PDA

View Full Version : Football Rob Gronkowski to have back surgery

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2016, 12:37 PM
Tomorrow per Ian Rapoport. Can't embed. Big blow to NE.

#Patriots* TE Rob Gronkowski thought he would return quickly. Instead, out several weeks. Team has already used its IR/designated to return - @Rapsheet

gblowfish
12-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Now if we can just get Bernard Pollard and Tommy Boy on the same field at the same time....

O.city
12-01-2016, 12:40 PM
Ruh roh.

So Bart Scott brought this up recently, but does anyone else see the Pats moving on from Gronk? I mean, dude seems to be a walking mash unit lately.

OnTheWarpath15
12-01-2016, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I just saw a tweet that is reporting he's ruptured a disk in his back.

Simply Red
12-01-2016, 12:44 PM
Superbowl time!

O.city
12-01-2016, 12:45 PM
This is his 3rd disc surgery, right?

Hammock Parties
12-01-2016, 12:46 PM
Huge break for Denver, we might run da table now

Skyy God
12-01-2016, 12:47 PM
a) BB's trade for Marty B looks even better now

b) This may open up the race in the AFC quite a bit

jjchieffan
12-01-2016, 12:48 PM
That is a huge blow to the Pats. That offense is not the same without him. We have a real shot at homefield advantage. Just need to win this week and sweep the division.

Skyy God
12-01-2016, 12:48 PM
Causes of Eric Berry's PTSD:

1) Horses

1a) Gronk

rico
12-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Watch Tom Brady and Martellus Bennett start building something special.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2016, 12:50 PM
Brady's stats are going to plummet. Their defense is only decent... Which means Chiefs vs Raiders for the top seed.

Pats likely lose 3 of next 5

Damn the Jets for not winning last week!

LOCOChief
12-01-2016, 12:53 PM

How in the world will you do that, you still have to come to Arrowhead.

MTG#10
12-01-2016, 12:53 PM

ROFL

tk13
12-01-2016, 12:55 PM
This is the Patriots. They'll still be competitive every week. They went 3-1 without Brady. It certainly cracks open a window for the AFC though.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2016, 12:55 PM
Expected to be 8 weeks.

jjchieffan
12-01-2016, 12:56 PM

ROFL. That's not gonna happen. Your fraud of a team just got beaten at home on tw0 weeks prep time by an injury depleted Chiefs team and now you think they can beat them at Arrowhead with a likely healthier squad on Christmas? And it's going to take more than losing Gronk for the Donks to beat BB. Heck, I wouldn't guarantee Dungver a win against any of the remaining teams on their schedule. Face it, unless the league intervenes for them(again), the Donks won't be playing in the postseason this year.

BWillie
So your sayin we have a chance

Rasputin
This is something that is going make a difference for years to come for him. He won't ever be the same I don't think and if he takes a good hit again could be the end of him.

Once you have back surgery you are subject to have back surgery again later in you life. I've had it and thankful for it but I know if I'm not careful I could end up having it again and I don't want go through that pain ever again before hand.

Sucks to be him hope he recovers after the playoffs and Chiefs knock off the Patriots.

Frosty
Ruh roh.

So Bart Scott brought this up recently, but does anyone else see the Pats moving on from Gronk? I mean, dude seems to be a walking mash unit lately.

Lately? That's been the knock on him since college. He's made of glass.

Hammock Parties

We can outgain you 2 to 1 there, too...just need to quit giving up BS points

can the chiefs really be that lucky twice?

O.city
12-01-2016, 12:57 PM
This is his 3rd disc surgery. Holy hell

Titty Meat
12-01-2016, 12:58 PM
He slid in the draft because of back issues. Figured he'd be put for awhile when I heard he injured his back. Same with Poe unfortunately.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Good, they come to Denver in a few weeks.

ptlyon
12-01-2016, 01:00 PM
This will not hamper the NFL and officiating slob festival of Brady and the patriots

KCUnited
12-01-2016, 01:00 PM
All that molly.

Red Dawg
12-01-2016, 01:01 PM
Big loss for them. Bradys knees are hurting as well. The end is near for the evil empire.

RunKC
12-01-2016, 01:03 PM
This is huge news. There's no way Gronk will come back 100% from that and he might not even play seeing as it's an 8 week window.

This is the opportunity for Oakland or Kansas City to go to the SB. Just get healthy and we are clearly the best team.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2016, 01:03 PM
Big loss for them. Bradys knees are hurting as well. The end is near for the evil empire.

When does BlackOp start talking about how the league wants a Raiders/Cowboys Superbowl?

Rooster
12-01-2016, 01:04 PM
This is the Patriots. They'll still be competitive every week. They went 3-1 without Brady. It certainly cracks open a window for the AFC though.

No Brady and no Gronk and they were 3-1 if I remember correctly. Gronk maybe for one of the first four games.

