PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Justin March-Lillard designated to return from IR

pugsnotdrugs19
12-21-2016, 05:37 PM
Per Terez Paylor....

The #Chiefs have designated ILB Justin March-Lillard to return from IR. He's still on IR for now but can return. - @TerezPaylor

the Jamaal dream is over. ILB reinforcements apparently proved more prevalent.

OnTheWarpath15
12-21-2016, 05:41 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> activated LB Justin March-Lillard off IR, designating him for return. That means Jamaal Charles is not coming back for playoffs</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/811718009794560000">December 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RunKC
12-21-2016, 05:43 PM
Sorry Jamaal but it's time for you to take a small salary or ride into the sunset. Loved watching you play, but the time has come

carcosa
12-21-2016, 05:44 PM
Damn.....

The Franchise
12-21-2016, 05:46 PM
Welp...

CaliforniaChief
12-21-2016, 05:46 PM
Mixed reaction here.

On one hand, I'm hopeful that March-Lillard can effectively patch the gaping hole we have up the middle. That would be huge.

On the other hand, I had hoped to see Jamaal back for the playoffs as he would have added (if healthy) a much needed burst on offense. I think that tells me that the rumors of his possible return were just that...rumors.

PHOG
12-21-2016, 05:47 PM
:sulk:

Shawny2X4
12-21-2016, 05:51 PM
Disappointing news regarding what this means for Jamaal. Hopefully JML helps solidify the run defense.

MTG#10
12-21-2016, 05:52 PM
Houston missed practice today with swelling in his knee.

Sandy Vagina
12-21-2016, 05:58 PM
Will take that to mean JC was just not looking as ready as hoped for.

Not really much a care for March, but okay whatever. Just want someone(twos) at ILB to step up and lessen the gushing flow of RB gainers.

stevieray

welp, there it is...glad we got that beast game out of him.

Titty Meat
March is terrible

stumppy
12-21-2016, 06:02 PM
Well.......merry fucking christmas.

Coochie liquor
12-21-2016, 06:15 PM
Smurf me in the smurfhole...

DenverChief
12-21-2016, 06:31 PM
March is terrible

So are your football takes, at least March can improve...

Titty Meat
12-21-2016, 06:36 PM
So are your football takes, at least March can improve...

Creative. Explains why you're a security guard at the mall.

The Franchise
12-21-2016, 06:37 PM

Funny.....you talk more about dick than the gay cop.

DenverChief
12-21-2016, 06:38 PM

Awe cute. Did you post that from your parents basement? I think your mother is calling you to the dinner table now ...run along boy.

Titty Meat
12-21-2016, 06:39 PM

You save pics of male posters from here if we're going down that road.

The Franchise
12-21-2016, 06:39 PM

It's called Google, you mouth breather.

The Franchise
12-21-2016, 06:41 PM
Google: Billay Chiefsplanet

Click on Images

Your retarded ass is the first image.

raybec 4

You can find it on google

Titty Meat
Awe cute. Did you post that from your parents basement? I think your mother is calling you to the dinner table now ...run along boy.

Lemme suck your dick for 20 bucks so I can get up out here.

DenverChief

LMAO

Titty Meat
12-21-2016, 06:42 PM
Google: Billay Chiefsplanet

Click on Images

Your retarded ass is the first image.

You have it memorized ROFL you're low key.

The Franchise
12-21-2016, 06:43 PM
I memorized Google. Guys....I think I have a problem.

raybec 4
12-21-2016, 06:44 PM
Lemme suck your dick for 20 bucks so I can get up out here.

That's a shrewd strategy. If you're losing an argument offer up blowies.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-21-2016, 06:53 PM
Get back on topic !!!

Now who's gonna blow DenverChief !

NJChiefsFan
12-21-2016, 06:53 PM

I use a sticky note myself. Maybe I should memorize it. Just can't ever seem to remember how many G's there are.

NJChiefsFan
12-21-2016, 06:54 PM
Anybody think KC actually made a choice here or is Jamal just not getting where they want him? Even struggling at ILB I hope this wasn't them picking an option, and rather them not having one.

Sandy Vagina
12-21-2016, 06:57 PM
Anybody think KC actually made a choice here or is Jamal just not getting where they want him? Even struggling at ILB I hope this wasn't them picking an option, and rather them not having one.

no way. This was all about JC not recovering to a level that was yet satisfactory.

DenverChief
12-21-2016, 06:57 PM

Defense wins championships...

NJChiefsFan
12-21-2016, 08:30 PM
no way. This was all about JC not recovering to a level that was yet satisfactory.

I would assume you are correct. I certainly hope so.

Buckweath
12-21-2016, 09:24 PM

Mostly this plus the fact that DJ Alexander was rubbish against the Titans. He was graded the worst player on the Chiefs defense by PFF.

And as far as I know the Chiefs haven't clinched yet a playoff spot and you can't act like it's a given. Remember a few years ago, the Chiefs needed the planets to align to make the playoffs and it happened. Well, you don't want the opposite happening now so you take all help that you can get to get to the playoffs. Plus, the Chiefs still have a chance to get the 2nd seed in the AFC which would be huge for their SB aspirations, maybe more so than getting a healthy Charles in the playoffs. Well, Charles won't help you get that 2nd seed so again you take all help that you can have right now, especially considering the fact that ILB is a clear weakness right now.

I feel like it is the right decision but I'm thinking really that Charles just didn't look like he was going to be 100% come playoff time.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2016, 09:36 PM
Jamaal will not be a chief next year.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-21-2016, 09:42 PM
March is awful

splatbass
12-21-2016, 09:43 PM
welp, there it is...glad we got that beast game out of him.

Reid didn't sound like it was a big deal.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2016, 09:45 PM
Reid didn't sound like it was a big deal.

Nor does he when he said he is going to fix the mistakes.

srvy
12-21-2016, 09:53 PM
I think that JC rumor of him being ready possibly for playoffs if KC got there was from his agent. Probably just to get his name out there that he is working and on time kinda advertising for next year.

