

He could improve if given more time with the starters...Alex is going BACKWARDS.

I have held my tongue thus far but is obvious to anyone with half a clue that he is worse than every QB we have played....Even the rookies.

He is not even close to worth his contract.

17 yards in a fucking half?? 17 yards???

17 yards.

SAUTO
11-28-2016, 06:23 PM
Like I said, draft DeSean Watson when he falls because evaluators are stupid, put him with this team and Reid and win

I would be all over this too

O.city
11-28-2016, 06:25 PM
No retreads, no trades.

Draft a guy that can grow with the young core we have for the next 5 years and be here for the next 15

Rain Man
11-28-2016, 06:27 PM
I appreciate the thoroughness of the original post by adding players like Gabbert and Kaepernick, just in case we have any insane people offering their opinion.

Deberg_1990
11-28-2016, 06:30 PM
Throw all of Clarks monies at Kirk Cousins

MotherfuckerJones
11-28-2016, 06:32 PM

He was playing with a JV offense. Smith is as bad and hasn't shown a drop off in play.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2016, 06:36 PM
Draft the best one available and give him an opportunity.

If he is terrible, draft another. You have to TRY.
We totally agree /Cleveland Browns

beach tribe
11-28-2016, 06:42 PM
We totally agree /95% of all SB winners.

FYP...

So, WTF are you saying???

Dont try to draft a franchise QB

OnTheWarpath15
11-28-2016, 06:45 PM
No retreads, no trades.

Draft a guy that can grow with the young core we have for the next 5 years and be here for the next 15

We all know that's not gonna happen.

And even if it did, that just means this core gets older watching Alex Smith throw 3 yard passes on 3rd and 14 while the rook sits.

dls6501
11-28-2016, 06:51 PM

You have come a long way since all of the negative reps and insults you used to throw my way.

:toast:

carcosa
11-28-2016, 06:54 PM
Wildcat formation

jspchief
11-28-2016, 07:06 PM
Cousins or rookie.

Easy 6
11-28-2016, 07:27 PM
You have come a long way since all of the negative reps and insults you used to throw my way.

:toast:

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, and I say this without any snark whatsoever... but I dont really even know who you are, you've got 780 posts

Pretty sure you've got the wrong guy, I usually remember the people I've negged because I rarely do it

O.city
11-28-2016, 07:47 PM

And even if it did, that just means this core gets older watching Alex Smith throw 3 yard passes on 3rd and 14 while the rook sits.

If they wanna sit a guy a year, that's fine with me. I'd have no problem with that.

tk13
11-28-2016, 07:48 PM
Aaron Rodgers.

Chief Roundup
11-28-2016, 07:59 PM
Spencer Ware.
The offense looked better with him back there than Smith. ROFL

Coochie liquor
11-28-2016, 08:08 PM
Trade JC, Harris, Maclin, and Wilson to Tb for Winston and Evans. 4 players for 2, sounds legit!

Sandy Vagina
11-28-2016, 08:12 PM
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, and I say this without any snark whatsoever... but I dont really even know who you are, you've got 780 posts

Pretty sure you've got the wrong guy, I usually remember the people I've negged because I rarely do it

He's a 49ers fan that hates Smith so much, he registered here to continue the hate. :facepalm:

MotherfuckerJones
11-28-2016, 08:13 PM
It's gota be a drafted late first QB. My guess right now is Watson slips and KC takes him. I want Kizer though.

dls6501
11-28-2016, 08:43 PM

I dont have the wrong guy. Will not post a screenshot because my intent was to offer up the cheers smiley. Lol

All good bro.

dls6501
11-28-2016, 08:44 PM
He's a 49ers fan that hates Smith so much, he registered here to continue the hate. :facepalm:

Shut the fuck up Sandy. You have no idea what you are talking about. I really have no idea where you came up with that idea, but continue to roll with it if you please. Just know you are wrong.

CoMoChief
11-28-2016, 08:55 PM
Kirk Cousins

Why? Because Washington is fucking stupid, they'll do anything.

