PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jaye Howard placed on IR

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2016, 03:59 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs placed DE Jaye Howard on IR, per source.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/804444207532437504">December 1, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Kansas City Chiefs placed the following player on Reserve/Injured:<br> <br>Jaye Howard - DL - Florida <a href="https://t.co/Jjbxgwvpxp">pic.twitter.com/Jjbxgwvpxp</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/804445273623764992">December 1, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Well, this sucks....

Not terribly surprised. Seemed to be lingering for quite awhile. Must be a flexor tear.

Direckshun
12-01-2016, 04:03 PM
Thank god RNR is balling out like a motherfucker.

Reyes and Jenkins have been solid as well.

Chiefs are tanking all kinds of injuries this year, and we should actually be better in Week 17 than we were when we were virtually fully healthy in Week 1.

Soon as we get Ford and Maclin back, sky is the limit.

Well, Alex Smith's version of the sky, anyway.

Direckshun
12-01-2016, 04:05 PM
By the way, this now means that both of our starting DEs at the start of the year are on IR. And Poe is hobbled.

Anybody want to guess what Oakland's going to try to do on us all game?

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2016, 04:07 PM
The defense can't afford any more losses IMO.

Hydrae
12-01-2016, 04:11 PM
So who replaces him on the roster, Barnes?

sedated
12-01-2016, 04:12 PM
It seems like we've had to put a defensive player on IR every week this season.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2016, 04:14 PM
Reasons not to panic:

1. Chris Jones has become our best DE this year. IF it's he and Poe, that's still better than what we had a year ago in our sub packages.

2. The edge rushers make the interior guys' jobs much easier. Houston, Ford, and Hali remain the primary pieces of our pass rush and play the more crucial positions.

3. RNR and the other subs have looked serviceable, if not better than that in recent weeks.

Not all gloom and doom but, we can't afford to lose really any more of our key defenders for an extended period.

O.city
12-01-2016, 04:15 PM
Fuck man. I hate injuries

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-01-2016, 04:15 PM
Dead cap is 2.5 next year

jjchieffan
12-01-2016, 04:16 PM
Ugh! We are starting to close the gap on San Diego with guys on IR. Let's see. Howard, Bailey, Charles, Ehinger, Mauga, March. That's 6, and every one of them starters. Not to mention Houston being on PUP half the season. And yet, here we are, in the thick of the playoff chase and just one game back from HFA. Imagine where this team would be with those guys in the lineup.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2016, 04:17 PM

No need to cut him just yet I doubt. We need the depth, clearly.

Rasputin
12-01-2016, 04:18 PM
Is Poe gonna play? God we need him

On offense as well as defense.

BoneKrusher
12-01-2016, 04:19 PM

Three yards high...lol

O.city
12-01-2016, 04:20 PM
Houston didn't practice today either with a shoulder designation

jjchieffan
12-01-2016, 04:21 PM
I wonder what kind of shape Devito is in. Would be nice to coax him out of retirement for the remainder of the season.

DJ's left nut
I don't feel like he'd been much of a contributor this year anyway, though I could be being unfair.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Chiefs are out of 'designated to return' slots, yes? So he done. My biggest worry isn't necessarily losing him, but not having him in the event we lose Poe.

He was the best backup NT we had and the only guy I think you could plug in there for any appreciable period of time.

BoneKrusher
Nacho Time.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2016, 04:22 PM
I don't feel like he'd been much of a contributor this year anyway, though I could be being unfair.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Chiefs are out of 'designated to return' slots, yes? So he done. My biggest worry isn't necessarily losing him, but not having him in the event we lose Poe.

He was the best backup NT we had and the only guy I think you could plug in there for any appreciable period of time.

They haven't used their IR to return option yet.

Many presume that may be for Jamaal.

ModSocks
12-01-2016, 04:23 PM
Ugh! We are starting to close the gap on San Diego with guys on IR. Let's see. Howard, Bailey, Charles, Ehinger, Mauga, March. That's 6, and every one of them starters. Not to mention Houston being on PUP half the season. And yet, here we are, in the thick of the playoff chase and just one game back from HFA. Imagine where this team would be with those guys in the lineup.

