PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Can we talk offensive line?

TambaBerry
12-26-2016, 08:36 AM
Can someone please explain to me why our offensive line sucks so bad? We can't open up any holes for Ware, we can't push the ball in from the one yard line, we also let guys run free into the backfield. Is it coaching? Do our players just suck?

kccrow
12-26-2016, 08:40 AM
Can someone please explain to me why our offensive line sucks so bad? We can't open up any holes for Ware, we can't push the ball in from the one yard line, we also let guys run free into the backfield. Is it coaching? Do our players just suck?

More suck than anything IMO.

Fisher was terrible last night. He's usually solid, but when he plays bad, its really bad. The guards are dog shit for the most part, although I have seen growth from Tardif this year. I'm not overly high on the O-line scouting so far in the Dorsey/Reid era, but its not like its any worse than during Pioli's tenure.

TambaBerry
12-26-2016, 08:42 AM

Fisher was terrible last night. He's usually solid, but when he plays bad, its really bad. The guards are dog shit for the most part, although I have seen growth from Tardif this year. I'm not overly high on the O-line scouting so far in the Dorsey/Reid era, but its not like its any worse than during Pioli's tenure.

I want my early 2000s line back lol they were so dominate

kccrow
12-26-2016, 08:45 AM
I want my early 2000s line back lol they were so dominate

Hahaha. Yeah that'd be nice but the Shields' and Roaf's' of the world don't come around so often. I'd like to just see adequacy sometimes. I don't like the guards. I just don't. I think you need strong guards in the NFL if you're a West Coast team, and can get away with passable tackles. Chiefs have the tackles, but their guards are ... weak.

Buehler445
12-26-2016, 08:55 AM
Fish did some work on Kelces big run.

And, there were no sacks. It's better than it has been.

And I'd say we have competency. We can't do everything but we can do some things. Incompetent is what Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards rolled out after he dismantled the "circus offense". Fuck that bitch.

R Clark
12-26-2016, 08:57 AM
Run blocking sucks

LoneWolf
12-26-2016, 09:02 AM
Spencer Ware averages almost five yards per carry, the Chiefs rush for 238 yards, and the offensive line doesn't allow a sack in 37 pass attempts to the best pass rushing duo in the NFL. Guess it's time to start a thread bitching about the offensive line. :rolleyes:

TambaBerry
12-26-2016, 09:06 AM
Spencer Ware averages almost five yards per carry, the Chiefs rush for 238 yards, and the offensive line doesn't allow a sack in 37 pass attempts to the best pass rushing duo in the NFL. Guess it's time to start a thread bitching about the offensive line. :rolleyes:

it's just a conversation please don't come in here and derail the thread.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-26-2016, 09:10 AM
500 yards of offense and no sacks allowed against a top 3 D and we get this shit ROFL WHAT THE FUCK???

Pasta Little Brioni
12-26-2016, 09:11 AM
The weirdest thing is Chiefs have scored 30 per game on Dencer, but struggle with the shit Titan secondary

Pasta Little Brioni
12-26-2016, 09:12 AM

His point was valid

TambaBerry
12-26-2016, 09:15 AM
I know we had a good game guys, I'm not talking shit on the Chiefs. Alex got hit hard many times last, our rb got lit up in the back field by unblocked guys. We've struggled all year to push the ball in from the one yard line. That's what I'm trying to discuss. Don't take this shit so personally, just a discussion is all.

philfree
12-26-2016, 09:16 AM

He's got a point. IMO our O line struggles because of youth. Besides Schwartz we've drafted this line in the last four years. 2nd year C and RG and a backup at LG and the starter was a rookie. As these guys mature hopefully they come together as a unit.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-26-2016, 09:17 AM
You realize Denver is a great defense that usually does that and mych more right?? This point was more valid after last week's game. Line was awesome last night.

LoneWolf
12-26-2016, 09:20 AM
I know we had a good game guys, I'm not talking shit on the Chiefs. Alex got hit hard many times last, our rb got lit up in the back field by unblocked guys. We've struggled all year to push the ball in from the one yard line. That's what I'm trying to discuss. Don't take this shit so personally, just a discussion is all.

Who's taking anything personally? If I've given the impression that I play on the offensive line for the Chiefs, I'm sorry for the misrepresentation.

This thread just seems very ill timed. The offensive line played well last night against a good defense. They've actually played fairly well all season. Spencer Ware is an average NFL running back. If Charles was running behind this line, there would be fewer complaints about the offensive line play.

