PDA

View Full Version : Football Against the spread NFL week 13

TripleThreat
11-30-2016, 12:29 PM
So I want to bet again this week, have a little money to play with after picking KC last week straight up with no points which gave me extra $$....

Any games stand out that look like sure winners?

The games I like, and call me out and tell me im crazy if I am, but leave a good point so I can think about why its a bad choice.. These are the games im probably leaning towards.

Bolded games are the teams I want to bet for.

Denver -5 vs @Jax +5... I want to pick Denver here, lost to us in a nail bitter last week, may have something to prove against a struggling JAX team? Only problem for me in this game is the short week, but again, i like it.

KC +3 1/2 vs @ Atlanta - 3 1/2... I want to do what I did last week and pick KC to win straight up no points for extra cash... Honestly I know alot here are doubting us vs this Atlanta offense, but this year they have shown in some games to completely fold like they did last year on offense, and I could see us playing them HARD this week with all the hype surrounding there offense, and more games than not, we are ALWAYS in position to win our games for the last 2 seasons, so its hard to picture any type of a blow out, maybe take the points?

SF +1 1/2 vs @Bears -1 1/2... I actually can see the 49ers winning this one. Barkley is in, and kaepernick looks like hes actually playing pretty well for there team. It seems there defense is the bigger issue over there, without having weapons on offense. To me, this is kaepernick vs Barkley, and I can see kaepernick out performing Barkley, with Alshon suspended and Chicagos star linebacker suspended....

NYG + 6 vs @Pitt - 6.. This is one of my more favorites.... Sure, you can never count pittsburgh out, but the giants are HUNGRY, and they need this one to stay in the picture for the playoffs in a tight race going on over there for the wildcard spots...

PHI -1 vs @ Cin +1.... I like this one alot like NYG, but similar story. I always have a hard time betting with rookie QB's like Wentz because sometimes you just dont know what you are gonna get that day with a rookie QB in the NFL...

TLDR: I bolded the teams that I think will win, lemme know which ones im wrong on and why if possible, or if theres a different game I didnt list that seems like a sure-winner.

BlackHelicopters
11-30-2016, 01:04 PM
Always take the ' dogs. NFL. Is an underdog league.

TripleThreat
11-30-2016, 05:35 PM
Weird I forsure thought we had some betters on here

TripleThreat
11-30-2016, 05:39 PM
Always take the ' dogs. NFL. Is an underdog league.

Yeah but problem is which underdogs lol. They win sure but it ain't 50/50

Kidd Lex
11-30-2016, 05:46 PM
Taking all road teams will often leave you broke and broken hearted. If I were you I'd stick with your picks and do a 4 team teaser to give you some additional breathing room. Taking the Chiefs and the money line is a fun one, but I'd wait for the line to move to 4 so you get a slightly better payout. Good luck.

Pointer19
11-30-2016, 05:47 PM
I'm not lying when I say that I'd bet against the Chiefs. If we win, you're happier than a clam and can claim that your bad luck let you buy our victory. If we lose, you have a little cash consolation prize.

ModSocks
11-30-2016, 06:03 PM
I have a weekly "Pick 'Em" i participate in at a local community store (shhhhh).

You just pick the winner straight up. Person who got the most right wins the pot.

It's honestly surprising how difficult it is to pick a straight up winner and get it right every time.

50-100 People per week, all @ $10 each bet....can make some good money any given week, but **** it's hard to get them all right. It's rare that someone gets them all right. Most often people get 2-3 wrong and end up splitting the pot. I haven't won in two years ROFL

Lots of 2nd place though....but that doesn't yield much.

Earthling
11-30-2016, 06:20 PM
Broncos -5 is probably a good bet but rooting for Denver is hard to do.

I think Pitt at home covers the 6 against NYG. Big Ben is such a beast at home. Should be a great game.

I like Chiefs plus the points. (for a small bet) The other games, toss a coin.

bsp4444
11-30-2016, 06:51 PM
I'm not lying when I say that I'd bet against the Chiefs. If we win, you're happier than a clam and can claim that your bad luck let you buy our victory. If we lose, you have a little cash consolation prize.

I follow this philosophy, as well.

JD10367
11-30-2016, 07:43 PM
The point spread is high, but...

