PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Missed XP

kevonm
12-04-2016, 07:48 PM
We may not have won the game if Santos hit the XP. Too many variables, but if not for the miss the falcons would not have gone for two. Who knows if we would have marched the field for a game winning field goal.

Hamwallet
12-04-2016, 08:20 PM
We may not be the United States of America if we didn't... WTF are you trying to say? Santos is one of the main reasons we are where we are at! Boo this man.

Hamwallet
12-04-2016, 08:21 PM
FYI he didn't miss it jackass. It was blocked.

NJChiefsFan
12-04-2016, 08:22 PM
We may not be the United States of America if we didn't... WTF are you trying to say? Santos is one of the main reasons we are where we are at! Boo this man.

I think he is just saying "weird how a bad thing may have ended up forcing a play that won us the game." Of course if Atlanta hadn't gone chasing the points the first time they wouldn't have needed the two point conversion late.

TEX
12-04-2016, 08:22 PM
We may not have won the game if Santos hit the XP. Too many variables, but if not for the miss the falcons would not have gone for two. Who knows if we would have marched the field for a game winning field goal.

Yep. Was discussing that wirh some friends after the game. You're right, too many variables to know either way. But sonething to at least bring up.

Coach
12-04-2016, 08:23 PM

Don't think you were watching the same game as I was.

It wasn't missed.

It was blocked.

threebag
12-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Alex would have driven the field to pay dirt.

TEX
12-04-2016, 08:24 PM
I think he is just saying "weird how a bad thing may have ended up forcing a play that won us the game." Of course if Atlanta hadn't gone chasing the points the first time they wouldn't have needed the two point conversion late.

Yep. Many rude "jackasses" here so sometimes ya gotta spell it out for people...:rolleyes:

Hamwallet
12-04-2016, 08:26 PM
BLOCKED. Dumb thread.

Rain Man
12-04-2016, 08:27 PM
Santos knows what he's doing.

Spott
12-04-2016, 08:31 PM
If they make the XP, then they are likely up 28-23 when Atlanta scores the go ahead TD and decides to go for 2. So the score would have been 30-29 instead of 29-28 after Berry returned the pick.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2016, 08:33 PM

Santos didn't "miss", glue sniffer.

It was blocked.

wazu
12-04-2016, 08:40 PM
Santos white knights are out in force tonight.

Deberg_1990
12-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Why did the Falcons go for it in 4th down in the middle of he 3rdQ instead of kicking a FG?

They might have lost the game there?

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2016, 08:56 PM

The first time you make an intelligent observation will be the first time.

kevonm
12-04-2016, 09:01 PM
Santos didn't "miss", glue sniffer.

It was blocked.

That doesn't really change my point, does it? Not defending Santos either. Just an observation

Also, I didn't say he missed it, I called it a "miss" which it was.

kcxiv
12-04-2016, 09:06 PM
We won a game we probably should have and that all that matters. The W.

Lzen
12-04-2016, 09:17 PM
That doesn't really change my point, does it? Not defending Santos either. Just an observation

A blocked kick is not a miss. :shake:

Dayze
12-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Santos was just setting up Berry for later in the game. He learned that from Alex and Distins relationship.

Coach
12-04-2016, 09:48 PM

It's better to say blocked than miss, because when people read miss, they're going to naturally think the kicker shanked it.

And a blocked XP is not an miss. A miss is when the kicker did not get the football up in the air to the uprights.

kevonm
12-04-2016, 09:50 PM
A blocked kick is not a miss. :shake:

Yes it is. And it is noted as a miss in the kickers official stat line with a notation that it was blocked. Heck, Google agrees with me too. Here is an article calling blocked field goals misses

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/players/news/1616746/steven-hauschka/

This is pedantic. I was just making an observation.

kevonm
12-04-2016, 09:53 PM
A miss is when the kicker did not get the football up in the air to the uprights.

I completely agree

Coach
12-04-2016, 09:56 PM
I completely agree

A miss is not when the ball was blocked. I don't care much for what Google or what the rules say. Common sense says that a miss is when the ball got past the LOS & the defenders, without anyone batting it down.

Baby Lee
12-04-2016, 09:57 PM

No one's white knighting Santos, 'tard.

This is more of a 'life is strange' observation than an attaboy.

Kind of like when Gonzo plowed into that guy on the sidelines and when he went to the hospital they gave him an early cancer diagnosis that might have gone unnoticed.

kevonm
12-04-2016, 10:00 PM
A miss is not when the ball was blocked.

A miss is when the ball got past the LOS & Defenders, without anyone batting it down.

Show me your source and I will publicly admit I was wrong. I fully admit I could have been much more clear, but I was not strictly incorrect. This counts as a missed XP by Santos. This is like saying a batted down pass is not an incompletion.

Rasputin
12-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Don't think you were watching the same game as I was.

It wasn't missed.

It was blocked.

Doesn't change the fact he missed the field goal extra point. I mean it's not like it was tipped and he still made it like a doink upright goal post but still goes through.

Yes it was tipped. Yes he missed the extra point. It still goes down in the stats as a missed extra point.

wazu
12-04-2016, 10:26 PM
No one's white knighting Santos, 'tard.

This is more of a 'life is strange' observation than an attaboy.

Kind of like when Gonzo plowed into that guy on the sidelines and when he went to the hospital they gave him an early cancer diagnosis that might have gone unnoticed.

I was referring to all of the angry responses that it wasn't a miss.

Baby Lee
12-04-2016, 10:40 PM
I was referring to all of the angry responses that it wasn't a miss.

It's helpful clarification for those who didn't see the game.

A miss and a block that's kicked too low are both failures on the part of the kicker. The clarification doesn't beatify Santos, it informs the reader.

cmh6476
12-05-2016, 12:06 AM
yeah dumb on atlanta's part to block it

TimeForWasp
12-05-2016, 12:32 AM
Glad Denver tried to kick the 62 yarder too.

KChiefs1
12-05-2016, 12:42 AM
Alex would have driven the field to pay dirt.

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-05-2016, 12:45 AM
I checked Google also and all it said was I have an above average penis.

TimeForWasp
12-05-2016, 12:55 AM
I checked Google also and all it said was I have an above average penis.

Only compared to other pig slop covered penis. Small sample size.

Beef Supreme
12-05-2016, 01:01 AM
Goddamn, way to go all of the people that completely missed the point of the thread in order to correct the details. You fuckers win the Internet.

This went from "Isn't it kinda odd the way events played out," to "Fuck you he didn't miss it" in a hurry.

UK_Chief
12-05-2016, 01:03 AM
Errr it was blocked

Predarat
12-05-2016, 09:53 AM
It would have created an alternate timeline that would have the potential to seriously fuck up the space-time continuum.

Beef Supreme
12-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Things to keep in mind. Even if they had made that 2 point conversion, we got the ball back with a lot of time left and they weren't exactly stopping us. Chiefs got a couple of first downs and started kneeling on it at the 1:30 mark. Plenty of time to at least tie it up with a field goal if not win it with a touchdown, but we didn't need to.