Chargers have 14 on I.R.

That's a helluva gap to cover.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2016, 04:23 PM
I wonder what kind of shape Devito is in. Would be nice to coax him out of retirement for the remainder of the season.

He's lost a lot of weight like many lineman do when they retire. Not an option for us.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2016, 04:24 PM

Hope that's just a case of Andy being safe considering he was fine yesterday and they didn't even practice in pads.

No Houston = going nowhere

RunKC
12-01-2016, 04:30 PM
Fortunately Jones and RNR have both been better than Howard and Bailey this year. Reyes has also done really well as a backup.

We'll be fine but this weekend is worrisome considering Poe, Howard and Bailey are all out. We have like 4 DL. Time to find that 5th guy be it the PS or elsewhere.

Simply Red
12-01-2016, 04:30 PM
we'll be fine.

Fire Me Boy!
12-01-2016, 04:31 PM
Thank god RNR is balling out like a mother****er.

Reyes and Jenkins have been solid as well.

Chiefs are tanking all kinds of injuries this year, and we should actually be better in Week 17 than we were when we were virtually fully healthy in Week 1.

Soon as we get Ford and Maclin back, sky is the limit.

So.... low-lying fog, then?

TEX

I think he hurt it when he got the Safety. It looked like he ran off the field favoring it.

jjchieffan
Chargers have 14 on I.R.

That's a helluva gap to cover.

14 now? Holy crap that's awful. I wonder how many were starters?

DJ's left nut
12-01-2016, 04:33 PM
I think he hurt it when he got the Safety. It looked like he ran off the field favoring it.

He was messing with his hand/arm for parts of the night. Seems to suggest maybe a stinger or something that was bugging him.

If it were anything more than precautionary, I would think he wouldn't have gone back in.

jjchieffan
12-01-2016, 04:35 PM
Fortunately Jones and RNR have both been better than Howard and Bailey this year. Reyes has also done really well as a backup.

We'll be fine but this weekend is worrisome considering Poe, Howard and Bailey are all out. We have like 4 DL. Time to find that 5th guy be it the PS or elsewhere.

Poe's not out yet. He hasn't practiced yet, so he probably will be. But until he is ruled out, I'm holding out hope that he plays. Any word on who was signed to fill his roster spot? I'm assuming it's going to be David King.

Direckshun
12-01-2016, 04:39 PM
BRING ON T.J. BARNES

thabear04
12-01-2016, 04:44 PM

They have 16 on IR unless you wanna count Dex it will be 17 cause they have him on the non football injury list.

DJ's left nut
12-01-2016, 04:45 PM
They haven't used their IR to return option yet.

Many presume that may be for Jamaal.

Forgot about the rule that says he has to be on IR for 8 weeks before returning.

So at best they'd get him back the week before the Super Bowl. That...uh...seems unlikely.

With that, we are pretty much officially out of depth everywhere on this team. We've taxed the shit out of this roster depth and I think we may have finally asked for all it has to give.

ModSocks
12-01-2016, 04:50 PM

Of that group, these guys are starters or key role players:

Jason Verett
Keenan Allen
Stevie Johnson
Danny Woodhead
Dexter McCluster
Manti Teo
Brandon Oliver
Brandon Mebane

Some others:

Sean Lissemore
Jeff Cumberland
Chris Watt
Donovan Clark
Nick Dzubnar
Caraun Reid

Honestly, Brandon Flowers should be placed on IR too. For his own good, he should retire. Too many concussions. I'm a Flowers fan and i don't want to see him routinely concussed.

Easy 6
12-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Reasons not to panic:

1. Chris Jones has become our best DE this year. IF it's he and Poe, that's still better than what we had a year ago in our sub packages.

2. The edge rushers make the interior guys' jobs much easier. Houston, Ford, and Hali remain the primary pieces of our pass rush and play the more crucial positions.