NJChiefsFan
12-26-2016, 09:22 AM
You realize Denver is a great defense that usually does that and mych more right?? This point was more valid after last week's game. Line was awesome last night.

Yes as you say the o line has struggled overall. This thread isn't exactly crazy to have even last week was the appropriate time to make it.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-26-2016, 09:24 AM
Yes as you say the o line has struggled overall. This thread isn't exactly crazy to have even last week was the appropriate time to make it.

Oh I trashed them last week, but they all get sucked off after that dominating beat down. What team has ever done that to them in recent years?

TambaBerry
12-26-2016, 09:27 AM
Oh I trashed them last week, but they all get sucked off after that dominating beat down. What team has ever done that to them in recent years?

oh yeah, that was one of the most fun games I've ever witnessed from the Chiefs, it tanks up there with the beat down of the patriots in recent years.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-26-2016, 09:30 AM
oh yeah, that was one of the most fun games I've ever witnessed from the Chiefs, it tanks up there with the beat down of the patriots in recent years.

Both were great, but dayum a beat down of Denver, ENDING their season to boot is just glorious.

TambaBerry
12-26-2016, 09:34 AM
Both were great, but dayum a beat down of Denver, ENDING their season to boot is just glorious.

on Christmas

Bewbies
12-26-2016, 09:36 AM
Wow, hot take in this one. LMAO

Stop bitching and enjoy the win.

Coochie liquor
12-26-2016, 09:39 AM

Elway probably left a bunch of horse turds in the toilet for the janitor to take care of.

TambaBerry
12-26-2016, 09:40 AM
Wow, hot take in this one. LMAO

Stop bitching and enjoy the win.

if you're not going to add anything useful just don't comment. Who is bitching? I'm not bitching at all, I'm trying to have a conversation of the fact that our line let's people through unblocked and the fact we can't rush for one yard on the goal line. Someone said pretty much the answer and it's youth, that makes a lot of sense especially with our guards.

TambaBerry
12-26-2016, 09:40 AM
Elway probably left a bunch of horse turds in the toilet for the janitor to take care of.

Can we deny this guy from ever stepping foot in arrowhead? Elway is the biggest douche ever

kcchiefsus
12-26-2016, 09:41 AM
He's got a point. IMO our O line struggles because of youth. Besides Schwartz we've drafted this line in the last four years. 2nd year C and RG and a backup at LG and the starter was a rookie. As these guys mature hopefully they come together as a unit.

At which point Dorsey will let them walk in FA.

NJChiefsFan
12-26-2016, 09:42 AM
We are leading the league in false starts with 28 if you want to talk about an issue. Seattle second with 25. Ironic since those two teams have home fields doing that to other teams.

This would be something to cleanup that would at least improve the rhythm of the offense.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/false-start?year=2016

jjchieffan
12-26-2016, 09:44 AM
I think the line definitely has room for improvement. Fortunately, one of those improvements is sitting on IR. Ehinger had a pretty good rookie season going before the injury. He struggled with the power rush, but that should improve. He will be able to bulk up this offseason and he got valuable experience before he got hurt. I look to see a pretty dominant left side next season. That would put RG as our weakest point. Not saying that LDT is bad. He's much better than the trash we had out there before him.

philfree
12-26-2016, 09:44 AM
At which point Dorsey will let them walk in FA.

That's a few years down the road if it happens but in the mean time Dorsey needs to draft some competition.

jjchieffan
12-26-2016, 09:49 AM
One other point about the offensive line. Last night during the game, they mentioned Smith's release as one of the quickest in the NFL at 2.25 seconds. That is what Manning did to mask the shit offensive line in Dungver. Is our line as good as we think it is of is Alex making it look better than it is?

NJChiefsFan
12-26-2016, 09:52 AM
One other point about the offensive line. Last night during the game, they mentioned Smith's release as one of the quickest in the NFL at 2.25 seconds. That is what Manning did to mask the shit offensive line in Dungver. Is our line as good as we think it is of is Alex making it look better than it is?

While the chiefs offense can be an issue against good teams that game plan like ne, they actually are a good matchup against a team like Denver.

They don't use their wr as much so tslib and harris don't do as much. Even though andy and Alex have their struggles, it does help negate the pass rush.

Sandy Vagina
12-26-2016, 11:13 AM
His point was valid

was valid, but dude was a bit of an ass about it.

