PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Interesting stat: Blowout wins in the Andy Reid Era

DaFace
12-22-2016, 11:03 AM
With a hat tip to this article (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/12/22/14030882/winning-in-the-nfl-is-hard-if-youre-playing-the-chiefs), since Andy Reid came to Kansas City, the Chiefs have beaten their opponents by 20 points or more 10 times. That's more than all except the Patriots (16), Seahawks (15), Colts (11), and Broncos (11).

Source (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=career&year_min=2013&year_max=2016&game_type=R&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&temperature_gtlt=lt&game_result=W&team_conf_id=All+Conferences&team_div_id=All+Divisions&opp_conf_id=All+Conferences&opp_div_id=All+Divisions&team_off_scheme=Any+Scheme&team_def_align=Any+Alignment&opp_off_scheme=Any+Scheme&opp_def_align=Any+Alignment&c1stat=points_diff&c1comp=gt&c1val=20&c2stat=choose&c2comp=gt&c3stat=choose&c3comp=gt&c4stat=choose&c4comp=gt&c5comp=choose&c5gtlt=lt&c6mult=1.0&c6comp=choose&order_by=game_date)

Admittedly, I always think of Andy as being really conservative and taking his foot off the gas, but the numbers suggest that might not necessarily be the case.

http://i.imgur.com/jIcJZpH.jpg

Simply Red
12-22-2016, 11:04 AM
http://i63.tinypic.com/2s7z3gl.jpg

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-22-2016, 11:05 AM
Fire Andy, fire Smith, put Dorsey on LOA. This is unacceptable. How dare we be in the company of SB contenders. - pest/reerun/pants/tuck/nwo/sauto

ptlyon
12-22-2016, 11:06 AM
D fence

The Franchise
12-22-2016, 11:07 AM
Fire Andy, fire Smith, put Dorsey on LOA. This is unacceptable. How dare we be in the company of SB contenders. - pest/reerun/pants/tuck/nwo/sauto

Quote my post where I've said anything about Dorsey.

Go ahead.....prove it.

Until then.....ACL! ACL! ACL!

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-22-2016, 11:13 AM
That your new Hitler chant, pest?

Sad bastard.

The Franchise
12-22-2016, 11:15 AM
All game manager QBs need to be eradicated from the NFL.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-22-2016, 11:19 AM
All fake and fair weather fans should have thread starting privileges removed. Reerun would lose his mind.

lcarus
12-22-2016, 11:21 AM
Just imagine how much better that stat would be if we had finished some opponents the way we SHOULD have finished them. There are at least half a dozen games I can think of off the top of my head that we could've blown some bitches out. Indianapolis in the playoffs for one...

Reerun_KC
12-22-2016, 11:22 AM
Thread has potential

The Franchise
12-22-2016, 11:25 AM
All fake and fair weather fans should have thread starting privileges removed. Reerun would lose his mind.

Bet me.

If the Chiefs win the Superbowl.....I'll leave.
If the Chiefs don't win the Superbowl....you leave.

ptlyon
12-22-2016, 11:28 AM
That's two standing offers in less than an hour

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-22-2016, 11:28 AM
Just imagine how much better that stat would be if we had finished some opponents the way we SHOULD have finished them. There are at least half a dozen games I can think of off the top of my head that we could've blown some bitches out. Indianapolis in the playoffs for one...

Because the chiefs are the only team that can't close games...

Because Seattle never choked?. Pats have won 1 of the last 10 superbowls. Manning only contributed to one superbowl. Favre, Rodgers, Young as talented as they are/were have just one Lombardi. Marino has none.

Yet elway, aikman, Eli have multiple rings and are clearly not guys that torch their opponents. On the biggest stage, blowout wins don't win you games. It's the defense that matters most.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2016, 11:29 AM

And that's about all it is and ever will be with Smith behind Center and Reid calling plays; close, but no cigar.

#moronlovesmediocre

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-22-2016, 11:30 AM
Pest I'll give you 5 to 1 odds on a self imposed ban. Current odds are 8 to 1.
Chiefs win SB you leave five months. They lose, I leave 1 month.

The Franchise
12-22-2016, 11:33 AM
Pest I'll give you 5 to 1 odds on a self imposed ban. Current odds are 8 to 1.
Chiefs win SB you leave five months. They lose, I leave 1 month.

