PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs New Pro Bowl Competitions

ChiefAshhole1056
12-12-2016, 03:47 PM
So it looks the NFL has finally listened to their fans for once, and they have added new competitive events for the probowl week. Which Chiefs deserve a spot on these squads (I'm assuming Hill is going to be everyones pick for the Relay)?

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/PRO-BOWL-SKILLS-SHOWDOWN.aspx

-Dodgeball

-Power Relay

-Precision Passing

-Best Hands

ChiefAshhole1056
12-12-2016, 03:50 PM
I actually suppose a better question would be: Would KC have the best 4-man relay team in the league with Hill, DAT, Conley, (insert other fast guy here)?

Chiefnj2
12-12-2016, 03:50 PM
They should have an obstacle course. Winner gets to pick which team has to lose a home game and play in Mexico City next year.

Rain Man
12-12-2016, 03:51 PM
I actually suppose a better question would be: Would KC have the best 4-man relay team in the league with Hill, DAT, Conley, (insert other fast guy here)?

Jamaal on the anchor if he's able? If not, you're going with Parker, I think.

In58men
12-12-2016, 03:55 PM
NFL trying to sell their product. Just do away with the pro bowl, it has been a joke for years.

alpha_omega
12-12-2016, 04:02 PM
Dodgeball????

Dumb. Just make it a flag football game.

Amnorix
12-12-2016, 04:06 PM
Eliminate the Pro Bowl and go with something more like what they're doing here. Skills competitions and the like.

Hell, I would seriously rather watch teams play against each other in something like the old "Battle of the Network Stars" show. Obstacle course, etc. Each NFL team can nominate, whatever, 5 guys or 7 guys and they have a mix of events.

Though I dont' know that I'd watch, my chances of watching are higher than zero, which is what the Pro Bowl has.

carcosa
12-12-2016, 04:07 PM
Dodgeball????

Awesome! It'll be fun to watch elite athletes play a fun gym class game!

The Franchise
12-12-2016, 04:07 PM
Dodgeball? Fuck that shit.

I'm ok with the passing and catching drills though. Although I'm not sure I'd want anyone from my team trying to run and stop on a dime....and then blowing out their knee.

-King-
12-12-2016, 04:10 PM
Yes to everything except dodgeball.

How the hell did they come up with dodgeball as a choice?
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6
12-12-2016, 04:11 PM
Eliminate the Pro Bowl and go with something more like what they're doing here. Skills competitions and the like.

Hell, I would seriously rather watch teams play against each other in something like the old "Battle of the Network Stars" show. Obstacle course, etc. Each NFL team can nominate, whatever, 5 guys or 7 guys and they have a mix of events.

Totally this

The game is pointless, just do the skills competitions like they used to have... let everyone clown around and have fun

Bowser
12-12-2016, 04:11 PM
Can't wait until the NFL has them playing chess for fear of concussion or other serious injury leading up to the all important Pro Bowl game.

carcosa
12-12-2016, 04:19 PM
Y'all hate fun. Dodgeball is a great choice.

sedated
12-12-2016, 04:35 PM
Each NFL team can nominate, whatever, 5 guys or 7 guys and they have a mix of events.

I'm not sure what each team nominating guys has to do with the Pro Bowl, though. I assumed these events would be for people actually voted in, not just every team picking out the players that would be best at each event.

eDave
12-12-2016, 04:39 PM
Dodgeball is a good way to break a finger or twist a knee or ankle. Odd choice.

Rooster
12-12-2016, 04:40 PM
Totally this

The game is pointless, just do the skills competitions like they used to have... let everyone clown around and have fun

I used to love the skills competition. They were the only reason a person would tune it.

Remember how the QBs used to throw chalk tipped footballs at moving golf carts funning slants and then have the distance throws. I want to say Cunningham threw a ball 80 yards in the air one year or something crazy like that.

Bowser
12-12-2016, 04:44 PM
Dodgeball is a good way to break a finger or twist a knee or ankle. Odd choice.

