PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Len Dawson - Halftime at Superbowl I

Taco John
11-30-2016, 10:42 PM
Thought you guys would love this boss picture of good ole Lenny D.

http://i.imgur.com/G1RsfDA.jpg

EPodolak
11-30-2016, 10:43 PM
He put the Kool in cool.

cdcox
11-30-2016, 10:45 PM
We landed on the moon!

Baby Lee
11-30-2016, 10:46 PM
ThanQ.

Rasputin
11-30-2016, 10:47 PM
He really needs to lay off the ciQarettes they're going to kill him.

KS Smitty
11-30-2016, 10:48 PM
Does Len still smoke cigarettes? If not when did he quit?

Taco John
11-30-2016, 10:57 PM
He looks a lot like Jake Plummer to me in this pic.

I was too young to watch him play, but I always appreciated Len's presence on Inside the NFL on HBO.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NJZMCfSw2kE/R7UyjSO94qI/AAAAAAAAAEg/upvImBMiX3Y/s400/len+dawson.jpg

thabear04
11-30-2016, 11:09 PM
Thought you guys would love this boss picture of good ole Lenny D.

http://i.imgur.com/G1RsfDA.jpg

I wanted a shirt of like that but can't find anymore.

suzzer99
11-30-2016, 11:17 PM
I listened to the Chiefs broadcast Sunday night on Sirius (I didn't know they had the local broadcasts!). Was really bummed not to hear Lenny. That new guy is horrible.

Rasputin
11-30-2016, 11:52 PM
I listened to the Chiefs broadcast Sunday night on Sirius (I didn't know they had the local broadcasts!). Was really bummed not to hear Lenny. That new guy is horrible.

Lenny still does home games just not away games. So you can hear Lenny and Mitch do the Thursday night game against the Raiders.

Rasputin
12-01-2016, 12:02 AM
It's Kendal Gammon that does the away game color analysis and I don't think he is terrible just not that great. Hard to replace a legend like Lenny apparently harder than we thought on the field after 40 years so I expect it's going take a long time up in the booth too. I'm hoping eventually Trent Green can take a turn with Mitch.

Willie Lanier
12-01-2016, 12:02 AM
Yeah I rocked his jersey in the stands at the donkey game...

Legends shouldn't be forgotten

Willie Lanier
12-01-2016, 12:05 AM
Side note, the Denver fans were ridiculously nice, quite different than fans in Oakland

POND_OF_RED
12-01-2016, 01:21 AM
I wanted a shirt of like that but can't find anymore.

Not the same but close....https://www.etsy.com/listing/481048462/the-len-dawson-pregame-kansas-city?utm_campaign=shopping_us_OffbeatOutlet_sfc_osa&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_custom1=0&utm_content=13182235&gclid=CLGfrZe60tACFUpNfgodwHcPQQ

suzzer99
12-01-2016, 01:26 AM
Lenny still does home games just not away games. So you can hear Lenny and Mitch do the Thursday night game against the Raiders.

Well I'd have to go out and sit in my car. Or be out of sync with the TV - which is annoying.

suzzer99
12-01-2016, 01:27 AM
It's Kendal Gammon that does the away game color analysis and I don't think he is terrible just not that great. Hard to replace a legend like Lenny apparently harder than we thought on the field after 40 years so I expect it's going take a long time up in the booth too. I'm hoping eventually Trent Green can take a turn with Mitch.

When Smith went down instead of throw it away in the 3rd quarter in a 6 point game - Kendal speculated he was trying to burn time. Holthus was like lol no you idiot.

I'll give him some time - this is his first year right?

Simply Red
12-01-2016, 01:55 AM
Right on Taco.

kcfanXIII
12-01-2016, 02:11 AM
I was in Denver over Christmas last year, and every Bronco fan I met was pretty freaking cool... Changed my perception for sure. Of the fans, still hate their team, haha.

BossChief
12-01-2016, 08:32 AM
There's a wider shot of this same pic that shows either a beer or a soda on the floor in front of him, too.