3. RNR and the other subs have looked serviceable, if not better than that in recent weeks.

Not all gloom and doom but, we can't afford to lose really any more of our key defenders for an extended period.

Good post, losing a starter always sucks but things could be worse... getting Ford and Houston out there together will go a long way towards ameliorating things

Teams will be too worried about those two to give much attention to the #2 end

O.city
12-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Forgot about the rule that says he has to be on IR for 8 weeks before returning.

So at best they'd get him back the week before the Super Bowl. That...uh...seems unlikely.

With that, we are pretty much officially out of depth everywhere on this team. We've taxed the shit out of this roster depth and I think we may have finally asked for all it has to give.

Luckily, it looks like we may be getting some guys back this weekend.

RealSNR
12-01-2016, 05:17 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Kansas City Chiefs placed the following player on Reserve/Injured:<br> <br>Jaye Howard - DL - Florida <a href="https://t.co/Jjbxgwvpxp">pic.twitter.com/Jjbxgwvpxp</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/804445273623764992">December 1, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ouch! Florida injuries aren't fun. Very painful. You usually have to get those removed

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2016, 05:33 PM
I'm personally okay with them holding Poe out this week unless he's truly ready to roll...

With these injuries, he is even more important for down the stretch than before. We need the best possible version of him that we can get in the last 4 games and beyond.

Sandy Vagina
12-01-2016, 05:48 PM
I'm personally okay with them holding Poe out this week unless he's truly ready to roll...

With these injuries, he is even more important for down the stretch than before. We need the best possible version of him that we can get in the last 4 games and beyond.

I'm no expert of the Falcons, but it seems like KC won't have to worry too much about a legit power RB threat. So perhaps they can just about stay in their Nickel and Dime. If that's the case, wbf without Poe for the week. :shrug:

Pasta Little Brioni
12-01-2016, 06:10 PM
It's a blow, but it seems anyone they put on the line makes plays. Nachos and company look solid.

Rain Man
12-01-2016, 06:35 PM
Well, that's a bummer. Let the Chris Jones era begin.

Chiefshrink
12-01-2016, 07:09 PM
Of that group, these guys are starters or key role players:

Jason Verett
Keenan Allen
Stevie Johnson
Danny Woodhead
Dexter McCluster
Manti Teo
Brandon Oliver
Brandon Mebane

Some others:

Sean Lissemore
Jeff Cumberland
Chris Watt
Donovan Clark
Nick Dzubnar
Caraun Reid

Honestly, Brandon Flowers should be placed on IR too. For his own good, he should retire. Too many concussions. I'm a Flowers fan and i don't want to see him routinely concussed.

And they are still balling at a high level despite their record.

Chiefshrink
12-01-2016, 07:11 PM
It's a blow, but it seems anyone they put on the line makes plays. Nachos and company look solid.

Denver's O-line is mediocre at best and leans more toward poor. Falcon's O-line is very good and we will see if the youngsters can take it to the next level hopefully.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2016, 07:15 PM
Denver's O-line is mediocre at best and leans more toward poor. Falcon's O-line is very good and we will see if the youngsters can take it to the next level hopefully.

This.

Jones and Poe can play with the best of them, we've seen it. I think RNR and the others can be serviceable against anyone, but I want to see it this week. Go prove it.

OldSchool
12-01-2016, 07:28 PM

Yup, hopefully Gaines getting his ass kicked in coverage vs the Broncos will make him pick his game up this week.

Chiefshrink
12-01-2016, 08:03 PM
Yup, hopefully Gaines getting his ass kicked in coverage vs the Broncos will make him pick his game up this week.

I still see Gaines as a semi-rookie just because his injuries have set him back quite a bit for a 3rd yr player and IMHO he is still getting his feet underneath him. Don't know if he will pan out or not but I'm not a fan.

RealSNR
12-01-2016, 08:28 PM
I'm no expert of the Falcons, but it seems like KC won't have to worry too much about a legit power RB threat. So perhaps they can just about stay in their Nickel and Dime. If that's the case, wbf without Poe for the week. :shrug:

I mean, they have very productive RBs. Better than a lot of teams who have gashed us on the ground this year.

