Mile High Mania
12-02-2016, 02:57 PM
Raiders 9-2 / 2-1 Div / 6-1 Conf
v Bills, @ Chiefs, @ Chargers, v Colts, @ Broncos

Chiefs 8-3 / 3-0 Div / 6-2 Conf
@ Falcons, v Raiders, v Titans, v Broncos, @ Chargers

Broncos 7-4 / 1-3 Div / 4-3 Conf
@ Jaguars, @ Titans, v Patriots, @ Chiefs, v Raiders

The Chiefs have 1 game left vs an NFC team, other than that it's all AFC for all 3 teams. Each of them has 3 of the remaining 5 within the division, which makes it critically important for each, considering the razor thin margin of error.

Denver has a bigger hole to dig out from with the divisional and overall AFC losses. Raiders and Chiefs best control their destiny to the playoffs, but at this point, either of the 3 can still take the division, although it's quite unlikely that with 5 left and trailing by 2, that Denver can get enough done to move up to the division title.

Teams 7-10 in regards to playoff positioning for the AFC are Broncos, Steelers, Bills and Titans - they're all at least 6-6 and the most likely contenders to the final WC spot.

Denver needs to maintain their 1 game lead on 3 of them and advance past the Dolphins (enter 63 yd FG reference here). Miami has @ Ravens, v Cards, @ Jets, @ Bills and v Patriots left. Dolphins narrowly beat the Bills and Jets in Miami, so losing 3 of the final 5 is not unthinkable and they could lose more than that. I think Miami's spot as the #6 overall team is very short lived.

That opens a door for the final spot.

Chiefs have the best stretch with 3 of the final 4 in KC. Three December home games is key and very important, as they are only 1 game behind OAK and the #1 overall seed.

I think that makes the Falcons a must win, again... only if the goal is to get home field and take pressure off.

Oakland might have the tougher stretch with 3 of the final 4 on the road within the division. Ouch!

Denver has no cake walk either with 3 of the next 4 on the road, with a game vs the Patriots tucked in there before ending the season vs the Raiders.

Should be a fun race. I have no visions of Denver getting more than a 5/6 seed at this point. Just advance... that's the goal.

Chiefs and Raiders will battle for the West and both will begrudingly be cheering for Denver in a few weeks when New England visits...

I think Oakland holds on to the division, but it wouldn't shock me to see KC take it... the schedule is set up pretty well for that to happen at this point.

It's fun to see the West perform so well overall this year. Enjoy.

Bewbies
12-02-2016, 03:06 PM
Needing Denver to beat NE is about the worst thing that can happen from a Chiefs fan view. How can you cheer for either? :)

Mile High Mania
12-02-2016, 03:06 PM
And, if I had to wager now...

Raiders defeat the Bills, Chargers and Colts - finish 12-4

Chiefs defeat the Raiders, Broncos and Chargers - finish 11-5

Broncos defeat the Jaguars, Patriots and Raiders - finish 10-6

I think the Titans will do enough to knock the Texans out of the division slot and advance.

Rooster
12-02-2016, 03:09 PM
And, if I had to wager now...

Raiders defeat the Bills, Chargers and Colts - finish 12-4

Chiefs defeat the Raiders, Broncos and Chargers - finish 11-5

Broncos defeat the Jaguars, Patriots and Raiders - finish 10-6

I think the Titans will do enough to knock the Texans out of the division slot and advance.

I just have this feeling that the Chargers are going to bite somebody in the ass towards the end. I just hope it's the Raiders.

Bewbies
12-02-2016, 03:10 PM
It'd be a shame to finish 6-0 in the best division in football and still not win it.

Mile High Mania
12-02-2016, 03:11 PM
I just have this feeling that the Chargers are going to bite somebody in the ass towards the end. I just hope it's the Raiders.

Bucs, @ Panthers, Raiders, @ Browns, Chiefs

Final game could be interesting. Took OT for KC to win to open the season, let's see how it closes with these 2 teams.

