PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Brandon Cooks Trade?

Couch-Potato
12-04-2016, 08:43 AM
Was reading that Cooks will be available in the offseason, and came close to ending up in NE for Jaimie Collins this year. He wants to be a #1 guy. What do you think Chiefsplanet, should we give New Orleans a call?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18199630/new-orleans-saints-trade-brandin-cooks-offseason

RealSNR
12-04-2016, 08:45 AM
If Cooks was upset about not getting targeted last game, just wait until he plays with Alex! Hoo boy!

LoneWolf
12-04-2016, 08:48 AM
I would rather draft a receiver than make a trade. There isn't a great track record of receivers leaving NO and putting up similar numbers. Drew Bree's and that offense inflate a receiver's value.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-04-2016, 08:49 AM
Not wasting a pick when we have 3 capable receivers.

I would like to see Collins suit up for us tho

Couch-Potato
12-04-2016, 08:53 AM
I've always thought of Cooks as a Maclin clone. I think we have plenty of assets worth more than Jaimie Collins that'd I'd be willing to trade for Cooks, especially a draft pick. I would rather pay for a proven talent with an unproven one any day, and Cooks is still young.

Not sure he'd be overly happy in our offense however, as stated above.

Couch-Potato
12-04-2016, 08:54 AM
Maclin
Cooks
Kelce
Hill
JC

...looks good to me!

Hali and a 4th? is that plausable?

Reerun_KC
12-04-2016, 08:57 AM
JC? Yeah... No.

Dude is done

Couch-Potato
12-04-2016, 08:58 AM
JC? Yeah... No.

Dude is done

Sad.

Couch-Potato
12-04-2016, 09:01 AM
If Cooks was upset about not getting targeted last game, just wait until he plays with Alex! Hoo boy!

RealSNR, please tell me that's James Baxter on your avatar?

LoneWolf
12-04-2016, 09:03 AM
Maclin
Cooks
Kelce
Hill
JC

...looks good to me!

That's only plausible if the NO general manager gas a severe head injury. Cooks is overrated and obviously a diva for publicly complaining about his number of targets.

NJChiefsFan
12-04-2016, 09:06 AM
Also said Jackson will be on the move but they made a strong case for him to go back to PHI. Really respects Pederson from what they were saying today on ESPN.

GloucesterChief
12-04-2016, 09:07 AM
Rather try and draft Gabe Marks in the later rounds as a possession receiver for Alex.

Reerun_KC
12-04-2016, 09:09 AM
Sad.

It is but can't hold on to past glory anymore.

Molitoth
12-04-2016, 09:12 AM

:clap:

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-04-2016, 09:13 AM
Another dumbass pulling something out of his ass and making a thread

Couch-Potato
12-04-2016, 09:16 AM
Another dumbass pulling something out of his ass and making a thread

Troll toll is spot on. Thank you for pulling this comment out of your ass and sharing with the rest of us.

Couch-Potato
12-04-2016, 09:19 AM
I'd swap Maclin for him if this were the NBA

Pasta Little Brioni
12-04-2016, 09:19 AM
I'm a turd flusher

Buehler445
12-04-2016, 09:43 AM
Not unless he comes here for a SONG.

Chief Roundup
12-04-2016, 09:46 AM
I don't believe any top WR would really want to come be a part of this offense.

hometeam
12-04-2016, 09:48 AM
Maclin
Cooks
Kelce
Hill
JC

...looks good to me!

Are you fucking high?

The whole concept is a pipe dream, hes not going anywhere, and if he does, it wont be here.

SAUTO
12-04-2016, 09:50 AM

ROFL

DJ's left nut
12-04-2016, 09:54 AM
"Wants to be a #1" = wants to get his numbers so he can get his money.

I don't know that I even blame him, but it means he's going to take the most he can get on the market and that won't be cheap. It also means that the moment he's not getting 8 targets/gm, he's gonna be unhappy.

There are places where he'd be worth the money and the drama but those places aren't here. Really, I feel like he'd be a great fit in Washington. Maybe Baltimore?

Truth be told, he's probably a great fit in NO but seems to have an issue with the fact that Michael Thomas might be as good as him. That being said, he doesn't care if he's actually a #1; he just wants to get paid like one and knows he can't if he doesn't put up numbers.

So if the Saints gave him the kind of contract he wanted, he'd shut right up and his targets won't bother him anymore. When someone's approaching his walk year and starts yappin' about respect, it's always about the money.

TEX
12-04-2016, 10:08 AM
Was reading that Cooks will be available in the offseason, and came close to ending up in NE for Jaimie Collins this year. He wants to be a #1 guy. What do you think Chiefsplanet, should we give New Orleans a call?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18199630/new-orleans-saints-trade-brandin-cooks-offseason

Reid was high on him coming out of college. In fact, I think KC drafts him if New Orleans didn't. I think he'd be one heck of an asset but might be hard to do. KC has a lot to do this offseason without factoring this into the equation.