The OL looked to have done a decent job against DEN, to me. Sure.. there were times that Ware had to make his yards on his own. Times where Smith took some crazy quick pressures/hits. That's just gonna happen against that D, and when the KC line is more finesse than brute force.

Not at all a great OL this season, as hoped, but they are also out of the bottom tier for the first time in the Andy era.

RunKC
12-26-2016, 11:25 AM
West was actually running well when they weren't doing the dumbass draw handoffs.

2bikemike
12-26-2016, 12:24 PM
The O-line will.have it's hands full again next week against the bolts. I hope they can put together a string of games similar to last nights.

Hoover
12-26-2016, 12:30 PM
Our running backs lack the necessary explosion to blow through the holes when they exist.

West was given a giant hole and only got a couple yards. Jamaal would have made a huge gain.

RINGLEADER
12-26-2016, 12:31 PM
Fisher is fine.
Morris is fine.
Scwartz has come on lately and is fine.

Our guards are the problem. Fulton is obviously filling in so I think we're okay long-term there with Eingerer and LDT is OK but could be improved upon, but that's just a fan analysis.

RINGLEADER
12-26-2016, 12:31 PM
Our running backs lack the necessary explosion to blow through the holes when they exist.

West was given a giant hole and only got a couple yards. Jamaal would have made a huge gain.

This too.

Smed1065
12-26-2016, 12:34 PM

Beat me to it...

Easy 6
12-26-2016, 12:45 PM
I'm not here to berate the op, this line clearly isnt as good as most of us thought it would be this year

But the timing is definitely bad, coming off a blowout win over a top 3 defense in which we surrendered no sacks and had a good running average

The run blocking showed clear improvement last night, they looked physical for the first time in a long time... I was pleased overall

chefs fan in omaha
12-26-2016, 12:53 PM

I agree, most teams with 11 Or 12 win seasons Olines usually suck

BryanBusby
12-26-2016, 12:55 PM
Smith helps the line but also hurts them.

Having a fast release is helpful, yes. Being the king of dink and dunk and giving the Defenses the luxury of sending a lot of guys without having to worry about a huge play puts extra pressure on them. His fixation of stepping up into the pressure doesn't help, either.

Demonpenz
12-26-2016, 01:29 PM
When you don't run a nfl offense you don't need an nfl quality line. The WR really are pretty shitty at blocking. Maclin is a total bust

FloridaMan88
12-26-2016, 02:23 PM
I think it is safe to say that Donald Stephenson not being a part of the Chiefs offensive line is a good thing.

That was re-confirmed last night.

Chiefshrink
12-26-2016, 02:39 PM
I'm not overly high on the O-line scouting so far in the Dorsey/Reid era, but its not like its any worse than during Pioli's tenure.

Funny. Out here in Denver obviously Elway has been praised up and down for the last 4yrs BUT now that he has very little running game and has literally watched his o-line crumble like a house of cards this season, the die hard educated fans and objective sports press out here are now starting to scrutinize his draft picks along the o-line. :D

Chiefshrink
12-26-2016, 02:41 PM
I think it is safe to say that Donald Stephenson not being a part of the Chiefs offensive line is a good thing.

Yes, and I assure you Elway and Kubiak have learned especially this last half of their season why JD/AR chose to let DS go.:D

Pitt Gorilla
12-26-2016, 02:49 PM
I know we had a good game guys, I'm not talking shit on the Chiefs. Alex got hit hard many times last, our rb got lit up in the back field by unblocked guys. We've struggled all year to push the ball in from the one yard line. That's what I'm trying to discuss. Don't take this shit so personally, just a discussion is all.there were times last night where Denver had 9 in the box. Nine. It's hard for me to put that on the line.

Chiefshrink
12-26-2016, 02:59 PM
there were times last night where Denver had 9 in the box. Nine. It's hard for me to put that on the line.

And why Kelce and Hill have been very productive especially Kelce this last half of the season. I have said all along that especially this last half of our season teams have not respected AS and our passing game and have stacked the box and why our running game almost parallels Denver's run game but the difference lies in the fact that AS has far more experience than Siemian in getting the ball into his playmakers hands.

keg in kc
12-26-2016, 03:31 PM
While there's room for improvement, the line's playing better than it has for years, and it's only going to get better down the road. And there are other issues which make them look worse. Namely playcalling, which has been horrendous all year from a creativity/predictability standpoint, as well as quarterback play - Smith simply doesn't feel or recognize pressure, and often blindly falls right into it if he doesn't either throw the ball to his primary target in 2.25 seconds or take off running - and finally the stable of backup runningbacks that would be fine as short-term fixes but just aren't 20-carry starting material. We need another starter, Ware needs to split time with him rather than be featured and West needs to be third string.

