PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 10 years ago today we lost Lamar Hunt

RunKC
12-13-2016, 10:07 AM
It's crazy to think he's been gone for 10 years.

Thank you for giving us the Chiefs, and a lot of other things in this league, Lamar. RIP

Reerun_KC
12-13-2016, 10:12 AM
Need a permanent Thursday night Thanksgiving game in his honor for the chiefs.

Pointer19
12-13-2016, 10:32 AM
Wow. I think I had just started going to games around that time. RIP, big man.

Mile High Mania
12-13-2016, 10:48 AM

Well, they did put his name on the AFC Conference Title.

munkey
12-13-2016, 11:05 AM
wow...seems like yesterday...I'll never forget sitting next to Jerry Jones and Carl Peterson at his funeral in Dallas. He really was one of a kind and like my Dad think of him always and often.

Dartgod
12-13-2016, 11:07 AM

Which the Chiefs have NEVER won. :cuss:

KChiefs1
12-13-2016, 12:34 PM

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KChiefs1
12-13-2016, 12:35 PM

Founder of the league like Halas is on the NFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gblowfish
12-13-2016, 12:49 PM
I'm still kind of mad at Lamar for putting the team on auto-pilot from 1972 to 1989. That was two mostly lost decades where, after Lamar won his trophy and got put in the Pro Football HOF, he just let Jack Steadman run the team into the ground. All those years before the King Carl era were just wasted, while Lamar played with other toys like MLS, and the Chicago Bulls, and doing other stuff that interested him more. It's a travesty that this team has NEVER won the trophy with their founder's name on it. You'd think the organization would have more pride, but apparently, they don't.

WilliamTheIrish
12-13-2016, 02:35 PM
I'm still kind of mad at Lamar for putting the team on auto-pilot from 1972 to 1989. That was two mostly lost decades where, after Lamar won his trophy and got put in the Pro Football HOF, he just let Jack Steadman run the team into the ground. All those years before the King Carl era were just wasted, while Lamar played with other toys like MLS, and the Chicago Bulls, and doing other stuff that interested him more. It's a travesty that this team has NEVER won the trophy with their founder's name on it. You'd think the organization would have more pride, but apparently, they don't.

It's just what Lamar did. He held onto the SB winning players too long and he held onto Steadman and Jim Schaaf too long. But they delivered two SB appearances so I can't really dislike them.

Rausch
12-13-2016, 02:37 PM
It doesn't seem like that long.

OctoberFart
12-13-2016, 02:46 PM
He was a good man. Too bad he never won his trophy.

CoMoChief
12-13-2016, 03:00 PM
I was at that thanksgiving night game vs denver after his death. Ccr played at halftime. We sent Jake plummer into retirement that night. The rat pulled him for cutler. The whole stadium chanted "Jake plummer sucks"

srvy
12-13-2016, 03:40 PM
Was a bad year for me lost my dad 3 weeks before Lamar passed.

RIP Lamar and Dad two guys that really had an impact on my life.

HemiEd
12-13-2016, 03:48 PM
Just shortly before he passed, he whispered to Clark from his death bed "remember, never spend a 1st on a QB, ever."

Rain Man
12-13-2016, 07:30 PM
I was at that thanksgiving night game vs denver after his death. Ccr played at halftime. We sent Jake plummer into retirement that night. The rat pulled him for cutler. The whole stadium chanted "Jake plummer sucks"

That sounds like a nice tribute to him.

Chief Northman
12-13-2016, 07:47 PM
It's crazy to think he's been gone for 10 years.

Thank you for giving us the Chiefs, and a lot of other things in this league, Lamar. RIP

Nice work RunKC.

Thank you Mr. Lamar Hunt!