CoMoChief
12-04-2016, 10:09 AM

Who would these 3 be...because Maclin is once again making a habit being in the tub and not on the field. Even when he was on the field he wasn't doing shit.

Right now Conley is just another guy.

Teams are gonna start preparing to stop Hill. Although his future in this league is looking bright.

And they don't give kelce the ball nearly as much as they should.

RippedmyFlesh
12-04-2016, 10:09 AM

We have 1 capable receiver Hill. The others are either out or jags.

CoMoChief
12-04-2016, 10:15 AM
Get rid of Alex Smith....get us a real qb that throws down the field...then wrs will wanna come here and play.

You don't think they forgot about smith not getting a td pass to any of his wr for over a full God damn calendar year did you? You think any wr will want to come play for that?

Would love Cooks. But we need a qb that till throw to him. Smith wont.

I do believe we need to move along from Maclin..or have him take a pay cut.

Chief Northman
12-04-2016, 10:44 AM
Cooks would be fantastic out of the slot.
Do it.

Couch-Potato
12-04-2016, 10:53 AM
Are you ****ing high?

The whole concept is a pipe dream, hes not going anywhere, and if he does, it wont be here.

Yes actually, I am currently high and was when I posted this thread. Thank you.
Pipe dreams are what fan forums are for!

chiefzilla1501
12-04-2016, 10:53 AM
Please no more expensive offensive weapons. As I've said before every offensive move we've made, giving Alex Smith new weapons is like buying expensive cars for mr. Magoo.

As long as Alex Smith is our qb, we need to invest in defense. We massively upgraded at receiver and offensive line and have noticed zero difference. To Alex's credit, he can actually make a bad offense serviceable. Meanwhile, when you give Sutton weapons, you can see the defense immediately improve.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-04-2016, 10:58 AM
Conley is far from jag

Couch-Potato
12-04-2016, 10:58 AM
Would love to see us grab a proven vet WR a la Cooks this offseason and at least a QB to challenge Smith (Foles, Goropallo, Semien at min).

If I fall asleep during our offensive performance today, I hope to dream about landing Cousins and Cooks in thee offseason lol

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Michael Thomas stealin Cooks' thunder

Couch-Potato
12-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Conley is far from jag

Not a jag, but not far from one either

RippedmyFlesh
12-04-2016, 11:00 AM
Conley is far from jag

He may have physical tools but production wise he is jag.

hometeam
12-04-2016, 11:01 AM
Conley is far from jag

And what besides homerism tells you this?

I mean, I like the guy, I do, but he hasnt done anything that sets himself apart from any jag.

RunKC
12-04-2016, 11:07 AM
Conley isn't a fucking JAG. He's a talented player that is the #5 option (maybe #6 if you count TE #2) in an extremely conservative offense.

The guy would be a badass on a team that actually utilizes passing the ball down the field.

WhiteWhale
12-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Why?

So we can have another highly paid target that is rarely thrown at?

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2016, 11:22 AM
Why?

So we can have another highly paid target that is rarely thrown at?

Who would that be?

DJ's left nut
12-04-2016, 11:28 AM
Conley is far from jag

Conley probably hasn't even made himself a JAG at this point. If he's 'far from it' is because he hasn't reached it yet.

Folks that ignore a WRs inability to create space amuse me. I want Conley to succeed but he continues to demonstrate that he lacks the close quarters explosion to get himself open.

He's probably little more than a 3rd down or red zone possession receiver.

In short - a JAG.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2016, 11:34 AM
Conley probably hasn't even made himself a JAG at this point. If he's 'far from it' is because he hasn't reached it yet.

Folks that ignore a WRs inability to create space amuse me. I want Conley to succeed but he continues to demonstrate that he lacks the close quarters explosion to get himself open.

He's probably little more than a 3rd down or red zone possession receiver.

In short - a JAG.
He's a hard working guy that's improved dramatically from his rookie season.

Due to the injury during his rookie training camp, he's yet to even tease his ceiling and that may not happen until some point next season.

I think the Chiefs could so far worse for a #3 but forcing him into the #1 role while Maclin's been out definitely wasn't the answer.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-04-2016, 11:37 AM
Just silly. We all went into this season knowing he was going to be in the neighborhood of five looks a game. He's pulling in 2/3 of his targets and is developing into a possession receiver just as avant served in Philly for Reid. We don't know what his ceiling is and people implying he is disposable this far into his development is laughable.

Albert on the other hand...

DJ's left nut
12-04-2016, 11:38 AM
Conley isn't a fucking JAG. He's a talented player that is the #5 option (maybe #6 if you count TE #2) in an extremely conservative offense.