CoMoChief
11-28-2016, 08:59 PM

Was it really any worse than anything we've seen w/ Smith most of the season, minus the Raiders game?

kcchiefsus
11-28-2016, 09:00 PM

Tough shit. This core isn't going to do shit without a real quarterback so we're fucked anyways.

Couch-Potato
11-28-2016, 11:56 PM
It would be very Chiefs'like of us to make a trade for Simian or Gorapollo if we can't restructure Foles to stay. At this point I think all we can hope for is one of the above challenging Alex for the starting job + drafting a QB annually until we strike gold.

Smith
Foles/Simian/Gorappolo
Drafted QB

Kousins is the longshot i'm hoping for however. If we're lucky his dispute with management will continue and he'll look elsewhere for a championship caliber team just waiting for a talented young QB. I wouldn't be surprised to see several articles naming the Chiefs as his best football destination this offseason.

"Entering Thursday's marquee showdown at Dallas, Cousins boasted the highest passer rating of any quarterback in his last 20 starts, per NFL Research. Cousins went on to set a single-game franchise record for completions (41), passing for the second-most yards (449) in Thanksgiving history. Since his "You like that!" breakout performance last October, Cousins has posted astonishing numbers, completing 70.1 percent of his passes at 8.4 yards per attempt for a 43:10 TD-to-INT ratio and a sterling 108.8 passer rating in 21 games."

Chiefshrink
11-29-2016, 12:09 AM

Cousins overrated.

Chiefshrink
11-29-2016, 12:12 AM
Draft the kid from Washington when he is eligible. We would have to throw the season to do so I'm afraid.

MotherfuckerJones
11-29-2016, 12:13 AM
It's time to draft and develop our guy

splatbass
11-29-2016, 12:28 AM
Wilson (did) and Dak (are) competing at a high level as ROOKIES.

That rarely happens. It is ridiculous to expect it.

DaneMcCloud
11-29-2016, 12:32 AM
Cousins overrated.

You're a dipshit.

Since Cousins won the Washington starting job to open the 2015 season, he's second among all NFL quarterbacks in accuracy (69.18 percent passing), fourth in passing yards (7,706) and fourth in passer rating (101.5).

Good call.

Chiefshrink
11-29-2016, 12:36 AM
You're a dipshit.

Since Cousins won the Washington starting job to open the 2015 season, he's second among all NFL quarterbacks in accuracy (69.18 percent passing), fourth in passing yards (7,706) and fourth in passer rating (101.5).

Good call.

Throw stats around all you want he can't win the big game win it counts.

DaneMcCloud
11-29-2016, 12:37 AM
Throw stats around all you want he can't win the big game win it counts.

LMAO

Yet Alex Smith has poor stats yet two yuge comeback wins this year.

This forum is a joke.

Chiefshrink
11-29-2016, 12:50 AM
LMAO

This forum is a joke.

I thought we were talking Cousins here and quite frankly you can say the same about Smith to your point. Stats or no stats both of these guys can't win the big game when it counts(PLAYOFFS!!!!!) Nothing against Smith and I have been frustrated with him at times like we all have but I want to see him to do the Patriots in Foxborough what he did last night in Denver in the playoffs. I know Cousins sure in the heck won't in the playoffs.

CasselGotPeedOn
11-29-2016, 12:54 AM

Absolutely right. I hope Dorsey is working on an extension with Alex right this minute.

splatbass
11-29-2016, 12:57 AM
I thought we were talking Cousins here and quite frankly you can say the same about Smith to your point. Stats or no stats both of these guys can't win the big game when it counts(PLAYOFFS!!!!!)

Smith has won 2 playoff games.

Chromatic
11-29-2016, 02:29 AM
Romo + Draft pick....Duh

I'm down for this. I'd happily relive the Montana years in 2017.

Reminder that a 38 year old broken down Joe Montana had more arm strength than a healthy Alex Smith.