Chiefspants
12-01-2016, 01:04 PM
This is why Poe'a injury should loom over his potential contract. Herniated discs never go away, can collapse a whole column in the spine, and often lead to a much early retirement.

Amnorix
12-01-2016, 01:07 PM
So he's due back in 8 weeks. 7 weeks from this Sunday is the AFCCG. 9 weeks from Sunday is the SB.

Losing Gronk has screwed us every year since '11. He was crippled in the '11 SB, which we lost by the skin of our teeth, hurt in '12 and '13, healthy in '14 (SB win), managed late due to leg injury in '15, which cost the team HFA and the SB, and now will be out for the stretch run in '16, which could easily cost HFA again.

He's awesome -- easily the best TE I've ever seen -- but his injury history makes him unreliable as hell. Brutal.

Pats do have more talent at the skill positions this year than in prior years, however, so maybe they can hold on until he comes back. AND HOPEFULLY HE ISN'T A SHELL OF HIMSELF WHEN HE DOES (see 2011 and other years).

So fucking frustrating.

Amnorix
12-01-2016, 01:08 PM
Meanwhile,Pats trade of a promising TE to the Broncos for a 5th is looking like a pretty big mistake now.

Titty Meat
12-01-2016, 01:12 PM
Meanwhile,Pats trade of a promising TE to the Broncos for a 5th is looking like a pretty big mistake now.

You guys still have the best coach and QB ever. Bennett isn't that bad either.

O.city
12-01-2016, 01:13 PM
He's no Tony g

ptlyon
12-01-2016, 01:20 PM
He's no Tony g

Where Tony G had planned his trophy case in his house resides a grandfather clock.

jjchieffan
This is huge news. There's no way Gronk will come back 100% from that and he might not even play seeing as it's an 8 week window.

This is the opportunity for Oakland or Kansas City to go to the SB. Just get healthy and we are clearly the best team.

Bite your tongue. I don't even want to think about a Faiders Superbowl!! The Chiefs will win the division and HFA!

Amnorix
He's no Tony g

You're right -- Gronk is an awesome blocker.

Look, Tony G was a great goddamn tight end. But Gronk is without question the best TE in NFL history, putting aside longevity. He's fucking ridiculous. He's the Babe Ruth of TEs. Most touchdowns by a TE in a season, most yards. Only TE in NFL history to have 3 years with 10+ TDs and 1,000+ yards. The list is kinda ridiculous.

But yeah, health. Tony G was pretty damn healthy for many, many years, and Gronk just can't say the same.

Titty Meat
12-01-2016, 01:22 PM

Look, Tony G was a great goddamn tight end. But Gronk is without question the best TE in NFL history, putting aside longevity. He's ****ing ridiculous. He's the Babe Ruth of TEs. Most touchdowns by a TE in a season, most yards. Only TE in NFL history to have 3 years with 10+ TDs and 1,000+ yards. The list is kinda ridiculous.

But yeah, health. Tony G was pretty damn healthy for many, many years, and Gronk just can't say the same.

If Tony G played with Brady and Gronk with Crowley this would be a different convo.

Quesadilla Joe
12-01-2016, 01:25 PM

You're right. The refs seems to want the Chiefs to win this year.

ptlyon
12-01-2016, 01:26 PM

ROFL

Amnorix
12-01-2016, 01:30 PM
If Tony G played with Brady and Gronk with Crowley this would be a different convo.

That may be, as to reception stats. Don't think Brady helps TEs block, however.

Won't matter. Gronk is 27 but this is his third back surgery. Doubt he plays to 30 to be honest...

jjchieffan
12-01-2016, 01:32 PM

SMH. The guy whose team got gifted a Superface and many other wins along the way is crying because the ref's reviewed the Tying Hill TD and made the right call? You Donk fans are so pathetic.

ptlyon
12-01-2016, 01:40 PM
SMH. The guy whose team got gifted a Superface and many other wins along the way is crying because the ref's reviewed the Tying Hill TD and made the right call? You Donk fans are so pathetic.

Ohh ohhh pick me!

Yes, and yes.

O.city
12-01-2016, 01:49 PM

Look, Tony G was a great goddamn tight end. But Gronk is without question the best TE in NFL history, putting aside longevity. He's ****ing ridiculous. He's the Babe Ruth of TEs. Most touchdowns by a TE in a season, most yards. Only TE in NFL history to have 3 years with 10+ TDs and 1,000+ yards. The list is kinda ridiculous.

Not being I jury prone is a pretty big skill. He's been awesome, but not near long enough.

Amnorix
12-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Not being I jury prone is a pretty big skill. He's been awesome, but not near long enough.

Definitely agreed. If you gave me any guy, peak form, to win one game, I'll take Gronk.

Right now though if it's a guy's career, it's Tony G. Gronk just isn't reliable enough.