Titty Meat
12-01-2016, 08:37 PM
Huge loss and if Poe doesn't come back they are toast

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2016, 08:56 PM
Huge loss and if Poe doesn't come back they are toast

Yeah, his 14 snaps in the first half in Denver made all the difference.

:facepalm:

Was Clay's dick in your mouth when you posted or were you just looking at it?

In58men
12-01-2016, 09:01 PM
Yeah, his 14 snaps in the first half in Denver made all the difference.

**** dude, why do you mention Clays name every ****ing time?

You're so ****ing annoying.

Titty Meat
12-01-2016, 09:02 PM
Yeah, his 14 snaps in the first half in Denver made all the difference

Yeah he hasn't been a pro bowler most of his career. Why don't you rage leave again you angry faggot? The only place Clay's cock was up your ass American History X style after he owned you for weeks.

Titty Meat
12-01-2016, 09:05 PM
**** dude, why do you mention Clays name every ****ing time?

You're so ****ing annoying.

Between his obsession with clay, saving the pic of me, his need to flaunt his wealth and constant drama I'm convinced he's low key homo not that there's anything wrong with that.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2016, 09:05 PM
Yeah he hasn't been a pro bowler most of his career. Why don't you rage leave again you angry pillowbitergot? The only place Clay's cock was up your ass American History X style after he owned you for weeks.

Most? What?

Titty Meat
12-01-2016, 09:08 PM
Most? What?

OK half.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2016, 09:08 PM
Between his obsession with clay, saving the pic of me, his need to flaunt his wealth and constant drama I'm convinced he's low key homo not that there's anything wrong with that.

You're right.

I wonder if Inmem's head would fit into your apartment?

In58men
12-01-2016, 09:09 PM

He's a fucking pussy.

In58men
12-01-2016, 09:09 PM
You're right.

I wonder if Inmem's head would fit into your apartment?

Dude, just shut your fucking mouth.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2016, 09:10 PM
He's a fucking pussy.

I will Paypal you, right now, for gasoline to come to my house.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2016, 09:11 PM

Fuck you.

Bring it on, you fucking worthless cunt.

Titty Meat
12-01-2016, 09:11 PM

LMAO he'd give you the fade.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2016, 09:12 PM

Let's go, cunt.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2016, 09:13 PM

I'll put money in escrow to any mod to pay for your passage to LA.

Bring it, Cunt.

BRING IT.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2016, 09:16 PM
He's a fucking pussy.

Where are your tiny balls?

Come on, fucker. Back your shit up.

In58men
12-01-2016, 09:17 PM

I already know where to find you ROFL

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161202/765265c60f54a67e86e6fcb4706db8c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2016, 09:18 PM

Pussy. Giant head cunt.

Big shock

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2016, 09:21 PM
What you say, Cunt?

You're such a fucking pussy.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2016, 09:23 PM
Stopped in to see this...newp...I'll let Dane continue his roid rage. :)

In58men
What you say, Cunt?

You're such a fucking pussy.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161202/0a97f7611de7c6235b5f729eb9e59d85.jpg

Iowanian
https://66.media.tumblr.com/237db67b6a383e4c135df31dc715c49c/tumblr_mmmanyNeAg1qzwgfgo1_500.gif

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2016, 09:25 PM

You're an estrogen filled buttfuck and whichever mod allowed you back in should be ashamed.

Cunt.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2016, 09:29 PM
You're an estrogen filled butt**** and whichever mod allowed you back in should be ashamed.

Likely greased palms to get back on here :D

Titty Meat
12-01-2016, 09:31 PM
You're an estrogen filled butt**** and whichever mod allowed you back in should be ashamed.

https://youtu.be/Qy-Y3HJNU_s

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2016, 09:33 PM

You know what?

FUCK EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

He's trash.

jimidollar
12-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Message board violence. I bet that's how Howard got injured.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2016, 09:47 PM
This team will need Poe down the stretch. They'll have to convince me themselves to make me think otherwise.

