PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Love him or hate him... (Andy Reid)

CoMoChief
12-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Andy Reid has now given the Chiefs their 4th straight winning season in a row. Worst they can go now is 9-7.

Last Chiefs coach to do that was Marty, who had 9 winning seasons in a row (1989-1997).

There are many times I can't stand Reid as a coach, but him along w/ Dorsey have completely changed the culture in this locker room. Wish players like Charles DJ Hali wouldn't have wasted most of their careers on sad jokes like Herm Edwards and Todd Haley and Romeo Crennel.

Congrats and thanks to Reid for changing the culture of this franchise...esp after the death of Belcher, the 2-win seasons, 1/3rd filled Arrowhead on gameday (nice weather), and a ghost town in December. I remember not being able to get rid of Chiefs tickets then.

Nice to have winning football back in KC. Sadly we want a SB, and I just don't believe Alex Smith can get the Chiefs there.

(Dave Toub on the left)
http://prod.static.chiefs.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/longreads/2016/andyreid/sidebar-5.jpg

https://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/andy-reid.jpg

Eleazar
12-04-2016, 05:29 PM
Reid has been an improvement over Herm.

(real ringing endorsement there...)

BWillie
12-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Andy Reid is schematically the best coach Ive seen the Chiefs have since I've been . He does, however, suck at time mgmt & play calling at times. But, not today.

Chiefspants
12-04-2016, 05:31 PM
Regular season success is important and is fun to watch, but it'll all ring hollow if he doesn't come through in the playoffs (just like Marty).

O.city
He's a top 5 coach in today's nfl and potential HOF HC.

But yeah, let's find a better one

Sandy Vagina
but winning don't be meanin shit if u don't wins it all.

/CP

:facepalm:

Eleazar
12-04-2016, 05:34 PM

/CP

How will Marty be remembered?

As a fine regular season coach who was too limited, too married to his old way of doing things, to win anything further.

No different for Reid.

Meatloaf
12-04-2016, 05:34 PM
20-4 in last 24 games speaks volumes.

As I've stated before (and will now again for the benefit of the slow learners out there), this team is really, really hard to define. The one thing, however, that they do excel at is "teamness". They seem to be the very definition of "team", and I suspect much of the credit for that goes to Dorsey, Reid, his coaching staff and of course, the players who put the team in front of individual. THAT, my friends appears to be key to this fine group!

BWillie
12-04-2016, 05:43 PM
Regular season success is important and is fun to watch, but it'll all ring hollow if he doesn't come through in the playoffs (just like Marty).

That's called getting unlucky. If you win consistently in the reg season, u can win in the playoffs. Makes no diff

BWillie
12-04-2016, 05:44 PM

As a fine regular season coach who was too limited, too married to his old way of doing things, to win anything further.

No different for Reid.

The thought process you display here is completely wrong.

Sandy Vagina
12-04-2016, 05:45 PM

No different for Reid.

doesn't change the reality that winning seasons are fun... and losing seasons are not fun

Demonpenz
12-04-2016, 05:58 PM
marty will be remembered for not remembering

Kman34
12-04-2016, 06:02 PM

Not cool...

Pablo
12-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Not cool...

I know. What if his kids read CP???

CoMoChief
12-04-2016, 06:31 PM

I laughed.

carcosa
12-04-2016, 06:32 PM
He fat tho

Red Dawg
12-04-2016, 06:33 PM
I have no problem with Andy but Smith is maddening. If this team had stud QB we would be running the league.

Red Dawg
12-04-2016, 06:36 PM
In other news. Kapernick today set a new record. He had 4 yards passing and took 5 sacks. No qb has ever been sacks more times than passed yards.

Easy 6
12-04-2016, 06:39 PM
Love him, its just like a marriage... live with anyone long enough and you'll always find their worst side, but it can usually be offset by the hot sex that only comes with knowing your partner inside and out, emotionally and physically

You've ****ed so many times you can anticipate each others next move... familiarity breeds context

Thats Reid, yeah... I wanna **** Andy Reid

Sandy Vagina
12-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Love him, its just like a marriage... live with anyone long enough and you'll always find their worst side, but it can usually be offset by the hot sex that only comes with knowing your partner inside and out, emotionally and physically

You've ****ed so many times you can anticipate each others next move

Thats Reid, yeah... I wanna **** Andy

http://media0.giphy.com/media/jUwpNzg9IcyrK/giphy.gif

Red Dawg
12-04-2016, 06:43 PM
I hope we keep Andy for many years. I believe in continuity for the team. The best franchises don't turnover coaches all the time.

Easy 6
12-04-2016, 06:44 PM
LMAO

threebag
12-04-2016, 06:45 PM
I have no problem with Andy but Smith is maddening. If this team had stud QB we would be running the league.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/64/87/cd/6487cdec5c58e46f1a2b95094a2d34ee.jpg

TimeForWasp
12-04-2016, 06:45 PM
Now we need to stomp that Raider ass.

Sandy Vagina
12-04-2016, 06:46 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/64/87/cd/6487cdec5c58e46f1a2b95094a2d34ee.jpg

ugh... please don't quote Tuckedpenis. :harumph:

jjchieffan
12-04-2016, 06:58 PM
In other news. Kapernick today set a new record. He had 4 yards passing and took 5 sacks. No qb has ever been sacks more times than passed yards.

