PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith is 3-1 when the other team scores 24 or more points this season

jjchieffan
12-04-2016, 07:55 PM
I just thought I would throw that out there since it seemed to be such a determining factor of a quarterbacks worth to certain haters.

Chargers 33-27
Steelers 43-14
Donks 30-27
Falcons 29-28

So tell me, does that mean he's worthy? I mean his previous record was a point that was used to say he was horrible. You can't have it both ways.

Baby Lee
12-04-2016, 08:00 PM
Claynus, the gift that keeps on giving.

He's the King Midas of poop.

Red Dawg
12-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Uh. No. Team is but not beciase he is out scoring everyone.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-04-2016, 08:10 PM
Elite.

/Deion Sanders

jjchieffan
12-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Uh. No. Team is but not beciase he is out scoring everyone.

And there comes the first Smith hater. It's good ole Dumb****Daddy in with the line to not give Smith credit for the win. Never-mind the fact that if the other team scores 24 or more points, that the defense shoulders part of that blame as well. Keep it up. I changed your name for a reason.ROFL

Baby Lee
12-04-2016, 08:22 PM
Any hard figures on how many Chiefs wins you can despise and still consider yourself a fan?

Spott
12-04-2016, 08:24 PM
I'm not a Smith ballwasher, but he was on target all game long, except for the pass where he overthrew Ware.

NJChiefsFan
12-04-2016, 08:25 PM
I just thought I would throw that out there since it seemed to be such a determining factor of a quarterbacks worth to certain haters.

Chargers 33-27
Steelers 43-14
Donks 30-27
Falcons 29-28

So tell me, does that mean he's worthy? I mean his previous record was a point that was used to say he was horrible. You can't have it both ways.

Are you using it to support him now? If so did you agree that the previous record before this year was a damning stat against Alex? Because if the answer isn't yes both times you yourself are trying to have it both ways.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-04-2016, 08:30 PM
Tuck, pest, nwo, oak if those guys aren't on your ignore list youre just adding clutter to your screen

jjchieffan
12-04-2016, 08:36 PM
Are you using it to support him now? If so did you agree that the previous record before this year was a damning stat against Alex? Because if the answer isn't yes both times you yourself are trying to have it both ways.

No. I'm just basically making fun of Clay and his useless stat. My basic opinion of Smith is that he was the best option available when we traded for him. I would like to see an upgrade at the position. But he is what he is and he is our quarterback for the time being. we could certainly do worse(i.e. Cassel, Kaep, ). I am going to sit back and enjoy the wins and hope that Andy and Alex can bring us a Superbowl title because I'm sick and tired of waiting. I see no sense it sitting around fussing and complaining about a quarterback that is slightly above average when we are winning games and going to the playoffs every year.

Baby Lee
12-04-2016, 08:38 PM

Both ways are damning, but not equally so. Allowing 24 points significantly lowers EVERYONE's winning percentage. Alex was particularly woeful on that front, but few if any excel on it.

Objectively, any team 3-1 in games where they give up 24 is a great metric. For Alex to be part of it at this point is near miraculous.

NJChiefsFan
12-04-2016, 08:39 PM
No. I'm just basically making fun of Clay and his useless stat. My basic opinion of Smith is that he was the best option available when we traded for him. I would like to see an upgrade at the position. But he is what he is and he is our quarterback for the time being. we could certainly do worse(i.e. Cassel, Kaep, ). I am going to sit back and enjoy the wins and hope that Andy and Alex can bring us a Superbowl title because I'm sick and tired of waiting. I see no sense it sitting around fussing and complaining about a quarterback that is slightly above average when we are winning games and going to the playoffs every year.

Ok. I personally think that stat does have significance, but not some smoking gun that Clay thought it was. It's a piece of a whole that is Alex Smith's style. It can't be argued though that he has had his 4th quarters for SF and KC. He isn't the worst and he isn't the best. Hopefully this year's results let him trust himself in big spots later in the year.