Fuck your odds. Bets are straight up. You want 1 month? Then we're both out 1 month. You want 5 months? Then we're both out 5 months.

Tell you what? You want odds?

If the Chiefs win the SB....I'll leave for 5 months.
If the Chiefs don't win the SB....you kill yourself.

O.city
12-22-2016, 11:34 AM
It's hard to blow teams out in the nfl.

ptlyon
12-22-2016, 11:38 AM

He'd mult his way out of that one too

Sweet Daddy Hate
Fuck your odds. Bets are straight up. You want 1 month? Then we're both out 1 month. You want 5 months? Then we're both out 5 months.

LMAO

raybec 4
**** your odds. Bets are straight up. You want 1 month? Then we're both out 1 month. You want 5 months? Then we're both out 5 months.

Does he get to rise after a month?

lcarus
12-22-2016, 11:43 AM
Because the chiefs are the only team that can't close games...

Because Seattle never choked?. Pats have won 1 of the last 10 superbowls. Manning only contributed to one superbowl. Favre, Rodgers, Young as talented as they are/were have just one Lombardi. Marino has none.

Yet elway, aikman, Eli have multiple rings and are clearly not guys that torch their opponents. On the biggest stage, blowout wins don't win you games. It's the defense that matters most.

Never said we are the only team that can't close. I just think we're better than what we've shown at times. I'm not concerned with getting blowouts, but there were some games that we probably should have put out of reach is all I'm saying.

Mr. Plow
12-22-2016, 11:54 AM

3 posts into the thread and Tiger is already taking the thread off topic. But hey, Clay is gone because he takes threads off topic, so everything is good.

The Franchise
12-22-2016, 11:58 AM
3 posts into the thread and Tiger is already taking the thread off topic. But hey, Clay is gone because he takes threads off topic, so everything is good.

Nope....not a troll.

SAUTO
12-22-2016, 11:59 AM

You are the absolute dumbest mother fucker to ever type on a keyboard.

SAUTO
12-22-2016, 12:00 PM

Fair weather? Where? Who?

Fake?

That's you and I agree and would even take it a bit further and take away your posting abilities

Mr. Laz
12-22-2016, 12:02 PM
All game manager QBs need to be eradicated from the NFL.
beyond idiocy

Mr. Laz
12-22-2016, 12:04 PM
Nope....not a troll.

you redirect threads ALL THE TIME to fit whatever ax you have to grind at that particular time.

Clayton --- gone
Tigerbob --- get rid of him
Pestilence --- get rid of him

lets just get real about this shit

The Franchise
12-22-2016, 12:04 PM
you redirect threads ALL THE TIME to fit whatever ax you have to grind at that particular time.

Clayton --- gone
Tigerbob --- get rid of him
Pestilence --- get rid of him

lets just get real about this shit

ROFL

You bleed in every thread that you post in. You're like the CP version of Lena Dunham.

Mr. Laz
12-22-2016, 12:06 PM
ROFL

You bleed in every thread that you post in. You're like the CP version of Lena Dunham.

you confuse "bleeding" with just standing up to you bullshit

you rage whenever anyone dares to call you on your dumbassery

The Franchise
12-22-2016, 12:09 PM
you confuse "bleeding" with just standing up to you bullshit

you rage whenever anyone dares to call you on your dumbassery

Rage? You're hilarious. There are literally two posters that I've "raged" on in like the last year. Sandy and TigerBob......and Sandy really isn't on that list anymore.

Mr. Laz
12-22-2016, 12:13 PM
Bruce Ariens might step down because being a Head Coach is too much of a grind for him and his family.

New Kansas City Offensive Coordinator! PBJ PBJ

DaFace
12-22-2016, 12:15 PM
If it weren't for the loss in ad revenue, I'd suggest limiting CP people to 25 posts per day. The issue isn't people with crazy opinions - it's that they tend to be the ones to spew shit everywhere.

OnTheWarpath15
12-22-2016, 12:18 PM
Back on track for a split second before TigerJizzOnHisChin derails the thread again...

Interesting that the blowouts were more frequent early on, whereas there has only been one this year, and it was fueled by 6? turnovers by the defense.

You would think being 4 years into the system and having the most offensive talent in his tenure here would skew the numbers the other way.