Rooster
12-01-2016, 01:58 PM

That is the first time in the history of mankind that those words have ever been placed together. ROFL

rabblerouser

Poor, deluded Doinks fan doesn't realize that his team won't even make the playoffs now...

POND_OF_RED

The two are equal, the thing that gives Tony the edge was his dedication to being the best. Tony never made news being a belligerent idiot in the offseason because he was busy training and staying in shape. He earned the title of the best TE in history. It's so funny every few years some up and coming TE is supposed to be the greatest thing ever (Gates. Gronk...) but the fact is there will never be another TE like TG. He revolutionized the position.

rabblerouser
12-01-2016, 01:59 PM
That is the first time in the history of mankind that those words have ever been placed together. ROFL

Don't worry; when we get to Pitt or NE in the playoffs, everything will be like it always was...

Same as it ever was...

Same as it ever was.

Amnorix
12-01-2016, 02:22 PM
The two are equal, the thing that gives Tony the edge was his dedication to being the best. Tony never made news being a belligerent idiot in the offseason because he was busy training and staying in shape. He earned the title of the best TE in history. It's so funny every few years some up and coming TE is supposed to be the greatest thing ever (Gates. Gronk...) but the fact is there will never be another TE like TG. He revolutionized the position.

You honestly have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Gronk. While a bit of a fruitcake and such, everyone in teh Patriots organization has done nothing but commend his work ethic, football intelligence, etc. Trust me when I say that while I'm sure Tony G was a workout warrior, nobody really out-workouts Gronk. Edelman has mentioned how they will be watching TV, chilling some night, and Gronk just looks at him and says "let's do 50 pushups" out of absolutely nowhere.

He'd be perfect if he could just say healthy. Of course, he seemingly can't, and that is what it is.

POND_OF_RED
12-01-2016, 02:22 PM
That may be, as to reception stats. Don't think Brady helps TEs block, however.

Won't matter. Gronk is 27 but this is his third back surgery. Doubt he plays to 30 to be honest...

Did you ever get a chance to watch Tony play? Guy was one of the best pass blocking TE's in the NFL. His final season in the NFL he had a 98% pass blocking efficiency. I'm curious where this idiotic statement is coming from

POND_OF_RED
12-01-2016, 02:25 PM
You honestly have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Gronk. While a bit of a fruitcake and such, everyone in teh Patriots organization has done nothing but commend his work ethic, football intelligence, etc. Trust me when I say that while I'm sure Tony G was a workout warrior, nobody really out-workouts Gronk. Edelman has mentioned how they will be watching TV, chilling some night, and Gronk just looks at him and says "let's do 50 pushups" out of absolutely nowhere.

He'd be perfect if he could just say healthy. Of course, he seemingly can't, and that is what it is.

http://www.sportspickle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Gronk1.jpg
Find me a picture of Tony douching out like this and we can continue your idiotic argument

Frosty
12-01-2016, 02:26 PM
I'm curious where this idiotic statement is coming from

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/02/Homer_Simpson_2006.png

Titty Meat
12-01-2016, 02:29 PM
http://www.sportspickle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Gronk1.jpg
Find me a picture of Tony douching out like this and we can continue your idiotic argument

Tony loved to party at Blonde.

Amnorix
12-01-2016, 02:31 PM
Did you ever get a chance to watch Tony play? Guy was one of the best pass blocking TE's in the NFL. His final season in the NFL he had a 98% pass blocking efficiency. I'm curious where this idiotic statement is coming from

Was he, at 245 pounds, often given DEs to block 1:1? Gronk's 265 puts him in a different league.

I'm going to stop bothering now, because (1) obviously we'll need to agree to disagree, and (2) arguing against TonyG on a Chiefs board isn't worthwhile, especially when I've already said he was fucking awesome.

Meanwhile, you may remember who was on the cover of Madden, so...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyngTdKXUAAB3DA.jpg

Chief Pagan
12-01-2016, 02:32 PM

Just in time for my fantasy football playoffs. Sweeeeet!

:D

POND_OF_RED
12-01-2016, 02:35 PM
Was he, at 245 pounds, often given DEs to block 1:1? Gronk's 265 puts him in a different league.
[/img]

Yes, he was. Wish you would have actually got a chance to watch him play at some point. It was amazing to watch.

Bewbies
12-01-2016, 02:39 PM
And look at who he had to throw the ball to him. In an era where mostly they let the defense play as well.

Put Tony G on the Pats with Tom Brady in today's league and good God...

Red Dawg
12-01-2016, 02:44 PM
You honestly have no idea what you're talking abouin the off season when it comes to Gronk. While a bit of a fruitcake and such, everyone in teh Patriots organization has done nothing but commend his work ethic, football intelligence, etc. Trust me when I say that while I'm sure Tony G was a workout warrior, nobody really out-workouts Gronk. Edelman has mentioned how they will be watching TV, chilling some night, and Gronk just looks at him and says "let's do 50 pushups" out of absolutely nowhere.