In the end I'm kind of like you. I'm in for the ride but not gonna pretend he doesn't have major flaws. Just gonna trust that Dorsey will take a chance at a QB when he sees one.

kcchiefsus
12-04-2016, 08:56 PM
I'm not a Smith ballwasher, but he was on target all game long, except for the pass where he overthrew Ware.

Yet still can almost never manage to throw more than 1 touchdown in a game. 1 passing touchdown a game in today's passing NFL is pathetic.

Lzen
12-04-2016, 09:10 PM
Ok. I personally think that stat does have significance, but not some smoking gun that Clay thought it was. It's a piece of a whole that is Alex Smith's style. It can't be argued though that he has had his 4th quarters for SF and KC. He isn't the worst and he isn't the best. Hopefully this year's results let him trust himself in big spots later in the year.

In the end I'm kind of like you. I'm in for the ride but not gonna pretend he doesn't have major flaws. Just gonna trust that Dorsey will take a chance at a QB when he sees one.

Well said.

Saccopoo
12-04-2016, 10:04 PM
http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i58/2/5/30/frabz-Oh-boy-Here-we-go-with-this-shit-again-05cb77.jpg

Bob Dole
12-04-2016, 10:44 PM

Nick Foles would be 4-0.

TripleThreat
12-04-2016, 10:57 PM

There is not one quarterback in the history of the nfl that has a winning record when the opponent scores over 24 points, as long as you are comparing qbs with a more than 20 starts under there belts....

If you look up other elite qbs in the nfl and look at there records when the opponents score over 24 points, their records are pretty bad too

NJChiefsFan
12-04-2016, 11:19 PM
There is not one quarterback in the history of the nfl that has a winning record when the opponent scores over 24 points, as long as you are comparing qbs with a more than 20 starts under there belts....

If you look up other elite qbs in the nfl and look at there records when the opponents score over 24 points, their records are pretty bad too

I'm aware. It's why it isn't some smoking gun. It does speak to what Alex needs more than those qbs, which is a balanced team around him.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-04-2016, 11:25 PM
I'm aware. It's why it isn't some smoking gun. It does speak to what Alex needs more than those qbs, which is a balanced team around him.

Wait, when did Peyton, Brady , Flacco, Mannings, Rodgers ever win a Superbowl without a balanced team?

You should look at the average points scored against those SB teams thru the playoffs cause they sure as hell weren't shootouts

RunKC
12-04-2016, 11:27 PM
Alex had a couple of fuck up's today but he sealed the win and did it with no running game.

It was easily our worst rushing game of the season. 15 carries for 29 yards for Ware and West today. Good god

NJChiefsFan
12-04-2016, 11:29 PM
Alex had a couple of **** up's today but he sealed the win and did it with no running game.

It was easily our worst rushing game of the season. 15 carries for 29 yards for Ware and West today. Good god

It's becoming more and more concerning. West seems to be vanishing altogether.

oaklandhater
12-04-2016, 11:47 PM
Nick Foles would be 4-0.

Give me back my shit DOLE

http://i68.tinypic.com/j7ua6c.jpg

Pitt Gorilla
12-04-2016, 11:50 PM
Perfect thread is perfect.

beach tribe
12-05-2016, 07:17 AM
Tuck, pest, nwo, oak if those guys aren't on your ignore list youre just adding clutter to your screen

Or you are pussy that can't handle or accept the opinions of others.

Beach tribes ignore function has never been used.
And his mouth has never been abused.

You and I could not be any different.

You are and your ignore are pussified and American.

beach tribe
12-05-2016, 07:20 AM
Wait, when did Peyton, Brady , Flacco, Mannings, Rodgers ever win a Superbowl without a balanced team?

You should look at the average points scored against those SB teams thru the playoffs cause they sure as hell weren't shootouts

I'm pretty Rodgers had like the worst D in the NFL. 2006 or some shit.

Could be wrong, but I remember some Vermeilesque Defense.