PDA

View Full Version : Football Terry Bradshaw Throwing Some Shade in Steel City... DAMN!

T-post Tom
12-24-2016, 12:09 PM
Terry Bradshaw on Mike Tomlin: Great cheerleader, not a great coach

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has won a Super Bowl, been to another and compiled 101 regular-season wins in 10 years, but he has failed to impress one of the great players in franchise history.

Hall of Fame Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw said on FOX Sports 1 that he doesn’t think much of Tomlin as a coach.

“I don’t think he’s a great coach at all,” Bradshaw said of Tomlin. “He’s a nice coach. To me, and I’ve said this, he’s really a great cheerleader guy. I don’t know what he does. But I don’t think that he’s a great coach at all. His name never even pops in my mind when we think about great coaches in the NFL.”

Bradshaw said Tomlin’s predecessor in Pittsburgh, Bill Cowher, was a great coach. But Bradshaw thinks Tomlin just inherited a good team from Cowher and kept it going.

Those comments may not sit well with the current regime in Pittsburgh, and the team’s director of communications tweeted about Tomlin’s solid record shortly after Bradshaw made his comments. But Bradshaw doesn’t seem to care whether his opinions of Tomlin will hurt feelings in Pittsburgh.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/24/terry-bradshaw-on-mike-tomlin-great-cheerleader-not-a-great-coach/

notorious
12-24-2016, 12:12 PM
He's right.

splatbass
12-24-2016, 12:13 PM
Bradshaw wasn't a great QB either, he just benefitted from being on a team filled with great players. And a great defense.

notorious
12-24-2016, 12:14 PM
Bradshaw wasn't a great QB either, he just benefitted from being on a team filled with great players.

This, too.

BlackHelicopters
12-24-2016, 12:20 PM
Bradshaw's time as a pregame analyst should be done. He is past his prime. Way past.

Easy 6
12-24-2016, 12:24 PM
Bradshaw wasn't a great QB either, he just benefitted from being on a team filled with great players. And a great defense.

This is true

Swann
Stallworth
Harris
Incredible O line

Then throw in one of the 5 great defenses of all time

Poor form on Bradshaws part to badmouth Tomlin like this, then throw in the fact that Terry is well known for being a giant dick to his fans

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2016, 12:25 PM
He's right.

There are lots of teams who'd gladly take Tomlin. Not the best coach in the league but still a very good one.

Deberg_1990
12-24-2016, 12:30 PM
Whether he's a coach or a cheerleader it doesn't matter. He wins games. That's what matters

splatbass
12-24-2016, 12:31 PM
There are lots of teams who'd gladly take Tomlin. Not the best coach in the league but still a very good one.

He's a step above Jeff Fisher and Marvin Lewis. That is about it.

MMXcalibur
12-24-2016, 12:33 PM
About sick of hearing about the goddamn Steelers.
Every year at this time it's the same shit: the Steelers are built to stop the Patriots! They are a dark horse!

The NFL Today had a segment that went over the all of the SB contenders: the top 2 seeds from each conference..............and the Steelers.

Get the fuck out of here.

notorious
12-24-2016, 12:41 PM
LMAO

Give Rape to any coach in the NFL and they will "win games".

Tomlin makes some of the stupidest in-game decisions imaginable. Even Reid wonders WTF he is doing.

BWillie
12-24-2016, 02:11 PM
You got to be kidding me. Bradshaw is such a bufoon. Tomlin has been in the league for ten years as a HC and hes NEVER been below . 500. Delegating to the right ppl is what the best coaches do

If anybody is overrated it was Cowher, but he of course was a great coach.

notorious
12-24-2016, 02:44 PM
You got to be kidding me. Bradshaw is such a bufoon. Tomlin has been in the league for ten years as a HC and hes NEVER been below . 500. Delegating to the right ppl is what the best coaches do

If anybody is overrated it was Cowher, but he of course was a great coach.

Cowher was an okay coach that got gifted a great D-coordinator and Franchise QB.

jspchief
12-24-2016, 02:52 PM
Agree with Bradshaw

splatbass
12-24-2016, 02:54 PM
Bradshaw is such a bufoon.

But he's turned being a buffoon into a lucrative 30 year TV gig.

-King-
12-24-2016, 03:02 PM

Other than the playoffs wins, consistent winning seasons, and Superbowl win, this is true...
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
12-24-2016, 03:10 PM
Meh. Big Ben helped him a bunch. Not the greatest coach, but I would give a nut up for the Chiefs to win a superbowl

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2016, 03:13 PM

A shaq size step. Tomlin is not much different from Andy Reid and no one would dare put Andy near Jeff fisher or Marvin Lewis

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-24-2016, 03:52 PM
Poor form on Bradshaw's part.

Tombstone RJ
12-24-2016, 05:23 PM
Bradshaw is an idiot.

Kman34
12-24-2016, 07:10 PM
Bradshaw is an idiot.

Cat..... and Ben Roethlisberger

Rams Fan
12-24-2016, 07:14 PM

Jeff Fisher has been a HC for 22 seasons.

Tomlin has been one for 10 seasons.

Tomlin has a Super Bowl Victory, 8 winning seasons, and 6 playoff victories.

Fisher has 6 winning seasons, 0 Super Bowl victories, and 5 playoff victories.

You're doing Tomlin a disservice comparing him to Fisher.

ThaVirus
12-24-2016, 07:15 PM

Has to be the worst take I'll read all day.