Mr. Laz
12-22-2016, 12:19 PM
If it weren't for the loss in ad revenue, I'd suggest limiting CP people to 25 posts per day. The issue isn't people with crazy opinions - it's that they tend to be the ones to spew shit everywhere.

That's a fair point.

When you are machine gunning posts out as fast as you can in as many threads as you can, it tends to get repetitious and ugly. ROFL

DaFace
12-22-2016, 12:20 PM
Back on track for a split second before TigerJizzOnHisChin derails the thread again...

Interesting that the blowouts were more frequent early on, whereas there has only been one this year, and it was fueled by 6? turnovers by the defense.

You would think being 4 years into the system and having the most offensive talent in his tenure here would skew the numbers the other way.

If you click on the source link, you can dig into it a little more. The common thread for the Chiefs seems to be a combination of defensive scores (no surprise) and Jamaal Charles big games.

I have no huge complaints about Ware, but it sure does sting not having Jamaal a part of this team anymore. :sulk:

Mr. Laz
12-22-2016, 12:20 PM

another good point

who cares what he's done in the past, it's what he's doing now that matters.

ptlyon
12-22-2016, 12:21 PM

Only one page of the 36 page playbook ever gets looked at

stumppy
12-22-2016, 12:23 PM

There in lies the proof that ATTENTIONBITCH is nothing but a troll. I also offered him a chance to bet on his boy. Straight up odds, one month ban. All he would do was deflect.
With all the Alex Smith peter puffing he does you would think he'd take that bet.

Mr. Laz
12-22-2016, 12:23 PM
Rage? You're hilarious. There are literally two posters that I've "raged" on in like the last year. Sandy and TigerBob......and Sandy really isn't on that list anymore.
ok, rage is the wrong word .... snarkage,Dbagishness?,assholeness?

Need someone to make up an adjective for a guy that never passes up a chance to be a dick about every topic.

Mr. Laz
12-22-2016, 12:26 PM
There in lies the proof that ATTENTIONBITCH is nothing but a troll. I also offered him a chance to bet on his boy. Straight up odds, one month ban. All he would do was deflect.
With all the Alex Smith peter puffing he does you would think he'd take that bet.
Serious question ... not trying to start a fight or anything.

Why does it make you so mad that someone is a Homer for the QB of your team? Even if it's a nonstop,trollish type homer.

He is pimping your QB 24/7 ..... so?

If it was for any other Chiefs' player, would you even have noticed?

Really curious.

stumppy
12-22-2016, 12:26 PM

And half of it is smeared in BBQ sauce.

scho63
12-22-2016, 12:28 PM
I heard a sports radio show talking about how the parity and close scoring this year is at an all time high. Less blowouts this year than ever

Reerun_KC
12-22-2016, 12:33 PM
Tiggeruppercut you going to Welch again?

Chiefs win Superbowl this year? I'll take a year long self imposed ban.

Chiefs not win Superbowl this year? You take a year ban...

Lots of bet options in this thread. Time to put up or shut up...

stumppy
12-22-2016, 12:50 PM
Serious question ... not trying to start a fight or anything.

Why does it make you so mad that someone is a Homer for the QB of your team? Even if it's a nonstop,trollish type homer.

He is pimping your QB 24/7 ..... so?

If it was for any other Chiefs' player, would you even have noticed?

Really curious.

You'll notice that my complaint was with his trolling. And it seems even you think he's a troll. He is Meat Peekers evil twin. And if that POS gets banned then this one should too.
He is not good for CP....well, not for the members. I'm not sure if the additional posts he generates with his dipshittery increases revenue for this site but I suspect it does. Otherwise we wouldn't have to put up with is knob slobbering of Alex Smith constantly or calling LONG TIME members fair weather fans, denver/raider fans etc.
And it's people like ATTENTIONBITCH who, for years and years have gobbled up the shit show of never quite good enough shoveled to them by the Chiefs and swallowed it while saying 'more please'. While others want better, stand up and let the Chiefs know it too. Like flying a banner about it. If ATTENTIONBITCH were to fly one it would say something like "A. Smith GOAT xxoo".
To answer your last question, Hell yes, if someone was pimping another below average player who played like Alex Smith was being pimped on here like that I'd call them on it. I'd bet 99% of them members on here would too.