That's my take at least. And I think guard will be shored up long term once Ehinger is healthy and more seasoned. The line as a whole is a young group that should be even more solid in 17 and moving forward. The other issues will probably remain frustratingly the same.

NJChiefsFan
12-26-2016, 04:12 PM
Smith helps the line but also hurts them.

Having a fast release is helpful, yes. Being the king of dink and dunk and giving the Defenses the luxury of sending a lot of guys without having to worry about a huge play puts extra pressure on them. His fixation of stepping up into the pressure doesn't help, either.

There always being a lot of guys in the box is a good point. It was like that last year as well and we did better. Smith helps the o line pass blocking stats, not so much the run game.

srvy
12-26-2016, 04:50 PM
The line is undersized for smashmouth IMO. Andy likes smaller quicker guys that can get out in space for his WC offense. You dont see guts on our line and teams can bull rush us plowing out undersized center and guards.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-26-2016, 04:54 PM
They're not great , but they sure are capable. And this is after being tested by some of the best defensive lines/pass rushers in the league

philfree
12-26-2016, 05:01 PM
The line is undersized for smashmouth IMO. Andy likes smaller quicker guys that can get out in space for his WC offense. You dont see guts on our line and teams can bull rush us plowing out undersized center and guards.

What constitutes undersized? Morse is our lightest OL at 305 lbs. Fish and Fulton are both 315 and Schwartz and Tardif are 320.

srvy
12-26-2016, 05:28 PM
What constitutes undersized? Morse is our lightest OL at 305 lbs. Fish and Fulton are both 315 and Schwartz and Tardif are 320.

Pretty much Tim Grunhards on Frank Boals show after the titans game and also on 810 am.

I dont buy the 305 on Morse he looks small.

philfree
12-26-2016, 05:31 PM
Pretty much Tim Grunhards on Frank Boals show after the titans game and also on 810 am.

I dont buy the 305 on Morse he looks small.

He's 6'6" maybe that hurts him a little.

Chiefshrink
12-26-2016, 05:42 PM

Remember the John Alt days and the 02-05 line !!:drool:

srvy
12-26-2016, 05:57 PM
Remember the John Alt days and the 02-05 line !!:drool:

That 2005 line made Ray Ray cry for mercy Roaf, Shields, Weigman, Waters and Black-Welbourn.

Alt man I loved that guy a true warrior with the chronic back he still was one of thes best. If that back hadnt of had problems he most likely would be up with the greats like Roaf.

Chiefshrink
12-26-2016, 06:00 PM
That 2005 line made Ray Ray cry for mercy Roaf, Shields, Weigman, Waters and Black-Welbourn.

Alt man I loved that guy a true warrior with the chronic back he still was one of thes best. If that back hadnt of had problems he most likely would be up with the greats like Roaf.

04, I remember that Monday night game. Lewis literally was scared, I loved it !!!

srvy
12-26-2016, 06:00 PM
Grunhart said its a mentality that you just got to get low and drive no matter how it hurts he went on to say look at me and stood up I was never a big guy. He really kind of called Morse out.

Chiefshrink
12-26-2016, 06:04 PM
Grunhart said its a mentality that you just got to get low and drive no matter how it hurts he went on to say look at me and stood up I was never a big guy. He really kind of called Morse out.

You dad gum right it is a mentality. I don't care how athletically talented you are IF you don't play football with a "PISS and VINEGAR" mindset you will minimize your production greatly on top of getting hurt.

Mr. Laz
12-26-2016, 06:51 PM
Fisher is fine.
Morris is fine.
Scwartz has come on lately and is fine.

Our guards are the problem. Fulton is obviously filling in so I think we're okay long-term there with Eingerer and LDT is OK but could be improved upon, but that's just a fan analysis.

except for Ehringer was shit before Fulton took over

so much so that Fulton felt like an upgrade

Maybe Ehringer will be better once he gets stronger but we can't count on him yet.

I still have doubts about Andy Heck.