The guy would be a badass on a team that actually utilizes passing the ball down the field.

When Maclin went down Conley had a chance to make himself the #2 option in this offense.

Wanna see the difference between a JAG and a true asset - look at what Hill did. When Maclin went down and this team desperately needed someone that could do more than he's ever done, Hill was able to do it.

Conley, OTOH, is little more than he's always been. He just doesn't have a lot more to give. The more experienced he gets the more frequently he'll be able to be schemed open, but he simply lacks the quickness to be a true asset in the WCO.

DJ's left nut
12-04-2016, 11:40 AM
He's a hard working guy that's improved dramatically from his rookie season.

Due to the injury during his rookie training camp, he's yet to even tease his ceiling and they may not happen until some point next season.

I think the Chiefs could so far worse for a #3 but forcing him into the #1 role while Maclin's been out definitely wasn't the answer.

Maybe. I still don't see the quickness he needs to take the next step but maybe you're right.

But right now he's about as replaceable as they get. If he went down and we had to have Wilson running all his routes, we wouldn't be appreciably worse.

DJ's left nut
12-04-2016, 11:41 AM
Just silly. We all went into this season knowing he was going to be in the neighborhood of five looks a game. He's pulling in 2/3 of his targets and is developing into a possession receiver just as avant served in Philly for Reid. We don't know what his ceiling is and people implying he is disposable this far into his development is laughable.

Albert on the other hand...

Ah.

Well if 'Avant' isn't a JAG in your estimation then I suddenly see where our problems lie.

'Big Avant' isn't exactly what I'd want on my resume if I were an NFL player.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2016, 11:46 AM
But right now he's about as replaceable as they get. If he went down and we had to have Wilson running all his routes, we wouldn't be appreciably worse.

I have to disagree. I haven't seen Conley miss too many, if any, catchable balls this season whereas I seemingly curse Wilson's name in each and every game.

At this post in time, Conley's ceiling might be a young Jason Avant. Not flashy but fairly dependable with an occasionally really good season.

If that's all he ever becomes, I could live with that. It's hard to knock dependability.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-04-2016, 11:47 AM
Ah.

Well if 'Avant' isn't a JAG in your estimation then I suddenly see where our problems lie.

'Big Avant' isn't exactly what I'd want on my resume if I were an NFL player.

Conley has the strength, physicality, and is a hard worker. If you haven't seen a difference in his confidence and physicality on the field then you aren't watching

Plus he fits into the Reid locker room very well.

Coming along well for a 3rd rounder in year two

scho63
12-04-2016, 11:47 AM
If you can't be happy with Drew Brees chucking it all over, you need a new avocation.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-04-2016, 11:48 AM
Conley has done jack shit. Thus far he's a jag.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-04-2016, 11:49 AM
I have to disagree. I haven't seen Conley miss too many, if any, catchable balls this season whereas I seemingly curse Wilson's name in each and every game.

At this post in time, Conley's ceiling might be a young Jason Avant. Not flashy but fairly dependable with an occasionally really good season.

If that's all he ever becomes, I could live with that. It's hard to knock dependability.

Agreed. He's a reliable supportive cast member who will unlikely ever be a featured receiver, especially with Kelce and Hill being in the top 4 with Maclin and Ware

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2016, 11:55 AM
Conley has done jack shit. Thus far he's a jag.

He's extended drives while averaging 11.2 yards per catch

Easy 6
12-04-2016, 11:58 AM
I don't believe any top WR would really want to come be a part of this offense.

Agreed, as long as Smith is here we'll need to draft at that position... or pay through the nose

The Franchise
12-04-2016, 11:59 AM
If we didn't have Hill....I'd be all for it.

DJ's left nut
12-04-2016, 11:59 AM

Jason Avant is a JAG, man.

He's a system player that would've never done a thing outside of Andy Reid. And frankly, Avant was a better route runner than Conley.

I still see physical limits to Conley's ability to run routes. You can't be a truly dynamic possession WR in a WCO if you can't get open in 2-steps. Now he could be a different type of possession WR (think Mushin Muhammad) who just screens guys off to get to the ball, but that's not how this offense works and it will never be a genuine asset here as much as just a necessary way to occasionally get the job done for him.

Honestly, right now I don't think he sees a second contract in KC. He could prove me wrong but unless he does something to greatly improve his quickness and his cutting ability, he's just not going to fit here.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-04-2016, 12:01 PM
A lot of this conversation is driven by Maclins absence.. when healthy this team is not short on weapons. Compare this roster to 2013...

DJ's left nut
12-04-2016, 12:09 PM
He's extended drives while averaging 11.2 yards per catch

Last season Wilson picked up 19 3rd downs on 35 receptions at 12.9 per pop.