It's a shame we currently have a pussy QB that probably drinks Yoo-hoo at halftime.

POND_OF_RED
12-01-2016, 08:52 AM
There's a wider shot of this same pic that shows either a beer or a soda on the floor in front of him, too.

It's a shame we currently have a pussy QB that probably drinks Yoo-hoo at halftime.

It's a Fresca.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/e5/68/59/e5685950591015ef66fe6dd39b3dc94c.jpg

Rasputin
12-01-2016, 08:56 AM
When Smith went down instead of throw it away in the 3rd quarter in a 6 point game - Kendal speculated he was trying to burn time. Holthus was like lol no you idiot.

Gammon is meh to listen too.

I'm not sure for how long but he started out just doing sideline reports some years back and this year got up in the booth with Mitch because of Lenny health not letting him travel for away games. I hope we aren't stuck with Gammon after Lenny retires but for now he is what we got.

I've always or usually like to listen to them on the radio and watch the game at home you get to hear the play and then watch it unfold on TV and to me better than listening to the tv guys sucking off the other teams players. This year I've had to go elsewhere to watch my games because I don't have cable and Cabletechguy for what ever reason keeps forgetting about me I'm beginning to think he's not going too :hmmm:

siberian khatru
12-01-2016, 08:57 AM
<div style="position: relative; height: 0; overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 66.428571428571%"><iframe style="position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%;" width="560" height="372" src="//popkey.co/m/7z14e-fresca-caddyshack/embed" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe></div>

Dayze
12-01-2016, 08:59 AM
call me crazy....but I would actually probably like Derrick Johnson as the color man after he retires from ball. I think with some small refinements / training on the broadcast side of things, he would be a great listen.

I don't know why I think that, I've just always enjoyed his interviews and he seems very intelligent. Plus, from a PR standpoint, he's the Chiefs all time leading tackler, and pretty much beloved by everyone in the city.

suzzer99
12-01-2016, 09:15 AM
<div style="position: relative; height: 0; overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 66.428571428571%"><iframe style="position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%;" width="560" height="372" src="//popkey.co/m/7z14e-fresca-caddyshack/embed" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe></div>

Lol first thing I thought too.

WhawhaWhat
12-01-2016, 09:15 AM

He's been doing sideline reporting for a few years but he's a terrible broadcaster. He constantly stumbles over his words and also, like above, says some of the dumbest things.

suzzer99
12-01-2016, 09:17 AM
call me crazy....but I would actually probably like Derrick Johnson as the color man after he retires from ball. I think with some small refinements / training on the broadcast side of things, he would be a great listen.

I don't know why I think that, I've just always enjoyed his interviews and he seems very intelligent. Plus, from a PR standpoint, he's the Chiefs all time leading tackler, and pretty much beloved by everyone in the city.

I guess Tony G makes too much to be lured away - trying to squeeze in 14 words a week on the 6-person CBS panel. Dude probably makes $20k per word.

Chief_For_Life58
12-01-2016, 09:18 AM

Yeah he is entertaining to listen to.

I thought Bill Maas would be good to get in there. He does the redzone and always seems to call it like we all see it. Honest and obviously knows the game as well as anyone

Stryker
12-01-2016, 09:21 AM
It's a Fresca.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/e5/68/59/e5685950591015ef66fe6dd39b3dc94c.jpg

I have this picture framed in my office with a throwback Chiefs helmet signed by him. Love that picture.

Rasputin
12-01-2016, 09:22 AM
Priest Holmes would do it for some nachos and cheese

NJChiefsFan
12-01-2016, 09:25 AM

I've mentioned this before but there is an interview from pre-draft with Derrick Johnson on ESPNEWS and I remember thinking, "this guy can't speak or form a sentence". Now I agree with you that I enjoy listening to him. I don't know what changed or if he was just nervous but I never forgot that interview, and that was before KC got him.

gblowfish
12-01-2016, 12:38 PM
I have this picture framed in my office with a throwback Chiefs helmet signed by him. Love that picture.

By far the coolest QB of all time in KC. Smoke em if you got em...