<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/InsecureMiserableFrog' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' width='640' height='416' allowfullscreen></iframe>

kcchiefsus
11-29-2016, 04:51 AM

Reminder that a 38 year old broken down Joe Montana had more arm strength than a healthy Alex Smith.

<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/InsecureMiserableFrog' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' width='640' height='416' allowfullscreen></iframe>

You mean those "glory years" when we still didn't win anything that matters? Yeah, let's sign another over the hill has been and continue to ignore quarterbacks in the draft.

Sandy Vagina
11-29-2016, 05:34 AM

Amusing thing about this gif is, we can probably count on one hand a pocket that clean.. that much time given.. for Smith in his 4 years as a Chief. LMAO

Molitoth
11-29-2016, 07:51 AM

Here is a list of current NFL starting QB's with very serviceable to exceptional Rookie seasons.

Roethlisberger, Cam, Wilson, Ryan, Luck, Dalton, Carr, Rivers, Winston, Bortles, Tannehill, Cutler, Stafford, Flacco, Mariota, RG3...

Yes, that rarely happens. lol

But you're right!!! Let's go send more draft picks for some other teams backup QB, because that always works out.

King_Chief_Fan
11-29-2016, 08:22 AM
It would be very Chiefs'like of us to make a trade for Simian or Gorapollo if we can't restructure Foles to stay. At this point I think all we can hope for is one of the above challenging Alex for the starting job + drafting a QB annually until we strike gold.

Smith
Foles/Simian/Gorappolo
Drafted QB

Kousins is the longshot i'm hoping for however. If we're lucky his dispute with management will continue and he'll look elsewhere for a championship caliber team just waiting for a talented young QB. I wouldn't be surprised to see several articles naming the Chiefs as his best football destination this offseason.

"Entering Thursday's marquee showdown at Dallas, Cousins boasted the highest passer rating of any quarterback in his last 20 starts, per NFL Research. Cousins went on to set a single-game franchise record for completions (41), passing for the second-most yards (449) in Thanksgiving history. Since his "You like that!" breakout performance last October, Cousins has posted astonishing numbers, completing 70.1 percent of his passes at 8.4 yards per attempt for a 43:10 TD-to-INT ratio and a sterling 108.8 passer rating in 21 games."

Anyone but Foles

Go Royals
11-29-2016, 08:36 AM
Amusing thing about this gif is, we can probably count on one hand a pocket that clean.. that much time given.. for Smith in his 4 years as a Chief. LMAO

It's like you can't even help being retarded

rico
11-29-2016, 08:38 AM

Do you actually believe that?

Are you seriously implying Alexcuses as to why Alex Smith doesn't match up to Joe Montana? I mean...you are a 49ers fan...I doubt you dislike Montana or anything...unless you had a different team in that time that you rooted for...?

As a 49er fan, is Alex Smith your favorite ever 49er QB...a group which also consists of Joe Montana, Steve Young and the great Colin Kaepernick, who led his 49ers to a Super Bowl and NFC Championship team????

For realzies??!??!?

O.city
11-29-2016, 08:42 AM
The chiefs kept 6 in to block 3. I'd hope it was a clean pocket

splatbass
11-29-2016, 08:57 AM
Here is a list of current NFL starting QB's with very serviceable to exceptional Rookie seasons.

Roethlisberger, Cam, Wilson, Ryan, Luck, Dalton, Carr, Rivers, Winston, Bortles, Tannehill, Cutler, Stafford, Flacco, Mariota, RG3...

Yes, that rarely happens. lol

But you're right!!! Let's go send more draft picks for some other teams backup QB, because that always works out.

Of those Big Ben, Wilson and Flacco have won a SB. RGIII is pretty much done. Rivers hasn't won much of anything. Winston the same. Mariota has looked good on a bad team. Stafford, meh. Cutler? Are you ****ing serious? What has Cutler ever won? Bortles?!?!?! He has been on one of the worst teams in the NFL. Of those, to meet your standard of being like Wilson and Prescott and tearing it up their rookie year you have Big Ben and Wilson.

