PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mitch Schwartz Appreciation Thread

pugsnotdrugs19
12-09-2016, 02:14 PM
This really went under the radar from last night, but Schwartz was money against whoever Oakland threw at him. Allowed 0 sacks, hits, or pressures the entire game. He is the primary reason we were able to hit so many deep passes.

The OL as a whole was tremendous in pass pro, though the running game needs to elevate (Hi Jamaal). Schwartz struggled with Denver some and he has been playing on a bad ankle, but last night he looked like the guy the Chiefs paid for. Lets hope he is finally healthy as the offense continues to take steps in the right direction.

T-post Tom
12-09-2016, 03:03 PM
Nice take. O-line did a great job.

kccrow
12-09-2016, 03:23 PM
People have been down on this guy for no apparent reason this year, but I think he's been pretty fucking money throughout the season. Definitely a huge upgrade over the dog shit we've had at the position for years.

DaneMcCloud
12-09-2016, 03:29 PM
People have been down on this guy for no apparent reason this year, but I think he's been pretty fucking money throughout the season. Definitely a huge upgrade over the dog shit we've had at the position for years.

:facepalm:

You're not watching his play if you believe there's been "no apparent reason".

Good fucking grief.

Sandy Vagina
12-09-2016, 03:48 PM
Meet in the middle. Schwartz has not been ass, nor has he been the All-Pro addition we hoped for. He has been decent, and likely better than any other realistic option KC had.

I thought the OL was pretty good in pass pro, aside from the Fisher whiff on the sack/fumble.

On the season, the OL has been rather lousy in run blocking though. The run blocking, Alex's lack of running, and Maclin's... ??? well whatever is going on with Maclin... is where the offensive disappointment has been.

Mav
12-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Meet in the middle. Schwartz has not been ass, nor has he been the All-Pro addition we hoped for. He has been decent, and likely better than any other realistic option KC had.

I thought the OL was pretty good in pass pro, aside from the Fisher whiff on the sack/fumble.

On the season, the OL has been rather lousy in run blocking though. The run blocking, Alex's lack of running, and Maclin's... ??? well whatever is going on with Maclin... is where the offensive disappointment has been.

He's the best right tackle in football and it's not close.

Mr. Laz
12-09-2016, 03:58 PM
Might have been schwartz's best game as a Chief

Fisher played well too until .........

Our run blocking still isn't good enough though.

Could be tightend blocking
lack of respect for passing game
Could also be playcalling
All of the above?

We are dealing with stunts and twists much better though. It's more just the run blocking.

kccrow
12-09-2016, 04:00 PM
Anyone have PFF that can give the total pressures given up by our O-lineman so far? Sacks/Hurries/Total is what I'm looking for. They aren't the greatest source in the world for everything, but they are one of only a couple that track it.

Mr. Laz
12-09-2016, 04:03 PM
I don't know about that.

He has had his share of struggles.

Mav
12-09-2016, 04:05 PM
I don't know about that.

He has had his share of struggles.

Okay. Before I typed that I did this. Please find one that's better. I think you will be stunned at how bad most right tackles are.

Mr. Laz
12-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Okay. Before I typed that I did this. Please find one that's better. I think you will be stunned at how bad most right tackles are.
I can't tell you one that is better. I'm not looking to try to find one that is better.

All i said is ...

'i don't know '

and

'he's had his share of struggles'

kccrow
12-09-2016, 04:10 PM
I understand where Dane is coming from because I do know that Schwartz gave up a handful of sacks early on this season, but I can't recall him doing so in a while. He usually gives up around 7 iirc, but his total QB pressures is almost always among the top 5 in the NFL for his position. One reason I'm curious about his stats so far this season.

There just doesn't seem to be a monumental amount of pressure coming off the edges and it seems to be late. That and Alex was rolling into some outside pressure early in the year that made my head spin. Seems like the bulk of KC's problems has been between the tackles.

Mav
12-09-2016, 04:12 PM
I can't tell you one that is better. I'm not looking to try to find one that is better.