Direckshun
12-02-2016, 03:19 PM
It'd be a shame to finish 6-0 in the best division in football and still not win it.

I think the Bengals did that a few years back.

Went 6-0 in a division with the Steelers and the Ravens, no less, and missed the playoffs.

Direckshun
12-02-2016, 03:24 PM
My gut tells me:

Raiders (9-2)
W vs. Bills
L @ Chiefs
W @ Chargers
W vs. Colts
L @ Broncos

Oakland ends up 12-4

Chiefs (8-3)
L @ Falcons
W vs. Raiders
W vs. Titans
L vs. Broncos
W vs. Chargers

Chiefs end up 11-5

Broncos (7-4)
W @ Jaguars
W @ Titans
W vs. Patriots
W @ Chiefs
W v Raiders

Broncos end up 12-4

I think all three teams make it. I don't know who gets the tie-breaker between the Broncos and the Raiders.

Too many of these games are toss-ups. I think the Broncos vs. Chiefs game is completely 50/50.

MagicHef
12-02-2016, 03:25 PM
I think the Bengals did that a few years back.

Went 6-0 in a division with the Steelers and the Ravens, no less, and missed the playoffs.

2010 Raiders

Direckshun
12-02-2016, 03:30 PM
My gut tells me:

Raiders (9-2)
W vs. Bills
L @ Chiefs
W @ Chargers
W vs. Colts
L @ Broncos

Oakland ends up 12-4

Chiefs (8-3)
L @ Falcons
W vs. Raiders
W vs. Titans
L vs. Broncos
W vs. Chargers

Chiefs end up 11-5

Broncos (7-4)
W @ Jaguars
W @ Titans
W vs. Patriots
W @ Chiefs
W v Raiders

Broncos end up 12-4

I think all three teams make it. I don't know who gets the tie-breaker between the Broncos and the Raiders.

Too many of these games are toss-ups. I think the Broncos vs. Chiefs game is completely 50/50.

Yeah... I'd like to revise this, now that I know Denver is benching their best quarterback on the roster.

Raiders (9-2)
W vs. Bills
L @ Chiefs
W @ Chargers
W vs. Colts
W @ Broncos

Oakland ends up 13-3

Chiefs (8-3)
L @ Falcons
W vs. Raiders
W vs. Titans
W vs. Broncos
W vs. Chargers

Chiefs end up 12-4

Broncos (7-4)
W @ Jaguars
W @ Titans
W vs. Patriots
L @ Chiefs
L v Raiders

Broncos end up 10-6

I still think all three make it to the playoffs, though.

wazu
12-02-2016, 03:31 PM

Final game could be interesting. Took OT for KC to win to open the season, let's see how it closes with these 2 teams.

The Chargers are a good team. They dug a hole by blowing leads early in the season. Wouldn't be surprised to see them win 3-4 of remaining games.

Direckshun
12-02-2016, 03:32 PM
The Chargers are going to be a very tough team... in 2017.

In 2016, half their starters are injured.

Mile High Mania
12-02-2016, 03:39 PM
Yeah... I'd like to revise this, now that I know Denver is benching their best quarterback on the roster.

Raiders (9-2)
W vs. Bills
L @ Chiefs
W @ Chargers
W vs. Colts
W @ Broncos

Oakland ends up 13-3

Chiefs (8-3)
L @ Falcons
W vs. Raiders
W vs. Titans
W vs. Broncos
W vs. Chargers

Chiefs end up 12-4

Broncos (7-4)
W @ Jaguars
W @ Titans
W vs. Patriots
L @ Chiefs
L v Raiders

Broncos end up 10-6

I still think all three make it to the playoffs, though.

Well, they're not 'benching" Trevor... he's injured. I really think the Patriots are vulnerable now without Gronk, especially against a top defense, which is why I believe Denver can beat them in Denver.

I figured you were drunk when you pegged Denver with 12 wins... the game @ KC will be tough to win. Denver's defense did enough to win last week, they won most of the matchups and stat comparisons, but they fell short late when it mattered. At the very least, they should have been able to prevent the 2 point conversion. Oh well, shit happens.