I dont recall any story of Gronks workout habits. All anyone sees of him in the off season is goofing off.

POND_OF_RED
12-01-2016, 02:46 PM
I dont recall any story of Gronks workout habits. All anyone sees of him in the off season is goofing off.

What's funny is even his workout story makes him sound like a douchebag.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2016, 02:49 PM
If Gronk wasn't the meathead that he is, I would think retirement would be in the realm of possibilities...

I don't expect it, but these back issues are unlike many you ever hear of. 3 times? At what point does your future state of health come into play?

There's no way he comes back this year at least. Not if he's got a brain at all.

ptlyon
12-01-2016, 02:49 PM
What's funny is even his workout story makes him sound like a douchebag.

Does he T bag someone on the plate bench or something?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2016, 02:59 PM

Gronk healthy is the best tight end in history.
You look at Brady's QB rating it drops more than 15 points when Gronk isn't on the field

ptlyon
12-01-2016, 03:00 PM
You look at Brady's QB rating it drops more than 15 points when Gronk isn't on the field

Good.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2016, 03:01 PM
Good.

Huzzah!!! :)

Rain Man
12-01-2016, 03:02 PM

I do the same thing when my wife and I are watching TV. Do Gronkowski and Edelman actually do the pushups, though? That may be where we diverge.

philfree
12-01-2016, 03:03 PM

And that's supposed to illustrate work ethic? That's laughable. Got a buzz on "let's do fify pushups" Woowhooooo!

Red Dawg
12-01-2016, 03:11 PM
Gronk is a bad ass for certain and if keeps playing he will go down perhaps as the best ever but Gonzo played with horrible QBs and faced constant double teams. His stats are untouchable even for Gronk at this point and no way in hell he last 15 years and without Brady I doubt he keeps going up.

ThaVirus
12-01-2016, 03:16 PM
Gronk healthy is the best tight end in history.

Are we ignoring the fact that Brady had established himself as an elite QB long before they drafted Gronk?

RunKC
12-01-2016, 03:16 PM
Gronk in 15 years will need to be wheelchaired up the stairs. He's fucked

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Are we ignoring the fact that Brady had established himself as an elite QB long before they drafted Gronk?

Facts be facts, Brady without Moss or Gronk is a great QB but does not play to an elite level as seen by his production and win/loss record. ESPN even highlighted this and they are the biggest Pats homers

ThaVirus
12-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Facts be facts, Brady without Moss or Gronk is a great QB but does not play to an elite level as seen by his production and win/loss record. ESPN even highlighted this and they are the biggest Pats homers

LMAO OK. Show me Brady's win/loss record without Gronk and Moss.

Include Super Bowls too, you fucking dumbass.

suzzer99
12-01-2016, 03:25 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/512THsqMrAL.jpg

Rain Man
12-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Stats through their first seven seasons:

Gronkowski - 617 rec, 6,095 yards, 68 TDs, 9.9 ypc, 4 pro bowls (figures may rise a little if he comes back this year)
Gonzalez - 468 rec, 5,652 yards, 47 TDs, 12.1 ypc, 5 pro bowls

To match Gonzalez, Gronkowski need to play 10 more years and get another 708 catches for 9,032 yards, 43 TDs and 10 pro bowls.

Best season based on number of receptions:

Gronkowski - 90 rec, 1,327 yards, 17 TDs, 14.7 ypc
Gonzalez - 102 rec, 1,258 yards, 7 TDs, 12.3 ypc

carcosa
12-01-2016, 03:28 PM
Superbowl time!

SBT for KC!!!

ptlyon
12-01-2016, 03:33 PM
SBT4KC!!!

FYP

carcosa
12-01-2016, 03:36 PM
FYP

ty, ysn

ptlyon
12-01-2016, 03:40 PM
ty, ysn

BM

suzzer99
12-01-2016, 03:43 PM
Stats through their first seven seasons:

Gronkowski - 617 rec, 6,095 yards, 68 TDs, 9.9 ypc, 4 pro bowls (figures may rise a little if he comes back this year)
Gonzalez - 468 rec, 5,652 yards, 47 TDs, 12.1 ypc, 5 pro bowls

To match Gonzalez, Gronkowski need to play 10 more years and get another 708 catches for 9,032 yards, 43 TDs and 10 pro bowls.

Best season based on number of receptions:

Gronkowski - 90 rec, 1,327 yards, 17 TDs, 14.7 ypc
Gonzalez - 102 rec, 1,258 yards, 7 TDs, 12.3 ypc

Some idiot talking head was speculating if Gronk was the greatest TE of all time.