Need to do whatever they can to make sure he's ready for next Thursday at least.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2016, 09:48 PM
https://youtu.be/Qy-Y3HJNU_s

What the fuck is this, tard?

Does the gap between your two front teeth preclude you from eating certain food? How about the dead tooth your broke ass can't fix?

At least it won't be around much longer than your a ginger hair, as that shit should be gone in less than 2 years.

Kudos, loser.

Titty Meat
12-01-2016, 09:49 PM
What the **** is this, tard?

Does the gap between your two front teeth preclude you from eating certain food? How about the dead tooth your broke ass can't fix?

At least it won't be around much longer than your a ginger hair, as that shit should be gone in less than 2 years.

Kudos, loser.

Pussy.

Titty Meat
12-01-2016, 09:51 PM
This team will need Poe down the stretch. They'll have to convince me themselves to make me think otherwise.

Need to do whatever they can to make sure he's ready for next Thursday at least.

Not sure how effective he'll be coming off back surgery last year and having back issues again this year.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2016, 09:51 PM
Pussy.

You're a bald, gap toothed woman.

Good luck with that in your journey to the bottom.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2016, 09:52 PM
Not sure how effective he'll be coming off back surgery last year and having back issues again this year.

I'm worried about this too. If he's coming back this year, which I would think he will, they need to wait until he's ready completely otherwise it's a waste.

Titty Meat
12-01-2016, 09:52 PM

You've been owned by Clay and Inmen. You're cranky I get it.

Titty Meat
12-01-2016, 09:54 PM
I'm worried about this too. If he's coming back this year, which I would think he will, they need to wait until he's ready completely otherwise it's a waste.

Unless Poe at 70% is better than whoever they pluck off the practice squad or street. Which he is. Man we never should have gotten of Irving.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2016, 09:55 PM
You've been owned by Clay and Inmen. You're cranky I get it.

You're dumb as fuck.

We ALL get it.

SAUTO
12-01-2016, 09:58 PM

He jacked off the mods? Gross.

SAUTO
12-01-2016, 10:01 PM

I have a gap. Every one in my family does. My brothers oldest daughter got braces and doesn't have it anymore, we told her she had to change her last name lol.

It doesn't impair my ability to eat anything.

rabblerouser
12-01-2016, 10:02 PM

Read my mind.

Titty Meat
12-01-2016, 10:07 PM
I have a gap. Every one in my family does. My brothers oldest daughter got braces and doesn't have it anymore, we told her she had to change her last name lol.

It doesn't impair my ability to eat anything.

I wish mine did. I need to lose about 20 more pounds.

SAUTO
12-01-2016, 10:08 PM
We all also have the same birthmark. Like every relative on my dad's side.

Mr. Laz
12-01-2016, 10:09 PM
:banghead:

KChiefs1
12-01-2016, 10:21 PM
Injuries suck ass.

Saccopoo
12-01-2016, 11:38 PM

I wonder what it would take to get Nick Williams back off the Miami Dolphins roster. That would be the best move that the Chiefs could make at this point.

Shaid
12-02-2016, 08:04 AM

No reason to move on from him. He's good quality for his price.

BossChief
12-02-2016, 08:09 AM
They aren't going to cut Howard when they can have him play out next year and earn a comp pick the following year.

raybec 4
12-02-2016, 09:41 AM
I wonder what it would take to get Nick Williams back off the Miami Dolphins roster. That would be the best move that the Chiefs could make at this point.

I wonder what it would take to have one football thread that didn't get derailed by idiots.

BlackHelicopters
12-02-2016, 09:48 AM
I wonder what it would take to have one football thread that didn't get derailed by idiots.

LOL

TimeForWasp
12-02-2016, 10:00 AM
Ouch! Florida injuries aren't fun. Very painful. You usually have to get those removed

How do you know. Are you a Doctor? He is a pussy. He should be able to play
a torn Florida.

jjchieffan
12-02-2016, 10:03 AM

You're asking a lot. This place is loaded with idiots. You might as well go to a not my president rally and try to have a sensible conversation. In both cases, there are just too many idiots around to avoid them all.