In58men
11-29-2016, 08:59 AM
LMAO

This forum is a joke.

Huge*

scho63
11-29-2016, 09:15 AM
Draft One for sure.....

NO TO BROKEBACK ROMO
RG3 IS DEAD
CUTLER IS A MESS AND 33
KAEPERNICK NO F***ING WAY
Bortles, Fitzpatrick, Gabbert, Siemian THIS IS A JOKE!

Eleazar
11-29-2016, 09:19 AM
Bottles or draft are the only two that make sense. I don't think Bortles deserves to see his talent squandered in Jacksonville and he could flourish if he were able to develop on a decent team.

But drafting one in the 1st or 2nd is the correct answer.

threebag
11-29-2016, 09:23 AM
Huge*

https://forums.t-nation.com/uploads/default/original/3X/b/6/b6c383a622776cd40b936ccc10dbf10182d6e21d.jpg

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2016, 09:49 AM
CP logic around here - we are a Super Bowl team. Mention adding a rookie QB then we don't have enough talent.

O.city
11-29-2016, 09:54 AM
Kind of remind me of the steelers pre big ben.

A rookie can do what Alex does. Play safe, etc. Add a few more ol and weapons for the rookie, retool the d a bit and be good for 10 years.

This isn't rocket surgery

Molitoth
11-29-2016, 01:41 PM
Of those Big Ben, Wilson and Flacco have won a SB. RGIII is pretty much done. Rivers hasn't won much of anything. Winston the same. Mariota has looked good on a bad team. Stafford, meh. Cutler? Are you ****ing serious? What has Cutler ever won? Bortles?!?!?! He has been on one of the worst teams in the NFL. Of those, to meet your standard of being like Wilson and Prescott and tearing it up their rookie year you have Big Ben and Wilson.

Dude, I can't even.... You missed the entire point.

These QB's came in and did well THEIR ROOKIE SEASONS. We are no longer in an age where you need a QB to sit on the bench behind some brokedick and "learn" for a couple seasons. These QB's have been playing football their entire lives and are smart kids getting top notch coaching.
By the time they get to the NFL, they either have IT, or they don't. There is no need to waste seasons on the bench "learning" while the rest of the team gets OLD.

But lets face it. When this regime is done with Alice Smith and the next one comes in and drafts a bunch of lineman, trades picks for some other teams scrap QB, and is passing out the Red kool-aid like we have seen so many times, YOU are going to be chugging it so hard and running around shouting "TRUE FAN". Good job! you and the people like you are what keeps this franchise in our current state of mediocrity.

https://media.giphy.com/media/11Z4zciA8ISJhu/giphy.gif

Saccopoo
11-29-2016, 01:48 PM
http://www.relatably.com/m/img/sick-memes-bro/55215639.jpg

threebag
11-29-2016, 03:49 PM
Pre draft the daddy's, Inmen, pest, the Genoites and the rest of the Clayologist need to out their guy so we know thats not the direction to go.

CasselGotPeedOn
11-29-2016, 04:25 PM
Pre draft the daddy's, Inmen, pest, the Genoites and the rest of the Clayologist need to out their guy so we know thats not the direction to go.

Claynus live rent free in your head.

threebag
11-29-2016, 04:43 PM
Troll is wrong more than a broken clock

grimes82
11-29-2016, 06:43 PM
If smith is replaced ... I would like to see what foles could do if giventhe opportunity as a starter. His downfield accuracy is good... could be interesting to see him get the long ball to maclin and hill.

Sandy Vagina
11-29-2016, 06:49 PM
If smith is replaced ... I would like to see what foles could do if giventhe opportunity as a starter. His downfield accuracy is good... could be interesting to see him get the long ball to maclin and hill.

I think this would be the smart way to go, if Smith is out.

Also depends on the contract for Foles, obviously.. which shouldn't (and better not be) too generous. Throw some incentives to fuel his motivation, but nothing that KC can't get out of quickly, in case he sucks or the rookie selected is ready to kick ass.