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Ari-Gold-Get-The-Fuck-Out.gif

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2016, 03:46 PM
LMAO OK. Show me Brady's win/loss record without Gronk and Moss.

Include Super Bowls too, you ****ing dumbass.

Or you could be useful and do it yourself Mr Cam Newton is hall of fame and Weddle sucks, guy

Go back to your Dwayne bowe fan club meetings

ThaVirus
12-01-2016, 03:47 PM
Or you could be useful and do it yourself Mr Cam Newton is hall of fame and Weddle sucks, guy

Go back to your Dwayne bowe fan club meetings

Never said any of that but I accept your tapout.

Red Dawg
12-01-2016, 03:56 PM
Well Gronk is not going to play another ten years. His stats will fall off when Tom is gone. That day is coming soon.

SAGA45
12-01-2016, 03:56 PM
Madden Curse is back at it...

http://cdn.segmentnext.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Madden-NFL-17-Gameplay.jpg

Marcellus
12-01-2016, 04:02 PM
Stick a fork in him.

Rooster
12-01-2016, 04:11 PM
When does Hernandez make parole?

Easy 6
12-01-2016, 05:24 PM

Bennett is definitely solid, but he is no Gronk... this is awesome news, provided we get that far

Pasta Little Brioni
12-01-2016, 05:28 PM
Won't have the longevity to catch Tony...sorry you homer Pat trash

NJChiefsFan
12-01-2016, 06:02 PM
Pats do have more talent at the skill positions this year than in prior years, however, so maybe they can hold on until he comes back. AND HOPEFULLY HE ISN'T A SHELL OF HIMSELF WHEN HE DOES (see 2011 and other years).

So ****ing frustrating.

You are preaching to the choir with how frustrating injuries are.

I personally don't enjoy seeing injuries for any team.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2016, 07:46 PM
LOL at the silly two bronco trolls on here touting their team running the table.

Easy 6
12-01-2016, 07:58 PM
You are preaching to the choir with how frustrating injuries are.

I personally don't enjoy seeing injuries for any team.

No one cries for the Chiefs injuries but us, I've long been over feeling bad about other teams misfortunes

If they're any good, they have a capable backup... if not, screw' em

Tombstone RJ
12-01-2016, 08:31 PM
Bennett will pick up the slack. Offense is not something Patriots fans have to worry about.

Buehler445
12-01-2016, 08:33 PM
Ruh roh.

No way in fucking hell is Bellicheat going to give him the money someone else will.

Amno - You are VASTLY underrating Gonzos blocking ability.

Gronk is really fucking good. But Gonzo put up THOSE stats on largely shit ass horribad teams. Particularly passing the ball. Go back and watch Priest Holmes highlights. Dude could lock a guy up. Go back and look at TG snaps and how many run plays we ran back then. Gonzo didn't come out so he had to run block, and he was good at it, and if he stayed in on a pass play, he'd lock a guy down.

Gates doesn't block for fuck. Neither did Dallas Clark. Gonzo was a far better blocker than Witten. All of those guys played with far better QBs than Gonzo did. And the best wideout he played with? Eddie fucking Kennison. Maybe Dwayne Bowe for the one year (with goddamned motherfucking Casshole at QB). Hell the only injury he suffered was when Hutard shut his eyes and chucked a duck to the middle of the field and hung him out to dry.

Gonzo was the best I've seen. He wasn't the specimen Gronk is, but IMO he was the better end.

Buehler445
12-01-2016, 08:38 PM
Losing Gronk has screwed us every year since '11. He was crippled in the '11 SB, which we lost by the skin of our teeth, hurt in '12 and '13, healthy in '14 (SB win), managed late due to leg injury in '15, which cost the team HFA and the SB, and now will be out for the stretch run in '16, which could easily cost HFA again.

So fucking frustrating.

On this point I'm on board with you. You fucked.

Bomani Jones was on the radio and said Brady's TD:INT ratio was (Don't quote me on the numbers, but I think they're right) 5.1 with Gronk. 2.6 without Gronk.

YIKES.

Titty Meat
12-01-2016, 08:39 PM
I'd love Gronk paired with Kelce. We desperately need another tight end.

Buehler445
12-01-2016, 08:41 PM
Madden Curse is back at it...

http://cdn.segmentnext.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Madden-NFL-17-Gameplay.jpg

I had no idea he was on the cover. At this point they need to run a mascot or coach or something.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2016, 09:04 PM
On this point I'm on board with you. You ****ed.

Bomani Jones was on the radio and said Brady's TD:INT ratio was (Don't quote me on the numbers, but I think they're right) 5.1 with Gronk. 2.6 without Gronk.

YIKES.