Rausch
12-02-2016, 10:23 AM
I heard this last night.

FUck

He was becoming a force...

pugsnotdrugs19
12-02-2016, 10:25 AM
I heard this last night.

He was becoming a force...

I like Howard a lot, but he was much better in 2015 than he had been playing this year.

Might have been hurt all along,

Rausch
12-02-2016, 10:35 AM
I hated our draft on draft day, and I still think we missed a number of opportunities, but it's hard to complain with what we ended up with.

Jones and Hill have played large parts, Ehinger was an immediate starter, and Nicolas has produced every time he was given the chance.

jjchieffan
12-02-2016, 10:39 AM
I hated our draft on draft day, and I still think we missed a number of opportunities, but it's hard to complain with what we ended up with.

Jones and Hill have played large parts, Ehinger was an immediate starter, and Nicolas has produced every time he was given the chance.

I remember 3 things that people disliked about our draft at the time. Missing out on Lynch after the Donks jumped us, trading out of the 1st round, and picking up Hill with his history. But the overall consensus of the draft was good. What did you hate so much about it?

RunKC
12-02-2016, 10:43 AM
Howard, Bailey, Poe, Jones, RNR, Reyes

That's a damn good DL next year, especially with Houston and Ford lining up next to them

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2016, 11:23 AM
Howard, Bailey, Poe, Jones, RNR, Reyes

Was Reyes signed to a 2 year deal? All I can find is that he signed to a 1 year Vet min contract.

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2016, 11:27 AM

The 2016 draft was great to excellent, save for the fact that the Chiefs could have/should have chosen Dak Prescott or Cody Kessler in the #74 spot instead of KeiVarie Russell.

For as much "Due Diligence" as they claimed to have performed on Tyreek Hill, Russell flew completely under their radar.

That area scout, whoever it is/was, truly fucked up.

DJ's left nut
12-02-2016, 11:28 AM
Was Reyes signed to a 2 year deal? All I can find is that he signed to a 1 year Vet min contract.

Looks like he'll be a UFA.

And unlike a lot of these guys, he's had enough time in the league that he's not going to be an exclusive rights player (like Ramik will be). It appears he'll be a straight up free agent.

I'm a little surprised that Dorsey didn't get that 2 year reserves deal that seems standard for street FAs. There may have been more interest in him than we knew.

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Looks like he'll be a UFA.

And unlike a lot of these guys, he's had enough time in the league that he's not going to be an exclusive rights player (like Ramik will be). It appears he'll be a straight up free agent.

I'm a little surprised that Dorsey didn't get that 2 year reserves deal that seems standard for street FAs. There may have been more interest in him than we knew.

Reyes signed a $2.5 million one year deal with Washington back in May and was cut in October. Either he just took whatever he could get or he wanted a "prove it" contract.

If he continues to play at this level, I'd be thrilled if Dorsey could wrap him up for $5 million over two years.

Chief Pagan
12-02-2016, 01:00 PM

A celebration thread on a KC Super Bowl win? :shrug:

jjchieffan
12-02-2016, 01:14 PM

Yeah right! Not even that would do it. The Smith haters would derail that thread too. They would be saying that we were lucky to win with him and we better get a real QB if we hope to repeat. You know it. I know it, we all know it would happen.

raybec 4
12-02-2016, 01:15 PM

Guaranteed within 10 posts of the OP on that thread someone would say Alex still sucks, we won despite him etc. It would escalate from there and by the end of the first page somebody would be told to fist their mother with chainmail

raybec 4
12-02-2016, 01:16 PM
Yeah right! Not even that would do it. The Smith haters would derail that thread too. They would be saying that we were lucky to win with him and we better get a real QB if we hope to repeat. You know it. I know it, we all know it would happen.

You beat me to it

jjchieffan
12-02-2016, 01:19 PM
You beat me to it

I knew that someone would say it. Anyone who has been here since Clay and his minions went full retard know how things work around here.