Mr. Laz
12-22-2016, 12:53 PM
You'll notice that my complaint was with his trolling. And it seems even you think he's a troll. He is Meat Peekers evil twin. And if that POS gets banned then this one should too.
He is not good for CP....well, not for the members. I'm not sure if the additional posts he generates with his dipshittery increases revenue for this site but I suspect it does. Otherwise we wouldn't have to put up with is knob slobbering of Alex Smith constantly or calling LONG TIME members fair weather fans, denver/raider fans etc.
And it's people like ATTENTIONBITCH who, for years and years have gobbled up the shit show of never quite good enough shoveled to them by the Chiefs and swallowed it while saying 'more please'. While others want better, stand up and let the Chiefs know it too. Like flying a banner about it. If ATTENTIONBITCH were to fly one it would say something like "A. Smith GOAT xxoo".
To answer your last question, Hell yes, if someone was pimping another below average player who played like Alex Smith was being pimped on here like that I'd call them on it. I'd bet 99% of them members on here would too.:hmmm:

thanks for the answer

I guess the reason i don't mind Tiger because his Smith Trolling offsets the ridiculously stupid position that Alex Smith is a terrible QB. Also that Alex Smith is the only problem with the Chiefs.

O.city
12-22-2016, 12:59 PM
They've also played a tougher schedule this year as they finished higher in the division. Early, they were coming off a 2 win year, playong alot of shitty.

It's been weird this year in that they've beaten good qbs and lost to some young ones who aren't proven.

Beat: Brees, rivers, ryan, Carrx2, luck, cam.

Lost to : big Ben, jameis, ossasstastic, and mariota

The Texans Bucs and Titans loss were just awful

Reerun_KC
12-22-2016, 01:05 PM
:hmmm:

thanks for the answer

I guess the reason i don't mind Tiger because his Smith Trolling offsets the ridiculously stupid position that Alex Smith is a terrible QB. Also that Alex Smith is the only problem with the Chiefs.
He's not a terrible QB if your objective.

We've seen this before Laz. We know how it ends.

BlackHelicopters
12-22-2016, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure if this is a real thread . Let me call a buddy, ask him to come and check the thread out, and we take it from there.

stumppy
12-22-2016, 01:13 PM
He's not a terrible QB if your objective.

We've seen this before Laz. We know how it ends.

How appropriate your user name is.

ptlyon
12-22-2016, 01:14 PM
I'm not sure if this is a real thread . Let me call a buddy, ask him to come and check the thread out, and we take it from there.

I phoned a friend. It's legit.

OnTheWarpath15
12-22-2016, 01:16 PM
They've also played a tougher schedule this year as they finished higher in the division. Early, they were coming off a 2 win year, playong alot of shitty.

It's been weird this year in that they've beaten good qbs and lost to some young ones who aren't proven.

Beat: Brees, rivers, ryan, Carrx2, luck, cam.

Lost to : big Ben, jameis, ossasstastic, and mariota

The Texans Bucs and Titans loss were just awful

Actually, according to Pro Football Reference this is the 2nd easiest schedule they've played in the Reid era.

From easiest to hardest:

O.city
12-22-2016, 01:22 PM
Actually, according to Pro Football Reference this is the 2nd easiest schedule they've played in the Reid era.

From easiest to hardest:

?

Objectively I don't see how.

Last year's schedule was the toughest? Huh?

Halfcan
12-22-2016, 01:22 PM
Hopefully we will have a blowout win this Christmas.

ptlyon
12-22-2016, 01:24 PM

The Denver fans that are going with me wouldn't care for it, but I'd enjoy it

Marcellus
12-22-2016, 01:31 PM

You saying its hard to blow teams our running 47 WR screens a game?

OnTheWarpath15
12-22-2016, 01:32 PM
?

Objectively I don't see how.

Last year's schedule was the toughest? Huh?

From Pro Football Reference:

SoS - Strength of Schedule indicates the combined winning percentages of the opponents this team played in a given year. Higher SoS indicates a tougher schedule, lower indicates easier.

2013: -1.73
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2013.htm

2016: .95
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2016.htm

2014: 1.15
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2014.htm

2015: 1.62
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2015.htm

OnTheWarpath15
12-22-2016, 01:32 PM
You saying its hard to blow teams our running 47 WR screens a game?

LMAO

Marcellus
12-22-2016, 01:34 PM

From easiest to hardest:

Im not buying it. We have played many 1st place teams and a ton of teams with winning records.