ThaVirus will argue that stats aren't real. Facts have no place on CP

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2016, 09:06 PM

ROFL

Put down the drugs. I mean, if given the opportunity i would love to have Rodgers as my QB and bring in Rivers as my closer if he gets tired...

threebag
12-01-2016, 09:06 PM
Little bit of CHIEFS love from the crew on TNF.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2016, 09:59 PM
https://s11.postimg.org/b8a559pjn/Brady_Gronkless.png

RunKC
12-01-2016, 10:16 PM
The New England Patriots' statement on Rob Gronkowski: "We don't expect that he will be able to play for the remainder of the 2016 season."

STORY: http://ble.ac/2fM9ujb

He's done for the year

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2016, 10:39 PM

https://s11.postimg.org/j3mf7s6ir/Tom_Brady_no_Gronk.png

Lets see you refute this one ThaVirusDumbass

NJChiefsFan
12-01-2016, 11:19 PM

Who wouldn't?

GloryDayz
12-01-2016, 11:24 PM
http://www.thehistoryblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Richard-III-spine.gif

GloryDayz
12-01-2016, 11:25 PM

Does Gronk have a towel he can throw?

Chiefspants
12-02-2016, 12:09 AM

Lets see you refute this one ThaVirusDumbass

Brady certainly isn't the same with Gronk, but I don't know if this comparison is entirely fair.

The Pats offense from 2010-2016 was designed to have a healthy Gronk. Without Gronk, it impairs the function of the entire offense. A fairer comparison would be comparing Brady's numbers from 2001-2009 to his numbers without Gronk today.

I'll break it down using an appropriate muscle car analogy for all true Chiefs fans.

From 2001-2009, the Patriots offense was a lot like a modern SE 6 cylinder Challenger. It's obviously not going to compete with the best 8 cylinder muscle cars off the line, but the SE still looks gorgeous, is surprisingly fuel efficient, and with a diablo fuel injector - can go from 0-60 in in under 7 seconds - i.e. it has enough power to get the job done against 95% of the vehicles on the road.

Since 2010, the Patriots with Gronkowski have been an ZL-1 69 Camaro with a Holley 750 Double Pumper carburetor that can scorch nearly anything in its path. It has no need for fuel efficiency, it doesn't apologize for what it is. It's loud, badass, and going to roast a modern plain jane SE Challenger off the line.

Without Gronk the Patriots are like this same 69 Camaro, but with an old Rochester Quadrajunk instead of the carburetor it deserves. If the car were at 100%, it would still be the unquestioned All-American badass that activates the saliva glands of all true mulleted Chiefs fans, but without Gronk, it's going to be sluggish off the line, have inconsistent performance, and at times, even be outpaced and outperformed by the plain jane 2010 Challenger, with or without the fuel injector.

If you can't speak Kansas Citian, it can be summed up like this; It's not fair to say Brady is below a league average quarterback when he has an incomplete team assembled around him. It's a better practice to look at his stats before Gronk at all. Though it may not be flashy, the SE with a diablo fuel injector is going to be more reliable than the ZL-1 with an aging quadrajunk.

ThaVirus
12-02-2016, 12:47 AM

I have to say it's hilarious to see you jump on and off the stats matter bandwagon when it's convenient for you.

I can do that too, though.

2012: 5 games without Gronk. Brady lead the Pats to a 4-1 record.

2013: 9 games without Gronk. Brady led the Pats to a 7-2 record.

ThaVirus
12-02-2016, 12:52 AM
Brady certainly isn't the same with Gronk, but I don't know if this comparison is entirely fair.

I'm no Brady apologist but it really isn't at all.

He's been their only pass catching threat for about 90% of his tenure there. If you take away a legitimate HOF-level talent while all that remains is a bunch of no-name shitstains of course the QB's numbers will dip.

BucEyedPea
12-02-2016, 01:20 AM
Now if we can just get Bernard Pollard and Tommy Boy on the same field at the same time....

That is evil to wish injury on another.

saphojunkie
12-02-2016, 01:29 PM
Grimm was 100% the difference in the playoff game. This is a huge swing for us if we go to Foxboro for the playoffs.

Amnorix
12-02-2016, 01:58 PM
One note on all these stats. I really don't think there is much doubt that Bennett/Edelman/Hogan/Mitchell/Amendola with Blount/Lewis/White in teh backfield is a far superior cast of skill position players than any non-Gronk cast the Pats have had since 2010.

All that said, in losing Gronk the Pats went from odds-on favorite by far (partially due to weaker schedule) to be AFC #1 seed, to being right in the middle of the scrum with the Raiders, Chiefs, etc.

ModSocks
12-02-2016, 02:03 PM
That is evil to wish injury on another.

Purposely spreading misinformation and lies in order to deceive and push a false narrative is evil too.

You're the most evil person on this forum.

NJChiefsFan
12-02-2016, 02:16 PM
I have to say it's hilarious to see you jump on and off the stats matter bandwagon when it's convenient for you.