RINGLEADER
11-30-2016, 11:37 PM
The point spread is high, but...

I see what you did...

Why Not?
11-30-2016, 11:47 PM
not a huge fan of the lines this week. A lot of these are just not that inviting. I like a bunch of overs this week. Including all 4 late afternoon games. I think this is a good week for teasers

Just tease the underdogs

Jags +11
Chiefs+9.5
Niners +7.5
And one favorite, Steelers pick em.

Gonna be in Vegas this weekend so I better come up with some good picks for myself.

TripleThreat
12-01-2016, 12:08 AM
not a huge fan of the lines this week. A lot of these are just not that inviting. I like a bunch of overs this week. Including all 4 late afternoon games. I think this is a good week for teasers

Just tease the underdogs

Jags +11
Chiefs+9.5
Niners +7.5

Gonna be in Vegas this weekend so I better come up with some good picks for myself.

I like this, thanks. Only thing with teasers though is all it takes is 1 game to mess it all up lol but the plus points u talk about make sense, just would hate to see 30 -21 game ruin it all

SAGA45
12-01-2016, 03:42 AM
Damn I might be missin out on some $$....my rankings were 12-4 in Week 12. Those wins include the Chiefs game. My data was also 10-4 in Week 13. Had the Lions ranked higher than the Vikes that week....probably the only metric that did so.

Why Not?
12-01-2016, 05:56 AM
I like this, thanks. Only thing with teasers though is all it takes is 1 game to mess it all up lol but the plus points u talk about make sense, just would hate to see 30 -21 game ruin it all

Oh yeah. That's the thing about parlays and teasers. They seem so tantalizingly easy. I remember the first time I went to Vegas at 23 and saw a parlay card. I thought, "6 to 1 payout and all I have to do is pick 3 games? Easy $". Hahahah. As the saying goes, gambling lessons don't come cheap. But it is really fun to hit a teaser or a parlay so I bet a couple every week(not major funds or anything). Then I single bet every game. So far I'm 15 games over .500 on singles. I am definitely not that on parlays or teasers. Lol

BlackHelicopters
12-01-2016, 09:30 AM
Even picking straight up winners every week yields little cash.

Nzoner
12-01-2016, 09:45 AM
Yeah but problem is which underdogs lol. They win sure but it ain't 50/50

I've always liked home dogs,that said I wouldn't touch that Jax game this weekend especially if Lynch ends up at QB for the donks as Simien is in a walking boot.

TripleThreat
12-01-2016, 12:27 PM
I threw down $100 on the Cowboys tonight... -3 1/2 Vikings head coach out from what im hearing.

jjchieffan
12-01-2016, 04:10 PM
I threw down $100 on the Cowboys tonight... -3 1/2 Vikings head coach out from what im hearing.

That should the lock of the week. Cowgirls should have this one all but over by halftime.

TripleThreat
12-01-2016, 04:28 PM
That should the lock of the week. Cowgirls should have this one all but over by halftime.

My exact thoughts. I want to throw more but Christmas is right around the corner

Why Not?
12-02-2016, 12:05 AM
Here is where teasers help you. I teased it at Vikings +10 under 50. Nice way to start my Vegas weekend

TripleThreat
12-02-2016, 12:43 AM
I was mad, but simply put, FUCK YOU DALLAS. Are you kidding me? Fumble inside the 10? Slide before you hit the 1st down? Fumble a crucial 3rd down snap?

FUCK YOU, i lost 200$.

TripleThreat
12-02-2016, 12:44 AM
Here is where teasers help you. I teased it at Vikings +10 under 50. Nice way to start my Vegas weekend

Im...... jealous............. what did u put down, mustve been a 2 team teaser?

Why Not?
12-02-2016, 01:44 AM
Im...... jealous............. what did u put down, mustve been a 2 team teaser?

Yeah 2 legger. $100 paid like $83 or so.

Kidd Lex
12-02-2016, 06:42 AM

Just tease the underdogs

Jags +11
Chiefs+9.5
Niners +7.5

This is 100% correct advice, and what I was saying a few posts up. I've had an awesome run on NFL this year using this same strategy. One caveat is when you hit the teaser, and the parlay would have won too. Payouts are so vastly different.