Who was the guy that totally wrecked his knee playing touch football on the beach? Fred Taylor? I'm surprised the NFL would let them do anything of that magnitude again.

TimeForWasp
12-12-2016, 04:47 PM

Tyreek is so fast , he could run two legs of the relay and they would never know he entered the event.

Rooster
12-12-2016, 04:51 PM
Who was the guy that totally wrecked his knee playing touch football on the beach? Fred Taylor? I'm surprised the NFL would let them do anything of that magnitude again.

He was a rookie for New England that had a very promising future. I can't think of his name though. I don't think he ever played again.

That's pretty much when all the fun stuff stopped. Good point.

sedated
12-12-2016, 04:54 PM
He was a rookie for New England that had a very promising future. I can't think of his name though. I don't think he ever played again.

Robert Edwards. Either I was watching that or have seen the replay enough times to think I was

The Franchise
12-12-2016, 04:54 PM

Robert Edwards.

The Franchise
12-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Want to see the injury?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rXIIW1Bs52M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser
12-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Yep, Edwards. Good job, Sedated. Good job Q'ing, Pestilence. :D

The Franchise
12-12-2016, 04:57 PM
Yep, Edwards. Good job, Sedated. Good job Q'ing, Pestilence. :D

Did Sedated post the video? NO, HE FUCKING DIDN'T!!!!

Bowser
12-12-2016, 05:06 PM
LMAO

And is that Edwards' leg flopping around after the fall? Ugh.

IIRC, that pass was thrown by Peyton. Peyton set up the Patriots' future star to ruin his career on a beach in Hawaii. What an asshole.

Kman34
12-12-2016, 05:27 PM
No canoe relay in the pool???

Easy 6
12-12-2016, 05:27 PM
I used to love the skills competition. They were the only reason a person would tune it.

Remember how the QBs used to throw chalk tipped footballs at moving golf carts funning slants and then have the distance throws. I want to say Cunningham threw a ball 80 yards in the air one year or something crazy like that.

Yep, that kind of stuff is entertaining and fun, you could always tell the players were having a good time

Dayze
12-12-2016, 05:56 PM
are players selected to the pro-bowl obligated to attend? and/or participate?

If I had multi-million dollar speed or a golden arm, I sure as fuck wouldn't be participating in the pro-bowl in past, present, or current form.

eDave
12-12-2016, 06:01 PM
are players selected to the pro-bowl obligated to attend? and/or participate?

If I had multi-million dollar speed or a golden arm, I sure as **** wouldn't be participating in the pro-bowl in past, present, or current form.

Pro-bowlers opt out all the time. How do you think Smith gets in?

KChiefs1
12-12-2016, 06:24 PM
Y'all hate fun. Dodgeball is a great choice.

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KChiefs1
12-12-2016, 06:24 PM
No canoe relay in the pool???

Superteams competition.

https://youtu.be/xgsRIKxLSPw

https://youtu.be/jdgV_vCLMxQ

https://youtu.be/FL3QjwebgUw

https://youtu.be/-ZeuQVi-sVw

SAUTO
12-12-2016, 07:53 PM

83 yards I think it was. Crazy.

It was at the nfl quarterbacks challenge.

BryanBusby
12-12-2016, 08:01 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6Ztrj2XFJG3oxCuc/giphy.gif

SAUTO
12-12-2016, 08:12 PM
Scott Mitchell LOL

BryanBusby
12-12-2016, 08:12 PM
That's actually Joey Harrington

SAUTO
12-12-2016, 08:51 PM
That's actually Joey Harrington

Damn I was way off lol

BryanBusby
12-12-2016, 08:55 PM
I remember watching that live like wow holy shit that actually just happened lol

DenverChief
12-12-2016, 09:49 PM

Peters....

Valiant
12-12-2016, 10:27 PM
Meh. I still like my idea.

Skills playoffs. Each division selects its top contributors.
Qb, rb, wr, wr, te, ot, g, c
Ilb, olb/de, olb/de, nt, s, cb, k, punt.

Teams would consist of best of each division not in the super bowl.

Go head to head against each other playoff style. Each victory means the next contest becomes more difficult.