As for March I remember he has tackling problems seems to be a Chief problem teamwide.

splatbass
12-21-2016, 10:04 PM
I think that JC rumor of him being ready possibly for playoffs if KC got there was from his agent. Probably just to get his name out there that he is working and on time kinda advertising for next year.

As for March I remember he has tackling problems seems to be a Chief problem teamwide.

They should get a high school coach to teach them the fundamentals of tackling. They seem to have forgotten.

MeatRock
12-22-2016, 12:12 AM

ROFL

MeatRock
12-22-2016, 12:13 AM

We don't know that. Pure speculation.

Bowser
12-22-2016, 12:28 AM
Well, hell.

Ok, so when does Darrin Reaves get called up? Surely he can contribute every bit as much as West has been giving, and he has fresh legs....

splatbass
12-22-2016, 12:29 AM
We don't know that. Pure speculation.

Seems likely though. He had surgery on both knees not long ago.

MeatRock
12-22-2016, 12:31 AM
Well, hell.

Ok, so when does Darrin Reaves get called up? Surely he can contribute every bit as much as West has been giving, and he has fresh legs....

How good is Reaves at catching check downs? :D

MMXcalibur
12-22-2016, 12:33 AM
I think we've seen the last of Jamaal Charles in red.

Unless of course, the Cardinals or Falcons wind up with him or something.

KCCHIEFS27
12-22-2016, 12:42 AM
Haha what punch would Charles have added that tyreek cant already provide?? The playcalling needs to stay consistent.

CoMoChief
12-22-2016, 01:25 AM
So can the Chiefs not cut someone else and bring back Charles from IR?

How is this indication that Charles won't be back?? Not saying he will be back, but I don't know that more or less than anyone else on this board...I'm just curious?

splatbass
12-22-2016, 01:27 AM

How is this indication that Charles won't be back?? Not saying he will be back, but I don't know that more or less than anyone else on this board...I'm just curious?

They can only bring one back.

CoMoChief
12-22-2016, 01:28 AM
Well, hell.

I thought this kid was the best RB in camp.

CoMoChief
12-22-2016, 01:28 AM
They can only bring one back.

Welp that answers it....thx

KChiefs1
12-22-2016, 07:19 AM

What a waste of money that turd has been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KChiefs1
12-22-2016, 07:21 AM
Need to start focusing on next season. This season is heading into the crapper.

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2016, 07:41 AM

You can only bring one guy back from IR. Charles is done for the season.

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2016, 07:42 AM
What a waste of money that turd has been.

When he's playing he's worth every penny. And if he's healthy enough to play in the playoffs, then that's all I care about. Lots of players like Jimmy Graham and Andrew Luck have been held in and out of practices as a precaution. I'm sure they're doing the same with Houston

BossChief
12-22-2016, 07:42 AM
When March played earlier in the year, he was playing out of position due to nessesity. He was always DJs backup until Mauga got hurt and had to play that spot without any practice at it.

He had a year and a half of working behind DJ and DJ will also be helping him from the sidelines during games.

I guess my point is I expect March to play better once he returns than he did earlier in the year.

TEX
12-22-2016, 07:56 AM
You can only bring one guy back from IR. Charles is done for the season.

Yes. Also lkely in KC. Doesn't really matter b/c if the Chiefs make the playoffs, they look like a one and done team.

TEX
12-22-2016, 08:01 AM

Yep. And it went down hill quickly. The final acts will be if the Chiefs lose out and finish 10 - 6. No confience after Tenn. That took a complete team effort to lose.

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2016, 08:05 AM
Yes. Also lkely in KC. Doesn't really matter b/c if the Chiefs make the playoffs, they look like a one and done team.

It depends. I think this is one of the best teams we've had going into the playoffs even with the injuries. If Alex and Andy don't run into themselves which is a big, giant "if." If they played all 4 quarters the way we played the first half over the last 3 games, we'd be unbeatable. For whatever dumb reason, our coach and QB are deathly afraid to hold a lead and they end up diarrheaing themselves.

I'm still pissed we didn't spend more on our defense this offseason. At least with Bob Sutton, we don't kick our own ass to lose games.

BossChief
12-22-2016, 08:16 AM

Lol

I know I tend to see things more optimistically than most, but these kinds of comments just blow my mind.

We've beaten both of last years Super Bowl teams on the road.
We've beaten Oakland on the road.
We've beaten the Falcons on the road.

Those are premium wins.

Even if this Chiefs team doesn't win the division, it has proven that it can win big games on the road.

Mecca
12-22-2016, 08:21 AM
This team is talented it's just heavily held back by it's QB and not having a playmaker in the backfield.

BossChief
12-22-2016, 08:33 AM
If this team ever hits on a QB draft pick, this team would have a shot at building a dynasty.

The way they have won with mediocre to average play at QB and having so much talent on IR is impressive.

Put Dak Prescott on this team and this is a Super Bowl quality team for the next 10 years.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
12-22-2016, 08:59 AM
This team is talented it's just heavily held back by it's QB and not using any playmaker in the backfield.

FYP

splatbass
12-22-2016, 09:00 AM

You don't start focusing on next year when you are fighting for a good playoff spot.

Seems some people here give up and surrender at the first sign of trouble. But the good teams overcome problems and succeed. That is what the Chiefs are focusing on. So if you want to wave the white flag already go ahead, but the team and fans will keep on.

RunKC
12-22-2016, 09:05 AM
If this team ever tries to use a big resource to draft a QB, this team would have a shot at building a dynasty.

The way they have won with mediocre to average play at QB and having so much talent on IR is impressive.

Put Dak Prescott on this team and this is a Super Bowl quality team for the next 10 years.

FYP

O.city
12-22-2016, 09:07 AM
The chiefs need 2 new guards as well. The backs in the backfield would be fine if we had any semblance of run blocking inside.

