PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs It's entirely possible all is not well with the Poe.

Direckshun
12-08-2016, 02:26 PM
If you're one of those people who read tea leaves.

The Chiefs elevated T.J. Barnes recently.

They also worked out Montori Hughes and Kendrick Ellis.

All three players weigh at least 340 lbs.

TEX
12-08-2016, 02:28 PM

Of course he's possibly not well - Big Dude's with back issues / surgery = tricky...

Reerun_KC
12-08-2016, 02:28 PM
Bad back for DL usually is a death sentence... I wouldn't be surprised to see them go DL real early in the draft this year as an insurance policy...

LOCOChief
12-08-2016, 02:29 PM
It wouldn't surprise me, back issues are a killer. I was worried he'd never be the same player again and he really hasn't.

Saccopoo
12-08-2016, 02:33 PM
He hasn't had his best season so far. However, I'd also look at this as a double down insurance wise on Howard as well.

They have to have another guy in there just in case.

If I were playing John Dorsey, I'd send a 7th round pick to the Dolphins and get Nick Williams back ASAP.

Frosty
12-08-2016, 02:33 PM
True, but Reyes is ailing as well, which leaves them a bit thin at the DL.

DeepSouth
12-08-2016, 02:34 PM

I thought T.J. Barnes was elevated when they lost Howard for the season? I assume anyone they work out after that would be to replace Barnes on the practice squad.

ModSocks
12-08-2016, 02:35 PM
I thought T.J. Barnes was elevated when they lost Howard for the season? .

Pretty sure you are correct.

Saccopoo
12-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Bad back for DL usually is a death sentence... I wouldn't be surprised to see them go DL real early in the draft this year as an insurance policy...

Somebody like Lowell Lotulelei wouldn't be a shock as our first rounder in 2017. He's the best NT in the draft.

KCUnited
12-08-2016, 02:38 PM
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b539/KCUnited1/Debbie_Downer_zpsvlhi4swz.png

Direckshun
12-08-2016, 02:48 PM
I thought T.J. Barnes was elevated when they lost Howard for the season? I assume anyone they work out after that would be to replace Barnes on the practice squad.

Neither Hughes or Ellis are eligible for the PS.

Titty Meat
12-08-2016, 02:49 PM
A guy who had back surgery last year and back spasms this year. Who would have thought? Great thread.

RealSNR
12-08-2016, 02:57 PM
Where the hell is Fangupo?

Is he the greatest? No. Does he know the system? Yes. Does he know the team? Yes. Can he be serviceable? Probably better than TJ Barnes can.

Direckshun
12-08-2016, 02:59 PM
Barnes was okay-decent against the Falcons.

Falcons have one of the best center-guard combinations in the league, too. Mack and Levitre is no picnic.

Titty Meat
12-08-2016, 03:22 PM
Barnes wasn't very good it's probably why they brought in a few guys Tuesday.

Skyy God
12-08-2016, 03:34 PM
He hasn't had his best season so far. However, I'd also look at this as a double down insurance wise on Howard as well.

They have to have another guy in there just in case.

If I were playing John Dorsey, I'd send a 7th round pick to the Dolphins and get Nick Williams back ASAP.

Trade deadline has come and gone.

Chiefspants
12-08-2016, 03:42 PM
Just here with my weekly "this may be why we should prioritize Berry over Poe," comment.

This type of injury is only going to worsen with increased age, strain and brutality. Gronk's injuries are a good indication of Poe's future trajectory, and Gronk isn't carrying Poe's weight or experiencing that level of punishment in the trenches.

Go Royals
12-08-2016, 03:44 PM
Dorsey has drafted a player to replace someone he either plans to let go or is going to be too expensive to keep. He drafted Chris Jones who plays the same position as Poe. He's already gone

Willie Lanier
12-08-2016, 03:46 PM

Man I hate you...

Not for personal reasons, just because your big picture stuff depresses me

mcaj22
12-08-2016, 03:46 PM
I do think Poe has a lot of mileage on him between college and the pros. He's been basically ridden into the ground by playing such a large snap count as large interior dlineman. I think he might have years taken off the end of his career because of it. Probably won't see him playing into his early-mid 30s.