OnTheWarpath15
11-29-2016, 06:51 PM
Draft pick is the right answer.

But if the Chiefs are going to do Chiefs-like things, then Cousins is really the only acceptable answer.

He basically has one weapon in Jordan Reed, no running game until Kelley took over, and has turned Jamison Crowder into a legit player.

Give him our running game, our weapons in the passing game and our defense?

Look the fuck out.

BWillie
11-29-2016, 06:51 PM

Count me on on Team Romo to KC.

BWillie
11-29-2016, 06:52 PM

But if the Chiefs are going to do Chiefs-like things, then Cousins is really the only acceptable answer.

He basically has one weapon in Jordan Reed, no running game until Kelley took over, and has turned Jamison Crowder into a legit player.

Look the **** out.

Draft picks usually suck. Get a draft pick, and sign Tony Romo. Once Tony Romo dies. Maybe we'll have a Aaron Rodgers thing going on.

OnTheWarpath15
11-29-2016, 06:53 PM
Count me on on Team Romo to KC.

If you could guarantee Romo's health, I'd be right with you.

Dude might be the most underrated QB in recent memory. He'd ball out with these weapons and the support of this defense.

Until Week 2, when he dies.

OnTheWarpath15
11-29-2016, 06:55 PM
Draft picks usually suck. Get a draft pick, and sign Tony Romo. Once Tony Romo dies. Maybe we'll have a Aaron Rodgers thing going on.

Seems like a lot of picks lately - even late picks - haven't exactly sucked.

And if Dorsey is the God most of you make him out to be, we're more likely to end up with Dak Prescott than a dud.

BWillie
11-29-2016, 06:56 PM
If you could guarantee Romo's health, I'd be right with you.

Dude might be the most underrated QB in recent memory. He'd ball out with these weapons and the support of this defense.

Until Week 2, when he dies.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/51/512e206fbb6ad999be376588d40784cdc422f9d8c2fdbbb67b75b3f9a8aaba56.jpg

Sign him anyway. If you have a good back up, I don't see the problem.

OnTheWarpath15
11-29-2016, 06:56 PM
LMAO

Chief Northman
11-29-2016, 06:57 PM
I have been skeptical about the potential of a franchise qb being available in this year's draft, but I am warming up to Trubisky and to a lesser degree, Kizer. Problem is, the Chiefs don't have the required draft ammo to move up to get one of them.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-29-2016, 07:09 PM
Jugs Machine operated by Shakes The Clown.

rico
11-29-2016, 07:16 PM

Look the **** out.

THIS!

Cousins officially has me sold. A freaking warrior.

O.city
11-29-2016, 07:18 PM
The skins are pretty stacked at the skill positions and ha e a pretty good ol. I kind of think cousins is a bit overrated and wouldn't pay him what it will take.

BWillie
11-29-2016, 07:19 PM
THIS!

I mean, I'd like Cousins too as a long term answer, but he's going to get PAID. Especially compared to Romo. We have to pay Alex Smiff 10-14 milly in 2017 and 2018 no matter what right?

rico
11-29-2016, 07:21 PM
I think this would be the smart way to go, if Smith is out.

Also depends on the contract for Foles, obviously.. which shouldn't (and better not be) too generous. Throw some incentives to fuel his motivation, but nothing that KC can't get out of quickly, in case he sucks or the rookie selected is ready to kick ass.

So which QB not named Alex Smith do you consider to be the sexiest? I'm just kind of trying to guess what team you will be picking apart (outside of the QB position) next year.

rico
11-29-2016, 07:22 PM
I mean, I'd like Cousins too as a long term answer, but he's going to get PAID. Especially compared to Romo. We have to pay Alex Smiff 10-14 milly in 2017 and 2018 no matter what right?

I think we can cut Smith's scrubby ass after this season, but I'm not sure.