Fulton is always on the ground and ldt just isn't getting better. It was a stark difference watching the Titans ol vs the chiefs in the run game. Our ILBs were a fucking disaster and neither of those 2 should be here next year.

Mecca
12-22-2016, 09:11 AM
The Titans have something ridiculous like 4 1st round OL of course they can run block.

Fulton is a weakness but that's why he's a backup forced into duty.

BossChief
12-22-2016, 09:19 AM
FYP

Dak was like a 4th rounder

Russel Wilson was a third.

Cousins was a 4th or 5th.

I mean, I'm obviously with you that they need to make a move in the first for a QB in this draft...but if they find one in the third, I'd be happy.

They just need to be serious about it.

I'm sure Dorsey feels the same way.

What happens if Dorsey finds his "Marcus Peters" at QB for this team.

Fun to think about.

Sandy Vagina
12-22-2016, 09:20 AM
Yep. Day 2 QB selection would be my ideal scenario. Cheap, talented, and someone to develop as a potential starter in 2018.

This applies, whether Smith stays or goes. If he goes (cut loose/retires), then sign Foles to a reasonable, incentive deal.. and still draft that QB.

O.city
12-22-2016, 09:20 AM
The Titans have something ridiculous like 4 1st round OL of course they can run block.

Fulton is a weakness but that's why he's a backup forced into duty.

Well, sure, but it's pretty obvious why Andy gets "cute" in the red zone or goal line or short yardage situations. The interior ol isn't good enough and our tight ends can't block worth a shit either. O'Shaughnessy, harris, kelce none of them are good blockers.

O.city
12-22-2016, 09:22 AM
Fuck foles. If your gonna do that, just draft a guy and let him play.

No sense wasting any if those cheap years with him on the bench. Take that money and get some better players elsewhere.

Sandy Vagina
12-22-2016, 09:32 AM
**** foles. If your gonna do that, just draft a guy and let him play.

No sense wasting any if those cheap years with him on the bench. Take that money and get some better players elsewhere.

and if that rookie QB gets hurt? then what?

Have to have QB depth.. preferably a vet that can keep your season somewhat alive.

arrwheader
12-22-2016, 09:33 AM
Those of you glaringly optimistic about Houstons knee. Remember they said the same shit about Jamaal and look how that ended up....

Titty Meat
12-22-2016, 09:37 AM
The chiefs need 2 new guards as well. The backs in the backfield would be fine if we had any semblance of run blocking inside.

Fulton is always on the ground and ldt just isn't getting better. It was a stark difference watching the Titans ol vs the chiefs in the run game. Our ILBs were a ****ing disaster and neither of those 2 should be here next year.

I thought LDT played pretty well last week. We miss the rookie at the other spot he's pretty good and Fulton is an abortion.

We really need a guy like Fasano who can do it all. Miss that dude.

Also what happened to Sherman? He used to be a tank but disappeared this year.

carcosa
12-22-2016, 09:41 AM

He was only on the field for like 16 snaps against the Titans. As with most things, the blame can be traced back to Reid.

ct
12-22-2016, 09:42 AM
When March played earlier in the year, he was playing out of position due to nessesity. He was always DJs backup until Mauga got hurt and had to play that spot without any practice at it.

He had a year and a half of working behind DJ and DJ will also be helping him from the sidelines during games.

I guess my point is I expect March to play better once he returns than he did earlier in the year.

THIS

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2016, 10:01 AM
Yep. Day 2 QB selection would be my ideal scenario. Cheap, talented, and someone to develop as a potential starter in 2018.

This applies, whether Smith stays or goes. If he goes (cut loose/retires), then sign Foles to a reasonable, incentive deal.. and still draft that QB.

Day 2 qb is a terrible idea and the same dumb shit the Chiefs do every time. I don't want another Trent scenario where we refuse to draft a replacement and end up wasting 10 years scrambling to find a replacement.

Draft a qb in the first two rounds. Alex is at an age where we can't just expect him to be there. Or to even keep his play up, especially since we're seeing him already not use his legs.

carcosa
12-22-2016, 10:03 AM
Day 2 qb is a terrible idea and the same dumb shit the Chiefs do every time. I don't want another Trent scenario where we refuse to draft a replacement and end up wasting 10 years scrambling to find a replacement.

Draft a qb in the first two rounds. Alex is at an age where we can't just expect him to be there. Or to even keep his play up, especially since we're seeing him already not use his legs.

2nd round is on day 2...

Sandy Vagina
12-22-2016, 10:03 AM
He was only on the field for like 16 snaps against the Titans. As with most things, the blame can be traced back to Reid.

I'm quickly, no longer enamored with Sherman out in front. Was a fast change, but I get the sense that Sherman ends up as just another body in the pile of traffic in front of the RB.

I'm not sold on what I am saying.. it's just a foreboding sense because I have seen this before.. long ago.

Dump the QB read option.. since Smith never seems to keep the ball himself, so why bother?

Just line up Ware in the "11 personnel" (Ware, Kelce, JMac, Hill, C.C), and most of his runs should be quick hitters up the A gaps, or counters to hit outside... mixed with some WR reverse misdirection. No draws. No QB read options.

If there are 8-9 in the box, always have a quick signal ready for creatively adjusted route patterns to make them pay for it. Mix it up. One target is the short crosser, in, out or slant.. in case QB pressure is instant. Two targets are deep slant or go routes. The last is a deep out.. if the D drops back into 7-8 in coverage, and QB has loads of time.. hates all other options, and needs to pitch the ball OOB once out of the pocket.

RippedmyFlesh
12-22-2016, 10:04 AM

Agree time to make an investment in the position instead of the draft equivalent of buying a lottery scratch off ticket.

Sandy Vagina
12-22-2016, 10:05 AM
2nd round is on day 2...

yep. 2nd and 3rd rd QB.

O.city
12-22-2016, 10:06 AM
I thought LDT played pretty well last week. We miss the rookie at the other spot he's pretty good and Fulton is an abortion.

We really need a guy like Fasano who can do it all. Miss that dude.