Easy 6
12-08-2016, 03:49 PM
I'd hate to let him go, but if he really is damaged goods... its the only responsible thing to do

Direckshun
12-08-2016, 04:23 PM
Man I hate you...

Not for personal reasons, just because your big picture stuff depresses me

LMAO

I'll deal.

Direckshun
02-01-2017, 12:45 PM
Montori Hughes has been signed to a futures contract.

Our NT roster, as it stands:

Jaye Howard
TJ Barnes
Montori Hughes

Dontari Poe is, of course, set to be a free agent unless he gets tagged or signs a deal.

Rasputin
02-01-2017, 02:07 PM
As long as he doesn't go play for Denver I think I'm ok letting him go. fuck Denver.

Tebow Hog Pass

BigRedChief
02-01-2017, 02:22 PM
Montori Hughes has been signed to a futures contract.

Our NT roster, as it stands:

Jaye Howard
TJ Barneserry
Montori Hughes's

Dontari Poe is, of course, set to be a free agent unless he gets tagged or signs a deal.ive said all along that Poe is gone. Berry will get his money. Houston and Berry getting top NFL $ doesn't leave a lot more $ to spend on another top $ defense position. We are going to need the money elsewhere.

Our defense is not the issue. Hate to see Poe go but such is life in the NFL. You can't keep every great player you ever had forever.

RealSNR
02-01-2017, 02:27 PM
Dorsey has drafted a player to replace someone he either plans to let go or is going to be too expensive to keep. He drafted Chris Jones who plays the same position as Poe. He's already gone

I've never once seen Chris Jones line up at the 0.

Yes, Poe occasionally goes to the 3 or 5, but that doesn't mean playing the same position.

alpha_omega
02-01-2017, 02:36 PM
.....Berry will get his money. Houston and Berry getting top NFL $ doesn't leave a lot more $ to spend on another top $ defense position. We are going to need the money elsewhere.

Our defense is not the issue. Hate to see Poe go but such is life in the NFL. You can't keep every great player you ever had forever.

I agree with all of that...plus....back issues inevitably means bad news.

BigRedChief
02-01-2017, 02:41 PM
I agree with all of that...plus....back issues inevitably means bad news.Jones, Howard, Houston, Ford, Hali should be good enough to hold serve with Poe being gone.

Losing Berry would be a way bigger blow to the defense.

Hammock Parties
02-01-2017, 02:51 PM
Not worth the $ he will command.

Bye big fella. It was fun.

KChiefs1
02-01-2017, 02:54 PM
I wouldn't sign the Hungry Pig.

Bye bye...its been a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gblowfish
02-01-2017, 02:55 PM
I don't think they'll miss Poe any greater than they missed Glenn Dorsey or Tyson Jackson when they left. He's been a pro bowl NT, but now he's damaged goods. Bring on the next contestant. That's the way the NFL works.

OldSchool
02-01-2017, 03:03 PM
I don't think they'll miss Poe any greater than they missed Glenn Dorsey or Tyson Jackson when they left. He's been a pro bowl NT, but now he's damaged goods. Bring on the next contestant. That's the way the NFL works.

Poe hasn't been as dominant as people make him out to be and he is on a decline due to his back issues.

ct
02-01-2017, 03:11 PM
Unless his market does not turn out to be what he thinks it should be, i dont see poe coming back either. Let him go to the highest bidder, slide howard into NT and grab a fatty in the mid rounds.\

Jones, Howard, Nacho with Bailey the swing man plus prospects, i am perfectly happy with that!

Pasta Little Brioni
02-01-2017, 03:15 PM
Ban Voyager. Signing that turd means jack crap about Poe.

Direckshun
02-01-2017, 03:16 PM
I've never once seen Chris Jones line up at the 0.

He did in training camp. I personally observed it.

Prison Bitch
02-01-2017, 03:16 PM
How will we replace his 0 tackles and 0 sacks in our biggest game in probably 20 years?

scho63
02-01-2017, 03:23 PM
I think the fact that there was no Jaye Howard or Allen Bailey put too much pressure on Poe. Not easy when 2 very good DL starters are out for the year and it all falls on Poe. There is no doubt Chris Jones picked up a lot of the slack but I really don't know how much he helped on the run.