Our Dline seems to underperform too imo

Our Head coach is soft so that reflect most in the trenches where toughness is needed the most.

O.city
12-26-2016, 06:55 PM
Lol

Bob Dole
12-26-2016, 07:44 PM

Any lineman smaller than any other lineman in the league.

Are you new here?

splatbass
12-26-2016, 09:08 PM

Some people will never be happy, no matter how well the Chiefs do or how big the win. I feel sorry for them, they can't enjoy success.

NJChiefsFan
12-26-2016, 09:11 PM
Some people will never be happy, no matter how well the Chiefs do or how big the win. I feel sorry for them, they can't enjoy success.

Don't want to jinx anything but imagine how clay would feel if we won? Couldn't enjoy his team win a sb because of his ego. That would just be sad.

TambaBerry
12-26-2016, 09:12 PM

I'm extremely happy and have been enjoying this win all day

DaneMcCloud
12-26-2016, 09:19 PM

Maybe Ehringer will be better once he gets stronger but we can't count on him yet.

Our Head coach is soft so that reflect most in the trenches where toughness is needed the most.
You live in fantasy land

Either that or you don't know jackshit about offensive lineman.

It's probably both.

RunKC
12-26-2016, 09:21 PM

Amazing how you ignored my post showing you how much better we are with Ehinger last time this was discussed..

Pitt Gorilla
12-26-2016, 10:29 PM
The line is undersized for smashmouth IMO. Andy likes smaller quicker guys that can get out in space for his WC offense. You dont see guts on our line and teams can bull rush us plowing out undersized center and guards.Undersized? Guts? WTF are you talking about?

KChiefs1
12-26-2016, 10:50 PM

Yes without a doubt! LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

splatbass
12-26-2016, 11:24 PM
When you don't run a nfl offense you don't need an nfl quality line.

What? The WCO isn't an NFL offense? Don't tell Bill Walsh that.

ThaVirus
12-27-2016, 09:28 AM
Amazing how you ignored my post showing you how much better we are with Ehinger last time this was discussed..

Link?

I must have missed that one and it's tough for me to believe our OL wenr to shit running blocking when we lost a rookie guard.

Sandy Vagina
12-27-2016, 09:35 AM
Undersized? Guts? WTF are you talking about?

My guess on what he's saying is.. the Chiefs' OL lacks grit. You know.. road-grading, uproot u off your spot and put u in the dirt kind of grit.

More times than not.. if this is what he means.. he is correct.

Last game, I think we saw an OL with more grit than we had seen in recent weeks prior. I think they are capable.. but highly inconsistent in their mentality.. and therefore.. efforts. They often play a finesse game, and don't maul their assignments with force.

I think this was the message finally getting through to them.. and they brought it much better. We'll see if it continues on a more regular basis.

jjchieffan
12-27-2016, 09:39 AM

You are literally the only poster on this board that thinks that Fulton is playing better than Ehinger was. He did struggle a bit early on, but he was improving every week. And there is no doubt that the running game has not been the same since he got injured. But I guess that the entire board is wrong about him and that you alone have this right. SMH. I would like to see the PFF stats on week by week grades for Ehinger and Fulton for the entire season. I'm confident that they would prove what the rest of us see. With Clay gone, who else does the PFF stats?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-27-2016, 06:48 PM
Fun Fact: # of sacks is down 40% from 2015
We rank 13th this year in sack rate, we were 27th in 2015.

That's money well spent.

Dorsey, baby!

kccrow
12-27-2016, 07:12 PM
Fun Fact: # of sacks is down 40% from 2015
We rank 13th this year in sack rate, we were 27th in 2015.

That's money well spent.

Dorsey, baby!

All the O-line does is win. 21-4 in the last 25.

Demonpenz
12-27-2016, 07:17 PM
Grunhardt small lol. Weigman was a bit small.

Demonpenz
12-27-2016, 07:17 PM
What? The WCO isn't an NFL offense? Don't tell Bill Walsh that.

He's dead af

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2016, 07:18 PM
He's dead af

Now that's an offensive line

splatbass
12-27-2016, 07:20 PM
He's dead af

Yeah, but his NFL offense is still alive.

RunKC
12-27-2016, 07:21 PM
Link?

I must have missed that one and it's tough for me to believe our OL wenr to shit running blocking when we lost a rookie guard.