IE, wrs run route at 20 yards and catch the blind balls in succession through the routes. Pts for time and catches.

If you division wins. The next same stage would be 40 yards with 3 extra thrown balls.

We would actually get a legit full day of events.
Afcw......w.......w.........w
Afcn
Afce.......w
Afcs
Nfcn........w.......w
Nfcs
Nfce.........w
Nfcw

Screw the actual game.

Get rid of the fan vote. Nfl decides the voting option for the best of each division from stats. Then the players vote for each division but their own.

Also. Dodge ball is probably one of the worse things for them to do. 3 or 4 of them might throw out their arms. A tournament could mean they throw 100s of times. Hell I average 30 to 40 in each of my games. A day of it could cause a problem, ala when they did sand flag football.

big nasty kcnut
12-13-2016, 12:31 AM
Dat,conley,hill and west blow every one out in relays

Buehler445
12-13-2016, 12:51 AM

It's Parker. He put up 4.35.

Rain Man
12-13-2016, 12:56 AM
32 teams enter the tournament, and each enters one player per event. You get 32 points for coming in first, 31 for second, and so on. There are 10 events.

1. 100 yard dash
2. Chess
3. Bench press
4. Trivial Pursuit
5. Obstacle course
6. Picking up women in a bar
7. 50-mile cross-country race
8. Family Feud
9. Archery
10. Sumo

ChiefAshhole1056
12-13-2016, 01:45 AM
32 teams enter the tournament, and each enters one player per event. You get 32 points for coming in first, 31 for second, and so on. There are 10 events.

1. 100 yard dash
2. Chess
3. Bench press
4. Trivial Pursuit
5. Obstacle course
8. Family Feud
9. Archery
10. Sumo

Spelling bee

Rain Man
12-13-2016, 01:52 AM
Spelling bee

Oh, that would be a good one. Let's add it.

Dartgod
12-13-2016, 08:30 AM
Robert Edwards. Either I was watching that or have seen the replay enough times to think I was

Edwards was chosen by the New England Patriots in the first round of the 1998 NFL Draft. He rushed for 1,115 yards for the Patriots in the 1998 National Football League season, before blowing out his knee at an NFL rookie flag football game in Hawaii during Pro Bowl week. Edwards barely escaped the injury without having his leg amputated below the knee, and he was told he might not walk again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Edwards_(gridiron_football)

:eek:

Jewish Rabbi
12-13-2016, 08:41 AM
Well the Chiefs will be resting for the Super Bowl, so no skills competition for them.

Amnorix
12-13-2016, 09:25 AM
Want to see the injury?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rXIIW1Bs52M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JFC I remember that. Just awful. Absoluely awful. Pretty much wrecked Pete Carroll's tenure in New England. Our GM at the time, Grier, didn't make many good picks, so the talent was steadily depleting. Losing Edwards was a massive blow after we had lost Curtis Martin.

Direckshun
12-13-2016, 09:29 AM

Though I dont' know that I'd watch, my chances of watching are higher than zero, which is what the Pro Bowl has.

This is genius.

KChiefs1
12-13-2016, 09:30 AM

1. 100 yard dash

2. Chess

3. Bench press

4. Trivial Pursuit

5. Obstacle course

8. Family Feud

9. Archery

10. Sumo

No bowling?

KChiefs1
12-13-2016, 12:33 PM
https://youtu.be/GqSzQig4fos

Lonewolf Ed
12-13-2016, 12:34 PM
Without "cornhole" and a piņata, I won't watch the Pro Bowl. :harumph:

Rain Man
12-13-2016, 03:47 PM
JFC I remember that. Just awful. Absoluely awful. Pretty much wrecked Pete Carroll's tenure in New England. Our GM at the time, Grier, didn't make many good picks, so the talent was steadily depleting. Losing Edwards was a massive blow after we had lost Curtis Martin.

That was bad to watch. That was really, really bad.

Rain Man
12-13-2016, 03:48 PM
No bowling?

I'm not sure NFL players would be good enough at bowling.