All i said is ...

'i don't know '

and

'he's had his share of struggles'

I understand. But I've watched Schwartz his entire career. He's come so far.

Mr. Laz
12-09-2016, 04:18 PM
I understand. But I've watched Schwartz his entire career. He's come so far.I'm not trying to put him down.

He has solidified our Oline and that was a huge addition for us. No complaints.

Just not ready to declare him "best RT, not even close" yet.

scho63
12-09-2016, 04:28 PM
Alex Smith gets the ball out faster than any other QB in the NFL.

DaneMcCloud
12-09-2016, 04:29 PM

Maybe when he's healthy but he was ass raped by Shaq Barrett and Von Miller in Denver

Mr. Laz
12-09-2016, 04:37 PM
Our QB gets the ball out as fast as anyone
Ware runs as hard as just about anyone
Our Fullback blocks as good as anyone

Our Oline still isn't really good enough to take advantage of those things.

Several other factors though. Playcalling,Wide Receivers,QB accuracy/proficiency.

We let the defense line up too many players too close to the LoS. That makes it hard for Oline to identify who's coming.

Maclin hasn't been right all year, we need a stud WR.
Alex Smith needs to be better consistently
Playcalling needs to be open consistently

run blocking is still weak though

Kman34
12-09-2016, 05:04 PM
Might have been schwartz's best game as a Chief

Fisher played well too until .........

Our run blocking still isn't good enough though.

Could be tightend blocking
lack of respect for passing game
Could also be playcalling
All of the above?

We are dealing with stunts and twists much better though. It's more just the run blocking.

Fisher got his shit pushed in the second half...

Mr. Laz
12-09-2016, 05:09 PM
Fisher got his shit pushed in the second half...
He definitely got roughed up a few plays.

Not the entire half though,

if he had we wouldn't have been able to do anything at all.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-09-2016, 05:30 PM
Great performance

NJChiefsFan
12-09-2016, 10:43 PM
Our QB gets the ball out as fast as anyone
Ware runs as hard as just about anyone
Our Fullback blocks as good as anyone

Our Oline still isn't really good enough to take advantage of those things.

Several other factors though. Playcalling,Wide Receivers,QB accuracy/proficiency.

We let the defense line up too many players too close to the LoS. That makes it hard for Oline to identify who's coming.

Maclin hasn't been right all year, we need a stud WR.
Alex Smith needs to be better consistently
Playcalling needs to be open consistently

run blocking is still weak though

If Alex can start picking up third downs with his feet again and our run blocking improves at least 10%, I think our offense will find the consistency we are looking for.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-09-2016, 11:23 PM
If Alex can start picking up third downs with his feet again and our run blocking improves at least 10%, I think our offense will find the consistency we are looking for.

No No No. You don't put weapons on the field and sign a guy like Schwartz to protect your QB so that he wastes his energy running for yards and being put in harms way. There is absolutely no correlation with the # of times Smith runs in a game and success in winning. The occasional first down in a big time moment, sure. But the game needs to be won from the pocket especially in the WCO. Get the ball out early, spread the field, wear down your defenders.

thabear04
12-10-2016, 03:20 AM
Saw Schwartz at Q39 when I went to go eat. Big dude didn't ask for an autograph didn't wanna bother him.

KCJake
12-10-2016, 03:37 AM

Easy to do when you're only throwing it 3 yards.

RunKC
12-12-2016, 09:05 AM
Man Mitch made Mack his bitch in that game. Just dominated him the entire time.

It was beautiful

Sandy Vagina
12-12-2016, 09:29 AM
Easy to do when you're only throwing it 3 yards.

His yds/avr is 17th in the League... above Rodgers, Carr, Newton, Palmer, Flacco, and more. :shake:

Bob Dole
12-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Peter King named Mitch one of his offensive players of the week in his MMQB article. mmqb.si.com

ChiefAshhole1056
12-12-2016, 02:24 PM
Have to think the ankle had been bothering him awhile, he seems to have settled in just in time.