LDT is ok, they just continuously miss a block here or there and it leads to fucked up runs.

Fulton is awful

O.city
12-22-2016, 10:08 AM
and if that rookie QB gets hurt? then what?

Have to have QB depth.. preferably a vet that can keep your season somewhat alive.

Vet backup rookie backup, asshole backup doesn't matter. Whoever they get to be a backup.

carcosa
12-22-2016, 10:09 AM
If there are 8-9 in the box, always have a quick signal ready for creatively adjusted route patterns to make them pay for it.

Yeah, when you have two huge mismatches in Kelce and Hill, it seems like you should be able to audible into SOMETHING that gets one of them the ball every single play.

O.city
12-22-2016, 10:11 AM
Sherman is a good blocker, still a good player. Not much he can do when there's 3 guys in the hole already waiting for our rb.

King_Chief_Fan
12-22-2016, 10:13 AM

I disagree with anything says sign, keep or play Foles. Good land people we have to do better than Foles

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2016, 10:15 AM
yep. 2nd and 3rd rd QB.

If there is a good QB, we need to draft him or trade up in the first round. It's priority 1 this offseason. We have punted too many times on this position to know what happens when we half-ass it. That doesn't mean we ridiculously overreach. But we have to do it.

Sandy Vagina
12-22-2016, 10:15 AM
I disagree with anything says sign, keep or play Foles. Good land people we have to do better than Foles

I'm curious, why is Foles suddenly so awful?

Do people really think a rookie QB would have KC in better position as the 2017-18 starter?

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2016, 10:17 AM

The problem with Foles is that we've all been down this road before as Chiefs' fans. If the goal was to make him a career backup, it's a great deal. But we know the Chiefs well enough to know we'll dumbly groom him to be the QBOTF.
For example, if we had a first round rookie and Foles and Alex got injured today... I'm going with Foles the rest of the way. If Alex gets injured in game 1 next season, I'm going with a rookie.

The Franchise
12-22-2016, 10:18 AM
Since we won't have a shot at Kizer. :(

I'd take this kid in the 2nd round. I'd even trade up in the 2nd to grab him.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9gvkVuGqpz4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2016, 10:18 AM

Do people really think a rookie QB would have KC in better position as the 2017-18 starter?

When you've been a Chiefs' fan as long as we have, we know that settling with mediocrity tops you off at mediocre. I'd rather a boom bust where even if he's a riskier option, he gives you the upside to be above mediocre.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-22-2016, 10:23 AM
When you've been a Chiefs' fan as long as we have, we know that settling with mediocrity tops you off at mediocre. I'd rather a boom bust where even if he's a riskier option, he gives you the upside to be above mediocre.

Two seasons of being a top five team puts you at mediocre...okay, guy. Okay.

O.city
12-22-2016, 10:23 AM

A rookie starter? Sure, why not?

He's gonna be cheaper which would allow a better rg, or better ilb olay, or anot her rb etc.

The chiwfs have one of the worst offenses performance wise in the league. I don't think a rookie qb would bog it down.

O.city
12-22-2016, 10:24 AM
When your qb is throwing interceptions in the endzone and costing you games and the division, I don't see any reason to stay the course

YayMike
12-22-2016, 10:28 AM
I remember a few weeks ago when we were bitching about him NOT throwing in the endzone.

It all comes down to Smith making smart to near perfect decisions in order for us to win, and that is the real reason we need a better short and long term solution at the QB position.

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2016, 10:31 AM
Two seasons of being a top five team puts you at mediocre...okay, guy. Okay.

You're a tool. I didn't say we are mediocre right now. Jfc. Nor was I attacking your precious.

RippedmyFlesh
12-22-2016, 10:32 AM
A rookie starter? Sure, why not?

He's gonna be cheaper which would allow a better rg, or better ilb olay, or anot her rb etc.

The chiwfs have one of the worst offenses performance wise in the league. I don't think a rookie qb would bog it down.

Exactly the same formula seattle used before russell got paid.

Nightfyre
12-22-2016, 11:21 AM
You're a tool. I didn't say we are mediocre right now. Jfc. Nor was I attacking your precious.

Sure you did. His only position is Alex Smith.

Mr. Laz
12-22-2016, 12:04 PM
Need over talent

scho63
12-22-2016, 12:09 PM
I'm mighty fine with this.

Gives Jamaal a whole other offseason to get into great shape for what will be his final finale next year in KC!

Mr. Laz
12-22-2016, 12:16 PM

Gives Jamaal a whole other offseason to get into great shape for what will be his final finale next year in KC!
you think the Chiefs are going to pay Charles next season after missing so much time the last 2 season?

Charles has a 7 million dollar cap number next year, all of which can be freed up by releasing him.

With all the guys we have to pay, Charles won't be around unless he takes a paycut imo.

ILChief
12-22-2016, 12:20 PM
I think they didn't bring Charles back because they are going to cut him to save money. If he comes back and gets injured again, they're on the hook for that money next year. I'd rather take that money and try to keep berry and Poe

ModSocks
12-22-2016, 12:22 PM
I think they didn't bring Charles back because they are going to cut him to save money. If he comes back and gets injured again, they're on the hook for that money next year. I'd rather take that money and try to keep berry and Poe

With the cap increase they'll be able to keep both Berry and Poe if they want, w/o cutting Charles. Berry will be expensive. Poe, not so much.

I expect JC to restructure. I don't expect him to be cut.

ModSocks
12-22-2016, 12:22 PM
Chiefsplanet is always aiming to cut or trade some of our best players....

Mr. Laz
12-22-2016, 12:28 PM

wow, hadn't even thought of that angle.

:(

PAChiefsGuy
12-22-2016, 12:30 PM
That sucks... Well hopefully we can restructure his contract and he'll come back strong next year.. I'm not giving up on this kid just yet.