Rausch
12-02-2016, 01:23 PM
I remember 3 things that people disliked about our draft at the time. Missing out on Lynch after the Donks jumped us, trading out of the 1st round, and picking up Hill with his history. But the overall consensus of the draft was good. What did you hate so much about it?

I loved trading out of the first.

I hated taking a DT. I didn't hate the player we took, and agreed he was a 1st round talent, but hated going DT with that pick.

Of course now I'm glad we did.

I also hated the Hill pick. He's in a better place now and I think that's most likely behind him but I won't forget that. No one should. He should think about that not until the day he retires but until the day he dies and never, ever repeat it...

jjchieffan
12-02-2016, 01:28 PM

I hated taking a DT. I didn't hate the player we took, and agreed he was a 1st round talent, but hated going DT with that pick.

Of course now I'm glad we did.

I also hated the Hill pick. He's in a better place now and I think that's most likely behind him but I won't forget that. No one should. He should think about that not until the day he retires but until the day he dies and never, ever repeat it...

You mentioned missing a couple of opportunities. Other than the obvious taking Prescott instead of Russell, what other players would you rather have seen picked?

Rausch
12-02-2016, 01:30 PM
You mentioned missing a couple of opportunities. Other than the obvious taking Prescott instead of Russell, what other players would you rather have seen picked?

IMHO we really $3it the bed when we had multiple picks in multiple rounds.

We should have traded up into the 2nd. There were a number of CB's and a number of WR's there I felt could be day 1 starters.

jspchief
12-02-2016, 02:18 PM

They may wish they had that 5th year option on Jones.

NJChiefsFan
12-02-2016, 02:28 PM
The 2016 draft was great to excellent, save for the fact that the Chiefs could have/should have chosen Dak Prescott or Cody Kessler in the #74 spot instead of KeiVarie Russell.

Ouch.

Saccopoo
12-02-2016, 06:12 PM

You don't think that getting back a guy who is familiar with Sutton's defense and can play both DE and NT makes sense?

I don't think that it would require much.

DJ's left nut
12-02-2016, 06:14 PM
They may wish they had that 5th year option on Jones.

Which was why I hated trading out of the first.

If you liked Jones that much, stay in the first and take him; get the 5th year. It makes all the sense in the world and it will hurt badly if he develops like many hoped.

But Dorsey just had such a hard-on over not having a pick in the third; damndest thing I've ever seen.

Saccopoo
12-02-2016, 06:21 PM

Kyler Fackrell, who was drafted by Green Bay, would have been insurance on Houston's injury, Hali's legs and Ford lack of development at that point. He also had experience at ILB in college.

RunKC
12-02-2016, 06:47 PM
Which was why I hated trading out of the first.

If you liked Jones that much, stay in the first and take him; get the 5th year. It makes all the sense in the world and it will hurt badly if he develops like many hoped.

But Dorsey just had such a hard-on over not having a pick in the third; damndest thing I've ever seen.

This is fair, but what about Ehinger? He sure looked like a decent LG when he was in and his technique was really good.

In the end it comes down to this: 1 extra year for Jones or Ehinger?

saphojunkie
12-02-2016, 06:58 PM
Once again the chiefs miss out on a franchise QB in the third in favor of some piece of shit.

First it was Donald Stephenson instead of Russell Wilson and now it's Russell instead of Prescott.

go bo
12-02-2016, 11:36 PM

shit, send me two tickets and i'll drag his ass onto the airplane and you can meet us at the airport in la...

then introduce me to halle berry and jennifer lawrence and we'll make a great sex tape on teh cheap...

after all, older american men love beautiful women - just ask the president-elect!! :)

go bo
12-02-2016, 11:37 PM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161202/765265c60f54a67e86e6fcb4706db8c9.jpg

ok, that was funny... LMAO

go bo
12-02-2016, 11:39 PM

he greased something, that's for sure... :eek:

go bo
12-02-2016, 11:47 PM
Guaranteed within 10 posts of the OP on that thread someone would say Alex still sucks, we won despite him etc. It would escalate from there and by the end of the first page somebody would be told to fist their mother with chainmail a chainsaw

fyp...