You are arguing with a man who will never under any circumstances admit being wrong. It seems to be how he defines himself and you aren't changing somebody's mind who needs to be right on a message board to build his self esteem. Save yourself frustration and ignore him.

As people have said, he uses stats when he needs them and says they don't matter when he doesn't want them. He will change the subject, block people, call names, or whatever he thinks is the appropriate smoke and mirrors tactic in that moment. He is a cancer just like the extreme haters can be.

Dumb people exist. They never bother me as much as people that deliberately ignore points because they aren't mature enough to see another side of an argument.

ThaVirus
12-02-2016, 02:21 PM
You are arguing with a man who will never under any circumstances admit being wrong. It seems to be how he defines himself and you aren't changing somebody's mind who needs to be right on a message board to build his self esteem. Save yourself frustration and ignore him.

As people have said, he uses stats when he needs them and says they don't matter when he doesn't want them. He will change the subject, block people, call names, or whatever he thinks is the appropriate smoke and mirrors tactic in that moment. He is a cancer just like the extreme haters can be.

Dumb people exist. They never bother me as much as people that deliberately ignore points because they aren't mature enough to see another side of an argument.

You're 100% right, but sometimes I just have to say something.

I'm not truly bothered by him.

NJChiefsFan
12-02-2016, 02:25 PM
You're 100% right, but sometimes I just have to say something.

I'm not truly bothered by him.

Then carry on.

ThaVirus
12-02-2016, 02:29 PM
Then carry on.

You know how someone says some shit and they keep saying the shit and eventually people just kinda take it as fact? Kinda like how InMem and oaklandhater have essentially picked up where Clay left off.

Can't let that shit happen with BlackBob lol I'm fighting the good fight.

NJChiefsFan
12-02-2016, 02:39 PM
You know how someone says some shit and they keep saying the shit and eventually people just kinda take it as fact? Kinda like how InMem and oaklandhater have essentially picked up where Clay left off.

Godspeed.

Personally I think inmen has good qualities. Just seems to be determined to play a role instead of himself. Maybe thinks he has already made his bed. Oaklandhater has just gone a little too nutty as of late. I don't think he necessarily is trying to be clay.

ThaVirus
12-02-2016, 02:42 PM
Godspeed.

Personally I think inmen has good qualities. Just seems to be determined to play a role instead of himself. Maybe thinks he has already made his bed. Oaklandhater has just gone a little too nutty as of late. I don't think he necessarily is trying to be clay.

Maybe not. InMem definitely posted some stats the other day that were ripped from Clay's Twitter.

Oaklandhater came out of nowhere. I don't remember reading anything from the guy even a handful of months ago. Now he's all over everywhere. I got the impression he was one of Clay's acolytes.

NJChiefsFan
12-02-2016, 02:52 PM
Maybe not. InMem definitely posted some stats the other day that were ripped from Clay's Twitter.

Oaklandhater came out of nowhere. I don't remember reading anything from the guy even a handful of months ago. Now he's all over everywhere. I got the impression he was one of Clay's acolytes.

Oh absolutely inmen pisses me off being his parrot. Even if he is saying something I agree with it's still ridiculous imo. Then he turns around and has a genuine thread about visiting arrowhead or gives away stuff.

ThaVirus
12-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Oh absolutely inmen pisses me off being his parrot. Even if he is saying something I agree with it's still ridiculous imo. Then he turns around and has a genuine thread about visiting arrowhead or gives away stuff.

I like InMem. I remember once a while back he was placed on the miserable user list for, what seemed like, months. So one day there's some random thread around the holidays and an InMem post comes through saying "something something happy holidays, guys" (or something to that effect). Who knows how long it took him to send that one post through LOL and most times when a user gets fucked with they spend all of their future efforts spamming the board and trying to get back at the mods.

Anyway, he seems like a good guy. I actually advocated for him to be un-miserable usered from that point forward.

saphojunkie
12-02-2016, 04:52 PM
I like InMem. I remember once a while back he was placed on the miserable user list for, what seemed like, months. So one day there's some random thread around the holidays and an InMem post comes through saying "something something happy holidays, guys" (or something to that effect). Who knows how long it took him to send that one post through LOL and most times when a user gets fucked with they spend all of their future efforts spamming the board and trying to get back at the mods.

Anyway, he seems like a good guy. I actually advocated for him to be un-miserable usered from that point forward.

No

ThaVirus
12-02-2016, 04:55 PM
No

LMAO

Yes!

Come on, bro. Where's your holiday cheer???

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-02-2016, 05:35 PM

Facts, not fiction.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-02-2016, 05:36 PM

So trends and the W-L column doesn't matter?

Oh right, still butthurt from last week's thread where you came forward and said this team was doomed. How do you feel about that now???