Spencer Ware with Parker Ehinger: 5.7 YPC
Spencer Ware in 7 games since losing Parker Ehinger: 3.04 YPC

Dane is right

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=12639280#post12639280

Mr. Laz
12-27-2016, 07:31 PM
You are literally the only poster on this board that thinks that Fulton is playing better than Ehinger was. He did struggle a bit early on, but he was improving every week. And there is no doubt that the running game has not been the same since he got injured. But I guess that the entire board is wrong about him and that you alone have this right. SMH. I would like to see the PFF stats on week by week grades for Ehinger and Fulton for the entire season. I'm confident that they would prove what the rest of us see. With Clay gone, who else does the PFF stats?
Why? If PFF doesn't say what you want them to say you will just ignore it or say that PFF sucks.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2016, 07:40 PM
Houston vs Chiefs top offensive grades according to @PFF
Fulton, 76.9
Fisher, 75.3
West, 65.2
Conley, 60.7
Maclin, 59.1

Mr. Laz
12-27-2016, 07:43 PM
Chiefs/Colts

PFF Top offensive grades

TE Travis Kelce 90.0
LT Eric Fisher 83.6
WR Tyreek Hill 80.2
LG Zach Fulton 74.9
C Mitch Morse 73.2

Mr. Laz
12-27-2016, 07:44 PM
Dec 25 Chiefs/Denver

Top offensive grades:
TE Travis Kelce, 85.6
OG Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff, 81.8
RB Spencer Ware, 791
OG Zach Fulton, 78.9
OT Mitchell Schwartz, 78.6

Mr. Laz
12-27-2016, 07:46 PM
Chiefs vs Chicago

First team O-line solid despite late substitution at center

Zach Fulton didn’t learn until the coin toss that he would be starting the game at center due to the late illness of Mitch Morse, but he acquitted himself well, keeping a clean sheet in pass protection and making the odd play in the run game, though he was more hit-or-miss there. Eric Fisher had an excellent game at left tackle, surrendering just one hurry on 34 pass-blocking snaps, and Mitchell Schwartz looked solid on the other side. Only really Laurent Duvernay-Tardif let the side down in pass protection a little, surrendering three pressures, but still not embarrassing himself. The O-line for Kansas City has been up and down in recent years, but this was an encouraging display.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2016, 07:49 PM
Chiefs/Jets

PFF Offensive line grades
OT Mitch Schwartz: 63
OT Eric Fisher: 63
G Jordan Devey: 63
G Zach Fulton: 63
C Mitch Morse: 63

jjchieffan
12-27-2016, 08:05 PM
Why? If PFF doesn't say what you want them to say you will just ignore it or say that PFF sucks.

PFF does suck. But I would still be interested to see what their grades say. I think you're wrong, most of CP thinks you're wrong. The question is, what does the independent site say? Do they agree with Laz or everyone else?

ThaVirus
12-27-2016, 08:18 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=12639280#post12639280

I don't buy it. No way a rookie guard is the difference between Jamaal Charles production and Knile Davis production.

There has to be something else as well.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2016, 08:40 PM
PFF does suck. But I would still be interested to see what their grades say. I think you're wrong, most of CP thinks you're wrong. The question is, what does the independent site say? Do they agree with Laz or everyone else?
I don't have a subscription with PFF but i just found 4 games where they had Fulton graded in the top offensive scores.

He's played in 11 games this year, one at center and 10 at guard.

He got PFF honorable mention in his 1 game at center and was list among the top offensive scores in 4 out of the 10 games at guard.

Might be more, those are the only ones i found since i don't have access to them.

Easy 6
12-27-2016, 08:41 PM
I don't buy it. No way a rookie guard is the difference between Jamaal Charles production and Knile Davis production.

I dont either

Ehringer may have been a solid rookie, but dont tell me he is the BIG difference right now because I'm not buying it

We're a finesses line that values athleticism/second level mobility over mass and brute strength, and thats great when it works between the 20s... but down in the final 10 yards, its can be a problem

DaneMcCloud
12-27-2016, 08:50 PM
I dont either

Ehringer may have been a solid rookie, but dont tell me he is the BIG difference right now because I'm not buying it

We're a finesses line that values athleticism/second level mobility over mass and brute strength, and thats great when it works between the 20s... but down in the final 10 yards, its can be a problem

Well, you and the others are wrong.

Ehinger was struggling in Pass Pro but was far more athletic than Fulton on running plays, often helping to create space.

