PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs' Andy Reid and Travis Kelce can make history this Sunday,

Mr. Laz
12-16-2016, 11:10 PM
Chiefs' Andy Reid and Travis Kelce can make history this Sunday

KANSAS CITY, MO - NOVEMBER 6:
By: Wesley Roesch | December 15, 2016 12:18 pm

A couple of Chiefs have a chance to set records during this Sunday’s matchup against the Tennessee Titans.

First up, coach Andy Reid can get to 183 total career wins with a Week 15 win over Tennessee. With 183 wins, he would surpass Tom Coughlin and tie Pro Football Hall of Famer Bill Parcells.

With a win Sunday Reid would have 183 career wins passing Tom Coughlin & tying Bill Parcells on the list of most wins by an NFL Head Coach.

— KC Football Guy (@KC_Football_Guy) December 15, 2016

The win would also put Reid 11th overall in total coaching wins, just below guys like Chuck Knox (193), Dan Reeves (201) and Marty Schottenheimer (205). Considering Reid has plenty years of coaching left under his belt, he could easily surpass those guys.

The other Chief that can make history is tight end Travis Kelce. If Kelce has 100 receiving yards this Sunday, he’ll become the first tight end in NFL history with five-straight 100-yard-receiving games.

With a 100 yard receiving day Sunday @tkelce would become the only TE in NFL history to have 5 consecutive 100 yard receiving games.

— KC Football Guy (@KC_Football_Guy) December 15, 2016

Kelce already tied a Kansas City record with the great Tony Gonzalez by bringing in four straight 100-yard-receiving games. He has been on a roll lately, so don’t be surprised if he makes the record.

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2016/12/15/andy-reid-and-travis-kelce-can-make-history-this-sunday/

cabletech94
12-16-2016, 11:27 PM
apparently i will be there to (hopefully) witness history.
i'll wear a coat, i guess.

The Franchise
12-17-2016, 12:08 AM
Kelce should be able to do it against that defense.

carcosa
12-17-2016, 12:54 AM
HELL YEAH!!!!!! Cheifs

Simply Red
12-17-2016, 01:33 AM
HELL YEAH!!!!!! Cheifs

We'll be FF.

MMXcalibur
12-17-2016, 02:23 AM
We'll be FF.

Titans are going to destroy us.
Chiefs lose, 38-10

Nickhead
12-17-2016, 02:59 AM
i say this jokingly, but i could see reid gameplanning to use kelce as a decoy, and neither end up with the record.

but in all seriousness. this game is different than the last matchup. the chiefs have momentum at home. any other year, i would say this is the trap game.

i do think this is maclin's game. if it's not a big one, we cannot count on him to be the number 1 any more this year. he hasn't been right since the last few games last year.

kcchiefsus
12-17-2016, 05:19 AM
i say this jokingly, but i could see reid gameplanning to use kelce as a decoy, and neither end up with the record.

but in all seriousness. this game is different than the last matchup. the chiefs have momentum at home. any other year, i would say this is the trap game.

i do think this is maclin's game. if it's not a big one, we cannot count on him to be the number 1 any more this year. he hasn't been right since the last few games last year.

It's a real kick in the nuts to have lost that 3rd round pick for Maclin and he is having such a shitty year.

ptlyon
12-17-2016, 09:50 AM
Thanks to the fucking media pointing this out.

They'll be bird dogging Kelce all day.

That said, with the weather forecast it looks to be a running game anyway.

Halfcan
12-17-2016, 11:30 AM
Chiefs lose, 38-10

ROFL

Sandy Vagina
12-17-2016, 12:38 PM
I really hope Alex/Andy can get Kelce enough targets to make this happen. Just don't force stupid shit if the coverage is all over him.

That said, with the weather forecast it looks to be a running game anyway.

Not sure how or why, but it looks like the KC pass offense hasn't been too troubled by the weather conditions. (when Andy/Alex elect to be aggressive, and the refs aren't screwing them over)

Hey Maclin. It's time to put all the BS aside, and do what you are capable of.

Rain Man
12-17-2016, 04:58 PM
I really hope Alex/Andy can get Kelce enough targets to make this happen. Just don't force stupid shit if the coverage is all over him.

I worry more about the opposite, not targeting Kelce to keep the "it's a team first" philosophy going. Throw it to the guy who's helping the team the most.

Sandy Vagina
12-17-2016, 05:07 PM
I worry more about the opposite, not targeting Kelce to keep the "it's a team first" philosophy going. Throw it to the guy who's helping the team the most.

nah... can't imagine that. The coverage should dictate who gets what.

If Andy designs a gameplan around making Kelce the 3rd or 4th target in the progression all game long (essentially taking Kelce out of the game, and maybe for your reasoning).. he should be craned up to the goalpost naked, then tarred and feathered.

carcosa
12-17-2016, 05:13 PM
Chiefs lose, 38-10

HELL NO

scorpio
12-17-2016, 05:45 PM
Kelce is going to look great in orange and blue next year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/17/travis-kelce-wonders-if-hed-be-a-bigger-star-in-a-bigger-market/

Smed1065
12-17-2016, 05:53 PM
TK's reply

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/803875983862431744/MtprvjzV_bigger.jpg Travis Kelce Verified account ‏<s>@</s>tkelce (https://twitter.com/tkelce)

<s>@</s>ProFootballTalk (https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk) <s>@</s>PFT_Live (https://twitter.com/PFT_Live) I Love The Kingdom!! Don't get it twisted!!

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 282.133px; padding: 0px; border: medium none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="810124735803719680" title="Twitter Tweet" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 282.133px; padding: 0px; border: medium none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="810124735803719680" title="Twitter Tweet" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Rain Man
12-17-2016, 06:03 PM
The fame ceiling on a tight end isn't that high. Kelce is better off staying in KC and building a legacy, then pursuing TV in the offseason.

Who is the most famous tight end of all time outside football? I really can't think of one. The most famous tight ends are famous because of football. Am I missing someone?

scorpio
12-17-2016, 06:08 PM
The fame ceiling on a tight end isn't that high. Kelce is better off staying in KC and building a legacy, then pursuing TV in the offseason.

Who is the most famous tight end of all time outside football? I really can't think of one. The most famous tight ends are famous because of football. Am I missing someone?

Given the same production, you don't think Tony Gonzalez would have been more marketable in a larger market? That is an odd statement from someone like you.

carcosa
12-17-2016, 07:16 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/17/travis-kelce-wonders-if-hed-be-a-bigger-star-in-a-bigger-market/

EAT SHIT BITCH

Mr. Laz
12-17-2016, 08:00 PM
Given the same production, you don't think Tony Gonzalez would have been more marketable in a larger market? That is an odd statement from someone like you.

why don't you fucking suck on the end of a shotgun

DaFace
12-17-2016, 08:13 PM

:spock:

He's signed with KC through 2021.

Bowser
12-17-2016, 08:21 PM
:spock:

He's signed with KC through 2021.

The NFL will allow Elway to sign Kelce to an extension with the Broncos even though he's under contract with us. The league will give us a sixth round compensatory pick as a thanks for our understanding.