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-02-2016, 05:40 PM

ThavirusDumbass

Where facts don't exist, and his "football knowledge" is precise. How many threads do I have to dig up where you have been clueless about our players? Should we start with Berry? Last year's draft? Our QB? How you gave up on this team when they were 1-5? How you incessantly *****ed when we were 2-2?

Better get some bandaids for those hands of yours cause climbing on/off the bandwagon is going to hurt at some point

BlackHelicopters
12-02-2016, 05:46 PM
Mods. Please.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-02-2016, 06:00 PM
Mods. Please.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/search.php?searchid=1207371&pp=25

Do you do more than just litter CP with your two word responses? At least 3/4 of your posts have 3 or less words.

Did you have a stroke or something?

SAUTO
12-02-2016, 06:07 PM

Dumb people exist. They never bother me as much as people that deliberately ignore points because they aren't mature enough to see another side of an argument. You are spot on about him.

I would just point out any factual inaccuracy in his posts that I saw. When he couldn't get around it with numbers he "ignored" me.

ThaVirus
12-02-2016, 06:43 PM

Facts, not fiction.

A full season's worth of stats from Brady without Gronk would be a career year for your boy Alex.

Interesting..

It doesn't matter which side of the fence you land on. Either way you lose.

ThaVirus
12-02-2016, 06:46 PM
ThavirusDumbass

Where facts don't exist, and his "football knowledge" is precise. How many threads do I have to dig up where you have been clueless about our players? Should we start with Berry? Last year's draft? Our QB? How you gave up on this team when they were 1-5? How you incessantly *****ed when we were 2-2?

Better get some bandaids for those hands of yours cause climbing on/off the bandwagon is going to hurt at some point

1) How was I wrong about Berry?

2) I don't watch college football so you've read exactly jack and shit from me about last year's draft.

3) Haven't been wrong about our QB yet.

Chief Northman
12-02-2016, 08:03 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/search.php?searchid=1207371&pp=25

Do you do more than just litter CP with your two word responses? At least 3/4 of your posts have 3 or less words.

Did you have a stroke or something?

Jesus you trigger easily....

Snica
12-02-2016, 08:35 PM
Jesus you trigger easily....

Little Billy badass banking on Brady to bolster his bravado.

saphojunkie
12-02-2016, 09:19 PM
LMAO

Yes!

Come on, bro. Where's your holiday cheer???

Humbug.

saphojunkie
12-02-2016, 09:21 PM

Facts, not fiction.

I'd shit myself in joy if Alex smith had those non-gronk Brady numbers.

ThaVirus
12-02-2016, 09:30 PM

FACT, not fiction.

-King-
12-03-2016, 07:48 AM
Whoa... You guys would take one of the 2 or 3 best QBs in NFL history over Alex Smith? Brave men.
Posted via Mobile Device

NWTF
12-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Definitely a big blow for them, but if any team can overcome a setback like this its them.
AFC road to SB NOT running thru Foxboro is everyones best chance.

Eleazar
12-03-2016, 10:59 AM
Brady in Foxboro with no Gronk would still shred us...

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-03-2016, 12:02 PM

FACT, not fiction.

Are you guys high? Smith's stats over that same time frame have been better if you are comparing numbers without Gronk. Smith's QB rating 94; Completion % 65, TD/INT ratio of 3:1 (Better than 2.3:1)

This isn't a post to say Smith is better than Brady, it's to show that you two don't know what the hell you are talking about in terms of those player's performances

Time to move those goal posts?

ThaVirus
12-03-2016, 12:26 PM
Time to move those goal posts?

LMAO

Stats don't matter. All he does is win!

Hey look at these stats that say Alex Smith is better than Tom Brady! /

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-03-2016, 12:40 PM
LMAO

You can't stay on topic worth a shit

RunKC
12-03-2016, 12:51 PM
LMAO

Got heeeeeeemmmm!

SAUTO
12-03-2016, 12:53 PM
You can't stay on topic worth a shit

It's hard when you keep changing it.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-03-2016, 01:04 PM
Sauto, is there a reason why you follow me around CP despite knowing you have you been on ignore for 2 months? Anything that gets re posted from you still looks like shit

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-03-2016, 01:08 PM
ThaVirus, same dumbass who hyped up Daniels, then Murray...

ThaVirus
12-03-2016, 01:21 PM
ThaVirus, same dumbass who hyped up Daniels, then Murray...

LMAO

This never happened.

You are so fucking weird.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-03-2016, 01:34 PM
LMAO

This never happened.

You are so ****ing weird.

So re-explain your position when we were 1-5 in 2015? You are such a flip flopping loser

SAUTO
12-03-2016, 01:37 PM
Sauto, is there a reason why you follow me around CP despite knowing you have you been on ignore for 2 months? Anything that gets re posted from you still looks like shit

What did you having me on ignore have yo do with what I post? You are still reading them. You are still wrong and it's fun to point and laugh at the loud mouth dipshit who is always wrong