Conley's picked up 23 on 34 at 11.2 yards per pop. Setting aside whether or not I'd rather have the extra 1.5 yards per catch, is 4 more first downs all that impressive? Because the bar he's trying to clear - Albert Wilson - isn't that impressive.

mnchiefsguy
12-04-2016, 12:11 PM
We don't have a QB that can get him the ball, so no.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2016, 12:37 PM
I fucking hare the WCO, its QB's and WR's, so there's that.

DJ's left nut
12-04-2016, 12:52 PM
Nice hands, Conley.

Titty Meat
12-04-2016, 01:35 PM
I'd rather have DeSean Jackson

chiefzilla1501
12-04-2016, 01:47 PM
Jason Avant is a JAG, man.

He's a system player that would've never done a thing outside of Andy Reid. And frankly, Avant was a better route runner than Conley.

I still see physical limits to Conley's ability to run routes. You can't be a truly dynamic possession WR in a WCO if you can't get open in 2-steps. Now he could be a different type of possession WR (think Mushin Muhammad) who just screens guys off to get to the ball, but that's not how this offense works and it will never be a genuine asset here as much as just a necessary way to occasionally get the job done for him.

Honestly, right now I don't think he sees a second contract in KC. He could prove me wrong but unless he does something to greatly improve his quickness and his cutting ability, he's just not going to fit here.

I disagree on avant. He wasn't flashy before the catch. But he didn't need much separation because he was exceptional catching anything everything. Not just elite hands, but finding ways to catch uncatchable passes. Was a tremendous slot possession receiver with the eagles.

I'd like to give Conley that chance too. But Alex throws to open receivers, he doesn't throw them open. So Conley may be fine as a player, but maybe a bad fit for Alex Smith. I agree that he doesn't always get separation but sometimes your qb had to just let your receiver make a play.

DJ's left nut
12-04-2016, 01:56 PM
I disagree on avant. He wasn't flashy before the catch. But he didn't need much separation because he was exceptional catching anything everything. Not just elite hands, but finding ways to catch uncatchable passes. Was a tremendous slot possession receiver with the eagles.

I'd like to give Conley that chance too. But Alex throws to open receivers, he doesn't throw them open. So Conley may be fine as a player, but maybe a bad fit for Alex Smith. I agree that he doesn't always get separation but sometimes your qb had to just let your receiver make a play.

This offense isn't designed for that.

If you're throwing to a covered guy in the WCO, you're making the wrong play. If you can get separation with these route combos, you're the wrong guy for the system.

chiefzilla1501
12-04-2016, 02:20 PM
This offense isn't designed for that.

If you're throwing to a covered guy in the WCO, you're making the wrong play. If you can get separation with these route combos, you're the wrong guy for the system.

But Alex is conservative even for a wco qb. McNabb wasn't afraid to throw to avant in a tight spot. It's what made avant an outstanding receiver. It doesn't mean necessarily jump balls or long balls. But alex just won't throw anything that's contested. As much as we talk about Alex and timing, I don't know how many times I've seen him get rid of the ball really late because he has to be completely sure the guy is wide open.

Couch-Potato
12-04-2016, 03:46 PM
Guys Conley is a total Jag although we hope he becomes otherwise. Hill on the other hand is a player, he has unique ability and has shown it. Conley has done nothing of the sort and if he were a baller he'd stand out at least as much as hill at this point. Not completely writing him off but not expecting, well anything. I admit he was an interesting draft selection but until he's done something more he's only accomplished having a good combine in my eyes.

Jackson wouldn't fit our offense for sure, and BTW Cooks would be our best WR by far at this point with Maclin's age and injury history.

Great win today! But let's not forget we're the chiefs and our fans are prone to the highest amount of homerism in the league. We can still stand to improve, I promise.

RealSNR
12-04-2016, 05:41 PM
Will be interesting if Dorsey makes a WR move this offseason beyond drafting some Da'Ron Brown asshole again. I don't see Robinson doing shit for us, so Conley has no competition if we don't find a guy to push him in any way

Aspengc8
12-04-2016, 06:22 PM
I ****ing hare the WCO, its QB's and WR's, so there's that.

Good thing Reid only uses the same wco concepts as every other team in the NFL

SAUTO
12-04-2016, 06:43 PM

Albert on the other hand...ROFL

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-04-2016, 06:49 PM
Will be interesting if Dorsey makes a WR move this offseason beyond drafting some Da'Ron Brown asshole again. I don't see Robinson doing shit for us, so Conley has no competition if we don't find a guy to push him in any way

I don't see a problem with having Kelce/Maclin/Hill/Ware as the 4 primary targets with DAT/Conley/Wilson/Harris as your 5th-8th options.