Fulton is okay in Pass Pro but sucks run blocking. Morse bailed his ass out several times on Sunday.

DaneMcCloud
12-27-2016, 08:51 PM

Maybe if you watched the Chiefs games on something other than a shitty stream on a shitty screen, you'd recognize issue better.

ThaVirus
12-27-2016, 09:01 PM
Maybe if you watched the Chiefs games on something other than a shitty stream on a shitty screen, you'd recognize issue better.

A prime Will Shields wouldn't account for a 2.6 YPC swing.

No.

Not buying it.

DaneMcCloud
12-27-2016, 09:05 PM
A prime Will Shields wouldn't account for a 2.6 YPC swing.

No.

Not buying it.

That's because you don't know what you're fucking watching.

O.city
12-27-2016, 09:09 PM
I think it's a combination of the guards and the backs. Moreso the backs.

They both look beat up and slow for alot of the year.

Buzz
12-27-2016, 09:11 PM
Did they just not say Alex had the quickest release in the league, 2.25 sec? I thought I heard that during the game?

DaneMcCloud
12-27-2016, 09:12 PM
I think it's a combination of the guards and the backs. Moreso the backs.

They both look beat up and slow for alot of the year.
Fulton can't open holes without help.

West hasn't been fully healthy until now, as he's battled injuries since training camp.

Easy 6
12-27-2016, 09:22 PM
Well, you and the others are wrong.

Ehinger was struggling in Pass Pro but was far more athletic than Fulton on running plays, often helping to create space.

Fulton is okay in Pass Pro but sucks run blocking. Morse bailed his ass out several times on Sunday.

You just wanna get me these days, dontcha Dane?

We can both split stats galore, but the truth is that no damn rookie guard accounts for all of our running game troubles

C'mon man, no matter how good he may have been, or how much he was overlooked here because of his rookie status (it wasnt by me)... no rookie guard is the main cause of of a top back dropping to 3 yards or less a carry

You used to be one of the Four ****ing Horsemen of the Apocalypse for crying out loud, and now you're telling us that a rookie guard is responsible for Ware going from 4-5 ypc to 3 or less ypc for the last 6 games or so?

You're swerving hard right these days, what happened to the Dane that didnt flinch from honest takes?

Damn man, this O line is usually SOFT on run blocking, what else do you need to see to agree with that, at least to some extent?

DaneMcCloud
12-27-2016, 09:24 PM

We can both split stats galore, but the truth is that no damn rookie guard accounts for all of our running game troubles

C'mon man, no matter how good he may have been, or how much he was overlooked here because of his rookie status (it wasnt by me)... no rookie guard is the main cause of of a top back dropping to 3 yards or less a carry

You used to be one of the Four ****ing Horsemen of the Apocalypse for crying out loud, and now you're telling us that a rookie guard is responsible for Ware going from 4-5 ypc to 3 or less ypc for the last 6 games or so?

You're swerving hard right these days, what happened to the Dane that didnt flinch from honest takes?

Damn man, this O line is usually SOFT on run blocking, what else do you need to see to agree with that, at least to some extent?

You're not isolating or watching jackshit.

I am and have been detailing the issues all season long.

My opinion wasn't formed overnight.

ThaVirus
12-27-2016, 09:43 PM

This.

I'm sorry but no, Dane. Just no.

Sorter
12-27-2016, 09:51 PM
I haven't watched anything in A22 for a while this year but it seems we're running quite a bit more power concepts off the left side (pulling the Canadian).

DaneMcCloud
12-27-2016, 09:54 PM
This.

I'm sorry but no, Dane. Just no.

Wrong, as usual.

Merry Christmas.

ThaVirus
12-27-2016, 09:55 PM
Wrong, as usual.

Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas, bro.

DaneMcCloud
12-27-2016, 09:59 PM
I haven't watched anything in A22 for a while this year but it seems we're running quite a bit more power concepts off the left side (pulling the Canadian).

They're pulling Morse left as well because Fulton can't stand his ground.

If these people would actually RE-WATCH games and just focus on a single player, I'd like to think they'd see something different.

It's just like when a shitload of people said "Schwartz has been great!" without charting each play in the first Denver game, in which he was buttfucked by Shaq Barrett and Von Miller.

It's fucking CP at its finest.