Denver, Oakland, Pitt, Texans, Bucs, Falcons, and Titans all have winning records and all but Denver will likely make the playoffs. Thats 9 games out of 14 so far and we getting ready to play the 10th.

Marcellus
12-22-2016, 01:35 PM
From Pro Football Reference:

2013: -1.73
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2013.htm

2016: .95
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2016.htm

2014: 1.15
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2014.htm

2015: 1.62
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2015.htm

Is it record at the time they play or at the end of the season?

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2016, 01:55 PM
Andy Reid is plenty capable of coaching a good blowout. He's a good enough coach to build up players good enough to overcome his stupidity. But there are too many games where his stupidity overcomes his coaching and they often come at the worst possible moments.

Blowouts are hard to lose. I am actually a lot less worried about him losing blowouts than blowing a 10-point lead where we're in the driver's seat.

OnTheWarpath15
12-22-2016, 01:59 PM

No idea. It doesn't say any more than what I've posted.

It does seem fishy though. I don't think we've played nearly as difficult a schedule as people think we do, but I can't imagine it's harder than last season's.

I'll do the math. BRB.

Rasputin
12-22-2016, 02:08 PM

I wanted the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl but now I have to rethink it.

O.city
12-22-2016, 02:12 PM
No idea. It doesn't say any more than what I've posted.

That's weird. I feel like they've played a pretty tough schedule this season.

I guess alot of that is just the way they play, every game feels close.

ptlyon
12-22-2016, 02:16 PM

2016 is on there, so it can't be the end of the season. Yet I don't know how you would rate a team that is 0-0 either.

Just goes to prove numbers can be skewed anyway you want them to.

stumppy
12-22-2016, 02:18 PM
I wanted the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl but now I have to rethink it.

ROFL

It's about a coin toss isn't it ?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-22-2016, 02:26 PM

I'll take this bet if we win the AFCCG. If you want a bet now I'll cut you a deal and do 5 to 1 on a one month ban. That's five months if you lose

The Franchise
12-22-2016, 02:27 PM
I'll take this bet if we win the AFCCG. If you want a bet now I'll cut you a deal and do 5 to 1 on a one month ban. That's five months if you lose

So you're a pussy....just like I thought.

rico
12-22-2016, 02:38 PM

This.

OnTheWarpath15
12-22-2016, 02:38 PM
Ok, I've done the math by hand. There is something up with PFR's numbers.

2013-15 are based on end of season records, 2016 are through Week 15.

2013: .445 (114-142)

2015: .496 (127-129)

2014: .511 (131-125)

2016: .513 (115-109)

Really not a ton of difference between 2014, 2015 and 2016. Handful of games.

Just for giggles, I projected the rest of this season and our SOS came to .507 (130-126)

stumppy
12-22-2016, 02:40 PM

I'll take that bet with one stipulation. Since you want 5 to 1 odds then every Chiefs opponents points are multiplied by 5 to get the final score of each game.

That should make it even odds for you. Wadda ya say ATTENTIONBITCH ?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-22-2016, 02:41 PM
We are in the top quarter for strength of schedule and have the best records in that group along with Oakland. Strength of victory, we are number one

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-22-2016, 02:43 PM
If I take the bet it'll be like the time you were granted your Make-A-Wish

stumppy
12-22-2016, 02:45 PM
If I take the bet it'll be like the time you were granted your Make-A-Wish

Oh come on ATTENTIONBITCH. You can't be cock gobbling Alex while spitting out his load at the same time.

Snica
12-22-2016, 02:50 PM

and what makes you so special. What a bullshit response.

-King-
12-22-2016, 03:08 PM
Hmmm I would have never thought that. Andy typically goes into a shell when we go up by more than 14 points and let's the other team close the gap by the end of the game.

And side note: People who respond to tigeruppercut in every thread are no better than he is. Yes that means you pestilence. If you think he's a troll then stop fucking responding to him.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
12-22-2016, 03:12 PM
Hmmm I would have never thought that. Andy typically goes into a shell when we go up by more than 14 points and let's the other team close the gap by the end of the game.