ROFL. I hope that scumbag never wins another game in his career. Get him away from the spotlight where nobody cares what he does during the national anthem

fan4ever
12-04-2016, 07:03 PM

/CP

If you've followed them for decades, yes, winning it all becomes paramount eventually. I'm enjoying the season, but laying an egg in the playoffs will not have me humming a happy tune because it was a "good season".

Reid proved today he can call a pretty great game plan; why he shelves calling plays like he did today during most other games is beyond me...I know it was a lower caliber defense, but he showed today they have a lot of weapons and that's even without the injured players like Maclin. Otherwise I think he's an exceptional head coach . . . oh, except clock management but today he did well.

Buehler445
12-04-2016, 07:03 PM

YIKES

Easy 6
12-04-2016, 07:13 PM
YIKES

Karma Kills Kaepernick

Deberg_1990
12-04-2016, 07:18 PM
He's an awesome football coach.

After the shit we dealt with from 2007-2012, he's been an absolute Godsend

siberian khatru
12-04-2016, 07:20 PM
Andy had one of his better games today

Hydrae
12-04-2016, 07:37 PM
If you've followed them for decades, yes, winning it all becomes paramount eventually. I'm enjoying the season, but laying an egg in the playoffs will not have me humming a happy tune because it was a "good season".

Reid proved today he can call a pretty great game plan; why he shelves calling plays like he did today during most other games is beyond me...I know it was a lower caliber defense, but he showed today they have a lot of weapons and that's even without the injured players like Maclin. Otherwise I think he's an exceptional head coach . . . oh, except clock management but today he did well.

Could it be that they were similar plays called but since the defense was not as good Alex was more comfortable throwing deeper reads? I don't know, I do not have the knowledge to even be able to tell but I think it is an interesting possibility.

Iowanian
12-04-2016, 09:43 PM
I'd like to know who called the plays today because it couldn't have been the same vagina calling them against Denver.

BossChief
12-04-2016, 09:48 PM
I'd like to know who called the plays today because it couldn't have been the same vagina calling them against Denver.

Atlantas defense isn't anywhere near as good and the offense knew they would need to keep pace with Atlantas offense.

Their formulas generally work quite well when Reid is being aggressive.

DJ's left nut
12-04-2016, 09:49 PM
He's a top 5 coach in today's nfl and potential HOF HC.

But yeah, let's find a better one

Laz insists the Chiefs should've had their short list of replacements put together a long time ago.

Because, y'know, a guy that's going to retire among the 10 winningest coaches in NFL history and with a .600ish record is really just a stepping stone hire until you can find someone better.

Some people are fucking idiots.

Easy 6
12-04-2016, 09:52 PM

Its textbook Reid, we've seen it dozens of times... shit the bed repeatedly, then turn in a Masters Class on how to win a game against a high flying team on the road

I've come to the conclusion that Reids scariest opponent is Reid... once he figures THAT guy out, look out

OldSchool
12-04-2016, 09:54 PM

Harbaugh made the right call . . .ROFL

DJ's left nut
12-04-2016, 10:04 PM
Its textbook Reid, we've seen it dozens of times... shit the bed repeatedly, then turn in a Masters Class on how to win a game against a high flying team on the road

I've come to the conclusion that Reids scariest opponent is Reid... once he figures THAT guy out, look out

Pretty much every year he has a game or two like this.

He just gets everything right and we blow the doors of somebody. San Diego and Detroit last year (and Denver), Pats and Rams in 2014 with a damn nice Seahawks W as well, the Giants and Redskins maulings in 2013 as well as the 'watch Charles fuck these guys again' game against Oakland.

A few times a year, Andy Reid just flat out whips his opposite number. I actually think he's due another one of these, ideally next week. The guy can coach a football team and if you're not on your toes he will just outthink you.

fan4ever
12-04-2016, 11:41 PM
Could it be that they were similar plays called but since the defense was not as good Alex was more comfortable throwing deeper reads? I don't know, I do not have the knowledge to even be able to tell but I think it is an interesting possibility.

He definitely was protected well so there's that, but I didn't see Alex looking for the 6 yard play as much as he was looking farther downfield...and the routes were better...not so short.

Titty Meat
12-04-2016, 11:44 PM
Like I said when we hired him he's the best coach this franchise has had.

Pitt Gorilla
12-04-2016, 11:55 PM
Could Reid actually move in those shorts?

T-post Tom
12-04-2016, 11:55 PM
Let's hope the football gods aren't aligning against us.... :) (More likely just a poor turn of phrase reincarnated.)

From today:

"Riverboat Andy? Chiefs fans loved Reid’s play calling on Sunday"

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article118830333.html

From 2010:

"Second-year Chiefs coach Todd Haley has earned a reputation as a riverboat gambler."

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/19591/afc-west-final-word-18

T-post Tom
12-05-2016, 12:05 AM
Could Reid actually move in those shorts?

That kind of static electricity could power a small city. Hey, if short shorts were good enough for the Duke.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdvGcRBCcAAJG0T.jpg:large