Sandy Vagina
11-29-2016, 07:26 PM
So which QB not named Alex Smith do you consider to be the sexiest? I'm just kind of trying to guess what team you will be picking apart (outside of the QB position) next year.

lol, I'll be right here regardless.. and I don't like men in that way.. ever.. at all.

rico
11-29-2016, 07:32 PM
lol, I'll be right here regardless.. and I don't like men in that way.. ever.. at all.

https://media.giphy.com/media/5aOnAYJPyaY9O/giphy.gif

Dinny Bossa Nova
11-29-2016, 07:33 PM
Troll is wrong more than a broken clock

Broken clock right two minutes a day.

Troll more like mushroom, live under......

srvy
11-29-2016, 07:44 PM
Let's assume for a moment that Alex is holding us back, and we need to look elsewhere for 2017, who do fans have interest in?

Foles
Romo
Cutler
Bortles
Kaepernick
Fitzpatrick
RG3
Gabbert
Siemian
Draft a QB

...anyone else that you think is better and gettable

Cutler really is the walking talking diabetes and Romo needs to be locked away with the expensive china so he doesn't break. The rest is ass so if Alex doesn't turn it around Foles and draft the best QB at your draft position and if your absolutely in love with a QB trade up and get him. I am tired of others going ahead of us and getting talent.

srvy
11-29-2016, 07:54 PM

The kids now are nearly NFL ready and play in some sophisticated offenses

if yor waiting 3 to 4 years you did it wrong.

Chiefaholic
11-29-2016, 08:03 PM
Definitely! If Dorsey and Reid can find guys like Peters and Hill then why not at the QB position?

Aaron Rogers turned out to be a pretty decent QB.

splatbass
11-29-2016, 08:07 PM
Dude, I can't even.... You missed the entire point.

These QB's came in and did well THEIR ROOKIE SEASONS. We are no longer in an age where you need a QB to sit on the bench behind some brokedick and "learn" for a couple seasons. These QB's have been playing football their entire lives and are smart kids getting top notch coaching.
By the time they get to the NFL, they either have IT, or they don't. There is no need to waste seasons on the bench "learning" while the rest of the team gets OLD.

I disagree completely. There aren't many QBs that play in pro style offenses in college, so most aren't ready for the NFL when they are rookies.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-29-2016, 08:13 PM
I disagree completely. There aren't many QBs that play in pro style offenses in college, so most aren't ready for the NFL when they are rookies.

Negative. The trend is swinging up. Bridgewater, Jameis, and Dak are excellent examples.

Yes, Teddy is toast, but shit happens. And Minn. was not set back millions and time as they would have been in the final years of large-scale rookie contracts for the position.

Chiefaholic
11-29-2016, 08:24 PM
THIS!

The last post Washington QB we had played pretty respectable ball for us.

Easy 6
11-29-2016, 08:59 PM
The skins are pretty stacked at the skill positions and ha e a pretty good ol. I kind of think cousins is a bit overrated and wouldn't pay him what it will take.

Someone finally said it... yes, Cousins is overrated, way overrated

KChiefs1
11-29-2016, 09:22 PM
Draft one with the 32nd pick in the first round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeatRock
11-29-2016, 09:27 PM
My mom! :thumb:

threebag
11-29-2016, 09:30 PM
Can we get Frankie back?

MeatRock
11-29-2016, 09:32 PM
Can we get Frankie back?

Only if we can get Hootie back. Free Hootie goddammit!

O.city
11-29-2016, 09:54 PM
It's gotta be a draft pick

threebag
11-29-2016, 10:02 PM
Only if we can get Hootie back. Free Hootie goddammit!

No Thig Lyfe love?

Rasputin
11-30-2016, 10:34 AM
No Thig Lyfe love?

Would you eat a Bag O' Dicks for AustinChief? Cuz Thig Lyfe ain't coming back unless someone eats a Bag O' Dicks.

rico
11-30-2016, 10:38 AM
No Thig Lyfe love?

I miss Thig Lyfe... guy made shit funny and interesting as hell. Totally shouldn't have told AustinChief to suck a bag of dicks, though. That's just begging for the perm.