And side note: People who respond to tigeruppercut in every thread are no better than he is. Yes that means you pestilence. If you think he's a troll then stop fucking responding to him.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/robin-williams-merry-friggin-christmas-clip-video-final-movies-2.gif

kccrow
12-22-2016, 03:21 PM

You guys need to stop, because the rest of us aren't sticking around without you guys to watch this tigerbob motherfucker spew his shit if the Chiefs somehow do win it all.

carlos3652
12-22-2016, 03:34 PM
Wasn't there an article about blow out losses in the Pioli era, where we were the absolutely worse team and would get blown out a lot? We have come a long way...

DaFace
12-22-2016, 03:55 PM
Wasn't there an article about blow out losses in the Pioli era, where we were the absolutely worse team and would get blown out a lot? We have come a long way...

Don't know about an article, but that appears to be true.

http://pfref.com/tiny/1RJMB

Blown out (20+ points) 16 times from 2009-2012 - more than every other team than the Bills (18).

HemiEd
12-22-2016, 04:26 PM
And side note: If you think he's a troll then stop ****ing responding to him.
Posted via Mobile Device

this

-King-
12-22-2016, 04:42 PM
You wanna know how far we've come? Some people legitimately want to fire a coach that at minimum will have 10 wins and will more likely have 11 or 12.
Posted via Mobile Device

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-22-2016, 04:59 PM
:hmmm:

thanks for the answer

Thanks. Minus the trolling part. I'll take on thirty delusional posters at once if I have to. No matter how hard these scrubs try, I'm not budging on my position unless there's reason to.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-22-2016, 05:00 PM
People need to realize there aren't a lot of blowouts in the NFL. Officiating definitely plays a part in keeping the games close too.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-22-2016, 05:01 PM
Don't know about an article, but that appears to be true.

http://pfref.com/tiny/1RJMB

Blown out (20+ points) 16 times from 2009-2012 - more than every other team than the Bills (18).

...and those horrible Bills blew KC out like 3 times ROFL

carlos3652
12-22-2016, 10:47 PM
Thanks guys for looking it up, I'm sure there was a thread about it here in CP when Romeo was either coaching or right after the Pioli era .. but I remembered it saying how hard it is to be blown out, and most games are competitive ... but we sucked so bad, and we were blown out a ridiculous amount....

I just looked, in the past 46 games, opponents have only scored 30 points against us 4 times...( almost 3 full seasons) - we would average 6 games per year between 2008-2012... incredible how we turned that around...

Reerun_KC
12-22-2016, 10:54 PM
How appropriate your user name is.

Thanks Steve.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2016, 10:54 PM

Classic welcher move. No way you have the balls to honor any bet regardless

TribalElder
12-22-2016, 10:57 PM
Blowout wins scare the NFL because they lose ratings

Then they have to result to shit like "a power outage"

Hydrae
12-23-2016, 09:05 AM
SOS schedule for a 16 game season has always seemed like a crap number anyway. By definition losing teams play a harder schedule (more wins for their opponents) and conversely winning teams SOS goes down for the same reason. 16 games is not a large enough sample size for any meaningful conclusions to be reached.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-23-2016, 09:14 AM
Thanks guys for looking it up, I'm sure there was a thread about it here in CP when Romeo was either coaching or right after the Pioli era .. but I remembered it saying how hard it is to be blown out, and most games are competitive ... but we sucked so bad, and we were blown out a ridiculous amount....

I just looked, in the past 46 games, opponents have only scored 30 points against us 4 times...( almost 3 full seasons) - we would average 6 games per year between 2008-2012... incredible how we turned that around...

That's where ball security plays a HUGE part. We rarely put the defense in a bad spot on the field. Que the dipshits with outliers

Lzen
12-23-2016, 09:15 AM

Everybody wins!

CupidStunt
12-23-2016, 10:31 AM
Thanks. Minus the trolling part. I'll take on thirty delusional posters at once if I have to. No matter how hard these scrubs try, I'm not budging on my position unless there's reason to.

You realize that you and the other blind homers around here are in the VAST MINORITY among everyone that follows the NFL in any capacity when it comes to Alex Whiff? I mean you DO realize that ... right? It's one thing to be a dumb coksucker and realize it, but you don't actually think you're in the majority and the realists around here are the exception, do you?