TambaBerry
12-22-2016, 12:32 PM
When your qb is throwing interceptions in the endzone and costing you games and the division, I don't see any reason to stay the course

Especially when they're not even a good play by the defender. Alex stared down the receiver both times. Just because we wanted him to throw it into the endzone doesn't mean shit

scho63
12-22-2016, 12:35 PM
you think the Chiefs are going to pay Charles next season after missing so much time the last 2 season?

Charles has a 7 million dollar cap number next year, all of which can be freed up by releasing him.

With all the guys we have to pay, Charles won't be around unless he takes a paycut imo.

Completely agree-he has to restructure or I'm good with moving on.

Are you sure that is true? Why can't you cut a guy who is injured? Does the league or his contract make someone paid no matter what? :hmmm:

BlackHelicopters
12-22-2016, 12:36 PM
Thanks J Charles.

RunKC
12-22-2016, 12:40 PM
Turn some of his salary into a bonus to lower the cap hit next year like we did with Houston. He's still getting his money and we get more cap space

Mr. Laz
12-22-2016, 12:40 PM
Completely agree-he has to restructure or I'm good with moving on.

Are you sure that is true? Why can't you cut a guy who is injured? Does the league or his contract make someone paid no matter what? :hmmm:

league rule, you can't cut a guy who's gotten injured playing a game under contract

Have you heard the term 'injury settlement' in NFL news? That's why.

Mr. Laz
12-22-2016, 12:42 PM
Turn some of his salary into a bonus to lower the cap hit next year like we did with Houston. He's still getting his money and we get more cap space
Last year of his contract

They would probably need to sign him to an extension as well for that to do much good.

DJ's left nut
12-22-2016, 12:43 PM
LDT is ok, they just continuously miss a block here or there and it leads to fucked up runs.

Fulton is awful

Fulton's run blocking is much MUCH worse than I'd ever imagined it would be.

When Mike McGlynn was doing poorly enough that he would sabotage runs to either side of Center I thought - man, if we can survive this guy, we can survive anybody.

Fulton is approaching that level of bad. He's not only missing his assignments but he's hindering others in their ability to get to theirs. It's shocking how far backwards he's gone.

I simply took it on faith that he was below average but tolerable. Then I watched last week because I figured something had to be amiss somewhere so I'd check the biggest change in variable - when Fulton became a starter. Christ alive, he's just a disaster.

Charles in his compromised state (i.e. way out of football shape) has no better chance to run behind this line than Ware does. I hate it, but it's almost certainly true.

DJ's left nut
12-22-2016, 12:46 PM
With the cap increase they'll be able to keep both Berry and Poe if they want, w/o cutting Charles. Berry will be expensive. Poe, not so much.

I expect JC to restructure. I don't expect him to be cut.

No they can't.

Run the numbers again, they can't keep Berry and Poe WITH cutting Charles, IMO. Not after paying for their rookies, dealing with raises already handed out to guys like Houston and Maclin and filling out the rest of the 53 man roster.

Charles is long gone and Colquitt is probably gone with him.

O.city
12-22-2016, 12:53 PM

When Mike McGlynn was doing poorly enough that he would sabotage runs to either side of Center I thought - man, if we can survive this guy, we can survive anybody.

Fulton is approaching that level of bad. He's not only missing his assignments but he's hindering others in their ability to get to theirs. It's shocking how far backwards he's gone.

I simply took it on faith that he was below average but tolerable. Then I watched last week because I figured something had to be amiss somewhere so I'd check the biggest change in variable - when Fulton became a starter. Christ alive, he's just a disaster.

Charles in his compromised state (i.e. way out of football shape) has no better chance to run behind this line than Ware does. I hate it, but it's almost certainly true.

Yeah, especially when you watch the holes the Titans ol blew open.

March needs to be good or the defense is toast. Wilson and alexander aren't very good.

I really hope they hit the ilb spot this offseason.

Mr. Laz
12-22-2016, 12:57 PM

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ten-kc-grades/

Titans - Chiefs:

Top offensive grades:

HB Spencer Ware, 83
G Zach Fulton, 80.7
WR Jeremy Maclin, 77.6
T Mitchell Schwartz, 76.9
T Eric Fisher, 75.7

Chiefs’ offense starts hot, then cools down

The Chiefs roared to a 14-0 lead and seemed largely in control most of the game, thanks in large part to solid offensive-line play. Spencer Ware and the Chiefs’ O-line worked well in tandem, executing the stretch-zone running scheme. Guard Zach Fulton and tackles Mitchell Schwartz and Eric Fisher worked to create space for the Chiefs’ ball carriers. WR Jeremy Maclin hauled in six receptions on six targets for 82 yards. In the end, however, the Kansas City offense could not put the game away in the fourth quarter.

DJ's left nut
12-22-2016, 12:59 PM
Yeah, especially when you watch the holes the Titans ol blew open.

March needs to be good or the defense is toast. Wilson and alexander aren't very good.

I really hope they hit the ilb spot this offseason.

Yeah, those two guys trying to man the middle were definitely the blind leading the blind. DJ Alexander may be a fine special teamer but he's definitely not ready for full-time work. Worse still, the Titans knew it fairly quickly and did everything they could to exploit it.

And then even when they got him off the field and asked Wilson to do the job that DJ was doing, the Titans found him and went about destroying him as well.

This is a move that had to be made. The defense could be salvaged if March can look like he looked in the pre-season when playing the Will role. He never looked right in the Mike alongside DJ. If he's playing the Will (or whatever it is they call it now; they used to call DJ the Mike and his partner the Ted but I think their terminology has changed under Sutton) it fits his skill-set and athleticism better. He may do a credible job there.

And credible would be a big step up from what we got out of Alexander and Wilson. I'm starting to worry that we're simply out of tricks and plugs for the dam. The DJ thing may have been a final straw. March is the only shot they have at getting that D back to dangerous because teams will just kill us with 1,000 papercuts if we don't find a different solution over the middle.

ILChief
12-22-2016, 01:01 PM

At this point Charles is nowhere near one of our best players.