I think the Titans and Chiefs games will be tough to win, more than the other 3.... doesn't matter who is playing QB.

Mile High Mania
12-02-2016, 03:42 PM
The Chargers are a good team. They dug a hole by blowing leads early in the season. Wouldn't be surprised to see them win 3-4 of remaining games.

They have 5 games left and I think the Chargers will do what they've been doing quite honestly. They do have a nice young team and when healthy, should challenge anyone - they'll be a force in 2017.

But, I don't see them winning more than maybe 2 games the rest of the way.

If they're going to win 3, those are the 3.. but the Bucs can beat them and @ Carolina will be tough.

notorious
12-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Flip a coin MHM.

I don't have a clue.

Buehler445
12-02-2016, 05:32 PM
All I know is.....Fuck Donk Forever.

alpha_omega
12-02-2016, 06:21 PM
There sure are a lot of @'s there. I like our chances.

stevieray
12-02-2016, 06:59 PM
All I know is.....**** Donk Forever.

rep

Chiefshrink
12-02-2016, 08:54 PM

Seriously, the Chargers are the best 5-6 team with the most injuries to boot that I have ever witnessed in the history of watching the NFL. And I thoroughly agree they will bite somebody. If they play the Raiders 10x the Chargers would win 7 at least.

Raiders are a pure paper tiger. I predict the Bills beat them in their house this w/e.

Chiefshrink
12-02-2016, 09:13 PM
My gut tells me:

Raiders (9-2)
W vs. Bills
L @ Chiefs
W @ Chargers
W vs. Colts
L @ Broncos

Oakland ends up 12-4

Chiefs (8-3)
L @ Falcons
W vs. Raiders
W vs. Titans
L vs. Broncos
W vs. Chargers

Chiefs end up 11-5

Broncos (7-4)
W @ Jaguars
W @ Titans
W vs. Patriots
W @ Chiefs
W v Raiders

Broncos end up 12-4

Dude, no way the Broncos win out with that horrid o-line. No pass blocking and can barely muster run blocking. All their remaining teams have a decent pass rush. Elway and Kubes are now realizing why we did not resign Stephenson. :shrug:Wouldn't surprise me in the least that Elway and Kubes realize this and just decided to mail in the season giving all the snaps to Lynch using Siemians sprained ankle as an opportunity and IF Lynch lights it up I doubt Trevor returns. I know this is a bit of a stretch but would not surprise me in the least. But how in the world do you bench Siemien for his play against the Chiefs? He was by far the better QB than Smith and the reason AS morphed into Brady on that last drive is because the Denver D was gassed.

Losing at home against the Chiefs in a game they should have won quite frankly will be the psychological pivot downwards IMO for the rest of their season. The Broncos and Chiefs parallel each other in similar ways. Great defenses with anemic offenses for different reasons though. The area we are head and shoulders above them and why we won last Sunday night was STs.

ThaVirus
12-02-2016, 09:36 PM
Fuck you and your blue font

ThaVirus
12-02-2016, 09:38 PM
Seriously, the Chargers are the best 5-6 team with the most injuries to boot that I have ever witnessed in the history of watching the NFL.l.

Stop.

Chiefshrink
12-02-2016, 09:52 PM
Stop.

Reality hurts doesn't it?? And they will be motivated to play us for sure to save face and especially IF they are still in the running for the WC.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
12-03-2016, 05:45 AM
@Chargers should almost be considered another home game for Oak...

milkman
12-03-2016, 06:10 AM
Dude, no way the Broncos win out with that horrid o-line. No pass blocking and can barely muster run blocking. All their remaining teams have a decent pass rush. Elway and Kubes are now realizing why we did not resign Stephenson. :shrug:Wouldn't surprise me in the least that Elway and Kubes realize this and just decided to mail in the season giving all the snaps to Lynch using Siemians sprained ankle as an opportunity and IF Lynch lights it up I doubt Trevor returns. I know this is a bit of a stretch but would not surprise me in the least. But how in the world do you bench Siemien for his play against the Chiefs? He was by far the better QB than Smith and the reason AS morphed into Brady on that last drive is because the Denver D was gassed.