Alex Whiff is a laughing stock in the NFL. Everyone (e.g. the likes of Pittsburgh, NE) wants to play the Chiefs because they know they'll win unless their special teams lets them down. No one wants to watch the Chiefs because their dink'n'dunk offense is akin to paint drying. No one wants to bet on the Chiefs because they know Smiff doesn't stand a chance vs a top team.

Really though, I genuinely wonder if dumbasses like you actually realize just how microscopic your number is in support of Captain Checkdown. You post as if you're in the majority opinion. I mean, we're talking tinfoil hat, earth-is-flat type 1% retards here.

Demonpenz
12-23-2016, 10:35 AM
I would credit the defense for balling out when the other team has to take chances and make plays. Peters, DJ, Berry putting the offense in a great position. I have yet to see a NFL style attack from the Chiefs. Tyreek stretching the field Kelce with a crossing patern. Maclin on an out and Ware stays in to block, don't even send him out there. That play that looks like something an NFL team never even comes into play. WR screens, Swing passes, Misdirection runs, WILDCAT, Option, Deep back shoulder to maclin. Some Randomness to kelce.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-23-2016, 10:44 AM
Another useless cupid post. Remains on ignore with the other filth in my bottom 12.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-23-2016, 10:54 AM
Another useless cupid post. Remains on ignore with the other filth in my bottom 12.

Yet, you can not resist reading the posts because your brain knows, even if your mind won't accept it, that you are digesting nuggets of valuable truth and wisdom.

:)

ptlyon
12-23-2016, 10:57 AM
Yet, you can not resist reading the posts because your brain knows, even if your mind won't accept it, that you are digesting nuggets of valuable truth and wisdom.

:)

I just think he just wants to blow you

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-23-2016, 10:59 AM
I just think he just wants to blow you

ROFL

"Uncle Dag" respectfully declines.

Warrior5
12-23-2016, 11:18 AM
I would credit the defense for balling out when the other team has to take chances and make plays. Peters, DJ, Berry putting the offense in a great position. I have yet to see a NFL style attack from the Chiefs. Tyreek stretching the field Kelce with a crossing patern. Maclin on an out and Ware stays in to block, don't even send him out there. That play that looks like something an NFL team never even comes into play. WR screens, Swing passes, Misdirection runs, WILDCAT, Option, Deep back shoulder to maclin. Some Randomness to kelce.

Here's to finally seeing this on Sunday night!

Demonpenz
12-23-2016, 11:22 AM
I just sent an e-mail to 101 Arrowhead drive. Hopefully Reid has the current adobe update. I got my hands on an actual NFL playbook.pdf. you can find it on IRC/Underworld
#WarezNFLplaybooks. I got a bot there just type /Demonpenz *NFL playbooks.pdf*

Rausch
12-23-2016, 11:24 AM
Andy is every bit as tight-butthole as Marty.

They come from different disciplines but call the same game...

CupidStunt
12-23-2016, 11:26 AM
Reid used to be aggressive as hell. Of course, he had Donovan McNabb, who while far from perfect could also ball out.

Now he's scared as hell that Alex Whiff will fuck it up. Like last week with that end zone INT. Who can blame him for that? If I was the coach, I wouldn't wanna throw a single pass the whole game, to be honest.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-23-2016, 11:36 AM
Donovan Mcnabb balled out? You mean with his QB rating in the high 80's, was 'balling out'??

ROFL

Rausch
12-23-2016, 11:47 AM
All great numbers to back up a SB winning coach.

Oh, he's never won a SB?

Rausch
12-23-2016, 11:49 AM
Donovan Mcnabb balled out? You mean with his QB rating in the high 80's, was 'balling out'??

ROFL

I'm big in the McNabb lovers club. I'm a fan.

But the only time they were truly explosive was with TO and that was a constant filtering of Reid talking to Don talking to TO...

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-23-2016, 12:07 PM
All great numbers to back up a SB winning coach.

Oh, he's never won a SB?

I believe most fans who crave more than being out of the basement were very skeptical of this hire for that reason alone. There was nothing in the record books or on paper that suggested Andy Reid would do more than pull the Chiefs out of the gutter, which he has.

Still, players play hard for the guy and buy-in.

If the man would just play to his strengths...

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-23-2016, 12:11 PM
TO single handedly made them an explosive offense. But outside of that season, Mcnabb was a game manager QB just as he expects Smith. But Smith makes less mistakes and has played in a much more difficult division as the Broncos have gone to the SB twice now.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-23-2016, 12:12 PM
I agree, Andy beats himself. And when he's not, he's doing marvelous things.