Easy 6
12-27-2016, 09:59 PM

You and I have hit a rough patch recently, but you absolutely cannot tell me I didnt isolate O line players to watch... every offensive play I watched started with focusing in on an individual lineman

Which position varied play by play, but I do watch very closely, Dane... c'mon man, dont go there, plenty of us watch the details, you're not the only one

DaneMcCloud
12-27-2016, 10:00 PM
You and I have hit a rough patch recently, but you absolutely cannot tell me I didnt isolate O line players to watch... every offensive play I watched started with focusing in on an individual lineman

Which position varied play by play, but I do watch very closely, Dane... c'mon man, dont go there, plenty of us watch the details, you're not the only one

Then you're doing it wrong

Sorter
12-27-2016, 10:04 PM
They're pulling Morse left as well because Fulton can't stand his ground.

If these people would actually RE-WATCH games and just focus on a single player, I'd like to think they'd see something different.

It's just like when a shitload of people said "Schwartz has been great!" without charting each play in the first Denver game, in which he was buttfucked by Shaq Barrett and Von Miller.

It's fucking CP at its finest.

I'd have to re-watch to see what's going on. Sometimes you pull centers on tosses/sweeps, other times for wham concepts. Can vary with different fronts as well for OZ concepts (though usually it will be the G and/or T that pull).

Easy 6
12-27-2016, 10:10 PM

Then you're doing it wrong

LMAO theres no arguing with you on equal terms, you're always going to have the better view of things

I'm not doing a damn thing wrong, you're insisting on being the sole authority around here lately... and that shit aint gonna fly, but for tonight carry on soldier... we can argue another time

ThaVirus
12-27-2016, 10:25 PM
I'm going to need to see some gifs or video of Ehringer and Fulton and how losing Ehringer could possibly shake things up in such a noticeable fashion.

Right now you're suggesting something that's far fetched as hell so I'm placing the burden of proof on you.

RunKC
12-27-2016, 10:27 PM
I'm curious if Sherman was taken off the field more after Fulton was put in. That would change a lot

O.city
12-27-2016, 10:28 PM
Ehinger brought a little more nasty to the front. That's been missing, but a bigger issue from my seat has been the lack of quickness from the backs with the ol always seem gly to have a misstep here or there.

So many times they blow a hole open but the back is a step or two late grtting there. Gotta remember, with west banged up all year, Ware has gotten a shitload of carries and he's never had near this many. He's worn down over the season.

It's why I don't think you can roll with or count on Charles next year. They've suffered at rb this season

DaneMcCloud
12-27-2016, 10:29 PM
I'm going to need to see some gifs or video of Ehringer and Fulton and how losing Ehringer could possibly shake things up in such a noticeable fashion.

Right now you're suggesting something that's far fetched as hell so I'm placing the burden of proof on you.

Oh, just fuck off.

You can't provide shit because you can't see shit.

RaidersOftheCellar
12-28-2016, 11:02 AM

Might not be the best timing, but this is something people haven't talked about nearly enough this year. It's the main reason we haven't seen the consistency on offense we had hoped to see.

There's only been one period of highly productive offense in recent years, and it was the 2nd half of Reid's first season, when the line had gelled into a solid and consistent unit. The points started piling up, Smith had some of his best statistical games, and the running game was rolling. Then Dorsey allowed three of those linemen to walk in the offseason and we've had mediocre line play since.

B*tch about Smith all you want, but if we could get ANY push whatsoever up the middle, this would be a far more productive offense. It's absurd how often the RBs get stuffed at the line and fail to convert 3rd and short or 4th and short.

NJChiefsFan
12-28-2016, 11:08 AM
Might not be the best timing, but this is something people haven't talked about nearly enough this year. It's the main reason we haven't seen the consistency on offense we had hoped to see.

There's only been one period of highly productive offense in recent years, and it was the 2nd half of Reid's first season, when the line had gelled into a solid and consistent unit. The points started piling up, Smith had some of his best statistical games, and the running game was rolling. Then Dorsey allowed three of those linemen to walk in the offseason and we've had mediocre line play since.

B*tch about Smith all you want, but if we could get ANY push whatsoever up the middle, this would be a far more productive offense. It's absurd how often the RBs get stuffed at the line and fail to convert 3rd and short or 4th and short.

The line was a major reason we lost to TEN(along with Smith, DAT, and coaching the final 3 minutes from Sutton and Andy). They took it to heart and came out fighting Sunday. Hopefully they play like that from now on.

Either way we may not see the explosiveness in the run game we saw last year unless it comes off of a Hill sweep.