Losing at home against the Chiefs in a game they should have won quite frankly will be the psychological pivot downwards IMO for the rest of their season. The Broncos and Chiefs parallel each other in similar ways. Great defenses with anemic offenses for different reasons though. The area we are head and shoulders above them and why we won last Sunday night was STs.

Sure thing, Lucy.

NWTF
12-03-2016, 10:42 AM
Basically whoever wins the AFC west matchups win the division. I would even say whoever wins the Chiefs Raiders game wins the division.

Mile High Mania
12-05-2016, 06:57 AM
Raiders 10-2 / 2-1 Div / 7-1 Conf
@ Chiefs, @ Chargers, v Colts, @ Broncos

Chiefs 9-3 / 3-0 Div / 6-2 Conf
v Raiders, v Titans, v Broncos, @ Chargers

Broncos 8-4 / 1-3 Div / 5-3 Conf
@ Titans, v Patriots, @ Chiefs, v Raiders

Solid road win again by the Chiefs, overall good play and Berry brought it home. Raiders had a big rally at home and Denver won quite possibly the most boring game in a long time.

Huge week with Raiders @ Chiefs on Thursday Night Football. This is certainly one with all the eyes on it this week. Oakland hasn't beaten KC since a Thursday back in 2014...

A win would move the Raiders to 11, the most they've had since 2002. Can they do it in KC this year? I dunno about all that... KC has been doing things right the last few weeks, whether it's pretty or not, they've done all the right things.

I personally have no vested interest in this one... Denver is chasing two teams at this point. I just want to see a well officiated and injury free game.

lawrenceRaider
12-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Reality hurts doesn't it?? And they will be motivated to play us for sure to save face and especially IF they are still in the running for the WC.

Do you get tired of being wrong?

RunKC
12-05-2016, 09:49 AM
If we win on Thursday, the Chiefs will have a 4-0 record in the division and the Raiders will be 2-2. That alone is huge for us.

If KC beats Oakland, I think we could still afford to lose 1 more game and win the division or 2 seed. I just don't see how Oakland is going to beat Denver in Denver. Say what you want, but Denver is going to want revenge for this one and they will likely need to win that one anyway to clinch a playoff spot.

O.city
12-05-2016, 09:55 AM
IF the chiefs can, big IF, win the next 3 at home, would they have the division locked up going into SD? I think oakland would have to lose another, correct?

notorious
12-05-2016, 09:57 AM
IF the chiefs can, big IF, win the next 3 at home, would they have the division locked up going into SD? I think oakland would have to lose another, correct?

I would hope Denver pulls their head out of their ass and beats them at home, but who knows.

Hell, the Denver game at Arrowhead might decide the division.

DaFace
12-05-2016, 10:11 AM

It wouldn't necessarily be a lock even then (so I think that means you're correct). If we win Thursday, we're tied with the Raiders, but if we lost to the Chargers and the Raiders won out after us, they'd still have a better record and would win the division.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/kansas-city-chiefs-nfl-playoff-picture.html?_r=0#kc-oak-14=win&kc-ten-15=win&kc-den-16=win&event=champion

TEX
12-05-2016, 10:32 AM
If we win on Thursday, the Chiefs will have a 4-0 record in the division and the Raiders will be 2-2. That alone is huge for us.

If KC beats Oakland, I think we could still afford to lose 1 more game and win the division or 2 seed. I just don't see how Oakland is going to beat Denver in Denver.

IF Paxton Lynch...

notorious
12-05-2016, 10:36 AM
The Raiders got the ultimate front loaded schedule from the NFL. Will the media shit all over the Raid when they lose 2-3 division games to finish the season?

3 of 4 on the road (beneficially to the Raid), all 3 division games. LMAO