O.city
12-22-2016, 01:02 PM
The best ilb we had sunday was sorenson. He was the only one who'd take on a guy in the hole and make a play. The other 2 just play on their heels.

If they stay with the normal 1 biggie free agent this offseason, Timmons would be nice

Reerun_KC
12-22-2016, 01:03 PM

Also CP is very good at wanting to hold on to players way past their usefulness just because of either past performance or an emotional connection....

We haven't ever won a championship with them so holding on to the past is never a good idea. Breeds mediocrity.

DJ's left nut
12-22-2016, 01:03 PM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ten-kc-grades/

Titans - Chiefs:

Top offensive grades:

HB Spencer Ware, 83
G Zach Fulton, 80.7
WR Jeremy Maclin, 77.6
T Mitchell Schwartz, 76.9
T Eric Fisher, 75.7

Chiefs’ offense starts hot, then cools down

The Chiefs roared to a 14-0 lead and seemed largely in control most of the game, thanks in large part to solid offensive-line play. Spencer Ware and the Chiefs’ O-line worked well in tandem, executing the stretch-zone running scheme. Guard Zach Fulton and tackles Mitchell Schwartz and Eric Fisher worked to create space for the Chiefs’ ball carriers. WR Jeremy Maclin hauled in six receptions on six targets for 82 yards. In the end, however, the Kansas City offense could not put the game away in the fourth quarter.

{shrug}

Ask me how much stock I put in PFF. Never have, never will. I trust my own eyes more than I trust PFF's similarly trained video watcher.

Our running game worked on the edges and yes, the stretch plays worked fine (I said that around here somewhere on Monday). But when the Chiefs were trying to run between the tackles, Fulton was completely incapable of doing his job. Fulton's performance as an interior blocker will prevent us from any kind of effective power running game. He's simply not a good enough in-line blocker, which is crazy given his lower body strength. Fulton in a phonebooth has been a disaster.

Titty Meat
12-22-2016, 01:04 PM
No they can't.

Run the numbers again, they can't keep Berry and Poe WITH cutting Charles, IMO. Not after paying for their rookies, dealing with raises already handed out to guys like Houston and Maclin and filling out the rest of the 53 man roster.

Charles is long gone and Colquitt is probably gone with him.

Terrible if we lose Colquitt. Sad to think we might lose Berry or Poe to keep the QB who throws red zone picks and has less td passes this year than Kaepernick.

DJ's left nut
12-22-2016, 01:05 PM
The best ilb we had sunday was sorenson. He was the only one who'd take on a guy in the hole and make a play. The other 2 just play on their heels.

If they stay with the normal 1 biggie free agent this offseason, Timmons would be nice

Now would be an appropriate use of Vermiel's 'take off the diaper' line.

They just looked like lost kids out there. And hey, to some degree they are. Both guys were being asked to do more than they'd ever done.

And neither guy was up for it. Damn shame.

carcosa
12-22-2016, 01:06 PM
Terrible if we lose Colquitt. Sad to think we might lose Berry or Poe to keep the QB who throws red zone picks and has less td passes this year than Kaepernick.

If we lose Colquitt I'll be fucking PISSED!!!!!

Mr. Laz
12-22-2016, 01:09 PM
Alex Smith isn't paid much.

About the only QB's paid less are the ones on their rookie deal and backups.

Over-the-cap has Smith listed 25th in the NFL QB salaries.

The only normal starter(non-rookie deal) guy below him is Dalton for the Bengals.

Mr. Laz
12-22-2016, 01:10 PM

no way

You can't move a safety to LB

That's stupid

O.city
12-22-2016, 01:20 PM
no way

That's stupid

It was more a testament to how awful the current ilb were. I wouldn't call it a good idea.

Easy 6
12-22-2016, 01:49 PM
Thats terrible news, we sure could've used some JC down the stretch

O.city
12-22-2016, 02:13 PM
It sucks but JC ain't JC anymore.

Time to find the next jc. I'd imagine it's probably yhe same with dj and tamba

raybec 4
12-22-2016, 02:14 PM
no way

That's stupid

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oShTJ90fC34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6
12-22-2016, 02:20 PM

He still looked like a weapon against the fade, but if he wasnt ready to come off IR then he wasnt ready :(

Sure would've been nice to have him for the playoffs, though

ModSocks
12-22-2016, 02:32 PM

How about we let JC take the field before we declare that?

oldman
12-22-2016, 02:32 PM
**** foles. If your gonna do that, just draft a guy and let him play.

Indeed. Foles is a backup, period. I don't have a problem drafting a QB, just develop him.

The Franchise
12-22-2016, 02:34 PM

I'd like to see them bring Charles back on a reduced salary.

oldman
12-22-2016, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure our ILBs are that bad, just inexperienced. You can't just take out a DJ and plug in DJ lite and expect the same results.

Mr. Laz
12-22-2016, 02:41 PM
The problem is that we won't get a chance to see JC take the field because he's not going to be activated now.

We have major work to do in Free Agency so it's going to be difficult to wait for Charles to prove anything.

O.city
12-22-2016, 03:04 PM

We did and he broke again.

He's a 30 year old rb coming off 3 knee surgeries in a year.

O.city
12-22-2016, 03:04 PM
I'm not sure our ILBs are that bad, just inexperienced. You can't just take out a DJ and plug in DJ lite and expect the same results.

You can play ilb by feeling your way around like our 2 do. Wilson has always done it.

JohnnyHammersticks
12-22-2016, 03:20 PM
Just saw this, didn't want to start a thread. Peters I was expecting, but I was surprised to see Nelson 8th in the league in pass breakups.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Most pass breakups:<br><br>Hayward 19<br>Grimes 19<br>Peters 17<br>DRC 17<br>Jenkins 17<br>Alford 16<br>Amerson 16<br>Nelson 15<br>Butler 15<br>Maxwell 15<br>Shead 14<br>Norman 14</p>&mdash; Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) <a href="https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/812036722502447104">December 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise
12-22-2016, 03:21 PM
Are you sure that's not Reggie Nelson?