CupidStunt
12-23-2016, 12:14 PM

ROFL

Wow, I'm so surprised you're also a blatant liar as well as a coksucker.

Or you could complain to the admins about your broken ignore list. It doesn't work. Boohoo. ROFL

DaFace
12-26-2016, 12:06 AM
Now we're tied for #3.

Rausch
12-26-2016, 12:13 AM
I believe most fans who crave more than being out of the basement were very skeptical of this hire for that reason alone. There was nothing in the record books or on paper that suggested Andy Reid would do more than pull the Chiefs out of the gutter, which he has.

Still, players play hard for the guy and buy-in.

If the man would just play to his strengths...

He lacks the kill shot.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-26-2016, 12:19 AM
He lacks the kill shot.

Visiting with some out of town family that I haven't seen for a long time tonight, so I didn't watch the game.

Did I miss the law of averages in action, whereby Reid coached a good game, didn't fuck the clock, and called a functional set of plays?

Rausch
12-26-2016, 12:21 AM
Visiting with some out of town family that I haven't seen for a long time tonight, so I didn't watch the game.

Did I miss the law of averages in action, whereby Reid coached a good game, didn't **** the clock, and called a functional set of plays?

He did fuck up clock management, he did go tight butthole in the 2nd half, it just didn't matter...

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-26-2016, 12:26 AM
He did fuck up clock management, he did go tight butthole in the 2nd half, it just didn't matter...

It happens.

Rausch
12-26-2016, 12:27 AM
It happens.

You just pulled a me on me.

Well played sir...

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-26-2016, 12:28 AM
You just pulled a me on me.

Well played sir...

That happens too. :)

Merry Christmas my angry, drunken, German friend.

Chief Northman
12-26-2016, 12:29 AM
He did **** up clock management, he did go tight butthole in the 2nd half, it just didn't matter...

I wouldn't go that far. Santos, Harris snd Hill all left points on the field.

Rausch
12-26-2016, 12:31 AM
I wouldn't go that far. Santos, Harris snd Hill all left points on the field.

So did Smith.

It wasn't a perfect game. Plenty of people made mistakes it just didn't matter.

In the playoffs it will definitely matter, whomever we play...

Chief Northman
12-26-2016, 12:35 AM
So did Smith.

Jeepers, just enjoy the win. That was a dominant performace by the Chiefs tonight.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-26-2016, 12:50 AM
So did Smith.

You know Rausch, I was just getting ready to post, in a teasingly mocking way, to "just enjoy the wi-"

Oh...

KChiefs1
12-26-2016, 01:14 AM

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rausch
12-26-2016, 01:19 AM
You know Rausch, I was just getting ready to post, in a teasingly mocking way, to "just enjoy the wi-"

Oh...

I am in 100% on the joy of this win.

Don't let my posts fool you.

As soon as the wife hits the sack I'll probably pull the game back up and tug one out.

No, seriously. If she's asleep, It'll happen.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-26-2016, 01:58 AM
I am in 100% on the joy of this win.

Don't let my posts fool you.

As soon as the wife hits the sack I'll probably pull the game back up and tug one out.

No, seriously. If she's asleep, It'll happen.

LMAO

TimeForWasp
12-26-2016, 05:43 AM
Bet me.

If the Chiefs win the Superbowl.....I'll leave.
If the Chiefs don't win the Superbowl....you leave.

I'll bet you that if the Chiefs are in the superbowl, they win it.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-26-2016, 09:43 AM
It's the NFL Rausch not college. It's hard to win big.... besides, your squeelers BARELY got by an average Raven team at home ROFL

Marcellus
12-26-2016, 09:46 AM
I would guess we just tied the Broncos and Indy on that list then.

Valiant
12-26-2016, 03:10 PM
Well considering I think our skills players are top 3 on ofense and a great defense, I would expect them to average 5 or 6 of them a season. Andy kills this team with some of his decisions.

Imagine trent with this team. If we didn't have 2 superbowls I would be shocked.

Kelce and maclin are enough to keep drives sustained if you get the ball to them. But we also have the freek and ware. This offense should not be stopped spread out.

Then there is the bend dont break scoring defense. That should be a perfect recipe for a trophy.