JohnnyHammersticks
12-22-2016, 03:23 PM
Are you sure that's not Reggie Nelson?

Yes, it's Steven Nelson from KC.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/passes-defended/2016/

DJ's left nut
12-22-2016, 03:26 PM
We did and he broke again.

He's a 30 year old rb coming off 3 knee surgeries in a year.

That's the worry for me.

Even if he came back cheap, there's just no way to count on him. If the Chiefs prepare an off-season with the idea of having Jamaal Charles, they'll have to get the NEXT Jamaal Charles in house because they can't rely on the present model answering the bell.

The Franchise
12-22-2016, 03:27 PM
Yes, it's Steven Nelson from KC.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/passes-defended/2016/

NFL.com has Reggie Nelson at 14.

ThaVirus
12-22-2016, 03:28 PM

Side effect of playing too much Madden, I think.

jspchief
12-22-2016, 04:02 PM
Odds of Charles being an impact player in the post season >>>>>> odds of March being an impact player in the post season.

O.city
12-22-2016, 04:12 PM
Odds of Charles being an impact player in the post season >>>>>> odds of March being an impact player in the post season.

If they thought that he was healthy, he'd be back.

And they don't need March to be an impact player. They need a decent ilb that won't get washed every play so the actual play makers on d can make plays.

DJ's left nut
12-22-2016, 04:19 PM

Now multiply both of those odds by the odds of either player contributing in ANY fashion and you have a fair calculus.

It's clear that the team believed the odds of Jamaal being able to contribute in any fashion were extremely remote.

The Franchise
12-22-2016, 04:26 PM
March at DJ's spot is better than March at the other ILB spot.

O.city
12-22-2016, 04:29 PM
It would be nice if March turned out to be a real good player.

This regime seems to have a blind spot for ilb prospects

Mr. Laz
12-22-2016, 04:31 PM
Just saw this, didn't want to start a thread. Peters I was expecting, but I was surprised to see Nelson 8th in the league in pass breakups.

After a rough start, Nelson has turned into a scrappy player

It isn't pretty but he sticks around his guy most of the time.

Mr. Laz
12-22-2016, 04:32 PM
It would be nice if March turned out to be a real good player.

This regime seems to have a blind spot for ilb prospects
MLB is the polar opposite of the Safety position

DJ's left nut
12-22-2016, 04:49 PM

And Ramik back in Mauga's spot is better than Ramik in DJ's spot.

I just don't see the running game getting 'fixed' by the return of Charles. Meanwhile, March taking over for DJ may give us a little bit of a return to normalcy. Not quite to the same level, but at a higher level than where we were last week.

March may not be an impact player, but he's a player in a position to make an impact.

DaneMcCloud
12-22-2016, 05:00 PM
And Ramik back in Mauga's spot is better than Ramik in DJ's spot.

I just don't see the running game getting 'fixed' by the return of Charles. Meanwhile, March taking over for DJ may give us a little bit of a return to normalcy. Not quite to the same level, but at a higher level than where we were last week.

March may not be an impact player, but he's a player in a position to make an impact.

The running game has suffered since Parker Ehinger was lost to an ACL tear.

The Chiefs couldn't get the ground game going in Houston, when Ehinger was out with an injury and replaced by Zach Fulton, and they haven't been able to get it going since they lost Ehinger for the year.

Left guard has been albatross all year.

DaneMcCloud
12-22-2016, 05:02 PM

Nelson's been really good all year, outside of the mismatch with a 6'5 Mike Evans against Tampa Bay.

He's rarely allowed any YAC and he's been very good at batting down passes. He's been a decent tackler as well, as long as he's not overmatched in terms of size.

jspchief
12-22-2016, 05:36 PM
Now multiply both of those odds by the odds of either player contributing in ANY fashion and you have a fair calculus.

It's clear that the team believed the odds of Jamaal being able to contribute in any fashion were extremely remote.

I don't think that's clear at all. I think they're desperate to fix the run defense and March is literally the only option.

My bet is March will suck and do nothing to fix the defense. Maybe Charles isn't healthy, but Charles at 50% would still provide more than March will.

jspchief
12-22-2016, 05:37 PM
Based on what? OTAs?

RunKC
12-22-2016, 05:42 PM
March practiced today. I bet he plays Sunday.

DJ's left nut
12-22-2016, 05:53 PM
I don't think that's clear at all. I think they're desperate to fix the run defense and March is literally the only option.

My bet is March will suck and do nothing to fix the defense. Maybe Charles isn't healthy, but Charles at 50% would still provide more than March will.

Charles at 80% isn't an NFL caliber running back. At 90% he's more of a change of pace back. I don't think you're being realistic regarding the difference between a stud and an also-ran in this league. The margins are absolutely that thin.

Beyond that, Charles isn't just an injured player, he's an injured, aging player. With a history of leg injuries to boot.

Jamaal Charles, 100% healthy, is probably already not going to amount to 80% of the Charles we remember so fondly. Time and injuries will have absolutely taken their toll on him.

You need to set the sliders to "30 year old running back with multiple knee injuries" and then ask yourself just what percentage of THAT player you're going to get.

It's a shit reality but it's the world we live in.

DJ's left nut
12-22-2016, 05:54 PM
The running game has suffered since Parker Ehinger was lost to an ACL tear.

The Chiefs couldn't get the ground game going in Houston, when Ehinger was out with an injury and replaced by Zach Fulton, and they haven't been able to get it going since they lost Ehinger for the year.

Left guard has been albatross all year.

That's a good point; I forgot about their struggles with Houston.

Yeah, I wildly underestimated the impact that injury would have. It appears to have been far more crippling than I would've ever imagined.

Sandy Vagina
12-22-2016, 05:59 PM
Is what it is, but I would have still tried Fulton at C and Morse at LG, once Ehinger fell to injury. KC really needed that athleticism at LG for all they liked to do... and Fulton is better as a rock C than LG.

The Franchise
12-22-2016, 06:05 PM
Terez Paylor on why he thinks the Chiefs picked March over Charles.

Simple. If it’s 2013 Jamaal Charles — the guy who racked up nearly 2,000 all-purpose yards, scored 19 touchdowns and was one of the finest all-around weapons the game has ever seen — you take him, hands down, every single time. Obviously.

Heck, if it was 2014 Jamaal Charles — who recorded about 600 fewer all-purpose yards behind a below-average line but still scored 14 touchdowns — you’d take that version, too.

But 2016 Jamaal Charles, coming off surgeries to both knees in November? March-Lillard is the choice, because the Chiefs desperately need some help to aid the league’s 28th-ranked run defense, which got gashed for 5.1 yards per carry in a 19-17 loss to the Tennessee Titans on Sunday.

The Chiefs’ run defense struggled Sunday due to some misalignments — guys lined up in the wrong spots — against the league’s third-ranked run offense. The Titans’ rushing attack is a throwback one, built on downhill football and multiple tight ends. In another words, it was tailor-made to attack a defense weakened following a season-ending injury to star inside linebacker Derrick Johnson.

March-Lillard is only a second-year pro, but he’s a smart player with really good instincts. He sees plays happening quickly — he’s got good eyes for the position — and has consistently displayed a knack for the big play in the practices I got to watch, though that trait didn’t really shine through in the five starts he made this year before he went on injured reserve because of a broken bone in his hand.

March-Lillard also struggled some with his gap fits before his injury, but I think part of that had to do with the fact he was playing “mike” linebacker, the position next to Johnson’s, instead of “will” linebacker, the position where he shined in preseason practices for the last two years. The “will” — or weak-side — inside linebacker in the Chiefs’ 3-4 scheme is allowed to run a chase a little more than the “mike,” who has to call out plays, take on blocks and help keep the “will” clean.

At 6 feet and about 240 pounds, March-Lillard fits the profile of a weakside inside ’backer better and, in my opinion, could have the eyes and athleticism to give the Chiefs at least some of what Johnson did, which will be necessary if they want to make a Super Bowl run.

This is not an indictment of Johnson’s replacement on Sunday, D.J. Alexander. Granted, he did not play well — he was Pro Football Focus’ lowest-graded Chief on Sunday, and the Titans attacked him repeatedly.

But Alexander has very good athleticism and is already a supremely-valuable special-teams player; he just needs to keep training his eyes as a defender. That takes time and reps, as he’d logged all of six defensive snaps all year prior to Sunday’s game. Again, he might get there one day; I’m told he was hard on himself after Sunday’s game, which is a positive sign, because it speaks to his competitiveness. But it’s Week 16, the archrival Denver Broncos are coming into town, and the Chiefs, who are looking to clinch a playoff spot, don’t have time to let him take his lumps.

Finally, back to Charles. Even though the Chiefs’ decision effectively ends his 2016 season (and perhaps his career here), I’d caution folks to not count him out. I know a guy who loves football when I see one, and there’s no doubt Jamaal Charles does. This matters when it comes to rehabbing injuries like his, because it’s a long, painful process and it can wear on you mentally. You have to know, deep down in your heart, that the pain and stress of rehab will be worth it.

Just look at Derrick Johnson, who bounced back from a torn Achilles to become a Pro Bowl-caliber player once again at age 33 (even though he was absolutely snubbed last year, and I won’t let anyone tell me otherwise). Johnson tore his other Achilles a few weeks ago, but fewer than 24 hours later he was not only pledging to be back next year, but to play out the final year of his contract — in 2018! — too. Derrick Johnson loves football. Don’t bet against him, folks.

But again, when it comes to Charles, there has always been some optimism around the team about his ability to become an effective player again. It might not be in Kansas City in 2017 (the Chiefs can clear $7 million off the cap by releasing him), but if there’s a way Charles can play in 2017, he will — provided he wants to. It’s all up to him, not to mention his surgically-repaired knees.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/red-zone/article122341474.html#storylink=cpy

MahiMike
12-22-2016, 06:35 PM
This was the prudent move.

srvy
12-22-2016, 07:22 PM

I am tired of giving JC another year to get healthy he wont he is just glued together glass now. Sorry I love the dude but he is over its sad but we have to move on.

ThaVirus
12-22-2016, 07:58 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161223/ea98e1b3ea549694848326f93c252468.png

Sandy Vagina
12-22-2016, 08:02 PM
Love that quote, thanks for posting it. Very sad if this is it for Jamaal. I just don't know that they will take that 7 mil cap hit for a limited JC role. Seems hard to believe they would.

Chiefshrink
12-22-2016, 08:04 PM
The playcalling needs to stay consistent.

Consistently sideways?

JohnnyHammersticks
12-22-2016, 08:08 PM
Nelson's been really good all year, outside of the mismatch with a 6'5 Mike Evans against Tampa Bay.

He's rarely allowed any YAC and he's been very good at batting down passes. He's been a decent tackler as well, as long as he's not overmatched in terms of size.

"During Nelson’s two-year career at Oregon State, he cemented himself among the Pac 12’s finest, hauling in eight interceptions, notching 16 passes defensed and showing an uncommon hunger to tackle. Of the 476 snaps Nelson played last season, he missed zero tackles, making him the most efficient tackler in this year’s class, according to Pro Football Focus."

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/oregon-state-steven-nelson-detroit-lions-pittsburgh-steelers-cleveland-browns-041615

scho63
12-23-2016, 03:32 PM
league rule, you can cut a guy who's gotten injured playing a game under contract

Have you heard the term 'injury settlement' in NFL news? That's why.

Thanks, I don't follow those things that closely :clap:

ChiefAshhole1056
12-23-2016, 03:48 PM
Hopefully Jamaal takes a pay cut to come back with the team and help resign Poe/Berry. He seems like a team first guy according to his quotes regading the team and the contracts he's accepted in the past.